[RACE] NR2003: GTPlanet Fantasy Series - Season 2 - Checkered Flag

So I downloaded the Honda Accord template from the AD site, and I don't know if anyone's noticed, but the rear tail lights are that from a Honda Civic :lol:

I'll add one thing to the stretching argument, that anti-aliasing makes a big difference. With it off, it can make the lines look sharper at that size, but with technology where it is today stretching or squashing it at all will result in the computer compensating, and blurring those edges. With it on you already have a slight transition, so a resize won't be as noticeable.

My reasoning for no is this:
1) It took a calendar year to get through 30 races. We will likely not be starting the "2015" season until October. You might as well call it 2016. How would you be able to condense the 40 races from being a ridiculous prospect with life and all that stuff going on as well.
2) NASCAR has never had a calendar beyond 36 points paying events. Unless you're going with the VRR method of deadline dates for race uploads (which I'll explain in it's correct thread), unnecessary expansion will lead to unnecessary contraction.
3) 40 race seasons is too long to keep an audience captive. People started to fade after 15 races. Granted, the hardcore people like me would love a long season, you risk running the season stale and the season will simply be forgotten asides from very special high notes.
4) Your personal plate. You have commentating for this which is an obvious priority, as well as commentating 28 full length VRR IndyCar events on your list. 4 more seems small, but part of your fame comes from being easy to overload, which those four may do.

It's not going to go any lower than 36, that much I know.

So far the open poll is 7-4; "No". (Updating Live)

I am not counting mis-interpreted directions, nor any vote here. The poll results will have an influence on my overall decision.

Last edited:
Logo Released for Round 2:
Round 2.png

I like the real Duels one. Daytona 400 and the Shootout look fine. The Duels one looks like a confused and really lazy artist typed over the Gatorade logo hoping it'd make it to the executives before deadline.

Daytona 400 logo would be great if the number font matched the font of "Daytona International Speedway", the angular numbers don't match the rounded words

About the season, I'd say stick with the current 36 for the reasons others have stated.

Hell, I'd even support a cut to 30-32 races if it means the season can be progressed in a reasonable time frame, rather than a full year.

Back