[RACE] NR2003: GTPlanet Fantasy Series - Season 2 - Checkered Flag

My goodness, my goodness... Look what we have here...

Season 3 may be moving to this, should the mod follow through totally:
upload_2017-2-11_17-38-14.png

No time for descriptions rn because this is suuuper late, sorry guys.

HEAT ONE (Top 12 transfer):
@samurai8juice #77
@Formidable #26
@RACECAR #32
@Silver Wing #37
@Niku Driver HC #76
@AudiMan2011 #43
@GranTurismo916 #60
@Tired iron #53
@Harsk100 #0
@Eva #7
@PinkKitty13 #67
@Ph1sher #39
@The Bman #25
@DCybertron #31
@goofytyler #19
@swiftsmith #50
@KuniKino****a #00
@Gerarghini #30
@Michelin #99
@nascarfan1400 #80
@DurWinning #20
@Clayton Hardy #33
@rcb929 #12

HEAT TWO (Top 12 Transfer):
@SVX #8
@Dustone #88
@Suzumiya #4
@amaterasu #84
@tbwhhs #2
@CSMDuty11 #34
@Whitetail #9
@vetteman24 #15
@Carbonox #74
@raven214 #97
@BKGlover #79
@Davis #46
@Doodle #21
@ScuderiaLucas #1
@Furinkazen #54
@RESHIRAM5 #05
@Sakura #3
@JockeP22 #69
@Smurfybug #5
@Jordan #10
@Akmuq #51
@GTRacer22 #22
@Skython #11
@quietgirl #87

No time for fancy titles either, this one is short and sweet, not to mention straight to the point... :lol:

But yes, this brings back memories for me. Back when I first raced in GTPFS, we didn't have fancy dirt textures like these "youngins'"... Just a car and the will to win #deepthoughts :P :lol:
Also, @Suzumiya's windshield banner isn't updated with his current GTP name, I don't know if that was intended or not, but I felt that should be pointed out.

Carbonox's debut appearance of the season was already shrouded in controversy before the driving even began, due to allegations of him drinking a rival soft drink company's product on track. Obviously the racing didn't go much better either, but thanks to persuasive journalism, he at least had something to say after the second heat - and by extension his weekend - was over.

"I was just praying for a yellow all race long in true Danica Patrick style, but just like in my GT5 NASCAR days, that would be futile. Sure, someone from Finland probably shouldn't need yellows to make the top 12 on a dirt track, but the car was basically all over the place and getting crap runs out of the corners. At least I wasn't lapped, which feels like a miracle now I think about it. As for when my next appearance will be, I'd like to know as well. For now, I suppose I'll be back to watching trashy programs and consuming potato chips and Mountain Dew."

Winning the first heat may not have counted but it's still a race win in my books god damnit!
Main event sucked for the 43 as is how my luck usually goes.

Time to get dirty! That was a cool race at Eldora. Glad to see the series get back underway with another fine event. That was fun to watch.

The Hot Wheels Team TRD Toyota had an incredibly solid result there at the end with a fantastic run in both the heat and main events, with a 3rd and 9th finishing off the weekend at the wild Eldora

No time for descriptions rn because this is suuuper late, sorry guys.

HEAT ONE (Top 12 transfer):
@samurai8juice #77
@Formidable #26
@RACECAR #32
@Silver Wing #37
@Niku Driver HC #76
@AudiMan2011 #43
@GranTurismo916 #60
@Tired iron #53
@Harsk100 #0
@Eva #7
@PinkKitty13 #67
@Ph1sher #39
@The Bman #25
@DCybertron #31
@goofytyler #19
@swiftsmith #50
@KuniKino****a #00
@Gerarghini #30
@Michelin #99
@nascarfan1400 #80
@DurWinning #20
@Clayton Hardy #33
@rcb929 #12

HEAT TWO (Top 12 Transfer):
@SVX #8
@Dustone #88
@Suzumiya #4
@amaterasu #84
@tbwhhs #2
@CSMDuty11 #34
@Whitetail #9
@vetteman24 #15
@Carbonox #74
@raven214 #97
@BKGlover #79
@Davis #46
@Doodle #21
@ScuderiaLucas #1
@Furinkazen #54
@RESHIRAM5 #05
@Sakura #3
@JockeP22 #69
@Smurfybug #5
@Jordan #10
@Akmuq #51
@GTRacer22 #22
@Skython #11
@quietgirl #87

First, I'm now able to start watching.

Second, I'll get points done ASAP.

Third, why isn't DCybertron's name linked **goes back two pages to find post**

.....🤬. @nascarfan1400 DC is no more, he's now @Aesthetics for some reason.

Reporter: Congrats on your win Vetteman! How do you feel?

Vetteman24
: Thank You! Normally I'm not one for talking but I am so happy and feel extremely lucky that we ended up in victory lane! Eldora is a such special place for race fans and drivers alike allowing us to go back to our roots with the Friday nights spent at the local dirt track and to win here is probably one of the best wins Ive had. But I would like to thank the Audi Sport Team America crew and Under Armour for allowing me to have fun every race weekend.

Reporter: Tell us about the winning move!

Vetteman24: Well I will say I got extremely lucky with the pass there. All I saw was a car peel off into pit and then everyone slow down trying not to run into each other and I got behind the #31 i think and we got a good run into 1 and 2 and after that it was smooth sailing up until I ran into Kuni, and that was me letting my emotion take control and I'm glad that it didn't end badly for her race but Im so happy for my crew and everyone on this team!

Reporter: Congrats and Thank You

Vetteman24: No problem!

This is probably gonna come across a petty, but regardless...

Darlington shouldn't be too far off, I told myself I was gonna make extra cars in case some people who didn't have an idea wanted to join in but I've hit a wall (big 🤬 surprise) and aside from the Fleetwood car I've not made any more progress on the two I planned. To I even need to keep going? Has everyone wanting to get in on it done so? Because being blanked on these has really got me irritated...Yes, it is different from normal.

After 48 races of trying and 48 races of failing Swift Autosport finally gets it done. Big thanks going to @Smurfybug and the #5 Oops! All Berries team for bringing the first win back to Swift Autosport.

One week after the #5 teams spectacular win. Swift Autosport finds themselves plagued with car troubles. Smurfybug would retire very early in the race while the rest of the Swift Autosport team would find themselves fighting their cars all day long for a highest finish of 15th from the #39 TURTLE Racing League car.

With the #50 starting the day off with engine troubles the day could only get better from there. Although it wasn't another win Swift Autosport had the 3 remaining cars managed to finish the race with hardly any trouble except for the #39 having a bad pit stop at the end and having to restart at the back. Swift Autosports race ended with the #5 team being the highest finisher.

During the week before the teams got to Eldora, Seth Smith met with Ford executives about the current engine troubles that have plagued the team the last 2 weeks. Mr. Smith and Ford executives talked for what seemed like a solid 3 hours and came to the agreement that if Ford's engine proceeds to plague the team with problem Swift Autosport is welcome to opt out of their current manufacturers contract which currently still has another season on it. We will do our best to keep you updated on the situation.

Swiftsmith starting 18th and Phisher starting 20th would represent Swift Autosport in heat 1. Swiftsmith finishes 17th and after being involved in a wreck Phisher would finish 19th 1-Lap down. Both drivers going to the B-Main.

Tbwhhs starting 4th and Smurfybug starting 21st would represent Swift Autosport in heat 2. Tbwhhs is the first Swift Autosport car to transfer finishing 4th in heat 2 while teammate Smurfybug finishes 17th.

Smurfybug starting 1st, Phisher starting 7th, and Swiftsmith starting 18th are the 3 drivers from the Swift Autosport team that are forced to fight there way into the A-Main. Swiftsmith would make it through to the A-Main with a 3rd place finish. While Smurfybug had car troubles after a late race accident. Phisher however managed to get an 11th place finish.

Tbwhhs starting 13th, and Swiftsmith starting 26th would be the only drivers to represent Swift Autosport in the main event at Eldora. After fighting from the back of the B-Main to transfer Swiftsmith would find himself coming from the back to the front to finish 7th his best finish yet on a short track of any kind. While teammate Tbwhhs finishes just outside the top 10 with an 11th place finish.

Feels good to be caught up with the series.

Sorry to say it, but Montreal had to be scrapped. After hours of trying to fix it, and even seeing a glimmer of hope, it unfortunately cannot produce more racing than crashing... That does mean, however, that we get to see another wildcard entry at some point in the near future, but for now, we move to Indy, where we shall see someone's dreams of winning on the legendary 2.5 Mile oval come true.

Tags
@samurai8juice #77
@Formidable #26
@RACECAR #32
@Silver Wing #37
@Niku Driver HC #76
@AudiMan2011 #43
@GranTurismo916 #60
@Tired iron #53
@Harsk100 #0
@Eva #7
@PinkKitty13 #67
@Ph1sher #39
@The Bman #25
@DCybertron #31
@goofytyler #19
@swiftsmith #50
@KuniKino****a #00
@Gerarghini #30
@Michelin #99
@nascarfan1400 #80
@DurWinning #20
@Clayton Hardy #33
@rcb929 #12
@SVX #8
@Dustone #88
@Suzumiya #4
@amaterasu #84
@tbwhhs #2
@CSMDuty11 #34
@Whitetail #9
@vetteman24 #15
@Carbonox #74
@raven214 #97
@BKGlover #79
@Davis #46
@Doodle #21
@ScuderiaLucas #1
@Furinkazen #54
@RESHIRAM5 #05
@Sakura #3
@JockeP22 #69
@Smurfybug #5
@Jordan #10
@Akmuq #51
@GTRacer22 #22
@Skython #11
@quietgirl #87

Napa joins TTC for one-off despite unexpected change
#32 Napa Toyota.png

On Friday prior to the race, TTC CO-Owner RACECAR and Napa unveiled this year's paint scheme to a packed press conference. Originally the paint scheme was set to run at Montreal as was the case last year but due to unforeseen issues, the race it'll now run is at the remaining Canadian Venue, Canadian Tire Motorsports Park. "Its wonderful for Napa to be back on the car once again. We had a lot of fun with the Canadian fans last year and while the venue is unexpectedly different this time around, we're still looking forward to it"

1st: @amaterasu - 229
2nd: @RESHIRAM5 - 222
3rd: @Smurfybug - 220
4th: @Clayton Hardy - 218
5th: @Ph1sher - 218
6th: @Davis - 216
7th: @AudiMan2011 - 215
8th: @rcb929 - 213
9th: @JockeP22 -212
10th: @vetteman24 - 210
11th: @Jordan - 204
12th: @SVX - 201
13th: @GTRacer22 - 199
14th: @KuniKino****a - 191
15th: @PinkKitty13 - 188
16th: @tbwhhs - 179
17th: @Akmuq - 177
18th: @Skython - 123

I actually watched the race last night.

Yeah...third...woo.

I go ballistic when I get screwed over, so not only have I made myself open to firm backhand from...everyone, really, but today I was the BS. I don't want to race that way, I'm just 🤬 stupid and 🤬 it all up all the time. Even if Lucas did brake check, I still could have backed out more. I expect retaliation alt any time.

@ScuderiaLucas

Untitled.png

Back