Ranking Gran Turismo Games — Where Will GT7 End Up?

CLowndes888

I want to be monkey
Premium
Australia
Melbourne
fubbletrouble888
Probably, but that feels like a low bar.
GT4 is a low bar? Are you serious? Maybe I'm biased because GT4 is my favourite game but come on, it had soo many magnificent features and cars that have defined the franchise.

Australia
Melbourne
Neomone/GTP_Imari
GT4 is a low bar? Are you serious? Maybe I'm biased because GT4 is my favourite game but come on, it had soo many magnificent features and cars that have defined the franchise.
Since GT4. So GT5, 6 and Sport. I'll continue to consider none of those to be particularly spectacular games that would be hard to top, although to give Sport credit it did at least do what it set out to do fairly well.

GT4 was great for the time, continues to hold together fairly well today, and has a fair argument to be made for it being the best GT game full stop. It's not my favourite, but I can see why other people would think so and it doesn't strike me as an unreasonable opinion.

Keef

Premium
United States
Dayton, OH
GTP_KeefRacer
GTP Keef
GT7 has the potential to be the best as an overall experience and definitely the best game. But when it comes to the definition of what Gran Turismo should be, I view GT4 and GT2 as the ultimate examples. GT4 is where the franchise expanded into being a full-on experience, including auto history and photography and whatnot, but GT2 is the best pure GT game in my opinion. That game had so much content that as a kid I didn't even discover all of it - I didn't even learn about the breadth of racing modifications until I was in my 20s, years after I'd tossed my PS1 and GT2 was unplayable, and I was too young to appreciate the links to real race cars that the modifications were offering. It damn near doubled the number of cars in the game and a huge percentage had real racing inspiration. That one single aspect of GT2 is really hard to beat in my eyes.

Ireland
Galway, Ireland
I can say with absolute certainty that Gran Turismo 7 will be the 7th numbered game of the Gran Turismo series.

CLowndes888

I want to be monkey
Premium
Australia
Melbourne
fubbletrouble888
Since GT4. So GT5, 6 and Sport. I'll continue to consider none of those to be particularly spectacular games that would be hard to top, although to give Sport credit it did at least do what it set out to do fairly well.
Yeah that's not a high bar. You had me worried for a moment there.