Questions about the car change

• Thread starter viperpilot
  • 37 comments
i searched, but couldn't find what i'm looking for. if i missed a thread with my request, feel free to lock my thread, thanks.

i have two questions concerning the car-change:
1. if i change my car, has the new car the same tuning-level as the old?
2. if i change my car, do i keep my old, or is it replaced through the new one, and therefore gone?

thanks viper

1. No, you start afresh with each new car you use.

2. Your old car will keep any tuning level you acheved before

I hope this helps.

viperpilot
thanks, and my old car will then be in the garage? or only available under the "change car"-option?

viper

It's been a while since i've played Enthusia, and i've not got too far in it myself, but i think you have go back to the change car section.

thanks,....i have Enthusia now for 2 days. good info!!

thanks viper

EDIT: sorry for the double post, my internet connection broke down.......

viperpilot
i searched, but couldn't find what i'm looking for. if i missed a thread with my request, feel free to lock my thread, thanks.

i have two questions concerning the car-change:
1. if i change my car, has the new car the same tuning-level as the old?
2. if i change my car, do i keep my old, or is it replaced through the new one, and therefore gone?

thanks viper

In Enthusia you don't have a "garage", at least not in the way the GT games have. You just unlock cars.

However, If you're talking about "Enthusia Life" mode (EL), somehow it gets close to the "garage" concept, because the cars you unlock, than use, than (by the use you give them) upgrade their tuning level, keep the tuning level you got even if you change to another one. So, if, later in your career, you get back to that car, you don't have to level it up again.

That also means that any car you haven't yet used is at tuning level 1.

PS - You can check the tuning level of the cars in the selection screen.

i started with the Nissan BlueBird 1600 Coupe, and have it now @ Level 10. pretty nice car.......thanks for your help guys.
but i have a new question: if i switch to a car with ESP and TCS, can i turn it of? I tend to take the Audi A8 4,2 for my new car, but in the test-drive the driving-aids make it boring to drive.

thanks viper

MINICOOPER120
As far as I know, you can turn driving aids on and off in the options menu. :)

Yup -- I turned them off before I even did a single race, and I haven't had to deal with them anywhere except for DR.

oh.........thanks guys. totally forgot about that option. i took the A8, and fiddeled a bit with the LSD, and locked the rear nearly completely and "opened" the front, and i got a slight oversteering character although i have ESP and TCS on *gg* it's a really nice and fast car!! thanks again.....

viper

i have another question concerning the car-change, hope you can help me like last time..... why does my position gets worse after a car-change, but after some cars it stays like the position with the old one??

thanks viper

viperpilot
it's a bit confusing, but i think i got it,.......hopefully! so there is no difference if i change into a lvl 10 or a lvl1 car??

viper
Yeah, the point system is a bit weird, but basically, changing a car doesn't directly change your ranking.

Besides, all you have to do to improve your ranking (if it goes down) is race. That's a win-win situation :)

kylehnat
Besides, all you have to do to improve your ranking (if it goes down) is race. That's a win-win situation :)

...unless you lose. Then it's a lose-lose situation. :lol:

Anyway, viperpilot, there's no difference in switching to a car with a lower tuning level. You just need to make sure that you don't switch cars more than 3 times per 12 weeks, or you'll go down in the rankings. :)

oh.........that could be the point, don't switch cars more than 3 times per 12 weeks!! but sometimes i gain some places even if i get 2nd or so at a race.....that system really confuses me!!

viper

Wolfe2x7
...unless you lose. Then it's a lose-lose situation. :lol:

Not exactly. As viperpilot mentioned, you can get more points from a second place than from a win, if you pick the underdog and drive it well.

I know all this sounds confusing, but I must say that the ranking system of EPR, with all its complexity, (odds, 9 best out of last 12, etc.) is a strong "pro", not a "con", of this game.

jip, i think you're right, it's good for the gameplay, but not good for people who want to understand it *gg* i made a lot of points with my stock EVO VII GSR, but now it's on lvl10 and i don't get as much points as before, maybe i should switch to another car??

viper

Hun200kmh
Not exactly. As viperpilot mentioned, you can get more points from a second place than from a win, if you pick the underdog and drive it well.

Second place isn't exactly what I had in mind when I said "lose." ;) More like....sixth place. :P

viperpilot
i made a lot of points with my stock EVO VII GSR, but now it's on lvl10 and i don't get as much points as before, maybe i should switch to another car??

Yup, that's why they designed the points system the way it is -- to "force" you to try out a bunch of different cars throughout your Enthusia Life career. :)

oh, now it's clear.........thanks guys, you're supporting really great help here!

i think i'll switch to the Ruf CTR..........is not easy to drive, but nice sound and fast *gg*

viper

viperpilot
i think i'll switch to the Ruf CTR..........is not easy to drive, but nice sound and fast *gg*

viper

I don't think the RUF will be a great choice to go up the ranks ... you'll get low odds and with such a difficult car to drive (well), it isn't guaranteed that your races will be easier.

i've driven a 2-lap-race on Löwenseering, and won. i went up the ranks for one place, but it wasn't a clean race, i need more practise with the RR-layout!

any recommendations for cars??

viper

viperpilot
i've driven a 2-lap-race on Löwenseering, and won. i went up the ranks for one place, but it wasn't a clean race, i need more practise with the RR-layout!

any recommendations for cars??

viper

Just two of my favourite "point eaters" ... the Golf VR6 and the litle Alfa Romeo. However, they are not KotY race winners, so if you want to beat this game, get a "beat'em all" car to level 10 so you switch to it when this race happens (last week of each game year).

Or you can try the old M3. It'll get you enough points to enter the KotY race, and it is a car capable of winning that race.

you're talking about the Golf R32 aren't you?? i know i'm gonna hurt Wolf, but i don't really like the old M3.......sorry. maybe i'll try a car with less power than the CTR.

viper

viperpilot
i know i'm gonna hurt Wolf, but i don't really like the old M3.......sorry.

Don't worry about it. I can take it. :lol: :) I was just about to make that suggestion, too, until I read that. :sly:

In any case, I highly recommend going into the search engine and only listing Class C. Cars from that class are likely to fit the profile that Hun200kmh mentioned -- they earn plenty of ranking points and some of them are also capable of winning the KotY race.

Anything that's about as fast or faster than the E30 M3 should do the trick. As Hun200kmh mentioned, it's capable of winning the KotY race, and I did just that in my game.

I would recommend the Legacy B4 RSK, CL55 AMG, Camaro Z28, Soarer 2.5GT-TwinTurbo, TT Coupe 3.2 Quattro Sline, Z4 3.0i, Silvia K's Aero, Integra Type-R, GTI, or Elise 111S.

It's pretty tough with the Type R 'Teg. I did it, but you have to do a ton of bumper blocking to force the other cars to stay behind you (ie, get in front of them whenever they try to pass so they ram your rear bumper)...

I was seriously wishing I'd brought a B-class car by the end.

Back