Qualifying regional finals

Belgium
Belgium
MathieuCollin
Hello all,

I’ m currently well in place to be qualified for the regionl finals. The only issue I currently have is the fact that I do not have the S-rating. Does this mean that I cant qualify for the regional finals or is it OK that I receive the S rating after the finalseason. I have found the following on the grant turismo website:

« Players who have performed extraordinary well during Season 1 and/or 2 will have the option to obtain 'Star Player' status by registering their profile details. The 'Star Players' are identified by an 'S' Driver Rating, opening the path to the 'Top 24 Superstars' races and the Live Events described below. With the introduction of the 'Star Player' system, the current Driver Rating 'S' will be changed to 'A+'. »

I was on vacation during seazon 2 so I only received my S status after season 1...

Does this mean that I cant qualify for the regional finals or is it sufficient that I receive my S rating afer this finalseason to qualify for the regional finals?

Kind regards,

Mathieu Collin

Hello all,

I’ m currently well in place to be qualified for the regionl finals. The only issue I currently have is the fact that I do not have the S-rating. Does this mean that I cant qualify for the regional finals or is it OK that I receive the S rating after the finalseason. I have found the following on the grant turismo website:

« Players who have performed extraordinary well during Season 1 and/or 2 will have the option to obtain 'Star Player' status by registering their profile details. The 'Star Players' are identified by an 'S' Driver Rating, opening the path to the 'Top 24 Superstars' races and the Live Events described below. With the introduction of the 'Star Player' system, the current Driver Rating 'S' will be changed to 'A+'. »

I was on vacation during seazon 2 so I only received my S status after season 1...

Does this mean that I cant qualify for the regional finals or is it sufficient that I receive my S rating afer this finalseason to qualify for the regional finals?

Kind regards,

Mathieu Collin

Not sure mate, we'll have to see if they give out Star Player for the Final Season, I hopeful for you because you deserve it.

I have read that the S-ratings resets after every season and only applies to the period following that season. So indeed if they give it again I think I will be safe because the regional finals are between the next championship and this final season. It would be very unfair from PD if they would not let me participate because of this. Its already bad enough that I can’t participate in the superstar races. Thanks guys!

I have read that the S-ratings resets after every season and only applies to the period following that season. So indeed if they give it again I think I will be safe because the regional finals are between the next championship and this final season. It would be very unfair from PD if they would not let me participate because of this. Its already bad enough that I can’t participate in the superstar races. Thanks guys!

It sure would. Hey I looked at the stats and you're just 1 place in front of me :D:gtpflag:

Hey I got a question too. There are 2 possibilities from what i understand. Nations and Manufacturers, right ?!
So i‘m Only driving the Manufacturers and don’t have S rank. I asked in another thread what the Criteria to be eligible are, and was told that I have to be Top 30 in my Region and Top 3 in my Country. Is that true?!
Or do I have to Compete in both Series to be eligible and are the Ctiteria the same in Nations ???

Hey I got a question too. There are 2 possibilities from what i understand. Nations and Manufacturers, right ?!
So i‘m Only driving the Manufacturers and don’t have S rank. I asked in another thread what the Criteria to be eligible are, and was told that I have to be Top 30 in my Region and Top 3 in my Country. Is that true?!
Or do I have to Compete in both Series to be eligible and are the Ctiteria the same in Nations ???
You qualify for S ranking in the manufacturer's also. Top x in the region and top x per manufacturer. I'm not sure what the numbers are. As someone already said it's not yet clear if S ranking will be awarded this season.

To get S rank from Manufacturers, you have to finish the season either in the top 200 of your region or top 10 in your selected manufacturer. The criteria is the same for Nations, but instead of being top 10 in your manufacturer you have to be top 10 in your country.

It's unclear what you mean.

To be eligible for star rank you have to be at least 200th in Nations OR 200th in Manufacturers OR top 10 in your country OR top 10 in your manufacturer stats.

To be eligible for the live events you have to be at least 30th in Nations.

You need to be the first of your manufacturer chosen to qualify for the world finals and top 30 from your region to qualify for the regional finals and top 3 of your country.

You need to be the first of your manufacturer chosen to qualify for the world finals and top 30 from your region to qualify for the regional finals and top 3 of your country.
Ah ok, that’s what i wanted to know. So right now i‘m 50th in the EMEA Region and 3rd for Ferrari and as far as I know i‘m currently 4th or 5th in Germany( 1st in my region ) so to be eligible for the regional finals, I would have to be top 30 + Top 3 in Germany, correct?!

Ah ok, that’s what i wanted to know. So right now i‘m 50th in the EMEA Region and 3rd for Ferrari and as far as I know i‘m currently 4th or 5th in Germany( 1st in my region ) so to be eligible for the regional finals, I would have to be top 30 + Top 3 in Germany, correct?!
Yes but you don't have to be 1st in your manufacturer.

There is no Regional Manufacturers Final. The top representative in each Region of the top 16 Manufacturers makes the World Final.

Who qualifies is basically who gets the best result in Manufacturers Round 10 T24 race. Nations Round 10 is almost completely pointless as everyone in that T24 will have already qualified for the Regional Final unless they finish last.

There is no Regional Manufacturers Final. The top representative in each Region of the top 16 Manufacturers makes the World Final.
Plus the best Italian, if they got more points than the best Americas or Asia/Pacific player...
« Players who have performed extraordinary well during Season 1 and/or 2 will have the option to obtain 'Star Player' status by registering their profile details.
So, not during Season 3.
The 'Star Players' are identified by an 'S' Driver Rating, opening the path to the 'Top 24 Superstars' races and the Live Events described below.
So no S, no live events.

It seems pretty clear-cut from the quoted section of rules there - you need an S rank to get to the live events, and you could only get it during Season 1 and/or Season 2.

But... that doesn't mean that's definitely what's going to happen.

Last edited:
Plus the best Italian, if they got more points than the best Americas or Asia/Pacific player...

So, not during Season 3.

So no S, no live events.

It seems pretty clear-cut from the quoted section of rules there - you need an S rank to get to the live events, and you could only get it during Season 1 and/or Season 2.

Ok, so from how I read and understood this, and English is not my First language, i‘d Say that it’s meant that only if one has been able to obtain S Rank is also able to compete in the Top 24 SuperStar races, which obviously means that’s where the BigPoints are, and that’s the only Chance to get into top 30. So I think S rank is important therefore but not necessarily to be eligible to enter the finals. Come on Guys, let me dream on .... :lol:

Ok, so from how I read and understood this, and English is not my First language, i‘d Say that it’s meant that only if one has been able to obtain S Rank is also able to compete in the Top 24 SuperStar races, which obviously means that’s where the BigPoints are, and that’s the only Chance to get into top 30. So I think S rank is important therefore but not necessarily to be eligible to enter the finals. Come on Guys, let me dream on .... :lol:
So then :D keep your fingers crossed for another Slavic to get there :D

Yes indeed, but even if you are not in the the top 30 you still have a big chance to be qualified if you come from a region with few good players like mine (Belgium). Because a lot of people from england or france for example that stand in front of you in the championship are not qualified because already three previeus players are scoren more point from the same region.

Yes indeed, but even if you are not in the the top 30 you still have a big chance to be qualified if you come from a region with few good players like mine (Belgium). Because a lot of people from england or france for example that stand in front of you in the championship are not qualified because already three previeus players are scoren more point from the same region.
Ahaaa, that’s interesting, hmm, although, I know a few more very very fast Germans who just simply don’t bother racing FIA.
But hey it would be one small dream coming true with my 38 years between all those Young Guns. I played GT since back in ’98 when it first came out so I‘d feel like the Granddad there :D

That would be awfull. I also read that the S rating only aplies to the season directly following to the season in which you qualified for the s rating. Sonthis should mean that no one has an s rating anymore after the final season and hence no one cant participate at the regional finals? Why cant PD just privide a customer service for questions pff

So, not during Season 3.

So no S, no live events.

That would be awfull. I also read that the S rating only aplies to the season directly following to the season in which you qualified for the s rating. Sonthis should mean that no one has an s rating anymore after the final season and hence no one cant participate at the regional finals? Why cant PD just privide a customer service for questions pff

I think it will just stay until the 2018 series is finished, or at least until the first live event comes.

I think it will just stay until the 2018 series is finished, or at least until the first live event comes.

Well ok then. I think I will have to accept that I will not be participating even if I am in the top 30. :(

So, not during Season 3.

So no S, no live events.

I got an S rating from season 1 but I went on vacation during season 2 so I was unable to race in season 2.. but having the S rating from season 1 will not be enough I m afraid

Last edited by a moderator:
To be honest the biggest problem you’ve got is not being S now. Whether you can get S at the end of the season is unclear although I suspect not.

The problem you’ve really got is not getting in the the top t24 race in particular round 10 that’s worth x2.5 points, it’s not impossible but it will be so difficult to out score someone in that race.

Back