Silver: Cr. 117,000
Bronze: Cr. 54,000

Gift(s):
Gold: GT MILITARY 001-C paint chip

Target Score:
Gold: 5,800
Silver: 4,300
Bronze: 3,000

TC, ASM & SRF is forced OFF (grayed out) in Driving Options menu.

Course Conditions:
Track: Suzuka Circuit 2014
Track Length: 3.61 miles / 5810 m
Time of day: *
Temp: *
Precipitation: 0%

Tunes:

Please post links for applicable tunes so I can update OP.

Last edited:
PD really need to ban FF cars from drift trials. It's funny to watch a Lupo Cup Car '00 score 17,xxx points, but it's also just plain wrong

These are always my hardest challenges, I simply don't know what PD wants out of their drift trials, so I end up just hacking away at it until I make gold. No fun. I guess I should visit the drift forum, I just never seem to get around to it.

PD really need to ban FF cars from drift trials. It's funny to watch a Lupo Cup Car '00 score 17,xxx points, but it's also just plain wrong

They could fix the scoring and sort the physics out, but I cant see that happening.

I still have no "go-to" Racecar for Drifting. I just hack away at it as @UltimateLurker does. For the non-Racecar ones I have specific cars I use for each, with a 3 different FR cars ready at any time and the Audi RS6 Avant as my go-to AWD chassis.

I use the RX7 TC most of the time. Is there a consensus on a particularly good racecar for Drifting?

I feel bad for even mentioning it here, but like crowhop, I need a few cars/set-ups that I can just get these drift events out of the way with lol

I still have no "go-to" Racecar for Drifting. I just hack away at it as @UltimateLurkerI use the RX7 TC most of the time. Is there a consensus on a particularly good racecar for Drifting?

That's my go-to car for the race car drift trials. 👍 It's usually pretty easy to get a good score with and looks great in the process. :cheers:

Pretty easy gold for me on this one; Scored 5,830 points with a Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG Stealth Model.

Last edited:
Why is there such a shortage of Race Car drift setups? I could only find one listed in the garage of @shaunm80 the Toyota 86 Racing 13. He lists that as the car he used this week. I'm not a good drifter and unable to maintain a drift with this car (very low power). I have used the for the Dunlop ER34 Skyline a few times but its so hard to control the power-band / turbo lag.

I don't know how many cars I have bought and tuned only to find out they are "tuned" and not race cars.

Can anyone recommend a good Race Car & Tune for drifting?

Why is there such a shortage of Race Car drift setups? I could only find one listed in the garage of @shaunm80 the Toyota 86 Racing 13. He lists that as the car he used this week. I'm not a good drifter and unable to maintain a drift with this car (very low power). I have used the for the Dunlop ER34 Skyline a few times but its so hard to control the power-band / turbo lag.

I don't know how many cars I have bought and tuned only to find out they are "tuned" and not race cars.

Try the HKS Genki Hyper Silvia RS2 '04
Its my go to car for the racing car drift trials. All performance upgrades. I'm using comfort hard at the front and comfort medium at the rear. 10 000 some odd points in this drift trial.

Try the HKS Genki Hyper Silvia RS2 '04
Its my go to car for the racing car drift trials. All performance upgrades. I'm using comfort hard at the front and comfort medium at the rear. 10 000 some odd points in this drift trial.

Do you use the stock tune? If not do you mind sharing what you use?

Edit: @Gogga I found a tune for it by Team-Shmo. It worked great, thanks! :cheers:

Last edited:
Do you use the stock tune? If not do you mind sharing what you use?
I'm not home at the moment so I can't give you the exact settings. Most of it is stock as this car is a drift car.
Add some weight to the back to get it to slide a bit more. Lower the top speed on the gearbox as well. You can use comfort hards front and back. I just prefer to drift with the softer compound at the rear.

Edit: @RuddRacer
Here is the tune I'm using for the Genki Hyper Silvia Rs2 '04:
585pp, 582Bhp, 1170kg, Weight distribution 53:47
Comfort hard front and rear or you could try hard in front and mediums at the rear.
Oil change, Mid Rpm Turbo, Racing Exhaust
Suspension: only changes made are camber angle to 0 for both front and rear and brake balance to 4-2.
Fully customisable tranny - Max speed to 210km/h
LSD 60, 60, 5
Downforce front 100, rear 200
Ballast 40kg @ position 50

Car drifts pretty easily. You score most of your points in the higher gears so use 4th and 5th.
Enjoy. Hope it works for you.

Last edited:
I feel bad for even mentioning it here, but like crowhop, I need a few cars/set-ups that I can just get these drift events out of the way with lol
I used a stock Jeff Gordon NASCAR with CS tires to get the Gold.

EDIT: Not stock, sorry. Made 1st gear as long as possible. Tuned the LSD to 60/60/5. No idea if the LSD tuned "correctly", but it worked. Stock suspension, aero.

Blah, best I can do here is 5,400. Anyone have a good tune for the SLS GT3 the top guys are using? I'll try that.

I've been using the Corvette Stingray Racer Concept '59, which is apparently a ****** car, but I liked it. LOL. It's jsut a bit lacking to get the final 400 pts I'm looking for...

Why is there such a shortage of Race Car drift setups?
I haven't used it for a while but you could try this tune I made for the Mazda Roadster Touring Car. Even if it turns out not to be well suited to this event it might be something you can keep in your garage for the future.

I used that tune, but changed some settings.
I kept suspension and lsd settings.Then i changed power and weight balance, brakebalance and simple gearbox.
See if it helps.In my opinion it is a nice drift because it is slow, so i have more time and room to get points, other racecars slide much faster thru the corners and i loose points fast.
I have power limiter on 99,5%, but you can slide it to 100% without noticeable problems.
_Toyota86_racing_'13_Racecar_by_Shaunm80andchanged.jpg

I haven't used it for a while but you could try this tune I made for the Mazda Roadster Touring Car. Even if it turns out not to be well suited to this event it might be something you can keep in your garage for the future.

I put your tune in my notebook as I seem to always be in need of Race Car drift setups.

The Team-Shmo setup for the HKS Genki Hyper Silvia RS2 '04 worked great for me right out of the box.

Back