question from the new guy

• Thread starter slo5ohh
  • 30 comments
Hi, im new to this board. I love the GT series, and cant wait till GT4 comes out. My question is, when doing some reashearch on GT4, I came accross this site, and saw GT Concept, what is that? Is it avalible in the US??? Where can I find it??
Thanks for all the help!!

Shawn

It's more or less an add-on to GT3.. uses the same graphics and physics engine as GT3, but contains only a small selection of brand new and/or concept cars.

Unfortunately, I don't think it was available anywhere outside Japan.

Jedi2016
It's more or less an add-on to GT3.. uses the same graphics and physics engine as GT3, but contains only a small selection of brand new and/or concept cars.

I have the PAL version of the game. It's actually a fairly big selection of new cars. 100+ I think. The graphics are slightly better and there's a new track called Autumn Ring from one of the previous GT games. The only way you can get it is to import the game from a Country that has PAL games and get your PS2 chipped. WOOHOO! 100th POST!!!

The GTConcept games are excellent and well worth the purchase. I have the Japanese version and the pal version. Both are excellent but if I remember correctly the Pal version has a LOT more cars than the Japanese version. There are a lot of excellent cars including the Cien and many other cars that never made it into GT3. 👍
Autumn Ring is beautiful and you can actually see the leaves kick up when you drive by them.
Search around and you can find a lot of info and pics.

There is the Japanese equivalent to the PAL Concept. They are both called GT Concept Tokyo-Geneva. I have yet to try out the Japanese version. I played the PAL one ages ago.

RogsR34UK
There is the Japanese equivalent to the PAL Concept. They are both called GT Concept Tokyo-Geneva. I have yet to try out the Japanese version. I played the PAL one ages ago.
CORRECTION:
They are NOT both called geneva.
2001 Tokyo COLLECTION
2002 Tokyo GENEVA
2 different games and the GENEVA is better with quite a few more cars. 👍

I have the PAL 2002 Tokyo-Geneva and also the NTSC/J 2002 Tokyo-Geneva. I am hoping that the F1 cars are still complete in the Japanese 2002 Tokyo-Geneva. I also have the 2001 Tokyo. I can scan the covers if you like.

RogsR34UK
I have the PAL 2002 Tokyo-Geneva and also the NTSC/J 2002 Tokyo-Geneva. I am hoping that the F1 cars are still complete in the Japanese 2002 Tokyo-Geneva. I also have the 2001 Tokyo. I can scan the covers if you like.
So your saying the NTSC/J 2002 Tokyo-Geneva is the japanese version? I am getting confused. Yes could you scan the covers? That has me wondering which version I have now. :dunce: Since one of mine is a backup copy and the other is the original, I will have to check again. I remember 1 of them is the 2001 Tokyo Collection and the other one is 2002 Tokyo Geneva.
edit: Deleted pic since he will be posting his scanned copies tonight.

I'll scan the versions of Concept. I have yet to play the Japanese Tokyo-Geneva as it only arrived last week (a purchase from the American ebay and shipped from Hong Kong) also the Asian PS2 didn't arrive until Friday at which point GT4 beckoned!!! The NTSC/J has a different cover (shpwing a Ford GT) to the PAL version and also different to the 2001 Tokyo version.

RogsR34UK
I'll scan the versions of Concept. I have yet to play the Japanese Tokyo-Geneva as it only arrived last week (a purchase from the American ebay and shipped from Hong Kong) also the Asian PS2 didn't arrive until Friday at which point GT4 beckoned!!! The NTSC/J has a different cover (shpwing a Ford GT) to the PAL version and also different to the 2001 Tokyo version.
Wow you have 4 of them? You must be a hardcore collector? I will be looking forward to the scans. 👍 I didnt realize there were that many different 2002 copies available. :scared:
I will delete my pic since you will post yours later tonight.

Sorry, just the three versions of 2002 plus the 2001 version (I have the Best of version of that).

Couldn't find the PAL version last night (I was out for some of the evening which didn't help). I will have another try tonight.

Well I still haven't found my PAL version. I have found links on eBay and Play Asia to the three games so you can see the differences in the covers. I am not entirely convinced by the description for Tokyo Seoul as there are not 120 cars in there. It is more like the original Concept 2001 Tokyo with some Korean machinery added.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=8158423633&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=11323&item=8163784584&rd=1

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-41-77-g-15-gran+turismo-70-5ln.html#

You get a slightly bigger image clicking on the Tokyo-Seoul box-art

Jedi2016

Australia gets it, I own it.

I just got the PAL version from an auction on Ebay. The seller said it would work on a US PS2. Well....it doesn't. :grumpy: So, I can play this on a modded PS2?

I am going to send it back to the seller and get my money back.

How difficult is it to mod the PS2? I''ve seen it done on an Xbox, but never a PS2. How much would I be sinking into it to mod it?

Thanks for the answers in advance.

I am not sure if the PAL version will work with Swap Magic (one alternative). The Japanese version would not work with it on my PAL PS2. It may work OK with the latest version (V3.3). I also fitted the flip top conversion (there is a new top for the PS2 which has a door in it to allow you to swap disks when the Swap Magic asks).

The other alternative is a modchip.

Either way, even if the game palys then there is no guarantee you will have a compatible TV. A modern TV ought to be OK. In the UK TV's that are compatible with games from other regions have been around for a number of years.

RogsR34UK
The colour thing is more likely down to the TV though.
Yes you are correct. It really depends 100% on the TV. I tried it on a couple different tvs that I own and its Black and white but it still plays. No matter what he would need a swap disk or modded ps2. But I would recommend the swap disk since its soo cheap and soo easy.

I would not chip a PS2. I have V3.0 Swap Magic. For GT4 I have a shiny new Asian Slimline. I seem to have misplaced my PAL Concept 2002. Must try to find it!

RogsR34UK
Well I still haven't found my PAL version. I have found links on eBay and Play Asia to the three games so you can see the differences in the covers. I am not entirely convinced by the description for Tokyo Seoul as there are not 120 cars in there. It is more like the original Concept 2001 Tokyo with some Korean machinery added.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=8158423633&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT

You get a slightly bigger image clicking on the Tokyo-Seoul box-art
Hey Rogs, That's the same (((etrade))) guy I Bought my GT Concept 2002 from, I paid $39.99 + Shipping though! You got a much better deal!

((((((Did You Hybrid it yet?))))))

I have only started it up so far to make sure it got that far. I haven't actually done anything with it. Must try to find my Xport, then maybe I can see what is there... such as complete F1 cars... I hope!!

No, Sorry! I saw one on the net somewhere, It had all Golds and that's it, You can use your Pal save and convert it easily to NTSC/J!!!

Could you resend that please. I may have deleted it as there wasn't a subject or I missed it(I get way too much spam)

Back