Rally events

• Thread starter bla
  • 5 comments

bla

This is the thing: been doing the races fair; similar or equal cars, low HP none to few mods etc.

So far so good... except for this small detail: tried the first rally event, it was a race against a daihatsu sirion x4 (storia or something outside europe). After the first try I understood I had to heavily modify my own sirion, and so I did, to the max, and to no avail also.
Tried gear and suspension tunning and he would still kill me in the first meters of the race... even before getting to the first corner.

Is this normal? Because I don´t get this kind of stuff in road races.

Despite the different paint-job, the you're racing against is the Daihatsu Sirion/Storia Rally Car "Special".

It's got 427hp, and less than 1800lbs, as I recall; so it's one heck of a race car to try and beat. Quite overlooked (it's a Daihatsu, after all!), although it understeers quite a lot in road-racing trim. I spent few hours getting it to beat the GTAll-Stars, so there's potential in it.

I knew it!
Damn, I looked at the car and saw a race modified sirion so I got the same. Was getting a bit of desperation as I don´t really love gt2´s rally and if was always going to be that hard...

I´ve already tried the sirion rally car, not in rally though and the understeer was indeed horrid. Didn´t even try to tune it, but the specs are there.

By the way, how did you know it was the rally car?

I still find it strange: grafically it's the sirion x4, in the replay it's sirion x4 that shows up, and the "oficial" rally cars usually show up in the last race of a given track, not in the first one, yet this car's performance is nothing like the x4, much more like the rally car... weird.

Yeah.. I recently bought the Sirion Rally Car, in the Daihatsu Special Model bit it said it had 493hp, then when I bought it the power dropped to 427hp.

Originally posted by bla
I still find it strange: grafically it's the sirion x4, in the replay it's sirion x4 that shows up, and the "oficial" rally cars usually show up in the last race of a given track, not in the first one, yet this car's performance is nothing like the x4, much more like the rally car... weird.

When I tested the Sirion Rally in the 0-400m sprint, the replay said [R]Daihatsu Sirion Rally Car...

There's actually 2 hidden Sirion/Storia bodies (one black/white, the other very similar to the Rally Car with red and white) that "lay over" the Rally Car chassis.

Hence, the ass-whooping that the little Daihatsu gives you the first time around, providing you're using something other than a Suzuki.

Back