Racers Reunited: GT Career Mode Challenge

• Thread starter Zolon32
  • 1,386 comments

When free is for do race best?

• Total voters
It was fun, liked it a lot! Had a bit of a struggle without the asm on, but that really changes the game a lot. Mutch more exciting to drive, Thanks for setting it up Zolon, and thanks to the other gents for baring with my lack of skills :guilty:

It was fun, liked it a lot! Had a bit of a struggle without the asm on, but that really changes the game a lot. Mutch more exciting to drive, Thanks for setting it up Zolon, and thanks to the other gents for baring with my lack of skills :guilty:

Thanks Koutch, I thought you went really well 👍

Tonight folks, we're taking N200s to Colorado Springs, Lake, for some dirty action. Don't worry about clouds of dust ruining visibility, it's miles better on GTS than it was on GT6 in that respect. Tuning will be prohibited, but BoP isn't working (I don't know why), so there'll be a fair spread of performance car-wise. Just bring something fast!

Cheers, Zo.

Sorry I didn't show up tonight Zo.
Was gonna try and jump in but couldn't convince my mates to do so too.:grumpy:
So I raced with them.
The thing is...I know they'd enjoy racing with RR what ever it is.

However......
The next 8 or so Tuesday night's are a different matter (and a different thread).
I'll see you there.:scared:

That event was a great idea, Zo, now we all have had enough bumps for the next eight weeks or so. Was really great fun - thanks everyone.

Thanks Andreas, it went better than I'd expected. I could get well into using the dirt tracks.

Japanese diplomat, coming through!

Fortunately your Diplomatic immunity saves you from the terrible fate that should befall someone who drives that tank!

Just a couple of piccis

Charge!
charge (2).jpg

Impressive grid... Hang on a minute, who's the cheat with the helicopter?

cheetin drone.jpg

Goofy's nice fancy Clio and Suts' ... plain Clio

fancy clio.jpg

The TT club...

tt club.jpg

Colin's nicely painted Alfa, and Suts' plain Clio

fancy alfa.jpg

Levitating car seen at Colorado Springs...

levitating car.jpg

Zo's tricked up TT and Suts'... oh, this is getting ridiculous!

plain clio.jpg

That's better, Colin's fancy Alfa, and Suts' custom painted Toyota 2000... Wait a minute!

Toy 2000.jpg

:)

That's better, Colin's fancy Alfa, and Suts' custom painted Toyota 2000... Wait a minute!

Considering how rubbish my driving was last night I thought it best not to attract attention with a glitzy livery...obviously it didn't help. You found me anyway!! :scared:

Great fun even with the open room. I'm surprised you didn't kick me out Zo!!:D

:cheers:

Excellent fun. I've just quit the Group 4 race though because I think my head was still on the dirt.

Hi folks, welcome back to RR casual racing.

This coming Tuesday we'll be using N200s around Yamagiwa reverse, on C/S tyres. There's around a million to choose from, to suit all tastes, from classics to brand new rollerskates.

We'll have four shortish races, reverse grids, and BoP will be on. Should be fun.

Cheers, Zo.

However, the title says “Tuesday 6th April” when the 6th of April is Friday :confused: this coming Tuesday is the 3rd.
I think that maybe with the recent time change Zo might have mistakingly put his clocks forward by 3 days. Easily done.

@Zolon32 looking forward to this!

However, the title says “Tuesday 6th April” when the 6th of April is Friday :confused: this coming Tuesday is the 3rd.

Thanks Sparkz. I blame it on my age. There's no fool like an old fool, so they say.

N200s that were originally N200s, or N200s from anywhere?

If it can get into a N200 room it's welcome Famine. The greater the variety the better as far as I'm concerned. I'll be giving my new, old M3 a run, although I've a feeling that it's going to be dog slow.

Easily done.

Right on brother, although not a single one of my (all cheap) watches has been move on the hour yet. I just love being confused I guess.

Cheers, Zo.

As beeing a victim of the T500 issue I won´t be able to join today. Hopefully the next update will fix it.
Have a nice one, cheers

As beeing a victim of the T500 issue I won´t be able to join today. Hopefully the next update will fix it.
Have a nice one, cheers

A update was announced earlier today so here’s hoping your issues and other Thrustmaster owners will be resolved. :cheers:

Have a nice one, cheers

Bad news Andreas. I hope they resolve it soon.

@Zolon32 what tracks we running on tonight?

Yamagiwa II Sparkz. We generally stick with one track through the evening so that everyone gets right up to speed with it.

One note of change tonight chaps. Having tried a couple of N200s, I think that most people would prefer S/H tyres over the C/S, so that's what we'll go for. (Might try C/S for one of the races, but my guess is that S/H will be the preferred option.)

Cheers, Zo.

I've done some tweaks to my settings* and GTS is feeling much better to me now. Even on CS tyres!
So much like Arnie, I'll be back.

I may well still be at the back crashing but it will feel better. :)

* Some FFB alterations and modifying my G27 brake peddle to suit my G29 - I wasn't getting proper travel I found.
But mainly turning off my pro's super sampling option which strangely seemed to bring the wheel back to life! And return the sound. Odd.

I even took my mic apart in an attempt to fix the buzzing. That may or may not have worked.

I've done some tweaks to my settings* and GTS is feeling much better to me now

Great news Paul 👍

By the way chaps, another little tweak for tonight; once you've won a race with a certain car, then you're banned from that car for ever! (Tonight anyway)

Cheers, Zo.

PS4 in a box. I am in decorating purgatory. Normal service will be resumed when the paint fumes dissipate.

Yamagiwa felt like it was an exercise in banning motors as much as a race meeting. Next time I set something up in a group category I'll pick three or four specific cars that have similar lap times.

@Sparkz_360 do you have something you'd like to arrange for next week?

Cheers, Zo.

Yamagiwa felt like it was an exercise in banning motors as much as a race meeting. Next time I set something up in a group category I'll pick three or four specific cars that have similar lap times.

@Sparkz_360 do you have something you'd like to arrange for next week?

Cheers, Zo.
Yes. I’ll come up with something, it’s my day off tomorrow so I’ll have time (finally). :cheers:

I would have but I’m away until Monday so won’t have much time. Would you mind doing it please.

I’ve just put some thoughts down.

There’s many to choose from!
American classics, Japanese and / or European.

Personally I love the Pantera, alpine and Toyota 2000gt. However they’ll be hard to BoP!! As we were saying on Tuesday perhaps just have a same make/model race around maybe real world circuits? My favourite fantasy ones are Dragon and maggiorre but I’m happy with whatever you snd other racers think will be fun and close!!

Thanks.
:cheers:

Good news! This coming Tuesday, we will be using the RedBull Junior. Running 10 minute races at:
Dragon Trail
Lago Maggiore GP Circuit &
Big Willow on SS tyres.
This should be an absolute blast, this car is sublime to drive.
Tyre wear will be at 10X, fuel depletion at 8X.
Lobby will be open at 20:30BST, race will kick off at 20:45BST.
Looking forward to this. :cheers:
(Oh and tuning will be prohibited)
20180407002204.jpg

Last edited:
Back