RCKakashi14's GT Sport Fanfiction - ON HOLD

Page 22 - A New Storm

Time: 3 pm, one week later

That race last week...

...it was out of the ordinary. Spectacular duels took place on that very day, and was arguably the longest six hours of my life.

But at the same time, it was also the day when everything came crashing down. Takuma-san's forfeiture of the championship and as well as the dissolution of the Dream Alliance has sent the racing world shockwaves. Days have gone by with nothing but pure speculation as to why he made such announcement. Even the media won't give him a break, huh?

Benjamin even took the liberty to decline every single interview on his father's behalf. No one has expected someone as bold as Takuma-san to come crashing down and give up.

Truth be told, he really isn't giving it up entirely. He needs... rest. I believe he'll make an epic comeback, but definitely not at the soonest.

But... life goes on for us in the Geschwindigkeit. The Group 4 race in Suzuka will be held one month later. We have a lot of time to prepare, and I gotta use it wisely to focus on Isaiah.

20190715182401.jpg

We're currently at the Nurburgring GP and we have the track all by ourselves for the entire day. Slowly but surely he's getting over his anxiety.

20190715182410.jpg

Even though Benjamin isn't with us today, he provided great help to Isaiah to conquer his fear. So far so good.

Here in the pit lane, I see everyone doing their own business. Even Kiehl is making sure the Veyron is in tip top shape by checking the setting sheet. Julie has her phone glued to her ears as usual. And Janine is checking the tools out of curiosity.

Julie approaches me next. Anything new?

Julie: "A Russian applicant is interested in joining our Formula division. I merely told him to send over his resume over to my e-mail, then I'll send it over to you as well."

Kevin: "Great, at least we can officially start. If he's adequate, that is."

Julie: "He'd better be. Because he's boasting about his credentials over the phone, that I almost want to cut him off."

Kevin: "Sigh... You know I still can't get over what Takuma-san said to the whole world last week. I can't believe he said that. He's a bold and brazen man. A man of that caliber will never utter those words."

Julie: "He's not the overreacting brat I thought he'd be. Gotta be honest, I'm actually impressed that he'd shown his weak and soft side to the world. Not everyone has the capacity to do that, especially for people who had nothing to lose."

20190715182417.jpg

Julie: "By the way, how's your wife's book doing?"

Kevin: "Oh... she's in Zagreb right now, probably talking to Alan in prison. He'll be extradited to the U.S.A. in a few weeks."

And now on to MJ...

***************************************************************************************************************************************************************

In a prison compound situated near the outskirts of the capital, Mila has been granted to visit Alan. She is merely to ask a few questions and leave.

She sits in a room filled with booths with phones to be able to communicate with the prisoner face-to-face, with only a bulletproof glass separating the two. Upon grabbing the handset, Mila clears her throat. She looks at Alan, on the wheelchair with both his legs amputated. However, prosthetic legs are ready to be placed once he arrives in America.

Mila: "Good afternoon, Alan Long. Thank you for granting me the permission."

Alan: "I do wish to see you too. After all, I am to say something... "amazing". A proper entry for your book."

Mila: "I am to ask only a few questions about you."

Alan: "Go ahead. Ask as much as you want. Don't hold back."

Mila: "What is your driving force behind all this?"

Alan: "Well, simple. I want recognition. Even my father denied that from me. The only way I can do it is to go overboard. However, in the very end, he came over here to show how he actually loves me. Wow, really? Do I have to be downtrodden just to get his attention?"

Mila: "It proves that parents still dote on their children, no matter which path they took."

Alan: "If only I'd realize that earlier. I couldn't have been here. I would be... doing something really good and legit. But no... and here I am."

Mila: "I see. And what your life could have been if he spends more time with you?"

Alan: "I don't know. A CEO? A laywer? A tycoon? Who knows? I'm just a poor little soul deprived of love. Not even sure what would my mother wanted, either. She died way back then.

I just don't get what love is. It's a trivial little thing, isn't it? It can nurture, but can also destroy. I'm in the latter, obviously. Now, here's something you can even add to your book.

Don't you dare think it's all over. There's a much bigger fish, or rather, sharks to fry. They're still out there. They will stop at nothing. So... if I were you, I'd watch my back. I definitely believe they know who took me down, and they're not hesitant to spill blood if necessary. I'm "gentle" compared to them.

The world of sport is going to be soon falling on to their hands. Not just the racing world. Just how would a group of race car drivers be able to stop them? Well, that would be interesting to watch, wouldn't it? I am actually rooting for you.

There, that should be more than enough material to add to your work. Now, scuttle off. Be thankful that I'm generous today."

Mila shows a brief moment of distress, but quickly puts up a brave front to show her professionalism.

Mila: "Thank you for your "generosity", Mr. Long. Surely you'd love reading my book. Don't worry, the first copy will be sent over to you."

Alan merely smiles.

Alan: "I'm looking forward to it. Anyhow, I've said everything I wanted to say. I want to rest."

Alan places the handset down and turns his wheelchair back. Mila would then stand up and leave the premises. Her face shows signs of worry, and briefly looks up the sky. She sees clouds slowly forming, holding true to the weather forecast of today: An overcast.

Mila: "Looks like another storm is coming..."

***************************************************************************************************************************************************************​

Time: 6:30 pm

The bright sunset ends the day in London. Work has concluded and everyone is off to their homes.

20190715182430.jpg

Takuma is of no exception. He just came back from the late Sir Ben's real estate office located in downtown. While it definitely saddened him to leave the racing world for a while, the rising profits of his adoptive father's company was more than enough to compensate.

He enters the home, and sees his wife in the kitchen chopping vegetables, while Benjamin is laying the plates on the dining table. The two-year old Shin is merely observing, but is suddenly being carried by his father.

Takuma: "How's my little Takuma, huh?"

Benjamin: "Oh, he finally said my name. Thank god..."

Kokoro: "Hey, a year of persistence paid off."

Suddenly, Takuma's smartphone placed on the living room table rings. It's Jenny on the other line. Upon picking it up...

...he hears his cousin sobbing.

Takuma: "Jenny? Are you... crying? What's going on?"

Jenny: "Turn on... the TV... go to BBC..."

Her weeping continues as Takuma opens the television right in front of him. He would then switch to BBC.

And what he saw made his hand drop the phone, as the reporter delivers this grim piece. A footage of a crime scene is shown, with police barriers surrounding Rob's silver McLaren P1 being damaged by gunshots, with holes on the bodywork and multiple glass cracks.

"THIS JUST IN, our latest development on the shooting on Sloane Street earlier this noon. Famed race car driver Rob Hatch has been declared dead on arrival after being shot twice in Sloane Street. Witnesses claim of hearing multiple gunshots that put him down. Initial investigation has found two sniper bullets from his body, one on his head and the other on the chest. While the rest of the bullets have been found on his McLaren P1 hypercar. He was declared dead on arrival upon arriving in the London General Hospital."

Takuma gasps and then bends down on his knees as he looks at the gruesome fate of his beloved best friend. Benjamin and Kokoro rush to the living area as well.

Benjamin: "UNCLE ROB?! NO WAY!

Tears would then start to flow on Takuma's cheeks. Then he crouches down further and hits the carpet hard with his right fist.

Takuma: "NO! WHY?! YOU IDIOT! YOU BALD IDIOT! WHO AM I SUPPOSED TO BICKER WITH NOW?!"

THE END

What was once a strong alliance of dreamers...

...has now shattered and fallen.

Rising from the shards of discord comes a new era, and a new breed of racers that shall carry on the torch.

A new chapter begins.

What to expect on this new chapter? Here are the story arcs, arranged in chronological order:

20190722193501.jpg

Storm: Owen Hatch takes on the helm of the newly-established team after his half-brother's sudden passing. However, a stumbling block stands in his way of conquest to shatter lap records, along with FIA's new chief who shall bring about a rather dubious change to the racing world.

20190722193511.jpg

GT500 Legend IV: Kevin Kern and the Geschwindigkeit continue their conquest, and returns to Japan to participate in the prestigious Super GT series.

20190722193520.jpg

FORMEL: A new division of the Geschwindigkeit that shall focus on Formula racing. Isaiah struggles to conquer the demons of his past, while meeting the expectations of his experienced peers.

And one year later in the storyline:

20190722193527.jpg

NEO: (Synopsis is under wraps! Hehe. Find out Soon™)

The new arc shall start after the July update.

20190722193501.jpg

Owen Hatch takes on the helm of the newly-established team after his half-brother's sudden passing. However, a stumbling block stands in his way of conquest to shatter lap records, along with FIA's new chief who shall bring about a rather dubious change to the racing world.

Narrator: Kevin Kern

Page 1: Crossbow

Time: 12 pm

Oh hello again... Kevin here. Hmmmm... I'm not in the right mood, actually.

I received shocking news that Rob Hatch, who was once one of Dream Alliance's top drivers and the leading figure of the newly-established Team Storm has met his tragic end. Dream Alliance could never catch a break from all of these sudden misfortunes. The racing world has lost another star. That star's glow quickly died out.

It was a cloudy noon. I am at the back of the crowd, with Julie beside me. And not so surprisingly, the entire Dream Alliance is also present, despite the fall out. They have to honor their fallen comrade.

After the gun salute performed by the soldiers dressed in their most formal attire (apparently he served in the military too), the casket slowly descends six feet under. All of a sudden, we're being showered by the heavens. Julie quickly opens up her rather large grey umbrella.

I can also see from afar, his wife pulling the cover of her son's stroller where the infant is lying. I pity the baby boy... he'll never ever see a father figure guiding him. Meanwhile, Owen Hatch with his wife Maria pushing the stroller containing their son are seen leaving the ceremony. Maybe it's too much for Owen to see his half-brother leaving him.

Takuma-san must have been equally devastated as well. He is Rob's best friend after all. Strangely enough, even though I don't know much of him, being in this funeral brings back the pain of loss. The last one I attended was definitely when I buried my mother months back. The wounds are still fresh.

I stormed out, the depressing atmosphere burdens me. I just...

Julie: "Kevin? Where are you going?"

Kevin: "Let's go. I can't stay here any further. We have to prepare for the upcoming race. It's... too depressing to be here."

Julie: "Understood. Let's get out of here."

We got back in to our rental car, and it's just in time as the rain starts to pour heavily. Off to the hotel, then. Tomorrow we're heading back.

******************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Time: 10 am, two days later

Despite one tragedy after another, it's business as usual. We cannot afford sulking around.

And we've met a bit of a problem: The R8 LMS receives a new BoP setting, with its power decreased...

20190803201643.jpg

Even though the Group 3 race is far off, this is a setback.

Julie: "Well well well... it's brainstorming time. We've got to fix the R8 again after the slew of BoP changes."

Kevin: "That's what we get from being dominant."

Suddenly, someone arrives. And it's Nigel. Yep, we took him in after Dream Alliance's falling out. He acts like a secretary of sorts, but he's also a capable driver. Though I still find his lime green hair a bit too odd. He's a cyborg, I know. But he must not look like the ones we see in anime.

Nigel: "Excuse me, I must inform you that Mila Janson has safely arrived in Japan."

Kevin: "Hehe. You don't need to track her flight status."

Nigel: "But you do express concern to her, considering she's pregnant and still working."

MJ went ahead of us to meet the sponsors and as well as checking out the new Group 2 car we just bought. We shall be leaving in a day or two. The Group 4 race in Suzuka is approaching. She also was sent for a new assignment there too. Maybe the company she's working for should cut her some slack. Although she just got pregnant and isn't too obvious from the first glance for now...

Whoops... my phone is ringing. Oh, it's my father.

Kevin: "Hello?"

Abel: "Still at the HQ? I'm picking you up. Are you free?"

Kevin: "I could use a little break."

Abel: "Oh good. I've got to show you something. I'll be there in half an hour."

***************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Time: 12 pm

Father picked me up, and travelled an hour to his home in Cologne. It's a tiny one. Well, he and my mom divorced anyway... At least he keeps a nice house, well maintained and free of problems.

He then leads me to his garage, and I am greeted by something like this...

20190803201650.jpg

A red Porsche 962C. How the hell he managed to afford that?!

Kevin: "A Porsche 962."

Abel: "That's right. And it's road legal. I'm showing it to you because you need a car in the Hyper class races, am I right?"

Kevin: "That's true, but I never thought you'd be able to find something like this."

My father is far from poor. He definitely made a lot of money from his various innovations as an engineer, and as well as being a professor in a prestigious university. But that 962 costs probably more than a Bugatti Chiron... or maybe less.

Abel: "I fixed it up to be competitive while being compliant. This is the least I can do to make it up to you..."

Kevin: "Dad... you don't have to. I've already forgiven you. We're okay."

Abel: "But you deserve compensation after leaving you for almost your entire life. It's not fair to do nothing now that we reconciled."

Kevin: "Okay then. Thanks, Dad. A lot has been going on lately. The torch has been passed on to me, and along with that, the burden."

Abel: "Then you have people who can carry it together with you. And that's us. Geschwindigkeit. We'll be able to pull through. You are not doing this alone."

My father would then pat my shoulder. Thanks. Never expected that you'd do this much for me. I hope Mom is watching from above.

Abel: "All right, with that, let's have lunch. I've prepared something special in the kitchen. I'm hungry too."

However, unbeknown to Kevin, another car sits alone in Abel's secret room behind the garage...

20190803201657.jpg
+

20190803201705.jpg

Time: 2 pm, the next day

In the sunny Mie Prefecture, in particular, the Suzuka Circuit, a certain car makes its rounds...

20190803201715.jpg

Team Storm has chosen to represent the Group 4 category with the KTM X-Bow, particularly Rob Hatch's. It was regulated for the said category.

20190803201721.jpg

Behind the helm is Owen, who is now running Team Storm. He remains composed even after his half-brother's sudden passing. He has to stay strong for his team.

20190803201728.jpg

Meanwhile, Tammy Xiang is anxious about the team's future, considering that she just got in.

Tammy: "I wonder how Owen can handle the leadership? He looks up so much to Mr. Hatch."

20190803201734.jpg

Tammy: "Owen looks so dead serious the moment he took the reign. More importantly, what was that "next phase" that Rob used to talk about? Now that he's dead, shouldn't that stop? But it seems Owen is bent on moving forward, and continuing that plan."

20190803201740.jpg

Tammy: "I get that we have to move on. But to have that kind of serious demeanour, I think it portrays something deeper. What's truly going on?!"

End of Page 1

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

- Surprised at the return of the legendary X-Bow? :sly:

That wrecked 930 Turbo must be hiding a secret from Abel's past...

So does the 962. ;)

The next arc will explain all of that. I shall insert the 1980s arc before we start GT500 Legend IV.

As soon as I read "X-Bow" and "Group 4" in the same sentence, my mind immediately raced to the actual X-Bow GT4. That paint scheme would suit the actual GT4 car well, I'd say.

Too bad we don’t have the GT4 racer in the game.

Either way, expect a David vs. Goliath Group 4 battle. I will share the Veyron Gr.4’s livery later.

Page 2: Hyper

Time: 12 pm, the next day

Jeezus...

20190804200957.jpg

Is this car from another planet?! Considering this is around 30 years old... with huge power and turbo lag... and street legal, it's... I can't describe it!

20190804201008.jpg

I gotta nurse the throttle on corner exits, but even on mere street tires, this grips very well!

20190804201014.jpg

It can zoom past 360 km/h on the long straight with ease, and it hasn't even reached its rev limit, mind you. I've done multiple laps on this one today, I can't still put my finger on it! Nine hundred forty six horsepower... but with added air conditioning and extra chassis bracing to make it safer to use on the road.

Oh, the retro-styled team logo is an icing on the cake. Fits very well on the car.

And the lap time is...

20190804201020.jpg

Abel: "Six minutes and five point two seconds. It's your fastest lap. Better head over here to the pits. You have to rest up. Tomorrow is our flight to Japan."

WHAT?! ARE YOU SERIOUS?! AND THAT'S ON STREET TIRES!

After heading back to the pits, I breathe out a huge sigh. It was exhausting trying to tame this monster of a car. But I guess that's the Hyper category taken care of.

Dad passes a towel over to me. I have to wipe off sweat all over my face.

Kevin: "I can't believe this. Is this truly street legal?"

Abel: "We haven't been caught by the police on our way here, that's for sure. And the license plate is the proof of that. Relax. Isn't that also a requirement in the Hyper category?"

Julie: "All right, playtime is over. Well, that's one dilemma solved."

While we're about to clean up the pit garage, I briefly checked on the racing news. I found this new article today:

SIR SHAW McCARTHY RETIRES AS FIA HEAD.

"Today marks a new era for the FIA. Sir Shaw McCarthy has stepped down as the president of the FIA. To replace him is Maximilian Marsh, a respected figure in the American sports industry.

Marsh shall take on the new responsibility of heralding change to the racing world, just as much as he did in the sports landscape in his home country. He also promises to resume the great work that Sir McCarthy started."

Julie: "Help us clean up, will ya?"

Kevin: "Sorry, I just encountered this rather shocking news today. Sir Shaw McCarthy stepped down as the president of the FIA, and he is replaced by someone named Maximilian Marsh."

Julie: "Is that so? Hmmmm... the old man does deserve a rest. Being a steward of a huge industry is no joke."

Abel: "Did you just say Marsh?"

Kevin: "Yeah, you know him?"

Abel: "Ah... nothing. Just nothing. Maybe someone who I met during my early career days. Anyway, can you follow me, Kevin? I'm taking you to somewhere special before you head off to Japan. Julie, mind if you go back to our HQ alone?"

Julie: "I don't mind. I'll only sort out my luggage for the trip."

Where are we off to, Dad? Another surprise car?

Time: 2 pm

I followed him via a convoy to Cologne. We then stop off to a retirement home. Huh? What are we doing here?

Kevin: "What are we doing here? Are we to meet someone?"

Abel: "Ah yes. Your grandfather. I promised him to bring you here, but after your mother and I divorced, that never materialized."

Kevin: "Mom never mentioned to me that I have a grandparent."

Abel: "Time to know a bit more about your family, Kevin. Come in."

We head inside. The reception area looks neat. And I see old people reading periodicals. Some of them are playing board games and watching television. Dad is talking to the receptionist, presumably asking her to summon my grandfather.

A few minutes later, we see a nurse pushing a bald old man on a wheelchair. He wears a leather jacket and slacks. You can really tell he's aged a lot. Upon stopping, the old man would then slowly raise his hand and point a finger at me. He looks delighted...

Ernst: "G... Gerhard?"

Gerhard? Wait... what? Why did he call me that?

Abel: "No... this is Kevin. Oh by the way, Kevin. This is your grandfather Ernst. He's 80 years old."

Ernst: "No... no... Gerhard. Why... did it take you so long, Gerhard?"

Kevin: "Uh...."

Abel: "Sorry, Kevin. He's having a problem. He can just spew out random names of people he met in the past, even to strangers."

Ernst: "No! I'm seeing Gerhard! What are you talking about, Abel?"

Abel: "This is Kevin, Dad. Remember? You even held him on to your arms when he was born."

Ernst: "Kevin, you say?"

I walked towards my grandfather, and then shake hands with him.

Kevin: "Hi... my name is Kevin. Pleasure to meet you, grandpa."

Ernst: "Ah yes... but you know something? Your eyes... the way you look at me with that smile, reminds me of... Gerhard."

Abel: "Dad... I told you. He's not Gerhard. Are you daydreaming or something? Are you taking the medicines prescribed for you? You must. Here we go again with your random name calling. What will you call him next, Samantha? Kevin here is a famous celebrity we see in the computer. And he's also a race car driver. I showed to you a video of him on my previous visit, remember?"

Ernst: "Race car driver? I think you are the one who needs to stay here as well, Abel. You're also getting old. If he's a race car driver, then he's Gerhard!"

I laughed for a bit. Even though he's old, I think I can spend more time with him. Maybe my father is truly making up time, and now he's taking me to our relatives.

But yeah...

...who is Gerhard? Why does my grandfather keep calling me that?

I think the answer will be reserved for the time being, I'm afraid. I've got the FIA Championship to focus on. But it's a refreshing break to meet my relatives here and there.

************************************************************************************************************************************

Time: 4 pm, the next day

It's a busy day at the newly reorganized Ravenwest team. The team has learned from its past mistakes and aims to retake the glory that was once lost due to corruption. Recovering from such reputation will be no easy feat.

Francois is seen at the reception area, greeting a man none other than...

...Andy Midfield.

Francois: "Thank you for considering the offer, Andy. I knew what happened to your team and we reached out to you purely because of your potential. It doesn't deserve to go to waste."

Andy: "Thanks. I honestly don't know what I'm going to do now that Dream Alliance broke up. Both Takuma-san and Nobuhiko-san are nut jobs. And also, I didn't pick either side. Both of them are... carried away with their emotions. I hate that. I had to leave because of their spat."

Francois: "I guess that's unprofessional of them, don't you think? Anyway, enough of that. We believe that both of us can help Ravenwest rise from the ashes."

Francois then leads Andy to a special garage, wherein a car greets them.

20190804201028.jpg

A road legal version of the SRT Tomahawk.

Andy: "It's the Tomahawk."

Francois: "Over one thousand horsepower with a hybrid system. And it's light as a feather while complying production car standards. You can drive American muscle cars, so I think this will provide no challenge for you."

Andy: "What are we driving this for? And someone sent my Viper here, apparently. Until now, I don't know who messed with it. But I gotta thank the guy, since he returned it anyway."

Francois: "Ah yes. We did receive a Viper GT3 from an individual who refused to name himself. The Group 3 class is what we're gunning for, so we decided to use it. And we also need your input on the livery. And as for the Tomahawk, we will also join the Hyper class with it. We need your feedback on this once you drive it."

Andy: "Got it. I also heard that Team Storm is also competing in the Hyper class. Time to flex muscles. I have a rival there."

End of Page 2

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

- Abel clearly hides something. What could it be? And also, how does he know Maximilian Marsh?

Page 3 - Big In Japan

Time: 10 am, the next day

Julie, Kevin, Nigel, Kiehl and Janine are now on their way to the airport. But even with the main cast heading off to Japan, the other division is business as usual.

Abel is left behind as per Julie's instruction, as he is to manage the Formula Geschwindigkeit team for the time being.

In the meeting room, Isaiah, Benjamin, and the new member - named Alexei Bourdukovsky - are waiting. Benjamin and Isaiah merely stare at their new Russian teammate.

To break the awkwardness, Abel claps his hands.

Abel: "All right, let's start this first meeting of Formula Geschwindigkeit. Isaiah, Benjamin, meet Alexei Bourdukovsky. He shall complete the roster. He just got the Open Wheel license from the FIA, and is a rising star in Russia's racing circles."

Alexei: "Pleasure to meet you, all. I'm happy to be a part of the team. Though I do wish I can personally encounter Kevin Kern someday."

Benjamin: "You'll get to meet him in due time. Do not worry."

Alexei then puts up a grin.

Alexei: "Seems like you have a tall order. Your father just... disappeared into limelight."

Benjamin: "What?"

Then he puts his attention to Isaiah.

Alexei: "And you... still cannot escape the demons of the past. How will your father react to this?"

Isaiah widened his eyes.

Isaiah: "How do you...?"

Before the tension can rise any further, Abel claps his hands once more.

Abel: "Enough! I don't want animosity between the three of you. We're going to iron out whatever kinks we have, together. We do not want another Dream Alliance. If anything, we will fix the mess the fall out left. The Formula Season is upon us. We are to lighten the burden Kevin is carrying at the moment."

Alexei: "Well, I can tolerate both of these nut jobs."

Benjamin: "You speak so high and mighty, and yet I haven't even heard nor even saw your name in the big leagues of Formula One."

Alexei: "And what are you both? Children with inherited super skills? Shouldn't you both be reputable, since you've got superpowers, am I right? Where's the name on the screens? Or on the social media pages?"

Abel: "Oh boy..."

Benjamin: "Why did you take Alexei in, Dr. Kern?"

Abel: "He does have the appropriate skill. But the attitude? We'll sort that out soon. Alexei, that's enough."

Benjamin stands up.

Benjamin: "I'll get coffee, if you don't mind. Want to have one too, Isaiah?"

Isaiah: "I'm coming."

The two would then leave the meeting room to help themselves with caffeine. Upon closing the door, Alexei smiles upon staring at Abel.

Alexei: "Now's the opportunity."

Abel: "Opportunity for what? I'm the next victim of your tirade?"

Alexei: "No."

Abel: "What you said to both of them intrigued me."

Alexei: "And that's where our REAL talk starts, Dr. Kern. You see..."

And their private conversation begins. What transpires between them is set aside... for now.

***********************************************************************************************************************************************************

We're back in Japan... oh well. This is for the Group 4 round 1. I do have this feeling that I am stepping into enemy territory, considering what I've done to Nobuhiko-san.

Julie briefed us during breakfast as to our agenda for today. We are to see a car today. It's our Super GT car. Though we haven't really talked about how we're dealing with it since it runs alongside the FIA Championship season.

We then converged into the hotel lobby, waiting for our coaster bus to arrive. While waiting, I have to keep away boredom. So, let's strike up a conversation, shall we?

Kevin: "Today's going to be a normal day, I bet."

Kiehl: "You can tell already?"

Janine: "You haven't even thought of the drivers for Super GT, and yet we are joining while we're in the middle of the FIA Championship. You gotta be less... impulsive."

Kiehl: "She's right."

Kevin: "I'll definitely join. And... Nigel is with us now, remember? He's just as capable as the two of you."

Kiehl: "You're going to ditch us? I trust Nigel, but of course you are our trump card."

Kevin: "Don't put it that way. I want to expand my horizon, that's all. I've been dreaming of joining Super GT the moment I joined to Dream Alliance Japan. But that never materialized because of... priorities. Now's my chance. I cannot blow it. I've even finalized the livery.

I only need one more driver. Super GT teams run two drivers."

Before we can continue the discussion, the coaster bus finally arrives. Without any disruptions, we then enter the bus.

The destination isn't too far off. But hey, I did enjoy seeing some custom sports cars roaming around.

The location in question is a garage that we rented where the car is stashed. A caretaker is watching over it, but all the mechanical work will be done by us.

And the car? Voila!

20190810204347.jpg

Adorning a hybrid of cherry blossoms and autumn leaves livery, this is the NSX. The mid-engined layout will always prove its superiority. Why the livery design? I love both Japan and of course my homeland, Germany. Both are such wonderful countries and they're the stalwarts in the motorsports scene. The graphics is a perfect fit for the NSX.

Kiehl: "As expected from Kevin. Always quirky."

Kevin: "I've even thought of putting an anime girl on the livery, but I dropped it off by the last minute."

Julie: "I don't even know how you're going to pull this off, Kevin. You need one more driver. And we're in the middle of the championship. You think you can juggle between TWO championship seasons?"

I've got to be blunt now and address this issue once and for all.

Kevin: "Guys, give Nigel the credit he deserves. He will take care of you. I'll be briefly racing the Super GT and I'll come back as soon as soon as it's over. The driver? I'll take care of that too. Look, my mother taught me how to clean up my mess and own up to my shortcomings. If I created my own dilemma, then it's my prerogative to fix it myself. I want my name to be etched in the Japanese motorsports, not just in Europe. I've got to expand my repertoire."

Kiehl: "Fair enough. Good luck."

Kevin: "Plus, I believe in you too, guys. I know you have the skills. Heck, wasn't I the struggling one when we raced back then? You know, making me sweat was already the sign.

But do not worry, the Super GT season won't start in a jiffy. I will still support you guys whenever I'm free."

************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Meanwhile, in a different but equally luxurious hotel located in the heart of Tokyo, Mila is at the hotel's restaurant, typing something on her laptop. She had successfully wooed sponsors for Geschwindigkeit. But then she now has a new job at hand... and it's not relating to the team.

She would then return to her investigative reporting duties at her behest, despite entering pregnancy.

Mila: "I wonder where is he? The Japanese are known to be punctual...."

The waitress serves the cup of Caramel Macchiato she ordered. Mila is to meet someone today.

As if on cue, a white GT3 RS arrives at the hotels front foyer. Coming out of the car is a man wearing all white, from the blazer all the day down to his shoes, in contrast to his tanned skin and brown hair along with orange colored sunglasses. The man talks to the valet driver, requesting his car to be stashed.

20190810204357.jpg

He would enter the hotel lobby with an air of sophistication, with some people noticing his presence. He makes his way to the restaurant, and after a brief moment of looking around, he finally sits down with Mila.

Mila: "You must be Kenjiro Sato. I'm Mila Janson. It's good to have finally met you."

Kenjiro: "Pardon me from sending you cryptic messages back then. But our cooperation shall yield impressive results. First of all, I am impressed by your book. It truly deserves to be on the best sellers list."

Mila: "At least in Germany it did. Not sure on the United States, though."

Kenjiro Sato is a half-Brazilian, half-Japanese heir to his father's agricultural company. He used to be a journalist, but not just a mere one.

Kenjiro: "You're affiliated with Kevin Kern, am I right? Well, this is the perfect opportunity. I think it would be better if we keep this conversation... private?"

Mila: "Okay. But what does it have to do with Kevin?"

Kenjiro: "You see, I've trifled with powerful organizations. I've even brought down a Brazilian drug cartel to its knees by pen and paper alone. Even I've exposed the connection between street racers and drugs here, you know? I'm willing to rain down bullets if it means changing the community into a better place.

Now, why am I saying this? I'm now targeting the FIA."

Mila: "The FIA? Why? And you're still not answering my question."

Kenjiro: "We're going to have a very lengthy conversation, miss. Where will I start? Ah! The new head honcho of the FIA? He has something to do with Kevin."

Mila: "Okaaay...."

Kenjiro: "The FIA will soon start to get rotten if we don't do anything soon. Maximilian Marsh? Hmph!"

Mila: "Maximilian Marsh, the new president of the FIA. What does he have to do with Kevin?"

Kenjiro: "Didn't you write in your book that Alan Long was part of a secret organization? And didn't you also write that there's something deeper? Now tell me, is that merely a cliffhanger to urge people to buy a sequel you're writing? Or is it perhaps there really is something hiding beneath? Are you, a reputable journalist, would resort to lies? Hmph... I've stumbled upon an article of a Japanese sports scandal, and Maximilian Marsh was involved, apparently. But it lead to a dead end, with that man getting off the hook. Another select few of athletes coming from various disciplines of sport are also pointing fingers to the same man.

And to finally answer your question? He must "answer" to Kevin. And that is what WE should find out. I've, however, have gotten hold of this interesting history of Maximilian. He was once a racer 30 or so years ago.

Now, where to begin his tale?"

And so Kenjiro does begin his tale, while Mila still getting the grips of the man's purpose...

***********************************************************************************************************************************************************
Time: 7 pm

We didn't spend too long in the rented garage. After that, we spent the rest of the day shopping for souvenirs.

But yeah, I am carrying a dilemma. Who am I supposed to hire for the Super GT race? I have myself, but who's the other? Maybe the consequences of my impulsiveness are catching up to me. That's one of my weaknesses. And that revenge plot I've done back then? Totally out of impulse. I tend to decide immediately without thinking about it.

I need to fill myself. Perhaps a snack would suffice.

Snack? I know! The mochi shop! Since I'm already within the vicinity.

After a twenty minute walk, I arrived at Takanori-san's home. Oh... nice little MX-5.

20190810204404.jpg

I then entered the shop. Oh, his mother is here.

Tomoko: "Oh, Mr. Kern! Nice to see you back! I must call my son. Please stay here while I call him."

Kevin: "Ummm... is it okay? I mean, I don't want to disturb him. I'm only here for a quick munch."

Tomoko: "If I remember right, he wanted to speak to you after Hiroyuki-san passed on. Now's the opportunity."

What does he want to talk about?

She then heads out to call her son, while I pick a dozen of mochi to enjoy all by myself. Hehe.

While waiting for the order, Takanori-san arrives and joins me in my table. He looks very happy to see me again.

Takanori: "Hey, Kevin-san! It's been a while!"

Kevin: "I'm happy to see you again, Takanori-san."

Takanori: "What brings you here? Oh right... the Group 4 race in Suzuka."

Kevin: "Yeah. I'll be leaving tomorrow."

Takanori: "I'm here to speak with you, actually. Mind if you stay here for a bit?"

Kevin: "Sure. No problem."

Takanori: "I actually want to thank you. I spoke to my twin after Dream Alliance fell out. I gotta say, you must be very bold."

Kevin: "Punching Nobuhiko-san? That was out of impulse. I gotta apologize somehow. But..."

Takanori: "No. Not that. I actually could have done the same, you know? I thank you for letting my brother to rest. He's been going through an awful lot. And to think he passed on the torch to you, out of all people. He saw the same fire he once had, in you."

Kevin: "But now, I feel this very heavy burden on me. I gotta pick up where Dream Alliance left off, but at the same time, I gotta stick to my own team's plans. I can't let my team think we're Dream Alliance two point zero. Plus, right now, I'm in a dilemma."

Takanori: "Sounds like you have a lot going on too. What's going on?"

Kevin: "I have joined my team in the Super GT too. Trouble is, we can't find a new driver since we're in the middle of the FIA championship. I'm the only one running in the Super GT division, while I let Nigel take charge of the FIA championship along with Kiehl and Janine. I will lend my hand to them as much as I can when I'm free. And the Super GT season isn't too far off anyway. We already have a car."

Takanori: "Well, why not me?"

Woah, my heart skipped a beat there.

Kevin: "H-Huh?! Are you serious? Aren't you a member of the new Dream Alliance?"

Takanori merely smiles at me. What, you're going to ditch them too?

Takanori: "The new team hasn't been officially organized. And I was mulling over whether to join them or not. Turns out, I don't think I have to. I'm in. I'm serious about it."

Kevin: "Are you sure about that? You're going to leave the team that once shaped you?"

Takanori: "Now that you carry on the torch, I'm the flame that can make it stronger and brighter. Come on. I'll help you. I'm going to keep it burning, for my brother's sake."

Whew... what a way to end the day. Takanori-san, thank you. Another stalwart joining in the ranks. He's definitely one hell of an asset.

The two of us then stand up, and shake hands.

Kevin: "Wilkommen in Geschwindigkeit, mein freund."

Takanori: "Pleasure to be working with you. And... mind if you help me pronounce the team's name?"

************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Oh the joy! Takanori-san decided to help me carry the torch. Plus, his presence in the team will be of great value to us. Julie approves of him too. All right, let's get back to regular programming, shall we?

However... the happiness is short-lived. We have ran into a problem in the qualifying.

The Veyron failed to start. Wow... really? Never expected that from German engineering. And now we have to take out the engine just to sort out a tiny problem. That's the folly of most mid-engined cars. This will definitely take a lot of time, and we made a painful decision to skip the qualifying and start at the very last of the grid.

20190810204413.jpg

Nigel: "Sorry, Mr. Kevin. But we're working on it."

Kevin: "It's okay, guys. No need to sweat it."

And I'm acting race manager too. Well, technically I'm still a driver, but a mere backup one in case Nigel... malfunctions.

While I let the crew sort out the problem, I see a man wearing a suit and tie, making the rounds with a secretary. He looks old, but his hair is gelled back and is wearing glasses.

Wait a minute... oh right! Maximilian Marsh! He's the one I saw in the news. The new FIA president personally checks the pit garages!

I straightened out my race suit and fixed my hair as he approaches over to our garage. He then stops abruptly upon seeing me. He would then stare. Huh? Do I have something?

Maximilian: "You must be Kevin Kern, am I right?"

Secretary: "Yes sir, he is Kevin Kern, a popular social media star with currently over 10 million followers."

Maximilian: "And a skilled driver. Very skilled driver. Oh, by the way, my name is Maximilian Marsh."

Kevin: "Kevin Kern, nice to have finally seen you in the flesh, Mr. President."

We then shake hands. Oddly enough, his hand is cold.

Maximilian: "Mechanical problem? Qualifying has begun."

Kevin: "I'm afraid so. But this is a minor one, sir. We'll be able to run in the race proper."

Maximilian: "And make an epic finish, I expect. I know you and your team. Well, best of luck."

He then pats my shoulder as he takes his leave. That brief moment he stared at me, as if something pulled out of his spine. He was like gobsmacked, as if I reminded him of something.

Maximilian: "So he's the one that made Francois Montagny switch sides and Ravenwest ditching us. He probably put Alan behind bars too.

But
...HE LOOKS LIKE SOMEONE WHO I CROSSED PATHS WITH. THE PAST IS FINALLY STARTING TO CATCH UP."

An hour has passed, and we finally made the car running just in time for the race. Kiehl can make a miracle here. His precision lines will definitely swallow up the gap. Nigel and Janine are ready as well.

20190810204423.jpg

And it's not surprising that Team Storm's KTM X-Bow is taking the pole position. Bring it on, then!

20190810204429.jpg

20190810204435.jpg

Time to put an end to that X-Bow's legendary winning streak. Sorry to dishonor your late half-brother, Owen.

END OF PAGE 3

Page 4 - Goliath's Revenge

While the race is underway...

20190817180648.jpg

Mila makes her way to pit garage where Geschwindigkeit is. But unknown to her, a presence follows her.

It's a man with a black suit and tie, typical to a corporate employee.

But as he draws closer to her, he suddenly drops down...

...as a bullet hits his head. The trajectory traces all the way to an empty watch tower which used to be operational. Inside is a man wearing a green fur cloak concealing pretty much everything in his body, holding a sniper rifle with a silencer. The unknown shooter disassembles the rifle in quick succession. The parts were then placed in a large shoulder bag and he nonchalantly descends through.

Scores of people are gathering around the corpse, with the track officials inspecting the corpse, and some of them prompted to call the police.

Mila looked behind as she hears the commotion, she would be taken by surprise, but then she quickly goes on her way to Geschwindigkeit's pit garage. Upon seeing Kevin, she taps his shoulder.

Kevin: "MJ!"

Mila: "I'm glad to see you. But you gotta check this out!"

MJ leads me out at the back. She would then show me a crowd, along with paramedics. What's going on?

Kevin: "What's going on?"

Mila: "I have no idea, but that scared me. Someone..."

I could see someone lying unconscious on the stretcher and being brought in the ambulance. The police and paramedics are making their efforts to disperse the crowd.

But I guess the show must go on, then.

20190817180658.jpg

When it comes to making the ground up, Kiehl is the man for the job. He sets faster lap times than me... well, slightly. Gotta keep some pride there, hehe.

20190817180708.jpg

He makes mincemeat of the others. Now it's no question why Dream Alliance had a hard time.

20190817180715.jpg

20190817180723.jpg

Meanwhile...

...news of the shooting incident makes its way to Maximilian. His secretary briefs him about what happened. He then stands up from his chair.

Maximilian: "Well, are there any more casualties?"

Secretary: "Initial investigation reveals that he is the only man being shot dead."

Maximilian: "Can the track officials provide us with the camera footage? Maybe we can find out who the perpetrator was."

Secretary: "I must attend to it, sir."

While Maximilian calmly made those statements, to show his air of professionalism in dealing with the matter, his thoughts say a different matter.

Maximilian: "I've sent him after the journalist for days. All my damage control... gone. Who disposed of him? More and more books have been published."

Time: 7 am

At the crack of dawn on the Western hemisphere, Formula Geschwindigkeit seems to have taken a step forward and practice is underway, despite the tension between the three.

20190817180730.jpg

Alexei is at the helm, getting the grips of the F1500T-A, in which a race series dedicated to that car which garnered huge interest is starting soon.

Benjamin is looking at the stopwatch, along with Isaiah, who feels nothing but awe as he sees how much better his teammates are.

Benjamin: "He's got 1 minute and 49 seconds to beat. Good luck to him handling that twitchy bugger."

Abel merely observes the main straight, and shows no reaction as he sees the old school open cockpit racer blitz by.

20190817180737.jpg

20190817180744.jpg

Abel: "His attitude notwithstanding, he really is someone to look up to. Kevin will have no regrets accepting Alexei. However..."

20190817180751.jpg

Abel: "Alexei knows a lot. I'd better keep myself close to him after that brief private talk."

Upon crossing the line, Alexei posted a time of 1 minute and 45.5 seconds.

Benjamin:
"Am I imagining things?! He's 4 seconds faster!"

Abel: "He's worth keeping, that's for sure. Maybe we just have to understand him. He'll tear down his walls, eventually."

Abel casually walks past, and starts informing the crew to prepare a new set of tires for the practice.

Back in Suzuka...

The combined efforts of Kiehl, and Nigel truly paid off. We're hot on Owen's tail.

20190817181220.jpg

Heh... where's that legend that the X-Bow is exuding about? It may be really fast, but I'm sorry, we've got a Kiehl Muller. However, we can't be too sure.

20190817181229.jpg

Kiehl: "Seems like Goliath finally kept up with David. He needs a payback."

20190817181236.jpg

Kiehl: "Don't tell me you're all wind and no tornado, Team Storm. You're nothing but a mere breeze, Owen. Rob Hatch must be rolling in his grave."

End of Page 4

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

- Who is this mysterious sniper? Will he be an ally or another villain?

-
You'll find out who this sniper is pretty much Soon™

Page 5 - Happy Birthday

20190818174013.jpg

We're gaining on Team Storm. I can't take my eyes off the cockpit footage. As usual, it's also streaming on our YouTube channel for our fans to enjoy.

20190818174019.jpg

(Background Music: Super Driver - Daniel)

20190818174026.jpg

Kiehl: "You may be fast, but I'm afraid you still have a long way to go to match up to your brother. I have trifled with him once, and your pace is nowhere near as his."

20190818174032.jpg

Kiehl: "Such a depressing thought that you are to take the helm that your brother left behind. Hopefully your team is holding up well after his passing."

20190818174038.jpg

Owen: "He's hot on my tail. I would expect to dominate with Rob's trusty X-Bow. This isn't what I had in mind."

20190818174045.jpg

However, the Veyron's porky dynamics get the better of us...

20190818174051.jpg

Kiehl: "Personally, I'd ditch this car. Kevin would better change this one ASAP."

20190818174057.jpg

Owen: "Some breathing room? I hope so..."

Knowing your credentials Owen, there's no reason for us to underestimate you. Therefore we'll not make it easy.

20190818174104.jpg

Kiehl: "The X-Bow went in a bit too fast there. Huh. Never expected that from a "legendary" race car."

20190818174110.jpg

Lightweight cars tend to be dangerous on the limit. The KTM X-Bow is of no exception. It's starting to spin!

20190818174116.jpg

Woah! Step on the brakes, Kiehl! I can't imagine another broken Veyron!

20190818174122.jpg

Kiehl: "You must know where your limits are, Owen. But I gotta say, nice catch."

20190818174129.jpg

Well, at least an accident was avoided. Gotta give Owen some props, for catching the X-Bow on a high speed spin. That takes a lot of work!

20190818174136.jpg

Kiehl: "Sorry, Owen. But you are the least of my problems right now."

20190818174142.jpg

Kiehl: "I have someone who I must beat. A hurdle, I say. Sadly, you're not that one."

20190818174148.jpg

Keep the pressure on, Muller. I think it's working.

20190818174154.jpg

Finally! Kiehl's persistence pays off! This distracted Owen that he lost balance of the X-Bow.

20190818174201.jpg

Owen: "Never I had experienced an opponent like this. Rob once told me about you...."

20190818174207.jpg

Owen: "Clearly I never expected this result. I'm struggling at the very end. I underestimated that Veyron, I gotta admit."

20190818174213.jpg

Kiehl: "Where's the speed expected from Owen Watson? Don't disappoint your brother watching from the skies!"

20190818174219.jpg

Aaaaaand the X-Bow croaks.

20190818174225.jpg

Kiehl: "The person who I truly want to beat is none other than... KEVIN. The only person who can beat is none other than ME."

Time: 7 am, the next day

Once again, the brand-new Circuit Sainte-Croix wakes up with the sound of a V10 roar...

20190818182901.jpg

Since the crack of dawn, Ravenwest is taking the track all by themselves. Andy is dead serious in conquering the Group 3 class.

And apparently, today... is his birthday.

20190818182911.jpg

His only way of celebration is through driving. He isn't fancying parties whatsoever, but at least his teammate greets him through the radio.

Francois: "Oh by the way, happy birthday, Andy. I almost forgot."

Little does Andy know that a surprise awaits him, in the form of none other than his father, Russell, standing just behind Francois.

20190818182917.jpg

Andy: "Thanks."

Francois: "Hey, you've been running for hours. Are you sure the tires are okay?"

20190818182923.jpg

Andy: "Yeah. I'd better pit in. Get the crew ready."

Francois: "And eat your breakfast too, you know?"

The communication is then cut off. Russell then takes off his sunglasses.

Francois: "Ready, sir?"

Russell: "I'm actually nervous. But I can't hide from my son forever. He knows I'm dead, but he's mature enough to handle the truth. Plus, I've got to protect him."

Francois: "Well, I can only wish good luck. I'm not an expert on family relations. At least Andy still has a family..."

The moment of truth has finally arrived. The Viper stops, and Andy quickly alights off the race car. Upon removing his helmet, he turns his head straight up and then...

...his heart starts to beat faster. His sweat flows down on the side of his face. After all these years, he finally sees his father, who he thought has been erased from existence. He had then dropped his racing gloves on the pavement.

Russell: "Andy..."

Andy: "R-Russell? Dad.... is that, really you?"

Russell: "Yes. And happy birthday, son."

Andy's eyes then start gush down a stream of tears. He'd never thought this day would ever come...

End of Page 5

Page 6 - Commencing Mission

Andy never thought the moment would come....

All along, he knew his father bit the dust, in the name of serving his country. He had accepted it, despite the pain. He had to move on.

But all of it came back, the moment he saw Russell. For Russell, however, this is the moment he cannot pass up on. Strike while the iron is hot, people say.

Russell: "Andy, it's me..."

(Music: Dearly Beloved - Yoko Shimomura)

Andy feels no hesitation, he comes rushing.... and tightly wraps his arms around his father. Francois could only control his emotions, while looking at the wondrous reunion of the father and son.

Russell: "It's been how long, Andy? Ten...? Fifteen...? Or perhaps twenty years?"

Andy: "IT DOESN'T MATTER, YOU MORON!"

He exclaimed while sobbing. He has to let go all of the grief, and loneliness for all those years. Russell would then straighten up his son, and pat his shoulder.

Russell: "I've been watching you all along."

Andy, wiping his face, responds.

Andy: "Then why didn't you show up? You know that Mom died as well... right? I'm all alone. Why did you leave it that way?"

Russell: "It's my way of protecting the country... and you as well. The government asked me to play dead, and I just like any other patriotic person, I have to play the part. Your mother's passing, also hurt me. I broke a promise. But... I cannot afford breaking another one, with you."

Andy: "I hope you have a slightest idea how I felt..."

Russell: "We share the pain, Andy. But now, that's all in the past. I'm here right in front of you, because..."

Andy: "Because of what?"

Russell: "The racing world is in turmoil. I have to protect YOU. Well, not just you, though. Ravenwest being involved in Alan's schemes was just the start. But it won't end after you ditched him. A big syndicate is trying to take grip not just the world of racing, but the entire world of SPORT. WE'VE got a lot to do. And WE can stop them."

Andy: "Syndicate? And here I thought Alan caused a lot of headache for the Dream Alliance."

Russell: "Alan was merely a failed member of the said syndicate. Of course they had to take action so nothing leaks. Through your endless dedication to racing, that's sending a message to them, that you are not going to falter. So keep doing what you are supposed to do. I'll do the dirty work."

Andy: "So that means you're setting off again?"

Russell: "Please trust me this time. But I will catch up as much as I can. I know very well what I have to do with you."

Andy breathes out a deep sigh. His father never came back for long, but with everything came clean, he takes the gamble.

Andy: "All right. But please... show up, okay? Let me know what you're doing. I know it's absurd, but you have to be here with me. I cannot afford loneliness anymore. It's a price I'm never willing to pay."

Russell once again places his hand on his son's shoulder, a sign of promise that this time he'll never break.

Russell: "Then I won't put that up."

**********************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Time: 10 am, one week later

I've secured my entry in the GT500 category of Super GT, thanks to Takanori-san's inclusion to our team. Plus, he's with us today because he wants to check up on his brother, naturally.

We've got a race to deal with. And Julie will brief us today by lunch time at a conference room she rented in the hotel.

I'm outside, taking a stroll with Takanori-san. We stopped by at a bakery. I'm in a mood for a large croissant.

Takanori: "Man, I would kill for these croissants. They look lovely!"

Kevin: "Well, according to some of the foodies I follow on Instagram, this bakery is highly recommended."

We then both sit down as we wait for the staff to prepare our croissants we can munch on in our hotel rooms. Plus, it's too crowded, anyway. A fan of mine decided to approach and asked for a selfie.

Being a celebrity, of course I have to oblige. Say cheese!

After a brief talk with the fan, our bread arrived and we quickly leave the premises. You don't wanna be caught up in a chaos created by a popular attraction.

We then head out, going back to our hotel. I would then strike up a conversation.

Kevin: "Takanori-san, won't you mind me asking this? Do you have any animosity towards Nobuhiko-san? After all, leaving your former team wasn't easy on your part, ain't it?"

Takanori: "I don't. I wish him all the good things, but I gotta go where I feel I can move forward. I believe your team will let me. Besides, I haven't been racing much lately, you know? My mom's shop is doing well, so she even told me to worry about myself."

Before I can utter another word, we suddenly heard a loud thud from behind. We then look back, and to our surprise, it's an unconscious man wearing a corporate attire! We were drawn to it. And we crouched down to look into it further.

Takanori: "Oh no... what could have happened?"

Another unconscious man... could this be related to the incident in Suzuka last week? As Takanori-san inspects further, he then spots a dart punctured on to the man's nape. The dart had a note attached to it.

Takanori: "A dart? Could this be laced with poison or something? More importantly, there's a note."

We unrolled the little piece of paper, it says the following:

"YOU ARE IN GRAVE DANGER. YOU JUST OPENED THE PANDORA'S BOX."

(Music: Todou Juuku - Initial D 4th Stage Sound Files)

Kevin: "Grave danger? And who's behind this?"

Takanori:
"No idea. But shall we bring this up in the meeting?"

Kevin: "We have to. Any threat must be dealt with."

We returned to the hotel, and when the clock strikes 12, we head down to the rented conference room. Julie has brought in catered food courtesy of the hotel.

But before we can munch on, business is business.

Julie: "Okay, before we can chow down, let me discuss briefly our activities for the next two days. So tomorrow will only be a qualifying event. The day after that is the race proper."

Kiehl: "Not surprising considering that the new management of St. Croix needs time to prepare for the track, and it has three layouts, mind you."

And time to butt in...

Kevin: "Mind if I bring something up? This is a very urgent matter."

I then showed the note to Julie. And then I flashed it to everyone else.

Julie: "So... we're being threatened."

Kevin: "Either that, or I believe someone is looking after us. This could be connected to the shooting incident in Suzuka last week. Both are men in corporate clothing. Even MJ is investigating the matter."

Julie: "You must be overly optimistic if you believe there's a guardian angel, Kevin. We did open the Pandora's Box, the moment we put Alan behind bars. He has told Mila that there's a syndicate. Though what syndicate is it, we don't know."

Kevin: "Whatever the threat is, we should not back down. Let's not give them what they want. Fight until the very end, I say."

Julie: "Hmph! You start to sound more like Takuma now. Do note, maybe lives are going to be involved. Racing should not be spilled with blood, but if we are to get to the bottom of the problem, we gotta do it slowly but surely. I don't want someone dying under my watch. I can't handle nor deliver bad news very well."

Takanori: "She's right, considering of Rob's sudden passing. We have to be careful of what we do."

Julie: "I'll hire a security detail, then. I want everyone to have a peace of mind while racing. I guess I've gotta help Mila's investigation too."

Time: 1 pm, the next day

20190826065324.jpg

It's qualifying day. We have to focus on winning the race tomorrow. Worrying about our safety will just impact our performance. Julie will surely sort that out.

20190826065334.jpg

Oh, it looks like Rosso Pista is here too! It's been a while, Pietro.

Kevin: "Hey, Pietro!"

Pietro: "Oh hey, Kevin!"

Kevin: "So, you're gunning for the overall?"

Pietro: "Nah, just the Group 3 class I'm focusing in for now."

Kevin: "Up for another livestream challenge?"

Pietro: "Well, I'm up for that. But I want a shot of the podium, the central one, that is. Hey, check this out. Ravenwest got another Dream Alliance member - named Andy Midfield."

20190826065340.jpg

Oh, so Andy moved to Ravenwest, huh? Well, better than being jobless. At least he didn't give up.

He looks busy inspecting the Viper GT3. That car is going to be a tough cookie.

The qualifying begins. So far so good, no incidents to report. Hopefully it stays that way.

(Music: Planetary (GO!) - My Chemical Romance)

20190826065350.jpg

20190826065357.jpg

Andy: "I know you're here, Owen. Let's play. I can't pass this up."

20190826065403.jpg

20190826065410.jpg

And then Pietro is on the loose as well. He's gotten a touch more serious.

20190826065416.jpg

20190826065422.jpg

Pietro: "I've gotten much tougher now, Kevin boy. I'm not just doing this for views and subscribers!"

20190826065428.jpg

And of course, Team Storm unleashes their McLaren F1 GTR, which drew eyes.

20190826065434.jpg

20190826065440.jpg

Apparently, according to Takanori-san, that McLaren belonged to Hiroyuki-san, sold to Rob. I guess Owen has a tall order keeping that car running.

20190826065448.jpg

20190826065455.jpg

Blue Streak whipped up the Renault R.S. 01 GT3. It's not a production car, and yet how does it become eligible?

20190826065503.jpg

I'm curious how it stacks up against production-based cars.

20190826065509.jpg

And of course, ME. Of course I'm going to play with my toy. All right, the challenge is the reduced power of the R8 LMS' BoP setting. I used to run this at 545 horsepower, but now it's cut down to 525.

20190826065516.jpg

St. Croix has high speed sections, so it should hamper my lap time. However, the weight is also reduced. So should that make things even?

20190826065522.jpg

Only one way to find out! I'm driving. I'm the one determining my lap time!

20190826065528.jpg

Thankfully, despite our concerns for safety, the qualifying day ended without any incident. And all of us did our very best. Now, let's see who's the fastest.

QUALIFYING FINAL RESULTS (TOP 5)

Rosso Pista 458 GT3 - 2:08.455
Geschwindigkeit R8 LMS - 2:08.688
Ravenwest Viper GT3-R - 2:08.694

Team Storm McLaren F1 GTR - 2:09.674
Blue Streak R.S. 01 GT3 - 2:10.078

Wow, really? Pietro's the fastest?! Well, I guess he really is taking the first place seriously.

***************************************************************************************************************************************

Time: 5 pm

Meanwhile...

...while the circuit is noisy with various race car exhaust sounds, the town nearby is surprisingly quiet.

Russell, in a cafe, has gotten news of the qualifying result as he drinks a specialty coffee of the town. After consuming the contents, he then stands up and leaves.

He walks alongside a street running alongside the river, and then stops as he sees a white Jaguar F-Type R.

20190826164642.jpg

He then looks to his right, and sees the same unknown man who pulled the shot in Suzuka last week. Russell approaches the mysterious figure.

Russell: "I'm here. And isn't it a bit cold outside?"

The two men get in the abandoned building. The mysterious figure then takes hold of the sniper rifle, and then reloads it. After the task, the man would also help himself with coffee.

Russell: "Seriously, you do all of these things with your hood on?"

The man stops briefly, then slowly pulls down the hood.

And the man, as it turns out...

Rob: "Why, I love a good challenge in performing mundane chores."

Russell: "What's your next plan? And Storm is getting weak. What, will it turn to just Team Gust, instead?"

Rob: "They're still doing what I told them to do. Storm's main purpose is merely to rile up every single race team to provide a distraction from what's truly going on, while I'm doing things covertly."

Russell: "And you had to "die"? Oh please..."

Rob: "The more secretive, the better. Even much better is that when Sir Shaw left."

Russell: "You just dispose of Maximilian's men, aren't you? And what does he exactly have to do with Kevin?"

Rob: "Oh, Maximilian Marsh's worst nightmare is Kevin. That's why he had men sent after him. Before they can even lay a finger, they're all good as corpses."

Russell: "This will make Maximilian place the blame on that Kevin guy, don't you think?"

Rob: "Well, that's good. At least more sniper practice for me. I'm getting rusty there."

Russell: "How do you even know where Kevin is, anyway?"

Rob: "I have my eyes on his team. He's none other than...

...Alexei Bourdukovsky. My ever loyal and excellent protege in MI6. I can even appoint him as my successor. He fills me in with what his team is exactly planning. He's also the one who warned the plot to assassinate me."

Russell: "So, that ambush in London was...?"

Rob: "Only a mere act. One worthy of an award, don't you think? Alexei did very well to set it all up."

Rob would then show his cocky smirk and then slurps his coffee.

Rob: "From now on, I'll be out in the open even more. I still need your assistance."

End of Page 6

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

- Well, why would I just kill off my FAVORITE CHARACTER? Of course I won't. :sly:

Page 7 - Partner

The race day begins with overcast skies, which adds worry to all racing teams. And indeed they are right to be worried, as the weather forecast reports of 90% chance of rain.

But sheltered within the confines of the circuit's parking lot is crimson Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren.

20190907174142.jpg

Coming out of the car is a tall, aged man wearing a maroon blazer and pants with brown loafers, along with eyeglasses. His hair short and brown, with receding hairline typical of his age, but his hair gelled back to add to his sophisticated look.

Maximilian's secretary was able to spot the man, and escorts him to the board room overlooking the circuit's main straight. The guest straightens up his blazer before he can shake hands with Maximilian.

Maximilian: "Good afternoon, Maximilian Marsh. I'm happy you made it today."

The man in question is Uwe Gottlieb. He is 58 years old hailing from Germany, and judging by the car he keeps, he's affluent and assumed to run a big business. He is being invited to watch the race and as well as talk some business.

Uwe: "Good afternoon to you too. My name is Uwe Gottlieb. Thank you for the invitation and I was surprised you chose me as one of your partners."

Maximilian: "I'm impressed by your credentials, Mr. Gottlieb."

Uwe: "Oh, please call me Uwe instead."

Maximilian: "Duly noted, Uwe. Anyhow, I have gotten word you recently purchased Atkinson Motor Technology of USA, for 150 million dollars?"

Uwe: "Ah yes you are right. Gottlieb Electronics has added Atkinson Motor Technology under its umbrella, after the arrest of a certain Alan Long."

Maximilian: "If I am right, Gottlieb Electronics is one of the top technology suppliers in Germany. You supply electronic gadgets to car companies in particular."

Uwe: "You are correct. Cars are my passion too. You should see my car at the parking lot later. And I heard you are looking for someone who has expertise in electronics and gadgetry, so I pitched in and gave you a call."

Maximilian: "We'll talk more about that on Tuesday's FIA meeting in Paris. For the meantime..."

The two men are surprised by the sudden downpour of rain.

Maximilian: "Ah... it finally came down."

Uwe: "Rain... a true test of driver skill. Not even the best of traction control systems can save a rear wheel drive car especially when speed is of the essence."

Uwe then raises one eyebrow as he sees Geschwindigkeit's Audi R8 LMS blitzing along the main straight along with the other racers.

Uwe: "Geschwindigkeit..."

Maximilian: "It kinda evokes memories for me."

Uwe: "Is that so?"

Maximilian: "It's a long story, but I don't want you to bore to death when I tell my tale. Perhaps some other time."

Uwe: "Okay then. Let's watch."

I knew it... rain is coming. And come it did. But thankfully we have prepared wet tires for the race since Julie reported the weather forecast last night.

20190907174209.jpg

I'm coming after you Pietro, rain or shine.

(Background Music: Sweet Sixteen Girl - Candy Taylor)

20190907174215.jpg

20190907174221.jpg

There. How sweet of you to wait for me.

And of course, my livestream video challenge...

Kevin: "What is up viewers! I have finally kept up with my dear friend Pietro over there! Hard driving on a few laps finally paid off!"

20190907174227.jpg

Pietro: "Dammit. Kevin's here?! And I hope he doesn't push too much. The road is wet, and I'm sure as hell I'd tread carefully!"

20190907174233.jpg

Time to taunt.

Kevin: "I wonder what's wrong with my best buddy over there? Scared of the rain?!"

I made a clean overtake. Hey Pietro, you've got TCS much like other GT3 car. It ain't going to make you less of a man if you use it! Even though I don't use it... since I rely on my footwork.

20190907174239.jpg

20190907174245.jpg

But his 458 GT3 is no joke. That race car has an impressive resume.

Pietro: "Don't make fun of me, Kevin. I'm racing for real now. I don't compete for mere popularity. I hope you get my message across, by beating you!"

20190907174251.jpg

Oh boy, he's pushing it. I guess you are not fooling around anymore. All right then.

I keep my right foot down planted on the accelerator, not minding the slippery surface on the straight. Race cars of this caliber need not to worry on hydroplaning.

20190907174258.jpg

All right, the 458 went in a bit too fast on the first corner. Time to get back the lead.

20190907174304.jpg

Pietro: "I'm not giving up any quarter, amico mio."

20190907174310.jpg

He's going to attack once more.

I guess for excitement's sake, we've gotta trade places. But I don't want to assume my viewers this is scripted.

20190907174316.jpg

And we've traded positions once more, as the 458 almost lost itself on this gentle corner. Never lift here.

20190907174321.jpg

Pietro: "I took my foot off for a second to shake off the understeer, but... argh! I'm almost shooting off the track!"

On the final corner, I didn't do good, either. The slippery surface pushed the R8 to understeer. I had to play with the accelerator. I'm costing speed here!

20190907174328.jpg

You've stepped up, Pietro, I give you that. But that means I have to do the same!

(Background Music: Breakin' Out - Ace)

20190907174334.jpg

Pietro: "Kevin has increased his pace. You're always crazy as ever, huh?"

20190907174340.jpg

Kevin: "All right viewers, time to turn up the heat! The rain makes a racer truly shine!"

20190907174346.jpg

After traversing the bridge, I tackled this high speed corner with gusto. Come on, R8! Stick on to the pavement!

20190907174406.jpg

Pietro: "What?! Did he just tackle that turn like it was dry?!"

Try pushing yourself to the same pace as mine, Pietro. Our cars behave differently, do take note.

Pietro: "If he can do that, then so am I!"

20190907174417.jpg

But.... the 458 lost control. Did you push it too much on that turn? I think so. Oh well... never expected our bout to be short.

20190907174424.jpg

Pietro: "Dammit! I was this close. The rear wheels spun too much!"

20190907174431.jpg

I guess I won again. Well, on the view counts, that is. The race isn't over yet, and I can't rest easy with all this rain. But I hope Ravenwest isn't too far off behind. I want to race against Andy too. I hope the Viper is running okay.

End of Page 7

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

- Uwe Gottlieb will play a much larger role than you think.

Page 8 - Special Relationship

Kevin wouldn't need to worry about Ravenwest, as Andy isn't too far behind from him.

But of course, the most exciting of battles can also take place in the middle or back of the pack. Outdoing each other picks no particular place nor position.

20190908174132.jpg

Back in the meeting room, Uwe strikes up a conversation as he watches the bout taking place.

Uwe: "According to my sources, Ravenwest has "ditched" you."

Maximilian: "I couldn't have picked a better word for myself. That is right. It happened when Alan got arrested. His arrest caused a huge dent on my plans. And now, this Kevin Kern guy...."

Uwe raises one of his eyebrows.

Uwe: "Do you have some sort of a grudge against him?"

Maximilian: "To be honest, I thought he was merely someone seeking attention. But now he had gotten his justice. We can only hope he is resting easy now that he got his sweet juicy justice. My answer? No."

Uwe: "I'm intrigued. Justice?"

Maximilian: "Alan went too far as to killing Kevin's mother. While she was a potential threat, I didn't specifically ask her to be disposed."

Uwe tightens his grip on the armrest. But he then crosses his legs to change his seating position as the conversation drags on.

Uwe: "Mistakes do happen. What could be worse?"

Maximilian: "I don't want red on my ledger. But I'm afraid it has been stained more than once. And I desperately try to wipe it out."

Uwe: "Bloodstains can be removed easily. You have the power to do that."

Maximilian: "You may say that, but it's easier said than done. I want change, but not like this, if I am to be asked."

Uwe smiles and rests his chin on his hand.

Uwe: "How intriguing."

Maximilian: "It will take more than just cleaning if I have to remove those stains."

Back in the action, Owen actually focuses on catching Geschwindigkeit's R8, but he realizes that he too has a battle to face.

(Background Music: Elements of Trance - Midnight Club 2 OST)

20190908174142.jpg

Owen: "It's been a while, Andy. Never thought we'd be trifling each other again."

20190908174149.jpg

Andy: "I won against you last time, am I right? I'm making this two-to-zero."

20190908174155.jpg

Andy buries on the throttle, not minding the slippery tarmac with the ever increasing amount of rainfall.

20190908174201.jpg

Andy takes the inside after the slipstream at the main straight, and the two racers duke it out on the braking.

20190908174207.jpg

20190908174214.jpg

But it seems that the McLaren and its naturally-aspirated V12 has the speed advantage despite the heavy Balance of Performance restriction set on it.

20190908174221.jpg

Andy once again gives it a shot on overtaking on the next turn at the bridge's end.

However, as if having a special sense, Owen takes advantage of his lane and veers left to block Andy's passing attempt.

20190908174227.jpg

Andy: "Dirty! Ha! But I don't care."

Andy successfully regains control of the Viper, and is more determined than ever. Not even rain would stop his conquest. He now has a new lease in life in Ravenwest, his racing spirit now reinvigorated after the fallout of Dream Alliance.

20190908174233.jpg

Andy: "Don't think I became sloppy after Dream Alliance crumbled. To be honest, what happened was stupid. Both sides were."

20190908174239.jpg

20190908174246.jpg

Owen: "He's back in an instant!"

Andy grabs the inside as they approach the sharp left hand corner.

20190908174252.jpg

Andy: "GOTCHA!"

20190908174329.jpg

Andy: "I don't care how elaborate Team Storm's scheme is. Dad filled me in. No one's stopping me. Not even the FIA..."

20190908174339.jpg

Suddenly, the McLaren is limping behind. Despite its legendary credentials, one cannot deny the age gap between the two race cars. Owen has no choice but to concede and enter the pits to get to the root of the problem.

20190908174345.jpg

Andy: "Match point for me. Two-to-zero. Next up is that German cosplayer."

The Viper then sets its sights on the R8. Kevin better be ready on this one...

End of Page 8

Page 9 - V10 Concerto

It's the final three laps. I actually had to pit in due to the R8 needing to be topped on fuel. Argh...

And as I head out of the pit lane, Ravenwest's Viper is hot on my tail.

20190915172231.jpg

Thankfully the rain had finally ceased pouring. But three laps ain't enough to dry up this road!.

(Soundtrack: Race Driver Grid OST - Track 8)

Andy: "Finally caught you, cosplayer. Never thought you'd be playing around on race tracks too."

20190915172237.jpg

I then feel the a sudden jolt. Did he just rear end me?!

Andy: "Come on. You caused a stir in the Dream Alliance. I'm not going easy on you."

20190915172244.jpg

Andy: "Plus, Dad also filled me in about you. You've got such a troubled past. I wonder why Dad told me you're the "key" to saving the racing world."

20190915172249.jpg

Gotta keep focused, Kevin. Andy used to be one of Dream Alliance's top drivers. Ravenwest could definitely use his talents.

20190915172255.jpg

(Soundtrack: Race Driver GRID OST - Track 11)

20190915172301.jpg

That Viper has some serious pulling power despite the BoP.

And an equally serious driver to back it up.

20190915172307.jpg

Naturally I should have the advantage thanks to the placement of the engine. But the Viper's weight distribution helps stick the car on the wet, somehow...

20190915172314.jpg

Andy: "Even back home, Euro-elitism is mainstream in car meets. I'm starting to get sick of it."

20190915172319.jpg

He's breathing down my neck. Two laps left. The pressure is unreal. He should be struggling to keep the car in check too!

20190915172325.jpg

Andy: "Time to step it up. I can no longer be under the slump, more so when Dream Alliance fell out! I gotta show it to them, that..."

20190915172331.jpg

Andy: "...THEY LOST A POTENTIAL ASSET!"

(Soundtrack: Race Driver GRID OST - Track 13)

He's pushing it! Doesn't he even know the road is still wet?!

20190915172337.jpg

We're about to reach the last leg. None of us will give our quarter.

20190915172343.jpg

The final lap. I'm sweating here. We've got to capture the gold on this category too!

20190915172350.jpg

Andy: "I'm gonna nail on this one. Sorry, you're not the only winner on this game."

20190915172356.jpg

My foot is buried on the throttle, and definitely so does he. But the next corner makes or breaks the victor!

20190915172402.jpg

Agh! He just charged in on the inside! Good thing I swerved for a bit.

20190915172408.jpg

You're not the only one who can do that, you know? I'm charging in as well!

20190915172414.jpg

I'm trying to make a pass on the next corner, but...

...argh! Oversteer! The R8 is losing control! Dammit... it had to happen on the last minute.

20190915172420.jpg

Kevin: "Ach du Scheiße!!!"

Oh crap... I bet all of my 8 million followers heard me say that on this livestream.

20190915172426.jpg

Andy: "Gotta give it to you, Kevin. Hiroyuki-san wasn't wrong about putting you in the team back then. A shame that you left in an instant, out of your mission."

20190915172432.jpg

Andy: "But I have to keep my pride. I can't just bow down to every skilled racer I meet. And now that the racing world is about to be in turmoil..."

20190915172438.jpg

Andy: "I have to show to everyone that I yield to no one and nothing, not even those who were my former colleagues."

End of Page 9

Page 10 - The Council

Tuesday has arrived, and while it had been an ordinary weekend that passed by for some, the racing world was taken by surprise as Ravenwest managed to snag a victory in the first round of the Group 3 category racing, showing to everyone that they are back in business and has risen from the ashes thanks to Andy's efforts.

Will they be able to get another one in the Hypercar class? Only time will tell.

For now, it's a typical busy day for many. And in a luxury hotel nestled in the heart of Paris, resides Uwe Gottlieb, who is currently in the hotel gym.

He may be 58 years old, but his physique betrays that number. He is tall, bulky and well-toned. His biceps bulge as it flexes during curl-ups. Uwe makes it a point to never skip working out even if he's faced with countless commitments as the owner of one of the largest tech companies in Germany.

Uwe then stops to take a short break, finishing the rest of the whey protein he drinks in his tumbler. As scheduled, he is to meet up with Maximilian Marsh in the FIA, to present a certain gadget to a panel.

Next, he then reaches for this phone, covered underneath his lime-colored towel. He then contacts a certain person...

Uwe: "Oh hello? Are you busy? Okay, good. Listen, now's the time to do that job. Take that car and have it sent over to HQ. It's in a barn I told you about. Extract it discreetly and make sure don't leave any trace. The keys to the barn are with you already.

All right. Call me when something is up. Bye."

After the call, he resumes his work out, heading to the dumbbells area.

An hour later, he returns to his hotel room, and goes to the shower. After that, he wraps his lower body part with a towel and then proceeds to the mirror. He flexes his arms, and notices another growth in his biceps and triceps.

Now being satisfied, he then proceeds to dress up. After putting on the underwear and undershirt, his phone rings. It's Maximilian on the other line. He picks it up nonchalantly.

Uwe: "Hello?"

Maximilian: "Good morning, Mr. Gottlieb. I take it that you are ready for the presentation?"

Uwe: "Ah yes. More than ready."

Maximilian: "The panel is expecting you. Do not disappoint."

Uwe shows an impish smile. A sign that he has an experience facing the crowd thanks to his work.

Uwe: "I hope you do not show any hints of doubt. Facing a panel of people has always been a routine in my work. You should very well know... how my input will make or break the FIA."

Maximilian: "I like that confidence you're showing. All right, make sure you keep it until the meeting."

Uwe: "All right. I must get myself dressed. Bye."

**********************************************************************************************************************************************************

At 1 in the afternoon, Uwe sets off to the meeting.

20190916194446.jpg

His maroon suit and slacks match the car's exterior paint. Its loud exhaust drone attracted the attention of bystanders. The SLR's engine may have been modified, only Uwe knows.

20190916194456.jpg

He has made it to the Place de la Concorde, the location of the FIA's headquarters.

Uwe is then escorted by Maximilian's secretary to the meeting room. Upon entering, he is greeted by the sight of the panel, consisting of Giorgio Guidicelli, Nobuhiko Hiramoto, and some of the long time FIA executives. Uwe straightens his necktie, as he sees Maximilian entering the boardroom.

Uwe then briefly stares at Nobuhiko, but then quickly turns away as he prepares his presentation.

Maximilian: "Ah, I see that everyone is here. Gentlemen, I present to you, Mr. Uwe Gottlieb, the owner of one of the largest tech companies in Germany - named Gottlieb Electronics. He has decided to offer aid to us as he presents the one tiny gadget that shall change the face of racing."

The panel then applauds as Uwe takes the front and center, and begins the presentation as he presses the remote that prompts the application to start.

On the screen is an enlarged photo of a chip, similar in size as a car's ECU.

Uwe: "Good afternoon, gentlemen. I thank you for giving me the opportunity to present my latest creation. As you see, I have decided to lend my support, after the mess that Alan Long left behind. I will do everything in my power to clean it up, and this is one of my ways.

If the fuel mapping device was the start, then this little chip is a step further. This chip will change everything, as I've mentioned. The car's power will automatically be adjusted at the press of a button, and only the people in this panel shall decide which cars get the most power, and the one with the least.

The change will then be informed to the respective teams. However, as per Maximilian's request, this will be the only information that will be made known to them. The real excitement comes when the power changes during the race. Flailing cars will be granted boost, while the leading cars will be weakened to even the field, and that is something the drivers will never be aware of. But this is done for entertainment's sake, as envisioned by your president."

Uwe then shows the next slides, further explaining his invention to the panel for minutes. Questions were raised, but Uwe answers them with not a single flaw found. Maximilian is awestruck with his partner's expertise in mechanics, something that he admits being not knowledgeable of.

Uwe: "And of course, lastly, this particular gadget shall be mandatory among all the racing teams. This shall be under the guise of the FIA's Support Program in which it diagnoses any car's problems and if any problem shall occur during the race, the marshals will be immediately alerted and provide utmost emergency aid. Plus, the diagnostics will also help us determine the car's BoP setting that we can send to the teams."

Maximilian: "If a team decides to cooperate with this panel... then they'll reap further benefits. Am I right, Mr. Hiramoto?"

Nobuhiko could only nod. He had joined the council after seeking help to Sir Shaw after the Dream Alliance disbanded, but he is redirected to the new president and has been provided support ever since.

Uwe: "However, we don't want to appear to coerce everyone, to avoid suspicion. The chip is installed as mandated, but... I believe Mr. Marsh here is an expert in the art of persuasion."

Maximilian: "Leave that to me, Mr. Gottlieb. I am very pleased with your presentation. You've proven yourself to us. The change shall be applied in the first round of the Hypercar class. Release a bulletin, and make sure all racing teams must be sent with this chip to comply."

Uwe once again shows a grin on his face....

Maximilian: "Now, let us move on to the next subject."

Time: 3 pm

In the peaceful town of Le Mans...

20190916194504.jpg

...Louis Montagny tests his new steed on the Mulsanne Straight. Even though it's an open public road, his foot is flat on the accelerator.

The speed rockets past 350 km/h, and reaches 370 km/h at the blink of an eye.

20190916194509.jpg

The active rear wing puts its large flap all the way down for the least amount of drag possible - the main task of the Drag Reduction System commonly found in Formula 1 and even made its way on to hypercars such as this heavily modified Bugatti Chiron.

Louis takes a brief reading on the speedometer. The Chiron's speed is measured at 450 kilometres per hour.

20190916194515.jpg

Louis tightens his grip on the steering wheel. He cannot afford to play games with Team Storm anymore, despite him having took part in funding the team.

20190916194521.jpg

Louis: "Even I have to get out of Team Storm's charade. I've got pride to uphold. Sorry Rob, I have to quit playing your game. And... isn't it time to get out and drive? Rise up from the dead, if I were you."

End of Page 10

Page 11 - The Investor

The next day, Louis hones his driving skills in Dragon Trail Gardens circuit in Croatia.

20190922173659.jpg

The technical circuit shall prove to be a challenge for hypercars boasting earth-shattering figures.

But the Chiron's 1,600 horsepower allows it to zoom past the short back straight at 300 km/h before braking hard.

20190922173709.jpg

Louis: "I can't use all 1,600 horsepower here. Whoever picked this course must be a madman.

20190922173716.jpg

He then feels excessive feedback from the steering wheel, the wheel vibrating in a more vigorous manner. The tires have taken a lot of stress, prompting Louis to pit in once more.

20190922173722.jpg

Louis: "Time for another tire change. But I could also use a break."

20190922173731.jpg

Louis then asks a bottle of cold water from one of his crew. Upon receiving it, he then hears a loud revving engine noise at the other pit garage.

With curiosity immediately entered his mind, he then goes to the pit garage right next to his. He is then greeted by the sight of the Ravenwest's SRT Tomahawk.

20190922173738.jpg

Andy is seen donning the race suit, as part of his preparation. The Ravenwest crew scramble themselves as they begin on working on the car's initial setup.

Louis: "Andy may have come out of nowhere after Dream Alliance fell out, but his win in the previous race is something I must not ignore. What is this man feeling right now? Will he too, be a force to be reckoned with?"

After pondering, he then sees Andy getting in the car. The hypercar then inches away from the pit garage. The testing begins.

20190922173747.jpg

The Tomahawk demonstrates a pace equal to the Bugatti's. While it may be lower on horsepower, it more than makes up for its weight and downforce.

20190922173753.jpg

20190922173759.jpg

Louis: "It will be truly interesting how Andy will soldier on with his new journey. Has he truly put Dream Alliance behind him?"

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************

Time: 10 am

Welp... better make Wednesday worthwhile. Julie called us for an important announcement. Including the Formula division.

I'm not used to seeing the boardroom completely filled. For the first time, I finally encountered Alexei Bourdukovsky. He seems like a quiet guy, rarely speaking much and cooperative - a far cry from what Benjamin described of him.

She enters the room, with glee. Huh? Is there something to celebrate about?

Julie: "Quite a wacky Wednesday indeed. First of all, let me congratulate the Formula team for their victory in their maiden race."

Wow... And to think that team just started to assemble. We all applauded, and they truly deserve it. I haven't kept tabs on Isaiah, though. I hope he's much better now.

Abel: "It's all thanks to these three. They may be neophytes, but they have demonstrated performance equal to the pros."

Isaiah: "Uh.... I'm not sure if I deserve all the credit. I didn't do much. I drove like, casually...."

Julie: "Stop putting yourself down, Isaiah. Your contribution is what brought your team to victory. Consider that as an achievement too."

Benjamin: "She's right, you know? It doesn't matter if you're the one taking the checkered flag. The fact that your efforts led us there, deserves much praise."

Julie: "Second good news - I had finalized the purchase of Dream Alliance's HQ. We need to move to a bigger site considering our scope has gotten larger. We will be moving our things and equipment there slowly and maybe next month we can finally settle in there. And there's also quarters for drivers, which are comparable to that of a five-star hotel."

I missed going there. Especially when Takuma-san used to encourage me, and of course... my brief moments with the late Hiroyuki Hiramoto. But hey, we could use a bigger place for our team to operate.

Julie: "And finally, we have a new investor. He recently partnered with the FIA, but he's also interested in our potential. We must not disappoint him."

Abel: "Who could that be?"

Julie: "I'm surprised you don't know, he's part of your circle of engineers or something. He's Uwe Gottlieb, the man behind Gottlieb Electronics - one of the biggest tech companies in Deutschland. Oh finally, I got to pronounce "Deutschland" perfectly! Ha!"

Uwe Gottlieb? Wait a second.... my professor! Yeah! He used to be one of my instructors in my mechanical engineering major in Stuttgart University. He's kind of strict, but an effective and understanding teacher.

Kevin: "He used to be one of my profs in the university. He used to... scold me. Hehe."

Julie: "He invited us over to dinner tonight, as a matter of fact. He lives in a mansion in Stuttgart."

Oh shoot... I have a cosplay event to attend to. But that will be brief.

Kevin: "Ummmm... I have a cosplay event to attend to, but I can keep up and join you guys tonight."

Julie: "So it's settled, then? Kevin, make sure you come. He specifically wants to meet you."

He wants to see me again, huh? We were not that close, but sure, I won't pass up.

Time: 7 pm

Whew, finally made it. My fans were keeping me from leaving from the convention earlier.

I brought along my "project" car. Remember the black RS Hybrid? Well.. it's repainted, obviously. I just want to impress Mr. Gottlieb with what I've learned.

As I head out of the car, I see Mr. Gottlieb approaching me. He looks imposing, considering his age. Apparently because, he has a buff physique. Seniors being ripped is a trend nowadays. Gotta stay healthy! Hehe!

We then shake hands. But suddenly, he gives me a hug. Does he miss me so much? He even used to scold me back then.

20190922181800.jpg

Kevin: "Good evening sir! It's been quite a while since we last met."

Uwe: "Indeed. And what a car you own! A 911 RS Hybrid?"

Kevin: "You're right, sir. Basically my little project, could have been my weapon if I pursue a doctorate degree."

Uwe: "It is an interesting thesis if you're going to pursue it."

Kevin: "I basically studied the 919 Hybrid's electrical system and then based it from there. The car's exhaust gases gets converted into thermal energy to charge the batteries via a tiny turbine electric generator in the exhaust system. And of course a motor generator replaces the luggage compartment at the front. In short, this has the miniaturized version the 919's energy system. Porsche built the 991 chassis with the intention of making a hybrid model, as a matter of fact. Probably the 992 will receive such treatment, considering that it's a heavily revised version of the 991."

Oh boy... Here goes my geek side showing up once again. I promised myself NEVER to overload people with information, regardless of their status.

Uwe: "Fascinating technology. You intrigue me once again. I remember those days when I used to reprimand you in class, but now, look at you..."

Kevin: "Ahahaha... ummmm... sorry if I sound too geeky. Shall we go inside? I apologize for being late, sir."

He then pats his hand on my shoulder and merely smiles.

Uwe: "That's all right. People like us have endless commitments. We can't just turn our back, can we? Let's go inside."

The rest are in the dining area, but Mr. Gottlieb decided that he must give me a little tour before we eat. Man... when will MJ and I live in a mansion like this?

As we walk around, I see a silhouette of a futuristic looking car.

20190922173810.jpg

Billionaires like him can afford such cars. I wonder if I'll get to drive that.

His mansion is laden with a modern theme, a stark contrast of the classical exterior.

He also shows off his daily driver - an SLR McLaren. A badass car for the equally badass old man.

20190922173817.jpg

Uwe: "It's got 800 horsepower."

Kevin: "Impressive. Actually, the SLR McLaren is one of the cars I dreamed of driving one day."

Uwe: "I can lend this to you if you want. Hehe."

Someday, sir. Someday. Oof... my stomach is churning. I want to eat.

Kevin: "Ummmm... sir, I'm kind of hungry. Can we join the others?"

Uwe: "Ah sure! No problem! Let's go to the dining area. Sorry for keeping you."

The two of us head over to the large dining room, where Julie, my father, Kiehl, Janine, and the three racers from the Formula division are waiting. Meals are being served the moment I sit down.

I cleared my throat, but strangely I do not feel any sort of tension at all. Mr. Gottlieb seems welcoming.

Uwe: "Now that we are all here, I must express my gratitude for your arrival. I do wish we have more moments like this."

Julie: "It truly is a pleasure to meet you, Mr. Gottlieb. But, can we go first to business before we chow down?"

Uwe: "Of course we must, Ms. Meade. I have the intention of investing to your team. Not just that, but also sponsoring it. The more I see your team's potential, the more I think this is a worthy cause. Plus, I have connections with the FIA as well, so that I can inform you what to do next."

Julie: "We definitely appreciate your offer. But mind if I ask you? Why choose us? Surely there's teams who deserve more of your assistance."

Uwe: "That's because I see this team as a trailblazer in the racing world. To think it picks up what Dream Alliance has left off. That takes a lot of dedication. And Mr. Kevin Kern here has the potential to be the greatest racer of all time. I invest to those who I believe will shine in all their brightest."

Julie: "Well said, Mr. Gottlieb. Thank you for choosing us."

To be the greatest? I still have a long way to go. I'm not yet there with the likes of Takuma-san. His decision did encourage me to be better, though.

Uwe: "Plus, Maximilian Marsh expects a lot from you. You better impress him if I were you. In fact, he was pleased with your performance in your race in St. Croix lately. The Hypercar race is coming up soon, and have you gotten wind of the latest bulletin?"

Julie: "FIA will send us a special ECU that will monitor the car's telemetry and base the BoP according to how it performs, am I right? And how sweet of them to provide emergency assistance if engine troubles are to come."

Uwe: "You are correct, Ms. Meade. Truly a fascinating development. After all, drivers deserve a little bit of relaxing in the midst of a tension in a race event. That's what FIA is trying to accomplish. They want it to be as enjoyable as it possibly can."

My father suddenly raises a different opinion.

Abel: "But our entry isn't as modern as the others. Maybe that ECU will not be compatible."

He's right. The Porsche 962 nowadays could be considered a relic among the cutting edge, swoopy racing cars.

Uwe: "Don't you worry, I will talk to the FIA and I'm pretty sure they will come up with a compromise. But technicalities aside, I firmly believe that it's the user who brings out the most out of every tool, not the tools themselves."

That's a strong statement, coming from a man who makes gadgets for a living. Considering the cars he owns and his connections with the FIA, he could also be a man with a passion for racing. I'm legit curious if he's a genius behind the wheel, combining his technological prowess with his driving skills.

Uwe: "Well then, shall we eat? The food will get cold."

Ah yes, finally! I'M STARVING TO DEATH!

Time: 1 am

After a hearty dinner and finally sealing the deal between Uwe Gottlieb and the entire Geschwindigkeit team, Abel heads to his home in Cologne.

He seems satisfied how the deal turned out, but he has reservations.

Abel: "Mr. Gottlieb is a powerful man. I'm grateful he decided to sponsor us, but...

...knowing he's partnered with Maximilian Marsh, I fear that he could turn on us. Not surprisingly, Alexei shares the same concern, but it's still between the two of us.

I can't let Julie nor Kevin know of my doubts for now. I'll step in if things go awry.

After putting his coat on the hanger, he then goes to his garage to place the keys of his car on the wall nearby the tools.

He then feels a slight gust of wind. After a brief silence, he heads over to the secret room, as he felt that the wind came from there.

He pushes a wall that actually is a door that leads to that secretive location. Upon switching on the lights, however...

20190922173824.jpg

...he gasps at the absence of the wrecked red Porsche 930.

Abel: "Gott in himmel! The 930 is gone! I'm the only one who has the access here! The other is my brother! And he's dead! Who could have taken it?!

But I cannot tell what happened, either... Damn! What shall I do?!"

End of Page 11

Kevin: "Ummmm... I have a cosplay event to attend to, but I can keep up and join you guys tonight."

Priorities :lol:

Youtuber/Influencer problems.

He has to keep his 10 million followers happy with his plethora of cosplay stints as Spider-Man or any other superhero/anime character he can impersonate. :lol:

Page 12 - Peaky Porker

We secured another sponsor - Uwe Gottlieb. How kind of him to provide funding for us. Although my father had initial reservations, he eventually agreed thanks to Julie's advice.

To be honest, even with Julie's vast wealth, we do need another big sponsor because she admitted herself that she cannot handle all the expenses. Mr. Gottlieb happily obliged. I think all is well.

Perhaps we can undertake more projects, just as long as we spend wisely.

And now, time for practice. We're here on the track, and it's technical. It's situated within the Dragon Trail complex. This property is HUGE. To think two circuits were made out of it.

20190928171957.jpg

Considering that this car is from the tail end of the 1980s, I expect it to be too peaky for this track.

20190928172003.jpg

On the back straight, it reached 300 km/h before I hit the brakes. Is this track ideal for mega power cars like this?

And then I have to nurse the throttle to make sure that turbo lag won't get in the way.

20190928172009.jpg

Exiting the final corner... woah woah woah woah! This is the problem of turbochargers in the 1980s. They're like an on-off switch.

20190928172015.jpg

20190928172023.jpg

Argh! I've got to wrestle all 940 peaky horsepower!

20190928172030.jpg

Maybe the track was selected for a purpose. It could be to challenge the capabilities of Hypercars. Oh, speaking of which...

...Mr. Gottlieb delivered a news earlier that while we are allowed to join the race, but because of the fact that the FIA's ECU won't be compatible, we will not be allowed to qualify. So in short, we're starting from the far back... against more modern machinery. It's a good compromise, but still.

On to another topic, my dad is showing signs of doubt on the FIA lately. Like, he would have a dissenting opinion on FIA-related topics. I wonder what's wrong? Did he have a beef with the organization or something? I might ask him that one day. He's all busy at the moment, managing the Formula division and I don't want to ruin their win streak.

Meanwhile, in a restaurant nestled within the capital...

Andy and Russell arrive and secure a private room with a table at the second floor. They will have a late lunch with someone... or maybe more.

They then hear a loud, grumbling noise from the outside which immediately attracts the attention. Andy peeks out, and sees a red Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 1LE parking right in front.

20190928172041.jpg

Stepping out of the car, is a man wearing a black trenchcoat with short wavy hair. Removing his sunglasses, his face clearly shows non-Caucasian features.

In fact, he's a Filipino, a Filipino of Canadian citizenship named Martin Geronimo. He is also a neophyte of Ravenwest Racing, albeit months earlier than Andy. He and his 800-horsepower Camaro travel around the world to sample out racing circuits.

He checks his smartphone upon getting in the restaurant, and without any word he goes straight up to the private room to join his teammates.

Martin: "Thank god I found this place. I like driving around Europe, but man... can't you pick an easier-to-find location?"

Russell: "Because we are to meet someone who wants to go under the radar, and he's coming shortly."

Martin: "What is this? Are we doing something shady again?"

Andy finishes stirring the coffee and places the teaspoon back on the small plate.

Andy: "Calm down. We're not doing anything illegal."

Then they hear footsteps from the staircase, and they see Owen and Rob still concealed in a hoodie. Rob lowers down the hood and takes off his sunglasses as the two sit down.

Rob: "Sorry, we're late."

Andy: "Rob Hatch... how is it being dead?"

Rob: "It's fun being invisible, while finding out something rotten is going on with the FIA."

Andy: "And when are you going to play this charade? Huh? Like, seriously, I left Dream Alliance because they're nothing but talk. I mean no disrespect, but ever since Hiroyuki-san passed on, it's as if their future plans turned into dust. Takuma and Nobuhiko are spineless. And you? You left them in the worst possible time.

I hate it when people play around on stuff that need to be taken seriously."

Rob: "So you're the straightforward guy. Typical. You don't get me. This is me, being serious with my job."

Andy: "Whatever. I'm going to beat you like a Cherokee drum. That includes your half brother. But I'm willing to hear you out. Why are we meeting you?"

Russell: "Because, like Rob said, something rotten is going on within the FIA. Now, we are basically continuing what Dream Alliance started. Rob also planted a mole within Geschwindigkeit's ranks. We got Ravenwest out of corruption, and it's now our responsibility to flush out the dirt from the FIA. Andy, we have to tolerate what Storm is doing, for now."

Andy: "I want no part in your childish little scheme, Rob. If you do want to get in action, then get out there. Plus, aren't you disappointing your late brother with what you're doing?"

Rob could only clench his fists.

Andy: "I'd better see you in the hypercar race. Or rather... we'd better see you."

Russell: "That's enough, Andy. Rob, have you gotten any latest intel?"

Rob: "Someone is providing me information about what FIA is doing next. That ECU thing is the start. But I have doubts. Who is doing it? And it all seems too convenient."

Russell: "If you think you're falling into a trap, then I suggest you lay low on that, and do actual racing. No one will suspect a thing. Andy's right, get out there and drive. Show the world that you are a racer, and not some agent nosing around."

Rob: "That's easier said than done. My superior asked me play dead."

Russell: "But may I ask? Any guesses as to who is this anonymous sender? Did he give any codename?"

Rob: "Oh yes, he did. He goes under the initials of G.K."

Russell: "G...K? Tell you what, let me do your job for now so that you can take the heat off your shoulders. Prep your race suit and helmet and drive like you used to. Remember, I was a military man, and I have good friends working from either CIA or MI6."

While Rob takes his turn in replying, Russell actually sinks deep into his thoughts.

Russell: "Little do they realize that someone out there is plotting a huge revenge plot. He is pulling the strings as we speak. His motivation is as powerful as his looks.

If we keep this up, then it will actually benefit him. I'm interested as to what unfolds next for the racing world."

Russell then shows a slight smile as Rob discusses his next move.

End of Page 12

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

- What is Russell implying at the end? And who is G.K.? It has something to do with the past, and the next story arc will show you.

- We are nearing the end of this story arc. The ending will drop a bombshell.

Page 13 - Shadows of Our Past

Time: 10 am, one week later

It's another important race day. The last of the first batch of races before a break. The car's prepped and loaded. Although do keep in mind that we're not allowed to do the qualifying mainly due to the incompatibility of the special ECU, but it's all thanks to Mr. Gottlieb's negotiations that we are still in the grid.

While we are "helplessly" watching the others setting blistering lap times, Mr. Gottlieb approaches me, then pats his hand on my shoulder once more.

Uwe: "Well, we have to oblige. This is the best I can do for now. I don't want to see someone deserving, to fail."

Kevin: "Thanks, sir. You've been helping us out a lot. We owe you. I'll find a way to pay you back."

Uwe: "There's only one... Just win. That is all."

Kevin: "Are you sure, sir? Just one?"

Uwe: "For me, that is already a return of investment."

Kevin: "If you say so, sir."

Wow, though that isn't asking much, winning the race can be a tall order.

Uwe: "Oh, I also sponsored you for a gym membership in Qizilbach Fitness in Stuttgart. Let's work out together."

Oh, you're just going to show off your guns. Haha! But my body could use a little buff up. I have to keep in shape too, not just in dancing and gymnastics for my cosplay stints, but also in racing.

Kevin: "All right, sir. Thank you."

Uwe: "Good luck."

He then pats my shoulder twice, then leaves as he joins Mr. Marsh to a room probably somewhere. Well, I've got a job to do.

The race starts an hour later, with Geschwindigkeit starting at the back of the grid. Immediately, audiences are treated with the sight of the duel between the SRT Tomahawk and the modified Chiron.

(Background Music: Shadows of Our Past - Daiki Kaisho)

20190929180436.jpg

20190929180446.jpg

Meanwhile, Maximilian and Uwe are in a room and watching the race in a huge flat screen television. Behind them are the technicians responsible for adjusting the cars' horsepower on the fly, demonstrating Uwe Gottlieb's technology for the first time.

20190929180452.jpg

Maximilian: "Wow, everything works out well for the ECUs."

Uwe: "Hmph. It took me a year of testing before I can call it viable. Of course me and my team have to iron out the kinks."

To further demonstrate, while Louis' Chiron blasts off the final corner with all 1600 horsepower...

20190929180458.jpg

...the technicians reduce it in order for the Tomahawk to keep up, with the SRT benefiting from the power increase while resetting it back to normal as it hit the corners.

20190929180504.jpg

20190929180511.jpg

Louis immediately notices the difference of power.

Louis: "The car didn't run like this in the practice. Something's not right. Could it be the turbochargers? Cooling? I look at the gauges and the figures are normal."

20190929180517.jpg

Next, Andy feels the fluctuation of power as well even though he managed to take the lead.

20190929180523.jpg

20190929180529.jpg

Andy: "This is weird, the power acts like an on-off switch. Something is amiss."

20190929180535.jpg

Andy: "I managed to keep up with Louis, but strangely he's already hot on my tail despite my car's better cornering potential."

20190929180541.jpg

Another lap passed, and Andy still couldn't put his finger on what's going on behind the scenes.

20190929180548.jpg

Back inside the room, Maximilian muses over the Ravenwest's performance.

Maximilian: "I say, Ravenwest wins the day. That's decided, despite them cutting off ties with me. Then I'll make them pay the price soon..."

Uwe: "Picking a winner could be very easy these days. Maybe we should draw lots next time."

Maximilian: "People only care for entertainment when sports is concerned, and nothing else. Money is what drives athletes nowadays. Having only one person dominating the field is... boring. Even if you are the greatest, audiences hate dominance."

Uwe: "Is that so?"

Uwe slightly clenches his fist on the armrest, but breathes deeply.

But the pair then sees the bright red Porsche 962C climbing its way up the ranks, intriguing the audience.

20190929180555.jpg

Maximilian: "That red Porsche..."

Uwe sees a sudden shift on Maximilian's mood. Could have been nostalgia, perhaps?

20190929180601.jpg

Maximilian: "And that retro-styled Geschwindigkeit logo..."

Uwe: "Why? Does that car stir nostalgia?"

Maximilian: "Yes... it reminded me of something from decades ago."

20190929180610.jpg

20190929180616.jpg

Maximilian: "By the way, haven't you keeping tabs of Geschwindigkeit lately?"

20190929180624.jpg

Uwe merely smiles.

Uwe: "Why yes. Isn't that what you wanted? They are a "thorn" in your plans, am I right?"

Maximilian: "I can fully trust you on spilling me whatever beans they have."

Uwe giggles slightly at Maximilian's confidence.

Uwe: "So, are they the most entertaining team of them all?"

Maximilian: "That's for people to decide. But as for Kevin...."

Uwe: "What about Kevin?"

20190929180630.jpg

Maximilian: "The more I look at him, the more he reminds me of the past that keeps catching up. It's as if, he's a shadow of my past."

Uwe: "What are you proposing, then? Get rid of him?"

Maximilian: "My heart say so, but my mind clearly says otherwise. Alas, I do not wish for more blood. I've done enough, in regards to his mother."

Uwe: "Fascinating."

End of Page 13

Last edited:
Page 14 - G.K.

The race soldiers on, and so do we. However, I'm still pretty much behind the stalwarts, and I need a break.

Takanori-san will drive the 962. I need a drink.

As I pit in, I am seeing Team Storm's McLaren about to finish changing tires, and it turns out
it has a motorcycle riding position. The driver leans down, huh? I am seeing a unique driver change there. As Owen gets in, a very familiar face greets our sight, and it literally dropped my jaw.

It's Rob Hatch! HE'S ALIVE?!

And look at that face illuminated by the sun. Not a single scratch. The way he puts his racing gloves is nonchalant. What is going on?! I even saw that news footage showing his corpse being blurred out.

Takanori: "What in blue blazes?! He's... alive!"

Rob would merely wink at us before he could put his helmet on, and finally gets in the car. The McLaren then rockets away.

Takanori: "We definitely deserve an explanation. Well, gotta go! See ya!"

Takanori-san hops in the Porsche. The tires are ready, it's just the fuel that takes a little bit of our time.

Everyone is truly in for a shock, one of Europe's fastest drivers is back from the... dead, I guess?

With Rob back in action, it's time for Team Storm to truly flex its muscles.

20191005172422.jpg

Rob: "Don't they dare think that just because I was out in the limelight doesn't mean I don't know a thing or two about this car. I have built this car alongside the wonderful people of McLaren in Woking. It took me months to work with them. Owen needs more experience, hence I send him out more often acting as my eyes and ears on the track. And he didn't disappoint despite his losses."

20191005172428.jpg

Rob: "And as for Louis, you can end our charade. Just make sure you still keep your mouth shut for the time being."

As if on cue, the Bugatti blasts away at the back straight, a pleasure for Rob since it is now a challenge.

20191005172435.jpg

Meanwhile, back in the VIP room, both Uwe and Maximilian are surprised to see Rob Hatch's sudden return, as they saw the footage of him getting in the car earlier.

But the new FIA president quickly returns to his composure.

Maximilian: "Seems like things may not turn out as I planned. I guess I have to take a look again at my strategy."

Uwe: "How surprising. We all saw his corpse in the news back then. Is he a... "thorn" on your side?"

Maximilian: "A giant thorn, that is. He's been responsible for toppling some of my major operations. You'd better watch your back too; he may come after you."

Uwe could only giggle at Maximilian's remark.

Uwe: "I'm touched by your concern, Maximilian. But don't you worry, I can handle myself just fine. My company is 100% legitimate, so there's nothing dirty he can find. You've got other things to worry about."

Just as Maximilian is about to respond, one of the ECU's technicians come forward.

Technician: "Sir, pardon me to disturb you, but we've ran into a glitch."

Maximilian: "What is it?"

Technician: "The McLaren's ECU seems to be defective. We cannot adjust its power levels. We've done everything."

Maximilian: "Care to explain, Uwe? This is your work."

Uwe would first lift a finger and tap it strongly on to the armrest. Then he lifts his left leg and lays it on his right thigh.

Uwe: "As with everything, nothing goes perfect for the first time. It will be my responsibility to iron out the kinks, then. Well, the only solution for now, is to give full power to that Bugatti. That will make things fair."

(Background Music: Noisia - Stigma)

20191005172441.jpg

Back in the race, Louis immediately feels the sudden surge of power.

Louis: "That surge of power again. Yes... this is the car's true power! But really... why was it fluctuating?"

20191005172447.jpg

That question would be answered sometime later, as he has to defend his position from Rob, while struggling to catch up the leading car, the SRT Tomahawk.

On the final corner, the McLaren's cornering manages to overtake the Bugatti...

20191005172453.jpg

...but not for long, as the Chiron has full access to its power as ordered by Uwe.

20191005172459.jpg

However, a thought suddenly springs in to Rob's mind, seeing his opponent's sudden burst of speed.

Rob: "Two days before this race, a mysterious package arrived in our garage. It was another ECU. We all thought we already got the mandated FIA ECU. But this package is not to dismiss, either.

As I opened the package, it also came with a flash drive and a letter that stated:

"PUT THIS IN YOUR CAR. YOU'LL THANK ME LATER."

- G.K.

As usual, it was the anonymous sender again. I then accessed the contents of the flash drive. It contains scores of documents as usual, but I didn't have much time to read them all.

But one document was significant and had to be read. It was the ECU. Apparently, it was meant to adjust the power levels on the fly by select technicians, as a means of putting the competition as tight as they can. It was innovated by one Uwe Gottlieb, and now that name is added to my persons of interest. What's more, before the race the panel decides which team wins, and if a team has close ties with the FIA, they would have "more" chances of winning. Basically, you can't dream of being the fastest. THEY decide your future. Motorsport is now merely a form of entertainment.

And that ECU that arrived? It's meant to override the remote function. Meaning that they cannot control it."

20191005172505.jpg

Rob: "I find that unacceptable. No one must decide your future. It's your own. If you are driven only by money, then I'm sorry you are nothing more but a mere lapdog."

20191005172511.jpg

Rob: "With Takuma basically being an idiot by giving up and dissolving the Dream Alliance, thanks to Nobuhiko's blame game, I am now in charge of taking care of this huge bloody mess. As if I'm superhuman enough to take it on. I'm glad that Ravenwest cooperates with me currently, but it's obvious that isn't enough.

Plus, why am I supposed to babysit that weirdo German influencer? Can't he take care of himself? Is he THAT important for him to be protected? Why is Maximilian "scared" of him?"

20191005172517.jpg

Rob: "I am seriously hoping that Hiroyuki-san is haunting those two Japanese idiots."

20191005172523.jpg

Rob: "I've got to win this race today. Yet my mind is being boggled by question after question."

The Bugatti overshoots in the final corner, giving a huge opening for Rob to overtake. The British racer takes it with gusto.

20191005172529.jpg

Rob: "And for the million dollar question...

"...who are you, G.K.? And should I trust you?"

End of Page 14

Last edited:
Page 15 - Turbo Power

It's sunset, and thankfully the old Porsche withstood the rigorous run for hours, considering that it's 30 years old.

Not just that, we managed to climb up to the upper echelons.

It's my turn to run the final leg. I've got Team Storm and Ravenwest to beat. I will get 'em both. The sun will set seeing me taking the checkered flag!

20191006174826.jpg

Gotta say, Rob's skills are sharp as ever, despite playing "dead". But really, what's going on? What made him do that?

20191006174837.jpg

Rob: "That German weirdo has finally kept up. It's an old Porker, for goodness sake."

I may have better cornering speed, but the turbo lag holds me back. Well, the 1980s was a power-crazed era according to middle-aged petrolheads. Cars have a no compromise approach on power, and they don't care if these cars will become peaky.

20191006174843.jpg

Nowadays, efficiency is on top priority. Turbo lag is a thing of the past. The responsiveness of turbocharged cars are one tiny iota away from the naturally-aspirated engine. You need to be a turbo genius to determine the difference nowadays.

20191006174849.jpg

Rob: "Never again will I be besmirched by a Porsche. Never again."

20191006174855.jpg

However, the way the turbos were set up in the 962 allowed me to keep up with the McLaren on the straight.

And I made a pass.

20191006174901.jpg

Rob: "Let's see. I hope you're more than just a pretty face on the internet with millions of followers."

(Soundtrack: When The Sun Goes Down - Ken Blast)

Meanwhile, in the VIP Room, Maximilian is awestruck by the Porsche's performance. Never he had thought that a 30-year old race car converted to road specification would still be able to run competitively alongside much more modern machinery.

20191006174907.jpg

Maximilian: "I didn't expect this at all. The Porsche outlasted many, considering its age."

Uwe: "You cannot deny German engineering."

20191006174913.jpg

Maximilian: "And shouldn't that car be bogging down on low-speed turns? The turbos set up for high power have copious amounts of lag. That's the 1980s racing for ya."

Uwe: "I see. Well, I must assume that Kevin Kern must have impressive skill backed up by an equally impressive knowledge, no?"

20191006174919.jpg

Maximilian: "All the more reason why I must be more wary of him."

Uwe: "Haven't I told you that I will take care of him? He will not even be able to lay a finger on you, I assure of that."

20191006174924.jpg

Maximilian: "Pardon if I sound too desperate, but can I trust you on watching over him? Of course I will still do my part, on the "dirty" work."

Uwe: "For you, my friend... anything. I already have plans laid out for him, making sure that he won't be a "thorn" on your side. Remember, I already gained his trust."

Uwe shows a reassuring smile, in a bid to relieve the tension.

Back in the race, Kevin and Rob trade blows and places. It was a treat for the audiences, who yearn for more entertainment in the confines of the racing circuit.

I'm getting him again. I'm not done yet!

20191006174930.jpg

There! An opening!

20191006174938.jpg

Come on, twin turbos. Cooperate with me, will you? I know you're old and peaky, but...

20191006174944.jpg

There... I'm fighting it!

20191006174950.jpg

Rob: "Impressive moves. But I still can't find any justification as to why Maximilian is wary of you."

20191006174956.jpg

20191006175002.jpg

Rob: "Created a dent on his plans by putting Alan behind bars? Sure thing. But that won't be enough. I think Maximilian has an entirely different reason to be wary of you. And that's based on the information "G.K." has leaked to me. Is Kevin playing a big role? His name is even mentioned in the files. I haven't checked on everything yet, but now he's a person of interest too."

All right, that's it. I think it's time to settle this. You really are one of Dream Alliance's fastest! Even Takuma-san would think twice of battling you.

20191006175008.jpg

The McLaren went off course!

20191006175014.jpg

All right, time to move in!

Rob: "Bloody Nora... I'm letting my investigation get in the way!"

20191006175020.jpg

On the next corner, the McLaren gives up. Maybe it needs a tire change?

Rob: "So much for my comeback, huh? Humiliated again by a Porsche..."

20191006175026.jpg

20191006175032.jpg

You're next, Ravenwest. That SRT would soon be in my sights. The race is nearing its end. But before the sun sets, I must have my payback.

End of Page 15

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

Fun Fact: Rob, in his 675LT, has encountered a mundane Porsche Boxster on a B-road. And the supercar from Woking spun out in a corner. Also, his first encounter with Kiehl was also met with humiliation when he was outran by the German racer's 991.2 Turbo S in Silverstone, of all places.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Page 16 - One-To-One

Four laps left. The Ravenwest SRT Tomahawk is finally within my reach. We've been working all day to catch that elusive hypercar, in a 30-year old "dinosaur".

20191008210419.jpg

I will make sure all our efforts pay off! The team is counting on me. We've got to snag a win on the last race of the first leg of the entire championship!

20191008210426.jpg

Better enjoy the lead while it lasts, Ravenwest...

20191008210432.jpg

...because I'm going to be right on your tail in a blink of an eye!

(Background Music: Race Driver: GRID OST - Track 13)

20191008210438.jpg

Andy: "Unbelievable. That Porsche is finally caught up, considering that it had to start at the very bottom of the grid. What do I expect? That's Kevin Kern."

20191008210444.jpg

Andy: "Considering that he's tech-savvy, he knows how to pilot old school. That's more respect points from me."

20191008210450.jpg

The last hairpin, also the trickiest one for this 962. Good throttle control, Kevin! I can't even speak on the livestream right now.

20191008210457.jpg

Three laps left. I will make this an even. Of course I haven't forgotten our bout in St. Croix.

20191008210503.jpg

Andy: "I'm running at full power now. Maybe those FIA peeps can't stand seeing an old Porsche win. Thanks guys, even though what you're doing is rotten to the core."

20191008210509.jpg

I'm closing in. Gotta say though, that Tomahawk is pleasing to the eye.

20191008210515.jpg

Back at the main straight, the SRT shows off its brute force once more.

20191008210520.jpg

Andy: "You leave me no choice but to activate the DRS."

Two laps to go. I've got to make a move here. Not all last-minute victories work! Miracles usually stay on the dramas!

20191008210527.jpg

But I can keep up with him on the turns, it's just that I have to fight the turbo lag on the exit.

20191008210533.jpg

And here it goes again, blasting off at full speed.

Andy: "That straight felt nothing but a moment. I have no breathing room on this track. The extra speed from the DRS stings me on braking and turning too."

20191008210539.jpg

Too bad though, this course is an entire stumbling block for all of the cars we drive. Had it been Le Mans, I would have been overwhelmed.

20191008210545.jpg

Gotta turn the tables now! The more power you have, the more you waste it on this type of course!

20191008210551.jpg

Success!

20191008210557.jpg

I've got one last lap to prove myself. And better not show yourself off, Kevin. Now's not the time for showmanship.

20191008210603.jpg

Takanori: "Kevin, this is the last lap! Show to everyone what a legendary Group C car can do!"

Aye aye! Just what I need, a little bit of extra push from Takanori-san!

20191008210609.jpg

Andy: "Tch! I'm understeering, then oversteering. Looks like the tables have turned."

20191008210615.jpg

Andy: "Ah screw this! You got yourself a win, Kevin. Besides, you are actually doing us a favor."

What's wrong? Did he spin out at the final bend? Oh well... I guess I got my payback after all.

20191008210621.jpg

Another win for the Geschwindigkeit! Whew... time to think of another bigger league: Super GT. Because of that, my schedule is filled to the brim.

In the VIP room, Uwe stands up, having seen the victor crossing the line.

Maximilian: "So, I guess your tech still needs work."

Uwe: "Of course. Like I said, nothing goes perfectly when it's done for the first time. Improvements are on the way."

Maximilian: "Are you disappointed?"

Uwe: "Not at all. You did put up a good show for everyone. Though of course, the winner isn't what you wanted. I must go now, as I have to keep my appearances."

While looking downtrodden as he leaves the room, Uwe then shows a brief, impish smile as he closes the door. He now heads back to Geschwindigkeit's pit garage, to congratulate the team on their victory.

End of Page 16

Page 17 - The Forgotten...

Whew... we have done the first batch of the FIA races this season. There will be a break, so this somehow gives us a breathing room for Super GT races. We've got it all sorted it out.

As I stand up and walk around the HQ, I spot a familiar car.

20191009193113.jpg

911 RSR? Oh, it sports a new front bumper too. Who could have...?

Oh... it's Kiehl. He pats on my shoulder on cue.

Kiehl: "Wondering why it's here? Simple, really."

Oh boy, here's Kiehl again with his nonchalant badass replies.

Kiehl: "I can't stand by being left behind by you. You joined Super GT, am I right? Thus, I'll be there too. I signed up in the GT300 class, and thanks to additional support from Mr. Gottlieb, I can catch up with you. Geschwindigkeit can do more projects in the future."

Being left behind, huh? Oh...! Of course, he'll never forget our rivalry. Hehehehehe.

Well then, don't disappoint me. I'm ready for another bout. Just tell me.

Rivalries like these are healthy. There is enough pressure on both sides just to make sure we're all moving forward. A nemesis is important every now and then. Someone has to push you too.

Julie comes up as well, about to deliver news as usual.

Julie: "Oh, sorry about that, Kevin. I should have told you that Kiehl is in the Super GT too, along with Janine. Those two lovebirds are in dire need of catching up."

Lovebirds? Ha! I knew it! The way Kiehl looks at her? I've been noticing that ever since the two came in! Oh... look who's blushing now!

Kiehl: "Do you seriously have to break that bit?"

Kevin: "No use denying it!"

Julie: "Next up, we're starting to move our equipment one by one to our new HQ. At least we're making Hiroyuki-san happy by keeping the place shiny as ever. He doesn't want anything gathering dust, as far as I can remember."

Kevin: "Great! I think we'd better help on moving, then. We could use a bigger space, to be honest. Plus, it's nearer to the Nurburgring than this one is."

**********************************************************************************************************************************

Time: 4 pm

In the midst of the everyday chaos in the city of London, Rob is in a cafe, with a laptop in front of him plugged on to a socket. He doesn't mind the noise of the coffee shop, while still wearing sunglasses. He is well aware of the surprise that people around him felt when they found out his death was a ruse.

Then he sees a maroon McLaren 650S parking behind his P1. Coming out of the car is Owen.

20191009193123.jpg

As the waitress serves Rob's coffee, Owen enters and joins his half-brother on the table, sitting across him.

Owen: "Sorry I had to pass by a store. Maria asked to buy something."

Rob: "Oh, how is she?"

Owen: "She's fine. She says hi, by the way. And she actually laughed at your charade."

Rob: "Hmph. Typical of her. Anyhow, I called you just to share another juicy leak from G.K."

Owen: "I think that G.K. guy has a crush on you. Better reciprocate that."

Rob: "Come over here."

Owen goes around the table and sits beside Rob to look at the contents of the files.

Rob: "Kevin does play a crucial role to our plans. But it's still best he never knows."

Owen: "So he's really involved in this whirlwind of chaos after all, huh? Poor guy."

Rob: "Plus, Geschwindigkeit has a new backer too, Uwe Gottlieb."

Rob pulls up a photo of Uwe Gottlieb speaking to Maximilian Marsh.

Owen: "That's Maximilian, am I right? Are those two...?"

Rob: "I can't say if Kevin is trusting the wrong person or not. But I do have a gut feeling that this Gottlieb chap is also caught up. I asked Alexei to dig up more dirt on him.

And time to drop another bombshell."

Rob shows another piece of information in the document, which only prompts Owen to widen his eyes in surprise.

Owen: "What the...?"

Rob: "But, that's all there is to it for now. I spent hours reading them all. FIA is a mess, a corrupted mess even. Our dear colleague Nobuhiko has now gotten himself involved too, in the wrong side of all places.

I wonder how his father is reacting from up there."

Owen: "And yet we still don't know who G.K. is. Even as an agent, are you sure he's trustworthy? He's giving these incriminating pieces of information all too easily."

Rob: "The storm's arrival is inevitable. We'll be on a rougher ride than ever before."

********************************************************************************************************************************

Time: 11 am, the next day

Two men are seen traversing through the graves of the deceased. The silence was eerie, despite the noon time and a few birds were seen chirping.

It's Abel and Alexei after all. But what are the two men doing in such a depressing location?

Then they stop in front of a tombstone with cracks on it.

Abel: "I had to bring you here, sorry. But it's now time I answer your queries. We've been too busy lately in the Formula season."

Alexei: "You still haven't told anybody, I presume?"

Abel: "Don't worry, you have my word. Though Rob Hatch's faked death was a bit too much, wasn't it?"

Alexei: "He had to do it in order to make his investigation easier."

Then they return their attention to the tombstone which states:

"GERHARD KERN

Der Rote Strahl

in Europa unvergessen und uneinholbar"

(GERHARD KERN

The Red Stream

Fastest in Europe. He will never be forgotten.)

Alexei: "Gerhard Kern. He has been mentioned in the files leaked lately. I want to know more about him. I wish this could finally establish the connection to what's going on in the FIA today."

Abel: "Then today is your lucky day. Allow me to tell a tale. The tale of Gerhard Kern, my beloved older brother, and..."

Abel would then shed a single tear from his eye, as he prepares to tell a seemingly tragic tale.

20191009193132.jpg

"...KEVIN'S BIOLOGICAL FATHER."

THE END

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

- What a bombshell. The next story arc will explain pretty much the origins as to how this "storm" was created by the FIA, especially by Maximilan Marsh.

- The next story arc will start by either next week or the week after next. Expect another bombshell at the end of that story arc. :sly:

Back