Gran Turismo: Simulation Mode

• Thread starter Satomiblood
  • 1,810 comments
I think the problem with a weekend time at noon is most people are out doing things, with their families, or at church. Do you usually get a decent turnout?

I think the problem with a weekend time at noon is most people are out doing things, with their families, or at church. Do you usually get a decent turnout?

I used to start the lobby at 8:00 a.m. and the turnout was mostly poor, so I bumped it back a few hours. Last week was the first lobby since the time switch and the turnout was a bit better. Typically 8 players. Not great, but better than 2-player lobbies.

There’s only so much I can do as a lobby runner. I’ve switched dates and times around, even tried a few weeknights. Unfortunately, I can’t accommodate everyone’s schedule.

Last edited:
Yea 8 is not that bad if everyone can stay near each other. 8am though on Sunday is just weird for anyone in the US. Were you catering towards the European market?

Yea 8 is not that bad if everyone can stay near each other. 8am though on Sunday is just weird for anyone in the US. Were you catering towards the European market?

East coast North American players, Europeans, and random night owls.

Last edited:
Good series of races today. Decent participation. Hopefully, it continues to get better and we can have some full lobbies. Next event is Saturday, December 29th. Details forthcoming.

The room will be going live in 15-20 minutes. The room ID will be posted within that timeframe.

Last edited:
Any suggestions on the number of laps? Is 8-10 too long? I tested Kyoto, Dragon Trail, and Suzuka on 8 laps and it didn’t seem too bad to me.

Switched Wall Collision Penalty to Strong. If you have any suggestions, please feel free to share them.

Last edited:
Come on, folks. I know there are people on GTP that are big fans of Super GT. There are 15 available slots for this event. If you want to join, but don't like something about my lobby specs, don't hesitate in posting a comment. Let's make something happen here.

Room closed early due to lack of participation. I’ll be thinking of a theme for next week.

Last edited:
The details for next week’s event are up. The theme will be Euro hatchbacks and there will be 5 races.

Last edited:
Event Update:

BOP will be switched on and the class is N200 since most of the eligible cars are already within those parameters. Unfortunately, this excludes the Mercedes-Benz A45 AMG 4MATIC '13 since it’s far too powerful (N400) and can't be tuned down to N200. To help offset this omission, the Mini Cooper S '05 has taken its place on the eligibility list. If you have suggestions, please post a comment in the thread.

Last edited:

Regarding the Euro hatchback event, I've increased the lap counts for the first two races by one lap each. Considering that most of the selected tracks are relatively short to begin with, it shouldn't make too much of a difference. I've already run test lobbies for this event and it's been fairly quick each time. I could see us getting through the entire event in an hour or less, especially if people follow the directions and select eligible cars. If people select cars outside of the eligibility list, they'll get booted without warning.

Back