Racers Reunited: GT Career Mode Challenge

• Thread starter Zolon32
  • 1,386 comments

When free is for do race best?

• Total voters
I've dropped a calculation parameter from tonight's Kerfuffling. I don't know what the net result will be, but it should be greater movement and car variety - which may result in a couple of people at the front and back of later races not quite being involved in a race-long battle, but we'll see. Might take me a little while to sort out positions after race 1 though.

Also tonight's track list is comical.

1. BB Raceway - 15 laps
2. Monza - 4 laps
3. Tokyo Central - 4 laps
4. Maggiore Centre II - 5 laps
5. Red Bull Ring Short - 7 laps
6. Mount Panorama - 3 laps
7. Willow Springs: Big Willow - 5 laps
8. Nurburgring GP/F - 4 laps

Starter cars, remain the same but it depends on who turns up :D

@Team_SWE_1 - Volkswagen Golf GTI VII
@Sparkz_360 - Toyota 86 GRMN
@Zolon32 - Ford Mustang Mach 1
Famine - Ford Focus ST
@daan - Chevrolet Corvette C3
@Venari - Chevrolet Corvette C3
@JockeP22 - Renault Sport Megane RS Trophy
@buybon355 - Toyota Supra RZ
@IfAndOr - Mazda RX-7 (FD) Spirit R
@Sutsagrd - Subaru WRX STI Type S

Last edited:
So... that went a bit strange in places - I think I'll drop BB Raceway and Tokyo Central out of the rotations.

Still, the overall result after four races is:

1. @Sparkz_360 - 25pt; +0.9%
2. @Sutsagrd - 24pt; -0.3%
3. Famine - 23pt; +0.3%
4. @IfAndOr - 20pt; -0.3%
5. @Venari - 20pt; +0.3%
6. @JockeP22 - 18pt; +0.2%
7. @richroo - 14pt (one missed race though); -0.8%
8. @Zolon32 - 12pt; -0.3%

I've had an idea for v1.10 of the ET Fuffle, to artificially introduce some more car movement (that said, it shouldn't have moved @IfAndOr from car 20 to car 12 after race 1...) but I'm going to have to work on it over Christmas when I've got the time.

Sorry guys. I know this finishes by about 10pm, but that's a bit late for us and that's the reason I've not been recently. We're usually in bed just after 9.

Morning fellas, what we doing today?
I think we'll have the Toyota S-FR Concept Sparkz. S/M tyres, about 150% power, tuning prohibited, and murderous tyre wear around various Kyoto tracks. Should make for reasonably close racing, especially with power penalties for winning :)

Cheers, Zo.

I think we'll have the Toyota S-FR Concept Sparkz. S/M tyres, about 150% power, tuning prohibited, and murderous tyre wear around various Kyoto tracks. Should make for reasonably close racing, especially with power penalties for winning :)

Cheers, Zo.
150% ? It only goes up to 135... :D

Oh, you mean the road car... 200hp/1050kg

@Zolon32

This is what you do on sensible browsers:

You can monitor it on your profile on the official website, without having to rely on external sites. It's little arcane, but the steps are:

* Go to your profile (https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gtsport/user/ - you will have to log in if you are not logged in already - and then click My Profile)
* Use your web browser's "Inspect" (Chrome) or "Inspect Element" (Firefox) function - right-click, Inspect/Inspect Element (or similar equivalent on other browsers)
* In the new area of screen that pops up click "Network"
* Type "Profile" into the Filter/Filter URLs box. If nothing shows up, hit F5 to refresh the page; you will see elements loading up in the Inspect area live
* There won't be many Profile pages, but you'll need to click on one that is an XHR type file and around 1-1.3kb in size
* Click "Response" in the next panel
* Your driver and manner points (DR and SR) are listed near the end

It updates every time your game performs an online save.

In Microsoft Edge you open "Inspect Element" by pressing F12 to open the Developer Tools menu.

Thanks for the racing guys , still need to learn some tracks and get the feel for the cars ..

In Microsoft Edge you open "Inspect Element" by pressing F12 to open the Developer Tools menu.
Cheers, Famine.

Right, folks, here's the recipe for this coming Tuesday...

greddy and friend.jpg

The Greddy Fugu, set at 116% power, 100% weight, S/H tyres around Alsace Village. For those who don't have the credits to acquire the 300K Greddy, Nissan's own development of the concept, the 300Z '89 can be used, set to 131% power and 84% weight.

We'll have a series of shortish races with draconian power penalties for those who have the audacity to beat me. Depletion will be set at 1 for fuel and tyres.

Simple, silly fun.

Cheers, Zo.

*cough Tokyo South cough*
I know that, on the face of it, that would be a more suitable circuit Famine, but tracks that are hemmed in by concrete bring me out in a rash. In fact, I'm scratching now, just typing about it (itch, itch, itch).

Would love to join. Hell, I'd even just spectate, but I'll still be at work when it starts.
You'll always be welcome to join fella, if circumstances allow:tup:

Just bought the car before seeing this because i liked the look ..
Have to work on my livery later :)
I love the look of it when the game feeds in the shot of it (in the garage, I think) with those massive tyres featuring tread you could loose a camel in, and the word 'Comfort' on the sidewall. It should say 'Mental Fun'

Cheers, Zo. (Yes, it is S/H tyres tonight. I love 'ultra-slippy', but 'quite tricky' is okay too.)

*cough Tokyo South cough*
That actually sounds like me today. A tickly cough over the past few days has developed into proper man flu. Alright it's just a cold but I think I'll give this evening a miss. Greddy as she goes.

Christmas is overrated.
Damn. I've just wrapped your present up too. I'll keep it for myself then. ;)

I know that, on the face of it, that would be a more suitable circuit Famine, but tracks that are hemmed in by concrete bring me out in a rash. In fact, I'm scratching now, just typing about it (itch, itch, itch).
It's a really good track, in both directions. And suits the car belonging to Mr. Tokyo Drift :D

My driving might be a bit off tonight. I'm using a different rig (for a GTP review) and I'm not used to the supine position it has me in. [/early excuses]

Latest Posts

Back