Racers Reunited: GT Career Mode Challenge

• Thread starter Zolon32
  • 1,386 comments

When free is for do race best?

• Total voters
I've always viewed the sawn off tracks as inferior
I quite like the shorter varieties, the laps are quicker. :)
The East II isn't bad either.

Sorry I didn't make it yesterday. My dodgy lower back went twang in the morning when picking up the cat! Not a bad full twang but enough to give me a bit of grief and make me cautious of sudden movements. I did try sitting in the chair and wrestling with the wheel for a bit but decided to err on the side of caution in the end. I'd even got the Enzo, but luckily via the wheel of fortune.
It was still painful this morning but has eased considerably during the day. So fingers crossed.

My GTS online has been very odd anyway. I just can't seem to get the same grip or ffb feel that I do offline. I'm wallowing around at the back unable to keep up. Offline I can hit my braking points and apexes, online I'm nowhere near. It's very strange and somewhat annoying. I might try staying out of the party just to see if that helps.
My Project car-ing online is just fine. I've even beat Jammy and Simba recently so I'm not that bad. ;)

I'd had just one short go in it, and didn't like it much.
How about visiting another car that I remember you saying that you weren't very impressed with - the (group X!) Honda project 2 & 4.

It looked interesting and I was after a LCC Rocket replacement so I thought I'd try one, but like you I wasn't initially very keen. There was very little excitement to it. Although now after a bit of experimentation it's much improved.

Increase the weight to maximum - 603kg
This greatly improves the handling and feel. It was too skittish before.

Increase the power to maximum (without upgrade) - 245bhp
This compensates for the extra weight and can be used for handicapping.

Now that would do it to generally improve the car but I found the gearbox was somewhat slow which seemed to be at odds with the nature of the car. A bit like the Rocket in fact.

So keeping it as simple as possible. Fit the full gearbox and...
  • Increase top speed to 155mph (250kph)
  • Move all the gear sliders fully to the right, EXCEPT for 6th gear which you leave alone.
  • Don't touch the final drive.
That's it.

Works great on these shorter tracks.

Maggiore - East II or Centre II
Kyoto - Miyabi
Tokyo - Inner Central Loop. Yes Tokyo! Twilight is beautiful!!
BB Raceway II
Tsukuba
Suzuka east

On CS it's certainly fun but SH might be better for closer racing. The fantasy tracks seem to be grippier than the real ones.

Give it a few laps to get used to the subtle edge of grip slides, I think you'll like it a bit more than before. I'd say it feels very much more like a Rocket now. Well offline anyway!

And drive it with the "interior" view, it's great. My favourite so far.

Last edited:
My GTS online has been very odd anyway. I just can't seem to get the same grip or ffb feel that I do offline. I'm wallowing around at the back unable to keep up. Offline I can hit my braking points and apexes, online I'm nowhere near. It's very strange and somewhat annoying. I might try staying out of the party just to see if that helps.
My Project car-ing online is just fine. I've even beat Jammy and Simba recently so I'm not that bad. ;)

I'd been mystified by your pace myself Paul; something definitely seemed wrong. What wheel you using?

Honda project 2 & 4.

I'll give that a go.

Got a few piccis...

"AHAA! I'VE ALREADY SAVED TWO LITRES OF FUEL, SUCKERS!"

antelope I saved 2 litres.jpg

Stars and stripes takes on a car with a more Caribbean theme.

Antelope stars and stripes takes on some carribean theme.jpg

Goofy and Andreas, as usual...

Antelope Goofy and Andreas, as usual.jpg

Joined in battle by Mark.

Antelope Vinarri gets involved.jpg

Suts uses every inch, without touching the wall. Pretty good!

antelope suts missing wall.jpg

Sparkz giving chase.

Antelope sparkz giving chase.jpg

BIT OF A COCK-UP ALERT!

Chaps, as you may have seen, I listed the Ferrari BB among the classics we'll be using on Tuesday. Turns out that it's just a bit too quick to comfortably fit in. I have therefore turned, for our European representative, to the glorious sounding (but dog slow) M3 EVO from 1989. I realise that this doesn't quite match the age of the other two motors, but it is from the last century, and undoubtably a classic.

classics.jpg

So, these are our motors for our three races at Maggiore East II.

Tuning will be prohibited, but 'level up' adjustments have to be made...

BMW, 121% power. 112% weight.

Toyota, 192% power, 118% weight.

Chevvy, 95% power, 98%weight.

These settings put the Chevvy ahead of the Toyota, which is ahead of the BMW in respect of lap times.

We will use the Endurance, 20 minute setting for each race.

For the first race we'll have fuel and tyres degrading at 2X, and will all use the Toyota.

For the second race, those who came 1st and 2nd will get the BMW to heave around the track, listening to the beautifully urgent, but utterly gutless, engine. Good luck to them!
Those who came last, or second last, will be allowed to luxuriate in the lazy sounding, but diabolically grunty Chevvy. All others will continue in the Toyota.

For that race tyres and fuel will bugger off at 4X.

For the third race some will switch cars again, as per the second race, i.e. 1st and 2nd in the second race will then take on the BMW, last and 2nd last take the Chevvy. In this case tyres and fuel will disappear at an alarming rate, 6X!

Sports Hard tyres will be distributed down the pit lane, and we'll all start with just 50 litres of fuel in each race :lol:. I've no idea how far that will get us :lol:, but variety is the spice of life, as they say.

Speaking of which, please state your preference for grid start or tight rolling start as we used last week. I really don't mind which.

Oh, and by the way, we will, of course, be using reverse grids (can't be having those tosspots in their puny BMWs getting in everybody's way :)).

Onwards and upwards chaps, just got to go and take some medication, it seems to be wearing off...

Cheers, Zo.

Sports Hard tyres will be distributed down the pit lane, and we'll all start with just 50 litres of fuel in each race :lol:. I've no idea how far that will get us :lol:
The finish line :D

What wheel you using
Logitech G29 with settings of torque 4 and sensitivity 3. Which has I said works fine in the single player modes. The Honda, for instance, I'm using it without ABS throwing it around and catching slides easily.
I've had the floaty feel online before in GT5 & 6 (as I believe others did), but only occasionally. I've had it constantly in GTS! :irked:

I'd given the Pantera a run out in a few arcade races prior to Tuesday and I found it surprisingly agile, I could shift it around the circuits without too much trouble at all. But come race time it was like piloting a yacht! I couldn't get it to brake or turn anything like in the offline testing and there was much less feel through my wheel. After we'd finished I set up a custom race using the tyre wear and grip settings from online to see if that would have an effect, but that again felt fine with the "feel" returning to the car. I then setup a online lobby, again using the race settings, and that too felt fine. I was able to match my off line times. Strange.

I haven't got any of those cars. I'll have to go and check my wallet. And indeed milage points.

Keep taking the pills. :P

I've had a similar problem and that's what's stopping me from racing onlline at the moment.
Braking points changing lap to lap and strange handling.
I think it's a problem with the GTS servers, sometimes it's ok but its mostly not.

I'm relegated to just getting my daily mileage on GT Sport, then moving onto the PC for R3E.

Hey Zo and all, I don´t think I will have the time to join you tonight as I need to practice for my race tomorrow :guilty:
See you next week :cheers:

Hey Zo and all, I don´t think I will have the time to join you tonight as I need to practice for my race tomorrow :guilty:
See you next week :cheers:
Hi Zo

I’m sorry but family commitments means I can’t join in tonight.

Have fun racing.

:cheers:

That's unfortunate chaps. Good luck with tomorrow's race Goofy.

We might go for a public room, with simplified regs tonight chaps if we're going to be down on numbers. So stand by for last minute changes, sorry.

Cheers, Zo.

I'm not sure if/when I'll be on tonight as it's Mini-Me's 17th birthday.

But as it's her 17th, she'll probably want to spend it doing anything else than having time with her parents...

In the meantime, here's a thing we made:

Last edited:
We might go for a public room, with simplified regs tonight
In that case to save my credits I'll hold off my purchasing until nearer the time. Although saying that it's nearing the time already.
They'll probably be wallowing around the track anyway. :indiff:

In the meantime, here's a thing we made
That's a lot of quick and enraged gear changing. Even in the autos!

I'm not sure if/when I'll be on tonight as it's Mini-Me's 17th birthday.

Thanks for the heads up Famine.

Okay folks, it's definitely going to be a public room tonight. And to save Paul's dosh we'll use only the 1969 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray. It's 50K.

Tuning will be prohibited, but there will be some extra grunt and weight reduction, just to add spice.

I'll set the room to max power/min weight, just run to them.

Cheers, Zo.

Greetings all. Sorry I've been neglecting the thread this week, I've found myself to be up to my ears with other things.

Anyway, thankfully last week Mark suggested using the BMW M3 Evo '89 around Dragon's Trail, Gardens. Judging by how many folks on my friends list had a bash at the Gr3 Sport event there yesterday, I think that it must be a very popular track. Good.

We'll have S/H tyres on, and the degradation will rise with each race. Let's see if we can get Famine to venture into the pits.

Cheers, Zo.

Let's see if we can get Famine to venture into the pits.
Nope :D

So, if we're going to be doing a Kerfuffle next week, there's quite the car list. I have 32 in total on the list, although I am likely to cut two eventually. This is a practice event though, as I'm testing a new formula which takes into account race time. Suffice to say, it's ridiculously complicated to set up, but really easy to run.

The most expensive car on the list will be the M3 we just used this week. Otherwise it's largely cheap, but with 32 cars it soon adds up. If you're short of money, concentrate on the middle cars (F150 to R33 GT-R) and then add the fast cars if you think you're slow (Evo X to R8) and the slow cars if you think you're fast (Golf to Swift). All will be stock and on Sport Hards, so you won't need to spend any Mi points. The list, from slowest to fastest is:

Suzuki Swift Sport
Mazda Roadster S
Alfa Romeo MiTo 1.4 T Sport
Mazda Atenza Sedan XD L Package
BMW i3

Peugeot RCZ GT Line
Toyota 86 GT
BMW M3 Sport Evolution
Peugeot 208 GTI by Peugeot Sport
Volkswagen Golf VII GTI

Ford F-150 SVT Raptor
Dodge Challenger R/T
Toyota 86 GRMN
Ford Mustang Mach 1
Ford Focus ST
Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Convertible (C3)
Renault Sport Megane RS Trophy
Toyota Supra RZ
Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type A (FD)
Subaru WRX STI Type S
Honda Civic Type R
Nissan Skyline GT-R V-spec (R33)

Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Final Edition
Alpine A110 Premiere Edition
De Tomaso Pantera
Mercedes-Benz A45 AMG 4MATIC
Ferrari 512BB

Lexus LC500
Audi TTS Coupe
Aston Martin V8 Vantage S
BMW M4 Coupe
Audi R8 4.2 FSI R Tronic

What an inspired choice that was by Mark. Bloody fantastic! Man, I would really be happy to do a six week/twelve race series with that motor. Every single clean lap at racing speeds feels like such an achievement :lol:

Superb videos @Venari and @daan . My photos probably don't bring it to life quite as well, but I've done them now, so here goes...

Clean first corner, yippee!

Gard these cars do lean.jpg

Just an action pic.

Gard not sure.jpg

Nice elevation changes.

Gard nice elevation changes.jpg

Sparkz and Andreas were the class of the field.

Gard Sparkz Vs Andreas.jpg

Sparkz checks his mirrors.

Gard Sprkz checks his mirrors.jpg

BB chucks it in to the corner. (And is that Zo taking a lunge?)

Gard BB chucks it in.jpg

Famine puts in a dazzling performance.

Gard Dazzles.jpg

But not all the time. (Nicely dodged Mark)

Gard Famine slides.jpg

Phantom car seen driving wrong way round the circuit!

Gard Phantom car.jpg

Mark throws dust in Daan's face.

Gard throwing dust.jpg

And entertains himself getting out of the slow corner.

Gard that tricky corner exit.jpg

A bit like Daan.

Gard Daan.jpg

I tried to find the best angle to shoot Suts' car.

Gard tried to get best angle for suts.jpg

And I think I got it...

Gard best angle for suts.jpg

Cheers folks. I hope that kerfuffle goes as well as the M3. See you in a week or so..

Zo.

Last edited:
Could I have more information about this kerfuffle since I´ve never heard of it before. Or is it selfexplaining doing this tuesday test day?
Cars itself are no problem, I have them all.

Could I have more information about this kerfuffle since I´ve never heard of it before

It's dead easy Andreas, and works similar to, but much better than the Shuffle feature (which I think was in GT5).

All you have to do is turn up with the cars, and you'll get allocated one from the list after your first race. Just make sure that any one you use is set to 100% power and weight. I think you'll like it.

Cheers, Zo.

Thanks Zo,
I did start with GT6 so I don´t know the shuffle feature either. But never mind I´ll be patient and take how it comes.

Could I have more information about this kerfuffle since I´ve never heard of it before. Or is it selfexplaining doing this tuesday test day?
Cars itself are no problem, I have them all.
It's basically a hands-off handicap system that uses Excel. All that a "host" needs is the spreadsheet, and they only have to put in the drivers' names and the result of each race.

Each time a race is completed, the spreadsheet assesses where everyone is in relation to each other. It takes account of their most recent race result and their overall championship position, then assigns them a new car to do the next race, with the intent to slow them down if they're too fast or speed them up if they're too slow. It also won't let you drive the same car in two successive races. Interestingly it also seems to know if someone is sandbagging, which is odd as I never taught it that...

As @daan says, the idea is to get everyone on the same bit of road in cars that match their relative ability. It doesn't always work like that - we tend to get a couple of three-car battles - but the championships are often close enough to have 8 drivers separated by 5 points after 8 races. Everyone should be first and last in a race at some point!

V1.08 now includes an experimental race time calculation. I have no idea how well it will work, but this will allow me to test and refine while - hopefully - everyone has fun!

Sounds great Famine. Do you not fancy running it regularly on another night ? Suppose you need to get a decent crowd to commit, but I'd be up for adding another night to my gtsing
Well... it's kinda not ready yet - I'm not done with the car testing properly yet, and although I've mucked around with the calculations I don't know how well they will work in live fire. It'll be a good chance for me to try it out with a decent spread of drivers.

In theory it can work with three players, but six and up works best.

I will join you in this and I only had to buy one car :sly::cheers:

Btw. sorry Zo to leave so suddenly last week but my pollen allergy is tough right now :indiff:

I am free to buy cars and perform testing this evening.

Edit. I'm not buying a BMW i3.

Last edited:
I am free to buy cars and perform testing this evening.

Edit. I'm not buying a BMW i3.
You know you love a good EV drone. Anyway, that's just for the faster drivers...

*zing*

Back