PSX emulators...

• Thread starter linkinpark
  • 29 comments
I'm looking for guys who play gt2 on an emulator, if you are one such person, please take some time to look at my website... press the link below.

Also does anyone know of an emulator capable of runing on a 200MMX with 64mgs of RAM?

well i hear there are a couple different ones that work...i use Connectix VGS, you throw the actual PS1 CD's in your CD-ROM and it reads them....not quite an emulator, more like a console on your computers HD....if you want it, its a very small file that works on win 95/98...not on XP, and i'll see if i can just send it over to ya

EDIT: oh and yes i did buy a PS2 for Gran Turismo 3...had the thing almost a month and still only own 1 game! but somebody lent me FFX and it's pretty cool aswell....just can never get my hands off GT3!

(looking to buy Auto Modelista and Pro Race Driver)

I also run my GT2 game on an emulator, snice my PS1 broke down on me. Its great but doesnt really up hold the traditional PS1 graphics, the 128MB Geforce cranks it up beyond its regular graphic limit. On top of that its better on the PC snice you can copy an image file on to ur hard drive and play it off that. It saves your CD drive and your CD :)

if you are using windows xp your only chance is to use the emulator ePSXe, its the only one that works... i use connectix also! win 98 SE powa!

you can get emulators at emulation pages, there are many such pages around, i only know a few like www.zophar.net

wing_system, Ducati, NOS_Conor, have you guys seen my page?

Originally posted by linkinpark
I'm looking for guys who play gt2 on an emulator, if you are one such person, please take some time to look at my website... press the link below.

Also does anyone know of an emulator capable of runing on a 200MMX with 64mgs of RAM?

Tell your friend to save his pennies for a PSOne. I have an emulator that runsOK on my 1.4 gHz/ 256 DDR machine. Speed is great (I actually have to throttle it), but it's still very buggy.

actually yea i have seen your page...pretty killer would love to get into it i just haven't played GT2 now for about a month since i got a PS2, but I will probobly pick up a PS1 mem card and start over on the actual system since my Logitech wheel connects to my PS2 but i could never get Connectix to recongize it.....i suffered all the way through GT2 using the A key to accelerate, and CTRL to brake :( sadly i got so used to it i was making unbeleivable lap times heh...

the link for the page is in the "website" button on the low margin of every of my posts, but here he comes again...

gt2fs

ducati, maybe epsxe can run your wheel, and yes that seems to be the only downside of using a emulator, the fact that you can't use the psx wheel to drive, other than that, i'd have to disagree with you risingson77, i preffer the emulator...

there are several advantages, you can make all manigations with the emulator you can't on a PSX, like editing your money on the mem cards, also you can have the all the mem cars you want or need because they are simply files on your hard drive, you don't have to use the tv, you can have petty cool graphics and you can get screenshots easily!

but hey, this is just my opinion, i've played GT1 once on a PSX with a rumble pac and it was a really cool sensation... but to play for fierce human competition, i believe the emulator rules!

I didn't say the emulator wasn't good - just that it probably won't run very well on his machine.

But personally, I can live without all of those neat features (including increased resolution) for the game to run smoothly.

i also think so, that's why i dont use ePSXe! Connectix rules, its much simpler... and yeah it probably wont run smoothly but is there a chance that it runs at all?

Of course epsxe is good, the only obsticle is that your computer must handle it. I have a Pentium 4 2.80Ghz 128mb Geforce 4 with 512 DDR ram, thats enough to stastify the emulator. My freind has a Pentium 4 1.7 Ghz with 64mb Geforce and still runs slow. So if you want the best out of an eumulator then you need a good computer

Than you and your friend have all the requirements to go participate in my page and play a few competitions with us, what do you thing wing_system?

Originally posted by wing_system
Of course epsxe is good, the only obsticle is that your computer must handle it. I have a Pentium 4 2.80Ghz 128mb Geforce 4 with 512 DDR ram, thats enough to stastify the emulator. My freind has a Pentium 4 1.7 Ghz with 64mb Geforce and still runs slow. So if you want the best out of an eumulator then you need a good computer

I have a 1.4 gHz T-bird with 256 MB PC2100 and a Gefeorce 2 Ti (64 MB DDR). ePSXe runs excellently on my machine, other than glitches you get from imperfect emulation. I even got ePSXe to run pretty well on my K6-2 500 with a Voodoo 3 PCI ( :eek: ). It's all in how you set it up - I can make it run like poo without too much effort.

Tell your friend to try the automatic GPU setup, and set it to "Fast". Then see if you can make it prettier. :)

well, right now we've got some time trials going on some circuits... but you also have some races on grindelwald and apricot hill, the rules are somewhat expansive, you'd have to look ate the page yourself...

Erm for those that claim Connectrix doesn't work on XP, inform yourself before saying such a thing, I've got connectrix all patched up and it runs marvelously on my XP...

For a PSX emulator you won't need all that big a hardware configuration as some claim, because I can still run GT2 on my old PII 233 with a Voodoo Banshee 'n 64 MB RAM, hardly, but managable

I dunno, I think an emulated GT2 beats most racing games available for PC :D sad actually

The graphics suck though, inevitable, the technology Sony used to make it's PSX graphics card is not incorporated by any current GPU, that way many graphical effects and features remain unmodeled... but actually the effect of this is very very small, the graphics aren't all that bad, but when you're used to GT3 it's sure some sort of a daaaaaaamned cold shower... but hey, you get 600 cars in return ;) (probably more)

<Z>

Hi!

It was some time now that i last played GT2 with ePSXe, on startup after selecting start the screen goes black and sits like that forever. I remember there was some kind of key that had to be pressed to make it go on.. Anyone can enlighten me on which? :)

Thanx!

there is a thing on your cd-rom controller that you have to check, a check box... if you're using an older version of ePSXe then there is a note on the side of the check box that says you have to check it in order to make GT2 work... after you make it work, check out my page will ya?

Back