Racers Reunited. Supercar Handicap Championship, JAMMY IS THE CHAMPION!Open 

• Thread starter Zolon32
  • 414 comments
I did quick test yesterday with 100% and car was very slippery and it's not easy to drive - to me anyway.
'Only' C/S Jammy? The mighty C/S! That's all we need, you'll barely notice the difference when/if the rain comes, honest. The weather will be changing so quickly I seriously doubt if we'll ever get anywhere near 100%, but C/S can handle it easily. It'll give you that chance to get it sideways!
Cheers, Zo.

I did quick test yesterday with 100% and car was very slippery and it's not easy to drive - to me anyway.

Jammy, you're the lucky one. For me, driving as quickly as you do is impossible, not just not so easy. I realise that, at 100% wet, the car must be driven with much more restraint than when the track is dry, but that's just the way it is. I've tested 100%, and found that I was around 20 seconds a lap slower because of cornering speeds and drive out of the corners. But it wasn't anywhere near impossible, or even particularly difficult, if I didn't try to lap at the same speed as I do in the dry. It's a case of adapting the level of attack suitably.

I honestly don't think that we shall get 100% surface water at any time anyway, but if the rain does come, and causes people excessive issues, then I'll review the situation for Apricot Hill. The last thing I want is for people to not enjoy themselves.

Cheers, Zo.

A quick word on track limits chaps. I stick to what I think is the most common interpretation, in that, everything that is either the black road surface, or the red and white striped kerb is a part of the track. So, if you have at least some part of your car in contact with, or directly above, them, at all times, then you are in compliance.

Is that the most common interpretation? I've always thought most real-life series considered the kerb to not be part of the track.

That this image, was the edge of the tracks limits (car still touching the main black surface):

AU1465804.jpg

But, what you are saying, is that this image below is also legal, as the car is still on the kerb?

Abuse-of-track-limits-will-lead-to-drive-through-penalties-in-F1-race-430x236.jpg

Just clarifying, for my own sake and others.

Is that the most common interpretation?

It is in my limited experience of online racing LB. The only time I've had anyone strictly impose the white line thing was recently at Deep Forest reverse, and I believe the only reason it was concentrated on so much at that meeting was because of the massive concrete slabs that can be utilised there by those scandalous vagabonds who cut liberally.

So, in summary, the car in the second photo is compliant. Having said that, if anyone does actually turn up with a Red Bull F1 car, they'll have some questions to answer.

Cheers, Zo.

@Zolon32 I also don't have much experience in terms of online clubs/leagues/championships so I thought it was good to confirm that was the case.

As such, thank you for so generously allowing myself to be able to take part, and I hope everyone has a great time today. I however, with be withdrawing from consideration unfortunately because of this policy.

As such, thank you for so generously allowing myself to be able to take part, and I hope everyone has a great time today. I however, with be withdrawing from consideration unfortunately because of this policy.

LB, I admire your stance, but I'm not sure where the issue lies, I must confess. However, good luck with your racing in the future, and it was nice of you to show an interest in my scheme.

Cheers, Zo.

Concerning the track limits, in another series I run in, we use a system which if you exceed track limits you must press the brake for 1 second to self-penalise yourself.

Might not be the best idea to use this rule for this series too, it's you who decides anyway.

LB, I admire your stance, but I'm not sure where the issue lies, I must confess. However, good luck with your racing in the future, and it was nice of you to show an interest in my scheme.

There's no issue, everyone is free to run what they wish to. For me, the end of the tarmac is the end of the track. Perhaps that's old-school, I don't know. Could I learn the track with these new limits? I could. But do I want to? That answer is unfortunately no.

Have fun today! Cheers. :)

Might not be the best idea to use this rule for this series too, it's you who decides anyway.

John, I've no intention of letting the track limits thing become a 'yes you did, no I didn't' argument. And I'm certainly not going to pore over hours and hours of replays in the pursuit of 'offenders'. Everybody knows what the rules of the competition are, and it's up to them whether they comply or not. If it's obvious that they are making little attempt to comply, and they get spotted often enough, then they can go their separate way. But I would be very surprised, and annoyed with myself for failing to control the situation well enough, if it does become to that.

Cheers, Zo.

Could I learn the track with these new limits? I could. But do I want to? That answer is unfortunately no.

Have fun today! Cheers. :)

Stone the crows LB, that's dedication! I just drive round, as fast as I can, with a pretty approximate line. I'm genuinely gutted that you're going, by the way, and especially because it sounds like you've put some time in, in preparation. Sorry about that.

Sorry, also, about the double post Mods, but LB made his whilst I was preparing mine.

Cheers, Zo.

Edit, cheers @Aaroh

Last edited:
Zo. I'm really sorry I can't attend tonight.
I hope you don't mind but here's by 2 pennies worth to the track limits discussion.

As you've said in the posts above, it's about everyone being grown up and obeying normal track limits. However I would agree with @LongbowX that picture A (first picture) is correct track limits and picture b (2nd piccy) is off track.
I think this is how I've been racing all this time.
I'm still going to attend but it would be nice not to loose LBX just because of this from the championship. At the same time, I agree with Zo that we're not going to have stewards and people spending hours looking at replays to point figures at people who might have gone off track now and again as long as they're not doing it all the time and gaining an advantage.

Now I've got that off my chest, hope everyone has a great time tonight and good fun clean racing. I'm looking forward to the comments following the first race...;)
and racing with everyone next week. :D
:cheers:

Stone the crows LB, that's dedication! I just drive round, as fast as I can, with a pretty approximate line. I'm genuinely gutted that you're going, by the way, and especially because it sounds like you've put some time in, in preparation. Sorry about that.

Haha, I suppose that is. I would perhaps also put it as I am now a "set in my ways" old fogey! :lol:

I haven't put in very much time, certainly not as much as I would in the ol' days. But I genuinely appreciate the thought and sentiment, that's very kind of you to consider that.

Speaking of track limtts, as the person who is most most likly to be going beyond them, although whether you consider going backwards and and with very little control as braking them is another matter entirely, I really don't know where to sit on this since personally, I think that the first pic is ok as there is some car still on the circuit whereas the second pic shows what I think is a car on the runnoff area.

Anyways, just my 2 pence on the issue. Also, can't race tonight sadly as I am in the planning stages for something. I'll leave it at that. ;)

Weee, a Handicap Champoinship, just like back in the Makeshift Shuffle days! :D I'm in, but i can't guarantee weekly attendance! 👍
I'll use Burnt Tan, a metallic brown, and #28.

Could I learn the track with these new limits? I could. But do I want to? That answer is unfortunately no.
C'mon @LongbowX, you will be fast enough even while going your own "old fogey" way and showing the kids how to not use the kerbs. ;)👍

I'm gonna switch my colour to Lime Light - it's a bright green. Turns out rich and I picked basically the same colour yellow....

My 2 cents about track limits is that you should always have two wheels inside the white lines at all times. That's what I'm used to in SickCylinder's championships.

So 1st pic ok, second not. But I'll drive anyway you tell me to, lol.

Great racing with you all , will sort my lead out for next week ...
Sorry zolon for spinning out straight into you ,was good battle till then .
Thanks for waiting Hark but looks like it was my fault ,i turned in later to give room but lost back end :banghead:

Thanks for the races Zo! It was a lot of fun
Really happy with the win! :)
Wish @gkgamer could join us

View attachment 619555

View attachment 619556

See you guys next week! :cheers:
Great pictures Aaroh! :cheers:

By the way, I'm sorry about the confusion at the beginning of the race, I thought that Jammy was in 2nd place. My mind has striked again! :ouch:

Great racing with you all , will sort my lead out for next week ...
Sorry zolon for spinning out straight into you ,was good battle till then .
Thanks for waiting Hark but looks like it was my fault ,i turned in later to give room but lost back end :banghead:

It was a great battle though.

I actually waited for you because I think that the spin out was my fault. I shouldn't have entered the corner too fast...

But anyways, I'm trying my best to not have problems, I'm just not very good at this track. But despite of this, I'm looking forward to race with you guys for the next round. 👍

Looking at @Aaroh 's pictures I think it was just as well the Ferrari has it's roof up! Hope you all had fun splashing around Silverstone.
Did you get to 100% rain at all?

The pictures. Actually the car in the first pic I'd say was suspect since that's well over the stripped kerbing and is therefore gaining an advantage - although by the rules it's not. Whereas in the second picture the car has overrun the corner which depending on the track usually results in lost time. (He'd be in trouble if that was grass!)
I think I see where Zo is coming from since there are a couple of corners at Silverstone that tend to slingshot the car out of bounds if taken incorrectly - so he's making allowances for a bit of over excitable driving. :)

I will admit that my choice of photos was a bit hasty as I was trying to post it quickly. In this case, I was just trying to define the edge of the track itself, not so much to determine gaining an advantage in the enter/exit of a corner. Some tracks, like Silverstone, there is undoubtedly an advantage to do both. Others, not so much.

Greetings chaps. Well, I don't know where to start, but I guess the burning topic is track limits, so here goes...

It seems I was wrong. Practically unbelievable as this is, I might be wrong, judging by the majority of views expressed. Therefore, we'll go with the white line thing, with a small, occasional allowance onto the kerb. Repeated abuse of that allowance will result in me having to think of a suitably devious punishment!

Secondly, I apologise for my handling of last night's meeting. I didn't control the situations as they arose, or myself, very well. I'll take some medication before next Tuesday's gathering.

Now, on to CONGRATULATIONS to Aaroh, John and Jammy. Fantastic show of pace throughout the evening.

Oh, going back to the track limits thing, when I wrote about driving standards being a matter that will be taken seriously, I was primarily referring to contact. And, in any case, 'seriously' does not mean making the room sound/look like a Primary School playground. No one is ever far from one of my 'Secret Police', who will report back to me with their concerns, if they have any. But, apart from that, I am not interested in hearing allegations being thrown around. Genuinely, not a peep. If you have something to complain about, PM me.

Zeus, you must be telepathic. Driven away from one identical colour, to pick another. I had to laugh.

By the way. What a belting scrap Zeus, Rick, Harsk and myself had for quite a few laps. I must admit, I was thinking, 'who needs handicaps?' But it's a handicap championship, so handicaps we will have.

Heavy damage caught its first two victims last night, and it has confirmed for me how brilliant it is. Truth is, having raced without it for far too long, when Rich went sideways ahead of me I remained firmly in 'Virtual Racing Mode', kept my foot in, and hoped that a gap would appear. In real life I would have been straight off the gas, and frantically looking for an escape route, just as I should have done last night. I didn't, we collided, and both collected lots of damage. I've only got myself to blame. Seriously folks, this has confirmed to me that I LOVE heavy damage, and the realism it brings.

Post 2 will be updated shortly with the result, and car allocations for Apricot Hill. Roll on Tuesday! (Edit, Done)

Cheers, Zo.

Last edited:
Did you get to 100% rain at all?

Paul! I'm sorry, I wasn't deliberately ignoring you, kind of casually ignoring you is more like it, or negligently. Anyway, no we didn't see a drop of rain during the race. It stopped before we got started, and dried up rapidly after that. I hope it comes out to play at Apricot Hill.

On the thorny subject chaps, I've just done a few laps of Apricot H, and that chicane is going to be a nightmare regarding limits. I intend, for that race only, to have heavy penalties in place, and allow whatever the game will let you get away with at the chicane only. The rest of the track is white line rules. I am, as always, open to suggestions. Sensible suggestions, before certain people stick an oar in. Or, amusing suggestions, in case certain people want to stick an oar in.

Let's go! Zo.

Tracklimit; could you put track limits also in OP? Whiteline: two wheels inside the whiteline all the time, right?

Is it possible for me to pick the Aston Martin V12 Vantage (choice #7), as I must choose from choice #5 (BMW M4 Coupe) to choice #12 (Dodge Challenger SRT8 '08)?

Back