Racers Reunited: GT Career Mode Challenge

• Thread starter Zolon32
  • 1,386 comments

When free is for do race best?

• Total voters
This week we're racing any car you feel like, up to a maximum value of 70,000cr. I'll probably put it on Smeds, and if you win in a car you can't use it again.

I have something else daft in mind, but I need to test it between tea and 8pm, so *shrug*

Last edited:
Two hours ago, the 469mb V7 system software download said it had 111 minutes to go. It still says it's got 29 minutes to go. I wouldn't wait for me...

My internet sucks.

This week we're racing any car you feel like, up to a maximum value of 70,000cr. I'll probably put it on Smeds, and if you win in a car you can't use it again.

I have something else daft in mind, but I need to test it between tea and 8pm, so *shrug*
This blew. As usual, the Americans ruined everything.

How wealthy is everyone feeling? I have three things possible this week, rated as "not very expensive", "a bit of a sting", and "I hope you enjoy bread and water".

This blew. As usual, the Americans ruined everything.

How wealthy is everyone feeling? I have three things possible this week, rated as "not very expensive", "a bit of a sting", and "I hope you enjoy bread and water".

I can’t seem to get more than 12-13 million credits. So I don’t have any cars 10mill and above except the xj13 which I got as a daily car!!!
:cheers:

I don't think I've ever been above 5mil* and it's never given me a really expensive car but I may have some of those covered by "a bit of a sting".

*I'm currently at 4.6mil. I'm not saving for anything either I just spend it on cars for the RR races. My PSplus runs out in early November so I might as well have a bit of a splurge before that. I could also sell off my Gr2 cars that I bought and never used!

I should be good this week, last Tuesday was my birthday so we went to the pub for dinner:cheers: .

I've got about 15 mil but no really expensive cars.

I recommend the Tokyo Beat-Vs-Group1-rubber-band-on-the-trigger-endurance-race if you want some easy cash. You can get about 4 mil for 12 hours or 6 .8 or so mil for 24hrs I think.

not very expensive
Edit: Plan B.

Any FWD car you have. I'll cap the maximum power at 211hp, and the minimum weight is 960kg. Livery it to death.

Last edited:
Edit: Plan B.

Any FWD car you have. I'll cap the maximum power at 211hp, and the minimum weight is 960kg. Livery it to death.

And I went and did a 'special' livery on the Fit at lunch time :rolleyes: :lol:. Does it reach those specs?

What tyres?

And I went and did a 'special' livery on the Fit at lunch time :rolleyes: :lol:. Does it reach those specs?
Yes, yes it does.

However - and I didn't realise this at first - the hybrid system on it makes absolutely no difference whatsoever.

I was doing a clever thing that we used to do at LANs with the Algore Eco Challenge, where you could opt to run the fastest car (a Prius) at full tilt until it ran out of battery then hope you had enough lead, or preserve the battery with lift and coast and hope you could make it last. But the Fit's battery expires after about 3'30 (depending on track) and there's no difference.

I went and tested it at SSRX, and there's actually zero change in the car's speed or acceleration when the hybrid system runs out.

What tyres?
Sport Soft.

Welp, I've now got the blog to manage and stuff, so my testing time is getting more and more limited than it already was. Anyone else got any ideas?

I'll run up a Kerfuffle probably, which anyone can manage, but after that I'm likely either a no-show or a "tell me what to drive" each week.

Congrats on the blog.

I’m never on time and have no original thought so I doubt I’d do a good job taking over. Happy to give my 2 pennies worth. Also in midst of major building works to our house so my attendance and internet may be patchy!

I’ll still try to be there on Tuesday’s to support whoever takes it over.
:cheers:

Welp, I've now got the blog to manage and stuff, so my testing time is getting more and more limited than it already was.
With the GTPL final last weekend and the FIA WT this weekend, among everything else, I've predictably had toss all time to prep anything for tonight.

Stock MX-5 Touring Cars, vote for track? Start on Race Hards, winner goes down a tyre grade?

Can't make tonight again. I think my attendance will be patchy until after 'December'. I've got a big house project on, and some garden produce processing :dopey:. Quince gin tonight :cheers:.

The Demio might be an opportunity for something amusing. If we can sort a balanced field of Abarth 500, Alfa Romeo MiTo, Honda Fit, Suzuki Swift and Mazda Demio - maybe the R53 Mini as well - there could be some good N100 momentumy racing in there.

Last edited:
I had a night of utter suck yesterday. Interruptions and lack of talent hampered fun. But giggles were still had.

I'm going to have to apply for my own job again.
I have successfully attained my own job back again. In the past, my late night was a Monday, but we are now not open late on Mondays anymore, so my late night has been changed to a Tuesday. I realise I'm not here most nights anyway, but this kills my attendance here completely. :(

Back