Rallisport challenge.

• Thread starter Tom M
  • 29 comments
I just got this game today (because it came out today ;)) and boy am I pleased. :D
The graphics are great, the sound is great, you can use your own music (ripped onto the Xbox Hard drive from your CD collection), and best of all the control is top notch. It also has plenty of modes to play, and a fantastic 2 player mode. (which is how I spent my afternoon today :D ) (and it supports up to 4 player split screen, but we didn't have that many people handy ;))
It should by no means be considered a hard core simulation though, but I'm more than happy with the way it turned out. (You can tweak some settings, but not to GT3's level.)
If anyone that has an Xbox was worried about the quality, all those fears are put to rest. :D

And on a final note, let me say that there are few things in the world that have given me as much pleasure (In a Videogame environment anyway...) than nudging my best friend of the side of a cliff during a heated race. :D

I was just reading about this game, it sounds great!!! I will probably have to pick this up... :)

Oh, one thing I was wondering about...do you race directly against other cars on the track? Or, is it based on your time, as in real rally competitions?

Originally posted by Jordan
Oh, one thing I was wondering about...do you race directly against other cars on the track? Or, is it based on your time, as in real rally competitions?

On the Couple of Tracks you race against three other cars. When you are racing a race with multiple legs in the various countries you are by yourself, and you get position updates based on how the other cars did on their runs. (and you get slightly more detailed updates when you pass a checkpoint. (Who's in the lead, how many seconds etc etc...)
I haven't opened up the Hill Climb stages yet, so I can't comment on that as of yet (and one other type of race :( )

I played this game up at Electronics Boutique up at the mall and I must say wow. That game is ****ing sweet! I'm definitely getting that when i get my xbox.

I'm still loving this game :D I have opened up all of the different race types (but not all the races or cars.) The Hill climb stages are my favorites by far. :D
I really like that there is a variety of different races to choose from including tracks (Gravel or ice,) or stage races (in various types of countrysides.)
I also hear that there are downhill challenges which are apparently the hardest races in the game. :eek:
I love the texture effect on Sand, Mud and ice where your tires spread out the dirt/ice from underneath leaving the tracks. (You have to see it to know what I mean.)
Just got to keep an eye on those zebras.... They watch you when you race... :reallyodd

I think it is. I kept reading on Gamefaqs that it was the hardest part of the game. But to be honest, I had more problems with the Uphills (Koenig especially) and two of the Rally tracks (Can't recall which, but they were pains in the Unlimited class races) The Downhills also look really good, and you can nudge your freinds off the cliffs easier ;)
:D

I finished Beginner, and am on Unlimited in Normal Difficulty. You get the downhill Challanges at 100,000 points whether you've won or not. :D

How are the controls in this game?
Do the cars react well to a controller, or do you need a steering wheel to play this game.

I want to buy this game, but i don't want to make the same mistake as with WRC on PS2. That game looked awesome, but the controls sucked.

Originally posted by Dragoon
no offense to the microsoft guys but i would only buy an x-box if they came out with the GT series........

: burnout :

Well looks like you wont be buying an xbox cuz i dont see the GT series coming to xbox any time soon. :rolleyes:

Not for a looooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg time.

The Xbox will get Sega GT 2002 instead (hopefully they adress the control issue of the earlier game because it already looks amazing...)

segagt_screen003.jpg

gt_screen013.jpg

gt_screen004.jpg

Back