RACE Sharpie Fantasy Series - Thanks for participating, see you next season

• Thread starter Jahgee
  • 1,522 comments
@The Bman, @CodDemon101, @Tired iron, @DCybertron, @swiftsmith, @tbwhhs, @PatrisS136, @Niku Driver HC, @rcb929, @DurWinning, @raven214, @BKGlover, @samurai8juice, @Harsk100, @quietgirl, @Doodle, @Michelin, @Grandea GTR, @nascarfan1400, @RACECAR, @Gerarghini

One more thing, if you guys would like the base that I've used for all of your Sharpie cars, here it is. Color the Color layer to change the color. The font for everyone's numbers is Aardvark Bold (Download Link) italicized, size 144 centered on the Cyan Number Line (Delete that and merge everything down when you're done if you use it)

The download for the font is not available :confused:

@The Bman, @CodDemon101, @Tired iron, @DCybertron, @swiftsmith, @tbwhhs, @PatrisS136, @Niku Driver HC, @rcb929, @DurWinning, @raven214, @BKGlover, @samurai8juice, @Harsk100, @quietgirl, @Doodle, @Michelin, @Grandea GTR, @nascarfan1400, @RACECAR, @Gerarghini

So I found this track (Bikernieki)
2015252154642.jpg

which has standing starts. Having tested all the tracks, Lausitz will probably be the most boring, the track is too wide for the AI to spin out accidentally, and they spread out quickly which leads to little passing. I want your guys opinion, so poll time (I'll stop it at 15 votes, or at 5 PM tomorrow [24 hours from now])
http://strawpoll.me/3733326

@Jahgee1124

Just a heads up about screenshots I remembered in a lot of older games used the print screen on the keyboard so I tried it and works. It saves the screenshots in .tga
format in the game folder, good for us that don't have a screenshot program. :D

@Jahgee1124

Just a heads up about screenshots I remembered in a lot of older games used the print screen on the keyboard so I tried it and works. It saves the screenshots in .tga
format in the game folder, good for us that don't have a screenshot program. :D
Cool, the screen capture program I use does screenshots, but thanks for the tip 👍

Hey, @Jahgee1124? I was thinking of painting a car for Piggz Stadium, but I am somewhat inexperienced in car painting. Could you spare some advice for a rookie such as myself? I have a defined idea of what to do for the livery, but I lack the execution part...

Hey, @Jahgee1124? I was thinking of painting a car for Piggz Stadium, but I am somewhat inexperienced in car painting. Could you spare some advice for a rookie such as myself? I have a defined idea of what to do for the livery, but I lack the execution part...
First question, what are you gonna be using to paint it?

GIMP, since I do not have Photoshop.

As I'm not planning on making any cars for this series, my own included, I don't have the template in front of me. However, I do have some overarching things I do for all templates.

1. Add everything in it's own layer. Sponsors, decals, even different color sections need their own layer until you are satisfied.
  2. Don't merge everything. Chances are high you'll have stuff overlap, so if you do merge layers, try to keep them in their own groups. To help this, make a layer group, put all layers you want grouped together in that.
  3. Paths are your friends. Think of paths as another layering option, one that allows you to tweak lines easier than doing it by hand. It also does anti-aliasing automatically, something I can't do myself.
  4. Repurpose the writing process: Rough draft>revisions>Final Copy. Sounds ridiculous, but @Jahgee1124, @DurWinning, and @swiftsmith have seen it play out.
  5. I don't care if the mask and wireframe are crutches, they help a lot, use them.
  6. ????
  7. PROFIT!

As I'm not planning on making any cars for this series, my own included, I don't have the template in front of me. However, I do have some overarching things I do for all templates.

1. Add everything in it's own layer. Sponsors, decals, even different color sections need their own layer until you are satisfied.
  2. Don't merge everything. Chances are high you'll have stuff overlap, so if you do merge layers, try to keep them in their own groups. To help this, make a layer group, put all layers you want grouped together in that.
  3. Paths are your friends. Think of paths as another layering option, one that allows you to tweak lines easier than doing it by hand. It also does anti-aliasing automatically, something I can't do myself.
  4. Repurpose the writing process: Rough draft>revisions>Final Copy. Sounds ridiculous, but @Jahgee1124, @DurWinning, and @swiftsmith have seen it play out.
  5. I don't care if the mask and wireframe are crutches, they help a lot, use them.
  6. ????
  7. PROFIT!

Hum, that's quite a few steps. Still, better than driving blind. Care to take a look at the work I've done so far, and help me with dumb mistakes that I will probably do?

I can do it here, or if you prefer the convo for that cup car you wanted would work too. Either way, I'd be glad to help.....just don't ask me how to do flames.

I can do it here, or if you prefer the convo for that cup car you wanted would work too. Either way, I'd be glad to help.....just don't ask me how to do flames.

No problem, I want to keep things as simple as possible myself. No flames. ;) I'll send you a PM soon.

No, I will not join your Bacon Army. I assume that means I fight using weaponry made from bacon, and I love bacon too much too do that. :lol:

Not quite, my dear Panda friend. We here at the Bacon Army only use the finest live ammunition. Bazookas, grenades, mortars, you name it. :mischievous:

For those still wondering, yes, this is the livery that I'm making for the Piggz Stadium race. And yes, you are not reading it wrong. I finally bit the bullet, and decided to create a livery myself. This is just a teaser (PD style brah) for what's to come...

Last edited:
I will join the Bacon Army, if there is Canadian Bacon.

Of course! We don't neglect any kind of bacon, all countries are welcome. British Bacon, Japanese Bacon, even French Bacon is welcome to join! The Bacon Army accepts all comers, but of course you need to know how to handle a weapon.

If there is not Peppered Bacon, I will be disappoint.

No worries, my Heihachi family friend. You are free to spice your Bacon in any way you like, because we believe in freedom of choices. Bacon-wise, of course.

Also, on a (slightly) more serious note, I'll allow you to guess the reasoning behind my sponsorship. Feel free to guess who sponsors me, I dare you to find out. :mischievous:

No worries, my Heihachi family friend. You are free to spice your Bacon in any way you like, because we believe in freedom of choices. Bacon-wise, of course.

Also, on a (slightly) more serious note, I'll allow you to guess the reasoning behind my sponsorship. Feel free to guess who sponsors me, I dare you to find out. :mischievous:

Maple Leaf or Sniedder Bacon :lol:

Latest Posts

Back