Racers Reunited: GT Career Mode Challenge

• Thread starter Zolon32
  • 1,386 comments

When free is for do race best?

• Total voters
Bribery, it's the only explanation
Yeah it works. Good grief look I'm mid table. I like Kerfuffling.

Would the Sparkz "problem" be caused by his unfortunate disconnect from race 1 throwing a spanner in the works?

Would the Sparkz "problem" be caused by his unfortunate disconnect from race 1 throwing a spanner in the works?
Nope. For my own amusement I filled in his result later on as if he'd finished 2nd, and it still moved him from car 13 to car 14 (one car faster... in theory).

Not sure how he managed two podium finishes (one actual, one ruined cos DC) in the Raptor :lol:

Nope. For my own amusement I filled in his result later on as if he'd finished 2nd, and it still moved him from car 13 to car 14 (one car faster... in theory).

Not sure how he managed two podium finishes (one actual, one ruined cos DC) in the Raptor :lol:
I’m not sure either... :D

My broadband issues continue, so I purchased an EE 4GEE wifi box thingy and get 20mb download speed which is about 20 times faster than my cabled connection :crazy:.

I've only got 6GB of data with it so brought my PS4 to work to use the public wifi to update it to the latest patch.

The issue is that it only gets me to NAT3 and seems to be impossible to change to NAT2. I joined a sport mode race last night and it seemed to work OK, although there were some cars that didn't move, and spent the whole race sliding sideways to and fro across the track next to their start box. It's been ages since I've done a sport mode race but I assume that wasn't an issue with my connection.

My broadband issues continue, so I purchased an EE 4GEE wifi box thingy and get 20mb download speed which is about 20 times faster than my cabled connection :crazy:.

I've only got 6GB of data with it so brought my PS4 to work to use the public wifi to update it to the latest patch.

The issue is that it only gets me to NAT3 and seems to be impossible to change to NAT2. I joined a sport mode race last night and it seemed to work OK, although there were some cars that didn't move, and spent the whole race sliding sideways to and fro across the track next to their start box. It's been ages since I've done a sport mode race but I assume that wasn't an issue with my connection.

From my recollection when I run my connection through my Three phone sim (to be clear here, I used a MiFi box, incidentally this also allowed me to use my unlimited mobile data without it being registered as tethered data! - Result ;) )

This one...
1523059A-A5C7-48B9-9721-BACEC9750211.png

Back to the point, this also was using Nat 3, but it still allowed me to run online. I was sometimes not able to host or hold chat over Voice (VOIP I guess) but I could still communicate through msg etc.

Most of this was with Asseto Corsa, and then some GTSport.

In summary from my experience it should still work, i was also looking for a dedicated sim for networking at the time, so the service providers do recognise this idea of running console through there system. However once I discovered the ability to consume data without it being registered, I was set.
I have seen the issue you describe above with cars sliding around on track Last night on YouTube (forget which channel) so I would say this is not an isolated issue to your connection / situation!

Hope that helps.

Not keen on Renaults then @JockeP22 :dopey:
I'm fine with Renault, Paul. I just googled for random car puns and conveniently found those ones. : )

On the subject of our connections, I'm still using my 2004 Motorola modem with a 2004 ethernet cable! (this cable has been through a lot and still works fine). I pretty much never ever disconnect or lag on others screens.
I've been using this modem/cable combo for three or four different computers lifetimes as well as the PS3 for about four years and the PS4 for a year and a half. How they're still functioning I do not know.

I'm still using my 2004 Motorola modem
Is that the earlier steam driven one or the later electric model with valves? ;)

Not that it gives you any problems, but won't your internet provider supply you with a new modem? Especially if you've been with the same company over all those years.

Have you got your connection improved at all now @daan? NAT3, as long as it's stable, while not quite so free flowing should be ok for connecting to other lobbies. I'm not sure how much data is transferred over a session, I wouldn't think it would be too much though.

Have you got your connection improved at all now @daan? NAT3, as long as it's stable, while not quite so free flowing should be ok for connecting to other lobbies. I'm not sure how much data is transferred over a session, I wouldn't think it would be too much though.
Hopefully I'll get my cabled broadband back at some point and then I'll be back on NAT2. This EE thingy is only supposed to be a stopgap. However there are loads of problems locally with phone lines so I don't know what'll happen.

Are we going to continue carrying this forward Famine? It would be interesting to see how close the system can keep us over five or six meetings.
The only issue is consistent participation. If we drop someone out for one evening of six races, they'll be 30pt down (and averaging 10% slower than their real pace) and grossly out of position for the next evening. That might create some amusing car allocations for the rest of us, as it tries to slow us down while keeping us close together, but the absentee will get extremely boring races out the front in ludicrous cars.

It can cope with a couple of races with disconnects, or late arrivals, but much more than that and everything goes a bit loopy.

Also, I think we're all too close in terms of pace :lol: Either that or I need to tweak the vehicle boundaries slightly. I mean, to be fair, there's a 15% margin between the top and bottom cars (it's actually nearer to 20% in raw pace, but I've got the 32 cars set in 0.5% steps), and our races rarely see a gap of more than 2.5% in equal cars, so it isn't much of a surprise that we're in and out of the same few vehicles. I had a couple of ideas during race 3, so I'm going to run a few simulations with various alterations to the calculations and see what I can do to vary the car mix a bit more. Alternatively we need a couple of people who are very fast and a couple of people who are very slow :lol:

Hopefully I'll get my cabled broadband back at some point and then I'll be back on NAT2. This EE thingy is only supposed to be a stopgap. However there are loads of problems locally with phone lines so I don't know what'll happen.

I've had no tinternet since Wednesday. Phone works ok. Speaking to neighbours, they are saying the same issue. Apparently there was a cable cut at the BP, but don't know how much truth is in that.

Is that the earlier steam driven one or the later electric model with valves?
I checked inside just now and all there was in there was rubber bands and strings held together by paper clips and chewing gum. No circuitry at all, amazing how technology works sometimes.

won't your internet provider supply you with a new modem? Especially if you've been with the same company over all those years.
I actually have 'super fast' optical fiber installed in every room but I've never opted to use it,
I'm old school and feel that my ethernet cable will suffice for a while yet. My internet provider
might force me to upgrade soon though, who knows. They've laughed at me over the phone the few times
I've called tech support over the years, upon hearing I still have and use the old '04 Motorola modem.

Morning all. I believe today is ze Duo event and I also believe that @JockeP22 & (can’t remember his name) we’re suppose to pick a track for us.

Had time to pick yet?

Hi fellas. I'm going to be a long way away from my beloved PS4 this Tuesday, and won't be able to join you. Good luck with whatever you get up to, and watch out for Mark punting you off ;)

Er, no I haven't got one and unfortunately Famine's fuffling has had me spending most of my credits. But that's okay because there's a chance that I couldn't make it this evening anyway. So please carry on F40ing. :)

(I might pop in if I'm free)

I've completely lost track of time, and it unlikely I will be around tonight... I have a huge amount of work to get through :(

Enjoy

What’s up everyone. Hope you’re all well, was just wondering what we are doing for Tuesday.

& Mr @Team_SWE_1 won’t be with us for 2 and a half months, he will be in Spain enjoying himself, can’t remember who his team mate was so Mr @Zolon32 or someone will have to find a replacement.

What’s up everyone. Hope you’re all well, was just wondering what we are doing for Tuesday.

& Mr @Team_SWE_1 won’t be with us for 2 and a half months, he will be in Spain enjoying himself, can’t remember who his team mate was so Mr @Zolon32 or someone will have to find a replacement.

That´s right. I will be away for 2 1/2 months and that was one of the reasons that I withdraw from the Duo event before it started.
Have fun guys and i´m looking forward to race again when i´m back home ;)

A bit early but Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year :dopey: :cheers:

PureGT_GOOFY

Back