RaceRoom: The Racing Experience General Discussion

• Thread starter MagpieRacer
  • 1,199 comments
I've been spending more time with the sim. It's really good. Really, really good! I just discovered the hot lap challenge mode, and I took a GT3 Mustang around Indianapolis (The counter clockwise course). I was pleasantly surprised when the ghosts switched on to reveal my previous lap, and then show my best lap. Coming from Forza where you can only see the rival ahead of you. This is truly refreshing because I am battling myself, and at the same time, I am learning the circuit. I plan on spending much more time with the sim. It's pretty sweet.

And I also grabbed all 3 of the Porsches that were released. The Cayman gives me the most trouble, but the GT3 cup felt pretty familiar. It must be a GT3 class thing.

I'm looking for help on getting faster, more consistent and better at racing with others. Thinking about trying multiplayer, I wanted to know if I could be compotent, or if I should keep the training wheels on, so I started practicing with AI traffic. I quickly found out that I am giving up a ton of time everywhere. So I'm going to keep practicing with the AI until I can keep up.

Anyone know something else to do, to improve?

I'm looking for help on getting faster, more consistent and better at racing with others. Thinking about trying multiplayer, I wanted to know if I could be compotent, or if I should keep the training wheels on, so I started practicing with AI traffic. I quickly found out that I am giving up a ton of time everywhere. So I'm going to keep practicing with the AI until I can keep up.

Anyone know something else to do, to improve?
I'd try the online time trials in R3E. It's been a while but I'm pretty sure you can use the system to compare your driving with others in an environment where you can learn some things from where others have speed and you don't.

watched a test race tonight about the new coming RRVLN racing series ! Multiclass racing on the Nordschleife.. Not sure, but I'mm trying to take part in the next testrace next saturday :)

I tried some of the weekend's free content yesterday, had a lot more fun than I did with the handful of sample things normally available when I tried the game a couple months back. The game definitely does get a lot of things right. The low-rev engine sound in the GT3 vette was really weak and it's really annoying for me that you can't disable or adjust ABS at all, but other than that I quite enjoyed it.

Hoping to fool around with a few more cars and tracks today. Might consider buying it(I wasn't after my first test run), but the only thing that makes sense is to buy everything up to now or else you're paying through the nose... and I may want to make upgrading some bits of my PC first priority for now.

I tried some of the weekend's free content yesterday, had a lot more fun than I did with the handful of sample things normally available when I tried the game a couple months back. The game definitely does get a lot of things right. The low-rev engine sound in the GT3 vette was really weak and it's really annoying for me that you can't disable or adjust ABS at all, but other than that I quite enjoyed it.

I think that's because all GT3 cars do have ABS in real life

I think that's because all GT3 cars do have ABS in real life

I do understand that, but it doesn't mean I shouldn't be able to turn it off in the game. None of them have an automatic transmission for example but you can turn on a fully automatic option. It's just my opinion but I don't feel you should ever be forced to use ABS in a game with decent physics. I just want to turn it off like I do in any other game because I like GT3 cars but I don't enjoy driving with ABS and TC.

Not the worst thing ever but it is a bit annoying and makes some otherwise very appealing cars much less pleasant to drive. I did find that the KTM and the open wheel car I drove didn't use it. The Formula 3 car took a pretty light touch on the brakes, that was fun.

Not being able to disable autoclutch despite turning it off in the options is also annoying. I even found a thread discussing that online, I guess they changed it at some point. There was a mention of some cars that did have a normally functioning clutch but I tried some of those(including the KTM) and it was still automatically operated. My pedal works fine but it's completely redundant.

So there were a couple of things that bugged me but overall it is a pretty enjoyable game, had a good time with it today. I will keep it in mind to maybe pick up in the future. Still not quite sure how well the adaptive AI works but I guess that takes some time to figure you out. I did repeat a couple races at one track and they went from being 6-7 seconds slower than me, to 2-3 seconds slower, to 5 seconds faster than me over three races.

I've looked hard and it's difficult for me to find a complaint about R3E except....
Why can't we change tires?
It seems there's only one default selection for rubber. Am I missing something?

I've looked hard and it's difficult for me to find a complaint about R3E except....
Why can't we change tires?
It seems there's only one default selection for rubber. Am I missing something?

We've only recently added support for multiple compounds. Right now you have 2 compounds on the Formula RaceRoom U.S. (Primary and Alternate) and 3 compounds for the Formula RaceRoom X-17 (soft, medium and hard).

We will be adding compounds as we go along and to the cars for which it makes sense.

Back