RCKakashi14's GT Sport Fanfiction - ON HOLD

Looks like the walls are about to close in from all sides for Maximillian

Page 8 - Kyoto Rumble (Part II)

Competition in the GT300 class has gotten stiffer, with a potential rival from Portugal named Pedro Harsk. This could provide some form of entertainment for Kiehl.

20200501095159.jpg

20200502075834.jpg

Kiehl: "I'm surprised this Vantage suddenly rose up the ranks. I wonder what happened? Did I inspire him or something?"

Suddenly, the RCF GT3 also makes an attack on the upcoming hairpin.

20200502075840.jpg

Kiehl: "Pfft! You're getting desperate. That is not the type of determination that Dream Alliance once had. Kevin has the right to get upset to you."

20200502075847.jpg

Approaching the last corner, however, the Vantage comes in too hot. Pedro braked in too late.

20200502075852.jpg

Despite his promising performance, his aggression got the better of him. He does have one last round to prove himself, however...

20200502075858.jpg

Kiehl: "Too bad for you. Patience pays off, even when in the lead. Too bad for me as well, as I'm now stuck with a team that sank lower."

Kiehl prepares for his charge as he uses the RCF's draft.

(Background Music: Lupin - Black U.F.O.)

20200502075904.jpg

As it slingshots past, Kiehl is filled with fury, seeing the dilution of the team he once idolized and respected, and brought him to racing.

20200502075911.jpg

Kiehl: "I'm disappointed in you. You have now turned into submissive and materialistic drivers."

20200502075917.jpg

Kiehl: "For Hiroyuki-san..."

20200502075924.jpg

Kiehl: "....I will show this team how to become a real driver! The way he intended it to be!"

20200502075930.jpg

Kiehl: "Takuma-san must return to knock sense on to your team!"

Despite the Lexus' continued aggression, Kiehl does not flinch at the slightest.

20200502075936.jpg

20200502075942.jpg

Kiehl: "This is what real determination is! Not driven by money nor reputation!"

Kiehl uses the same line that the RCF used in the previous lap, in an attempt to turn the tables.

20200502075949.jpg

He takes advantage of the mid-engined layout's lower polar moment of inertia, allowing to grab the inside of the hairpin for an overtake.

20200502075956.jpg

Kiehl: "Sorry, I'm not allowing myself to sink lower."

20200502080002.jpg

20200502080008.jpg

20200502080014.jpg

And once again, the 911 RSR continues its dominance in the category defending its lead. Time to move on to the GT500.

************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Meanwhile, in the Dream Alliance pit garage, Nobuyuki Hiramoto gets his hands full instructing the teams to organize all the parts and be ready for driver changes.

Yuki, on the other hand, merely observes. But he had enough...

He goes to the team's caravan, removing his race suit and helmet. Upon changing clothes, he leaves the race suit inside the caravan, bringing the helmet as he walks back to the pit garage.

Then Yuki places the helmet on the table, with a sticky note attached on the visor containing this message:

"I'm quitting."

End of Page 8

Page 9: Kyoto Rumble (Part III)

On to the GT500, where the Rote Strahl GT-R once again impressed audiences when it finally kept up with Dream Alliance Japan's RCF and Geschwindigkeit's NSX after several laps.

The race is in its last three laps. And with the GT-R forming the much-anticipated three-way race once again, fans hold on to their seats.

(Background Music - Test of the L'Cie)

20200503075446.jpg

Satoshi: "Time to get to work once more. I can't believe I'm thinking of this, instead of actually winning. But keeping up with the two is already a win for me."

20200503075456.jpg

However, Nobuyuki isn't sitting on his laurels either.

Nobuyuki: "My little bro is not the only one pulling the weight. He may have done some questionable decisions, but I will still be ready to catch him when he falls."

20200503075503.jpg

Meanwhile, Kevin is aware that the GT-R is pressuring him, but not aware of its true intentions.

Kevin: "You are scary fast in qualifying, and make me sweat all the time. I'm always at the edge of my seat."

The GT-R eventually overtakes the NSX, though.

20200503075509.jpg

Kevin: "Great, I'm in third now. Also, I've heard that Nobuhiko's big bro is running the RCF. I wonder what's the difference?"

20200503075516.jpg

Kevin lets his curiosity take over, as he lets the two cars in front of him duke out for the lead in the next corner.

20200503075523.jpg

The RCF overshoots, giving an opening for the GT-R.

20200503075529.jpg

Kevin: "Seems like Nobuyuki is prone to mistakes. He's pretty much the more sociable and happy one compared to his callous little brother."

20200503075535.jpg

Satoshi: "Nice try taking the lead. But I'm not going to let you win this one."

20200503075542.jpg

However, Nobuyuki is as persistent as ever, having learned that kind of trait from the Kanonji twins, no less.

20200503075555.jpg

Satoshi: "Persistent wench. Full points for aggression, but anything can change in a blink of an eye!"

20200503075601.jpg

Kevin: "It's almost the last lap. I have to turn the tide!"

20200503075607.jpg

Their positions shuffle at each moment, sending the message to the onlookers that none are giving any quarter.

20200503075613.jpg

However, Kevin manages to deduce the GT-R's patterns.

20200503075619.jpg

Kevin: "This is peculiar. If I take the lead and the GT-R is at my back, it's pretty much docile and would sometimes do nothing, but when it takes the lead, its defensive movements become much more aggressive towards the RCF only."

20200503075626.jpg

Kevin: "Surely the difference in drivetrains can't explain that. I'm the only one that drives an MR. I wonder why. Is there something deeper going on?"

20200503075632.jpg

But Kevin has no time to ponder, as the final lap begins. Nobuyuki now decides to attack.

20200503075637.jpg

And manages to snatch the lead once again before the first corner.

20200503075643.jpg

Nobuyuki: "Both of you are impressive, and I won't deny that. But today I've got to win this! I had to inspire little Nobu for the Suzuka round!"

20200503075649.jpg

End of Page 9

Page 10 - Boxed In

20200503075649.jpg

Nobuyuki is set to win, that is, if there are no sudden attacks. Meanwhile, for Kevin, he's pretty much accepting the position he's in. He can be cautiously optimistic at times.

20200504082321.jpg

Kevin: "You know, I'm about to resign myself to the third spot. Hey, it's still a podium finish."

20200504082331.jpg

For Satoshi, however, he's giving out everything he can to get to the top.

Satoshi: "I'm not going to let you stand on the middle!"

20200504082338.jpg

Even at the final moments, the pressure still lingers.

20200504082344.jpg

Kevin's NSX almost lost control on braking. He might have stepped on the brake pedal a bit too hard.

20200504082358.jpg

The third round ends with the RCF finally getting a win. However, on the third streak, Geschwindigkeit wins the GT300 class so there isn't really any reason for Kevin to feel disappointed.

************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Time: 4 pm, the next day

The entire Geschwindigkeit crew including the Formula division reunite in Tokyo and decided to have a city tour altogether. They visited multiple historical and trendy sites, as some of them haven't reached Japan yet.

They returned to their hotel in Ginza in the afternoon, but Kevin once again decided to go to Akihabara to fix things for a fan meet to take place there a few days later.

Mila saw this as an opportunity, and decided to talk to none other than Abel Kern. She then brings him to her room, for a brief but very important talk. Next, she places her laptop on the desk, plugging it to charge as well.

Abel: "What is going on? Why do you want to talk to me?"

Mila breathes out a sigh, and she takes out the photocopied version of Maximilian's journal from the leatherbound file case.

Mila: "Let me be straight with you, Mr. Kern. You...

"...aren't Kevin's father, are you?"

Abel's eyes widened, taken completely by surprise that the truth would surface in the most unlikely of times and people.

(Background Music - A God of Death I: Initial D 5th Stage Soundfiles)

Abel: "What are you talking about?"

Mila: "The truth is, Kevin's real father... Gerhard Kern.... died in an accident a few days after Kevin's birth, am I right?"

Abel: "H-how did you find out?!"

Mila: "All my years working as a journalist, I come across various degrees of information. I am supposed to merely cover for the championship, but as I stumbled upon one Maximilian Marsh, a wave of information came to me in a snap. It was overwhelming at first, but my profession does not allow me to be baffled.

Now I see why you look so apprehensive when you heard his name back then. Maximilian Marsh is... not the man people expect him to be."

Mila turns a page from the journal containing Maximilian's thoughts about Kevin and hands it over to Abel. When Abel reads it, he couldn't believe his eyes...

"Kevin Kern... he's here again. I saw him once more. Every time I see that man, he reminded me of the man I clashed with during my heyday.

He has the splitting image of Gerhard Kern.

Every time I see him...

...brings back the days that made me a loser. He always rubbed it on to me, that's he's one step ahead, no matter what I do.

His acts led to the eventual death of my father.

Of course I could not take it sitting down... so I did the one thing I still regret to this day:

DISPOSE OF HIM.

Until now, no one has ever known the true cause of Gerhard's death. It was me. I hired a man to make him go away. That man said the job was done, he cut off the brakes.

Whenever I see Kevin... those days come rushing back.

But my greatest fear of all...

...is that one day, he'll come rushing right in front of me, bashing a red helmet against my head."

Abel's eyes suddenly burst into tears, and he's shaking. He let go of the paper, landing softly on the bed.

Abel: "For all those years, we all thought it was a mere accident. But now..."

Mila: "And another question: Why did you hide the truth behind his father's death?"

Abel: "It was Alicia's wish never to bring up about Gerhard's death. I acted as Kevin's father, but I even failed on that ruse as I had constant arguments with Alicia. I never had the qualities of being one.

I knew Maximilian because I was with Gerhard throughout his career. Yes, he is a man willing do anything to win, and even bought his way into the big leagues. But the mere fact that he was capable of murder...

...it angers me. How could he do this? Why? What has my brother done wrong? And now, Maximilian is regretting it? How dare he wash his hands like Pontius Pilate!"

Mila: "One way or another, the truth will eventually come out. You need this closure. But as for Kevin..."

Abel: "I cannot imagine what he'll do if he finds out the truth. He will be once again going down the dark path of vengeance similar to acquiring justice for his mother back then."

Mila: "The other pages contain Maximilian's involvement into other scandals, such as the recent doping scandal here in Japan, and of course the failed Vision Gran Turismo project "stolen" by Alan Long that led to Dr. Alicia's death.

If this lingers, who knows what will happen to not just Kevin, but also to us. It's time to put a stop on this. I'll get the truth out."

Abel: "But what will you do? You now know what Maximilian is capable of."

Mila: "There's another reason why I called you. I need a driver."

A week later...

It's now the appointed time and day for Mila's interview with Maximilian. She shows a hint of anxiety, but her no-nonsense approach to work won't let any form anxiety completely take her over.

As planned, Abel drives for Mila.

20200504082406.jpg

The two told Kevin that they are looking after the preparations for the next Formula Geschwindigkeit's Super Formula race. With that guise underway, the pair is ready for action.

Mila has also tipped off Kenjiro about her location and what she's about to do. This prompts the Brazilian journalist to dress up and head out of his house. He has suddenly become concerned about Mila's plan.

The pair has finally arrived at the parking lot.

20200504082412.jpg

Mila: "There, I have successfully connected our phones. You stay here while I record my conversation. In case something wrong goes on, you at least have a copy and you can expose him."

Abel: "Are you sure about this? Let me come with you."

Mila: "You can't. I told you, your presence may alarm Maximilian and he'll conceal everything. If they're after me, I'll run and once I get in, we'll escape."

Abel: "But you are an expecting woman. You must put the health of your unborn child above everything else."

Mila: "Maximilian will also know that I have a photocopy of his journal. If anything happens to me, the world will know who to point fingers at. He'd know better not to lay a finger on me. I have known the risks, but I'll do everything I can to ensure this goes smoothly.

This is one big step to get the closure you deserve. This is the only way in."

Abel hugs Mila first, before she can get out.

Abel: "I admire your bravery. Kevin must have taught you a lot. Take care? Okay?"

Mila smiles.

Mila: "I will."

Mila, holding a briefcase, steps out of the car, and then heads straight towards the building, full of confidence.

End of Page 10

Page 11: Red Sunset

Mila enters the building, and as she arrives to the reception hall, she speaks to the concierge regarding her interview schedule with Maximilian.

Meanwhile, Kenjiro arrives as well. He had begun to worry about his fellow journalist. But as he looks to his left, he recognizes Abel anxiously waiting.

Kenjiro: "Isn't that... Abel Kern? Kevin's acting father?"

20200505092603.jpg

A few moments later, Mila has finally gotten the permission to enter Maximilian's office located on the fourth floor. Upon entering, she smiles and shake hands with Maximilian.

Mila: "Hi, good afternoon. My name is Mila Janson. I'm a journalist from Unicorn Media covering various sports events. Thank you so much for allowing me to speak with you today."

Maximilian: "Ah, it's a pleasure to meet you too. I'm sorry that I had set back my appointments with you. We could have done this sooner. But now I'm free. Please have a seat."

Mila sits in front of Maximilian's desk, putting aside the briefcase on her right as she takes out her notepad to write down whatever answer she could get. Her phone is already recording the moment she entered the office.

Mila: "So, you have been involved in multiple charitable events lately - the Race For Health, We Race as One, and so many others. What spurred you to involve in charity work?"

Maximilian: "Well, I had once been downtrodden, and rose up to what I am today. I do believe that everyone can conquer their challenges, be it personal or external and fight back up to become greater. With those events, I wanted to inspire the youth that a downfall isn't always the end."

Mila: "That does sound very inspiring, Mr. Marsh. Now, on to the next question. What made you join the FIA in the first place?"

Maximilian: "As you know, I was once a race car driver. And I had been motivated to move everything forward. Motorsports has always been evolving, and it has been my personal duty to keep it moving forward, hence I joined the FIA and contributed its progress with my good friend Sir Shaw McCarthy, until he unexpectedly gave the leadership to me.

It was challenging at first, having to shoulder the burden, but a group of people in there promised to help me out. And here I am."

Mila jots down his answers as quickly as she can, scribbling down the most important details.

Mila: "Wow, that's a nice summary of your career in the FIA so far."

Maximilian: "Until today, I still can't believe I have this position. But I'll be "moving forward" as always."

Mila: "Now, speaking of moving forward... let's talk about the challenges. I'm sure having the reins will also cause some problems to sprout. How will you to move forward... if you are faced with countless allegations?"

Maximilian: "I knew that it would come to this. But I am prepared."

Mila: "Of course you are popular. And every sport media is buzzing around on your scandals lately, so it should not surprise you that I have it.

I don't have an angle. I simply listen. There's always two sides to a story. Now, I'll begin with the doping scandal here. It is alleged that you provided performance-enhancing drugs to one Satoshi Ando. How are you to answer that?"

Maximilian: "I can assure you, ma'am, that I had no involvement in such accusations, while I cannot deny encountering Satoshi Ando and helping him out even. I was saddened at what befell on him, but I was somehow happy that he's picking up the pieces and is back on to racing."

Mila: "Well, thank you for your response. I still have yet to contact Satoshi Ando and hear his side of the story. After all, I'm asking questions based on the information I got from various, and even anonymous sources.

Now, on to something that's closer to you."

Mila reaches for her briefcase, and takes out the photocopied contents of Maximilian's journal.

Maximilian: "What is that?"

Mila: "Someone "anonymous" also sent me this. A journal. At first, I was baffled as to why would I have to do something on someone's personal correspondence. But this also contradicts your answer earlier. According here, you promised Satoshi Ando a better future with those drugs. You even personally picked the items.

And I quote: "Satoshi Ando is a promising talent, but a promising talent must also have the tools. The proper tools. I had ordered a batch of Androstenedione from an underground group that has been a refuge of athletes aiming to turn their fortunes around."

Maximilian feels being cornered. Who would have thought that one day his questionable actions will catch up to him? Despite the escalating tension, Mila retains her air of professionalism.

Maximilian: "All right lady, I'll be frank once and for all. So what if my deeds are "questionable"? Why does it always have to follow the culture and social norms in order to succeed? People love shortcuts. No one wants to suffer while on their quest for success. My late father drilled that on to me. Do whatever it takes to succeed, even if you are to throw morals away."

Back in the car, Abel tightens his grip on the wheel as he listens to Maximilian's answer.

Mila then clenches her fist, and then proceeds to her next set of questions. She has mustered up all of her courage to face a potentially dangerous man right in front of her.

Mila: "Even if that means murdering someone?"

Maximilian's eyes widened. His dirtiest secret that he took a lot of effort to hide, now discovered.

Mila: "What can you say when you approved of Alan Long's plan of disposing a certain engineer named Dr. Engr. Alicia Kern? I managed to interview Alan Long while he was in prison, and that was the first time I heard your name. And in a way not I was expecting.

And also, what can you say, when you arranged the murder of one Gerhard Kern? What was he to you?"

There's an eerie silence in the room. However, Maximilian has to act proper and not lose composure. He loosened his necktie.

Maximilian: "Gerhard Kern... that man tested my character. He was, and I gotta admit, one fine example of success personified. He was once my teammate, until he kicked me out after finding out that my father and I were fixing races. It bruised his ego. I was just doing him a favor, making it very easy for him to capture the gold. But what I don't understand is why was that called "cheating"? Why can't people accept the fact that you don't really have to work so hard for something you want? Shortcuts are a good thing! Why would that bruise a man's ego? Life was never fair, and if you want to stay alive, then I'm afraid you have to do something questionable.

I was... growing up... like a loser. I never achieved anything when I was a kid. I was watching these "winners" getting what they want through hard work and studies. Yet I did the same thing and failed. I wondered myself why. Am I set to be a failure? My father assured me that I am not, and he ensured my success in school. Even in connections, I got everything I wanted thanks to my dad.

And Gerhard Kern... his ideals of hard work led to the eventual demise of my father. I was upset... I cannot believe that happened. So I fulfilled that void... by letting someone dirty his hands and dispose of him."

Upon hearing the answer, Abel was filled with anger and grief, that he banged the steering wheel as he cries. He now knows the truth from the man himself.

Mila: "And you regretted it?"

Maximilian: "Yes... especially after finding out that he bore a son. Kevin Kern. I fear the day he'll find out the truth. I could have done something better to quell my anger and dealt with Gerhard in a more peaceful manner. Up to this day, this guilt has not escaped my heart.

I'm afraid I had to cut off this interview. I cannot handle this much stress today. I have to ask you to leave."

Mila: "All right then. I respect your decision. Well then, it was nice seeing you, Mr. Marsh."

She returns her things to her briefcase and stands up. Then she leaves the room and head towards the elevator. As she gets in, Maximilian quickly reaches for the phone.

Maximilian: "Security? Make sure you get that woman's briefcase. Use force if you have to."

As Mila reaches the ground floor, she notices two men following her until they start running towards her as she reaches for the exit. Mila senses danger, and she starts to stride and run towards the parking lot.

Mila: "I know this will happen! I've got to make it!"

But her pregnancy proves to be a hindrance as she also has to prioritize her unborn child's safety. However, Abel was able to spot Mila running towards the car. In haste, Abel gets out... and so does Kenjiro, with a gun hidden in his blazer.

One of the men manages to tackle and bring down Mila, with her abdomen slamming on the pavement and the briefcase sliding away.

Mila: "LET ME GO!"

Kenjiro fires a warning shot and with that distraction, she manages to kick the man away and stand up, but the other man is reaching for her briefcase. However, Kenjiro pulls the trigger, and manages to hit the man's arm prompting to let go of the briefcase. Kenjiro rushes and hits the man's abdomen with his knee to totally subdue him. He hands over the briefcase to Abel.

Kenjiro: "BOTH OF YOU! GET OUT OF HERE!"

Abel escorts Mila back to the car, writhing in pain.

Kenjiro holds the two men in gunpoint.

Kenjiro: "Step one more and both your heads will have bullet holes on them. Tell your boss that it's over."

Kenjiro puts up a grin on his face as he slowly backtracks to his car while pointing his gun at the two men.

Abel drives at his very best to make sure they make it to the hospital. Mila is clutching on her stomach.

20200505092615.jpg

Abel: "Hang on, Mila. Hang on. I too am anguished."

20200505092623.jpg

Abel: "I should have gotten inside with you and punched him! He will not see the light of day!"

***************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Kevin gets word about what happened to Mila. He rushes to the Tokyo General Hospital along with Julie. They were able to locate the room where Mila is.

Upon entering, he sees Mila on the bed, looking at Kevin with a face filled with depression, her eyes teary. Kenjiro, meanwhile, leans on the wall. Abel could not even face his nephew.

Kevin: "MJ..."

Mila: "I'm sorry, Kevin..."

"We lost the baby..."

Upon hearing the grim news, Kevin gasps and his eyes widened. His plans of having a wonderful family - the very thing he wanted for so long - are now derailed.

End of Page 11

Oh this ain't good. Now Kevin is going to be Defcon 1 levels of angry.

Page 12 - Color Shift

Kevin and Julie are met with the shock of their lives. Julie can only gasp and cover and mouth.

And Kevin, his eyes widened, and his fist clenched slightly.

Kevin: "What happened?"

At first, silence dominates the room. Only the loud whirr of the air conditioning unit can be heard.

Mila: "I interviewed Maximilian Marsh...."

Kevin was aware that she'll interview him, but not on this day.

Kevin: "And? What's he got to do with this?"

With that follow up question, Mila can only look down, and Abel faces the window.

Kenjiro stands away from the wall he's leaning and crosses his arms upon facing Kevin.

Kenjiro: "Seems like I'll be the one doing the talking. Well, Kevin... there are a lot of things you do not know. Where will I start? Ah! Of course! Maximilian Marsh. Do you think the head of the FIA is as clean as a bean? Oh you bet. Well, the truth is...

...he's scared of you. And he'll do everything he can to make that fear go away. Why did he acquire Dream Alliance Japan? Simple! He wants you out of the league. He believed that Nobuhiko Hiramoto has the capability to put you out of commission, using his father's "goal" to drive him.

And why is he scared of you? Well, why don't you ask Abel here?"

Kevin: "Dad? What's going on?"

Mustering up his courage to finally deliver the truth he and Kevin's mother were trying to hide, he breathes heavily and faces Kevin. His face is devoid of tears and convey nothing more but seriousness.

Abel: "Kevin.... I'm.... not your father."

Kevin: "You're not my father? Okay, this is getting out of hand. Mila and I lost the baby, and now we're heading to my parentage."

Abel: "But it's the only way for me to explain why this happened. Listen to me, Kevin."

20200223185841.jpg

Abel: "Your father is named Gerhard Kern, my older brother. He was a popular race car driver in Europe at the time.

20200324134957.jpg

Abel: "Maximilian enters the picture because he used to be his teammate. However, a feud between them led Gerhard to kick him out of the team. That's when their rivalry started."

20200329075833.jpg

20200411085559.jpg

20200411085618.jpg

Abel: "Despite the odds, your father prevailed every time they clashed. And then the fateful day came. A few days after you were born..."

20200412073950.jpg

20200412073956.jpg

Abel: "He died on a car accident. From that day on, your mother and I agreed to keep his fate away from you. I acted as your father and as you know, that failed. We were so unaware of the circumstances. Until today.... Mila?"

Mila then reaches for her phone on the table beside her bed. She accesses the recorded file of her interview and fast forwards it to Maximilian's confession. She then plays it in maximum volume.

Mila: "What can you say when you approved of Alan Long's plan of disposing a certain engineer named Dr. Engr. Alicia Kern? I managed to interview Alan Long while he was in prison, and that was the first time I heard your name. And in a way not I was expecting.

And also, what can you say, when you arranged the murder of one Gerhard Kern? What was he to you?"

Maximilian: "Gerhard Kern... that man tested my character. He was, and I gotta admit, one fine example of success personified. He was once my teammate, until he kicked me out after finding out that my father and I were fixing races. It bruised his ego. I was just doing him a favor, making it very easy for him to capture the gold. But what I don't understand is why was that called "cheating"? Why can't people accept the fact that you don't really have to work so hard for something you want? Shortcuts are a good thing! Why would that bruise a man's ego? Life was never fair, and if you want to stay alive, then I'm afraid you have to do something questionable.

I was... growing up... like a loser. I never achieved anything when I was a kid. I was watching these "winners" getting what they want through hard work and studies. Yet I did the same thing and failed. I wondered myself why. Am I set to be a failure? My father assured me that I am not, and he ensured my success in school. Even in connections, I got everything I wanted thanks to my dad.

And Gerhard Kern... his ideals of hard work led to the eventual demise of my father. I was upset... I cannot believe that happened. So I fulfilled that void... by letting someone dirty his hands and dispose of him."

Mila: "And you regretted it?"

Maximilian: "Yes... especially after finding out that he bore a son. Kevin Kern. I fear the day he'll find out the truth. I could have done something better to quell my anger and dealt with Gerhard in a more peaceful manner. Up to this day, this guilt has not escaped my heart.

I'm afraid I had to cut off this interview. I cannot handle this much stress today. I have to ask you to leave."

Mila: "I interviewed him to hear his answers regarding the allegations thrown against him. That was my original purpose. But before that, I have been bombarded with pieces of information regarding his actions in the past. I had to get them out from the man himself. I merely asked for confirmation, and this happened..."

Mila starts to cry, over the thought of losing an opportunity for her and Kevin to start a family. They had been working for it for quite some time.

Kenjiro: "And naturally, Maximilian Marsh wanted to keep the information out of public knowledge. He sent men to harass her and steal the evidence she has.

The reason why these two are doing it on your back, is because they want you to focus on winning the championship. But fate can be cruel sometimes."

Julie: "Gerhard Kern? That's a name I never heard in a long time. I was only a child when I first met him, and that was the only memory I have."

Kenjiro: "Hadn't these two acted, your career and possibly even your life, will be in danger. Now that you know everything, I suggest you strike when the iron is hot. Mila will expose him, and it will be the time he's vulnerable. Act on it."

Kevin could not even react. He's overwhelmed with the revelation. A man he thought would be an honorable and inspiring person, would now be a dirty person in his eyes. With the fact that he never met his real father further adds to the pain.

His eyes start to tear up.

Kenjiro: "If you want to get close to Maximilian, start with his partners. I suggest someone you know? What about Uwe Gottlieb? He's the man closest to Maximilian, and from him, you can get answers."

Kevin merely storms out of the room, slamming the door shut.

Julie: "Kevin!"

Abel: "I'll talk to him. I owe him a lot."

Abel follows suit, while Julie proceeds to hug Mila to comfort her. After all, she experienced the same pain.

Abel manages to find Kevin outside, sitting down among the bushes at the parking lot, crying. He then sits down and pats Kevin's back.

Abel: "I'm sorry..."

Kevin, filled with grief and rage, lashes out.

Kevin: "WHAT IS GOING ON?! WHY CAN'T WE HAVE A WONDERFUL AND LOVING FAMILY FOR ONCE?! DON'T I DESERVE IT?! WHAT HAVE I DONE WRONG?!"

Abel: "Forgive me... for not telling the truth. I wished I could have done so much sooner."

Kevin: "I'm doing everything I can to move forward. And now, this came...."

Abel: "I knew what you did to get your mother's justice, but this time... we'll do for your father... together. We will go through with this together."

Abel touches Kevin and the two look at each other.

Abel: "Listen to me. We will get through with this. Your father was a fighter, and he passed it on to you. I see that in you. He fought fair and square, and so that's what we will do.

Remember this. Life isn't about waiting the storm to pass, but about learning to dance in the rain. Your grandfather told that to me and your father."

Abel then hugs Kevin.

Time: 10 am, one week later

A few days before the race, Geschwindigkeit manages to take the opportunity for practice. Julie told Kiehl and Janine what happened to Mila, but ordered not to bring it up in order to prevent losing morale for the entire team.

Kevin jumps straight into practice, albeit in a more focused mood. While he greeted the other crew members casually, his outlook has completely changed since the tragedy of losing his unborn child.

20200506074316.jpg

20200506074324.jpg

20200506074332.jpg

Kiehl has also got to work, in order to drown out the depressing air.

20200506074338.jpg

Kiehl: "I never once thought Maximilian can do something like this dirty. By an extent, he must have killed my mother too."

20200506074344.jpg

Kiehl: "I can also feel what Kevin is feeling right now. I will tell him, that he always has my back."

20200506074350.jpg

Meanwhile, Dream Alliance Japan arrives for the practice as well. Naturally, this is something the Hiramoto brothers look forward to winning.

20200506074401.jpg

Kevin returns to the pit garage and steps out of the car. Without any humor nor nonsense he usually adds to his feedback, he directly goes to the point.

Kevin: "I'm having oversteer in some sections. Soften the rear, please."

As he goes out to the pit lane to take a breath of fresh air, he sees the Hiramoto brothers. Clenching his fist, he approaches them.

Nobuhiko sees Kevin in a very serious tone. While the two are not in good terms, Nobuhiko sees something... darker.

Nobuhiko: "Oh hey. Nice seeing you here."

Kevin: "I am aware that this is your "home course". I'm expecting you to be tougher."

Nobuhiko: "You will see that. And you should be honored that I'll give it to you."

Kevin shows a rather sinister grin.

Kevin: "Du siehst den Wald vor lauter Bäumen nicht." (You don't see the forest for all the trees)

Nobuhiko: "I will win here. No matter what you say."

Kevin: "Word of advice before I go. You are working for a murderer. If you have a soul, then I suggest you start packing."

Kevin leaves Nobuhiko, leaving the latter surprised.

Nobuhiko: "How does he know I'm working for Maximilian? And he's a murderer? Kevin... he's....

"...gotten darker. Something is not right."

End of Page 12

Last edited:
Page 13: One Last Fight

Time: 7 pm

The testing was rigorous, but Kevin and Kiehl managed to find the ideal setting for their respective cars. Everything is set.

After that, they returned to the nearby hotel for resting. At Kevin's instruction, Julie summoned Kiehl and Janine to Kevin's room for a brief but important meeting.

When everyone is complete, Kevin clears his throat. Every key member is present.

Kevin: "Thank you all for coming. I summoned you all for an important announcement.

I'm sure everyone in this room now knows what happened. And I've gone through a lot of thinking and discussing with MJ about it. Today, I've arrived at this important decision I'm going to make.

I'm temporarily leaving the team."

Kiehl: "What?!"

Janine: "Why?"

Kevin breathes heavily. He is fully committed to what he's about to do, but an explanation is in order.

Kevin: "I have decided that after the Super GT, I'm going to end this looming danger, and I don't want the team to get involved. Maximilian Marsh will eventually target us, and I will make sure that no one in the team will have to suffer. If I don't act now, everyone of us will be in danger, both our careers, or worse, including our lives.

Julie will still provide everything you need. Abel here will still look after the Formula Division, and will also relay the minutes of this meeting to the drivers as well. MJ will be the one exposing Maximilian's deeds.

I will definitely put my life on the line to set something right. FIA has gotten rotten, and I will clean out the culprit."

Kiehl: "Kevin... you don't have to be reckless."

Kevin: "If Maximilian sees I'm with you, he'll harass everyone in the team if he sees fit. I'm not going to forgive myself if that happens. That's why I'm leaving for a while.

If I had gotten justice for my mother, then surely I can get one not only for my real father, but also for my entire family as well. This mess has been lingering on for decades and has affected lives of racers, even the Kanonjis. Everything that happened so far is all because of one man - Maximilian Marsh.

I will be seeking Mr. Uwe Gottlieb, as he is the man closest to Maximilian. I strongly believe, he'll help me. I have this feeling, every time I'm with him I feel so light and I feel comfortable. But strangely enough, I don't feel he's putting me into a trap either. He's genuine.

Anyhow, thank you for all the time, and the Kevin you once knew will return. I'll be temporarily deactivating my personal social media accounts as well, but I'll make an announcement to my fans before I do so, under the guise that I'll be searching for myself. I'm going under the radar."

Kiehl looks down in sadness, but he then faces his teammate once more with a smile.

Kiehl: "I respect your decision. But there's one thing you can always count on.

We have your back."

Everyone nods upon hearing that last sentence, and Julie proceeds to hug Kevin as well. This prompts the rest to do the same, culminating in a group hug.

Kevin: "Thank you, guys. This is the one last fight I'm going to take part in. I'm doing it for the entire racing world."

***********************************************************************************************************************************************************

Time: 1 pm, two days later

The final round is underway. The GT500 race is as exciting as usual, but even so in the GT300 class. Pedro Harsk will once again put up a fight...

20200507090504.jpg

Kiehl: "Quite fascinating, Pedro Harsk is once again slightly slower than me in the qualifying. I'm expecting nothing less."

20200507090514.jpg

As if on cue, Pedro starts his aggression by taking the inside line of the Dunlop curve.

20200507090519.jpg

Kiehl, however, decides to block the overtake, prompting Pedro to slow down as the Vantage touches the grass.

20200507090525.jpg

20200507090531.jpg

Kiehl: "Sorry, I've got to be a jerk on this one. Especially now I know what's going on in the racing world!"

(Background Music: Super Driver - Manuel)

20200507090537.jpg

However, Pedro does not show any willingness to give up, either. He takes advantage of the powerful naturally-aspirated V12 engine on the straight.

20200507090543.jpg

The Vantage squeezes past through 130R at exceptional speed.

20200507090549.jpg

However, the speed is rather too much...

20200507090555.jpg

It caused the Vantage to understeer to a curb, and...

20200507090601.jpg

...spin out of control.

Kiehl: "I admire your bravery, but you've got to put it into the right place and use."

20200507090607.jpg

Kiehl still doesn't have room to breathe, however, as the Dream Alliance Japan is also making aggressive moves.

20200507090613.jpg

Kiehl: "Just as I expected from Maximilian's payroll. They've gotten desperate into beating us. Well, your boss will land behind bars pretty soon. He'd better hide properly. Kevin has proven to be a dangerous foe."

20200507090619.jpg

However, the RCF GT3 understeers in the hairpin, a common problem among front-engined cars tackling the circuit.

20200507090625.jpg

Kiehl: "Front-engined cars will always have the tendency to plow their noses out, be it an FR, FF, or 4WD."

20200507090631.jpg

With the RCF's understeer, Kiehl gets a better cornering exit and prompts the RSR to power out of the straight to take the lead once more.

20200507090637.jpg

Then the RSR soldiers on the 130R...

20200507090643.jpg

...however, Kiehl seems to have miscalculated.

20200507090649.jpg

However, Kiehl merely puts up a grin, as he makes aggressive steering wheel movements and footwork to keep the car in control.

20200507090655.jpg

20200507090701.jpg

Kiehl: "You think I'm going to falter just because this is your home course? In your dreams!"

End of Page 13

SNEAK PREVIEW: ROTE STRAHL

First Race 7.jpg

First Race 8.jpg

2nd Race 11.jpg

Discovery Preview.jpg

"If you Germans have the Nurburgring, then Palm City has what you call "Discovery". It's way more fun than the Green Hell, I tell you."

Page 14: The Crimson Beast of Stuttgart

Time: 7 pm

Somewhere across the world... across the Pacific....

In a villa located in the suburbs, hours away from a metropolis...

There lies a sleeping Maximilian Marsh, perhaps having a nap before dinner.

As he turns his head up facing the ceiling, he feels something weighty on his chest. Upon opening his eyes, he is in for the shock of his life.

It's Kevin... in a black jumpsuit, perching and staring at him with a murderous scowl. Before he can gasp, Kevin wraps his hands around Maximilian's neck. The old man can only put his hand on Kevin's arms to fight back...

...but the strangling gets tighter at each second. Maximilian is gasping for air.

Kevin: "This will be your last day to live."

Maximilian: "K-Kevin... w-what are you..?!"

Kevin: "You killed my father and my unborn child. You killed my chance of having a happy family. Now, I'll ruin yours. STARTING WITH YOU!"

Kevin tightens his grip even further, until Maximilian is running out of air.

However...

...Maximilian manages to open his eyes and jolt up. He puts his hand on his neck, and then he sees the window slightly open, with the drapes slowly moving along with the draft. It was a horrible vision of things to come.

He then hears someone knocking on the door. It's his daughter, Czarina.

Czarina: "Dad... dinner's served. Let's eat."

He breathes out a sigh of relief and he puts his slippers on. He gets out of the room and descends the staircase with his daughter.

Upon reaching the dining area, Maximilian sits first and his daughter next. Czarina cooked roast chicken for dinner, learning from her mother who passed on after succumbing from a disease. She then opens up the television, then switches to the sports channel showing the live race of the final round of Super GT.

It's the last three laps of the race. The footage shows the NSX defending its lead from the RCF.

Czarina: "This Kevin guy is incredible, clearly upsetting the home advantage of the Japanese drivers."

Maximilian: "He is. A guy you should never underestimate."

Czarina: "But he's known for cosplaying and pretty much a social media star. Driving and social media don't always mix well."

Maximilian: "People can surprise you, Czarina. Plus, he's under the tutelage of Walter Rohrl. Don't dismiss him."

Czarina: "Anyhow, may I ask you something? Why are we in this mansion? It's totally far away from the city, and I've never been here before."

Maximilian: "Sometimes, you need an escape. An escape from reality. When reality pushes down too much on you, you gotta... breathe."

Czarina: "All right. That's reasonable. Being a head of an organization does make you spend more time in the office than home."

Maximilian: "Czarina... soon, you'll appreciate what life really is. It's more than just furthering your career."

Maximilian then begins carving up the roast chicken. He prefers the white meat with a bit of the skin.

**************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Now, back in to the action...

20200508082655.jpg

With the race nearing its end, the aggression peaks.

20200508082701.jpg

Nobuhiko: "Seems like Kevin lasted longer than everyone I've faced here before. What drives him?"

(Background Music: Breakin' Out - Ace)

20200508082708.jpg

But Nobuhiko's curiosity has ran out, as he is now on the receiving end, with the NSX proving to have a better pace at the S Curves.

20200508082715.jpg

20200508082721.jpg

Kevin: "If this is your home course, then how come I'm not struggling?! Where's your pride now, Nobuhiko?! Has Maximilian bought it?!"

20200508082727.jpg

Meanwhile, the Rote Strahl GT-R encountered a tire issue that set them back. But Satoshi does share his insights.

20200508082733.jpg

Satoshi: "I can only hope that Kevin causes an upset in Suzuka today. This is not Nobuhiko's home course, and that is a lesson about complacence."

20200508082739.jpg

Kevin was overtaken approaching the Spoon Curve.

20200508082745.jpg

Nobuhiko: "You can brake a bit later on Super GT cars, you know?"

But Kevin can only put up a grin, and even goads Nobuhiko.

20200508082752.jpg

Kevin: "Let's see where your father's "goal" can take you. You do have a twisted view on it."

Foot flat on the floor, the two cars brave through the 130R.

20200508082757.jpg

Nobuhiko looks at the side mirror, and sees the NSX still hot on his tail.

Nobuhiko: "Impressive, considering you only had one day of practice here."

Kevin: "Don't take me for a fool. I am aware how much downforce a DTM car makes, and our cars are the same!"

(Background Music - A God of Death II: Initial D 5th Stage Soundfiles)

20200508082803.jpg

Kevin steps up his aggression. His rage is now driving him...

Kevin: "I would never ever let a man with a twisted sense of success prevail. I WILL NOT LET HIM SEE THE LIGHT OF DAY!"

20200508082809.jpg

As the NSX is nearing on the RCF's side, Nobuhiko suddenly feels something ominous. He gasps for a bit and look at his right.

Kevin: "You're the first to experience my fury, Nobuhiko. As long as you are working under Maximilian, consider yourself complicit!"

20200508082816.jpg

Second to the last lap, and Nobuhiko starts to feel a tinge of fear.

Nobuhiko: "It may not look like it, but I'm facing..."

20200508082821.jpg

The NSX squirrels away at the S Curves once again, showing the superiority of the mid-engine layout.

Nobuhiko: "...I'm facing a monster!"

20200508082827.jpg

20200508082834.jpg

Nobuhiko: "It's been ages since I struggled like this! I am in Suzuka... what is happening to me?!"

20200508082840.jpg

Nobuhiko: "Just what the hell are you, Kevin Kern?!"

End of Page 14

Page 15: The Reckoning

20200508082840.jpg

The tables may have turned for Nobuhiko, as he would usually dominate the last leg of the race, but now Kevin is still holding the lead.

(Background Music: Rider of the Sky - Ace)

20200509093217.jpg

Nobuhiko: "Save for a few exceptions, I should have been leading right now."

20200509093226.jpg

Nobuhiko: "That is not the Kevin that I know. What really happened? What is driving him?"

20200509093233.jpg

But Nobuhiko manages to gain ground. After all, a lot of things can change in mere moments.

20200509093239.jpg

Nobuhiko: "Honestly, I don't know how I can defend this lead. He can attack at any moment. The MR drivetrain is really superior."

20200509093246.jpg

Kevin: "Don't be complacent. Tables can turn in a blink of an eye!"

20200509093252.jpg

Kevin makes his move, using the slipstream.

20200509093259.jpg

Approaching the 130R, Nobuhiko steps on the brakes, something that he won't do....

Nobuhiko: "He blocked my line on corner entry!"

20200509093305.jpg

The NSX blitzes past the 130R with the full compliment of downforce.

Kevin: "What's wrong? Cat got your tongue?"

20200509093311.jpg

Nobuhiko still presses on. The final lap begins. The crowd is anxious. With Kevin's performance through the entire season, they are now in doubt if Nobuhiko will take the win in his home course.

20200509093318.jpg

The RCF snatches the lead once more, but Kevin only shows a more confident grin.

20200509093324.jpg

Kevin: "Trying hard to be a hero at the last moment? Oh for goodness sake."

He then notices the RCF's sluggish movements.

20200509093331.jpg

Nobuhiko: "The tires... just hold on! Just for this one lap!"

Kevin: "That's what desperation can lead you. What will Maximilian say now, huh?"

20200509093337.jpg

Kevin: "Prepare to go hungry soon, because your benefactor will now be on the run!"

(Background Music: Crazy Little Love - Nuage)

20200509093343.jpg

Nobuhiko: "He's making another charge!"

20200509093350.jpg

Kevin: "Pardon me if I pour all my rage against you. I'm sick and tired of people like you. Abandoning the people who care about you in exchange for your dreams. YOU ARE THE ONE THAT DESTROYED THE DREAM ALLIANCE!"

At full throttle, the NSX soars through the 130R, Kevin's fans cheer even louder knowing that their idol will take the championship win.

20200509093356.jpg

However...

...the NSX brakes seem to have almost given up. It's about to overshoot the Casio Triangle.

Kevin: "The brakes! Stop... stop... stop! Argh! It's the final turn!"

20200509093403.jpg

20200509093409.jpg

Nobuhiko: "I will commend you for giving me a proper challenge on this one. However, I am to win this. I will."

20200509093415.jpg

But in a twist of fate, the RCF spins out of control. Nobuhiko must have forgotten that the RCF's tires wear more than the NSX's. FRs are more likely to suffer like this.

20200509093421.jpg

The crowd gasps upon seeing the spin. It's as if at the final moment...

20200509093428.jpg

...the table has been turned once again.

20200509093434.jpg

As the NSX crosses the line, the audience makes a standing ovation for giving a nail-biting, exciting race. It will be the most exciting race of the year.

Kevin: "All right. I've done my first major step. The message is now loud and clear, Maximilian. No amount of your meddling can touch a determined soul."

20200509093440.jpg

Nobuhiko breathes a sigh of relief, but also he shows a little smile.

Nobuhiko: "You've outdone me yet again, Kevin Kern. Takuma-san must have really ignited your flame."

20200509093446.jpg

Geschwindigkeit also takes the GT300 championship win. It's a blissful day for Kevin, having to end his last race on a high note.

After the victory ceremony, Geschwindigkeit makes a little celebration in the pit garage, congratulating both Kevin and Kiehl for a job well done.

20200509093619.jpg

Mila: "You did it!"

Kevin: "Yeah, but this is just the start."

Julie: "At least you're going to leave in high spirits. And we'll make sure, that we'll welcome you back in wide open arms."

Kevin and Julie hug each other as well.

Kevin: "I'm going to miss you. Don't worry, I won't be stupid."

Julie: "Think clearly, okay? What you're going to do will never be easy."

***************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Time: 10 am, the next day

Kenjiro puts his cup of coffee on the desk. He starts his day as usual with caffeine. As he opens up the computer to resume his other work - photography - he receives a notification from Mila. A simple message that says:

"I've dropped the bombshell. Wait for the news. People are going to swarm on their TVs."

And as if on cue, Kenjiro heads over to YouTube and goes to the global news section. Multiple news channels have uploaded videos of Maximilian's scandal. Kenjiro shows a grin on his face as he clicks on a video to watch.

"Earlier today, Unicorn Media of Germany has released numerous documents to the public showing evidence of the FIA head Maximilian Marsh's involvement in doping scandals in Japan, Russia, and France, and as well as race fixing that spanned for a decade.

What's more, there is even a photocopy of his journal containing a confession of having a hand on the murder of Gerhard Kern, a popular race car driver in the 80s who had thought to have died in an accident, but the contents of the journal indicate that Maximilian Marsh arranged for him to be disposed.

We have tried to reach Maximilian Marsh on his comment, but his caretaker of his mansion in Monaco stated that he had left the country days before the scandal erupted.

The FIA has yet to comment on this revelation. Stay tuned for developments."

Kenjiro: "Hehehehehehehehe.... The reckoning has begun."

Kenjiro takes a sip of his coffee, and his day has started on a positive note.

End of Page 15

Page 16: Newly Hired

Time: 4 pm

Gerhard helps himself with biscuits he personally had a hand in baking along with his trusted kitchen staff. While munching on a piece, his butler Albrecht arrives in the dining room where he enjoys his snack.

Albrecht: "Sir, you have a visitor. His name is Kevin Kern. Shall I let him in?"

Gerhard places a biscuit he's about to eat back on the plate. He then stands up and straightens his blazer.

Gerhard: "Yes. Please let him in."

20200412074009.jpg

In the foyer, Gerhard welcomes Kevin with a handshake and with a hug as well. The two men smiled at each other, with Kevin still unaware of the real identity of the person right in front of him.

Gerhard: "It's been quite a while, Mr. Kern. Are you here to tell a story of your career so far?"

Kevin: "Mr. Uwe Gottlieb, it was nice seeing you again."

However... a sudden gust of wind occurs, and with that, Kevin suddenly shifted his mood to the opposite - a cold, callous face. This surprised Gerhard.

Gerhard: "Oh why? Did something displease you, Mr. Kern?"

The sun suddenly hid behind the clouds as if something ominous is on its way.

Kevin: "A lot has happened, Mr. Gottlieb. I came here, for answers."

Gerhard widened his eyes upon hearing it.

Gerhard: "Answers? What are you talking about?"

Kevin: "You're the person I had to consult, because I know I can trust you. Someone told me... I have to seek you for answers. I'm planning something big, and he told me you can help me."

Gerhard: "What are you planning, then?"

Gerhard notices Kevin clenching his two fists, and then the young man answered with:

Kevin: "I WILL CRUSH THE FIA. MAXIMILIAN MARSH KILLED MY FATHER. MY FATHER THAT

I NEVER MET.

HE.
MUST.
PAY."

Kevin's face clearly sends strong emotions of sadness, and hate brought about his plans of retribution.

Gerhard's worst fear has finally made itself known - having his own child know what happened to him. He had been working so hard, away from his family, also having known his wife tragically passed away; to cover up his way of seeking justice.

He, too, briefly clenches his fist. But he must not break his cover, tempting as it may be, in front of his son.

Gerhard reaches out his hand, and offers to let his son inside.

Gerhard: "Come in, Mr. Kern. Let's talk about it. I will listen and help."

Kevin shows a little smile as the pair walk through their way inside. Gerhard leads him to the dining area, and orders his servants to bring out the biscuits he made earlier.

Gerhard: "What has been going on? I have been out of the loop lately."

Kevin: "A lot. I don't even know where to start. My dreams of having a family got shattered, as MJ got a miscarriage brought on by Maximilian. She, apparently, wanted to keep it a secret to keep me from being hurt. But... this happened. Maximilian is capable of murder. I am here for answers... since you are the one closest to him.

Do you know where he is?"

Gerhard: "Oh believe me, I don't know. However, if that man is capable of such horrible act, then I must do what is right. Having been in the FIA back and forth, and I can tell you it does have an... ominous atmosphere. It's like, depressing inside."

Kevin: "I even distanced myself from the team so that they won't be involved in my plans. I temporarily deactivated my social media accounts. I am basically hidden, at large."

Gerhard: "Fascinating."

His butler, Albrecht, opens up the television. The channel is DW News, and Mila is being interviewed.

Mila: "I had to grasp the opportunity, to hear Maximilian's side of the story. He confirmed, everything... I'm sure you've heard our recorded conversation. But at the last moment, he had to defend himself.

He had men follow me outside, and attempted to take my briefcase containing the evidence I used to form the questionnaire. I was taken down, and with that, my future son or daughter with it.

For a man that has nothing to lose, he made that horrifying deed in order to preserve himself. And now, the world will judge him.

As a journalist, I have met and interviewed countless people, even dangerous ones. But few are on the level of one Maximilian Marsh.

The world has to know, one way or another. This is a wake up call for people who have a twisted view of success. People who are willing to control or harm others for their own benefit. The world will never be their oyster."

Gerhard smiles, recognizing Mila's bravery and perseverance.

Gerhard: "I must say, you have one amazing girlfriend. She definitely is a keeper."

Kevin: "So what are you going to do now, Mr. Gottlieb? You can also search for other news articles about this, and they're exploding with incriminating info."

Gerhard: "I will do... the right thing. And as for you, I will give all the help you can get. First, you will belong under the Rote Strahl team."

Kevin is taken by surprise knowing that the team that gave them a challenge belongs to Gerhard.

Kevin: "You... run that team, Mr. Gottlieb?"

Gerhard: "You heard me right, Mr. Kern. My team's purpose is to dig any dirt I can find on the FIA, since I already had doubts the moment I partnered myself with Maximilian. They provide the distraction while I get the juicy bits."

Kevin, with his eyes still widened, is hit by the realization that Gerhard turned out to be an unlikely ally. His trust grows even further.

Gerhard: "And also, I do need an executive technician in my company. The primary job is to watch over the operations, and provide feedback of our products. At the same time, you can get all the answers you need from the FIA... through hacking, of course."

For Kevin, this is an opportunity a fool can only pass up on. He smiles, and Gerhard is able to see for a brief moment his son's gleeful face once again.

Kevin: "I'll take it. Thank you for the opportunity, Mr. Gottlieb!"

The two stand up and shake hands together. Gerhard once again hugs his son.

Gerhard: "This is how I greet my new employees. In my company, we are a family. You are like... my son."

The servants have now started to serve the biscuits and tea. The two begin their hearty snack.

Time: 9 am, one week later

It's Kevin's first day of work at Gottlieb Electronics. He walks on a bridge overlooking the other buildings with a man-made lagoon.

20200510072636.jpg

Gerhard is seen walking through the main corridor speaking with a female assistant.

Assistant: "Sir, this is the statement that we will be releasing once the news agencies ask about your side regarding the Marsh Scandal. We have also notified the security to bar any media outlet to get in."

Gerhard: "Perfect. Let the media find and swarm Maximilian like flies. This statement should suffice. Thank you, Ms. Amy."

The assistant leaves him be, and Gerhard stops the moment he sees Kevin walking towards him. He now wears a crimson blazer and slacks, with a light blue collared shirt with a red tie. Also, Kevin sports a new hairstyle - a mullet looking similar to Gerhard's hairstyle in his youth, but with a modern twist and slightly shorter.

Gerhard smiles, a sign that he is pleased with the new appearance. His grooming of his son won't stop there, of course.

Kevin: "Good morning, Mr. Gottlieb."

Gerhard: "Ah what a...powerful look you have."

Kevin chuckles at the comment, and then Gerhard puts his arm across Kevin's shoulders as the pair walk.

Gerhard: "I shall escort you to your office."

Kevin: "Office? For real?"

Gerhard: "For a man of your caliber, you deserve an office, not a tiny cubicle. Come on."

They head up to the 5th floor, and Kevin's new workplace is situated right across Gerhard's office suite. It also gives a good view of the Stuttgart metropolis.

Kevin: "Wow... I could have seriously modelled my gaming room like this. Hehe. But... that's set aside for now."

Gerhard: "Hehe. Oh, if you need anything, don't hesitate to call Ms. Amy... or me. But I'm pretty sure, this company will go to a much better direction with you around. To think I used to scold you in college... and then this."

Kevin: "Hehe... yeah. I remember those days. But I learned so much from you... and my Mom. She taught me so much on electronics as if I'm having another class outside the campus."

Gerhard: "No wonder I was so surprised at your grades. Oh, by the way, thank you for lending your R8 LMS for our Group 3 stints. I was struggling to find a car for the category."

20200510073813.jpg

Kevin: "No worries, Mr. Gottlieb. In fact, that's the least I can do to return these overwhelming favors. I'll owe you forever."

Gerhard: "Don't mention that. Now, let us go to the board room to introduce you to your new peers. Let's go."

The board room is just nearby, and as they walk, Kevin shows a grin...

Kevin: "Get ready, Maximilian. I now have a powerful ally on my side. He now finds you... disgusting. How does it feel when it's YOU being played?"

Kevin and Gerhard arrive in the board room, and then the department leads stand up to shake hands with their new colleague.

THE END

20200512093044.jpg

ARC 9: FORMEL

Geschwindigkeit spawned a new Formula 1 division with a new breed of drivers. Newbies as they are, they are unfazed and prepared to face challenges together.

Timeline: Takes place in the present day, in parallel with GT500 Legend IV and latter events will take place after the said arc.

Page 1: First Steps

Time: 1 pm

20200512093055.jpg

With the Geschwindigkeit team leaving for Japan, it's now time for the Formula division to get to work as well. Abel simply could not let them be idle, as multiple racing invitations came flooding in.

Benjamin Kanonji, now in his teens, is making his start by practicing with the F1500T-A at the Nurburgring GP. The mechanics are discussing about various settings the car can benefit from. Abel is taking the feedback, while Alexei Bourdovsky and Isaiah Geronimo merely stand by and engage in a casual conversation to pass the time.

There has been a sudden rise of interest in simplistic Formula 1 machines as of late, hence the FIA decided to create a Formula class solely to bring back the glory days of F1, albeit of course in modern-day standards.

20200512093101.jpg

Isaiah: "So, the FIA is bringing back old-school F1?"

Alexei: "Yes. You know, there are people always screaming for nostalgia when it comes to cars. They're too complicated, they say. I say, they're just too lazy to learn. And here we are, stroking the egos of the sloths."

20200512093108.jpg

Isaiah, up to this day, is still amazed at the fact that a 14-year old boy would be able to pilot a demanding race car.

Isaiah: "You know, I'm amazed how Benjamin is able to control that thing. He's only 14, and yet... When I was 14, I was merely studying and playing computer games until my parents scold me."

Alexei: "Teenagers can even become instant millionaires. Look at those YouTubers. Don't let age define what you should do."

Isaiah: "How about you? You haven't really shared a little of yourself since you joined."

20200512093114.jpg

Alexei: "Well, I simply wanted to be a racer. I started from karting, and my hard work led me here. Though I'm not so sure if I can drive that relic from the 80s."

20200512093120.jpg

Isaiah: "Karting? My father used to bring me in karting events. I did them first out of fun, and that was the only way for me to bond with him... until he died months ago."

Alexei raised an eyebrow upon hearing that last bit.

20200512093127.jpg

Alexei: "That must have been so fresh. Sorry to hear that."

Isaiah: "I'm here to conquer my fear, and slowly but surely I'm getting over it."

Alexei: "If I were you, take your time. It's not going to be easy."

Alexei leaves Isaiah alone as he is to grab refreshments. But the Filipino driver isn't entirely alone as he is immediately approached by Abel.

Abel: "Seems like you're anxious."

Isaiah: "Ummmm... not really. I'm just curious and learning."

Abel: "Ah... which brings me to something."

Isaiah: "Huh?"

Abel: "Come with me after the practice, okay? I'll take you to somewhere."

As planned, Isaiah and Abel head to a car lot nearby their headquarters. This isn't a run-of-the-mill car lot one can see in cities. It is popular for selling brand-new and used sports cars, and even Japanese sports cars that were not sold in Europe, directly shipped from Japan. It even has a stock of rare supercars that demand astronomical amounts of money.

Abel speaks to the salesman, and then the salesman leads them to the car Abel apparently purchased, and is to be picked up today.

20200512093138.jpg

Abel: "Here it is. The Alpine A110S. It has a boosted power to 288 horsepower."

Isaiah: "We're here to pick this up?"

Abel: "Exactly. Kevin and Julie decided that you should at least drive a normal car first, but something close to a formula one car. A lightweight, mid-engined car that can train you. A few races are on the way."

Isaiah: "Looks nice. I'm frankly excited to drive it!"

Abel smiles upon seeing the young man's boost of confidence.

After signing papers, Abel gets the keys and then hands them over to Isaiah.

Isaiah: "I'm driving it?"

Abel: "Better get the feel now."

Isaiah is instructed by the salesman the basics: the starting, the fuel tank lid release, and other necessary functions that are being taught by salesmen to new car owners before they go.

Upon leaving, Isaiah drives casually, within the speed limit. But he can feel the car's agility already even by a slight movement of the wheel.

Isaiah: "My Integra back home does not move like this. This is... snappy."

Abel: "That's because the car is light, and mid-engined, so expect this sudden change of movement. Don't worry though, I still have to adjust this car before we can start the practice."

The next day, Abel took the car out to be registered, and he returns to the headquarters immediately. He asked some idle mechanics to modify the car and the others bought aftermarket wheels and high performance tires.

20200512093144.jpg

The three drivers spotted the new car.

Benjamin: "An Alpine? That's a nice taste."

Alexei: "What's that car for?"

Isaiah: "My training wheels."

Benjamin: "Oooh... that's fitting for someone learning to drive an F1 car. Haven't you mentioned before you also drove go-karts?"

Isaiah: "Yeah."

Benjamin: "So this shouldn't be much of a problem. After all, go-karts are also mid-engined."

Abel approaches the trio and takes time to explain the car's purpose. He first clears his throat, and rolls up his sleeves.

Abel: "This car will exclusively be for Isaiah. He is to be trained first before he can experience an open-cockpit racer. The two of you will have to focus on our upcoming races in Europe, then we were also invited to test races in Super Formula series in Japan.

Anyhow, tomorrow, Isaiah and I will head over the Nordschleife to get to know this car."

Isaiah: "Nordschleife? You mean... the Green Hell?"

Abel: "Exactly. And since it's a weekday, expect little to no traffic there, so it should make you breathe."

Isaiah: "It will be my first time driving there... for real. I did almost a thousand laps there, in the virtual world, that is."

Abel: "I can tell you, the difference will be huge. But your familiarity will help."

**************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Time: 11 am, the next day

The next day...

...an opportunity for Isaiah to meet the Green Hell, and another one for conquering his demons.

20200512093158.jpg

Upon exiting the first corner, Isaiah buries the throttle. He immediately feels the rush of power and torque, coming from a rather minuscule 1.8 liter turbocharged motor.

(Background Music: Impreza - Initial D Fourth Stage Sound Files)

As expected, the car delivers agility close to the feel of a go-kart, something that brought nostalgia for Isaiah.

20200512093204.jpg

Isaiah: "This feels like a go-kart indeed!"

Abel: "Good. Keep your pace steady. Don't just floor it."

20200512093210.jpg

Having known this track countless times through playing Gran Turismo, he knows the line he'll take. The only difference is that he now feels the G-forces.

Isaiah: "This is even... scarier than a rollercoaster ride!"

The high speed slopes can only provide little breathing room for Isaiah, and then the Aremberg section is upon them.

20200512093216.jpg

Abel: "We're reaching for the Aremberg, slow down. Most accidents happen here."

Isaiah: "Huh?!"

End of Page 1

Last edited:
Page 2 - Linking

Upon entering the dangerous high speed corner known for accidents, Isaiah applies the brakes more than he should...

20200514093503.jpg

This results the car upsetting its rear on mid-corner, and he had to fight the wheel's movements.

Isaiah: "Stay still! STAY STILL!"

20200514093509.jpg

Thankfully, it was slow enough to enter the next corner safely. Isaiah breathes out a sigh.

Abel: "I can still see the fear holding him back. Just as I expected. No one gets over trauma in one sitting."

Isaiah slows down at the Fuchsrorhe, which is expected for someone taking the track for the first time.

20200514093515.jpg

Abel: "That's right. Your only goal here is to familiarize the corners. You don't have to be fast. And it's a miracle we're the only ones here."

20200514093521.jpg

Isaiah: "This is different from a video game, indeed. The cornering speeds are almost similar. But I've got to be a total master here to make them the same."

20200514093527.jpg

Abel: "But at least you're no longer trembling."

Isiah keeps the foot down on the next section.

20200514093534.jpg

However, he's too fast for the next corner, prompting the Alpine to understeer.

20200514093542.jpg

Isaiah lifts the throttle, but not completely taking his foot off the pedal - one of the techniques he gained from driving go-karts.

However, the car's excess speed still plows it through the grass and close to the guardrail.

20200514093548.jpg

20200514093558.jpg

Isaiah once again has a brief flashback - the moment that scarred him.

20200514093604.jpg

Desperation now conquers Isaiah's mind. He won't let fear take over, so he applies a full opposite lock.

20200514093610.jpg

Isaiah: "No... no... NO! NO!"

20200514093617.jpg

But thankfully, the Alpine managed to stabilize and get its tires back on the tarmac.

20200514093623.jpg

Isaiah: "Whew...."

20200514093630.jpg

Abel: "Recovering from that, is a high-level skill. Great job. But let's just ease the pace, shall we?"

20200514093636.jpg

Isaiah: "Agreed. And if I have to come here everyday, I would. This is... the best therapy for me."

Isaiah finally eases of the throttle and hence cruise around the Green Hell.

**********************************************************************************************************************************************************

Time: 8 pm

In the new headquarters, what was once belonging to Dream Alliance Global, the drivers of the Formula division have a moderate dinner along with beer. Isaiah has a newfound love for German cuisine, despite the dinner being a take-out food from a nearby German restaurant at Benjamin's request.

Alexei excuses himself, as he heads outside for a smoke. He sees the Alpine parked beside his KTM X-Bow.

20200514093643.jpg

He takes out one piece of cigarette, then he flicks on the lighter and the flame touches the stick. He puts it on his lips and puffs out.

Alexei: "Isaiah Geronimo.

Geronimo...

I heard an accident that killed a popular and beloved Filipino race car driver months ago. And as for Isaiah, he isn't too keen on bringing up the one trauma that holds him back. How can he recover if he doesn't bring it up?

But more importantly...

...could they be connected? Strangely enough, the accident also was, according to a source in the Philippines, linked to Maximilian Marsh.

Looks like Kevin isn't the only one Maximilian has to answer to. For now, that little German cosplayer has no idea... and so does Isaiah."

Alexei merely shows a grin... as the smoke gets blown by the cold night breeze.

End of Page 2

Last edited:
I was reading the flavour text of the F1500T-A just now, and it says "While maintaining the basic concepts from 30 years ago with a slightly forward cockpit and a simple aerodynamic package, this car also incorporates the performance of a front line formula racing machine." So in a way, your justification for the FIA bringing back 80's F1 makes sense, as the car itself is a retro-inspired car with modern features..

I just thought that was kinda funny how well that aligned.

I was reading the flavour text of the F1500T-A just now, and it says "While maintaining the basic concepts from 30 years ago with a slightly forward cockpit and a simple aerodynamic package, this car also incorporates the performance of a front line formula racing machine." So in a way, your justification for the FIA bringing back 80's F1 makes sense, as the car itself is a retro-inspired car with modern features..

I just thought that was kinda funny how well that aligned.

It still has the old-school turbo lag, though.

By the way, I am confirming that Isaiah's own story arc will come after this one. It will be set mostly in the Philippines, and it takes place AFTER the GT500 IV story arc.

Page 3: Springboard

Time: 11:00 am, a few days later

Abel was invited to an event supposedly to be attended by Kevin, but since Kevin is already in Japan for the Super GT Championship, he had to attend it with his team instead.

He chose Isaiah to drive for the event. As early as dawn, they are already at the track for practice, and Isaiah got the track memorized in his head.

But there was an unexpected visitor: Overcast skies. This made the Filipino racer anxious. And just half an hour before the race starts, precipitation finally begins.

Benjamin: "It's coming down now."

Abel: "Doesn't matter. Let Isaiah do this."

Isaiah is at the pit lane, getting soaked as he sees the competition composed merely of supercars. Abel approaches him.

Isaiah: "I'm... racing against them?"

Abel: "I told you, this is a charity event that Kevin was supposed to attend. Just drive. But the rain has turned the tables for us. This is a good learning experience."

The racers are then ordered to assemble as they initiate a rolling start. Isaiah trembles, but not as much as his first days in the team.

20200517094215.jpg

Isaiah: "I can do this."

Abel is connected to Isaiah via the radio communication, for coaching.

The race begins, and the Alpine seems to have a shaky start.

20200517094222.jpg

20200517094229.jpg

Isaiah: "Stay still!"

Abel opens up the communication, to give some tips for Isaiah.

(Background Music: Secret Love - Nutty)

Abel: "The only thing holding you back is the car's light weight, it will be twitchy on the wet surface. But don't fret, the others are suffering twice as much as you do.

They are heavy, and twice as powerful as your car. Use that."

20200517094235.jpg

As an example, the Citroen GT supercar braked early, which provided Isaiah to brake later, and slide past.

20200517094241.jpg

However, Isaiah played safe on the Eau Rouge.

20200517094247.jpg

Although, he noticed that the cars behind him are even being left behind.

Isaiah: "They are slowing down, but I think I got the edge in speed somehow..."

However in the long straight after Eau Rouge, the supercars displayed their superiority.

20200517094253.jpg

But that superiority did not last long. Isaiah knows how light the A110S is, and used that to outbrake his rivals.

20200517094300.jpg

20200517094306.jpg

Isaiah: "I wonder what Kevin would have driven if he was here?"

20200517094312.jpg

The answers may never come to surface, as Isaiah renews his focus on winning the race.

20200517094318.jpg

Isaiah: "Mr. Kern is right. These supercars aren't super when it comes to real-world conditions like this. Plus, the owners aren't going to risk crashing their beloved toys."

He next aims for a 911 GT3 RS, a car well-known for its racetrack pedigree.

20200517094324.jpg

However, it seems that the rain puts every car in a balance, like walking on a tightrope. Not even purpose-built cars can brace and conquer the rain effortlessly.

20200517094331.jpg

Isaiah: "All right. As long as I keep calm, this should be a breeze. This car is RELATIVELY slow."

20200517094337.jpg

Abel's eyes widened as sees Isaiah finishing the 1st lap in lead position. Alexei has raised his eyebrows, furthering his interest towards the new driver.

20200517094343.jpg

Alexei: "That's it. You're going to keep up with Kevin with this one. I wonder if he will have the skills to topple the FIA-sponsored teams of Maximilian?"

20200517094349.jpg

Alexei: "And I just received one juicy info coming from the Philippines. IT CONFIRMED MY SUSPICIONS."

20200517094356.jpg

Alexei then puts up a grin once more. Just like a spy does, he has his secrets under control.

Alexei: "Now I wonder, what if Kevin and Isaiah know the truth?"

Time: 11:30 am, one week later

One week passed by, and it's now turn for Benjamin Kanonji to represent the team in the newly-formed Retro Formula category.

20200517094403.jpg

Only two drivers are allowed, and Isaiah is enjoying the break.

He is then approached by Abel, with a man wearing a corporate attire.

Abel: "Isaiah, this is Emmanuel Bauer, a representative of Red Bull racing."

Isaiah smiles and shakes hands with Emmanuel.

Emmanuel: "Nice to meet you, Isaiah."

Isaiah: "Nice to meet you too."

Abel: "Emmanuel is here because he was impressed by your performance last week. I think this opens up another opportunity for you."

Emmanuel: "That's right. You are invited to a single race in Red Bull Ring, with our Red Bull X Junior cars. If you managed to meet our expectations, then you are in for a treat."

Isaiah points to himself, seeing that he felt he won the race out of luck.

Isaiah: "Uh... me? Well, it was raining last week, so I had the higher chance of winning... so..."

Emmanuel: "But, managing to control a little sports car in the rain and humbling supercars is one big feat. That kind of performance deserves a spot in the Red Bull X Program. You know Kevin Kern is part of it, so why not join the ranks, and bring your team to new horizons?"

Abel: "So, what do you think? Would you like to join? Besides, it's a test race, so nothing bad will happen if you lose, we'll run the team as is. But if you get to the top, you've got a much better reward."

Isaiah: "Red Bull X Program, huh?"

Emmanuel: "It is an elite program reserved for the best drivers of the world, as our offerings demand such talents. We will be debuting a new type of Red Bull X car, and I believe you deserve such prestige. What do you say?"

Isaiah looks at Abel at first, having a tinge of doubt. But the chief reciprocates with a smile and a nod, which already sends a positive message to the aspiring Filipino driver. He then breathes out, and then...

Isaiah: "All right, then. I'll give it a try. Let us know when we'll start."

End of Page 3

Page 4: Little Ben No More

First stint of Benjamin Kanonji of proving himself to the world. He had been slaving himself to perfect his driving of Formula machines.

20200519091541.jpg

Benjamin mows down the competition, thanks to his vast experience in karting and his father's drills on him. Racing fans are not expecting a teenage boy to be at the helm of something that can only be tamed by professionals or veterans.

20200519091549.jpg

Benjamin: "Didn't expect a little boy to make it to something like this, huh?"

20200519091556.jpg

Benjamin carefully levels the accelerator with his right foot. That body part has been trained to the point that it's can apply incremental amounts, pressing inch by inch depending on how much wheelspin the rear wheels generate. He is combating the gargantuan turbo lag in this method.

20200519091602.jpg

Benjamin: "Sorry to say, but this "snotty little kid" in karting will ruin your day! Ha! Oh... there might be some guys here whom I trifled with before."

20200519091608.jpg

His teammates watch on, with Isaiah being awestruck.

20200519091615.jpg

Isaiah: "I wish I had that kind of talent when I was 14. School was holding me back, and even my father would decline potential racing offers for me."

Abel: "I'm just sad... that Benjamin's father is on a slump, and taking a break. I can't believe that it was the result of Hiroyuki's death that led to Dream Alliance's fallout."

Isaiah: "Benjamin's father?"

Abel: "Takuma Kanonji. He's a world-renowned racer, and changed the racing world more ways than one."

Isaiah: "Who would have thought? Even a race car driver can potentially change the world."

20200519091621.jpg

Benjamin continues to baffle the crowd with his performance. Nowadays, more and more young people are breaking the stereotypes and old norms of society. Even teenage YouTubers continue to make huge amounts of profits through their hard work. Benjamin Kanonji is one among such people. While the trend of teenage racers in the circuit isn't entirely new, but the fact that someone like him pilots a high-level racing machine speaks volumes.

20200519091627.jpg

He is starting to give an impression to the audience, and as well as inspiring the youth to do greater things and that age isn't exactly a detriment.

20200519091633.jpg

He is greeted by the cheering spectators, as he passes the finish line.

20200519091640.jpg

Isaiah: "All right! We're off to a good start!"

Abel: "Agreed. And... we have more opportunities coming. It's not only the Red Bull X program, you know?"

20200519091647.jpg

End of Page 4

Page 5 - Isaiah's New Venture

Time: 11 am, one week later

It's another big day for Isaiah, as he is to test his mettle against equally aspiring drivers for a spot in Red Bull X Program. The team has been in the track since morning, to be oriented and get to familiarize the car before racing it.

As the orientation ended, Isaiah heads first to the bathroom, and then fate conspired to bump by another person...

...his cousin, Martin Geronimo of Ravenwest.

Martin: "Isaiah?"

Isaiah gasps upon their surprise meeting.

Isaiah: "Martin? Oh hey!"

Martin: "I bet you're going to run today. I knew that you're in a racing team now, but I never thought I'd bump you here."

Isaiah: "Well, I was invited, and... I have to give it a try."

Martin: "Well, give your best, then. Who knows? Maybe we'll meet each other more often."

Martin is also part of the Red Bull X Program, having joined the elite group two years past. He is at the track today to spectate and get to know some potential drivers.

Isaiah: "It was nice seeing you."

Isaiah is about head out of the door, but then Martin says one last statement.

Martin: "I heard about your father. I'm sorry."

Isaiah then looks back at his cousin, and merely showed a slight smile.

Isaiah: "That's okay. Anyway, I'd be going."

Isaiah finally leaves Martin behind. But Martin now has started to gain interest towards his relative.

Martin: "To think you left the world of E-sports behind. Heh. What happened? It's as if your father's death didn't stop you."

Isaiah returns to the pit garage and takes another look of the car he just tested this morning.

20200522172629.jpg

Isaiah: "It is fast. But it isn't entirely scary. They said that it has the same performance as a Formula 3 car."

He then slowly walks as he keeps his eyes on the car while putting on the race suit. Abel approaches him.

Abel: "Ready for this?"

Isaiah nods.

Abel: "Win this, and it's going to be another life-changing moment. Don't disappoint Yamauchi-san."

Isaiah: "I won't. And I have to make my father proud today."

The race then begins. Isaiah keeps his composure for a moment.

(Background Music: I Need A Revolution - Marko)

20200522172638.jpg

Meanwhile, Martin is at the circuit's bleachers overlooking the main straight.

Martin: "Well, I do hope you make it in the program. I will show you..."

20200522172645.jpg

Martin: "...that you are nothing without your father. You could have stayed in the toxic world of Filipino E-Sports community filled with trashtalking kids. That's where you truly belong. To think Kazunori Yamauchi found you... consider yourself a lucky guy for winning. Better not let that go to waste."

20200522172651.jpg

Isaiah climbs up the ranks, thanks to his experience in karting that translates very well to a faster open cockpit racer like the Red Bull X Junior.

Upon seeing Isaiah's car blitz by the main straight and knowing its quickly gaining, Martin merely raised one eyebrow.

20200522172658.jpg

Isaiah: "I guess I'm getting faster. There's little hesitation left..."

20200522172704.jpg

Isaiah: "There must be no room for doubts now. I know the pain is still fresh, but how can I move on if I keep remembering it?"

20200522172709.jpg

Isaiah: "I'm not going to bring the team down because of me. Moving forward is now my objective!"

20200522172716.jpg

Abel smiles and nods in satisfaction as he sees Isaiah getting the lead. For sure, the Filipino racer's growth is assured.

20200522172722.jpg

Time: 6 pm

Benjamin gets word that Isaiah won the Red Bull race, and he is in a celebratory mood, humming in tunes as he helps his mother chop the vegetables.

Then they hear a doorbell ring, Kokoro attends to it. It's just Takuma arriving home from the office. He then places his coat on the hanger just beside the door.

He briefly plays with the infant Shin, as a must whenever he comes home. He then goes upstairs. As he ascends the staircase, he hears his phone ring in his pocket. He then picks it up as he enters the bedroom.

Takuma: "Oh hello? Oh it's you...

...well, I'm doing fine so far.

Actually... I'm not giving it up entirely. Managing my adoptive father's business is no joke. But hey, I do appreciate the new toy I'm playing with."

20200522172729.jpg

Takuma: "I'm happy with my new plaything. Somehow gives me back the passion for racing I used to have."

Takuma smiles.

End of Page 5

Page 6: EQ Power Plus

Time: 4 pm, the next day

As the sun is about to set on the first day of the week, the employees are preparing to go home, and so does the crew.

Abel, meanwhile, summons Isaiah to show another car.

The curious Filipino racer is being led by Abel to the garage. They see some of the mechanics packing up their things, and there really wasn't a lot done for today.

They stopped in front of another low-slung open cockpit racer.

20200524114522.jpg

Dabbed in metallic blue paint, Isaiah revels at the sheer presence of a formula machine much more advanced than the F1500T-A.

Abel: "That, is the Mercedes W08 EQ Power Plus. Mr. Uwe Gottlieb has close ties with Mercedes, and being one of our major sponsors, he sent this to us as a gift for a job well done."

Isaiah: "Mr. Gottlieb sure has deep pockets for him to send it as a present."

Abel: "I'd say it was gallant of him. And as for you, you have to prepare for another Red Bull Junior race soon, to seal the deal."

Isaiah: "Got it. And who will be driving that?"

Abel: "Alexei. He's the only one capable, as Benjamin will have to master driving that soon."

**********************************************************************************************************************************************************

Time: 10 am, one week later

A prestigious event only accessible through invitation, the W08 series starts in the wealthy and colorful Catalonia region of Spain. Barcelona is within the reach of the circuit, further increasing its popularity.

20200524114534.jpg

Alexei is dead set on taking the win, and he wasn't even sociable for the entire morning, much to the chagrin of Benjamin and Isaiah.

However, a message arrives on Isaiah's phone. It's from an unknown number starting with +63, meaning that it's from the Philippines. Intrigued, Isaiah opens the message, and it's a cryptic one, possibly even more cryptic than Alexei.

"Have you bumped into William Tan? I know he's there in the race in Catalunya. Maybe you'll get some answers..."

Isaiah: "Who the heck is William Tan? And more importantly, who the heck are YOU?"

He merely puts the phone back into lock screen and places it back in his pocket.

(Background Music: Crazy For Love - Dusty)

20200524114540.jpg

Before being hired as Rob Hatch's protege spy, Alexei has a reputation in open cockpit racing. The W08 didn't take long for him to get the grips with.

20200524114547.jpg

Alexei: "I'm disappointed. Is this how you get into big leagues now? What good can skills do for you now? But I take pleasure beating down spoiled brats."

20200524114553.jpg

Alexei: "However, this is the perfect springboard..."

Then he locks on to William Tan, a Chinese Filipino of Singaporean citizenship, and an heir to a tech company in Southeast Asia.

20200524114559.jpg

Alexei: "Is that William Tan? Well, he is one of the people who shall answer to Isaiah... but I'll leave him alone for now."

20200524114605.jpg

Alexei moves in to steal William's racing line, disrupting his opponent's focus to create an opening.

20200524114612.jpg

Alexei: "Is that how an heir drives? Even Isaiah can beat you, and probably by even a kilometer."

20200524114619.jpg

Alexei: "Dosvedanya!"

Alexei keeps up with his aggression. And what was the "springboard" he's talking about?

20200524114625.jpg

Alexei: "I do hope... that Rob is watching. Little does he realize that...."

20200524114631.jpg

20200524114637.jpg

"...Brandon Hatch is quite the philanderer. I am...

...Alexei Hatch."

End of Page 6

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

- Well, Brandon Hatch is one hell of a man. :lol:

Page 7: Breaking The Stigma

Time: 8 pm, two days later

It's the usual after hours in London - when most people go to pubs or cafes to unwind after a stressful day at work.

As they lose themselves at their moments, they notice a low-slung sports car silently pacing along the traffic.

20200528083659.jpg

And while the absence of noise and its dark green color made it conspicuous, the shape of the car was enough to turn some heads.

20200528083709.jpg

The electric sports car stops at a restaurant, and exiting the car is none other than Alexei. He puts up a slight grin and straightens his grey blazer as he walks towards the restaurant.

The restaurant in question is a popular Chinese restaurant. And typical to such type of restaurant, there are private rooms available. The receptionist guides him to one such room. Upon entering, there are three individuals - a woman and two men - waiting for him. The receptionist leaves them and closes the door.

Alexei smiles, and then utters...

"Good evening, half-siblings..."

One would be surprised to know multiple half-siblings, especially if they are spread across the world. The woman is an Italian named Bianca Moretti, while the two men are from different countries, a Canadian named Bernard Morris, and an Australian named Allen Wilson.

Alexei claiming Brandon Hatch being a philanderer is all truth, and only these individuals have carried this fact.

Alexei sits down and looks at the menu.

Bianca: "How's your race a few days ago?"

Alexei: "Disappointing, to be honest. I expected better from those other W08 drivers, even from the person I'm investigating."

Bernard: "Oh, that Filipino who will inherit a tech magnate in Singapore? William Tan?"

Alexei: "The heir of Atkinson Motor Technology, said to be the new rival of Gottlieb Electric in the tech world. My investigation could have been a lot more fun."

Allen: "And what about Rob?"

Alexei: "Still unaware that he has a rival. Well... rivals."

Bianca: "Didn't we form this racing team to challenge him? Well, don't include us in your covert operations."

Alexei: "I assure you, you won't. I'm still finding out who G.K. is, and his connection to Kevin Kern."

Allen: "Kevin Kern? I follow him on Instagram. I'm a fan."

Alexei: "G.K. gave me a head start on the investigation. Pretty much why I'm in Formula Geschwindigkeit right now, and playing servant to Rob."

Bernard: "Hey, let us know when can we start. I'm itching to race, and show that cue ball head that he's not the only one having the pie."

Alexei puts up a sinister grin, as he presses the button to call on the waitress in order to start ordering.

Alexei: "I'm pretty sure... we're all hungry."

Time: 1 pm, five days later

The week went by in haste, in order for Isaiah to once again seal his spot in the Red Bull X Program.

20200528083719.jpg

Abel makes a reminder over the radio.

Abel: "Remember, finish in top three and you're in. Better make this one count."

Isaiah: "Got it!"

(Background Music: The Top - Ken Blast)

20200528083725.jpg

Isaiah: "I got this. No room for fear now!"

20200528083732.jpg

Tightening his hold on the multi-function steering wheel, the aspiring Filipino driver looks ahead, and counts the other cars he has to overtake.

20200528083738.jpg

Isaiah: "I've got to prove to my countrymen that I'm more than just a wacky E-Sports player! I'm racing for REAL!"

20200528083746.jpg

Isaiah: "Sadly, the general populace in my country seems not to take E-Sports players seriously. I'm doing this... to show how far people like me can go!"

20200528083752.jpg

Isaiah: "My father wouldn't have approved of me spending sleepless nights in front of my PC, but those nights paid off!"

20200528083800.jpg

Isaiah: "I know he's watching. He'll be proud of me someday."

20200528083806.jpg

20200528083812.jpg

Isaiah: "I wouldn't want to be stuck in a cubicle doing a mountain pile of paperwork that can only harm the environment."

Benjamin is awed by Isaiah's improvement in pace.

Benjamin: "Wow! He's gotten much better, don't you think?"

Alexei: "I agree, but remove the "much" part. Don't glorify him too much."

20200528083819.jpg

Alexei: "Maybe I'll start praising him more often once he actually manages to pilot the new Red Bull X car. Those Juniors are mere child's play."

Benjamin: "So... you know about that car in question?"

Alexei: "It's a closed-cockpit type like Kevin's X2014."

Benjamin: "But you know, if he wins this, the entire team will have the privilege. He's not the only one driving it, you know?"

20200528083824.jpg

Alexei: "I know. You do stand a better chance of controlling that one if you drive it. Remember, Isaiah is still recovering."

Abel: "But judging by his confidence, I think he's starting to move on from that phase."

20200528083831.jpg

Isaiah once again takes the checkered flag. The Red Bull X Program is now in his sights. He'll be in for a treat soon...

End of Page 7

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

- Isaiah mentioning the Filipino E-Sports community pretty much sums up the state it is today. It is strong and there are a lot of potential players, but it is gradually being accepted as a "real job". Majority of Filipinos still hold on to the traditional notion of honorable work being an 8-5, office job, or any occupation that involves labor. Traditional Filipino parents actually discourage kids from being YouTubers or even play online games, as they view them as having "no future", and Isaiah belongs in such.

To give you some idea, Isaiah is popular in the E-Sports community (which will be touched upon in his own upcoming arc), but he does have a share of haters and rivals. He would occasionally resort to trashtalking (a trait of online gaming among Filipinos too) if things get rough. He even has a female rival.

- Anyhow, you'd think I would abandon the Hatch family? Well... things get a lot more interesting after Alexei's revelation.

Page 8: The Locket

Time: 5 pm, three days later

For the next three days, Isaiah still could not get over the fact that he and his team has been placed under the Red Bull Program. He spends the current day being ecstatic about his achievement, and even posted that through his social media accounts.

But he has then calmed down and not let this moment of bliss get over his head completely.

He was then summoned by Abel, to show the new Red Bull racing car, now adorning the team's livery.

20200601085934.jpg

Isaiah gasps in awe. It looks completely different from convention, as what the Red Bull X program is aiming.

Isaiah: "It looks... magnificent."

Abel: "You've got to be prepared. Because it drives differently from an F1 car of today. Red Bull X is not in any way affiliated with the FIA, hence having this much freedom to defy convention."

Isaiah: "How much horsepower does it make?"

Abel: "Eight hundred. And the car merely weighs six hundred fifty kilograms. It's typical for an F1 car to have such specs, but this one has a different approach in terms of aerodynamics."

Isaiah: "Eight hundred?! Man, that's going to be hard to swallow."

Abel: "Then we'll have the whole day to ourselves tomorrow. Get familiar with it, I know you can. Excuse me, I'll just prepare dinner for us."

Abel excuses himself as he pats Isaiah's shoulder.

Isaiah goes around the car to glance at the details. He then crouches down to look at the wheel covers and the tires hiding beneath them.

Isaiah: "Seems that I've moved on to this now, huh? I wonder what will my countrymen think of me? The Philippines hasn't totally shown up in the map of racing, truth be told. With only a few of us making it in the open cockpit racing and with little to no support at all, my country didn't become the household name in motorsports.

Moreover, Filipinos are more fascinated with basketball and boxing, with a lot considering them as tickets out of poverty. Can I... change that?"

Meanwhile, in a sophisticated loft located within the heart of London, Alexei is in the kitchen placing all of his groceries on the center table. He opens the refrigerator, and then one by one, place the items accordingly to the shelves and the others going straight to the freezer. He had bought a week's worth of groceries, so as to prevent wasting of food.

He then hears his smartphone ringing on the table. He picks it up as he closes the refrigerator door. It's Rob on the other line.

Alexei: "Hello?"

Rob: "Alexei... how's your camaraderie within the team?"

Alexei: "Getting along quite well with them, sir."

Rob: "Very well. And what about William Tan?"

Alexei: "I've got one big juicy news for you. Better listen, sir."

Rob: "All right, then. Fill me in."

Alexei: "I've got an insider from the Philippines who filled me in. William Tan is an heir to the Atkinson Motor Technology, the biggest mobility technology in Asia. He is born in the Philippines, but moved to Singapore a few years later with his family and learned the tricks of the trade in business.

AMT has allegedly been accused by Gottlieb Electric of stealing information, but until now it has never been settled in the courts. Lack of evidence, perhaps?"

Rob: "And what does that have to do with Maximilian Marsh?"

Alexei: "Turns out, Maximilian has a huge investment there, and pretty much can get involved in company decisions. And you know what? Kevin isn't the only person who Maximilian has to answer.

He is also to answer to Isaiah. Both William and Maximilian, to be exact."

Rob: "It's gotten bigger again. And what's the beef?"

Alexei then shifts into a colder tone of voice.

Alexei: "They had a hand in the murder of Isaiah's father. That's right, that accident... was a setup."

Their conversation continues as Alexei brings out some ingredients from the refrigerator, as it is almost time for dinner.

Time: 6 pm

Back to the bulk of Europe, in the popular tourist destination of Sardinia Island in Italy lies a race circuit. It will be the venue for the next F1500T-A race on the weekend.

20200601085944.jpg

A lone racer is seen honing his skills on the track. Could he be a local?

20200601085950.jpg

The answer is, he is not. He is an Irish race car driver named Darwin Healey. He is the lead driver of the Genesis F1 team after its previous lead driver quit due to health problems.

20200601085956.jpg

Could he turn the fortunes of his team around, and prove to be a worthy challenge for Benjamin? His racing lines do suggest that he has the potential.

20200601090002.jpg

20200601090008.jpg

He doesn't seem to have an issue with the turbo lag. His right foot has got it under control. Although his name hasn't been heard of.

20200601090014.jpg

For Darwin, it does not matter for now. All he has to do is win. He has to carry the burden of his team's dilemmas.

20200601090021.jpg

Sparks fly from the low chassis, but it didn't unsettle the car through the high speed corner.

20200601090028.jpg

And he hits the apex as well. He could be a worthy opponent for Benjamin after all.

20200601090034.jpg

With the sun about to set, Darwin communicates to his pit crew.

Darwin: "I'm pitting in. I got everything in my head now. Let's call it a day."

Darwin has been practicing since noon. And it's time for him to recuperate.

20200601090040.jpg

He then slows down as he enters the pits and into the garage. He takes off his helmet as he unstraps himself from the car, showing his auburn colored short hair. He takes the cold bottled water from the table and consumes it.

20200601090047.jpg

After helping himself, he goes to his van. His team manager named Davis approaches him.

Davis: "Are you satisfied for today? Are the settings good for the track?"

Darwin: "Yes. We're packing up. I'll call this a day."

Two hours later, Darwin arrives to his hotel. After getting a long shower, he lies on his bed. On the coffee table beside it, he gets a locket necklace. He folds it open, and shows a photo of Rebecca Crewe.

He stares at it for the moment, then caressing the locket with his right hand.

But, he stands up, exiting the room with the necklace placed in his pocket. He goes to the restaurant across the street. He orders a meat dish and then waits at the table, sitting down and opening the locket once more.

Darwin: "Who is she? Why do I feel... I know her?"

End of Page 8

Page 9: Breaking The Streak

Time: 2 pm, the next day

As planned, Isaiah and Abel head over to the nearby Nurburgring GP track to test out Red Bull's latest racing car, the X2019 Competition.

The standard protocol on testing is performed. Abel deduces that the base setup be used for practice.

As Isaiah is ready to strap in, however, he receives another cryptic text message from the unknown sender from the Philippines.

"Don't let William get away. Or would you rather let your father haunt him? You know, dreams will never get true until you act on them."

Isaiah merely swipes left on the touchscreen and presses "delete". He doesn't need anything that can ruin his excitement for today.

He puts his helmet on, and sits slowly on the low seat, strapping himself.

Isaiah: "I've got to get used to sitting on something low like this. My butt will have to get used to this beating."

In a press of a button (an effort by Red Bull engineers to make their creations more customer friendly than other racing cars), he breathes life to the engine. A loud high pitch roar envelops his ears.

With the signal, he exits the pit lane.

20200602081842.jpg

Isaiah at first didn't step on the throttle all the way down. There is definitely a loud droning noise expected from a racing engine.

Heading out of the hairpin, he presses hard on the accelerator. The revs quickly build up, and Isaiah is pushed back despite the harnesses.

20200602081852.jpg

He then approaches the next corner on full throttle, and the downforce keeps the car planted.

Isaiah: "I haven't driven the F1500T-A yet, but based on Benjamin's feedback, it was a chore to drive. But this? I think... he'll find it easy!"

Despite this perceived ease, the sharpness of the car can prove to be a drawback for Isaiah, considering he was used on driving the Red Bull X Junior, a tier below the X2019.

20200602081859.jpg

Isaiah: "But this is way sharper than the Junior. It's disorientating."

20200602081904.jpg

The car's 800 horsepower engine may be lower than the F1500T-A, but the lack of turbo lag and with the close ratio gearbox actually eclipses the F1 car in acceleration. Speeds build up so quickly, that Isaiah prompts on early braking.

20200602081910.jpg

Isaiah: "It will take me a while to adapt to this. But one thing is for sure. It is planted on the turns. Maybe I can use a feedback from Benjamin or Alexei?"

20200602081916.jpg

As expected, Isaiah records a lap time of 1 minute and 50 seconds after a few laps, which is actually 7 seconds slower than the one set by Alexei in the F1500T-A.

That will be bound to be broken for sure. Just one step at a time, they say.

Time: 9 am, three days later

The week will once again end with another round of the F1500T-A championship. Benjamin and Alexei are doing warm up exercises as the team is preparing the car for qualifying.

Even though Isaiah is to stand by, he is once again bombarded by the mysterious sender with this message:

"Time is ticking. The more you stay idle, the more opportunities the truth will try to find to get away. Strike while the iron is hot.

Why don't you ask your Russian friend, Alexei?"

Isaiah shows a scowl as he sees Alexei's name in the text. He's now getting bothered. But he has no time for questions, as the entire crew is hard at work, and the qualifying session has begun. Benjamin has left the pit lane already.

20200602081923.jpg

20200602081929.jpg

Benjamin: "Wow... so this is a privately-owned road circuit. And kudos to the owner for making the pavement ever so smooth."

Meanwhile, Darwin has also headed out for the qualifying.

20200602081953.jpg

20200602081934.jpg

The audience is amazed by the two racers' blistering lap times, getting faster and faster as time goes by.

20200602081940.jpg

20200602081959.jpg

20200602082004.jpg

Alexei looks at the lap times of both Benjamin and Darwin. His reaction is a mere smirk, seeing the closeness of their times.

20200602081946.jpg

20200602082010.jpg

Abel is amazed at Darwin's performance as well.

Abel: "Wow, I never expected the Team Genesis to perform this way after their lead driver retired. That Irish racer might turn the tables."

20200602082016.jpg

Ultimately, only one racer can seize the pole position. The qualifying session has ended.

Benjamin's fastest lap time is at 1:25.388, while as for Darwin....

...he set a time of 1:24.600.

End of Page 9

Page 10: Benjamin's Fire

Benjamin started second in the race, and everything is consistent. No incidents are reported whatsoever.

However, the fact that he stays in second for the entire race, that's something he can't sit on. There has to be a way to break the mold.

20200607073305.jpg

Benjamin: "He is formidable. He knows how to conserve his tires well."

20200607073311.jpg

Despite being similar cars, Darwin's car shows a better state on cornering exits. The tail doesn't wiggle and it seems to inspire confidence on an onlooker's perspective. But from behind the wheel, the two drivers are exerting much more effort than the plain eye can see.

20200607073317.jpg

20200607073324.jpg

Benjamin: "I haven't even heard of his name at all! But... it doesn't matter, actually. Famous people were NOBODIES."

20200607073330.jpg

Benjamin had inherited his father's penchant of having a good challenge. With that, he smiled in his sweat-drenched helmet.

Benjamin: "Well, if there's something that lights my fire... then that's all the more better! A worthy opponent!"

20200607073336.jpg

(Soundtrack: Razor's Edge - Race Driver GRID)

20200607073342.jpg

20200607073348.jpg

Abel is in the pit lane, his arms crossed and fixated his eyes on the main straight.

Abel: "A good challenge is beneficial for you, Benjamin. Win or lose, you'll learn a lot from this experience. There will always be someone better than you. A nemesis doesn't always have to be evil or trivial. Everyone needs one. And for someone as young as you, this is something of a treasure."

20200607073354.jpg

20200607073400.jpg

Meanwhile...

Darwin: "Isn't he... a Kanonji? That name rings familiar."

20200607073406.jpg

Benjamin was able to take the lead at a tight right hand corner, but only because Darwin understeered...

20200607073412.jpg

20200607073418.jpg

...but it immediately cancelled out as Darwin's car has shorter gearing along with his impeccable throttle control.

20200607073425.jpg

Benjamin: "What is this?! His pace has gotten better! Can I match it?"

20200607073430.jpg

Benjamin pressed harder, in the hopes of keeping up. On the last corner, however...

20200607073436.jpg

Benjamin: "I got in too fast!"

The front end plows wide as the result of excess speed brought about his doggedness.

20200607073442.jpg

The sand has completely halted his chances of victory. One thing is for sure...

20200607073448.jpg

...that the championship run has gotten a lot more interesting.

Alexei sees the green formula 1 car blitzing by, followed by Benjamin's a few seconds later. He once again displays his impish grin.

End of Page 10

Page 11: William's Smile

Time: 2 pm, one week later

Formula Geschwindigkeit has enjoyed a 2nd place finish. And as for Benjamin, he has chosen to leave his defeat behind him, and then move forward. Plus, he has grown interested towards his new rival, Darwin Healey.

They have now arrived in Tokyo, and the team will have its operations in full swing as their schedule is jam packed.

However, that doesn't stop them in partaking in a little bit of leisure... in a hotel suite, that is. They are watching Kevin's performance in the 2nd round of Super GT.

20200430181626.jpg

20200430181632.jpg

20200430181646.jpg

20200430181652.jpg

With both categories won, the team is ecstatic, particularly for Benjamin which sees the victory as driving force for him to do better.

Benjamin: "Impressive! That will wake me up."

Alexei: "You're in a slump already, comrade? Second place isn't bad."

Benjamin: "No. Not really. Everyone needs a motivation, and what we saw, that will be it."

Alexei: "Just do better. You need a motivation, indeed. But a nemesis also comes in handy."

Abel joins them in the living room area with glasses filled with soda. Isaiah helps himself with one while the other two just put them on the table. Abel lowers down the volume of the television.

Abel: "Listen up, we will have a long stay in Japan, so better enjoy the place while you can. First up is the second round of the W08 race in Suzuka this weekend. Then we will have the test race of the Super Formula in Kyoto, and then our first round of the Red Bull X2019 Competition in Tokyo Expressway.

Our cars are already stashed in a dedicated warehouse rented by Julie."

20200612164915.jpg

Isaiah: "Well, I guess I will have the time to go to Akihabara. Kevin is hyping me about that place."

Benjamin: "I can take you there on our free days. I lived here before I moved to the UK."

Abel: "I will let you take leisure trips. However, for Isaiah, you must remember that you are now part of the Red Bull X Program. Expectations are high."

Isaiah briefly hangs his head down, and then returns to face his boss.

Isaiah: "I will keep that in mind, sir."

Abel: "Don't misunderstand me. I want what's best for you, and let me help you get over that "fear" of yours. If this is the way to achieve it, then I'll wholeheartedly do it, even if it means being strict."

Then they hear Alexei's phone ringing, prompting their Russian teammate to stand up.

Alexei: "Excuse me."

Isaiah then fixates his eyes on Alexei heading over to his room shared with Abel, just behind the living area. If the cryptic message he received is to go by, then this could add up.

But then he relegates his focus on listening to Abel's instructions.

Abel: "Now where were we?"

Time: 3:30 pm, few days later

Second round of the W08 series goes full swing in cloudy Suzuka. Alexei is battle focused as he's ever been, and Isaiah... well...

...receives another cryptic message.

"Muster up your courage and ask William if I were you. Of course though, start with a casual greeting..."

Isaiah: "Ugh... I cannot turn off my roaming or otherwise Mom would be worried sick. But then, this guy..."

As if on cue, Isaiah sees William walking by. William looks on his right, facing Isaiah as he strolls along. He then leaves a smile before he can tilt his head back.

Isaiah: "Is that William Tan? He just... smiled as if he knows me."

The answer would be saved for far later...

The race begins without incident once more, and Alexei sneaks past the grid as the race progresses.

20200612164927.jpg

20200612164934.jpg

Alexei: "Hopefully my ever-so-dominating half-brother is watching. It would be a mistake not to."

20200612164950.jpg

Alexei: "But for now, time to play with Isiah's new plaything - William Tan. Mind if I borrow your toy?"

(Background Music: NERD - Rockstar Jason Nevins Remix)

20200612164956.jpg

His smooth steering inputs are key in conquering Suzuka's curves in an F1 car with copious amounts of downforce at its disposal.

20200612165003.jpg

After a brief moment, he has William Tan on his sights. Alexei would be better off making his presence known.

20200612165009.jpg

Alexei: "Well, cherish your little F1 toy now, Mr. Tan. Because once you face Isaiah, those days will turn into ashes. Ashes from the fury, that is."

20200612165015.jpg

Alexei catches the draft, allowing his car to have less wind resistance and therefore increase speed.

20200612165021.jpg

After starting the next lap, Alexei has decided to stop toying around.

Alexei: "I'm not the one who you should be playing with. I hope you realize..."

Alexei buries the throttle, signalling his attack on the approaching Degner curve.

20200612165027.jpg

Alexei: "...your happy days are numbered!"

William looks in distress as he sees Alexei's car mere inches from his right side.

20200612165033.jpg

William: "W-What?! You fool! Are you about to kill me or what?"

20200612165039.jpg

Alexei: "You are nothing. Have you even experienced dogfight? Or have you even faced suffering in your life? How does it feel being pampered?"

The gap has increased further, as Alexei decides to use his qualifying racing line.

20200612165045.jpg

20200612165051.jpg

Alexei: "I'm a man. And you're still a boy. Simple as that. Isaiah and I have experienced struggles that made us grow. How about you?"

20200612165057.jpg

Alexei: "Now... time to plan for my little bombshell. After all, I can't leave Isaiah in the dark. That's what true friends do, am I right?"

End of Page 11

Page 12: The Hero

Time: 11 am, the next day

True to Abel's word, the team's schedule is packed, specifically this weekend. Immediately after their race to Suzuka, which they prevailed, they head to Kyoto in which the test race of the Super Formula series will take place the next day. Everything was laid down, so they were basically relaxed upon reaching Kyoto, which is only a bit over an hour away from Mie Prefecture.

What's more, it isn't really the time for them to take it seriously. They are only to give feedback on the cars, but Benjamin is so much eager to take part in the series itself, which will take place not too long.

For that, he puts the hammer down...

20200616073417.jpg

20200616073423.jpg

To the point that he made a livery out of the car way before the series just goes to show how seriously invested Benjamin is to his career. He steps out from his comfort zone - karting - and moves up in the world.

20200616073430.jpg

While his rival, Darwin, isn't a participant, Benjamin still pushes through. He shows no hint of hesitation on overtaking his fellow testers.

20200616073436.jpg

Benjamin: "Father once told me that you must put your heart into everything you do. Though sometimes, he doesn't practice what he preaches."

20200501095038.jpg

A few laps more, and more opponents were overtaken.

Benjamin: "This is a TEST RACE, am I right? Better use this opportunity to explore the limits!"

20200501095047.jpg

Meanwhile, Kevin and the Geschwindigkeit team are in the pit garage to watch and support. He is amazed by Abel's methods of management.

Kevin: "Wow! I can't believe how much more organized this team is now!"

Abel: "I sought help from a former F1 team manager. And not just that, the racers are doing extraordinarily, such as Isaiah."

Upon hearing his name, Isaiah Geronimo turns his head and joins the conversation.

Isaiah: "I think it's all because of your father's untiring efforts to keep the team afloat. And besides, all three of us drivers are getting along better."

Kevin suddenly excuses himself as nature calls.

Kevin: "Oof, excuse me. I gotta head to the bathroom."

20200501095054.jpg

Another couple of laps later, and Formula Geschwindigkeit takes the win.

This would surely push Benjamin into joining the Super Formula series. After the victory celebration, Benjamin places the trophy on the table and talks to his friends.

Kevin: "You did great, Little Ben!"

Benjamin: "How many times I told you not to call me that? Sure, I'm a teenager, but..."

Alexei: "Better than Big Ben, that's for sure."

Kevin: "Hey, let's celebrate! Besides, this gives me the inspiration to win next week's race!"

Time: 9 pm

The entire team celebrated their victory in the hotel's restaurant. It was a grand dinner, and Kevin pretty much stuffed himself and slept early. Mila is surprised but also chuckling to see Kevin already on the bed sleeping and didn't even bother to change.

Meanwhile, in another hotel room on the other side of the floor, Abel Kern is taking a shower, and his roommate is Alexei.

While waiting for his turn, Alexei is using his laptop.

With a mouse, he highlights multiple folders containing some certain information... which turn out to be the information that he and Rob gathered during the months they spent in the investigation.

But why is he highlighting them?

Next step, he creates another folder, and copies the said highlighted folders then compresses the folder. He then opens up his email and sends the compressed file to none other than Mila Janson, Kevin's expecting girlfriend who is secretly investigating Maximilian Marsh. He has been leaking classified information behind Rob's back the moment she started to investigate the FIA's CEO.

What he did is an utter violation, but as for Alexei, it was mere service.

He shows an impish grin on his face as he closes it down.

Alexei: "Enjoy them, little Miss investigative reporter. Never thought that Rob would be much slower than I expected.

Sorry to derail your plans, Mr. Hatch. We're rivals now. I'm a spy just like you.

Painful as it may sound, but Kevin has the right to know the truth. No use hiding it, lest he's being targeted at the back. He needs weapons to fight.

Rob, don't act like you're such a hero by carrying all the burden by yourself. No matter how much you hide it, people are bound to know because they are involved.

It's best to let them know, and help them in their battles instead.

And besides, it's time to wipe off that condescending smirk of yours."

Time: 9 pm, two weeks later

During the two weeks, Mila prepared her interview questionnaire while Geschwindigkeit placed third in the Kyoto race of the Super GT GT500 class but winning in the GT300 category. The Formula Geschwindigkeit team is also had its members' hands full on logistics for the upcoming races.

20200504082358-jpg.917697

Then, Mila set off to interview Maximilian Marsh. However, the meeting turned into a tragedy, as she suffered a miscarriage after being harassed by Maximilian's men.

This took a dramatic turn for the entire team, especially for Kevin who had finally found out the truth thanks to Alexei's deeds. Alexei couldn't help but put up a grin as he heard the grim news.

However... he is far from being heartless.

In the hotel's parking lot, he awaits for Abel to arrive from the hospital, puffing a cigarette.

A few minutes later, he sees the red Mazda Atenza rental car, prompting Alexei to drop the cigarette stick.

20200616073443.jpg

Abel heads out, and approaches Alexei.

Alexei: "I'm sorry for what happened."

Abel: "You are... right. All along. Maximilian IS the culprit. I used to doubt you, and I was focused too much on the team. Now's the opportunity to ask: WHO ARE YOU?"

Alexei looks left and right to discern if there are witnesses or eavesdroppers. But since it is night time, it is assumed that people are in their hotel rooms.

Alexei: "I... used to be an agent for the FSB. My forte was keeping classified information, and it just happened that Maximilian Marsh left a footprint in Russia. A big one. And so having all the time in the world, I decided to investigate.

I have plenty of incriminating evidence that I gathered over the years, and then it led to you and your family. I entered the team, to make sure that Maximilian keeps his hands off of you.

I'm actually doing service to you, though painful as it sounds. That is truth for you.

And Kevin isn't the only person that he is to answer to. Isaiah as well. And a couple of athletes."

Abel's eyes widened.

Alexei: "He had funded projects to create "winners" out of losers. Doping scandals, fixing races, and even autonomous racing cars. All because he wants to be the "winner", to hide his sad and pitiful side of himself.

Why am I telling all of this? You may seem to be not involved, but the truth is, you are, the moment your big brother kicked him out of his team. And for that, you deserve to know. You must act. I'm merely operating in the shadows. This is the opportunity to claim justice that has been far overdue."

Alexei then heads back to the elevator, with Abel following him. Alexei presses the UP button.

Alexei: "Lastly, don't worry about Isaiah, I'll deal with him. Focus on sending a message to Maximilian, as that's the only way you can contribute."

End of Page 12

Page 13: Gray

Time: 4 pm, one week later.

Cloudy skies determine the weather for today.

In the hotel room, Isaiah wakes up from his nap, though his roommate Benjamin is still dozing off. Isaiah opens up the curtains, and looks at the cityscape filled nothing but gray and drab colors. He then sees droplets of water, in which a drizzle begins.

Benjamin tosses on the other side, then awakened by the light entering the room. He sees Isaiah just gawking on the skyscrapers.

Benjamin: "Isaiah?"

Isaiah: "Oh, did I awaken you?"

Benjamin: "No... no... I'm okay. It's 4 anyway, and I don't like long naps either. You seem down."

Isaiah: "I feel sad for Kevin. A wonderful gift taken away."

Benjamin: "Maximilian Marsh, huh? Never knew the head of the FIA can do something like that. Well, my father once told me that FIA isn't exactly trustworthy."

Isaiah: "Do you think it can happen to us too?"

Benjamin stands up and prepares the coffee machine. He then puts his favorite flavor - Cafe Au Lait - in the machine and puts the cup in the dispenser. Brown liquids pour in to the cup, and then he takes out the complimentary sugar packs and takes one to put in his coffee.

Benjamin: "Most likely. After all, we are part of Kevin's team too. We'll do everything we can to keep us on our toes. As for you, you've got to focus."

He then sits behind the desk as he stirs the coffee. Isaiah is still looking at the overcast skies, until he hears his phone ringing.

Once again, the cryptic messenger made himself known....

"Oh you better ask Alexei right now. Maximilian Marsh is the number one bad guy in the world. All you need is a confirmation."

Isaiah puts his phone in his pocket. He makes haste in exiting the room.

Benjamin: "Where are you going?"

The answer is cut off by the shut of the door.

Isaiah walks through the corridor and stops by where Alexei and Abel's room is, near the end of the hallway. He knocks, and Abel reaches for the door and opens.

Abel: "Oh hey, Isaiah."

Isaiah: "Is Alexei inside?"

Abel: "Unfortunately he's downstairs having a snack."

Isaiah: "Okay. Thanks."

Closing the door, Isaiah then swiftly heads to the elevator nearby, pressing the down button. A few seconds later one opens, and he makes a quick entry.

Upon arriving the lobby, he walks briskly towards the restaurant, and when the receptionist asks him, he immediately points his finger to Alexei sitting alone. He proceeds inside and takes a seat in front of Alexei.

Alexei hands over the menu.

Alexei: "Snacks here are good. Order first."

Isaiah: "I'm not in the mood for eating. I'm here to talk."

Upon hearing a cold tone coming from the usually warm and cheerful Isaiah, Alexei smiles and puts the menu down.

Isaiah: "There's something I've been wanting to ask."

Isaiah gets his phone, and shows the entire message board of the cryptic sender. He slides his phone over to Alexei, then Alexei views and scrolls down.

Alexei: "So now you got his attention too. Maximilian Marsh is indeed the number one bad guy."

Isaiah: "What does he have to do with me? And what about William Tan?"

Alexei: "Both men... are to answer to you."

Isaiah: "What is that they have to answer for?"

Alexei: "If there is something you have in common with Kevin, is that both of you are naive and innocent, covering that sadness within."

Isaiah: "Get to the point."

Alexei: "Maximilian Marsh orchestrated everything, and that William Tan is nothing more than a pawn willing to do anything to prove to his father to claim that sweet, savory inheritance. Those two... have red on their ledgers. And whose red, if you may ask?

Your father, no less."

20200514093604.jpg

Isaiah widens his eyes. All along he clung on to the notion that it was all a mishap. A terrible one at that. He clenches his fist, with his left eye shedding a tear. Things are taking into a different turn for Isaiah. He does not only have to prove himself to his fellow countrymen, but also to uncover the truth.

Alexei: "Both your father and Kevin's father died a similar, tragic fate - the ever-so-villainesque-cliche of cutting the brake lines. It's a deed of a man ever so obsessed with power, yet couldn't even grasp one. Both Maximilian and William are among those poor excuse of men. Or the Pharisees to Jesus."

Isaiah: "And.... what about that... anonymous....?"

Alexei: "He's our ally in search for the truth. He can help you. In fact, I gave him that role that he has to play, in order to "pay off" a debt... to you."

Then the waitress arrives and places Alexei's dish - a plate of pesto pasta - then Alexei takes the fork and twists the noodles with it.

Alexei: "I'm sharing this. This is really good. Give your plate to me."

Isaiah, however, stands up.

Isaiah: "Thank you for sharing. Now I know what to do."

Isaiah heads out of the restaurant and is on his way back to his room. In the elevator, he looks at the photos in his smartphone, particularly the ones with he and and his father are in them in various karting events - the only moments when they can bond. The pain strikes back once more, considering that it's only months since his father's untimely passing.

Isaiah: "Moving on will never be easy, as everyone said. And now it truly hit me."

*************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Two days later, the final round of Super GT commences. Formula Geschwindigkeit was also invited to watch and the drivers were given free tickets courtesy of Julie.

20200507090631.jpg

At this point, the two teams will take entirely different paths, with Kevin deciding to temporarily leaving the team in order to find justice and as well as to protect them.

20200507090643.jpg

Geschwindigkeit fights for the championship win until the last minute.

20200507090701.jpg

20200508082655.jpg

20200509093252.jpg

20200509093318.jpg

20200509093421.jpg

20200509093434.jpg

20200509093446.jpg

And they finally prevailed. For Isaiah, this is more than enough of a driving force to be a much better person.

Isaiah: "I won't be blind and fearful anymore. Now that I know the truth, I know what I must truly do. I have a focus. I have a direction."

The team then proceed to Geschwindigkeit's pit garage to congratulate on their success. Isaiah applauds, smiling as he sees Kevin placing the helmet on the NSX GT500.

But then he can easily see Kevin's different persona, as the German racer's face quickly shifts to a serious tone.

Isaiah: "I can tell, he's deeply hurt. For him to be able to leave the team and take matters to his own hands, that's the one thing I want to do too. But... I am not like him."

Time: 12:30 pm, one week later

With Kevin having left Geschwindigkeit in the pursuit of truth, Isaiah takes it as a sign that he must get moving as well.

The first round of Red Bull X2019 Competition commences in the city circuit closed off a few days ago. Traffic has been re-routed without problem considering the how densely packed the metropolis is.

20200619111546.jpg

20200619111556.jpg

The highway's Parking Area building serves as a pit lane, but it is also unique in such a way that it's not located within the main straight where the start-finish line is. Pit strategy can be different as a result.

But first, it's a qualifying session. They then see Team Ravenwest of Canada joining the ranks. Isaiah definitely encounters his cousin Martin, and Andy Midfield is also present as a second driver.

Isaiah: "Of course my cousin is here. I wonder how can I stack up to him? And look at Ravenwest's crew, they're so... intimidating to look at. Look at how organized they are."

Abel and Benjamin approach Isaiah.

Abel: "This is it. This is your turn to shine. Benjamin will help you out, so don't worry too much.

With the qualifying session officially started, Ravenwest heads off first, as Formula Geschwindigkeit is still doing the final touches.

20200619111603.jpg

Martin Geronimo is at the helm, seemingly calm. He had expected his cousin to trifle with him.

Martin: "You have made it this far, Isaiah. I gotta admit, I am impressed. But now, you're in an unforgiving level. Can you handle it?"

20200619111610.jpg

The X2019 displays its latest aerodynamic prowess by sweeping through the turns on full throttle.

Martin: "You've got to be knowledgeable in aerodynamics in order to bring the best out of this car. The car's power does not matter."

20200619111616.jpg

Martin: "Not one of any Filipino E-Sport player had made it into the big leagues like this. For Isaiah to reach this far, I say... he had a good blessing. I watched that E-Sport race that changed his fate.... and he merely won by luck."

20200619111622.jpg

Martin: "You can never, EVER, compare the hours of sitting on a makeshift rig with your face planted on a widescreen TV with an overly expensive PC that pleb Filipinos slave themselves to acquire, to hours of experience in a REAL, million-dollar simulator along with first-hand experience in a real race car. Ravenwest can do that. I am not into games. I am into real. Games are for kids!"

20200619111628.jpg

Martin: "I am feeling ashamed for the racing world, that there will be more poseurs around claiming to be the best, when in fact they were just couch potatoes."

20200619111634.jpg

Martin tightens his grip on the multi-function steering wheel.

Martin: "Welcome to reality, Isaiah. I hope you recognize that I stand on a higher pedestal."

End of Page 13

Last edited:
Back