RaceRoom: The Racing Experience General Discussion

• Thread starter MagpieRacer
  • 1,199 comments
I hate the fact that they release updated packs for same type of racing category. Yeah it sounds stupid to hate new content, but I bought DTM2015 which is now obsolete. I needed to get DTM2016 to enjoy it and now you're saying that a new DTM is around the corner.
I feel it should be that if you buy ANY DTM pack, you get all the subsequent updates for free (and obviously previous updates).
So a bit like a season pass mentality but divided into packs:
So a GT3 pack, GT2 pack, DTM pack, etc... which guarantees you get everything and anything related to past or future updates of that specific category.

I hate the fact that they release updated packs for same type of racing category. Yeah it sounds stupid to hate new content, but I bought DTM2015 which is now obsolete. I needed to get DTM2016 to enjoy it and now you're saying that a new DTM is around the corner.
I feel it should be that if you buy ANY DTM pack, you get all the subsequent updates for free (and obviously previous updates).
So a GT3 pack, GT2 pack, DTM pack, etc... which guarantees you get everything and anything related to past or future updates of that specific category.

No, not at all. Remember, the game is f2p. 2020 DTM cars are new models with different engines and overtake functions, its not just different liverys. The Team is working hard on that content and they deserve our support.

Current weeks schedule...

ranked_postmhjlq.jpg

One of my favourite sims! While getting entire thing is expensive it is very much worth it. Very fun to race with AI, which is important to me as I'm a mostly single player guy, amazing sound design, lots of content (few missing manufacturers but still good choice of cars and tracks). Great stuff.

Being a mainly offline player how is the ai with regards to mistakes and overtaking ? Also I see various packs available like Porsche Cup but do they each have their own rules and formats etc ?

Thank you , For some reason I'm getting a blurry image when not in cockpit view which gets worse as you pick up speed , Not sure what I've done as it didn't do it the first time I tried it out. Will have to look into it.

Black Friday sale is live, just used it to 100% my content
Yeah noticed that man. I wish I could do that... We are limited currently to only 20$ on external purchases (due to our severe economic crisis... 2nd worldwide hyperinflation after Venezuela currently... **** is really bad... )

Where are you referring to? On Steam it looks like it's 20% off, £68 for all currently available DLC, which still isn't hugely cheap.
I’m referring to the R3E store, it’s 20% off per item, but the deals stack.

I had around half of the content already and the rest cost me £23.

Is there a Premium Currency you can earn for free in this game? I'm considering getting the game, but I'm afraid the total cost of all DLC available may be unrealistic.

Is there a Premium Currency you can earn for free in this game? I'm considering getting the game, but I'm afraid the total cost of all DLC available may be unrealistic.
If you follow what’s been posted about the actual cost of it all is little different to most AAA racing titles at launch.

The advantage with R3E is you get to try it for free.

Now it's on 50% sale. They have a virtual currency that you can buy content with. It's called VRP.
For 50euros if I'm not mistaken you can get 7500VRP which can buy you the whole content of the sim. That's not crazy expensive since there's lots of content.

Black Friday sale is live, just used it to 100% my content

Did the same :)

Now it's on 50% sale. They have a virtual currency that you can buy content with. It's called VRP.
For 50euros if I'm not mistaken you can get 7500VRP which can buy you the whole content of the sim. That's not crazy expensive since there's lots of content.

Yep, vRP is the way to go, I got the full content for $50. The R3E Premium Pack is one of the best investments in simracing.

Also: the Audi R8 LMS GT2 is coming soon to R3E: https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/audi-r8-lms-gt2.15990/

Herr Ortner promised more updates after the Audi R8 LMS GT2 intro and here it goes: The Glen is coming to RaceRoom! I personally love the track, my favorite section is maybe the sweeping uphil esses after turn 1. I got to know it not so long time ago in Forza 7 (despite my love for racing titles I don't have much experience) and as it's not too far from us, I hope to go there for an IMSA, SRO or TransAm weekend in the not-too-distant future.

https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/watkins-glen-international.16000/

Herr Ortner promised more updates after the Audi R8 LMS GT2 intro and here it goes: The Glen is coming to RaceRoom! I personally love the track, my favorite section is maybe the sweeping uphil esses after turn 1. I got to know it not so long time ago in Forza 7 (despite my love for racing titles I don't have much experience) and as it's not too far from us, I hope to go there for an IMSA, SRO or TransAm weekend in the not-too-distant future.

https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/watkins-glen-international.16000/
I was actually just thinking about the absence of the Glen :lol:

I bought the starter pack along with Sonoma and the Mustang IMSA car. What a joy that car is to drive :)

That would make each pack so expensive :(

personally, I can't wait for this one, over and above the Audi.

Couldn't agree more! Watkins Glen is for me the best part of the update but the Scirocco comes second over the Audi. It reminds me that I have yet to drive the NSU TTS...

Nevertheless, so this is Group 2 and thus I'd assume it's gonna be a lonely entry there like the current GT2 (soon to change) and GTE categories. Let's hope they will expand it in the not too distant future.

Back