[RACE] NR2003: GTPlanet Fantasy Series - Season 2 - Checkered Flag

RACE TV - We are here once again with RESHIRAM5 who scored another Top 10 after a bit of a drought. How was it for you?

RESHIRAM5 - Qualifying was great, but of course in tracks like Talladega, it doesn't matter where you qualify, these races are like Chess matches, whoever plays their cards right wins and that man today was @Whitetail . However, I was able to pull a decent battle for the lead with a group of talented driver before settling in 9th but @vetteman24 beat me in the battle for 8th :mad:. It was a great battle and we had a little bit of pitlane banter but losing to my rival still hurts

RACE TV - How do you feel about a lack of cautions, we heard about your complaints on how cautions were handled last race but what about now.

RESHIRAM5 - Might just be me being salty because it was when I started to lag but there really should've been more after all these incidents in pits and engine failures, not sure who is running the cautions but hopefully they can get their act together for California

RACE TV - Thank you for your time.

RESHIRAM5 - No problem and it's great to be back doing these :P

GREAT FINISH! That was a very cool race the Aaron's 299 was. All congratulations to the winner. Bring on road racing from Sonoma next!

Watching the race now, will have points up before bed, will do a mid-regular season recap...later.

@nascarfan1400 has @catamount39 said anything besides he's in? Also, I have another potential name for Eldora... @Eh Team , you want to give this a go?
He has not.

Also would like to ask @JohnBM01 if he's changed his mind :), still a week before the scheme cut off -- That said im going to make Wednesday at 11:59pm Eastern time the last time someone can throw their hat into the ring, still some spots left!!

WTF Jordan!? It WAS out of fuel, but still!

As for the race...strategy seems to be the antithesis of whatever that was. That looked like chaos, and not the standard chaos Talladega is known for. Congrats to the winner, salads for everyone.

Also, 7 Fords in the race, not one finished on the lead lap.

Untitled.png

Abit late but here this is:

1st: @amaterasu - 213
2nd: @Smurfybug - 195
3rd: @Davis - 191
4th: @RESHIRAM5 - 190
5th: @rcb929 - 189
6th: @Ph1sher - 185
7th: @Clayton Hardy - 182
8th: @JockeP22 - 181
9th: @AudiMan2011 - 180
10th: @Jordan - 177
11th: @SVX - 174
12th: @RedDragon - 170
13th: @vetteman24 - 167
14th: @GTRacer22 - 163
15th: @tbwhhs - 160
16th: @KuniKino****a - 155
17th: @Akmuq - 153
18th: @Skython - 84

Will post points from Dega upon viewing the race.

WTF Jordan!? It WAS out of fuel, but still!

As for the race...strategy seems to be the antithesis of whatever that was. That looked like chaos, and not the standard chaos Talladega is known for. Congrats to the winner, salads for everyone.

Also, 7 Fords in the race, not one finished on the lead lap.

That 4 way tie for 14th tho.

Last edited:
Wonderful, Michelin's series' luck transfered to my performance here, just what I was in need of. It's just like every other race I've been having here lately; start off decently, stay near the top 10. Once I get to the pits, Red Bull pit strategy kicks in and I never get back to the top.

Although I will say this; I am amazed we didn't get a Big One (tm) this time around. To think we went roughly 30 laps without a caution is commendable when you look at how the field was early on in the race. And even then, the caution wasn't brought out due to a crash, but rather because of Angel's misfiring GM block.

People can do without the 3-way pit stop entries, though... Haven't drivers learned from Angel's own races? :lol:

"Overall it was a fairly good day today. Started 14th, dropped back early to get a gauge on how the field would be driving today. After I scoped it out I made it way up to the front, came close to leading a few times. Towards the end, I knew the second pack I was in wasn't going to make it up to the lead cars. I figured my best bet was to go for it on the last lap. I made a run, charged to 6th, but dropped to 7th. Really happy @AudiMan2011 and I were able to work together to bring home a pair of top tens for CWR, and @samurai8juice brought a top 15 in. Overall, a good day. Should help us a lot in points, especially with the Chase coming closer."

Ahmed's Statement from Ohio: Now this wasn't the best race I've done but we're keeping it strong. There is always room for improvement no matter what. I'll see you all at the next track....which ever that may be. Ciao!
Now that's what I call race! The competitive was intense as 🤬! Yes, you're gonna have to censor that. :lol: Special thing is I go in the record books as well! Just letting every other team know that the party is on me, No drinking though that's not me :P
WHO PUT THIS 🤬 ENGINE IN MY CAR?! WHERE'S THE FORD MECHANICS?

It has been announced by Mohammad Ahmed's Car Artist that his Coke Studio car has been fitted into the fascia of a 2014 Ford Fusion rather than the 2016 to meet the requirements for the current GTPFS Season. More details to follow.

Back