• Thread starter Zolon32
  • 1,386 comments

When free is for do race best?

• Total voters
How about

Le Mans (without chikanes)

Ford GT 40 `66
Why the hell not? Strong slipstream then :mischievous:

S/S tyres, high degradation... weight penalties for those who are too quick.

Having said that, am I being naïve taking a suggestion from the bloke who won every single race last week?

150 extra kilos for Andreas right from the start methinks :)

Cheers, Zo.

Had been fiddeling with track and car a bit
BoP should be N300 tyres 10x and fuel 4x
tyres should be SH enough grip for good fun
N300 for max speed without limiter even with slipstream
oh, and 3 round race for sufficient fuel

Last edited:
What?

Aren't you the guy who tells us all how to grind most efficiently?
Yep - but I've also not played GT Sport this year apart from the cock-type last week. And there's a nice-looking, 2m+ Aston DB3S coming this week :D

Hopefully you all made enough credits with tonights races that you're
able to purchase all the cars you want from this weeks update.
Had to miss the RR-goings-on this evening.
Pantera at Le Mans, no chikanes parmesan with lemons and no chicken sounded like a good dinner event indeed.

Hi fellas, it's a mash-up this Tuesday, and it works like this...

I'll get the room open about 8.00pm then, when half a dozen of us are in, I'll set a short track up. I'll jump in a fast motor and blast out a lap. The final three digits of the time for that lap will give us our max BHP for our first car. I'm not having something under 100BHP so, if the first digit is a zero, then the second digit will be duplicated. ie, if the time is 30.043secs, then the max BHP would be 443. The minimum weight for the first race will be 4X the max BHP, and for the second race it will be 3X the max BHP. (However, the minimum weight will never be set at more than 2,200kg.)

Tyres appropriate to the power will be used, and the track will be set by vote.

We'll do two races with each track/BHP combination, then move on.

Cheers, Zo.

I didn't include this in the first Mash-Up post chaps, but the choice of car is fully open, as long as it can be brought within the power/weight regs. Tuning will be prohibited; it's going to be complicated enough!

We need a max/min power/weight calculator to figure this out fast.

? https://www.kudosprime.com/gts/carlist.php?cartype=14,3,10,8,4,13,12,7&order=kg_per_kw&rev=y ?

Also, we have to race these things at some point.

7430966942208393732_0.jpg

We need a max/min power/weight calculator to figure this out fast.
I agree Mark. And with that in mind I've decided to go for a very simple system where we use the lap time for the BHP, and the roll of a dice for the weight. 1 gives a minimum of 900kg, 2=1,100kg, 3= 1,300kg, 4= 1,500kg, 5=1,600kg and finally 6=1,700kg.

If we end up with a BHP/weight mix that can't be achieved I'll initiate another combination; it'll be a quick process.

Also, we have to race these things at some point.
I agree again, I loved grooving around in mine. Unfortunately they're a bit pricey; might have to offer an alternative for those who can't afford one (Sambabus perhaps?)

Cheers, Zo.

Her name wasn't Louise as I initially thought, it was Nicola.

She did used to own Brands Hatch (motor sports business) though as I mentioned in the lobby.
Sold the track and everything with it in '99 for £147.6m apparently.

Good on her.

2019-01-22 23.47.50.png

anyone else who missed Zo's mental mash-up
Looks pretty mental. :P
Great video Jocke. Again.

I'd actually sat down, switched on the PS4 and put my headphones on but my sciatica, which has flared up, was being particularly irritating at the time so I decided I wasn't feeling very racy and switched it off again!

So, I love the classic cars. Now we have 'a fair few' I think it's time to do some pick'n'mixes, Racers Reunited style.

So, my proposal is for a race night with three or four different cars, and we race a series of tracks, swapping cars each race. I'll balance the cars so they're competitive against each other, and we'll hack at it.

First session, saloon car N050 class... or up to 1200cc. :)

6990246406102451716_0.jpg

These three, at minimum weight, on comfort mediums, with 'around 50hp'. The FIAT is maxed, poor little thing, at 49hp. The other two are heavier, but the '66 Beetle especially is hugely torquey. (Things you never hear, #38.) I think they need custom gearboxes but a bit more testing will sort it.

EDIT: They very much need custom gearboxes. Settings are:

Beetle: Power 160% / Weight 93%
FIAT: Power 285% / Weight 94%
Mini: Power 90% / Weight 92%
(Sambabus: Power 180% / Weight 85% :D ... maybe)

All on Comfort Mediums, custom gearboxes, default final drive, set to 106mph/170kph top speed. No other mods.

Any interest? I could get this first round ready for 12th Feb. I have other rounds planned - up to 2400cc, up to 4800cc, sports cars over 4800cc, and unlimited Muscle cars.

Last edited:
For those wondering, the following rounds in my head are:

Round 2: up to 2400cc @~200hp - '72 Alpine A110, Porsche 356A Speedster, Toyota 2000GT, Dino 246GT.

Round 3: up to 4800cc @~350hp - Muira, GT40, E-Type, Fugu Z, (Countach?)

Round 4: Over 4800cc @~450hp - Pantera, 512BB, '63 Corvette, '69 Corvette

Round 5: Musclecars @~400hp - Shelby Mustang, Challenger, Mustang Mach 1, Firebird, (Nova?)

Last edited:
Back