Raghza's Ultimate Racing Seat v4.3

• Thread starter raghza
  • 52 comments
Thanks for the answers, you made some good points. Meanwhile I might try picking up a used T500 just to see how I like it.

@raghza , This might be a stupid question but do you have the 80mm fan drawing hot air out of the casing or forcing cool air in? Any idea which would be better?
The fan blows air in, directly cooling the installed heat sinks. Hot air would then be forced out the vent holes at the front (however the fan cools everything so much that nothing gets hot anymore)

The fan blows air in, directly cooling the installed heat sinks. Hot air would then be forced out the vent holes at the front (however the fan cools everything so much that nothing gets hot anymore)

Thanks for the help!

Hi Raghza, I was wondering if I could pick your brain again.

I've started the process of doing your G wheel power mod but I'm struggling to find a 2.5mm DC adapter with a high enough load rating. All of the 30V ones I come across are only rated for 0.5A. I know it's a long shot, but is there any chance you remember what connector you got and if you checked the rating of it?

Hi Raghza, I was wondering if I could pick your brain again.

I've started the process of doing your G wheel power mod but I'm struggling to find a 2.5mm DC adapter with a high enough load rating. All of the 30V ones I come across are only rated for 0.5A. I know it's a long shot, but is there any chance you remember what connector you got and if you checked the rating of it?
Hey,
This is the one I ordered, it's 30V 3.0A:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/30v...254.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.27424c4dkuWkWj

And used those heatsinks for the electric motors:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Mot...980.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.27424c4dkuWkWj

Ok so the upgrade of the steering wheel went its one and only logical route lol...
fanatec1.jpg

Fanatec CSW2.5 wheelbase and a BMW GT2 steering wheel, combined with my Logitech pedals and the shifter with the amazing CollectiveMinds Co-Pilot.

I got to try the complete Fanatec's ClubSport kit, but I have to say that my modified Logitech pedals have a surprisingly similar feel to the ClubSport pedals, so I decided to save a heap of money and stick with my old ones. Also I rarely use the H-shifter, so there was no need to change this either.
The CollectiveMinds Co-Pilot is as amazing and even easier to use than the DriveHub. No configurating or anything required, just plug your devices in, connect to the DriveHub's accessory port and everything is working exactly like it should. 10/10, would buy again.

I don't think the Fanatec's CSW2.5 and the GT2 need any comments. Just that I will never ever want to use the toys made by Logitech again.
Having a longer driving session tonight to find the perfect settings for the wheel.

The next upgrades to the URS I think will be a new bucket seat to get mounting room for a Buttkicker Gamer2.

Last edited:
My gf got me a beautiful Sabelt bucket racing seat for christmas, so once the FIA seat brackets and Sparco seat adjusters arrived, it was time for another rebuild.
Again the goal was to make everything as straight and solid as possible, with enough room at the back for a Buttkicker.
12.jpg

12a.jpg

I also brought the steering wheel 2cm closer for a better hands position.

Although I really loved the old setup with the BMW E30 seat, this feels a lot more purpose-built and very very good.
Since the build is now absolutely solid (previously the seat mounts and construction absorbed some feedback), you can actually feel some force feedback from the wheelbase in the seat. I can't imagine how awesome it will be with a Buttkicker.

....."Just that I will never ever want to use the toys made by Logitech again." ....

Thats what everyone experience, just wait till you drive a dd, then everything previously used becomes a laughable toy too. :embarrassed::embarrassed: :D

....."Just that I will never ever want to use the toys made by Logitech again." ....

Thats what everyone experience, just wait till you drive a dd, then everything previously used becomes a laughable toy too. :embarrassed::embarrassed: :D
I have actually tried the Podium wheelbase and the difference was not vast IMO. Perhaps similar to the difference between CSL Elite and CSW 2.5 at most. The details are there with the CSW 2.5 as well, the Podium has just quite a lot more force.
But the market for DD wheels is growing at a rapid pace and there's no doubt that the DD wheels will improve even more and will soon become the new standard for most of the consumers.

I'm now thinking of getting some Fanatec pedals too, the main reason being that then I'm able to connect the wheelbase and the pedals directly to the PC without the DriveHub if I'm playing something else besides GT Sport.

Now, one option would be to get the ClubSport V3 pedals and take them apart to invert them.
Another option would be to get the ClubSport V3 inverted pedals, but I'm not sure how well would it fit into my racing seat construction as it sits. Would anybody be able to give me the following measurements of the Clubsport V3 inverted pedals:

csv3inverted.png

If these pedals should fit well in my rig, it would be a better option than to disassemble brand new pedals and possibly lose the warranty.

Perfect, thank you very much!

EDIT: One more thing. What's this for? It seems like it would very much get in the way.
123.JPG

EDIT: One more thing. What's this for? It seems like it would very much get in the way.
123.JPG
I do not have those pedals, but it looks like legs that are there to prevent flex in the frame or to reduce the load at the point of attachment to the base. Do not remove them.

I do not have those pedals, but it looks like legs that are there to prevent flex in the frame or to reduce the load at the point of attachment to the base. Do not remove them.
Yes, it think the same. But in my case I would also attach the upper part of the pedal frame to the playseat, so this would also prevent any flex etc. Another option (by looking at the pic) would perhaps be to remove one bolt from it and then rotate this piece upwards and bolt it in that position.

Updated the thread by re-uploading some of the missing pictures from the earlier posts.

Regarding the Fanatec pedals, I decided to go with CSL with LC kit, as those can easily be invert mounted to my rig. Should arrive in March, can't wait!

Last edited:
Fanatec CSL Loadcell pedals with the Tuning Kit pedal covers arrived and they're perfect!
Invert-mounted and absolutely solid, it's such a joy to drive :) I especially like the vibration you get in the steering wheel when applying the brake.
IMG_20220317_151135.jpg

IMG_20220319_105941.jpg

IMG_20220318_204658.jpg

IMG_20220318_204729.jpg

For v4.1, added:
2 x Dayton Audio BST-1 50W bass shakers, one at the bottom section of the seat, other behind the pedals at the front.
Nobsound TPA3116 Mini 2x50W amplifier

PhotoGrid_Plus_1686915260625.jpg

The amp is connected to the PC via USB where the bass shaker effects are controlled via SimHub.
It works a million times better than getting the signal from a HDMI splitter and it's a lot easier and less messy to set up.

Meanwhile I also upgraded to a PS5 and mounted the CSW2.5 base a little bit closer for a better driving position.
Next up, PSVR2!

Some little improvements once again.
First I ordered the magnetic shifter mod from Etsy for my BMW GT2 wheel. Those worked really well, but the shifts were noisy as hell. Nevertheless I would definitely recommend this mod for the BMW GT2 v1 wheel.
But since I'm keeping my eye on the new CS DD+ to be released, I needed a wheel with an interchangeable QR, so I managed to get an BMW GT2 v2 steering wheel, that already comes with proper magnetic shifters and an interchangeable QR:
IMG20231114161007.jpg

And then during Black Friday deals, added the button caps so my friends (and sometimes myself) would find the correct buttons :)
IMG20231214201457.jpg

And replaced one of the original elastomers of the CSL LC brake pedal with a spring. This gave me just a little bit more pedal travel, making trail braking a bit better:
IMG20231224113425.jpg

So now I'll wait for the first reviews of the CS DD+ and if it's as good as it seems to be on paper, it's probably the time to say goodbye to the still very very good and trustworthy CSW 2.5 :)

Back