Racers Reunited. It's over! RR GT6 is no more. Tuesday's will now be for GTS (Maybe PC2 some times)

• Thread starter Zolon32
  • 1,681 comments
For week three, 2nd May, we'll be using the Renault Clio RS 11, around Grand Valley.
Yes please! But newcomers starting at max handicap means it's pointless to join. Doomed to a lonely last place. Who would sign up for that?

Yes please! But newcomers starting at max handicap means it's pointless to join. Doomed to a lonely last place. Who would sign up for that?
Not exactly Ben because there's a few of the Racers already around the lower figure. So there will hopefully be some competition.

However @Zolon32 Ben does have a point in that it's not that inviting starting at 85% for a newcomer thinking of joining. Perhaps a mid figure would be more appealing (93%ish) and then adjusting it up or down after the first race. As you say it's only for fun.
(Edit: Or will that screw up your calculations too much?)

Last edited:
Hey I won two races! ;)
Yeah. Congratulations Paul. Good racing.

I even got 2nd, 3rd and 4th!! Had a great battle with Jocke and venari 3rd race. I lost it on that damn pesky chicane!!!

Folks, there were some lessons learned yesterday which, being completely honest, was a great disappointment
Zo. Don't beat yourself up. It's a great concept and by the third race we were racing closely with loads of overtakes. So the handicapping is staring to work. I suppose the dynamic weather may have helped bring the field a bit closer too but wasn't available.

I was really looking forward to next week but just realised I'm working late. I'll try to join if possible but might have to suddenly leave.

Have fun and keep doing what you're doing...it's great. :)

:cheers:

Perhaps a mid figure would be more appealing

Here's irony Paul. Ben is on my ignore list, and certainly won't be racing in any room I set up, due to his disruptive behaviour in Sick's series, which went on and on and on, over weeks. So, the fact that the 85% puts him off is neither here nor there.

However, it is only 85% now because I forgot to change it when I changed the base line for the series leader. I'll pop it up to 90% for newcomers, but I'm not expecting anyone new to join now anyway. Then again, you never know...

Cheers, Zo.

EDIT: I'M AWAY NOW, AND OVER THE WEEKEND CHAPS. IF YOU POST, AND I DON'T REPLY IT'S BECAUSE I DON'T CARE... OH, NO, SORRY, IT'S BECAUSE I'M NOT ONLINE, YOU KNOW I LOVE YOU GUYS :)

EDIT, EDIT: PLEASE NOTE THE CHANGE OF VENUE FOR THE RACE IN THE RALLYE ON 9th MAY. IT WILL NOW BE HELD AT WATERMELON'S SEMINAL 'NIMBLE BEAT'. THIS IS A FANTASTIC CIRCUIT, WHICH SUITS THE RALLYE ON C/M TYRES TO A TEE. COMING DOWN THE WHITE WATER RAPIDS HAS NEVER BEEN SO MUCH FUN.

THE TRACK IS AVAILABLE ON MY SHARE LIST CHAPS, SO, IF YOU DON'T HAVE IT ALREADY, PLEASE GRAB IT AND GIVE IT A GO, YOU'LL LOVE IT!

Last edited:
Here's all the action from one of last weeks Suzuki Swift races courtesy of Mr Jocke.

Shame it's the one where I finished near the back. :D

Jocke actually covered my one and only really good overtake I've ever made in this game at the back straight hairpin on famine only to stuff it up at the chicane right after. Sorry to famine who got a face full of swift butt!!!:crazy:

Great close racing. Fantastic fun. Brilliant video Jocke. :bowdown:

Cough, er Suts that'll be Venari not Famine having to deal with a Swift butt. ;)
God. I really need to put my glasses on before I make these statements. :embarrassed::dunce:
Thanks Paul. You're quite right, it was venari. I think it was the colour that got me. Both venari and famine seem to be sporting a purple colour nowadays? I'm easily confused:irked:

Ben is on my ignore list, and certainly won't be racing in any room I set up, due to his disruptive behaviour in Sick's series, which went on and on and on, over weeks. So, the fact that the 85% puts him off is neither here nor there.
Do not tell lies about people.

Here's all the action from one of last weeks Suzuki Swift races courtesy of Mr Jocke.

Ace vid! Really captures the closeness of the racing. Mix in suitable tracks and we're on to a good thing (fingers crossed), thanks Jocke.

@CrazyJohn @Venari @mgo @SlantSix @qken @Team_SWE_1 @Harsk100 I think everybody else has already raced at Nimblebeat.

Anyway, for anyone who hasn't got it, here's where it can be acquired:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/resources/nimble-beat-circuit.2790/

It's got dynamic weather too, fantastic!

See y'all at Grand Valley tomorrow. (My money's on Slant for the first round, but who knows who'll nick race 2?)

Cheers, Zo.

Ace vid! Really captures the closeness of the racing. Mix in suitable tracks and we're on to a good thing (fingers crossed), thanks Jocke.

@CrazyJohn @Venari @mgo @SlantSix @qken @Team_SWE_1 @Harsk100 I think everybody else has already raced at Nimblebeat.

Anyway, for anyone who hasn't got it, here's where it can be acquired:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/resources/nimble-beat-circuit.2790/

It's got dynamic weather too, fantastic!

See y'all at Grand Valley tomorrow. (My money's on Slant for the first round, but who knows who'll nick race 2?)

Cheers, Zo.
The Nimble Heat reminds me of racing at Supercar Championship from January 2016....

Any room for a guest at GV Zo? If you have space, what % on the power limiter is good for me?

90% is the base line for newcomers Joe, but, in the interests of close racing, I would recommend 85%, to be honest. It'll be great to see you if you can make it. We're going to have to do see if there is anything that can be done in plate tectonics, to sort that time difference out a little.

By the way Zo; Jocke can't make it this week so don't wait for him he says

:(

Six minutes of quali tonight chaps, by the way. That's enough for two flying laps. Five minutes would mean about 120 secs wasted.

Cheers, Zo.

90% is the base line for newcomers Joe, but, in the interests of close racing, I would recommend 85%, to be honest. It'll be great to see you if you can make it. We're going to have to do see if there is anything that can be done in plate tectonics, to sort that time difference out a little.

Better set the alarm then. @tooma - you keep forgetting to remember Zo's evenings, so here's a wee reminder:cheers:

It was a good running, despite of me ending really badly from what I expected. Sorry if I was a bit dirty today, but I was focusing too much to the podium and just displayed lack of my car control. My fault!

I will try to do better next time!

I wasn't quite "at the races" this evening. I kept getting interrupted by external sources. :irked:

Race one, I lost concentration and worked my way backwards through the pack.

To enable me to listen to other things, in race two I was driving with my headset half on and half off. This turned into completely off when they fell down over my face taking my glasses with them. With no sound and everything slightly blurred I decided to pit and get things sorted. Not a good race!

Race three was good though (without interruption thankfully). I got to look at Tom's rear end for much of it!

Good to see Tom, Joe and Al.

I was focusing too much to the podium
There's no need to Harsk. It's not a championship, just a series of fun races. You don't get anything for winning, only less power for the next race. ;)

Great fun tonight, and yes, good to see Joe tom and al in the room too.

Harsk, I've lost count of the number of times I've read you apologise for your on track action. If a murderer says sorry is he still a murderer? Just chill out and enjoy your race, don't want you spoiling everyone's fun that you get near in a race.

Reckon the levels are about right zo, and the slipstream did the trick.

Well done to all the winners, not easy in this crowd.

Great fun tonight, and yes, good to see Joe tom and al in the room too.

Harsk, I've lost count of the number of times I've read you apologise for your on track action. If a murderer says sorry is he still a murderer? Just chill out and enjoy your race, don't want you spoiling everyone's fun that you get near in a race.

Reckon the levels are about right zo, and the slipstream did the trick.

Well done to all the winners, not easy in this crowd.
Alright, I will chill out next time.

That was fantastic fun last night Zo and everyone. Really good close clean racing.
My apologies to a few people I took out due to my own lack of skill. :dunce:
I raced mainly at the back but for all 3 races there was always 3-4 racers to battle with.
The handicapping is working a treat.

I thought the power limiter worked well partly because of the (effective) weak slipstream setting which I'd encourage you to use again Zo. Without the extra speed which I picked up all over the track, I'd have struggled to keep up. The second and third races were as close as you could get, the first one not so much because I broke away and raced alone for most of it. Plenty fun though in the little Renault.

Short video below of R2 with some random music. Hope that's okay.

Last edited:
Back