Racers Reunited. Supercar Handicap Championship, JAMMY IS THE CHAMPION!Open 

• Thread starter Zolon32
  • 414 comments
It looks like you had great fun y'day boys! It felt great to be part of the bunch last week and I am definitely looking forward to join you again soon, even more with my handi rating which now allows me to ride the beautiful 365B.
Unfortunately I don't know when I'll be able to go for an early morning session in the coming weeks. My life style has changed a lot in the past years I now have 3 kids at home that require more and more attention everyday and I was very busy with shootings recently.
Actually last week I shot a tourism promotion film with an Indian anchor. @Aaroh do you know Koel Purie?
Well anyways it is always a great pleasure to feature in RR even though last time was kind of hard for me. If we had been able to save the replay, I guess everyone could have spotted the numerous times when I fell asleep during the race.
As I remember it, I was close to @Jammy during the first 10 or so laps but I also spotted someone in a slower car ahead so I chose not to interfere with the fight between Jammy and @richroo (or was it @mgo). Anyways having them in front of me helped me to stay awake but around the 12th lap, the sandman began its relentless undermining.
I was so tired that I thought to myself:"but still I'm ok, we're almost mid-race..." like 13 was the half of 36....
anyways around lap 15 I found myself unable to lap under 1'45", blinking-sleeping in every straight line, nevermind how short they were. Finally I decided to retire a few laps before the end after having to pit twice in a row around lap 30 I guess.
Then I fell asleep in the pits and when I woke up I was the only one still running around at 80kmh in the race finished screen...
I thought about joining you yesterday but my favorite and home football team felt like it was time to wreck the football world by stomping on FC Barcelona. At least this time I am quite happy I chose to watch football instead of GT6.
See you soon guys, cheers

Having said that, I really enjoyed the battle with FangiHarsk, and I think he and Tom had a scrap for quite a while, from what I saw on the map.
Sure and the rain turn it on Harsk advantage 👍 Well done Harsk
for next week I'm not sure I could make it but I'll do my best to be in race :cheers:

It is Jammy.

And on that subject fellas, GV has got a million places where the white line might be crossed. They are all out of bounds, the white line rule is in place right round, including the exit from the final chicane, where people frequently run off onto the concrete. Don't do that without leaving two wheels on the line.

Cheers, Zo.

I have to say, the Corvette C5 Z06 is a great ride. Perhaps in a future iteration of this I would likely switch the DB9 and the C5...the DB9 has taller gearing and it's never been as quick as the 'Vette in the courses I've tried with it so far.

At the very end of the race, apparently there was more water on the track robbing the car of any stability. I wasn't paying attention to the rain. :lol: Too much concentration.

@Zolon32 Grand Valley is loathed by myself for that reason. The white line is routinely ignored. Which, of course, is the bane of my existence.

@Zolon32 Grand Valley is loathed by myself for that reason. The white line is routinely ignored. Which, of course, is the bane of my existence.

I feel your pain Longbow, and, had I thought more deeply about it, I'd not have chosen the track. However, the chicane at Suzuka is one where people who are going to gain time illegitimately would, I suspect, make good use of cutting. Last week I think we all behaved pretty well there, so I have great hopes for Grand Valley too. I have to say, I'm finding pushing, whilst consciously sticking to the white line rule, is adding a bit of interest. Coming out of the last chicane modulating the throttle to push juuuuuust to the edge is real fun. I used to muller the kerbs there, under my own solo interpretation of track limits.

Onward and upwards!

It's 31 laps, by the way, for GV.

Cheers, Zo.

It seems like bad news come in threes. I can not join either, sorry about that Zo.
I will hopefully return to the track for the next round.

Race report.. Like a bad smell i was behind longbow and slowly faded away ,, pit in cuppa tea and a smoke and finished the race last lap ...
Screen froze so had to power down ,,
Well done up front :bowdown:

@richroo Personally, I would never advise using the DB9, it's noticably slower than the Corvette C5 Z06. But then you wouldn't have had time for a break probably, so it has its disadvantages. :lol:

I would request a stewards inquiry for what transpired around corner 3/4 on the first lap. Unfortunately, there is no replay now to go on.

@richroo Personally, I would never advise using the DB9, it's noticably slower than the Corvette C5 Z06. But then you wouldn't have had time for a break probably, so it has its disadvantages. :lol:

I would request a stewards inquiry for what transpired around corner 3/4 on the first lap. Unfortunately, there is no replay now to go on.
Could have done with another five mins the pit crew had the BQ going :lol:
Are was wanting another look at that myself ,thought it looked a bit tight....:scared:
Didn't have much time to react ..got damage too
Didn't get home in time so went safe ,bad move..should have taken note last week :(

Last edited:
mgo
Sorry but I'm not sure I could make it today
I'm working tonight so can't attend. Sorry guys.
It seems like bad news come in threes. I can not join either, sorry about that Zo.

:( You were missed chaps. Roll on retirement, eh!

So sorry @Harsk100 I was always having difficulty slowing down for the first corner, but I fixated on your car, and got magnetised to you. Ridiculous!

Huge congratulations to BB for his win, making it six different winners out of seven races for the Championship 👍 It looks like it was close all the way through. Wish I had a replay.

Rich really likes the DB9 it seems. Or he did until last night anyway. Maybe he'll crack out a Vette for Spa. He's had three second places so far. When will he get a win?

SPA WEATHER.

Fellas, as we all know, it often rains at the Spa GP. I've lost count of the times the commentators have told us about how the weather 'hangs in the trees'. Therefore, I am proposing that we shake things up a bit by setting the weather and surface water at 70% for that circuit. I really was hoping for some rain to join us for this series, to throw in a bit of variety, but it seems like 50% isn't enough. Please feel free to express any reservations you have about this, by PM if you'd like, and I'll take your views into account. I'm just trying to introduce a bit of interest.

Cheers, Zo.

Edit: sorry that the stewards are on vacation @LongbowX At least your result has put you back in the Vette for Spa. Three wins? Who knows?

Thanks jammy. You gave me plenty of pressure! Half a second after over an hour racing is too close for comfort.

Finishing order in case you need it zo
20170221_220442.jpg

Spa: how about 100% weather all the way (=fixed weather)? Setting fixed weather we could have - say 50% - all the way.

One thing that I would love to try is that we have more than one pitstop by adding tire/fuel consumption - may be fast or very fast. Any support on this?

(=fixed weather)?

I am wanting the weather to vary Jammy, that's why I set it to 4X. That way I hope we'll get people's relative performance changing through the race. Some are better in the wet than the dry, and some are better in the dry than the wet.

One thing that I would love to try is that we have more than one pitstop by adding tire/fuel consumption - may be fast or very fast. Any support on this?

I'd like to do this too, but I'm aware that I've messed about with things a bit already, and I don't want to p**s people off with reg changes. If there is support for it I'm right up for it. I love fast/vary fast depletion.

By the way, I've had a spin round Spa today, and I'm thinking 24 laps (if we're using the wet settings).

Cheers, Zo.

I know I'm not racing as of yet, but wouldn't the faster tyre wear/fuel usage penalise some some cars more than others? (Just thinking about the handicapping)

@Zolon32 have you tried increasing the time progression slider? I think you might then get more chance of the precipitation you were after. There's a dark art in trying to get the weather conditions you'd like.

Last edited:
After given more thought about weather/consumption setting I think we should run settings we had run now and stay with them.
If running 2nd season in future those setting could be modified but let's keep them same rest of races as they're now.

Okay chaps, we'll stick with the original settings. I don't think that it would be fair to change them when anyone who has raced throughout on the basis of the original regulations has any reservations about a change. It did begin to rain towards the end at Suzuka, perhaps PD's 'randomness' actually takes heed of where in the world the particular track is, and makes rain more or less likely. In which case, it's going to throw it down at Spa anyway. I do remember that, in the only race I've ever had there with active weather, it never stopped raining in over an hour, and it was set to be variable, so who knows?

Roll on Tuesday 👍

Cheers, Zo.

Please note chaps, with the drier settings in place, we'll be doing 25 laps at Spa, 105 miles!

A quick word on track limits. I've tried weak penalties, and they're useless. So, they are off, and it's up to you to stick to the rule. There are three places of particular concern:

Eau Rouge. We all know how hard it is to push to the max there and get it right every time. Or, to put it another way, how easy it is to get it wrong, cutting across the top kerb. You have to decide how hard you are going to push, but there is definitely a huge advantage to be gained by cutting the kerbs, both top and bottom of Eau Rouge. If you do find that you have accidentally cut either of them, then make certain that your speed at the top of the hill is no more than 110MPH/177KPH.

The downhill left hander about one and a half minuted into the lap. People often stray wide off the track at this corner, and I don't think that there is any time to be gained overall through doing that. However, if someone is following, within 1 second of you, and you drift wide of the white line at this point, and they do not, you have pushed too hard and have made a mistake, you must give him the place before the next right hander. If he drifted wide too, then he signals with a horn blow and you both continue as you were.

The very fast left hand kink before the final chicane. This is another one where people very often try to carry too much speed, and find themselves off the track. Here, I think the best way to deal with it is with a ruling which says you must stay off the throttle whilst you are outside the white line at this corner. Completely off the throttle until you have two wheels back on track.

There you have it. I hope that we're all able to have a good scrap tonight. And don't forget, if it does rain heavily, there is much more grip off the racing line than on it. The difference around Spa is very noticeable.

Cheers, Zo.

Last edited:
As it's unlikely we'll have a replay to work with, gentlemanly racing should be the order of the day.

On that subject, it has struck me that on the two occasions we've been left without a replay not everyone in the field completed the race. I'll have a three minute finishing period for tonight, so that shouldn't be a problem. However, if anyone decides to stop during the race, can they please leave the track, back to the room, rather than parking up and waiting.

Blanchimont

Thanks John.

So extreme care at eau rouge, phouon and blanchimont.

Thanks BB, I never can remember which is which.

Cheers, Zo.

Oh man that was hard! Didn't want to collect anyone so retired to the pits. Spent the rest of the time watching jocke trying to pass the weaving harsk. Replay had finished recording by then, but big brother was watching! Track limits were good though, just the deliberate blocking on the approach to blanchimont every lap. Lucky jocke is such a gent. Think I'd have stopped lifting eventually.

Great win zo, and well done to all you guys keeping it on track, and holding pace. My lead feet and jerky movements put me off more times than I can count.

Latest Posts

Back