When free is for do race best?

• Total voters
5D82A148-474A-478C-B6CB-DC2BD7F9DA0B.jpeg
8641A578-F274-409A-A349-0738198E8080.jpeg
E8F0F2DF-B2B5-47C6-A725-E5FDFA3FDFA7.jpeg
AF6A894F-ED9E-4470-8F2C-355C7C9FB5EE.jpeg
7C92F929-3300-4AF9-A046-365E348AC328.jpeg

How do find you later?
Sorry I was a bit late going online, it was heading towards 9.00 before I got your FR. You should be able to find us by selecting the Friends only rooms tick box.

Yes sorry chaps for doing a @Sutsagrd and being late for the party. And talking about Suts, hopefully everything is ok after your call and quick exit.

tartfarts
Yet another new term! I really ought to keep a list of these because you never know they might come in handy sometimes.

And talking about Suts, hopefully everything is ok after your call and quick exit.
Thanks. All fine. It wasn’t a problem phone call.

Yes sorry chaps for doing a @Sutsagrd and being late for the party.
In my defence I’ve been used to a 830pm start hence I’m not always ready for 8pm. I do the reverse of Zo...i make my wife a cup of tea (dinner) first before I join you!!!

tartfarts
Farty Owls

:cheers:

Sorry I was a bit late going online, it was heading towards 9.00 before I got your FR. You should be able to find us by selecting the Friends only rooms tick box.

Well, my 10 yo son uses my profile for Fortnite and other games, and it turned out he decided trim the friends list - he deleted all of my PSN friends (mostly from PS3 days but had you and maybe Suts) and kept only 8 of his own :banghead:. Then he told me he deleted the FR you sent :indiff:.

Anyway, it probably wasn't a bad thing I didn't join with the Porsche - I was doing a bit of first time "driving" with it that night :lol:.

Hopefully the planets will align next week...

For this week I've had An Idea. You'll require any one of the following cars:

Aston Martin V8 Vantage S '15 - 100% power, 100% weight
Chevrolet Camaro SS '16 - 100% power, 96% weight
Chevrolet Corvette (C7) Stingray '14 - 98% power, 102% weight
Dodge Viper GTS '02 - 99% power, 100% weight
Dodge Viper SRT10 Coupe '06 - 97% power, 100% weight
TVR Tuscan Speed Six '00 - 105% power, 100% weight

I'll be making them approximately equivalent on pace, and then in addition to that we'll use the Kerfufficap again:

Every driver also has their own personal starting BOP based on the values the Kerfuffle holds for you :D These are:
-3% - @Sparkz_360 (lose 3% power, add 3% weight)
-2% - @Zolon32 @AndreasR (lose 2% power, add 2% weight)
-1% - -
0% - @Famine, @Venari, @daan
+1% - @buybon355, @IfAndOr (add 1% power, lose 1% weight)
+2% - @Sutsagrd (add 2% power, lose 2% weight)
@Woodski_427 hasn't Kerfuffled, so I can't place him and he'll have to place himself. The brackets above are roughly Alien, Ffast, Quick, Average, Every Little Helps, and "oh noooooooooooooooooo" :D

It's a rolling system; the above values are where you start only. After every race, the winner loses 2% power and gains 2% weight on top of their current handicap, second loses 1% power and gains 1% weight, vice-last gains 1% power and loses 1% weight, last gains 2% power and loses 2% weight. In theory if we do four races and @Sparkz_360 keeps winning, he'd start the fifth race 11% down on power and 11% heavier. Which is also a physical description of 42-year old me compared to 35-year old me.

In addition, if you win an race, you can't use the same car again...

I think next Tuesday would be good for a Kerfuffle too. I'm going to make a change to that to make it slightly more compact. Everyone but @Woodski_427 will own all the cars already, but I'll post the car list up shortly (it'll be the same, but shorter).

Last edited:
For this week I've had An Idea. You'll require any one of the following cars:

Aston Martin V8 Vantage S '15
Chevrolet Camaro SS '16
Chevrolet Corvette (C7) Stingray '14
Dodge Viper GTS '02
Dodge Viper SRT10 Coupe '06
TVR Tuscan Speed Six '00

I'll be making them approximately equivalent on pace, and then in addition to that we'll use the Kerfufficap again:

@Woodski_427 hasn't Kerfuffled, so I can't place him and he'll have to place himself. The brackets above are roughly Alien, Ffast, Quick, Average, Every Little Helps, and "oh noooooooooooooooooo" :D

It's a rolling system; the above values are where you start only. After every race, the winner loses 2% power and gains 2% weight on top of their current handicap, second loses 1% power and gains 1% weight, vice-last gains 1% power and loses 1% weight, last gains 2% power and loses 2% weight. In theory if we do four races and @Sparkz_360 keeps winning, he'd start the fifth race 11% down on power and 11% heavier. Which is also a physical description of 42-year old me compared to 35-year old me.

In addition, if you win an race, you can't use the same car again...

I think next Tuesday would be good for a Kerfuffle too. I'm going to make a change to that to make it slightly more compact. Everyone but @Woodski_427 will own all the cars already, but I'll post the car list up shortly (it'll be the same, but shorter).

I'm probably somewhere around "(e)Very Little Helps", but that is entirely dependent on car/track combos - I'm still pretty clueless on most of the new (to GTS that is) tracks :dunce:. I'm happy to start on 0/0 though.

I'll pick up a few of the cars on the list and try them out. Couple of questions:

Other than the race winners (no danger of that here) do you stick with the same car for the session or are changes allowed?
I assume cars are stock other than the power/weight changes?

I've tweaked the cars as follows:

That's their baseline. You'll need to add your own Kerfuffle-based handicap onto that to start with, and then tweak after each race if you're 1st, demi-first, last and vice-last:

Every driver also has their own personal starting BOP based on the values the Kerfuffle holds for you :D These are:
-3% - @Sparkz_360, "Schosse12" (lose 3% power, add 3% weight)
-2% - @Zolon32 @AndreasR (lose 2% power, add 2% weight)
-1% - -
0% - @Famine, @Venari, @daan
+1% - @buybon355, @IfAndOr (add 1% power, lose 1% weight)
+2% - @Sutsagrd, @Woodski_427 (add 2% power, lose 2% weight)
After every race:
* Winner loses 2% power and gains 2% weight on top of their current handicap
* Second loses 1% power and gains 1% weight,
* Second-last gains 1% power and loses 1% weight
* Last gains 2% power and loses 2% weight

Last edited:
Sorry chaps, I had a bit of a dicky stomach so I thought I'd better give it a miss - just in case I had to rush off! :crazy:

If you run it again sometime (since @Famine has spent some time tweaking), I've got all the cars.

Did you join in @Woodski_427? If so how's it go?

Did you join in @Woodski_427? If so how's it go?

Yes, I befriended @Famine to get in...ermmm, let's just say the title of the thread proved to be prophetic :lol:.

It was clear that a few weeks back in the game doesn't make up 18 months off - not that I was ever as good as most of these guys but at least I'd be on the tarmac :ouch::indiff:. Everyone was in good humour though, and it's all good practice.

Maybe a new BOP category of "You Suck" would be handy 💡.

Although I did get 2nd in a Route X demolition derby, so I'll take that :sly:.

Last edited:
So in case anyone missed the reference, and my Viper liveries, this:
Was the "US vs UK" (commonly shortened to USUK) championship from GT1, but with cars in GT Sport - the Vantage replaced the DB7, the Tuscan replaced the Griffith, and the newer Camaro/Corvette/Viper took the place of the older ones.

The SRT10 seemed a bit overpowered - I'd balanced them off on a mixed circuit, but it seemed that once the SRT10 got to 100mph it just sodded off never to be seen again. Except at La Sarthe No Chicane, where @knukken joined us, at which the interstellar gearbox of the C7 had the upper hand, even if the brakes are poo (really odd that they're fine down to about 70/80mph and then just rubbish.

It was actually a decent mix of cars, although I'd need to wind that SRT down a little bit more. And sort my liveries out.

@Woodski_427 If you get a chance, it might be worth doing some of the Circuit Experience events to refamiliarise yourself with Sport's tracks (and discover the newer ones!). Autopolis is a bit of a pig to jump straight into, with all its off-camber corners (for most of them you get the braking done early then roll off the brakes as you turn into the corner; works for me :D ), and we do tend to just do a track vote each time because it's funny so you might end up somewhere you'll only have seen popping up on the GTP news page.

The Mach40s are a good bit of winding down mayhem. Tactical, but chaotic :D

I'll post up a Kerfuffle car list shortlyish - it'll be shorter and simpler than the old 32-car list, but I might plonk a new one or two in there as well.

Except at La Sarthe No Chicane, where @knukken joined us, at which the interstellar gearbox of the C7 had the upper hand, even if the brakes are poo (really odd that they're fine down to about 70/80mph and then just rubbish.
Ironically, that'd be the race that I switched out of the C7....

I won't make it next week as I'm down Oxford way for a wedding.

It was clear that a few weeks back in the game doesn't make up 18 months off
I'm not a full time GTer, I play more Pcars2, so I'm not that on song with it as the guys who play it regularly either. You'll often find me coming up the rear! But as long as we're having fun it's not a problem.

at least I'd be on the tarmac
Vote for an off road track, there's no tarmac for anyone then.

Autopolis is a bit of a pig
Did @Venari enjoy it as much as he usually does?

I think my stomach has settled down. I've not eaten anything for 29 hours on the principal that the less you put in the less you get out. It seems to have worked. Good for weight loss to.

I've not really had time to prep the Kerfuffle because of the real kerfuffle over in New York (well worth the watch, that one), but we could do another week of throwback fun perhaps?

I'm thinking:

Honda NSX Type R '92
Mazda RX-7 (FD) Spirit R Type A '02
*Mitsubishi GTO Twin Turbo '91
Nissan Skyline (R33) GT-R V-Spec '97
*Subaru Impreza WRX STI Type R Version VI '99
Toyota Supra RZ '97

Straightforward, six-race pick'n'mix, with all tracks randomised by voting and Kerfuffle handicap (I won't bother with adding the rolling handicap value this time). There's two new DLC cars in there, but they're not asspensive.

Then we can perhaps do something a little madder on Wet Bull Ring and close out with Mach40s if there's time. Also did everyone see the Super Formula race at Blue Moon Bay in the World Tour repechage?

Yep, first time I've watched any of that live. Oval was bonkers, didn't feel like it did the whole competition any justice.

Saw fraga lifting up the hill into radillion, poor show. 5 secs was rather lenient.

Whole thing was a good watch though, really enjoyed it.

I'll buy those extra cars for tonight

Here's a few shots from Austria in the 90s Japanese classics (haven't had a lot of time so they're basic shots):

A combination of 2nd on the grid, 4WD launch and a 'You Suck' level Kerfuffle BOP (tm) sees me lead for most of lap 1.

1a_RR_RBR_lap1.jpg

Until the inevitable

2_RR_RBR_lap1.jpg

At Rindt @Famine uses the, errr, "full width of the track" as he tries to tame the RX7 while @IfAndOr goes for a lazy pirouette on the apron, perhaps forgetting that the engine is behind him; @Sutsagrd gladly accepts the gift of 5th place.

1c_RR_RBR_lap1_off.jpg

@buybon355 extends the lead, as I hold on to second with the favourable BOP. And Famine is at it again...

3_RR_RBR_lap1end.jpg

On the tight corners, a bit of drift seems to be the technique of choice for the Skyline; @Sparkz_360 exploits my poor execution and heads of to join Buybon

4_RR_RBR_lap3_skydrift.jpg

Constant probing at my back door by Famine's purple weapon finally took its toll and my mistake into Wurth let him through on lap 4

5_RR_RBR_lap4_fam.jpg

Famine stormed laps 3-5 and closes in on the leaders - after getting the measure of the screaming Mazda. Buybon, though holds on for the win after a few looks and a bit of off-roading by Sparkz.

6_RR_RBR_lap5win.jpg

IfAndOr has made a good comeback after the spin; he goes for it onto the final straight, but there just isn't enough distance to the line despite Suts having the weakest car on the grid.

7_RR_RBR_lap5_if-suts.jpg

Last edited:
Back