Racing Wheel controllers

• Thread starter Trailer01
  • 7 comments
Anyone have any dirt on what the best racing wheel out there is and if it's worth fronting the green for, after all the hype?

I just picked up a Pro Racer controller based on the online reviews I read about it. Everyone who did reveiw it--only three people, admittedly-- :P seemed to like it quite a bit.
At $20, I couldn't pass it up...

Hi Trailer, I tried one a friend had. I could not get a feel for it. I just kept swerving S's down the track. I was pressed for time tho & could'nt work with the settings. But for $20 bucks , I'd give it another try . If it don't work to well on GT it may do well on other games that you have to drive , even if it's a tank .

:D :D :D
Ha, strange you should mention swerving S's down the track because that's exactly what I was doing. I imagine with some practice it could work okay.
I'm not exactly impressed with its' analog capabilities either, however. It's nice having control over gas & break based on how much pressure you apply, but it just isn't graded realistically.
You gotta mash those buttons down to get full effect....Otherwise you're putting around the track in 3rd, maybe 4th gear....Oh well.
Practice practice practice!

In the meantime, I'm sticking to my trusty D-pad! 😈

I have a great hand held controller with a wheel that looks like a tire. The gas is a trigger like control so you have adjustable accelleration. And there are 2 thumb buttons which also are adjustable. The problem is that I traded for it and don't know the brand. I will try to find out for you...\
I'll take a picture and post it tomorrow. Perhaps someone will recognize it.

Sometimes, I use a Mad Catz steering wheel/pedal combo. The shifter is unreliable, and the buttons on the wheel are hard to use. The pedals are nice, but I can't get comfortable with the whole setup. I'm thinking of building a platform that houses the wheel and pedals for the way I really drive.

I know it has no feeling, but the D-pad does the trick.

Originally posted by pupik
I know it has no feeling, but the D-pad does the trick.

Yeah, kind of. For some reason I just seem to get better response outta the ol' D-pad than the wheel thingy I bought....
This is mitigated by the fact that I'm getting my 🤬 handed to me in the FRI comp I was foolish enough to enter, though! :(

Back