R/C car thread!

Discussion in 'The Rumble Strip' started by Skid Mark 33, Nov 4, 2007.

1. Skid Mark 33

Skid Mark 33

Do you have an R/C car. If you do, how about film yourself driving it. If you want, attach a camera to the car, but secure it firmly though, or you know what will happen. I will post one up once I've recharged my car and persuaded my sister to let me borrow her phone! :lol:

2. Philly

Philly Premium

I think this should go in the hobbies area.

Anyway, I was into R/C cars for a while. I had a truck for a while and had a lot of fun driving it around. Too bad I was in like 6th grade and crashed it into everything I saw and repairs got very expensive so I had to sell.

I've been wanting to get back into it for a while but I don't want to pay the money for a decent car/truck.

3. Joey D

Joey D Contributing Writer

This probably should go in the hobby forum. (tree'd)

I have a TA-04R from Tamiya with a Corvette Z06 body on it. I have more money then I would probably like into the thing, most of the parts are carbon fibre or titanium. It's insanely quick for an electric car though and I used to some some amateur racing with it a couple years back. There are some pictures of it around here somewhere nut uh here:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And yes the body is brown.

4. daan

daan Moderator

Moved to the hobbies forum

5. bennyrrr

bennyrrr

Im selling my Jammin CRT with TM 928. Im getting outta rc

6. exigeracer

exigeracer

Used to have a 1/10 touring car maybe 6 or 7 years ago. It was a Yokomo MR4-TC Barry Baker edition (chassis numbered 46/50 I think). Full graphite and anodized aluminum everything. I ran a 13T Triple Speed Gems motor, 3000mAh Trinity cels, don't remember anything else. Good for 35mph. I spanked all the TA-04s in the parking lot meets, but couldn't really hold up to the pan car guys.

God I can't believe I remember any of that. To be 13 again.

Thanks for making me jog the memory though!

7. Skid Mark 33

Skid Mark 33

Cool. I've got an R/C Toyota Supra, an R/C Subaru Impreza Rally Car, and craptastic R/C F1 Car!

8. nitrorustler41

nitrorustler41

hey hey time for some good stuff these are my older pics i now have new shock towers and bulkheads made from aluminum. will get up pics soon.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. TopHat

TopHat

I have a few R/C cars, a Mercedes Benz SL500, with a working retractable roof, its fast, and it looks cool. :D:tup:. I also have a Saleen S7, a pitiful thing. :indiff:

10. Neon_SRT

Neon_SRT

I have a Traxxas Bandit. Theres a Velineon Brushless system in it and with a 7 cell battery, I got it to go 50mph. Once I get more $$$ I'm shooting for 70mph+. Picture

I also have a HPI Super Nitro. I haven't got it to run but here is a picture of it.

11. mertz

mertz

here's mine all up more than $2,000 aud
    mini-t, mamba 6800, cf chassis, all alum except shock towers
    hyper 7
    spektrum DX2.0
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. Risei

Risei

I got one of those mechanno rc thingys :) I know they dont sound great, but im trying to get into drifting with it. At least it is faster than most cars of its league i see, plus i build the body anyway i like!

13. Slicks

Slicks Premium

I've got an old Terra Crusher laying in bits, packed into a box somewhere.

I've been meaning to fix it up and get it running again...

14. Tangled Web

Tangled Web

Heres a shot of my RC Drift Car, it has been slightly edited in PS. :D

[​IMG]

:tup:

15. zachccccc

zachccccc

your cars are so small ! lol i have a Hpi Savage X huge diplace ment ( huge crashes XD ) can you solve this equation for me

20 foot drop+40mph+and idiot driver ( me ) = 100$ worht of damage !!! lol sorry i did teh equaiton for you but my dad was pissed when i brought home 2 suspention arms snapped in half and a busted differnetial and skid plate lol ( good thing he likes fixing them as much as i do )

16. Venom800tt

Venom800tt

My 1/8 scale Ofna Ultra GTP is in parts under my bed while my 1/28 scale Kyosho Mini Z Ferrari 360 Modena has tons of battle scars, but still is in running condition.

Password-protected image links removed by moderator

The Ofna need about $100 worth in parts to become 100% while the MiniZ need about $15 worth in crap.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2011
  17. Boz Mon

Boz Mon

Heh, I have an HPI RS-4 rally with a yellow mitsubishi lancer evo body on it, red wheels. Its fast, old, 4 wheel drive, and fun. Maybe I'll snap a pic later. I also have a kyosho mini z with a ferrari enzo body, and an r/c boat thats about 2 1/2 to 3 feet long.

18. GTP_JASE72

GTP_JASE72

Anyone know were I can get a body shell to fit a Kyosho superlandmax 2 ?

19. sony_gamer

sony_gamer

here's the kinda rc i do here in southern califronia
    [​IMG]
    thats my car on the right (350z)
    [​IMG]
    thats usually how many ppl show up to these events. and the crowd is still growing

it's a 1/10 scale drift comp with judges and everything

for more info check out www.rcdriftclub.com

20. guitardude999

guitardude999

Always wanted to go to wana those RC events lol

Ive got a HPI RS4 EVO 3. But its new and still pretty stock,

i just sold my HPI savage truck which was fully modded and sound sweeeeeeeet ! :D

21. nitrorustler41

nitrorustler41

blew my diff.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

22. Venom800tt

Venom800tt

Well I have about $70 worth in parts coming for my 1/8 Ofna Ultra GTP...
    2 diff bevel gears
    throttle servo
    rear diff case
    one-way bearing
    brake pads

I also ordered a set of ball bearings for my Kyosho MiniZ...

23. EskimoGangsta

EskimoGangsta

Hey Everyone ... Im New An Just Wanted To Get Pointed In The Right Direction On What To Do ... And i Also Have A 10th Scale Tc3 ... Yes The Old Heavy Tc3 ... I Usally Stick In The B Mains With It Out Of A, B, C, D, And E Though :) ... I Run The 19t Rubber Class, Once I Ran Mod ... But My Car Was No More ... 1 Mistake ... And A 10t With Foam Tires Is Not Forgiving When You Hit A Board Lol

Moderation:
    Please don't post using all Caps.

24. killer450235

killer450235 (Banned)

I want to get really into rc cars but all the stuff is to confusing for me so I only have "fake rcs"
    A Nikko Saleen S7 and a big battery eating Benz RC
    Both take 4hours to charge and only run for about 30mins:yuck:

25. ccxftw

ccxftw

I've got quite a bit of RC stuff but my main interest at the moment are Touring Cars. I've got a HPI Pro4 and have it set up for Stock class.These pics are with old electronics (and show tires lol). I've got SpeedPassion GT ESC and Novak 17.5 Brushless motor now.

[​IMG]

Killer, what are you interested in running? I'd recommend TC if you are interested in tweaking and tuning. A new class called WGT that uses 1/10th Scale 200mm Pan Cars is on the rise also. Feel free to ask me anything.

26. Joey D

That's pretty much how it works. It takes a while for my batteries to charge and I get maybe a good 10 minutes out of them before I need to replace em. That's why I have 4 different batteries for when I go to the track, granted there is a lot of down time with it.

27. killer450235

killer450235 (Banned)

I was hoping to get a nitro r/c just for that reason.

28. Joey D

If you've only ever had basic R/C cars I would jump into nitro, they require far more knowledge then the electric ones. Plus electric ones are much easier to run and maintain, cheaper too. I have a Tamiya TA-04R chassis with pretty much everything I could convert out of carbon fibre. I have a 14 double turn motor in it right now but the gearing isn't right so it's a handful to drive, when I get time to mess around with it I will.

Go to a hobby shop and just ask questions, most of those guys know what's going on. I would get an electric though from Tamiya, HPI, or Associated. All are good companies and make reasonably priced kits. Building them isn't all that hard either. I think I assembled mine in a couple of hours and that was with instructions in Japanese.

29. Andre6289

Andre6289

Here's a couple pix of my HPI E10 (drift setup).
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

30. TwinTurbos94

TwinTurbos94

I have a 2.5 Traxxas T-Maxx. I also just started working at a hobby shop just down the street from my house. IT's a blast!