Racers Reunited. It's over! RR GT6 is no more. Tuesday's will now be for GTS (Maybe PC2 some times)

• Thread starter Zolon32
  • 1,681 comments
Well folks, the end of GT6 is very nearly upon us.
Feels a little weird that. It won't be the same anymore whatever happens next,
but all things inevitably come to an end.

KTM X-Bow Street, on C/S tyres, around Autumn Ring Mini.
Each driver has to do a 360 on the start/finish straight each lap.
I'll be there Zo (after ~3 years of racing I can't miss out if this will indeed be the final Tuesday).
Should make for a fun replay afterwards.

X-Bow? Cause I'll be there. :)

I bought Pcars 1 because it was on offer and Assetto Corsa because it was on offer. The new ones? Well they're not on of offer yet so...

The other games may be new and shiny but in the end it depends where the good company is. And if it's still GT6 you'll find me there on a Tuesday. ;)

It's my 40th on Tuesday
You young whippersnapper. :P Have a good one.

I'll almost certainly be playing both GT games for a while. Obviously I'll be staring at the demo when I'm not mucking about next week, and heavily into GT Sport the week after, but I'll still be playing GT6. More normal road cars, more tracks.

GT6 was released December 6, 2013.
GT5's servers were shut down May 30, 2014.

Any official unofficial word or secret inside scoop, Famine, of when GT6's servers
kicks the bucket?

The other games may be new and shiny but in the end it depends where the good company is. And if it's still GT6 you'll find me there on a Tuesday. ;)

almost certainly be playing both GT games for a while. Obviously I'll be staring at the demo when I'm not mucking about next week, and heavily into GT Sport the week after, but I'll still be playing GT6. More normal road cars, more tracks.

Apologies for the double post admin, but I don't know how to quote in an edit.

This is music to my ears chaps. I absolutely love GT6, and the bunch I've been racing with ever since finding Jocke's Z8 club have given me the best times I've ever had on online racing. I'm sure that GTS will be brilliant in its own way, but it's going to be nowhere, compared with GT6, in respect of sheer breadth of racing experiences available.

VIVA MARTES!

Cheers, Zo.

I don't know how to quote in an edit.
This may not be the best method but I click reply then copy this part to the clipboard:

IMG_20171007_085212.JPG

Then clear the text window, save the empty draft to avoid confusion later & paste the clipboard into an edit where required.
The link-to-the-quoted-post arrow then works but the person you're quoting won't get an alert about the quote.

If you're not bothered about the linking arrow button you can just type:

[QUOTE=member(eg Zo)]copy/pasted stuff in quote.[/QUOTE]

This may not be the best method but I click reply then copy this part to the clipboard:

img_20171007_085212-jpg.678028

Then clear the text window, save the empty draft to avoid confusion later & paste the clipboard into an edit where required.
The link-to-the-quoted-post arrow then works but the person you're quoting won't get an alert about the quote.

If you're not bothered about the linking arrow button you can just type:

Thanks Mallet 👍

I've just been giving the KTM a spin at Autumn Ring - ace. It's great just sliding it around most of the lap.

@Zolon32 I see you've mentioned the start/finish line for the turnaround but for slightly less chaos could I suggest the two sections where the longer circuit splits off. There are little areas that are ideal. Still tricky if you smack into the barriers. Will we all be going the same way at the start?

@Zolon32 I see you've mentioned the start/finish line for the turnaround but for slightly less chaos could I suggest the two sections where the longer circuit splits off. There are little areas that are ideal. Still tricky if you smack into the barriers. Will we all be going the same way at the start?

I agree Paul. The back straight seems to be the best place for the spin, I think.

Yes, we'll all be racing in the same direction throughout, except for the spin(s). I'm quite looking forward to it.

Cheers, Zo.

Well, what a laugh that was. Well done to Jocke with his clean sweep of Nurb wins. I've had a look at a couple of replays, and they're even more demented than I expected :lol:

Post 1 has been updated for next week chaps, and Lilli :). Go and find your motors!

Last edited:
Good detail. Can we have bodykits? No flat floors, no spoilers though. :D

I've already got some belme... belters lined up, all in beautiful racing 'Verde Mela'.

Last edited:
Tarting allowed, OK. :D

I'll put the relative times of my motley crew up after I've done a bit more thrashing. Even though I'm not the biggest Brands fan, I'm going to enjoy this, I think. :D

I think that lot was probably worth missing Autumn Ring mini for!

A drift Micra! FWD?
FWD, actual hard plastic rear tyres.

Think high-tech McDonald's car park/trays under the wheels.

Bogey times for me in lobby conditions: fastest car low 1m44 (an FR, unsurprisingly), slowest car high 1m46s (FF.)

I have one FF car which I have managed to wrestle into a tidy(ish) handler running high 1m45s despite it being 50kg overweight. It's awesome.

Got room for a small one?

Certainly have Famine.

Tarting, tarting? I can't believe I used that word. And if (when, actually) I did, I meant painting! However, since there seems to be a demand for it, then wings/bodykits are optional, but no flat floors folks.

Not found anything that'll match Mark's times yet, but we'll see on Tuesday...

Cheers, Zo.

Cool. I've missed most of the free days but did overheat my wheel on day one. 5 hours and it cried enough. Got some more running today. Really enjoying it, but do miss the group and the banter.

I'll be there Tuesday with something or other

Edit. I think I've found a glitch car in the regs, or it could be genius. I've got another couple ready though just in case I get lynched.

Last edited:
Back