RaceRoom: The Racing Experience General Discussion

• Thread starter MagpieRacer
  • 1,199 comments
Hello! I need help with the resolution in the game. First i had 1920x1080 then i select 3840x2160. After that change the picture on my TV is only in the left corner and i can't reach the video settings to change the resolution in the game. Had uninstalled the game, deleted the files and made a new install but the picture is still in the left corner. What can i do? Thanks

Edit: problem solved

Last edited:
I wasn't here for some time but I completely love the game. It's a hidden gem probably because of strange paying system.

Today was released amazing DTM pack with first Ferrari in the game:

Nice update today

01. RaceRoom.png

I’m absolutely in love with this sim. The DTM ‘92 pack is what I’ve spent the most time with. Having finally started to get the hang of the Heel-Toe technique, driving these cars with no assists and no HUD is epic.

I actually managed to become the fastest Swede in the Leaderboards with the 190E Evo II at Zolder, but like 4 seconds or so behind the top spot, lol.

I’m quite disappointed by the AI though, which I had heard so much praise for. It’s fast, but boy can it be reckless, and it brakes at some weird places.

Last edited:
AI is probably the best AI around. You can imagine better but no game has it. :D
Yeah, I think it’s supposed to be sort of reckless when you think about it. That’s racing I guess.

Well, I have no complaints about this game then!

Yeah, I think it’s supposed to be sort of reckless when you think about it. That’s racing I guess.

Well, I have no complaints about this game then!
You are right too, they brake sometimes weirdly. Overall it's top-notch and you can't find better. My best AI races are in R3E because you don't feel like with normal AI, it's different level.

I did at first but lost my patience, so now I usually set the difficulty at around 100, depending on the track. I will give the adaptive AI another go today.
I found I need to run 2 or 3 races for the adaptive to get to grips with the car class and track, but once it does I really like the end result.

I found I need to run 2 or 3 races for the adaptive to get to grips with the car class and track, but once it does I really like the end result.
Ok, so I’ve played with adaptive AI quite a bit now and I honestly don’t get it. Yesterday I won a 12 lap race at Zolder, 6 or so seconds ahead of 2nd place (and I had probably done 5 or 6 races already with the same class at the circuit) and today I did the same race but was outclassed by the AI. Also, as realistic as it may be, their recklessness is quite frustrating to say the least.

Having not driven this for years I jumped back on because all stuff free and why not. It drives really well. Really really well. After half an hour I was comfortable enough with how the cars were handling to just jump into the multiplayer and had some really good races. The usual mouthbreathers were there, but they were polite enough to advertise their intentions so it was more amusement than annoyance.

Mistakes were made, but they felt like they were all down to the potato behind the wheel and not some dodgy weirdness with the physics. Graphics and sound aren't amazing, but nor are they offensive. Dunno how much money I'd pay for it, but for free it's certainly appealing. :)

Having not driven this for years I jumped back on because all stuff free and why not. It drives really well. Really really well.

Thats because of the great physics work from Alex H. and the team developing a new ffb code from scratch to have it right and getting rid of the base engine ffb things that were just completely wrong or not even calculated at all ;)

Last edited:
Maybe it was just the handful of cars I drove. They sounded fine. I don't know how else to put it. There were sounds, and they were fine. Not amazing, not awful. I wasn't paying heaps of attention because I was busy racing so I'm probably missing nuance, but that was my first impression.

Weird because RRE is universally regarded (like vast majority of simracers) to have the best sounds of any sim.
But yeah, I guess, just like anything else, it's all a matter of taste and personal preference.

Maybe it was just the handful of cars I drove. They sounded fine. I don't know how else to put it. There were sounds, and they were fine. Not amazing, not awful. I wasn't paying heaps of attention because I was busy racing so I'm probably missing nuance, but that was my first impression.
Having done quite abit of driving on this myself this week (and on my desktop for the first time, which is nice), I wasn't exactly "Blown away" myself. If anything, some of them are slightly questionable (Such as the Corvette Daytona Prototype that is clearly modelled after the Original Grand Am specification from 2012 but has the sound from the 2014 IMSA Specification)

You can basically very cleary hear the development of RR Sounds that Anthony Monteil worked on over the years... And thinking about the big limitations of the engine and DX9 tech its insane how much could be put into on details and variations of the sound effects. You can tell that Anthony really loves big time what he is doing for a living. 💚 Him having Fmod so latest tech as work tool would be mindblowing i think :D

I have quite the RR archive on videos from 2013 to today ^^

Same cars, how it started/how its going :D

2021-2022

Last edited:
Also did something like this just because i was amazed by the sounds recording a replay:

Compare that to the pure rFactor 1 base engine from ISI lol but its the same insane evolving in physics too best example the comparison of Gmotor base FFB code so what was wrong calculated or not even calculated at all but whats essential and so really needed for a simulation and great force feedback. There are some awesome detailed and informative threads about ffb code rewrite and tons of other sim physics features that got brought to RR over the years written by Devs Alex Hodkinson, Thomas Jansen.

Beenig a Beta Tester since 2013 I know a bit more here and there and that the team is working their asses off to make whats ever possible in the limits of tech, time and of course budget.

Last edited:
Back