RaceRoom: The Racing Experience General Discussion

• Thread starter MagpieRacer
  • 1,199 comments
As a long time Simbin fan I gave RaceRoom multiple chances (early builds were very floaty and unsatisfying, as I'm sure everyone remembers) but clearly those of us willing to do that and willing to spend rather a lot of money on the drip fed content are a small minority.

Picked R3E after march 16' update so i haven't been on the ride since day 1.
Still it has got better and better with every update since then. (Hopefully you are still playing until today :) )

I can't wait for the BMW M6 GT3

Yesterday DTM driver Bruno Spengler was testing the DTM 2016 physics:

In summary:
-Every aspect of the car has been improved compared to the 2015 version
-The final version will have better traction and more high speed corner grip
-New data displays are coming
-Flag system is currently being worked on
-Work on VR support has started
-Patch is coming in November
-DTM 2016 cars will be released shortly after the patch

Just wanted to recap what i picked up from the dev stream this evening.

- Patch coming tomorrow, will integrate the 'experiences' into the full game, which basically means there will be one raceroom menu now and those specific options and rules will be carried over when you select those cars.
- Store will have a new layout, 3 starter packs will be made available which offer a selection of content. If i saw it right you'll be able to buy all content now (that is already available) for 9999 vrp's.
- AI improved, will respect blue flags and block the inside of upcoming corners making it harder for you to pass. They will also respect you more and avoid contact better.

Simbin studios have been created again with a UK office, they are affiliated with S3 and will start up a new racing game, which will be multi platform and based on the unreal engine. :P

For the future, the biggest focus will be on the online part as they basically want to revamp the R3E online experience to something aking iracing, with set races and rankings. You'll also be put into groups so you can race against people of your skill level.

Oh and i forgot, dash displays in cockpits will be personalized for the type of car (they often have the same ones now).

Last edited:
Nope sry...

Another small game update is on its way!

Including:
- Potential fix for disappearing cars in Multiplayer
- Race 2 / 3 now working in Multiplayer
- Rule presets fixed in Singleplayer
- Hungaroring improved track surface
- Bathurst new TV cameras
- more bugfixes

How annoying! I bought the Premium Pack 2 days ago, just to find out that the Audi TT-RS got released yesterday and is now included in the Premium Pack aswell....

Now I would have to spend additional 3,50€ -.-

How annoying! I bought the Premium Pack 2 days ago, just to find out that the Audi TT-RS got released yesterday and is now included in the Premium Pack aswell....

Now I would have to spend additional 3,50€ -.-
Better contact S3 as that isnt very fair.

Been meaning to try this out for a while and finally got around to it on the weekend. Very enjoyable and a good challenge too. Just wondering how big in size dlc is? As far as gb?

Back