Racing Car Super Lap: Matterhorn Rotenboden

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 176 comments
United Kingdom
London
nowcontrol
Racing Car Super Lap: Matterhorn Rotenboden

hKw33li.jpg

Image courtesy of GRANKUSTOM .. Many Thanks.

Rankings Registration:
09/10/2014 – 23/10/2014, 04:00 GMT/UTC
Period of Availability: 23/09/2014 – 06/11/2014, 04:00 GMT/UTC

Eligible Cars:
Categories: Racing Car

Entry Requirements:
PP: 550 or less
Tyres: Racing Hard or less
Nitrous: Cannot be Fitted

Prizes:
Gold: Cr. 130,000
Silver: Cr. 95,000
Bronze: Cr. 45,000

Gift(s):
Gold: GT MILITARY 009-W paint chip

Target Time:
Gold: 1:35.000
Silver: 1:38.000
Bronze: 1:46.000

SRF is forced OFF (grayed out) in Driving Options menu.

Course Conditions:
Track: Matterhorn Rotenboden
Track Length: 2.22 miles / 3,573 m
Time of day: *
Temp: *
Precipitation: 0%

Tunes:

Chaparral 2J '70

Tune by GT_Rajman

Tune by iliasdc

Nissan GT-R GT500 Stealth Model

Tune by shaunm80

Opel Calibra Touring Car '94

Tune by de Maigus

Subaru IMPREZA Super Touring Car

Tune by BentleyGT3

Please post links for applicable tunes so I can update OP.

Last edited:
2j again, wish they would exclude it...2 TT's on a row
Yeah, you just gave me a really good reason take some brake from TT's... I mean did they seriously made "the best car in the world" in 60's Get a hold of yourself PD!!!!

And another one is on indianapolis :crazy: Hhahahahaha, nope... Time to give my hands some rest 👍

I'm a bit embarrassed to say that I used the 2J immediately on this one. I should be pushing myself and using more challenging cars. I got a Gold on my second lap with the 2J and I can tell you that my lap wasn't even that nice (for me). I didn't even change the transmission from the Monza TT so I was in 1st gear over half the lap. I fully understand why most of you guys go with the 2J -- you're trying to set worldwide top times. You guys are in graduate school while I'm still in elementary school, to metaphorically compare our driving experience/skill level. You never truly ever stop learning and I shouldn't be in such a rush to claim my Gold. I'm just doing myself a disservice.

I'm a bit embarrassed to say that I used the 2J immediately on this one. I should be pushing myself and using more challenging cars. I got a Gold on my second lap with the 2J and I can tell you that my lap wasn't even that nice (for me). I didn't even change the transmission from the Monza TT so I was in 1st gear over half the lap. I fully understand why most of you guys go with the 2J -- you're trying to set worldwide top times. You guys are in graduate school while I'm still in elementary school, to metaphorically compare our driving experience/skill level. You never truly ever stop learning and I shouldn't be in such a rush to claim my Gold. I'm just doing myself a disservice.
I'm sort of embarassed to be so negative sraight from the beginning, but after like 2 months in a row grinding these events for best time this one doesn't quite catch my interest.... And yeah, I could try just golding this with different cars, but I really like the competition for ranks, keeps it interesting.

ODB
I'm sort of embarassed to be so negative sraight from the beginning, but after like 2 months in a row grinding these events for best time this one doesn't quite catch my interest.... And yeah, I could try just golding this with different cars, but I really like the competition for ranks, keeps it interesting.
Oh, I don't blame you guys at all. You HAVE TO use the 2J because your skill level is at a point where you can literally compete for the best time in the world. But, we all know the dirty little secret -- some cars are drastically better than others for their PP value. So, you and Stotty, SW_10, ET_ (miss ya buddy), etc.. can take a moral stance and use something different but you know your times will be nowhere near the Top 10, 25 or probably even 50.

It's like the Home Run Derby comes around and all the monster HR hitters are ready to compete and then someone pulls out an aluminum bat! The remaining players are going to take their wooden bats and throw them to the side. Why? Because they know the guy with the aluminum bat is going to hit the ball further. Same thing here. I have no doubt you guys could have a blast using a different car each TT Seasonal, but it's the competitor in you that is forced to use that damn car.

I wish PD would just tell us what car to use every time there is a Seasonal Event Super Lap, like they just did with the Nissan GT-R NISMO Super Lap at Indianapolis. Why couldn't they also do a Vertigo Race Car at Matterhorn, for example? If you don't have the car, either buy it or wait two weeks for the next Super Lap event to be posted. This way we would get to actually use the cars we have in our garage instead of the 2J & Suzuki GSX-R over and over.... :banghead: :dunce:

Oh, I don't blame you guys at all. You HAVE TO use the 2J because your skill level is at a point where you can literally compete for the best time in the world. But, we all know the dirty little secret -- some cars are drastically better than others for their PP value. So, you and Stotty, SW_10, ET_ (miss ya buddy), etc.. can take a moral stance and use something different but you know your times will be nowhere near the Top 10, 25 or probably even 50.

The enjoyment comes from competing to rank as highly as possible, but is influenced by 2 factors...

1. Do I like the track?
2. Is the car nice to drive?

Point 2 is the one that really determines if I put the hours in or not.

I'm not a fan of slick tyres, but the 2J is OK to drive, so I don't mind it every now and again. But it's unlikely I'd ever put a lot of time in to a 2J TT and likely not on this track as it's one of the few I don't really get on with.

When I find a combo I really like (like the LFA at Brands), I'll find as much time in as I can - I did 650 miles in the LFA, which is around double the mileage I'd normally have time for.

Personally, I'd like to see all TT's fixed to 1 car... and to have 2 different cars each cycle.

When I find a combo I really like (like the LFA at Brands), I'll find as much time in as I can - I did 650 miles in the LFA, which is around double the mileage I'd normally have time for.
I totally know what you mean. There are some TT's where I get my Gold and won't do another lap. I don't care if I beat the Gold time by a hundredth of a second. I'm done.

Even on the combo's that I like I don't put in nearly the amount of laps as you guys. That has a lot to do with why I'm still an average driver and you guys are at the level you're at. It's silly too because I probably have more free time than 90% of you guys. I should be spending some of that time pushing myself further and further.

Personally, I'd like to see all TT's fixed to 1 car... and to have 2 different cars each cycle.
I couldn't agree with you more. We're all using the same damn car anyway -- why not just make it forced, but with something unique every two weeks? ARE YOU LISTENING PD?! Of course not... In two week's we'll all be pushing our Suzuki GSX-R's around Laguna Seca. :banghead: :dunce: :banghead:

Used the RS200 on this to get initial gold, and was a lot of fun, then tried the 2J just for a comparison. That thing is a beast. 3-4 seconds faster on my first lap, did a couple more and improved by 5 over the rs200's best time. Overall though I rate the rs200 more enjoyable to drive, just for the challenge. Have fun.

1:24.055 at the moment running last TT's tune with a shortened gear box. Could get quicker if I grew a pair and attacked the kerbs a little harder. :indiff:

That woul'd be great! It's a funny thing but back in the days playing GT3 after I had beaten my big brother time after time, I started to grind out the game with huge confidence that I must be one the fastest guys in the world (age 12 or 14 or something :D) and after a while there was some really hard event that I didn't beat no matter what I did, so naturally I asked my father (he knew it all :D) "why does PD force me to drive this stupid car?" my father is a wise man so he told me "son, that car is not stupid, it just makes you feel stupid
because you don't know how to drive it, just learn the way you will be even better than before" so I kept on pushing motivated by my fathers promise to get better at driving and I think it was then I really realized that more I did these "stupid events" I got better, at least in sense I learn to like those hard events and didn't back down just because of a difficult car or a track. So, now we got these event's with same car time after time, on track I already know really well... Hope we get some sense in these TT's. I mean LFA TT was good example, I really got much much faster in just two weeks, but just becouse I saw it as a new thing for me it was interesting, really hard but interesting.

And yeah, can't say I know indianapolis... Maybe I should try to grind that event even a bit, I mean it's only a fair to do couple of thousand km on a track before calling it stupid :lol:

Last edited:
Aww no :banghead: I quite enjoyed the dishwasher at monza, but not another 2 weeks, please!
Yeah, it's not so terrible car, does what race car is suppose to do. And if I'm fully honest I've been looking for a reason to take some brake from obsessive TT grind.I think I spend my time at sierra for these couple of weeks. Braking the routines every now and then may do good. I mean it probably starts to show on my attitude that I'm starting to get fed up with just doing TT's (how is this even possible :lol::lol:) so before that happens, it's time for something else, for now...

EDIT: Just did couple of laps on quattro S1 pikes peak 87 and there's a car I could run laps all day on this course 👍

Last edited:
ODB
Just did couple of laps on quattro S1 pikes peak 87 and there's a car I could run laps all day on this course 👍

Likewise, I wasn't ready to get back in the 2J either.

Just hopped in the HSV with completely unchanged Laguna seca tune and my god I don't think I've ever enjoined an hour session so much playing this game in my life. Never driven this track before.

Managed a 1:28.500, so enjoyable

This TT would be fun if it weren't those flashing shadows and bad rendering... :grumpy:

TT done and finished! Prize: a headache... :indiff:
What the heck is going on?! I never had rendering issues and flashing on this track before. It seems like ever since v1.12 dropped we have had a multitude of rendering issues on several tracks.

What the heck is going on?! I never had rendering issues and flashing on this track before. It seems like ever since v1.12 dropped we have had a multitude of rendering issues on several tracks.

Yes, true. And the game is slower, way slower... I was having fun in this TT, but the constant flick and bad quality was making my eyes heart...

ODB
Yeah, you just gave me a really good reason take some brake from TT's... I mean did they seriously made "the best car in the world" in 60's Get a hold of yourself PD!!!!

And another one is on indianapolis :crazy: Hhahahahaha, nope... Time to give my hands some rest 👍

I'll choose my words carefully this time so as not to inflame all the people who went mental last time... For the same reason stated as ODB.

It does get repetitive when the same cars get used week in, week out (GSX-R4, 2J) obviously these cars have a PP advantage over most cars but like the 2J not everyone owns it or wants to waste their Cr on it (fine if you win it). I prefer when PD determine what car you have to drive - it's a level playing field to some extent - apart from the aliens! :bowdown:

I prefer when PD determine what car you have to drive - it's a level playing field to some extent - apart from the aliens! :bowdown:

I don't get this about PD at all. They absolutely love to remind everyone that they have 1200+ cars in the game, yet they are fully aware that if left up to the user to decide on a car the same two or three vehicles are used again and again. Add some variety to the game PD and force us to use different cars in these events. Occasionally they do. Why not all the time?

1:23.7 for an early 14th... I still wish the 2j was banned though. I don't want to drive with 3 gears :lol:

EDIT: mother of god... 1:23.4 #10

Someone watch my reply.. This could be a short lived victory :lol:

Last edited:
Back