rally of kenya...

• Thread starter ving
  • 2 comments
after a disapointing showing at the acropolis rally in greece where numerous crashes cause citroens young hopeful, Ving Loeb to drop many places, hopes were up for Kenya. Ving, having never been there before did not know quite what to expect.

Kenya is a hot place and very dry so a setting allowing ventilation and escape from the clogging dust is the way he went.

the first stage left a bitter taste of defeat as numerous errors saw Ving end in 7th position 10 seconds down from the stage winner, Colin McRae.

Stage two and Ving finds that the flater stage seems more to his likeing. Hand brake turns anfast floing straights is what he set his car up for after all. As he hits the first timer stage he relizes that, so far, he is in the lead marginally which extends further in each segment. A rock in a sharp left hand turn (6 left) towards the end of the stage sees Ving go careening off the outside of the corner into rock strewn country. valuable seconds are lost as the car regains purchase on the dirt surface and he is off again to win the stage.
This puts our young citroen driver in 1st place for the rally with a 12 second lead going into stage 3.

interviewed later Ving Loeb said "This is a treacherous rally and its hard to pick a setup for it. There is gravel, dirt and mud just to keep you on your toes. I think i was very lucky in stage 2 and put it down to a good crew"

(hey there hasnt been any write-ups for some time so I thought i'd do something a bit different as i am currently playing wrc2) :)

Excellent! I've been extremel lackisdasical in submitting write-ups. Too much OLR I guess. I don't think it's dawned on anyone up to this point to submit write-ups from other games. Nice move Ving!

First 2 points of the day are awarded to Ving.

AO

Back