Racers Reunited: GT Career Mode Challenge

• Thread starter Zolon32
  • 1,386 comments

When free is for do race best?

• Total voters
The night of the slippery Austrians (well on SH's at least)
Race 1 highlights
Paul with his awesome looking Cross-Bow.

20180619222237.jpg

Yep, definitely too fast for all of us.
20180619222242.jpg

I'm being hunted.
20180619222248.jpg

In 50 yards, turn right. No Jocke that's left! (Glad to have you back by the way:cheers:.)
20180619222254.jpg

Simba goes for the inside!
20180619222259.jpg

Nice colour scheme Suts.
20180619222352.jpg

The hunt is on.
20180619222357.jpg

Race 2 highlights
*Disconnected* :mad:
Great racing all, have a good week. :cheers:

Attachments

• 20180619222346.jpg
    20180619222346.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 11
Now if only the driver was just as awesome. :dopey: :)

You know you are Paul, you just do it with that... other game...

Anyway, congratulations to Sparkz and Andreas on their wins. On the one hand I was gutted that Andreas came past me on the last corner to take the win by a third of a second, on the other hand I was chuffed that the format had worked so well (in our case).

So, while we're on the subject of congratulations, well done to Mark, and Sparkz on their starts to the official manufacturer's championship. Sparkz in particular, fantastic. Filo is the only one ahead of you in my friends list, and even then it's only by a couple of points. I might be wrong, but I think Filo is Andreas' lad(?).

I'm currently 1835th regionally, 15th(!) Citroen driver, and No 1 in Lincolnshire:lol:. Can't believe how excited I am about the prospect of trying to climb up the table. God I love GTS.

Not sorted out what we'll be doing on Tuesday yet. I'll try to come up with something by the end of the day. (It might involve GT3 Vs GT4, different tyres to even them up, maybe...

Cheers, Zo.

Oh, and thanks for the piccis Sparkz. I didn't save race 1 replay because, like round 1 of the manufacturer's championship, I had a stinker!

Can it be that the format was better for those who started with SH because of the fuel rate they could use the SS tires more efficently. Maybe better without fuel consume or at lowest rate.

Oh and yes my son is Flaco, Paul is right.

He brought me to the game a few years ago.

ref Manuf Champs - hadn't realised I'd done so... averagely. Although it looks good, I think it's flattery. I wasn't going to take it too seriously, I had almost zero practice for Suzuka, but I like the track. Tokyo blows donkeys though, so I might have to practice to not suck.

T.D.M T.D.T
Race 3 Highlights

(I'm a bit late i know....)

This car was fun to throw around, but inevitably someone pushed a bit too hard. :P
20180622220411.jpg

BB is lurking on Goofy.:nervous:
20180622220421.jpg

And he succeeds. :eek:
20180622220427.jpg

Zo is managing to pass the pack whilst taming that beast. :bowdown:
20180622220433.jpg

Dann with his lovely looking SFR. P.s @daan did you make this yourself? Looks tremendous. :cheers:
20180622220438.jpg

What are these brakes?!
20180622220444.jpg

Another lovely looking SFR from the man Simba.
20180622220454.jpg

He brought me to the game a few years ago.

I'm glad he did 👍

Tokyo blows donkeys though, so I might have to practice to not suck.

Come on Mark, what is it you do with these Monkeys, blow or suck?

Mr Zo, managed to come up with a recipe for this Tuesday?

Indeed he has, my Sparkly friend...

So, Tuesday, something completely different:

The car, any American F/R road car (including those with a race car name, but 'Road Car' in the title) Max BHP 500, min weight, 1500kg.

Tyres, S/M.

Tuning not allowed.

The circuit, BB Raceway! :eek:

Tyres, trashed at 7X, fuel, destroyed at 7X :mischievous:

Slipstream strength weak :)

13 laps per race. Weight penalties for people who drive too quickly and make the rest look slow. :P

Reverse grids after the first race.

Don't know how it'll work out, but I'm predicting some tight, fun racing.

Cheers, Zo.

Oh, that sounds like fun.

When you say 'no tuning' is that stock weight and power as well? Yanno, coz that Mustang Gr.3 Road car is 1500kg and 502hp. :)

Last edited:
'no tuning' is that stock weight and power as well?

No Mark, I mean suspension and gears; the room will be set to tuning prohibited, but the 'level up' adjustments will be available. I think I've got about half a dozen or so cars that can be brought into the regs.

American cars at a track, that requires turning left

And they've fitted the BB track with an interesting innovation, one right hand corner. Who'd have thought you could have a track that goes both left and right?

Watching the opposition during an arcade race, it looked like the pit entry/exit is about a full lap's length. That'll be interesting.

Japanese Battle

Who will come out on top?

So I have cooked up a nice recipe for the 3rd of July (assuming I’m free, someone can always cover me) we all have a choice of the following:

· Mazda RX-7 Spirit Type A (Or FD for the Mazda nerds)

· Mazda RX-7 GT-X (Or FC)

· Mitsubishi EVO IV

· Mitsubishi Evolution Final Edition (Or simply EVO X)

· Nissan R32, R33 & R34

· Subaru Impreza WRX STI Type S

· Subaru BRZ

· Toyota Supra 3.0GT Turbo A

· Toyota Supra RZ

· Toyota 86

Here comes the fun part.

We will have three laps to post our fastest lap in a slow but rather fun GT86 (Hachi-Roku) around Suzuka, this way it’s fair (at least whilst posting our lap times.

Now we all have 12 cars to pick from, so who ever sets the fastest lap gets to pick any car from the list above and so on and so fourth.

Now whoever comes first with i.e the Supra, the winner is banned from using that car, however the person who finishes last, uses the car that won the race. If you finish second you get to pick your next car out of the 12, 3rd does the same so does 4th and (you get where this is going). This is so that the grid is full of different cars.

Will try and get three races in (or more), need to test all of this out (good thing I got a week to do so).

5 laps

I’m thinking of doing SH compounds for the AWD and SM compounds for the RWD, again still got testing to do.

Should be a fun night.

(And yes I will be tuning most of these cars accordingly.)

(From 3 laps)

Subaru- 2:31 (SH) (Not tuned)

RX-7- 2:28 (SM) (Not tuned)

Supra- 2:29 (SM) (Not tuned)

20180626000954.jpg
20180626001006.jpg
20180626001017.jpg
20180626001023.jpg
20180626001033.jpg
20180626001044.jpg

Last edited:
I worked this out earlier:

and I think if I had to put a finger on why I'm burning so much fuel, RR would be under that finger :lol:

Also, our blog's Cars section really is very good... you should all be checking it out every day for interesting and cool stuff. And lime green Bentaygas.

Last edited:
Japanese Battle

Who will come out on top?

So I have cooked up a nice recipe for the 3rd of July (assuming I’m free, someone can always cover me) we all have a choice of the following:

· Mazda RX-7 Spirit Type A (Or FD for the Mazda nerds)

· Mazda RX-7 GT-X (Or FC)

· Mitsubishi EVO IV

· Mitsubishi Evolution Final Edition (Or simply EVO X)

· Nissan R32, R33 & R34

· Subaru Impreza WRX STI Type S

· Subaru BRZ

· Toyota Supra 3.0GT Turbo A

· Toyota Supra RZ

· Toyota 86

Here comes the fun part.

We will have three laps to post our fastest lap in a slow but rather fun GT86 (Hachi-Roku) around Suzuka, this way it’s fair (at least whilst posting our lap times.

Now we all have 12 cars to pick from, so who ever sets the fastest lap gets to pick any car from the list above and so on and so fourth.

Now whoever comes first with i.e the Supra, the winner is banned from using that car, however the person who finishes last, uses the car that won the race. If you finish second you get to pick your next car out of the 12, 3rd does the same so does 4th and (you get where this is going). This is so that the grid is full of different cars.

Will try and get three races in (or more), need to test all of this out (good thing I got a week to do so).

5 laps

I’m thinking of doing SH compounds for the AWD and SM compounds for the RWD, again still got testing to do.

Should be a fun night.

(And yes I will be tuning most of these cars accordingly.)

(From 3 laps)

Subaru- 2:31 (SH) (Not tuned)

RX-7- 2:28 (SM) (Not tuned)

Supra- 2:29 (SM) (Not tuned)

View attachment 746645 View attachment 746646 View attachment 746647 View attachment 746648 View attachment 746649 View attachment 746650

So the room will be capped at 12 or is there a way to add four more cars in?

Race 1 Highlights

American cars. On an american track. What could possibly go wrong?

20180627235508.jpg

Sparks from Venari!
20180627235514.jpg

Zo witnessing Venari in a "Dorifto" moment.
20180627235520.jpg

Don't mind me, just warming up my tires.
20180627235525.jpg

I think Suts wanted to do the same.
20180627235535.jpg

(Left) Get off my rear Famine! (Right) Now Simba is witnessing.
20180627235540.jpg
20180627235546.jpg

More Irn-Bru please.
20180627235552.jpg

Hello all, hope you're well. Just an update to my "Japanese Jamboree" (great title @Zolon32).

Only got three more cars to test, them being the BRZ,86 and the EVO IV.

As for the cars i've tested, this should one close battle (if no one spins off), there is a four second gap between all of them, the FD getting the highest time of 2:28 SM (Not Tuned) and the FC getting the lowest time of 2:32 SM (Not tuned).

I will most likely nurf some of the cars to make it fair, once i finish testing all cars i'll make the adjustments.

Hope to see a lot of numbers this coming Tuesday. :cheers:

Last edited:
I'll pop this in here since it features many of the RR crowd.

Joe, @reefer, has been making a few of his great videos of past races in his classics club.

Well worth a watch. It'll bring back some memories.

Right.... (wipes sweat from forehead) all the cars have been tested, all within 3 seconds of each other.

Impreza- 2:31 (SH) (Not tuned)
(A boat you can alter your torque distribution on.)

RX-7 FC- 2:31 (SM) (Tuned)
Power Ratio: 137% Weight: 88% (This car is somewhat similar to the E30 in the way it drives.)

RX-7 FD- 2:28 (SM) (Not tuned)
(This car is sublime.)

Supra RZ- 2:29 (SM) (Not tuned)
(Poetry in motion.)

Supra 3.0GT 2:31 (SM) (Tuned)
Power Ratio: 105% Weight: 85% (Stable and sounds good too.)

EVO X- 2:31 (SH) (Not tuned)
(A fun boat to throw around.)

EVO IV- 2:31 (SH) (Tuned)
Power Ratio: 110% Weight: 90% (First time driving it, was impressed.)

R32- 2:30 (SH) (Not tuned)
(Stable, bit tedious though.)

R33- 2:30 (SH) (Not Tuned)
(Whoever gets this car, good luck.)

R34- 2:29 (SH) (Not Tuned)
(Definitely the best out of the three.)

86- 2:29 (SM) (Tuned)
Power Ratio: 159% Weight: 90% (Can be tamed.)

BRZ- 2:29 (SM) (Tuned)
Power Ratio: 154% Weight: 88% (Same as above.)

This is how it's going to go down, we will all set our fastest laps in a bone stock 86 with SH compounds. Whoever sets the fastest lap gets to pick the first car, then second picks the next and... yeah.

Will be racing at Suzuka Circuit. 5 laps. Will try get in as many as possible. Can't predict the turnout of the results but i can predict that it will be good fun!

1st Place 16pts

2nd place 15pts

3rd place 14pts

4th place 13pts

5th place 12pts

6th place 11pts

7th place 10pts

8th place 9pts

9th place 8pts

10th place 7pts

11th place 6pts

12th place 5pts

13th place 4pts

14th place 3pts

15th place 2pts

16th place 1pt

(I know we won't get 16 people in but you never know :P)

*Bonus Point for Fastetst Lap

Oh... before i forget, for the first race, tyre wear and fuel consumption won't be enabled, for the races afterwards however, will be randomised.

I managed to ping something inside my shoulder yesterday, cutting back a leylandii, and I'm not sure I'll make it. Feels like a(nother) rotator cuff tear.

I also came up with a new qualifying system that I call carling.

Turning left was rather hard, so Suzuka after the crossover was not much fun, but I enjoyed it :D

Thanks to all who showed up last night, considering England was playing (I don’t rate them so I wasn’t bothered about missing it :lol:).

Also, hope all had fun, I never would’ve thought it would’ve been close battles between all of us, (R34 should’ve been nerfed but @Sutsagrd wouldn't have won otherwise, you’re welcome ;).)

Will upload some pictures and the final points tally when I have time, have a good week all. :cheers:

Back