Racers Reunited: GT Career Mode Challenge

• Thread starter Zolon32
  • 1,386 comments

When free is for do race best?

• Total voters
Good recipe, Famine. Fun mixed up racing. Are you rocking back and forth in the corner?

AdiBPrO_d.jpg

Who'd have known it, you're a big ole softy. And there's nowt wrong with that.

(Is that a broom behind you in the lefthand image? Having you been trying to sweep your sorrows away?)

Group 3 Road Cars at Sardegna A , 2019-09-10 (Part 1)

No Peugeot on the grid for this one; 2 Alfas, 3 Mazdas, a C7 and a Mustang.

@buybon355 gets off the line superbly from the second row to take the lead.

20190911203227.jpg

Early drama for @daan as he struggles with the Mazda...

20190911203249.jpg

...and catapults across the track in front of a startled @IfAndOr, into the barrier - and last place.

20190911203323.jpg

Then team mate @Venari hits the grass, collects @Sparkz_360 and dumps him into the Armco, while Daan is again off the tarmac (despite the big yellow clue-giving arrows). The leaders head to 'Church Corner', where BuyBon bounces off the barrier

20190911203327.jpg

but retains the lead.

20190911203332.jpg

The drivers get their rhythm after the early shenanigans.

20190911203337.jpg

The lengthy start/finish straight favours the American torque.

20190911203351.jpg

At the end of the straight, Ifandor takes @Sutsagrd in a lovely out-braking manoeuvre and the Mustang drops in menacingly behind.

edit - just noticed Venari is ghosted in background, but I don't know why!

20190911203409.jpg

The awkward, reducing right-hander sees the rally style adopted by me..

20190911203419.jpg

...and somewhat majestically by IfAndOr; Sparkz is all over Suts like a cheap suit as they take the more traditional line.

20190911203424.jpg

Last edited:
Group 3 Road Cars at Sardegna A , 2019-09-10 (Part 2)

And into the depths of lap 2...

Maybe @IfAndOr just slowed too much for @Sutsagrd...maybe he brake-checked...maybe Suts doesn't like Vettes...maybe we'll never know. Suts tapped IfAndOr into the Armco, but was then himself punted by @Sparkz_360. Maybe Sparkz was caught out...maybe he sensed and opportunity...

All we do know is that Sparkz and @Venari profited as the revellers in the Blimp enjoyed the antics from above, and the marshal didn't see nothin', capisce?

20190911203430.jpg

Now with only clear road between him and me in second place, Sparkz turns it up. Bearing scars from the 'accident' he runs wide on to the grass but those alien reflexes prevent any contact with the barrier.

20190911203435.jpg

Meanwhile, Suts goes all Predator on @daan - confusing the hell out of him and forcing himto pass the on the turf. It looks like Suts its finding the Mazda hard work.

20190912125032.jpg

Lap 3 - Sparkz inevitably took P2 under braking at the end of the straight, and is now chasing down the leader.

The awkward, reducing right-hander sees the rally style adopted by me...FFS...who runs wide on to grass, letting Venari and IfAndOr through.

20190911203445.jpg

Relative calm befalls the rest of lap 3, but IfAndor again takes advantage of the 'Vette's straight line prowess to regain P3 at the start of lap 4.

20190911203455.jpg

Somewhere in 4, it was hard to tell whether the evil Mazda was trying to kill Suts, or if he was trying to kill the hated car.

20190912125036.jpg

Until now @buybon355 has had a comfortable race, but a blistering lap 3 into 4 sees the Sparkz Mustang battling for the win in the closing stages.

20190911203508.jpg

Almost neck-and-neck in the final turn

20190911203512.jpg

But Sparks doesn't have the line and pushes the Wild Horse wide, clipping the barrier and losing momentum.

20190911203517.jpg

Leaving Buybon with the Chequered Flag by just over a car length.

20190911203549.jpg

But the excitement isn't over!

Despite being on for a comfortable podium finish, IfAndOr inexplicably dives for a late pit entry just as the winners cross the line - to finish the race on the limiter.

20190911203607.jpg

Leaving the shock final result:

1 Buybon - Alfa 4C
2 Sparkz - Mustang
3 Venari - Mazda 6
4 Woodkski - Alfa 4C
5 Daan - Mazda 6
6 IfandOr - Corvette C7
7 Suts - Mazda 666

Last edited:
Brilliant write up @Woodski_427.

It looks like Suts its finding the Mazda hard work.
Yep!!!!!:confused:

Somewhere in 4, it was hard to tell whether the evil Mazda was trying to kill Suts, or if he was trying to kill the hated car.
Car was definitely trying to kill me!!! :crazy:
But made worse by the fact I had no idea where the track was going despite 6 hellish laps. :eek:
And I’m a bit rubbish at this! :scared:

Great piccys.
:cheers:

Ideas for Tuesday anyone? I don't know what you've already done - but what about a single model as I guess no one is going full Famine to create a balanced mix up.

Mini Cooper- might need stoking up.
Fugu Z
AE86 pair
90s Civic

I'm at a thing today I thought was Thursday but isn't, so I had to Wednesday my Monday and haven't had a Monday to plan a thing. I'll be home at 2-3 and will come up with an inexpensive thing if we don't have anything else planned.

I'm at a thing today I thought was Thursday but isn't, so I had to Wednesday my Monday and haven't had a Monday to plan a thing. I'll be home at 2-3 and will come up with an inexpensive thing if we don't have anything else planned.
My brain has shut down, but we could - to mark the occasion where a braggard says his car is faster than another one but won't prove it - race the Tesla Model S at wherever everyone votes for?

Or sticking with the inexpensive theme, what would be the most bhp per credit in stock form? Might take some working out so maybe not one for tonight.

I'm just fearing the brake release over steer I remember this car having the last time I used it at Fuji.

I've just spent hard-earned credits on one :ill:.

I'm just fearing the brake release over steer I remember this car having...

Yes you remember well :lol:. Brake early and straight I'd say, it's a butt-heavy porker:ouch:. Good grip from mid corner though - so something be positive :dopey:.

I've had an evil idea - and my foot just fell off - which I'll reveal AFTER qualifying :D

my foot just fell off
Are you Kevin Bacon?

Anyway, I was killing time playing wreckfest until just before half 8 and was just about to join in when the wife came home and we started talking about how I'm going to have to apply for my own job again. Ended up just having an early night.

I'm going to have to apply for my own job again
Ahh, that's always a riot that. Had it happen at the school I left - after I left it, thankfully.

So last night's evil plan was a team-up. After qualifying at Willow Springs: Big Willow in the Teslas, everyone got a partner - 1st and 6th, 2nd and 5th, 3rd and 4th - and kept them through the evening. 1-3 place got positive points (+6, +4, +2), while 4-6 got the same points but negative, and each race was reverse grid. That meant the faster driver could just sod off and hope their teammate finished well, or drop back a bit and help by blocking or bump-drafting, or the slower driver could be the cork in the bottle to maximise the faster driver's points... or teamkill, as it turned out.

Race 1 - Willow Springs Big Willow
Team Fambon* - +6, -4 - +2
Team Ifsuts - +4, -2 - +2
Team Venwood - +2, -6 - -4

Race 2 - Sardegna Road Track B
FB - +6, -2 - +4; +6
IS - +2, -6 - -4; -2
VW - +4, -4 - 0; -4

Race 3 - Lago Maggiore GP
FB - +4, -4 - 0; +6
IS - +2, -2 - 0; -2
VW - +6, -6 - 0; -4

Race 4 - Mount Panorama
FB - +4, +2 - +6; +12
VW - +6, -4 +2; -2
IS - -2, -6 - -8; -10

Race 5 - Dragon Trail Seaside
FB - +6, +4 - +10; +22
VW - -2, -6 - -8; -10
IS - +2, -4 - -2; -12

Which I think proves that @buybon355 doesn't like Big Willow. Also nobody got any points from Lago Maggiore, despite being one of the most entertaining races ever.

*Team Buymine looks like an advert

Last edited:
If @Woodski_427 hadn't set a last-gasp 4th place Q-time at Willow Springs, we'd have been Famwood (0pt), Vengard (-4pt) and Ifbon (+4pt) :lol:

Anyway I just woke up. What do we want to muck about with this week?

Edit: I feel the need for speed. Let's do N600 with stock-BOP and SMeds. Winner can't re-use that car, track vote each race (with a points deduction for anyone voting for Horse Thief Mile), blah blah etc. There's a couple of 4WD options available that way too.

Last edited:
If @Woodski_427 hadn't set a last-gasp 4th place Q-time at Willow Springs, we'd have been Famwood (0pt), Vengard (-4pt) and Ifbon (+4pt) :lol:

Anyway I just woke up. What do we want to muck about with this week?

Edit: I feel the need for speed. Let's do N600 with stock-BOP and SMeds. Winner can't re-use that car, track vote each race (with a points deduction for anyone voting for Horse Thief Mile), blah blah etc. There's a couple of 4WD options available that way too.

:dopey:

Back