Racers Reunited. Supercar Handicap Championship, JAMMY IS THE CHAMPION!Open 

• Thread starter Zolon32
  • 414 comments
United Kingdom
England
Zolon32
Ladies and Gentlemen, Racers Reunited present...

THE SUPERCAR HANDICAP CHAMPIONSHIP.

The game we play is called Gran Turismo, and it seems fit that we hold a competition celebrating the cars that it does best; Grand Tourers. Front engined, rear wheel drive cars with plenty of oooomph, and chassis which can handle it.

So I'm arranging a twelve race series open to twelve contenders, driving twelve Supercars of varying performance, with a system of car allocation designed to give the fastest drivers a real challenge, and the slower drivers a chance to compete at the heart of the action.

The cars we shall be using are:

1/ Ferrari 365GTB 71

2/ Chevrolet Stingray C7 14

3/ Ferrari California 08

4/ SRT Viper GTS 02

5/ BMW M4 Coupe

6/ Aston Vantage V12

7/ Chevrolet Camaro SS10

8/ Alfa Romeo 8C

9/ Aston DB9 06

10/ Corvette Z06 C5 04

11/ Mustang Boss 302

12/ Maserati Granturismo S '08

They will all be stock, with oil change, and wear C/S tyres.

Each of these motors is a belting drive.

Camaro 8C.jpg
Challenger M4.jpg

GTB Stingray.jpg

Viper DB9.jpg

Boss Vette 04.jpg

Vantage Californian.jpg

And so, on to the circuits:

1/ Silverstone GP 28 laps, Tuesday 10th Jan 2017 (At which everyone will use the California.)

2/ Apricot Hill, 38 laps, Tues 17th Jan

3/ Monaco, 35 laps Tues 24th Jan * See above.

4/ Brands Hatch GP, 36 laps Tues 31st Jan

5/ Trial Mountain, 36 laps Tues 7th Feb

6/ Suzuka, 29 laps Tues 14th Feb

7/ Grand Valley 31 laps, Tues 21st Feb

8/ Spa 25 laps, Tues 28th Feb

Tues 7th March, mid season break.

9/ Willow Springs Big Willow 42 laps, Tues 14th March

10/ Midfield 45 laps, Tues 21st March

11/ Autumn Ring 42 laps, Tues 28th March

12/ Circuito De La Sierra 7 laps, Tues 4th April

The points system will be;

1st/ 15
2nd/ 12
3rd/ 10
4th/ 9
5th/ 8
6th/ 7
5th/ 6
and so on, down to 12th/ 1 point.

Each driver's eleven highest finishes will count towards their final score, allowing one meeting to be missed, or lowest score dropped. A disconnection will collect 1 point, but will not count as a last place finish for the purposes of the handicap system.

This is not going to be an easy championship to win, given the strength of the handicapping. However, the winner will receive an 'RR S.H.C. Champion 2017' trophy, crafted by my own fair hands from a section of wooden beam removed from a house built before the motor car was even invented. (I don't have a photo of it, because I haven't even started yet, but it'll be okay, honest.)

When I was typing the words in the brackets above folks, I had a vision of a really nice trophy I was going to create. I failed to take into account my miserably inadequate woodworking and trophy designing skills. So, here it is...

SHC7.JPG SHC 6.JPG

When expressing interest folks, please specify the name of the colour your cars will be in, and a racing number.

Cheers, Zo.

Last edited:
Signups:

Stutsagrd. Amaranth Purple, No88.

Zolon32. Metallic Gunmetal 04, No32.

Rob. Lexus LFA Passionate Pink, No69.

BB. Blue iliade (Tartan), No77.

Crazy John. Dark Blue Pearl, No 25.

Harsk. Gt Fluorescence 003-W, No28.

Jocke. Gold Chrome, No 68.

Lilium. TBA, No 55.

Richroo. Colour, Yellow, No 31.

Zeus. Colour, Oryx White, No 66.

Jammy. Colour Matte Red, No 21.

Part Time:

Paul. Orange, No 8.

Tom_Ascar. GT Metallic 009-A, No22.

Gamer. Colour Rosso F2008, No 27.

Aaroh. Colour Gran Turismo Blau.

John Wells.

Last edited:

CHAMPIONSHIP FINAL STANDINGS

1/ JAMMY 113 points

2/ Harsk 109 points (Better handicap than Zo)

3/ Zolon 109 points

4/ Longbow 83 points

5/ Jocke 75 points

6/ BB 69 points

7/ Rich 63 points

8/ Tom 59 points

9/ Suts 58 points

10/ Aaroh 33 points

11/ Tarn 27 points

12/ Zeus 23 points

13/ C-John 21 points

14/ Gamer 15 points

15/ Paul 11 points

16/ Simba 9 points

RESULTS FOR RACE TWELVE, SIERRA.

1/ Jammy

2/ Zolon

3/ Tom

4/ Simba

5/ Harsk

6/ Jocke

7/ Suts

8/ Paul

RESULTS FOR RACE ELEVEN, AUTUMN RING.

1/ Tom (Well done Tom:tup:) 2/ Suts (WTF! :)) 3/ Harsk 4/ Jocke 5/ Zolon 6/ BB 7/ Jammy

RESULTS FOR RACE 10, MIDFIELD.

1/ BB 2/ Longbow 3/ Harsk 4/ Zolon (Half a bloody second!) 5/ Jammy 6/ Suts 7/ Jocke

RESULTS FOR RACE 9, BIG WILLOW.

1/ Harsk 2/ Zolon 3/ Longbow 4=/ Jammy. Rich 5/ Suts 6/ Jocke 7/ Paul 8/ BB

RESULTS FOR RACE 8, SPA

1/ Zolon 2/Gamer 3/ Jocke 4/ Jammy 5/ Longbow 6/ Suts 7/ Harsk 8/ Tom 9/ BB 10/ Rich

RESULTS FOR RACE 7, GRAND VALLEY.

1/BB 2/Jammy 3/ Zolon 4/ Harsk 5/ Longbow 6/ Rich

RESULTS FOR RACE 6, SUZUKA.

1/ Longbow 2/ Rich 3/ Tarn 4/ Harsk 5/ Tom 6/ Jammy 7/ Zolon 8/ Suts 9/ Jocke

RESULTS FOR RACE 5, TRIAL MOUNTAIN.

1/ Longbow 2/ BB 3/ Jocke 4/ Harsk 5/ Suts 6/ Jammy 7/ Zolon 8/ Tom 9/ Rich 10/ Gamer

RESULTS FOR RACE 4, BRANDS HATCH.

1/ Harsk 2/ Jammy 3/ Tom 4/ Zeus 5/ Zolon 6/ BB. DNF, Jocke and C-John.

RESULTS FOR RACE THREE, MONACO.

1/ Jammy 2/ Rich 3/ Aaroh 4/ Harsk 5/ Zolon 6/ Jocke 7/ Tom 8/ Tarn

DNF, Suts, C-John, Longbow, BB.

RESULTS FOR RACE TWO, APRICOT HILL.

1/ Zolon 2/Rich 3/ Longbow 4/ Jammy 5/ Aaroh 6/ Harsk 7/ Tarn 8/ Zeus 9/ Suts

RESULTS FOR RACE ONE, SILVERSTONE.

1/ Aaroh 2/ CrazyJohn 3/ Jammy 4/ Zeus 5/ Harsk 6/ Jocke 7/ Tarn 8/ Zolon 9/ Rich.

Last edited:
This looks like great fun and a bit of a challenge Zo.
Count me in please but I know I'll miss a couple of races.
As usual amaranth purple and number 88 please.

:cheers:

I'm not sure if I could race, however, I really would love to.

It would be good if I could get that trophy from the championship. :cheers:

I'm not sure if I could race, however, I really would love to.

It would be good if I could get that trophy from the championship. :cheers:

I'll put you down as a part time entry Harsk, but you'll probably need to turn up more than twice to take the trophy :)

Well done on your win last night. It's good to see you and Ben racing fast and clean 👍

Cheers, Zo.

I'll put you down as a part time entry Harsk, but you'll probably need to turn up more than twice to take the trophy :)

Well done on your win last night. It's good to see you and Ben racing fast and clean 👍

Cheers, Zo.
Thanks Zolon.

I will try to do the Full Season, as the title will be very very hard to get. No races are easy nowadays. 👍

Hi

This looks interesting so I would like to join :cheers:

PSN Tom_Ascar GTPlanet mgo
Paint GT METALLIC 009-A #22

I'm not sure I could make it for the all races so you can put me on side and let me know if a spot is available ;)

Some racers are definitely reunited tonight. I'm having a few beers with @buybon355. That brings my total of GTP members met up to 3.

I'm dead jealous Mallet. But then they say you should never meet your heroes, and you're all heroes to me. But, honestly, I'd love to meet up with any of the regular racers some time.

mgo
This looks interesting so I would like to join

I'll pop you on the list Tom. Do you know if you will be able to make the 1st race?

Cheers, Zo.

I'll pop you on the list Tom. Do you know if you will be able to make the 1st race?

Cheers, Zo.

Thanks for inviting me in :)
I think I will be able to do first race
I'll get back to you Monday I have to check my shif at work but I'm pretty sure I'm working morning that week

I thinks so too. I'll be back to notify if I could join in when I know what I have on January.

I would like to do the Full Time, Number #28, Green, if possible.

What car should I use? I saw that the car choice is based on the average finishing position.

I'd love to meet up with any of the regular racers some time.

I got 8 tickets from Chopard for the btcc brand hatch finale (porsche supercup support race). Full hospitality , if I get anything next year, I'll offer them out to the gang.

Was great meeting mallet, had a good laugh and a few beers, would be great to have a group catch up. A race event seems the logical place.

What car should I use? I saw that the car choice is based on the average finishing position.

That is a good point Harsk. The first race will be in the Stingray for everyone. It sounds lovely, is very stable, and goes quite well. The handicap will come into play for the second race and will depend on the finishing positions in the first at that time. (I expect you will be quick, so you'll be having one from the slower end of the list :))

This looks like a very attractive series you've put together Zo

Thanks Joe. Global gaming can bring its time issues. I was only saying to Bernie last week....

I'll be back to notify if I could join in when I know what I have on January.

Hey fellas. It looks like we might get a volunteer for the Challenger! 👍

I got 8 tickets from Chopard for the btcc brand hatch finale (porsche supercup support race). Full hospitality , if I get anything next year, I'll offer them out to the gang.

Was great meeting mallet, had a good laugh and a few beers, would be great to have a group catch up. A race event seems the logical place.

Now that is a classy way to get a bunch of 'likes' :cheers: Those Porsche races are fantastic, from what I've seen on the telly.

Cheers, Zo.

The first race will be in the Stingray for everyone. It sounds lovely, is very stable, and goes quite well.

I haven't tested Stingray yet but so far the best car gearing and speed in my opinion is the California 08 at Silverstone GP

mgo
I haven't tested Stingray yet but so far the best car gearing and speed in my opinion is the California 08 at Silverstone GP

I think you might be right Tom. The California is a cracking car, and I suspect its mild downforce will probably help around Silverstone. I decided on the Stingray because it's a car we haven't raced before, and it really does sound nice. We'll all be in the same motor for the first race anyway, so as long as it's suitable for the track I'll be happy, and I think the Stingray is.

Cheers, Zo.

That is a good point Harsk. The first race will be in the Stingray for everyone. It sounds lovely, is very stable, and goes quite well. The handicap will come into play for the second race and will depend on the finishing positions in the first at that time. (I expect you will be quick, so you'll be having one from the slower end of the list :))
I'm not sure if I could have one of the slower cars, as I hadn't been much on the mood to win races recently.

Of course I want the trophy, but I'm just trying to focus myself on doing my best. :)

c

Sorry Harsk, I'll pop your name in the appropriate place :)

Cheers, Zo.
No, it's fine, Zolon.

Anyways, as you can see, I haven't raced in RR Championship since the last time on RallyX.

But the trophy at leather has got me interested. 👍

People, if you're reading this and you are unsure whether to join or not I can only
say that Zolon is one of the best hosts you will find on GT6. He listens to what his racers
have to say, he is well experienced with the game and promotes and executes clean and fair
racing. Oh and he loves his tea in the evening.

Very nice selection of cars and circuits, Zolon. And also great with so many F1 circuits
and it looks to be a fun finale at Sierra. I had honestly forgotten all about that track.
This is not going to be an easy championship to win, given the strength of the handicapping. However, the winner will receive an 'RR S.H.C. Champion 2017' trophy, crafted by my own fair hands from a section of wooden beam
That certainly sounds interesting. Does it come complete with termites and all?
When expressing interest folks, please specify the name of the colour your cars will be in, and a racing number.
I'll go with Gold Chrome and #68.

A typical race hosted by Zolon can look something like this;

I will commit, Zo, to capturing a shortened highlight video of all the races.
Lets say the first two laps of the race and the final two laps, or something like that.

l go with Gold Chrome and #68.

Thanks very much Jocke, you're my inspiration :)

Love the vid, I'd forgotten how good those Tommys were to race. We'll have to do them again some time, on a slightly less extreme track.

I've got the trophy done now, except varnish. It doesn't have any termites, but there is an authentic nail hole in one end, doubtless made by a hand-crafted nail, bashed out by a gnarly old Blacksmith in 1736, or something. I'll pop some photos of it on the thread once it's completed.

Cheers, Zo.

Last edited:
Back