Question for all thurstmaster t300 and above owners

• Thread starter Hygrade B
  • 12 comments
United Kingdom
Jamaican living in UK
Hygrade-B
Hi

I got the game about a month.

I have a T300 with the F1 add-on wheel PS4.

Does it matter which wheel I use?
The F1 add-on or the t300rs wheel.
The only reason I don't keep changing over is because I do play F1 2019 still.

Does the tp3 pedal make a big difference?
It's it worth purchasing if I don't intend to get the add-on gear box?
I only ask because everyone seems to say it make you driver better.

Hi

the TP3 pros are worth getting if you’re upgrading your pedals. I have mine inverted with a stiff brake mod.

The added gear doesn't make you any better driver although it may give you mental boost for some time.
I could've quite easily continued my driving with the default pedals but because my leftover G27, I connected its pedals to the T300RS. Swapped clutch and brake because of ergonomics, left foot braking and flappy pedal gear change.

If you have the extra cash to buy the T3PA-PRO pedal set then definitely do it. In my opinion it's an absolute must and it will be money very well spent. The T3PA-PRO pedals make the stock pedals that come with your wheel look and feel like junk.

The biggest difference for me was being able to set them up GT style. In other words it feels just like every real car you've probably ever driven...so it just feels so natural especially compared to having them setup like a go cart (stock pedals)

20191004_200025.jpg

I don't use any braking mods either (it comes with them too) I tried the brake mods but didn't like the feel of the pedal but without it I have so much input control depending on how hard or soft I need to use the brakes. Especially when I'm on the gas and brakes together at the same time. This is more personal preference than anything but if your use to driving a real car like this then there is no substitute.

Hi

Hey there

I have T300RS with T3PA pedals (regular, not Pro version)

It is a good pedal set. Build quality is nice, materials are definitely better than on the stock pedals + you get brake mod for free if you feel that brake pedal is too soft for you. Only downside is that the brake pedal is a potentiometer and not a load-cell, but for its money, it is still a worthy purchase

Hey there

I have T300RS with T3PA pedals (regular, not Pro version)

It is a good pedal set. Build quality is nice, materials are definitely better than on the stock pedals + you get brake mod for free if you feel that brake pedal is too soft for you. Only downside is that the brake pedal is a potentiometer and not a load-cell, but for its money, it is still a worthy purchase
You can buy a load cell mod, or adding the rubber cone adds stiffness and makes braking more about muscle memory than pedal position.

Sir, I’d say you should DEFINITELY go for the 3 pedal Setup.
The pedals are the most important part in your Setup in my Opinion.
Especially the brake pedal.
I haven‘t tried the Pro but I had the stock ones and I now have the t3pa set and I say it’s definitely a big improvement...get them you won’t regret it 👍

If you go for a 3 pedal set just make absolutely certain it will work with your seat, i.e. your right foot can easily get to accelerator and brake.

Looks like black Friday has no deals for me so I'll wait & see the price drop .
In fact should I wait until the new PS comes out ...hoping the kit I have now will work with new PS if not ... Not sure what I'll do maybe just keep plays PS4.

The biggest difference I noticed from the stock 2-pedal set and the 3-pedal pro-set was resistance/pressure. The feel is more realistic, but it takes some time to get used to (and the frustrating re-calibrating thats constantly required). I started a thread inquiring about the t3pa pedal adjustments (thread #3302), and received many useful tips and personal mods people have done with the brake pedal. I would read those posts before making a final decision.

The biggest difference I noticed from the stock 2-pedal set and the 3-pedal pro-set was resistance/pressure. The feel is more realistic, but it takes some time to get used to (and the frustrating re-calibrating thats constantly required). I started a thread inquiring about the t3pa pedal adjustments (thread #3302), and received many useful tips and personal mods people have done with the brake pedal. I would read those posts before making a final decision.

I think I will stick with what I have until the good or bad news that PS5 don't accept the kit I have now.

Back