races should cost money to join!!!!

• Thread starter 1mic
  • 22 comments

1mic

(Banned)
every GT version i've played i always have too much money, well the next GT should have a thing or whatever asking you to pay this amount before entering, like an entry fee. at first it should be cheap, then when you work your way up to race cars, or even F1 cars they should get to 1000's that way the game wont lose its replay value! :)

That would mean if you just spent loadsa cash on an expensive car and then tuned it. Oh dear I cant enter the race :banghead: id just like to see more variations in price of the tuning, for example The escudo turbo charger should cost waaay more than say the 300zx turbocharger.

Still if they do, its not as if you waren't going to win the race u always win the race no matter what car u have as long as it has lots of hp so it would be pointless to charge u for entering the race

To much money? man you can never have too many Cr.'s :2cents:

For tuning, oil changes, car wash, all the cash is needed.

Plus if you've got too much, then just do what I did, buy and/or win every single car in the game and fully tune them? :lol:

Originally posted by alexy2k
To much money? man you can never have too many Cr.'s :2cents:

For tuning, oil changes, car wash, all the cash is needed.

Plus if you've got too much, then just do what I did, buy and/or win every single car in the game and fully tune them? :lol:

But then you don't have any normal cars for the normal races!

I agree, for realism's sake. Believe me, it costs a lot of green to race, even at the amateur level, and even without considering car prep. Travel, lodging, food, crew, fees...

If they don't want to get that involved, fine, but then they should reduce the amount you win throughout the game. The way it is now, money is a real problem for about the first 10% of the simulation, then it quickly becomes a non-issue once you get some series under your belt.

Racing is a very marginal thing when it comes to budget. To be realistic, you should always be near broke, trying to keep your car competitive.

Originally posted by neon_duke
I agree, for realism's sake. Believe me, it costs a lot of green to race, even at the amateur level, and even without considering car prep. Travel, lodging, food, crew, fees...

If they don't want to get that involved, fine, but then they should reduce the amount you win throughout the game. The way it is now, money is a real problem for about the first 10% of the simulation, then it quickly becomes a non-issue once you get some series under your belt.

Racing is a very marginal thing when it comes to budget. To be realistic, you should always be near broke, trying to keep your car competitive.

Duke, you just never stop trying to outshine everyone else, do you? I'm cool with the whole capsizing boats during squalls and stuff, but now you have to go outshine us all on this topic? Oh well, do what you want to do...

I agree with the lowering the awards. The beginning of the game is good, ONLY IF you don't do the Arcade first and get the Corvette, then it's just not hard at all! But on top of lowering the cash prizes, there should be HP limits for races, weight categories(like if you use the weight reduction stuff, that should show how much your car weighs after that, so you know which races you can still join.)

My main thing is that they've kind of gone down hill in GT3 from GT2. In GT2, there were so many more filters, that you needed more than just 10 or 15 cars. If we could take GT2, up the graphics, physics, add in a bunch of new stuff(e.g. internet multiplayer, online car buying/selling, ect,) and actually use all of the cars they're licenced to(in GT3, if you look, they have the permission to use 5 SHELBY CARS! How many do they use? 1!!!!) it would be a kickass game!

Originally posted by rjensen11
Duke, you just never stop trying to outshine everyone else, do you? I'm cool with the whole capsizing boats during squalls and stuff, but now you have to go outshine us all on this topic? Oh well, do what you want to do...
:(
I'm not trying to outshine anybody. I came here knowing nothing of the game itself, and I don't pretend to. Believe me, the last thing in the world I want to do is act like I'm all that. I went after "Skillz" because of his attitude towards everybody here, not as an excuse to make myself look cool. I'm probably 20 years older than most of the posters here, so I've got the benefit of that extra experience to share. That's all. Please let me know how I'm trying to outshine others, and I'll knock it off.

I've never raced (except for some autocross competition), but I have a number of friends who do, and I've volunteered as crew for them on several occasions. I know what racers go through just to make it to the track those weekends. It takes a huge amount of extra money, time, and work, often with little reward other than simply participating.

While I know that GT3 is a game, I think it would be better served if it took a little more strategic planning to get through. Managing your resources should be more difficult throughout the game, not just at the beginning.

I've never played GT2, but from your description, it sounds a lot better in this regard.

Duke, I wasn't trying to start a fight or anything, but you just seem too educated for this crowd. I mean, we all sound so inferrior and everything.

Duke, I wasn't trying to start a fight or anything, but you just seem too educated for this crowd. I mean, we all sound so inferrior and everything.
Oh, I didn't think you were arguing at all! I'm serious - the last thing I want to do is make anybody feel inferior. I know what I know, and you guys know what you know, and we come here to trade that information! I learn something at this forum every day, or I wouldn't keep coming back. That's what's great about places like this - everybody can contribute, and everybody can benefit.
:thumbsup:

Originally posted by neon_duke

:(

While I know that GT3 is a game, I think it would be better served if it took a little more strategic planning to get through. Managing your resources should be more difficult throughout the game, not just at the beginning.

I couldn't agree with this more! ;)

...and actually use all of the cars they're licenced to(in GT3, if you look, they have the permission to use 5 SHELBY CARS! How many do they use? 1!!!!)

I was feeling the same way a while back when I was reading through the credits and saw this. If they are going to bother to put those cars in the credits, why didn't they put them in the game?

I think this lower amount of money idea is a great idea. It would really teach people some patience and give us more experience to get better. It would also make us choose our cars a lot more wisely.

yeah and remember the times when you bearly get by and buy 1 upgrade at a time? this will make it feel like you have to play and win more races.
all you guys who say "NO" really arent that good at this game, i mean u already get more HP then the AI, and you also get to drive cars WAY better then what AI has...it would be more realistic to charge for races, and isnt this game suppose to be "the real driving simulator"?

pointless, its not pointless having too much money is pointless to me
right now in GT3 i have about 10 million and having that much money makes me want to start-over...
and yeah betting on races would be good too, the higher the bet- the tougher the AI

eerrr Speak for yourself mate? :lol:

eerrr Speak for yourself mate? :lol:

:odd: :blindfold

Are you calling me a hypocrite? Oh well. Anyway, back to Duke. Couldn't have said things better about trading info and learning things every day. So I'll just stop trying to sound stupid after this post.(yes, I am stupid, but I can control how I look by just shutting my mouth and saying things to/about others;))

I'm inclined to agree with just about everything in this thread.

It should be an option to play in a career mode. Any half decent programmer will tell you that compared to the rest of the game it would be relatively simple.

But it should be configurable.

It would be better if various aspects can be switched off, like the pit crew salaries and transfer rates. Tyres once worn out should cost to replace, or not, as it suits us the gamer / racer.

:odd: :blindfold

Are you calling me a hypocrite? Oh well. Anyway, back to Duke. Couldn't have said things better about trading info and learning things every day. So I'll just stop trying to sound stupid after this post.(yes, I am stupid, but I can control how I look by just shutting my mouth and saying things to/about others;))

It's just you said that ,'we' the 'crowd' sound 'inferior' to Neon_Duke, and I thought if that's how YOU feel fine but don't assume everyone else does :shakehead:

Ok I don't like arguing.. lets just end it there? :stopsign:

It's just you said that ,'we' the 'crowd' sound 'inferior' to Neon_Duke, and I thought if that's how YOU feel fine but don't assume everyone else does :shakehead:

Ok I don't like arguing.. lets just end it there? :stopsign:

Yeah, we can end there. If we really want to continue the fight, we can find somewhere else 😈

Back