Q&A with Slightly Mad Studios: Ian Bell [Read OP]

• Thread starter Kitten
  • 3,687 comments
Rf2 put 100 AI around Nords... on PC.

Did anyone try the same or even get near of those numbers online? I doubt it.

But not at the expense of pixelated graphics. EVER. I did compromise graphics for immersion.. in VR and still, not a graphics issue 'per se'.. it's more a lens thing.

Minecraft should be banned :D and I only accept those old school graphics in MAME or Dosbox or FS-UAE...

I don't think I can go back to PS1 pixels, but N64 graphics might not be too bad.

You sure about that?
tamiya1.jpg

:lol: Did someone say cereal box?

I'm not looking forward to the fact that Minecraft will be the reference point for "retro" graphics for a whole generation of kids. :grumpy: Minecraft is programmer art, and the aesthetic is barely coherent as the "tribute" to retro videogame graphics it is claimed to be.

Get off my lawn! And stop digging in it looking for diamonds! :P

Hi, can anyone confirm if pcars takes advantage of SMP (Simultaneous Multi-Projection) technology? Sorry for such a mundane question.

Hi, can anyone confirm if pcars takes advantage of SMP (Simultaneous Multi-Projection) technology? Sorry for such a mundane question.
I never got an answer to this directly, but indirectly there was some mention that the game doesn't use proprietary nvidia tech (I think), so I guess it's a know. Hope I'm wrong.

Just one little question: Does Live Track 3.0 allow for situations like the one we had in the last 30 minutes of the 24 hours of Nurburgring? Heavy downpour at one place and completely dry at others?

Understanding that its a video game and we dont want to be too harsh but if there was a way to make a get stuck in the gravel traps in a way such that the more violent you go off into it, the more likely you will get stuck because of the wheels.

Also apologize if this was already answered but if there is a mechanical failure, will there be a way to rejoin without ending the race or restarting, not expecting the cranes or tow really.

Understanding that its a video game and we dont want to be too harsh but if there was a way to make a get stuck in the gravel traps in a way such that the more violent you go off into it, the more likely you will get stuck because of the wheels.

Also apologize if this was already answered but if there is a mechanical failure, will there be a way to rejoin without ending the race or restarting, not expecting the cranes or tow really.
No. Being stuck in the gravel is not something any game is willing to do.

limp mode back to the pits for repair

You enjoy people spinning off the track only to press the reset button and magically appear back on the track right in your race line? I know I don't, Iv had several races ruined because of this. If you wreck the car, you drive it back onto the track.
No need to remove the "reset car" button imo, programming cars in online races to ghost for a few seconds while returning to track + a time penalty for using the "reset car" button should solve the problem.

Last edited:
A lot of leagues will disqualify you from the race if you use the rest button. I don't like it at all. As it's been said above people abuse it as it is now. If it's intended to be used when you destroy your car and can't drive it then that's fine. It shouldn't be able to be used though unless your car is in that state.

Back