[RACE] NR2003: GTPlanet Fantasy Series - Season 2 - Checkered Flag

"Race was going well for us. We qualified good and had a strong car, we weren't as strong as the 10 but we definitely had a top 5 car. Came out the pits as far to the left as possible and we just got swiped by the 39. Tried to make up what we could but then we get clipped by the 99 on pit exit. Really disappointing for us and the Sony crew as we could've had a great finish with our teammates in the 31 and 30, but we just keep trying to dig"

RACE TV - We are here with RESHIRAM5 who while qualifying horribly...

RESHIRAM5 - Isn't starting in the late 30s and 40s not obvious?

RACE TV - Yeah... he came back with a 29th position, how did you feel about your performance

RESHIRAM5 - Well, it felt the same as before in the previous road coarse we did, horrible qualifying, not many chances to past, got a massive Heart Attack from the dive @Niku Driver HC did which led to a crash right in fun with me but in the end, I leaped into 29th (I swear I came 29th before), so I'm not too upset about all that however...

RACE TV - ...however what?

RESHIRAM5 - These organizers are getting on the teams and my nerves, who is running their operation? It's like they're out to get me. First it was Paris where everyone was lost in positions and randomly muddled up, then hardle any Safety car cautions were called at all during Talladega and now I had to get shoved to near over lapping position for Sonoma, glad there was a second one after that to catch up but that was so ridiculous

RACE TV - I see well, thank you for your time

RESHIRAM5 - No problem, I probably just need some good ol' dirt racing to cool me down.

Water Pump.png

#ARCAbrains.png

It would appear road courses are the bane of my existence this season.

@nascarfan1400 have I lost my mind, or were the road courses in S1 less conga lines, more back and forth? I may be wrong, but I could have sworn it was.

Untitled.png

@Suzumiya not only retook the points lead, and held it this week, but also has the most top 10s with 7 now. No one else has 6. He ALSO has the best finishing average at 13.214, and up to this week I was right with him. After this week, he's almost 3 ahead of me (16), and I'm a bit over one to the next in line @quietgirl (17.286).

Suzumiya, @DurWinning, and @DCybertron are tied for top 5s with 4. 5 more have 3, but 6 drivers have none.

@amaterasu and @nascarfan1400 are the only repeat winners thus far.

Every driver entered has a stat line, some are rather odd:
@raven214 doesn't have a top 10 yet (best of 15th at the Glen), the only driver without one including Jahgee, but he does have a pole.

DurWinning has 4 top 5s, but only 4 top 10s. A 5th, a 4th, and two 3rds for the TKU leader, with everything else 13th or lower. @Smurfybug also can claim this, but his win make his line 1-3-3 on the season.

We have had 12 different race winners in 14 weeks, which kills the NASCAR IRL "Win and You're In" idea, but we've also had 12 different pole winner in 14 weeks. Amazingly, only two overlap, @vetteman24 and @rcb929, and the latter is the only one to sweep.

These last two weeks haven't been kind to me. Before Talladega, my worst finish on the year was 24th at the Glen. After Talladega it was 27th, and now after Sonoma it's 36th and "best worst" now goes to @gooftyler who's worst finish is 31st at Phoenix.

MOBIL 1 SHOWDOWN AT ELDORA FORMAT
Mobil 1 Showdown At Eldora.png
Eldora will consist of Two heats and Two Mains. Heat A and B, consisting of 24 cars each. The top 12 from each transfer to the A Main. The bottom 12 from each will race in the B Main. The B Main will be ran before the A Main, therefore the top 6 finishers from the B Main will actually transfer into the A Main (like a LCQ [Last Call Qually]). This will leave the A Main with a 30 car field. Both heats are the same length. Both mains are the same length. There will be a new round of 2 lap quallifying for each heat and main, excluding the 6 who transfer to the A main, who will be added to the end of the grid by finishing order (6th in the B Main will start 30th in the A Main).

____Read this!!____
Now here is my proposal to you all: Would you prefer for the race to be scored out of 50 points? (@BKGlover could this even be done in the spreadsheet properly?) - Here is how it would work - First place will recieve 50 points instead of 45. This also means that whoever finished last in the B Main would score no points. In addition the winner of each Heat would receive 3 bonus points. Its up to you guys what you want to do. I can make a poll aswell.

Eldora will consist of Two heats and Two Mains. Heat A and B, consisting of 24 cars each. The top 12 from each transfer to the A Main. The bottom 12 from each will race in the B Main. The B Main will be ran before the A Main, therefore the top 6 finishers from the B Main will actually transfer into the A Main (like a LCQ [Last Call Qually]). This will leave the A Main with a 30 car field. Both heats are the same length. Both mains are the same length. There will be a new round of 2 lap quallifying for each heat and main, excluding the 6 who transfer to the A main, who will be added to the end of the grid by finishing order (6th in the B Main will start 30th in the A Main).

____Read this!!____
Now here is my proposal to you all: Would you prefer for the race to be scored out of 50 points? (@BKGlover could this even be done in the spreadsheet properly?) - Here is how it would work - First place will recieve 50 points instead of 45. This also means that whoever finished last in the B Main would score no points. In addition the winner of each Heat would receive 3 bonus points. Its up to you guys what you want to do. I can make a poll aswell.
I'm fine with it having points but having such an unorthodox race like this being worth more points than any other race doesn't seem very fair.

Eldora is an unique race indeed, but giving bonus points just for making it to the top of the main heat would turn into a logistic nightmare... Maybe if it was a season-ender it would've been interesting to change how you'd win points, but not as mid-season race.

That aside, I'm with Glover on this; for the most part, this was a single-file race. There were a few "Jason Plato" barges, but the racing was relatively soft for one of the few road tracks on the calendar...

The pit exit was surprisingly dangerous, however. Whitetail nailed it with his "#ARCAbrains" joke... :lol:👍

____Read this!!____
It can be done. Bonus points would be a bit of a pain, but nothing major. I would assume that with 50 for the winner, the rest of the scale would start around 45-48 for second and work down.

I think what we have would work, but bumping the numbers up by 5 would be ok.

pit, crash, mediocrity and three finishes behind the top 20. I really feel like I'm part of Roush Fenway Racing this season.

Funny pit exits were the most entertaining part of the race. Otherwise another display of nothingness from the 43. At least I'm still barely in Chase contention for now.

When I first saw "Desert Storm," I initially thought of Bahrain or some other Middle Eastern circuit raced in this series. Or maybe even Phoenix or Las Vegas. I was a bit thrown off knowing it was Sonoma Raceway. Maybe "Wine With Cheese" or something would have made me think Sonoma better. It was sad that (one of my good GTP mates) just couldn't buy a break after placing so high... then falling back with contact twice in the same area at two different points of the race. It was sad to see RedDragon go... but see the arrival of PinkKitty13 to this series.

I'm certainly looking forward to some Eldora action for this series.

The roster has been put in order according to driver number, then randomized once. This now sets the grids for heats one and two:

HEAT ONE (Top 12 transfer):
@samurai8juice #77
@Formidable #26
@RACECAR #32
@Silver Wing #37
@Niku Driver HC #76
@AudiMan2011 #43
@GranTurismo916 #60
@Tired iron #53
@Harsk100 #0
@Eva #7
@PinkKitty13 #67
@Ph1sher #39
@The Bman #25
@DCybertron #31
@goofytyler #19
@swiftsmith #50
@KuniKino****a #00
@Gerarghini #30
@Michelin #99
@nascarfan1400 #80
@DurWinning #20
@Clayton Hardy #33
@rcb929 #12
@SVX #8

HEAT TWO (Top 12 Transfer):
@Dustone #88
@Suzumiya #4
@amaterasu #84
@tbwhhs #2
@CSMDuty11 #34
@Whitetail #9
@vetteman24 #15
@Carbonox #74
@raven214 #97
@BKGlover #79
@Davis #46
@Doodle #21
@ScuderiaLucas #1
@Furinkazen #54
@RESHIRAM5 #05
@Sakura #3
@JockeP22 #69
@Smurfybug #5
@Jordan #10
@Akmuq #51
@GTRacer22 #22
@Skython #11
@quietgirl #87

So with that, we will move to race lengths.

Heats A & B will be 60 laps each (30 Miles)
Both the B main and the A Main will be 100 laps each (50 Miles)
The combined Total of all 4 races are 160 Miles, making it one of the shorter races on the schedule.

There will be ample time to repair cars between races, and if a car DNF's, they may bring a backup car out to run the next race, given they advanced.

There will be a new session of qualifying for each event, except for the 5 cars that transfer to the A main, which will consist of the final 5 grid spots of the A Main (I know I said 6 earlier, but turns out Eldora only supports 29 AI, not 30 -- I accidentally counted the player car.)

Race order will be:
Heat A
Heat B
B Main
A Main

Each race will have cautions, and pit road will not have any special conditions.

One small question, but how did they get that dirty at Daytona? We know that the moment they touch the grass, those front bumpers are getting destroyed.

One small question, but how did they get that dirty at Daytona? We know that the moment they touch the grass, those front bumpers are getting destroyed.

I think a RallyX course mysteriously appeared on the infield road course and everyone scattered down there or something.

Someone at the front of the pack spun into the grass and dug in, and it kicked up massive amounts of dirt and mud.

Latest Posts

Back