Racers Reunited: GT Career Mode Challenge

• Thread starter Zolon32
  • 1,386 comments

When free is for do race best?

• Total voters
I made a Kerfuffle poster.

full

And you used one of his fave cars too. I think that's borderline stalker behaviour.

Oh and I got older today.
Congratulations Sparkz. At last, a decent reason to go out and get hammered on 31st Dec. I always thought that 'New Year' thing was a bit overrated.

And, look what I've got you for your birthday... A Mini Cooper S 05. That's the price you'll be paying for being too quick. And here's what I got everyone else, despite the fact that it's mathematically unlikely that any of them have a birthday today or tomorrow...

Me, Mazda Roadster S 15.

@AndreasR (if he can make it) Peugeot RCZ GT Line 15.

@Famine MR2 GT-S 97

@daan Toyota 86 GRMN 16

@Venari Honda NSX Type R 92

@richroo Honda Civic R 15

@buybon355 Audi TTS Coupe

@JockeP22 Alfa 4C 14

@Sutsagrd Alpine A110 17

@IfAndOr Toyota S-FR Racing Concept 16.

(If anyone who is not on the list turn up, I'll allocate a motor on the hoof.)

Actually, of course, I haven't got anyone anything, but I have allocated the above motors, on account of the fact that I'm hoping that they will give us some tight racing around Lago Maggiore East II.

Races will be 8 laps long, with tyre degradation turned off, but fuel use up at 5. We will all have plenty of fuel, But the cars will get lighter and faster as the race progresses. Splendid.

Fastest first for the first race, with reverse grids thereafter. There might be some reallocation of motors to tighten things up a bit if anyone is out on their own either in front of behind.

BoP will be in place, with tuning prohibited. We'll be using S/H tyres (That's if anyone turns up of course.)

Cheers, Zo.

Congratulations Sparkz. At last, a decent reason to go out and get hammered on 31st Dec. I always thought that 'New Year' thing was a bit overrated.

And, look what I've got you for your birthday... A Mini Cooper S 05. That's the price you'll be paying for being too quick. And here's what I got everyone else, despite the fact that it's mathematically unlikely that any of them have a birthday today or tomorrow...

Christmas and New year is a “tad overrated” especially Christmas, was not feeling it at all, having said that I lost the spirit maybe 2/3 years ago.

Oh a Mini? How kind of you. It’ll be better than the birthday gift car I got, another bloody RALLY CAR!

I won't make it today, Zo.
Can I have one in scale 1:1 delivered to me instead please?
You'll be missed Jocke, but don't worry, I'll pop it in the post. Mind you, the Royal Mail has been pretty rubbish since privatisation. If it wasn't for the fact that David Cameron's multi millionaire friends had been able to increase their wealth significantly by buying its shares at the ridiculously low opening price, I would have thought that his sale of it wouldn't have been a good idea.

Cheers, Zo.

Mind you, the Royal Mail has been pretty rubbish since privatisation.
Don't I know it. You won't get any disagreement from me. My youngest sister was in London for a few days in November
and sent me a postcard from there (depicting Elizabeth II on the front no less, what a grand old lady she is).
It took four weeks to arrive here. Four weeks, for a postcard, from London to Stockholm. That's reassuring.

Hi folks, I took a couple of piccies too, but the lighting at the particular time of day we were racing has made it hard to get anything that looks as good as we all know GTS can...

Sparks keeps his reluctant motor ahead of a chasing pack...
20190102101859.jpg

Suts and Andreas do battle at turn one, (what's that comment about the Peugeot, shi…?)

20190102101846.jpg

Sparkz and friends still at it. (Amazingly no contact here!)

20190102101851.jpg

Mark and Andreas us ALL of the track.

20190102101855.jpg

A car cascade.

20190102101841.jpg

Cheers, Zo.

So, to continue the theme of allowing Sparkz and I to get in plenty of practice for the Nations Cup, this week we're returning to Brands Hatch GP with that old classic the E Type Jag. We'll have 9 lap races, with fuel depletion at 5 and tyres at 10. Don't worry, they're sports hard and there's plenty of meat left on them at the end.

The power setting is 112%, and weight at 106%. Tuning prohibited.

For those who don't have the Jag, and are creditially challenged, there is the option of using the Mazda Rx-7 GT-X (FD) 90, set at 135% power and 111% weight. They drive in a surprisingly similar manner (ie tricky) and post close enough lap times.

Power deductions will, of course, be applied to those who run away with it, as will power boosts for those who can't run at all. Fastest first for the first race, reverse grids thereafter. Grid start with false check.

So, break out your barn finds, sort out a re-bore, lap the knackered old valves in, balance the carbs, and let's go! Or, just buy a Mazda, turn the key and it'll start, 110,000 mile Wankel and all.

Woohoo, Brands; good memories. Cheers, Zo.

So, to continue the theme of allowing Sparkz and I to get in plenty of practice for the Nations Cup, this week we're returning to Brands Hatch GP with that old classic the E Type Jag. We'll have 9 lap races, with fuel depletion at 5 and tyres at 10. Don't worry, they're sports hard and there's plenty of meat left on them at the end.

The power setting is 112%, and weight at 106%. Tuning prohibited.

For those who don't have the Jag, and are creditially challenged, there is the option of using the Mazda Rx-7 GT-X (FD) 90, set at 135% power and 111% weight. They drive in a surprisingly similar manner (ie tricky) and post close enough lap times.

A what?

Pif paf. Try a '63 Corvette at 80% power 100% weight, or a '71 Mustang at 90%/100%.

Just for that 'period saloon car' racing feel, I think we should let the Mini in too, unlimited tyres, max power, min weight, but no gearbox change (it tops out at about 100mph.) :evil:

Edit: Tested. A really good Mini driver might be able to match the others on Sport Softs. On Race Hards, it's easy, but the Mini will roll if you clip an inside kerb!

Last edited:
A what?

Pif paf. Try a '63 Corvette at 80% power 100% weight, or a '71 Mustang at 90%/100%.

Just for that 'period saloon car' racing feel, I think we should let the Mini in too, unlimited tyres, max power, min weight, but no gearbox change (it tops out at about 100mph.) :evil:

Edit: Tested. A really good Mini driver might be able to match the others on Sport Softs. On Race Hards, it's easy, but the Mini will roll if you clip an inside kerb!
Mark, as you know, I value everyone's input very highly, and bend over backwards to give the impression that I'm being inclusive in the way that our group is run. However, the simple fact is that I'm an egotistical narcissist and nothing could be further from the truth.

With that in mind, I thank you for your efforts, but it's the Jag or Mazda and that's it. The reason I picked the RX-7 is because of it drives so similarly to the Jag. It is uniformity I'm after, not diversity. Truth is, I'd prefer everyone to be in the Jag, but I know that there are those who use Proje… Projeurgh… Projeeeeerrrrgh. No, I can't bring myself to say it. Anyway, that, or they selfishly go around having lives outside GT Sport, and this leaves them short of credits to do the important things. It is for them that the Mazda is a substitute that I reluctantly allow.

Now, I must get back to my practice...

Cheers, Zo.

Hello there you egotistical narcissist. Just popping in from Project **** :)

Providing it's not stupidly expensive, I think I might have enough (I think you call them) credits to allow me to "buy" the E Type. My purchasing power was dented by the Kerfuffle blow out but is slowly recovering. Mainly due to RR racing!

Actually there's a really nice racing E Type in Proje*****. Oh and some period saloons. I'll go now. :mischievous:

(Thought you were going to have a go with Gr 1 at some point? I do have a few of them via the wheel of fortune thingamajig)

I'd prefer everyone to be in the Jag.
Just fired up the old PS4 and it said I was last online twelve days ago, blimey.

Got the Jag, Zo. So I can happily oblige to your wishes if it's indeed a one-make race you're after.

You now owe me Cr. 170,000 though. And I'll be sending my 6'8", 315 lb danish friend to collect.

Proje… Projeurgh… Projeeeeerrrrgh.
Is that french?

Back