rage against the machine fansMusic 

• Thread starter free toes
  • 15 comments
how do u explain how there hypocrisy? there's a song on the godzilla soundtrack that has a line "godzilla, pure mutha****ing filla, get your eyes on the real killer", and then that song is ON the ****ing soundtrack of godzilla? theyre saying movies are just a distraction for the masses of sheeple but being a part of it?
and how can they be on sony records (godzilla is sony pictures?)? theyre a massive corporation thats totally against everything they preach. how do u reconcile this?

non-fans, how does it look to you when an outspoken political band seems to be exploiting the very system its dissing?

corporate rock = :rolleyes:

free toes
how do u explain how there hypocrisy? there's a song on the godzilla soundtrack that has a line "godzilla, pure mutha****ing filla, get your eyes on the real killer", and then that song is ON the ****ing soundtrack of godzilla? theyre saying movies are just a distraction for the masses of sheeple but being a part of it?
and how can they be on sony records (godzilla is sony pictures?)? theyre a massive corporation thats totally against everything they preach. how do u reconcile this?

non-fans, how does it look to you when an outspoken political band seems to be exploiting the very system its dissing?

corporate rock = :rolleyes:

YOU = :rolleyes:

Besides - RATM are dead and gone - Live with it...

Let me put it to you this way.

Tom Morello = Guitars
Brad Wilk = Drums
Tim Commerford = Bass
Zack de la Rocha = Incessant whining

Although I am a fan of RATM, more musically than anything else in most cases the songs message can go lick Mike Rotch for all I care.

yes I have heard other songs, theyre a bunch of communits.
i know they are broken up but i still think they have a doublestandard

whose mike rotch? new singer? that other guy did have quite a voice tho. and the music was good. but the message was confusing

free toes
yes I have heard other songs, theyre a bunch of communits.
i know they are broken up but i still think they have a doublestandard

Communitis? I thought they were Sockalists.

Allot of music is like this, look at rappers that constantly go on about shooting people in the face on the streetm. But yet in real life they live in million dollar houses with loads of security.

toes guy
whose mike rotch? new singer? that other guy did have quite a voice tho. and the music was good. but the message was confusing

Yes, Mike Rotch is an awesome vocalist.

Ahahaha. You should ask Mike himself. You might get to meet him.

As for RATM's Political messages? I hate them. I hate politics, and political bands generally bore me. But musically, I like RATM. I really don't know why. It's quite unlike me. But their Political Messages are boring.

sing.gif

er..I know you got my PM free toes, so lets work on the spelling 👍

I rarely listen to music for it's lyrics, and RATM is no exception to that. I really enjoy RATM, since I find Tom Morello's guitar playing to be very interesting. One of the few bands that has come out in the last 15 years that I like.

Precisely. Although there are some bands I listen to for lyrics, but they are essentially Joke Bands, and it's a rare thing anyway. Rage Against the Machine are quite unique, and that's one thing I like about them. Their sound always gets me. It's strange of me to like a band like them. :odd:

Being on a major label, they probably don't have a lot of control over where their songs get licensed.

I remember seeing an interview with Goldfinger in which they were asked about their cover of 99 Luftballoons being in an Olsen Twins movie. They basically said they had no idea that their song was in the movie until someone told them about it.

Exactly, but that's rare for them NOT to know. They usually know, but they don't have alot of say. But then again, doing what their Record Label tells them goes against their whole "Rebel against the rules" attitude. :lol:

i think some of their lyrics are quite juvenile, its all **** this, **** that. but, lyrics aside they do brilliant music, and so unique they join the gap between rock and hip-hop/rap. great stuff that most people like because of this

Well, they bring together Rap and Rock better than any other band i've seen. I usually despise bands who do this, like Linkin Park. I only like two bands who do this. Faith No More and Rage Against the Machine. I also like the Aerosmith/Run DMC song Walk This Way. Otherwise, I hate the mix. :lol:

Back