r390.camber help

• Thread starter gtsr
  • 6 comments
i have searched on this but still having a problem with the camber settings.i cant get more than 28 laps on the twin ring.iam pitting 3 times in the 100 lap race and this is putting me behind.iam lucky if i finish the race in 3rd or 4th.ive only used this car on the twin ring.the car does a lap in 30 secs so i think ive done something wright with it.the car is fully modded out with everything.can someone please help with this.thanks. :grumpy:

28 laps seems pretty good to me. What are your camber settings, what kind of tires are you using, and which end is wearing out first?

Also, please put a space or two after typing the period at the end of each sentence. It really helps make it readable.

Duke
28 laps seems pretty good to me. What are your camber settings, what kind of tires are you using, and which end is wearing out first?

Also, please put a space or two after typing the period at the end of each sentence. It really helps make it readable.
hi. iam using rsh tires back and front.camber is front.2.9..rear 1.8..is this setting correct.

gtsr
hi. iam using rsh tires back and front.camber is front.2.9..rear 1.8..is this setting correct.
can someone please help me out on this. i was getting 28 laps on the small twin ring now iam getting 25 before a tire change. the tires are wearing on the back of the car quicker. i have managed to win 3 races on the 100 lap enduro race. any help would be great. thanks in advance.

Sounds like a reasonable amount of laps before pitting and a reasonable camber setting. You aren't using any toe-in or out, are you? That can increase tire wear quite a bit. If one pair of tires is wearing out before the other, you can fit different tires on the front or back. You said you are using super-hards all around. Try using hards in front. Camber doesn't really change the tire wear all that much, but driving differently can. Watch your B-Spec fellow drive sometime, mine can make his tires last half again as long as I can. On the other hand, I drive a lot faster than he does. Remember, if you can hear them squealing, they are wearing down faster than if you can't hear them.

full_wick
Sounds like a reasonable amount of laps before pitting and a reasonable camber setting. You aren't using any toe-in or out, are you? That can increase tire wear quite a bit. If one pair of tires is wearing out before the other, you can fit different tires on the front or back. You said you are using super-hards all around. Try using hards in front. Camber doesn't really change the tire wear all that much, but driving differently can. Watch your B-Spec fellow drive sometime, mine can make his tires last half again as long as I can. On the other hand, I drive a lot faster than he does. Remember, if you can hear them squealing, they are wearing down faster than if you can't hear them.
cheers full-wick.i will give what you said a try.let you know...

Hey GTSR, why don't you post your settings to give everyone a better idea of what you have and what you need. Tweaking a car to maximize speed and tweaking to maximize tire wear are two different things. Can you say cake and eat it to? :)

Back