RaceRoom: The Racing Experience General Discussion

• Thread starter MagpieRacer
  • 1,199 comments
Recently properly gotten into RaceRoom and running a couple of leagues. I'm really enjoying the WTCR cars driving the Honda and the racing is pretty fun in those leagues.

I hope they can replace the WTCR license with something. With the Scandinavian circuits, I can't imagine getting the license for STCC TCR would be too much of a hassle. Even TCR Europe. DTM Trophy makes sense with the existing DTM partnership and adding some structure to the GT4 series.

Maybe take advantage of the Motorsports Games debacle to pick up a BTCC license.

New TTs and Ranked update
Fhw_bPJWIAEJ0Jb

Fhw_bmnWAAEvyD7

Trucks are meh for me but some nice update commin
finally MX5, Praga also sounds nice (it have great sound irl and Raceroom have best sound so I can't wait) and track looks fun as hell, never heard of it looks like Bilster Berg + Nords
these other 2 cars not for me probably

Last edited:
Yeah. The cars in that pack aren't bad at all. The MX-5 Cup is a very raceable car in iRacing and the Praga would have some audience thanks to Broadbent.

I'd say there needs to be a bit more of a slipstream effect to make it like the races you see in real life. The F4 and TCR classes feel like they have barely any at all.

If you are looking for better Fps in RR then you can try that Vulkan dll and replace it with the dx9d3d.dll in the game folder for 32bit or for 64bit the one in the RR x64 folder...

Those are some results of my pretty outdated system:

CX_2022-12-15_14-59-16_Comparison.png

Race Room Screenshot 2022.12.15 - 14.55.21.23.png
Race Room Screenshot 2022.12.15 - 14.49.19.14.png

Last edited:
BMW M4 GT3 - now available!

RaceRoom has been updated!

Update details:

Client version = 0.9.4.75
Client BuildID = 11304184
Dedi version = 93.0.1422
Dedi BuildID = 11304297

Changelog:

• New content - BMW M4 GT3 in GTR3 car class

• GT3 car classes have received physics updates - remember to reset your car setups

• WTCC 2013 cars have received physics updates - remember to reset your car setups

• Force Feedback - Introducing dynamic linearity which will allow us to tune the forces on a per-car basis through steering geometry and power steering adjustments. It makes all the cars feel more grounded and solid to drive, particularly at low speed. This update makes the existing FFB Linearity slider obsolete, so slider was removed with the update. The changes will help to get the most out of any type of wheel, however, you may find that some weaker wheels need a slightly higher ‘Minimum Force’ setting with the removal of the linearity setting. Users who were running above 85% linearity before shouldn’t have to change anything. However when used to 80% and lower, it is recommended to up the minimum force by 1% or 2%.

• Brands Hatch - updated to 2023 specs

• Donington - Updated to 2023 specs

• Sonoma - Updated to 2023 specs

• Dedicated Server - Added a LiveUpdate feature. The setting takes a value in second and defines how often the dedicated server will update ..\Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Dedicated\UserData\Log_Dedicated\Results\Live.txt with everything happening in real time on the server. Information is provided in json format.

• Game client - Adjusted the formatting of results files being written inside ..\Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData\Log\Results\ - Changed file data and time prefix to be the same for any session of the same event, making it easier to match sessions together. Modified to use userID’s instead of strings where applicable. Added LiveryID

Last edited:

00:00 - 01:43 Introduction
01:43 - 03:50 J-F Head of Studio
03:50 - 04:40 RaceRoom dev team
04:40 - 07:49 The current state of RaceRoom
07:49 - 11:44 New UI
11:44 - 13:30 New back-end code
13:30 - 18:20 History of RaceRoom
18:20 - 22:31 Taking back control
22:31 - 24:35 GTR3
24:35 - 25:40 KW's involvement
25:40 - 27:24 Night driving, new engine
27:34 - 28:09 Expanding team
28:09 - 31:18 Engine sounds and tracks
31:18 - 42:00 DLC roadmap
42:00 - 44:14 WTCR and DTM rights
44:14 - 47:10 Anti-cheat protection
47:10 - 50:04 New online structure
50:04 - 52:50 In control

𝗥𝗔𝗖𝗘𝗥𝗢𝗢𝗠 𝗙𝗥𝗘𝗘 𝗔𝗖𝗖𝗘𝗦𝗦

From June 18th until June 25th you’ll be able to access all our content without restriction!

C1J7A03.png

Last edited:
that interview was interesting
I'm away from simracing for now but Raceroom is probably still my #1 so I will play it in the future
especially when it will improve even further
good to hear that they want to improve back-end because that whole loading in the menus was awful pretty often and that was the most annoying thing in the entire game

Last edited:
Well gt7 put me back in car racing game.
Have an old G25 that i can't used on PS4.
Having a pc with an rtx 3060 i installed raceroom and after few hours bought starter pack .
This game deserve so much players , immersion is really there, have great moment driving on it.

Having a pc with an rtx 3060 i installed raceroom and after few hours bought starter pack .
This game deserve so much players , immersion is really there, have great moment driving on it.
Yep, despite it's age it drives well and has some tracks and cars that are often overlooked by other titles.

Take a look on YouTube for the best ways to buy additional content, as a few tricks exist to get the best value for money.

Last edited:

Yep, despite it's age it drives well and has some tracks and cars that are often overlooked by other titles.

Take a look on YouTube for the best ways to buy additional content, as a few tricks exist to get the best value for money.
Best way is to wait until Black Friday, buy the 10k or so vRP pack for like 50-60 dollars (or whatever Euro that might be) and buy the full package that contains all content up until that point. After that you should still always default to the vRP purchase and then buy anything with vRP within the game, it's cheaper than buying directly.

Last edited:
Been enjoying it a bit recently myself. Even decided to give the ranked online a try! Where, of course, I found myself yet another troll. Haven't given up yet, though, will play around with it a bit more, alrhough I must confess to not being entirely sure how the system works and if you get more access to more races if you keep at it.

Circuit de Pau-Ville + Ferrari 296 GT3 Iconic Livery Pack OUT NOW!

Take to the infamous Circuit de Pau-Ville and prove your skills on the tight and twisty street circuit

This street circuit, nestled in the heart of Pau in southwest France, offers a unique blend of history, challenge, and excitement. It features narrow streets lined with barriers, where precision is paramount and every millimeter counts. With its combination of high-speed straights and technical twists, the Circuit de Pau-Ville demands both skill and strategy, providing an exhilarating test for drivers of all levels. Whether you're a seasoned pro or a newcomer to the world of racing, this track promises an unforgettable experience.

Enjoy the new Ferrari 296 GT3 livery pack, which brings iconic teams of international motorsports to the sim.

Every new Ferrari is special, and the 296 GT3 is no exception. Modern and daring in design, this mid-rear engined monster delivers 600hp from its 2.9-litre, twin-turbocharged V6, and the car won in its debut appearance at the Nürburging 24 Hours, held on the fearsome Nordschleife circuit

Update details:
Download size = 470 MB

Client version = 0.9.5.46
Client BuildID = 13835720

Dedicated server version = 96.0.1459
Dedicated server BuildID = 13840634

Changelog:

• New content: Circuit de Pau-Ville
  • New content: Ferrari 296 GT3 in the GTR3 car class, with 19 liveries
  • Indianapolis 2012 - Fixed a harsh cut detection
  • Sachsenring - Moved Time Attack spawn location earlier in the lap

Back