Racers Reunited. It's over! RR GT6 is no more. Tuesday's will now be for GTS (Maybe PC2 some times)

• Thread starter Zolon32
  • 1,681 comments
Just to get you all thinking for week after next:

June 6th: A lesser-spotted Honda extravaganza:

Race 1: Honda 1300 Coupe 9 S '70 / CS

A pretty, traditionally high-revving coupe that is a neat handler.

Race 2: Honda City Turbo II '83 / CS

Tiny turbo tearaway. Good fun stock (as here) but tune it up to the max when you've finished, fit a set of sport softs, and hoon hilariously.

Race 3: Honda Civic Type R (EK) Touring Car '97 / RH

Overlooked TC, nice engine, great handling.

All at (my very own) Lakeside Circuit, which can be found here.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/resources/lakeside-motor-circuit.3555/

Well last Tuesday was the best result I've ever had in the RR club.
Mini Marcos is the way forward obviously as I won a race even on the slippery streets of willow!!! Actually it wasn't the win but being competitive with everyone else that was the best bit, thanks to Zo's handicapping and mild slipstream.

Looking forward to Venari's Honda concoction next.
:cheers:

Three cars with differing performance at a new track (to some of you.) Best put a bit of practice in this weekend if you can. :D

Practice?

Actually I have driven around Lakeside Circuit before, a very nice short track and fairly easy to learn. Looking forward to Tuesday.
Funnily enough I've got a track called Lakeside Park - I suppose being that there is a lake there's bound to be a few more out there.

Tuesday is the only day I race at the moment! Just to think at one time there was something going on pretty much everyday. I must try and get on a bit more in the evenings and perhaps open a room.

Bogey times for tomorrow: I did these on my regular 82% - I suggest you stick at whatever you have found is competitive for you, I'm not going to be suggesting numbers for you. :)

1300 Coupe 9 S '70 / CS - 1m58

City Turbo II '83 / CS - 1m57

Civic Type R (EK) Touring Car '97 / RH - 1m37

The Coupe and the TC can be thrashed to within an inch of their lives, and still will drive with a delicate touch, maybe a slight adjustment of throttle here and there.

The City is a touch less precise but more torquey - as you'd expect from a TURBO! :)

Good grief have there been 10 generations!? They need a new name for it.

@Venari I've just been in your test room (Hondacap :P) for awhile and tweaked my limiters to get roughly around your times. Strangely each car has a slightly different setting. Down to driving styles I suppose - or lack of it in my case. I seem to get along with the City the best.

20170606_162126.jpg

Bogey times for tomorrow: I did these on my regular 82% - I suggest you stick at whatever you have found is competitive for you, I'm not going to be suggesting numbers for you. :)

1300 Coupe 9 S '70 / CS - 1m58

City Turbo II '83 / CS - 1m57

Civic Type R (EK) Touring Car '97 / RH - 1m37

The Coupe and the TC can be thrashed to within an inch of their lives, and still will drive with a delicate touch, maybe a slight adjustment of throttle here and there.

The City is a touch less precise but more torquey - as you'd expect from a TURBO! :)
Are we adding magic oil first? Or not??
Should be there tonight.

The new Civic sure looks like a hot motor - well with all those air intakes it must at least get fairly warm.
Is that a "sporty" model @Famine or is it just the trim that makes it look quick?
Base 1.0 turbo engine in one-up from base EX trim, with a four grand orange kit on it :lol:

Hi chaps. Mazda Kusabi tonight. That little gem is such a precision tool, it's wonderful. I think it'll have to be C/M tyres, with the light weight and low BHP they can handle it no problem. Otherwise we'd be 100% throttle for 95% of the lap.

I'm looking forward to it :)

Cheers, Zo.

Are we in a delorean?
Yeah it appears it Mondays as well now. I was just saying there wasn't enough racing. I'll be ready just in case. :)

Otherwise we'd be 100% throttle for 95% of the lap.
Isn't that how everyone drives? Perhaps I'm doing it wrong.

I haven't posted here since last week so...
Cheers to @Venari for hosting the Hondacap event. 👍

Mazda Kusabi tonight.
Are we in a delorean?

That's it, pick on the one who's so stupid he doesn't know what day it is. Clearly, there was a technical hiccup and my keyboard failed to register the 'morrow ', putting the to and night together in error. I Apologise for the confusion this problem, which was completely out of my control and unforeseen, caused.

Anyway, it'll be Tuesday this week, just for a change. Wooohooo.

Isn't that how everyone drives? Perhaps I'm doing it wrong

Probably, to be honest. Maybe I should get my foot down a bit more, but I always feel sorry for the poor little engine. I'm such a softy.

Cheers, Zo.

@SerenityRiver might be joining us toni... er... tomorrow... although we've been practicing on C/S... 1m34 for her. I think I managed a 1m31 but I'll swap to C/M and see what happens.

** EDIT
Yes, tomorrow. Tonight we raced, my best was 1m32.5ish, and she managed a sub 1m32, both doing good consistent 1m33s, me on 82% C/M, her 100% & C/S. If she trounces us in the first race tomorrow, I said she would be asked to go onto the C/M. :D

Can't be beaten by a guuuuurrrrl, can we, lads? :D

Last edited:
Yes, tomorrow. Tonight we raced, my best was 1m32.5ish, and she managed a sub 1m32, both doing good consistent 1m33s, me on 82% C/M, her 100% & C/S. If she trounces us in the first race tomorrow, I said she would be asked to go onto the C/M. :D

Spot on Mark. We could just use the % slider to bring Serenity back to the pack if she'd struggle on the C/M. I've not done any running online yet, or with anything less than 100% to be honest, but I expect the usual settings to keep us all close enough.

1:31.260 - off-line @ 100%

That sounds about right to me Tom. We'll find out about 8:30 tonight 👍

Cheers, Zo.

Not sure I'll make it tonight. At best I'll be late joining so don't wait for me. At worst I won't make it at all. Childcare duties.
See u all soon

EDIT:
Glad I could join you all for last race. Probably should have been at 90% after all!
Apologies to tooma as I nudged him off at the first corner when he was leading. This meant he got swamped by everyone behind. He might have won it if it wasn't for that!?
Sorry wasn't on mic either.
Had a great time racing and great to see Serenity racing with us.

Last edited:
Thanks to all for letting me join in. I really enjoyed it.

Apologies to Tom for the nudge from behind (2nd race, 1st corner, 4th lap). I think that messed up your whole race as I pushed you off and caused damage.

I'm still new at this and have a lot to learn. And I definitely need more track time with other people. There's no point being able to do a 1.32 by myself if that turns in to a 1.36 when there are other cars around me.

If having me around gets too annoying, let me know and I'll take myself off and practice a bit more first.

Back