RCKakashi14's GT Sport Fanfiction - ON HOLD

Page 3 - Two Birds, One Stone

The race begins at 3 pm, and despite the penalty served, Kevin isn't all too far off from his two rivals. And as usual, Kevin once again set his livestream cockpit view for his fans.

20190419153720.jpg

Kevin: "Being slower for half a second may set you far back. But I love a good challenge."

20190419153730.jpg

The R8's naturally-aspirated high revving V10 pleases the ears of both spectators and racers alike.

20190419153737.jpg

Kevin: "Better run away as fast and far as you can. You have yet to see my true colors, Janine."

Kevin doesn't forget that he too has to win Kiehl over, though he hasn't opened up about luring over to his side yet. A show of skill will be convincing enough.

20190419153743.jpg

Kiehl: "You started a team out for unknown reasons. But I don't care. I don't even get why are you racing in the first place. But you've beaten me, time and time again."

20190419153749.jpg

Kiehl: "However, I'm seeing a more serious side of you. What's your agenda now? Aren't you a cosplayer? Why can't you stick to one place at a time?"

20190419153755.jpg

Kiehl: "You still are a peculiar person, Kevin Kern. I can't discern you at all."

Meanwhile, Janine muses over. After all, she did provoke Kevin to take up the challenge.

20190419153801.jpg

Janine: "Considering Kevin's lap time, I must have underestimated him. I'd better be careful on challenging people next time."

20190419153808.jpg

Janine: "But he has lots of claims regarding my father's murder. Do I really owe him that much? Plus, he opened up old wounds."

20190419153814.jpg

Janine: "I must HATE him. I have to. But strangely, I'm feeling something is missing. While I'm happy that the murderer got into jail, there is this feeling of "incompleteness". I've been feeling it at times. Maybe Kevin can fill that hole?"

************************************************************************************************************************************************************

While the race is going on, Hiroyuki is in his bedroom, watching the race. He knows very well what Kevin is up to lately...

Hiroyuki: "I hope Kevin is not misguided with his plans. To be honest, what he is about to do is simply reckless."

Nigel and Takuma enter the room.

Takuma: "Please excuse us."

Hiroyuki: "Kanonji, what brings you here?"

Hiroyuki turns off the television and turns around his chair to face the two.

Takuma: "We're here to check on you. Lately you've been taking longer naps than the usual. Even mechanics had to wait until evening for your approval."

Hiroyuki: "Is that so? Pardon me. But I do deserve to rest. And you don't even have to wake me up. I can still do it on my own."

Nigel: "Uhh... by the way, I came here to inform you that your lawyer from Japan has arrived. Shall I prepare the board room?"

Hiroyuki: "Ah yes. Please do."

Takuma: "Lawyer? And all the way from Japan? Are we in legal troubles now?"

Hiroyuki: "I'm sorry, Kanonji. But this does not concern you nor the team in general. It's a personal matter. Please leave us alone on that meeting, okay? Same goes to you, Nigel."

Takuma: "Oh... okay."

The two would then bow simultaneously and leave Hiroyuki be. The team chief would then stand up and fix his garments as he is preparing himself for the meeting.

************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Several laps passed, and it's as if fate decided to make the three German racing superstars duke it out until the finish.

20190419153819.jpg

The yellow 911 would then overtake the R8 in a swift manner.

Kevin: "As expected from Porsche. No matter how much BoP you throw at them, they will ALWAYS get back up and win."

20190419153825.jpg

Kevin: "Go ahead. Entertain me. This battlefield is just for the three of us now!"

20190419153831.jpg

The M6 would be seen sliding at the hairpin. While it is seen as an entertainment stunt for the audience, for Janine it means the pressure is building up on her.

20190419153838.jpg

Janine: "The two are right behind me. The pressure is sinking in."

Kiehl seems to have concern to the female racer.

20190419153844.jpg

Kiehl: "Janine, Kevin may be childish on the outside, but he is a monster on the inside! Don't play with him if I were you."

The R8 catches up. Seeing the three close to each other adds more excitement for the audience, knowing full well of their reputations.

20190419153850.jpg

20190419153856.jpg

Kevin: "This fight won't go down without a struggle, obviously. But one thing is for sure, I will win you over... BOTH OF YOU!"

20190419153901.jpg

End of Page 3

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

- Hiroyuki starting to get ominous there, huh?

- I'll be putting this story on a hiatus from April 23 to May 11 as I will be on a trip to Europe. Though there will be a one-on-one battle to be done before I leave. Let's see if we can sort it out.

Page 4 - Luftkampf

20190420074354.jpg

The battle has escalated into a three-way dogfight. With only a few laps left, Kevin is slowly running out of options.

(Background Music: Stop Your Self Control - Marko Polo)

But not all of the setbacks are on Kevin's. Janine's M6 is also struggling. The FR layout is not ideal for tire wear situations unlike in an MR.

20190420074404.jpg

Janine: "The M6's large body is detrimental for the tires. My mid-engined rivals are taking this easy!"

The understeer sent her back, but not far away from the other two either.

20190420074410.jpg

Kevin is also feeling the significant decrease of tire grip. But he couldn't afford to pit in on other hand.

Kevin: "The steering is jagged. This means the tires are on their way out. Pitting in is definitely out of the question!"

20190420074416.jpg

The three cars' struggles would make it an even more exciting sight for the spectators.

20190420074422.jpg

Kiehl once again recovers the lead position, though how long would he hold on to it?

20190420074428.jpg

Second to the last lap... Julie radios in.

Julie: "It's second to the last lap, Kevin! Don't forget why you took her challenge!"

20190420074434.jpg

Kevin: "I KNOW! And I will walk away as the victor!"

20190420074440.jpg

Kevin can only rely on the fact that the R8 LMS is a mid-engined car, in which the tire degradation is not as severe compared to a traditional front-engined GT car.

Kevin: "The R8 is mid-engined. That's the only solace I have! But so does the 911 RSR. I expect Kiehl to think the same."

20190420074446.jpg

20190420074452.jpg

And the mid-engined car's quirks are starting to manifest. Even the pressure would start to dawn on Kevin, as he made a mistake on accelerating out of the last bend.

20190420074458.jpg

Kevin: "Not now! We've got one last lap! Come on, R8!"

20190420074504.jpg

This provided a golden opportunity for the RSR to make a quick overtake.

20190420074510.jpg

Kiehl: "I truly commend you, Kevin. But this battle is mine. We're all struggling, in fact."

But a lot can change even if there's a last few moments until the end...

20190420074516.jpg

20190420074522.jpg

Kiehl: "I can no longer tolerate the RSR's understeer. I gotta...!"

His lead was once again short-lived. The three will now have to throw everything at their disposal.

20190420074528.jpg

Janine sees an opening to the understeering R8.

20190420074534.jpg

Janine: "Looks like I'll be the winner here. But hey, you are a worthy adversary."

Approaching the final section of the course, Kevin now muses on whether to concede or not.

20190420074540.jpg

Kevin: "Will I settle for second?! The last hairpin will provide the answer!!!"

End of Page 4

Page 5 - Deutsches Geschwindigkeit Trio

The race is just moments away from the conclusion. Kevin can only hope for a miracle. The dogfight took a toll on each one of them, but clearly odds weren't in favor for him.

20190421171000.jpg

Janine: "I'm taking this race. But don't be mistaken, you are commendable."

Kevin: "I guess I'll have to settle for a podium finish, then. Perhaps I'll work on my PR to win her over."

However, it is clear on who Lady Luck favors this time. On the last corner, the M6's tires had given up.

(Background Music - Initial D 5th Stage Sound Files: Battle I)

20190421171010.jpg

Janine: "Nein! Why does it have to be at the final moment?!"

And because of the unexpected twist, Kiehl does his best to avoid a crash, spinning out in panic.

Kiehl: "I have to avoid getting hit! Argh!"

20190421171016.jpg

Seeing this as a miracle, Kevin buries the throttle upon entering the final turn, then applying the opposite lock.

Kevin: "That was unexpected! Strike while the iron is hot! LET'S GO!"

20190421171022.jpg

His final act clearly wowed the audience and as well as his livestream viewers.

20190421171027.jpg

His tires are completely shot. But it didn't matter now that Kevin took the victory. And as usual, he leaves a parting message to his livestream viewers.

Kevin: "Thanks for watching! And please do not forget to subscribe! Cheers!"

The three German racers stand on the podium, with Kevin standing on the middle, while Janine finished 2nd and Kiehl taking the 3rd spot.

The race bolstered on to the history books as one of the most exciting battles on the circuit. For some fans, they think destiny brought the three together.

Time: 1 pm, one week later

The warehouse has now been converted into Geschwindigkeit's base of operations. Julie has poured in some money to refurbish and even make use of the available space left. It will take some time to finish, but the main warehouse is clearly usable.

Two figures are seen entering, none other than Janine Altenbach and Kiehl Muller, apparently being summoned by Kevin.

Janine: "Geschwindigkeit? Huh... how original."

Kiehl: "It's better to name it "Gesundheit" instead. Look at how Kevin got lucky on that race.

Janine giggles in response. But the light humor was cut short upon seeing the three cars.

20190421171036.jpg

Kiehl: "I presume we're running with these."

Janine: "But of course we have yet to agree on joining him, am I right?"

Kiehl: "And I'm legitimately curious as to why he knows us. He wouldn't just call us for fun."

The pair's conversation was then interrupted by Julie. Kiehl is surprised seeing the woman he once loathed.

Julie: "Oh, so you're here."

Kiehl: "You?!"

Julie: "Don't be so alarmed, Mr. Muller. What's past is past. And besides, we share a common goal. Follow me."

Julie leads the guests to the meeting room. It's now air-conditioned and it's been surrounded by huge glass panes. Kevin is seen sitting by the long table, along with his father.

Julie: "Your guests are here, Kevin. Now we can begin."

All of them settle to their respective seats after a brief exchange of greets and handshakes.

Kevin would then stand up, ready to deliver his piece.

Kevin: "Janine Altenbach, and Kiehl Muller. Thank you for coming over. Maybe you two are wondering why I've chosen you out of all people. Listen, I, too lost a very special someone from the Vision Gran Turismo Project. The three of us are the children left seeking for answers. Good news is, we're getting close to achieving our goal. All I need is the help of you two."

Kiehl: "But my father died of a heart attack. He wasn't... murdered. I'm even wondering why his name came up in that vgtmurder Instagram page. I actually do want to bring that up."

Kevin: "Well, I've checked records and security footage provided by the German police. Did your father truly die of a heart attack? Clearly not."

Julie plays the security footage on the large television screen. It shows Kiehl's father frozen in his tracks on a bridge because of the heart attack, and the perpetrator chasing him used the opportunity to push him off down the great height down below.

The video prompts Kiehl to clench his fist and shed a tear. Janine would then look over in concern and hands over a piece of wet wipes.

Julie: "Your father is about to meet me on that fateful night. But clearly Alan Long is bent on silencing him."

Kevin: "Now, don't think I'm merely using you two as tools to get my revenge. I don't work like that. I've truly taken on the path of racing. After getting this justice we deserve, I can focus on it. I did not take on this path as a farce. It's legit. However, you are free to go back to your teams if you wish. I've prepared on that scenario too.

Muller, I know you too are a fan of Dream Alliance, am I right?"

Kiehl sniffles and has composed himself.

Kiehl: "Yes."

Kevin: "You should know, that I'm finishing the battle they have once started. They have completely gotten soft. They've been battling the Vision Gran Turismo Project for more than a year. My respect will always be high, but I'm disappointed that they have seemingly forgotten what they're fighting for. I shifted the blame on Kazunori, until I realize who's the real enemy. Kazunori Yamauchi is working hard to clean his project's name. We have to help him out the best we can. I am for progress, because that is inevitable and necessary for everyone to move forward. But what I do not approve, is when lives have to be sacrificed for it.

Alan Long can buy us off if we don't act. Our dreams don't have a price. Don't make him put one."

With renewed vigor, Kiehl stands up. And so does Janine. The two would approach Kevin, and reach out their hands on him.

Kiehl: "I'm joining. I'm with you in your road to justice. I now have a new motivation to fight."

Janine: "Me too. Let's do this together. Let there be peace in our minds. I want a brighter future."

The three would then shake hands, smiling at each other. Julie and Abel are also looking at the trio happily. Geschwindigkeit is now at full swing.

Time: 10 am, the next day

Hiroyuki has just finished his breakfast and has taken a shower. Nigel has then prepared the meeting room. Apparently, he is to meet up with Rob Hatch.

Hiroyuki: "Thank you. You can now leave me be and do your chores. I'll wait for Rob."

A few minutes later, Rob enters the meeting room. The two exchange greetings and then sit down.

Rob: "Hiroyuki-san. How are you?"

Hiroyuki: "Carefree as usual. How about you?"

Rob: "Heh. Nervous. I... want to announce something, but you will be the only one knowing it first."

Hiroyuki: "Go ahead."

Rob: "Hiroyuki-san, you may be wondering why I've been out and about lately. To tell you the truth, I've formed... a racing team."

Hiroyuki: "Racing team? What's the name?"

Rob: "Team... STORM."

Hiroyuki's eyes widened in surprise. He had been wondering who has been smashing lap records across racing circuits in Europe. The cat is now out of the bag.

Rob: "That's right. I've been the one responsible for smashing lap times. I don't mean to undermine this team's efforts, but I don't want to forget the vision Dennis and I once shared. Team Storm was originally penned by Dennis as we were gathering funds back then. But of course his death put that into halt. However, I have to honor his wish. I love him so much, and I regretted not telling him that, not even in death."

Hiroyuki: "I completely understand. I don't want to restrain everyone from fulfilling their dreams either. I want to apologize for not being around more often lately."

Hiroyuki breathes out a deep sigh, and he's very much prepared to deliver his grim fate.

Hiroyuki: "Rob, you're the only one in the team who will know this. Since you're leaving, anyway, I ought to let you know something important."

Rob: "What is it?"

Hiroyuki: "I'm at death's door. Any moment from now, I can go. I've prepared everything."

Hearing the grim news puts Rob into shock.

Rob: "What?!"

Hiroyuki: "My 4th stage of prostate cancer has gotten in its worst. Funny that I'm not yet lying on the bed like a vegetable. I'm fighting as much as I can to make sure this team can run after my departure."

Rob would then wipe his face as tears start to gush down.

Hiroyuki: "Like what I said, I am not restraining everyone from fulfilling their own dreams, including yours. Good luck on the next stage of your journey. I'll be watching over... with Dennis."

Rob prompts to stand up, still in tears and proceeds to hug Hiroyuki.

Rob: "Thank you... for everything. Thank you... Thank you!"

Rob would still continue on crying as he tightly hugs Hiroyuki.

End of Page 5

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

- I was once again in tears as I was writing that last bit. Even someone like Rob would cry. After all, he will forever owe Hiroyuki his achievements in racing. Though Team Storm has another reason in its formation. You'll find out Soon™.

- With the next update being live in the afternoon before I leave for Europe in the evening, this could mean a slight change in the plot. #Porsche962

- And don't worry, not all page names in this arc will be titled in German.

And now, for another duel volunteer request:

What will you be driving:

8071089357638893608_23.jpg

Setup can be seen here:

focusrallysetup1.jpg

focusrallysetup2.jpg

Livery is shared, but only set to Friends only as usual.

I'm available until Tuesday afternoon for this. Hopefully we could do this at 6 am (GMT+8) tomorrow.

Seems like that the duel will be pushed back to May 12 or 13. I will be heading to Europe starting tomorrow.

(Tomorrow evening, though. I can still enjoy the update for a few hours, thankfully. :lol: )

I’ll be putting this one on hiatus. Have a nice day!

Page 6 - Repecharge

Time: 10 pm

Kevin decided to spend the night in the HQ as he has an important task tomorrow morning. Inside the room he's settling in, there's a gaming rig, with a steering wheel bought at an exorbitant price along with an equally expensive racing seat.

He boots up the Playstation 4 console, and inserts the Gran Turismo Sport disc. As the game is loading up and showing the opening clip, he is putting on his racing gloves for preparation, as sweaty palms can hinder one's grip.

He isn't in a mood for live stream, however. Just one game before he can doze off.

Next, he opens up a lobby room with certain settings in place. It's an N500 BoP Fixed Setup room, one lap at the Nurburgring Nordschleife. He enters the track with a Porsche 911 GT3 RS (991), and merely waits for another player to show up.

After a few moments of what could it seem boredom, a player finally enters. It has a username of IG_Geronimo hailing from Hong Kong. The greeting is in English, however, with a message of:

"I'm a Filipino. Looking forward to race!"

Kevin: "Filipino, huh? Then why a Hong Kong flag? Strange..."

Kevin doesn't mind the peculiarity. Rather, he waits for his challenger to enter the track. His opponent then brings out a Porsche 911 GT3 (997).

Kevin: "Yeah... 911s are so meta in the classes they compete in. Bring it on, then."

However, IG_Geronimo does not budge away from the pit lane, prompting Kevin to type in the chatbox.

German_Weeb: "Aren't you going to practice?"

To which the other player responds:

IG_Geronimo: "Let's play. I'm going to sleep."

Kevin: "Huh? Isn't the Philippine time ahead of here? Should it be morning over there? Whatever. Let's start."

Kevin starts the race. A rolling start is in order, with Kevin's GT3 RS taking the pole position.

The race finally begins, and the 997.2 clearly hangs behind the 991's tail, despite the age gap between the two cars. The pressure is on to Kevin.

Upon reaching the Aremberg hairpin upon braking from the high speed, the 991 shoots off with understeer, making way for the 997 to overtake.

Kevin: "Make sure that lasts long!"

Kevin is now on the pressuring side. However, the 997 in front shows no signs of instability, displaying constant racing lines. Clearly, the Filipino player has a hefty experience at the track.

The 991's attempts of overtaking the 997 are getting futile thanks to the narrow width of the track. When the two cars traverse through the Karussell hairpin, however...

...Kevin's desire to win costs him the entire race, as the 991 spins out at the banking.

Kevin: "Ach du lieber! But hey... he's good."

Having conceded, Kevin just cruises around until the finish. It's an easy victory for the Filipino player.

Kevin opens up the chatbox to congratulate his opponent.

German_Weeb: "Nice one. You're good."

Then the other responds:

IG_Geronimo: "You're not bad either."

Kevin's curiosity springs up:

German_Weeb: "You said you're going to sleep. What time is it there?"

The Filipino player answers with an interesting response:

IG_Geronimo: "I'm in Germany at the moment. I was discovered by Kazunori-san. I am to meet a racing team the day after tomorrow."

Kevin: "He's in Germany too, huh? And brought by Kazunori-san? What's going on?"

German_Weeb: "Well, I hope you enjoy your stay here in Germany. Good night!"

IG_ Geronimo: "Good night! See ya!"

IG_Geronimo then exits the room, and so does Kevin. He would then lean on the racing seat and breathes out a sigh.

Kevin: "Good thing I didn't stream this. But there are a lot of interesting people out there. Well, gotta shut off for now. I'm TOTALLY sleepy."

Time: 8 am, the next day

Kiehl and Janine arrive to meet up with Julie. An important matter is to be discussed. But clearly Kevin is not present.

Kiehl: "Where's Kevin?"

Julie: "He's at the Nurburgring as we speak. He left at the crack of dawn along with the crew."

20190525210439.jpg

Janine: "What are we here for?"

Julie: "Kevin already knows this, so it's a must I pass this on to you as well. You see, that Audi Quattro rally car isn't here for show. I signed this team up for the upcoming Repecharge round."

20190525210427.jpg

Kiehl: "Of course it wouldn't. But what is a Repecharge? First time I've heard of it."

Julie: "This is a new style of racing introduced by the FIA. It's an option among participating teams. It's a no holds-barred rallying race in which the top three will be spared from the elimination in the first round of the WEC series REGARDLESS on what position they finish. However, finish below the podium and see yourself kissing goodbye for the entire season. It's a gamble, basically."

20190525210449.jpg

Julie: "And speaking of gamble, I don't think Kevin can manage under 6 minutes with an Le Mans Prototype considering how tight the Nurburgring is."

Kiehl: "Well... that's a good reason why FIA WEC does not host races at the Norschleife."

Janine: "Where will this Repecharge race take place?"

Julie: "Fisherman's Ranch in the U.S. of A. It will take place two weeks from now, so we'd better head there for preparations next week."

20190525210505.jpg

Julie: "Oh! I almost forgot. Janine will be driving on that race. Kevin is impressed with your skills."

20190525210517.jpg

Janine: "I'll do my best then... but I still need coaching on this."

Julie: "Never worry. We've got a day for practice."

Julie's phone then rings to notify an SMS message sent by Kevin. She opens it and it contains a simple message:

"5 minutes and 41.8 seconds. Give me 50 Euros."

Julie merely giggles as a reaction.

Julie: "Seems like I lost the bet."

End of Page 6

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

- I did another run with the R18 using the same setting (Gr.1 BoP; RS tyres) and managed to do 5 minutes and 38 seconds. :sly:

- And this serves as a good intro for the Filipino racer. You'll definitely see more of him as the story progresses. Next page will be his debut.

Page 7 - Group B

Kevin, and Abel are waiting in the meeting room. They are expecting a guest for today; and Julie is fetching the said person.

Abel is looking at his son, who is just playing around with the glass coaster.

Abel: "Any idea who's our guest, Kevin?"

Kevin looks at his father with a less than energetic face, as he just woke up.

Kevin: "No idea, father..."

Abel: "By the way, Kevin... I... bought something. Just in case you'll need it."

Kevin: "What did you buy?"

Before Abel can utter the answer, however, Julie finally enters the room with the guest. The guest is of moderate height, with a clean shaven youthful face and a short black hair.

The two men stand up.

Julie: "Gentlemen, may I introduce you, Isaiah Geronimo. He's from the Philippines, and Kazunori-san sent him here to us, to be trained."

Kevin initiates the handshake, giving a smile towards the Filipino racer.

Kevin: "Nice to meet you, Isaiah. My name is Kevin Kern."

Isaiah: "Kevin Kern? Ah! You're the social media star! You do a lot of Spider-Man cosplays in your Instagram on the side, am I right?"

Kevin: "Yes I do. Though I'm doing less of it because of my racing."

Isaiah: "But still, you've got 8 million followers."

Isaiah notices the gaming rig outside the meeting room. Kevin took it out as he only stayed for one night in the guest room, but it will still be in use for the future.

Isaiah: "Gaming rig with wheel?"

Kevin: "Oh... that. We use Gran Turismo Sport as our practice."

Isaiah: "Do you play the game, I presume. By the way, I am also a social media celebrity back home, mostly on the gaming side. I've done stints in MMORPG and driving. Kazunori-san discovered me one day while I was competing in a local event."

Kevin's eyes suddenly widened, upon hearing that last bit.

Kevin: "You're... IG underscore Geronimo?"

Isaiah: "Why yes! I assume you're..."

Kevin: "German underscore Weeb. Quite a weird handle, to be honest."

Isaiah: "Maybe we could race for real some time."

Kevin would react with an impish grin. Seems like a good challenge considering he was soundly defeated in the virtual world of Gran Turismo.

Kevin: "Why not? Well, please make yourself at home here."

***************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Time: 8 am, one week later

Just a week before the Repecharge race, the Dream Alliance team has finalized the setup of the Ford Focus Gr.B specification. Andy did most of the tuning work, but one thing worries him...

20190525210525.jpg

Takuma: "I'm finding it peculiar that Gr. B is back from the dead."

Andy: "Well, look at rallycross spec cars lately. They are pushing over 600 horsepower from those tiny engines. Same goes to this one. Never knew I could pull it off... easily."

Takuma: "I guess the FIA sees the sense of taking it back, with new cars being safer and all. Plus, entertainment value."

Andy: "Trading paint in that upcoming race is part of it. Though one thing worries me."

Takuma: "What is it?"

Andy: "I see no problem with finances, sponsorships or whatnot, but... it's Hiroyuki-san."

Takuma: "What about him?"

Andy: "He's getting less involved. Like... he would normally come to us in these kinds of excursions. Now, he just dozes off in the office. Sometimes I would even wait for an hour just to meet him up in the HQ."

Takuma: "Do remember, he's retired. He's basically leaving the work all to us."

Andy: "I know he's retired. But even back then he's as active as you could ever imagine, for someone who's retired. You're the one staying with him under the same roof, surely you know something is going on."

Takuma then reacts with a bewildered expression, as if an accusation takes place.

Takuma: "Huh?! I'm not hiding anything. For me he looks fine and does the same routines everyday. It's just that he lessened his role."

Andy: "Looking fine can be easily done, Takuma-san. Staying fine is different, however."

Takuma scratches his head, still oblivious of Hiroyuki-san's true state.

Andy: "Fine, let's not sweat about it for now. We've got to make him happy for this one."

Meanwhile, in the outskirts of Las Vegas, there lies a newly-opened dirt course situated in the desert. It's named Fisherman's Ranch, and it used to be a playground for the city's homeless now residing in the adjacent settlement, playing around with rusty bikes and tractors, until some had found the passion for dirt racing starting from motocross until it turned into a destination for petrolheads.

It's now the host of rally races too, and now FIA officially recognizes it as a Group B racing course.

Geschwindigkeit is the only racing team practicing for the day.

20190528164917.jpg

Kevin is at the helm, while Janine is a passenger. He would lecture her as he slides around the 600 horsepower legendary Group B machine.

20190528164924.jpg

While Janine had been in the track recently, she feels anxiety knowing the fact that she is to pilot an old rallying machine making copious amounts of power.

20190528164930.jpg

Kevin: "The Repecharge will not allow co-drivers, since it's a closed circuit. Just relax during practice, and take it slowly until you master this car."

20190528164936.jpg

Meanwhile, in the tents, an equally worried Kiehl could not sit still. Isaiah notices the behavior. He is tagged along as part of his immersion process before he could sit behind the wheel.

Isaiah: "Is everything, okay?"

Kiehl: "Sorry... I'm just worried for my teammate. She looked nervous earlier."

Isaiah: "Even I would freak out too, driving a rally car with nearly 600 horsepower. It must put a lot of strain in the brain."

20190528164943.jpg

Kiehl: "Mind if I ask? What exactly are you training for?"

Isaiah: "Kazunori-san told me that I'll be training for open-cockpit, formula racing."

20190528164949.jpg

Kiehl is surrounded by intrigue upon hearing the answer. Then Isaiah adds up.

Isaiah: "And the only person who can train me for that is none other than Mr. Kevin Kern."

Time: 5 pm

Meanwhile, back in the Dream Alliance Headquarters, Nigel is at the pantry preparing snacks for Hiroyuki. He is to serve green tea with crackers and Brie cheese, Hiroyuki's favorite snack.

After preparation, Nigel puts them all on a tray and ascends the staircase. He would then see the door of Hiroyuki's room slightly opened, but he would then knock as a good gesture.

Nigel: "Hiroyuki-san, your snack is here. May I come in?"

Nigel hears no response. He would then knock for a second time.

Nigel: "Hiroyuki-san, your snack is here. May I come in?"

No answer. Nigel would then enter slowly, but then he would see something that shocks him to the very core, even as an android.

Hiroyuki is unconscious, lying on the floor. Nigel would quickly place the tray on the coffee table, and immediately gets his smartphone. Next, he dials 112, Germany's emergency number. He rushes to Hiroyuki's lifelessbody as the call is taking place.

Nigel: "Hello?! Please send an ambulance here, quick!"

End of Page 7

Hey guys!

So now you see that a Filipino racer named Isaiah Geronimo is introduced in the story. He will definitely be part of the main cast of characters.

I'll give you a bit of his background:

- He's also a streamer, though he plays not only racing games, but also MMORPG. Isaiah has a good reputation in the Filipino gaming community, having garnered 500,000 followers in his social media activities.

- While he takes up racing, it's the very thing that haunts him. A recent event in his past will be brought up as the story progresses. The very "phobia" he's trying to conquer will be connected to the next big villain.

- Expect his origin arc to be released. Though I'm not sure if it will be the one after this. It will take place in sync with the previous arc.

The next page will definitely be posted tomorrow. I'm done taking the photos. It's just that I have to sleep a bit earlier than usual.

Oh, some cars coming soon:

20190602210359.jpg

20190602210353.jpg

Page 8 - Duel at The Ranch

AUTHOR'S NOTE: I will go back to narration style, with Kevin as the narrator.

Time: 8 am, the next day

Oh hey... it's morning.

Hi guys. Kevin Kern here. And no, this isn't some social media vlog I'm doing right now. I am the narrator. For now I'm the center of attention here. Hehe.

The Repecharge race is only a week away. But here we are... in a hotel. Relaxing... relaxing... and relaxing. Wow... we've got all the time in the world and yet we could risk getting eliminated if we mess up in the race.

But this Isaiah guy... he's strange. And yet you call me strange. He's not the typical guy who acts like a tourist. I thought he'd never gone abroad. Apparently he did, and he's well-behaved. The strange part is, he does show huge interest in racing, and yet he holds back certain info I asked for. Anyhow, Julie has plans for him, and they will push through after the rally. For now, he's merely an audience.

Plus, I found out that the Dream Alliance guys are joining in the fun too. Well... they've got the money, so why not spend it wisely?

I head out to have a little stroll. Wow, Vegas is lively even in the morning. I'm not here for gambling, though.

Aaaaaaaand... I'm hungry. Oh look, there's a bakery across the street. Perfect. I'll skip hotel breakfast for a change.

After crossing, I see two familiar faces... Andy Midfield and Takuma Kanonji-san. What am I gonna say? "Look at me, I am doing far better without you! Ha!"

Nah, forget it. I don't want to stir up a conversation. I'll just buy some bread and eat it back in the room. Gotta make the heist.

I head over and told the cashier that I want this large croissant. She would then take and reheat it. But... the pair didn't even notice me. As a matter of fact, Takuma-san is talking to someone on the phone. And he seems... distraught.

Takuma: "What?! And how long he has been battling that cancer?! Over a year? Wow... really? And he didn't even tell us? Not even you?"

Whoa... who has cancer? And he does look very worried.

Takuma: "Look, have you contacted his wife? Oh good. Sigh... I know he's stubborn, but even that has limits, Nigel. You did the right thing telling her and us too, even though you disobeyed his order. After the rally, I'm definitely visiting him."

Come on... where's the bread? I'm hungry!

Andy: "You seem stressed at this hour."

Takuma: "Who wouldn't get stressed by an old man keeping his sickness from us for a year or two? He could have at least told his family, if he wishes to keep it personal. Only his wife knows, for now."

Andy: "Hiroyuki-san got cancer, huh? And what stage is he in?"

Hiroyuki-san has cancer?! Ach du lieber!

Takuma: "Fourth stage prostate cancer. And... he may not be living for long. He's currently in the ICU."

Andy: "Whoa."

Man... what a sad start of the day for them. I hope that does not impact their performance next week, at least not in a big way.

Oh finally! I got the bread! Gotta scoot!

I exited the store, and sniffed the croissant. I love the scent of a toasted pastry. But after hearing the revelation back there... even I feel concerned.

Gotta call Julie. Even though I'm no longer part of Dream Alliance, my respect for them remains high, and she has to know what's going on. That could answer her investment woes lately. She's staying in Germany to keep tabs on Alan.

Kevin: "Julie? Hello?"

Julie: "Guten tag, Kevin. Or should I say Guten Morgen?"

Kevin: "I'm calling you to deliver this heartbreaking news. Hiroyuki-san is at death's door."

Julie: "Really?! Oh dear... maybe that's why his company's stocks have dropped. I'll go visit him."

Kevin: "Please do. I want to talk to him once I've finished everything. He deserves to know the result of everything we've planned. Please keep me in the loop, okay?"

Julie: "Will do."

Time: 3 pm, one week later

Today's the day. Repecharge race. And since it's an FIA-sanctioned race, it's a magnet for racing fans all across the globe.

It's an optional round, and the top 6 will secure a spot in the 2nd round of the FIA WEC, regardless of their end result in the first one. Those who don't make the cut are gone for the entire season. It's a risky gamble, considering we are running on an archaic Group B rally weapon.

20190603204749.jpg

I have utmost confidence on Janine. I drilled everything I know on rallying on to her. I cannot disappoint Mr. Rohrl on this one. The race is done in duels.

20190603204801.jpg

The loser is naturally eliminated, but those who reach the semi-final will be awarded with the immunity I mentioned earlier.

20190603204807.jpg

At least Dream Alliance is showing a steady performance despite the news. Stay strong, okay?

20190603204813.jpg

Of course, accidents happen. I mean... wrestling with 600 horsepower on dirt? Who wouldn't?

The moment that NSX crashed right in front of us...

20190603204819.jpg

...I see Isaiah trembling. Of course he would, since it happened right in front of him. But out of all the people... he's the one that acted with paranoia. He quickly ran away from the crowd and head back in the tent. Huh? What's got into him?

20190603204826.jpg

At least we made it in the final. Janine did well. And it's time for her to rest.

Kevin: "We made it in the final, Janine. Great job. I can take it from here."

However...

Janine: "I'll run in the final. I'll show Dream Alliance what I can do. I've been itching to test my mettle against them."

Can't say no to that. All right.

Kevin: "Okay then. If that's what you want, I won't stop you. But this is the Dream Alliance we're racing next. Take care."

Kiehl pops up too, showing a lot more concern than I do... Hmmmmm.... I smell something.

Kiehl: "Are you sure you can do it, Janine? You've been driving the entire day. Let me or Kevin do it."

Janine: "I will be fine, Kiehl. Don't worry. But... thanks for your concern."

She would then wink and smile at Kiehl. All right, there's definitely something between you two.

20190603204832.jpg

The sun is about to go out, but it won't set until it sees the victor in today's final. Three laps are all we got...

Old school versus modern. I'm hearing popping sounds as both cars rev their engines. That's anti-lag for ya.

And they're off! They launched with a rocket-esque take off.

20190603204838.jpg

I hope Janine still has some energy left. After all, she's been wrestling the Audi Quattro the whole day...

20190603204844.jpg

Janine: "This is definitely tough to control. But after a whole day of running this thing, I'm getting in sync with the car."

20190603204851.jpg

Andy: "Gotta respect your audacity, Geschwin-whatever. You chose an old-school rally car, and prevailed against much more modern machinery."

20190603204857.jpg

Janine: "I'm about to catch you. Don't you dare dismiss me."

(Background Music: Prayer - Ducky Chix)

20190603204907.jpg

Andy: "She's inching closer."

20190603204914.jpg

Janine: "Let's play for a bit. If it's Kevin driving this thing, he would have let you eat all the dirt he's going to leave behind."

20190603204920.jpg

20190603204928.jpg

Whoa... too aggressive there, Janine. Remember, that Audi can bite back.

20190603204934.jpg

Janine: "Shoot... I gotta recover quickly!"

20190603204940.jpg

20190603204947.jpg

Andy: "I'm not putting down women who drive. And as a matter of fact, I love people who respect the classics! Better take care of that Audi, woman! I don't want seeing that thing break into pieces! Overtake me, and I want to see that beauty dance!"

She'll recover. Just watch.

Anyhow, I gotta get in the tent first. Is Isaiah okay? I see him sitting down, tapping his feet on the ground, and I can still see a bit of trembling. I then approach him.

Kevin: "Are you okay?"

Isaiah: "Yeah... yeah. Completely fine. That crash almost had me. Yeah... I'm okay. Just go... watch."

Kevin: "If there's anything wrong, don't hesitate to tell me, okay? We're teammates here."

I would then place my right hand on to his shoulder, and tap it twice. I'm starting to get curious now...

End of Page 8

Page 9 - Old School

20190608172046.jpg

Second lap has started. Hey, anything can happen in a blink of an eye. Tables can be turned in a moment's notice.

(Background Music: Attack! II - Initial D 4th Stage Sound Files)

20190608172053.jpg

Janine: "Understeer! All right, an opening!"

20190608172059.jpg

Andy: "I shot off the line. Shoot, all that lead completely gone in a snap!"

20190608172106.jpg

Janine: "You do look imposing, but I'm sorry I am not going to yield before men."

20190608172112.jpg

Andy: "There it is. I am seeing it dancing."

20190608172119.jpg

Finally! Janine took the lead at the final lap's start! Don't give a quarter. Let's give the Dream Alliance something to aim for. We are going to be their hurdle!

20190608172127.jpg

Janine: "What's wrong? Cat got your tongue? Kevin respects your team... but I don't see why."

20190608172133.jpg

Andy: "Looks like I've teased them too much. These Germans have so much going on. What's their agenda?"

20190608172140.jpg

Andy: "They look so dead set on winning. As if they're fighting for something."

20190608172146.jpg

20190608172152.jpg

And the Repecharge is all ours! Ha! That's a proper start to our conquest. This calls for a celebration. Hmmmm.... where to eat dinner?

***************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Time: 6 pm, the next day

As the sun starts to set in the English countryside, what it may seem a quiet end of the day is interrupted by a roar.

20190608172159.jpg

The roar of a formula car, that is. And judging by its looks, it seems archaic compared to the Formula 1 machines of today.

20190608172205.jpg

The car exhibits copious amounts of turbo lag, which prompts its driver to tread carefully on the corner exit. Slowly but surely, the power is kept in check.

20190608172211.jpg

The same deed is performed on the uphill hairpin.

Even today, the race car still has plenty of downforce which offers its driver the confidence he needs to tackle the technical circuit.

20190608172217.jpg

However, the car suddenly slows down. A mechanical trouble, perhaps? After all, it is a classic race car, which are to be driven with utmost care.

20190608172223.jpg

???: "I'm pitting in. Too much understeer."

The F1 car enters the pit lane. As it stops at a pit garage, a sole man is attending to the car to get to the root of the problem. Alighting from the car is a young man, and upon taking off the helmet...

...he is none other than the 14-year old Benjamin Kanonji, the half-British, half-Japanese adoptive son of Takuma. He had graduated from Karting, and decides to step up his game, even forbidding everyone calling him by his past moniker "Little Ben".

He had grown taller, and is in fact taller than an average teenager at 5 foot 9 inches. Even friends around him are finding it preposterous that he is only 14.

The man checking the tires is a family friend, living just right in front of their home - named Roger Holland. Roger is a mechanic who owns a repair shop which Takuma discovered by chance, and has grown close to him ever since.

Roger: "Perhaps softening the front might do the trick."

Benjamin puts his racing gloves aside as he removes them. He then opens his palms out, to let them cool.

Benjamin: "Soften them a bit."

Roger: "How's the turbo lag?"

Benjamin: "Still unbearable. But I think that's part of its charm. I have to fit within the regulations."

Roger: "And yet you still have no team. Your mother is worried."

Benjamin: "I know... but school is rubbish either. I have more friends on the track than in the classroom. I don't want to join Dad's team either, as he encouraged me to walk on my own path."

Roger: "Hmmmmm... maybe I could get in touch with her."

Benjamin: "Huh? Who's she?"

Roger: "I supply some parts for her team. And last time I heard, she's scouting for new racers. Her name is Julie Meade."

Benjamin: "Interesting. Please do let me know if she contacts you once more. Maybe I can have a shot."

End of Page 9

Page 10 - Facing Fears

Time: 10 am, two days later

We just came back from Las Vegas. Oh, by the way, Kiehl paid for the dinner. Clearly, he is interested on Janine. Hehe. He insisted, mind you.

Now, on to my second task - training Isaiah.

He's in the meeting room, waiting for further instruction.

But more importantly...

...how's Hiroyuki-san? Yesterday, Julie visited him. She now enters the room, ready to deliver her piece like a true professional.

Kevin: "Julie, how's Hiroyuki-san?"

Julie: "Thankfully, he regained consciousness. His wife just arrived, and she's the only one in his family accompanying him right now, along with that adorable little android. But...

...I'm not sure how long would that last. Apparently he fell down and hit his head on the floor, that's why he's lying there like a vegetable. Reason is... he has cancer. 4th stage prostate cancer, to be exact.

Kevin: "Sigh... and I'm pretty sure his children will find out too. After all, they are going here in Europe for the Group 1 race.

Julie: "Speaking of... we need to finalize the logistics for that race. And, pretty much every racing team is prepped."

20190609165619.jpg

20190408074205.jpg

20190609165740.jpg

20190609165636.jpg

20190609165629.jpg

Kevin: "All cards are on the table, then. Now, let's move on to our next business."

She would then look at Isaiah.

Julie: "You're here to be a part of our open-cockpit division. Kazunori-san and I had a deal. I sponsor his E-sports races and in turn, he hands over potential would-be drivers to me. He scouted you and you took the opportunity. Make sure he doesn't regret it."

Spoken like a boss, huh? Don't give him pressure just yet.

Isaiah: "I... will not waste this opportunity. Yeah... I know I won't."

I like the confidence, but after seeing you shaking back there proves to me otherwise.

Julie: "Shall we, Kevin?"

Kevin: "Yeah. Let's head over to the garage. Come, Isaiah."

We head over to the garage. As he is being mesmerized by the crew hard at work on our cars, we then stopped in front of a certain... oddball.

20190609165646.jpg

Julie: "Before I can let you take the helm of an open-cockpit racer, we'll go with something easier. You are to represent us in the Group 4 category, but that is far off from now. You have ample time to get familiar with this."

A Bugatti Veyron. And before you could jump into conclusions, that thing is modified as per BoP. It's makes almost half of its original power output. But we will make the audience drop their jaws as this luxury barge flattens the competition.

Isaiah: "Wow! A Veyron! Never thought in my life I would drive that thing."

Julie: "Originally, that is to be written off because some thot crashed it. But I sweet-talked my way and had Bugatti convert it instead."

Kevin: "Today, we'll provide the suit, gloves and helmet. If all fits, then we can set off to the Nurburgring."

Isaiah: "N-Nurburgring?!"

A typical reaction of a racing gamer. Of course it's every petrolhead's dream to drive the Nordschleife, but hold your horses.

Kevin: "Don't get too excited yet. We have the GP layout all by ourselves for today. We will not tackle the Green Hell first."

Time: 1 pm

We decided to have an early lunch before we could head off the track. I can see a mix of emotions coming from Isaiah. He's slightly trembling, but weirdly he's excited.

After suiting up, both of us get in the car. That's right, BOTH. I installed a passenger seat for the time being. The best way to coach him is to do it personally.

20190609165654.jpg

Isaiah: "Wow... even with less power... I've never accelerated like this in my life."

Kevin: "Do you have a driver's license back home?"

Isaiah: "Yeah. I used to drive..."

Used to? You mean you drove back then?

Isaiah: "I can do this. I know I can..."

It's only natural for him not to bury the throttle fully. But for a first timer who would unleash at least 400 horsepower in one step, this would definitely overwhelm them.

20190609165700.jpg

Kevin: "It's imperative to learn the driving line first. Then we can talk about speed later."

Isaiah: "Got it."

Even if you mastered the track in a racing game, you still have to learn how to do it once you race for real. While racing games nowadays bridge the gap between reality and fantasy, there is still an obvious difference, and that you simply cannot be overconfident just because you did a thousand laps in the Nurburgring virtually.

20190609165705.jpg

Now... don't judge him. I know he's way off the ideal line.

Isaiah: "Hah... hah..."

What's wrong? Earlier you were excited. But now...

Definitely something is not right. He's hyperventilating as we reach the hairpin, and then suddenly...

He abruptly stepped on the brakes.

Isaiah: "AAAAAAHHHH!"

He's screaming! And he covers his face with his hands, as if horrified of an impending crash.

20190609165711.jpg

I then grabbed the wheel to somehow veer off the car...

20190609165717.jpg

Thankfully we stopped. But I am seeing Isaiah getting out of the car, still trembling in fear. As he is ventilating, I then exit the car and reach to his side. I would then pat on his back.

Kevin: "Isaiah, are you okay?"

Isaiah: "I'm sorry... I just heard a voice screaming out my name. It then brought back some... trauma. I'm so sorry. I shouldn't have taken the opportunity. I don't want to end up disappointing you."

He must have encountered a traumatic event in his life. People like that do tend to panic once they face fear.

Kevin: "It's okay. Don't worry about it. Being the fastest racer takes a lot of time. It's not overnight. And...

...I too went through a traumatic phase in my life."

I would then briefly look up the sunny sky, letting a tear flow from my eye. I will never forget the night my mother died on my arms after getting shot. She thought it was a stranger knocking on the door, but her life ended the moment she opened it. I heard that loud bang... and quickly I descended the stairs and it was all too late. She's gone... and all I can do was scream for help and cry.

Isaiah: "I'm sorry. I'm really sorry."

In response, I merely give him a brotherly hug. We will get through. It's going to be a rough sail, but I assure you... we will get over it.

End of Page 10

Wow, even Geschwindigkeit‘s French car can’t escape being German! :lol:

Well, it does have German parts. :lol:

If anything, Kevin is a big fan of the Volkswagen-Audi Group cars. And has a slight preference on Mercedes-Benz too since he lives in Stuttgart and would love seeing Porsches and Benzes.

Page 11 - A Promise... Broken

Time: 3 pm

We now have a new challenge... Isaiah.

In particular, his fear. Getting him back to shape is definitely not going to be easy.

We came back from the track right after that unexpected incident, and he's just sitting at the corner, for like... 2 hours. Even Janine and Kiehl are worried.

Julie: "Note to self: Add a psychological evaluation before we actually take in new members, be it racers or mechanics. Speaking of new members, another one is coming in."

Kevin: "Look, this is unexpected, all right? But let him be. Getting over trauma is an arduous process."

Julie: "Still though, I admire his audacity. Tackling it head on, the one thing that brings him fear."

Isaiah stands up, and looks at the rest of us. We're not ostracizing you, okay? We are concerned.

Isaiah: "I'm sorry I acted that way. But I truly believe that overcoming fear is facing it That's why I did everything I can to win that E-Sport event back home. I was aware what the opportunity is, and the circumstances surrounding it.".

Kiehl: "But still, not everyone can face the fear. Most would run away from it. You, on the other hand, are an admirable person, actually."

Janine: "Yeah, so cheer up! We will help you."

Julie: "Good thing is, we know exactly what happened to him. However, only Kevin and I know about it. We intend to keep it that way."

You will find out soon what is this fear that's holding him back. Now, on to the new topic...

Kevin: "All right, that's settled. Now let's move on. Who is this new member you've mentioned, Julie?"

Julie: "While I was talking to one of our suppliers, he referred me to a certain person eager to join our Formula division. And you won't believe who he is."

Kevin: "Who is he, then?"

Julie: "The adoptive son of Takuma Kanonji. His name is Benjamin. Half-British, half-Japanese. And he's only 14, mind you."

That's interesting. A fourteen year old teenager? And to our Formula 1 division? Well, he's the son of Takuma-san after all.

And... oh... My phone is ringing.

Kevin: "Excuse me for a moment."

I then checked who's the caller. It's Vincenzo. I haven't heard from him for a while. He's back to his team, basically. But I did send him off with an important task.

Kevin: "Hello?"

Vincenzo: "Guten tag, Kevin. I heard your numbers are growing."

Kevin: "That's true. And how about you?"

Vincenzo: "Being a good boy. I have to act like a reformed racer in Pietro's team. But of course... I called to report."

Kevin: "What is it?"

Vincenzo: "The Interpol has successfully shut down all of Alan's warehouses in the USA. He's basically pinned to one corner - Croatia. I'd say we won't let him escape."

Great news. I am walking to my quarters, and then as I entered, I look at all the gadgets I need to take him down. The electric disks are in perfect condition, my mask clean, and my adhesive boots and gloves are ready to rumble. The black jumpsuit is free of dirt too.

Kevin: "Sounds great to me. But I have to strike at the right moment."

Vincenzo: "His warehouse in Croatia is now heavily guarded after you sneaked in there last time. What's your say, Our Friendly Neighborhood Racer?"

Kevin: "Take out the "Friendly". I will show no mercy."

Meanwhile, back at the Nordschleife...

20190610191744.jpg

Rob Hatch and some of Storm's racing crew are present to have another testing of the McLaren Vision Gran Turismo. And while he's strolling around, he sees a red Porsche 962C and two men. The duo is none other than Abel Kern and a familiar face in the racing circles: A bald man known for setting the course record of the Porsche 911 GT2 RS MR at 6 minutes and 40 seconds - Lars Kern. The two are definitely unrelated, despite sharing the same surname.

Abel: "Thank you for coming over on such short notice, I wouldn't expect you'd turn up, actually."

Lars: "That's fine. I gotta say, you've purchased one hell of a car."

Abel: "I got it from a collector friend of mine, and apparently he's unloading some of his stash. The reason I bought it because I want to make it up to my son."

Lars: "What will you use this for?"

Abel: "Just in case the Audi R18 proves to be... inadequate. You know, as a man specializing in mechanical engineering, I would say the total irony of older cars being more reliable than the cars of today."

Lars: "That's... interesting."

The pair would see Rob looking around the Porsche Group C racer. But then he would be approached by the duo.

Abel: "Seems that you're interested."

Rob: "Ah... I'm sorry. This yours?"

Abel: "Yes. And Lars Kern here is going to test it for a short notice."

Rob: "Ah, I see. Well, I must carry on then."

A few moments later, Lars has suited up for the testing. He sees Rob riding in the McLaren on a motorcycle riding position. After starting it up, he would slowly move the futuristic-looking racer.

Lars does the same as well. He would then wait for the McLaren to exit the pit lane, and he would set a few car lengths away for safety purposes.

20190610191758.jpg

Lars: "I'm in. But hey, that McLaren sure is interesting."

Lars would get on to business. He is to test the car's limits as asked by Abel. He has to go on full throttle, despite the safety being his utmost priority.

20190610191804.jpg

Rob would then see the approaching red Porsche at the screen showing the rear camera view.

Rob: "That Porsche is coming. Should I let it pass, or...?"

(Background Music: Are You Gonna Go My Way - Lenny Kravitz)

20190610191811.jpg

Rob's curiosity turns into an urge as Lars gets closer.

Rob: "I'm up for a little play time. Let's go."

20190610191817.jpg

Lars notices the McLaren keeping its racing line, signalling that it won't let him pass.

Lars: "You want to race? I'm up for it, but... I won't be held responsible to what happens to you."

20190610191823.jpg

Lars: "I'm here to do a favor. Please excuse me."

Doing as he is asked for, Lars buries the throttle. Even with the turbo lag, he keeps the Group C racer in check. He has been testing Porsches around the Nurburgring and has clocked in more than hundred or even a thousand laps in his repertoire.

20190610191829.jpg

Lars means business. Rob is merely unaware.

Rob: "I thought I've shaken him off, but..."

Approaching a gentle corner, Lars hits the brakes, but is surprised at the McLaren's refusal to do so.

Lars: "He's not braking?"

20190610191835.jpg

However, the McLaren would end up understeering.

Rob: "Bloody hell... I thought I can take this on full throttle!"

20190610191841.jpg

The carefully driven Porsche would overtake the McLaren easily after the setback.

20190610191847.jpg

Lars: "I think even Walter Rohrl would agree that cars like this are generally unsafe on the Green Hell. But a favor is a favor."

20190610191853.jpg

Even with Lars' restrained pace, Rob would struggle...

Rob: "That's no toy. Who is he?!"

The gap gets wider and wider...

20190610191859.jpg

Lars: "No problems here. Wow... considering this car is 30 years old."

Rob's edginess would cost him the testing. The McLaren loses control at the mini-Karussell.

Rob: "This is pathetic. Humiliated by an antique piece."

20190610191905.jpg

Seeing the McLaren out of his range, Lars begins to show genuine concern.

20190610191912.jpg

Lars: "Huh? Where is he? Did he crash? I hope not..."

Time: 9 am, the next day

The next day, Dream Alliance is at the Circuit St. Croix in France. They have arrived last night, but a practice is in business. The Group 1 race is a month away, and this is the only time they can make adjustments.

While Takuma is making a shakedown...

20190610191918.jpg

Andy gets a phone call... from Nigel.

Andy: "Hello?"

Nigel: "You're in St. Croix, am I right? I'm sorry, but I called at a really really bad time..."

Andy: "Why?"

Nigel: "I gotta report this to you... Hiroyuki-san has returned to the ICU. His wife is worried to no end, and his children are making their way here as we speak. His condition has deteriorated even after a brief return of his consciousness."

Andy: "This is really bad. Thanks to letting me know. But honestly I don't want to tell Takuma-san..."

Nigel: "You have no choice but to tell him. I promised him to keep him in the loop."

Andy: "Why is this happening?"

20190610191924.jpg

Nigel: "I don't know, but we have to keep it together. Takuma-san has a promise to Nobuhiko-san as well. Please tell him right now."

Andy would respond with hesitation.

Andy: "Roger."

Quickly, he opens up the radio to communicate with Takuma.

Andy: "Takuma-san... this is grim news."

Takuma: "Huh? What is it?"

Andy: "I never ever want to be the bearer of bad news, but Hiroyuki-san is in critical condition."

Takuma: "WHAT?!"

Andy: "Nigel called me just now. And it would be cruel if I don't tell you."

Takuma: "TELL THE TEAM TO PACK UP. We will cancel today's practice. I will go to the hospital, PRONTO."

20190610191929.jpg

Takuma: "I'll try my best to reschedule the practice. But I want to see Hiroyuki-san NOW."

20190610191935.jpg

Takuma: "I have a promise to Nobuhiko to watch over his father after we created Dream Alliance Japan. AND I BLAME MYSELF FOR MY NEGLIGENCE!"

End of Page 11

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

- Next page would be an emotional one.

Page 12 - End of An Era

Time: 3 pm

Takuma spared no time in rushing to the hospital nearby the Nurburgring. Andy comes along as well, but the rest of the crew were ordered to return to their HQ.

Upon arriving, Nigel meets them in the lobby, and leads the pair to the ICU room where Hiroyuki is placed. Upon entering, Takuma shows nothing but a distressed face. Kyoko can only look at her near lifeless husband. Hiroyuki is only strong enough to speak...

Takuma heads over to the bedside, his eyes watery. Andy sits down on the sofa.

Takuma: "We're here, Hiroyuki-san. And please wait for your children."

Hiroyuki: "Shouldn't you... be practicing?"

Takuma: "I'm sorry... but I just had to stop it. We're all worried. I... promised Nobuhiko. I cannot break it."

Hiroyuki smiles, and then places his hand on to Takuma's.

Hiroyuki: "Let me rest, Kanonji. Let me rest. I'm all set now. No need to worry about me. I've done... everything."

Tears now start gushing down Takuma's cheeks. And he is well-known to keep his emotions in check.

Takuma: "Please hold on! I don't know what to do when you're... Please hang on! I have a promise to keep!"

Hiroyuki: "I... have known that you're a great leader, that's why I made you one. And one day you'll change the racing world. I want you to keep it that way. I have... one favor."

Takuma could only look down as he fights his tears.

Hiroyuki: "Please take care of Kevin Kern. One day, he'll need your guidance. Both of you can change the racing world. That's your new promise."

Takuma: "Okay... sir. But please..."

The ECG would show a line close to being a flat one. Hiroyuki's time is near...

Hiroyuki: "Michiharu... wait for me up there. Let's have... a drink."

Hiroyuki then looks up... and shows one last smile.

A high pitched noise is then heard. It's a flatline... Kyoko would then head over to the other side of the bed and cry beside her husband.

Takuma: "No... NO!"

As if in reflex, Andy rushes outside to call the nurses to resuscitate Hiroyuki back to life.

The nurses and Hiroyuki's doctor would come in to perform resuscitation. After three tries...

...Hiroyuki finally passes on.

(Background Music: Don't Think Twice - Utada Hikaru)

Doctor: "Time of death - 3:05 pm..."

Takuma would then rush outside, slamming the door open and leaning on the wall... with a stream of tears flowing on his face. Nigel, who may be an android, clearly feels similar emotion. Andy also heads outside, speechless. He can't even think of a word to say to Takuma right now.

A few moments later, Nobuyuki and Nobuhiko arrive. The brothers would then be greeted by the sight of Takuma with his pinkish-red eyes still leaning on the wall, looking upwards.

Nigel braves up to deliver the grim news.

Nigel: "I'm... sorry."

Nobuyuki and Nobuhiko run inside the room, and they only see their mother crying on the bedside. It is all too late. Their father had departed. Nobuhiko goes over to his father's side, and then starts to weep heavily. For all those years, only he got to spend little time with his father after reuniting with him. This time around, it's Hiroyuki leaving the world, unlike before.

Nobuhiko: "Why...? Why do you have to?"

Outside, Takuma walks away. He had lost face. A promise was broken, and for him a new one simply can't mend it.

Takuma: "Andy... let's go."

Huh?

I feel a sudden jolt. That's strange. Could it be one of those electric discs I'm working on? All of them are in working order.

I then head outside. I want a stroll. There's a little park just across the street. Funny... it used to be sunny until noon. Now, I'm seeing clouds. Is an overcast coming?

Wind blows by... and it's stronger than usual. Welp, it's going to rain. Gotta head back. I don't want to get sick before I make a surprise attack on Alan.

Upon heading back inside the HQ, I would then see Julie approaching me. She seems flushed. Stressed out again?

Julie: "Kevin..."

Kevin: "What's wrong?"

Julie: "I just got word from Nigel... Ugh... I don't know what to say. No one likes being the bearer of bad news."

Kevin: "Okay... what's the problem?"

Julie: "Hiroyuki-san.... has passed on."

No... NO! You've got to be kidding, right?! I want him to see the day that Alan has fallen! I want him to see the racing world saved! No... it can't be!

I merely kneeled down as a reaction. No... this can't be happening. It can't be happening...

Julie: "I'm sorry, Kevin. I know you want him to see your plans realized. I'll find out when's the funeral. We'll definitely be there."

Julie pats on my shoulder. But that did little to console me. Hiroyuki-san... why? But more importantly... how is Dream Alliance going to hold up? Considering that they had just recovered from its losses. Another blow for them. But it's definitely a BIG one.

Julie: "But that doesn't stop us from fulfilling our plans, right? No turning back now."

Those words lit a fire in my heart. That's it. I'm standing up. My fists are clenching.

Kevin: "You're absolutely right."

I would then head back to my room. All gadgets are ready. I place everything I need in my bag.

Next, I make a call to Vincenzo as I make my way to the car.

Julie: "Where are you going?"

My response? Simple.

Kevin: "I'll finish this."

20190615184009.jpg

Kevin: "Hello? Vincenzo?"

Vincenzo: "Oh hey. What's up?"

Kevin: "I'm going to Croatia right now. I'll settle this once and for all."

Vincenzo: "Woah woah woah! Why so sudden?!"

Kevin: "Hiroyuki-san has passed away. And I take it as a sign to finish this mess. Meet me in Croatia by evening or midnight. I'm sorry if this is all sudden, but sooner is better."

As I strapped in, Julie would then run towards me. I opened the window. She is handing over my mask and goggles.

Julie: "You forgot these."

Kevin: "I meant it. Leave them in my room."

That's right. Alan will finally meet his doom, and he deserves to know who will it be.

Time: 12 am

I have checked in a small hotel in Croatia upon arriving. In my room, I placed everything on the bed. Then I hear someone knocking on the door. Upon opening, it's Vincenzo.

Vincenzo: "I take it that we're not sharing the room."

Kevin: "Sorry."

Vincenzo: "Just kidding, I got my own. So, what's the plan now?"

Kevin: "Tomorrow evening is when I'll strike. You will be at the distance, and if you have the feeling that something is wrong, you can pull me out, I'll try my very best to escape when I fail."

Vincenzo: "You're going to do all that butt-kicking? How bold."

Kevin: "I can only rely on my gymnastics and Capoeira moves I learned by merely watching videos.... and the moves I do on role playing stints in cosplay events. But nothing can stop a determined heart."

Next, I hand to him a small remote control for the e-Tron.

Vincenzo: "A small remote control?"

Kevin: "Remember what we've planned before? This time around there's a bit of modification, just for you to be safe. The car can move without its driver, and hence you will control its movements via this little thing. You'll send it over the gate, and..."

Vincenzo: "Boom. I got it. It's actually safer."

Kevin: "We can do this, Vincenzo. I know we can."

Vincenzo: "Your mother put me through college. I owe her a lot. That's why I'm just as determined as you are."

***************************************************************************************************************************************************************​

Time: 9 pm, the next day

Time to finish this, Alan. And you will see the face of a person whose life you've taken away from. One night... just one night will end... everything.

20190615184017.jpg

We are now in position. I got out of the car, parked nearby the gates. But it's far enough for the guards not to detect us. Vincenzo exits as well. The electric discs are all over the seats. I zipped up my jumpsuit, and tightened my adhesive gloves.

Vincenzo: "No mask?"

Kevin: "Alan deserves to know who's sabotaging his plans, before he can face justice."

We then do a brotherly hug. Let's do this.

Vincenzo carries two remote controls - one for the car's movements and the other for the activation of the discs.

Meanwhile, I climbed up the wall of the warehouse and next I jump to a pole. I would then climb up and then perch at the very top of it, like a ninja watching over his surroundings.

The e-Tron moves as planned... and it stops right by the gate's guards. The guards then would surround the car.

Hehehehehe... they'll never know what hit them.

The car's windows roll down, and to their surprise, they see no driver. But then...

...an electrical storm awaits them. Ha! Taste the fury of an angered mechanical genius! All the surrounding guards are electrocuted until they lost consciousness. You earn your sleep. You deserve that.

Time to move in... entrance is clear. But before I can even jump from the pole, I see another man taking the opportunity and beating up the remaining guards.

He looks way too familiar. Bald... resembling a certain badass British celebrity.

ROB HATCH?!

Oh great... this night is getting better and better. Is he up for Round 2?

But still... whatever happens, Alan Long shall fall.

Hiroyuki-san... you can rest peacefully now. I'll do the rest.

End of Page 12

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

- I'm trying to put myself in to Takuma's shoes as I write the death scene. What can he do now? His mentor is gone... :(

- Expect a Kevin vs. Rob Round 2 on the next page.

Page 13 - Crumbled

Hiroyuki-san has passed on...

And I fear everything will crumble from this point on. I know that I'm no longer associated with the Dream Alliance, but the team has inspired me to do this. Their fighting spirit lit the fire in my heart to fight for justice and... progress.

Progress.

That's the one thing we're fighting for, Dream Alliance. But with your leader dead, there's a huge risk of your team falling apart, and with that, along with everything you fought for so far.

I WILL NOT LET THAT HAPPEN.

LET ME FINISH THIS.

That is why this evening will change EVERYTHING. I am ready to strike.

But with one small catch...

Rob Hatch.

Yeah, he joins in the fun too, apparently. He's taking out Alan's minions one by one. Wow... look at all those martial art moves. It's as if I'm watching an action movie, no holds barred!

I hope we have the same motivations. But I'm up for Round 2.

I have to sneak past undetected. I say, Rob's arrival is a blessing. The goons are done for. He cleared the way for me. Thank you.

Good, he's also in. Time to find Alan. I gotta get to him before Rob does. I will be the one delivering justice. I've been working for it for months...

As I head in to another part of the warehouse, it was already devoid of people. Well, it's evening and most have gone home from work. It's eerily silent.

I have to tip toe carefully, Alan could be in one of those rooms.

"BANG!"

"BANG!"

I hear two gunshots. They're from behind. I then look back...

...and the inevitable happens. Round 2 is up, then.

I then raise my hands, just like before.

Rob: "Who are you?"

I would then put up a goofy front. He points at me with his gun. Ooooh... shiny. I mean the gun, not your... head.

Kevin: "Got caught again.... man."

Rob: "Aren't you that German cosplayer? I'm actually a follower of yours."

Kevin: "Oh why yes! Thanks for following! Hehe! And hey, would you want a collab?"

Rob cocks his gun. I ticked him off, I guess.

Rob: "This is no time nor a place for someone like you."

Someone like me?

You are so not cool... Rob Hatch. Not cool.

I then throw an electric disc, just to remind him of our previous tussle.

Rob: "WHAT?!"

He then reflexively springs back the moment the electric current unleashes. Heh, nice evade.

Oh oh... he comes rushing!

(Background Music - Jin Kazama Theme - Tekken 3 OST)

Adrenaline kicking in!

I can only evade his attacks for the time being. He's definitely not going to give a quarter this time.

Rob: "So you're the one in Tokyo!"

Kevin: "Ha! Of course!"

I evaded his roundhouse kick by assuming the Negativa stance, a Capoeira basic move. In an instant, I retaliate with a low sweep kick, which landed a guaranteed hit! He fell down, but immediately springs back up, akin to Bruce Lee.

Next I perform multiple backflips followed by one huge aerial backroll, and as I cling myself to a wall, I jumped and unleash an aerial roundhouse kick, which Rob parries, as expected.

He then counterattacks with a backhand punch, which he misses since I did pirouette spin on the side. I learned all of those by just watching anime fight scenes! And I'm so used to cosplay fighting demonstrations too!

But of course, I don't have some superhero-esque spider-sense. I may cosplay Spider-Man, but I'm so far away from him.

OW!

He kicked me on the abdomen. Ah!

Kevin: "That's a true martial artist right there! Ah...."

Rob: "Officially unfollowed."

You do not say that in front of a social media celebrity...

I then sprang up. I jumped up and perform a heel drop kick on his shoulder. Hurts huh? Look at how he flinched!

Rob: "Give it up. You have no idea how dangerous this is."

Kevin: "Shouldn't that be my line?"

As I hurl my right arm to punch him, he catches it and...

...he hiptosses me down on the concrete. Ahhh... my back.

Rob: "Go back home. This is for your own good."

YOU DO NOT SAY THAT TO ME, ROB.

I'VE COME TOO FAR FOR ME TO GIVE UP. JUST LIKE YOUR TEAM WHOM YOU CONSIDERED FAMILY.

As I struggle to stand up, a tear falls from my eye.

Kevin: "You... have... no... idea."

Rob: "What?"

Kevin: "I'm here... to give something for my mother... Something that she deserves...."

I'm dropping the immature facade and I show to Rob my crying face.

Kevin: "I lost her because of Alan! We share the same enemy here, Rob!"

Rob then cold-heartedly punches my face, and I fell down again...

Rob: "I know what loss is, chap. For now, stay down there. Or rather, squirm. You don't want Interpol cuffing you."

Rob would walk away like a total badass, taking out his gun once more.

No...

I'm not giving this up.

This is for your, Mom...

...and for the future of the racing world. I gotta stand!

As I finally stood up, I would limp myself walking further. I've got to find Alan. Let me deliver my justice.

Progressing further inside, trying to find Alan... the interior is empty of people. All I see are computers and papers scattered around like a raid took place.

Interpol would have found something in those, though. Oh look, another empty room. I do see some blueprints. Though I suspect they have little to no value for the investigators.

Suddenly, I hear a footstep...

...and a another gunshot. AH! It's hot! A bullet hits my left arm! I face back...

...and he's none other than Alan Long! He managed to stand up from his wheelchair, pointing a gun at me. Despite these injuries, my blood is now boiling, now that I have finally faced him, eye-to-eye.

Alan: "Looking for something?"

Kevin: "You."

Alan: "Me? What is that I have that you're looking for?"

Kevin: "Ah... ah... remember this face? Surely you would."

Alan: "You do have a splitting image of Alicia Kern.... ah yes. I finally remembered."

Kevin: "We haven't forgotten... what you've done. You killed people in the name of glory."

Alan: "She was useful to me. Too bad I have to dispose her. She has to be silenced."

Kevin: "Dispose... her?"

HOW DARE YOU! YOU SAY THAT AGAIN!

Alan: "People talk too much. Her righteousness is what cost her life. Clearly she's a traitor."

Kevin: "YOU NEVER DID ANYTHING RIGHT, ALAN! YOU USED AND DISPOSED OF PEOPLE! AND WHAT?! TO SUCCEED?!"

Alan: "THEN TELL ME! YOU HAVE EVERYTHING! YOU'VE GOT FAME AND FORTUNE! WHILE I.... am merely rejected. My father never recognized my talents. EVEN FOR ONE BIT! AND SO IT LED ME TO BELIEVE THAT I'LL DO ANYTHING TO GET TO THE TOP, EVEN THROWING MORALITY OUT OF THE WINDOW! I EVEN STOLE KAZUNORI'S WORK! AND NOW, THIS! TELL ME NOW, HOW SHOULD I SUCCEED?! HUH?!"

So that's your life story, huh? Do I pity you? Yes. But that's a lame excuse for what you've done.

Kevin: "Success is not done overnight, Alan. It takes a lot of time. There's no... proven shortcut to it. Dream Alliance had gone through so much, and yet they still stand up.

It's not too late for you, Alan. You're still alive. There is hope for you. Don't let your father see you sink like this."

Alan:
"There is a much better way than that."

WHAT ARE YOU DOING? YOU'RE AIMING THE GUN ON TO YOUR HEAD?! ARE YOU CRAZY?!

Alan: "There's no hope for someone like me, Kevin. I'd die, rather than sink myself lower. I... lost... everything."

Kevin: "NO! DON'T!"

Next thing I hear are another gunshots... but this time around it's not from him. Alan's legs were shot and he falls down. But who did this? Rob?

As I lean on to the wall, and writhing in pain because of the shot, a man in a trenchcoat arrives, stashing his gun back inside his long jacket.

Russell: "You don't play nice with my son anymore, Alan. For that, you'll pay."

I would only pant and breathe heavily, as the man approaches me.

Russell: "Julie sent me here. She's worried."

Julie?! And who are you, anyway? I did see you before, in Lake Maggiore Circuit along with Pietro...

Russell: "I'm Russell Midfield, an acquaintance of hers... and the father of Andy. Let's go. Interpol has already surrounded the compound. Let them take Alan in."

Russell would help me walk, as I hold on to my gunshot wound. Eventually we made it outside, and he brings me to a paramedic to take out the bullet and patch my wound. We watch the Interpol agents arrest some employees, and Alan is on a stretcher, being husked away to the ambulance for treatment.

Rob would also assist the Interpol gather the evidence, or what's left of it. But then he reconvenes outside and managed to see us.

Rob: "Russell..."

Russell: "How's your arm doing?"

Rob: "Feeling better."

Russell: "I've heard what happened to your Hiroyuki. I'm sorry about that."

Rob would only look away, as if fighting his tears.

It's finally over. A new era has just begun...

**********************************************************************************************************************************

Time: 6 pm, one week later

It's a sunny but definitely a gloomy day in Tokyo. Hiroyuki-san's family and the racers of both Dream Alliance teams have gathered for the funeral. Nigel has informed us of such gathering, that is why we're here.

After the burial, we all part ways without even speaking to Nobuhiko-san to send my condolences. It's just too much for him to bear.

We then head back to the hotel, driving a rental car.

20190620214453.jpg

As I drive along, I notice Julie just pondering by the window. Deep in thoughts, perhaps.

20190620214503.jpg

Julie: "You know, one thing worries me. Strangely, it's none of our concern."

Kevin: "What is it?"

Julie: "Pardon me for sounding too negative, but I don't think Dream Alliance will recover."

Kevin: "Why do you say so?"

Julie: "Allow me to give my honest opinion. Takuma is, unquestionably, a very talented driver that deserves utter respect. But as a leader... I doubt it. Same goes to Nobuhiko."

Kevin: "Huh? But those two are headstrong figures."

Julie: "They don't have the same emotional capacity as Hiroyuki-san. If one of them has to run a ship that big, that person must be as level-headed as him. Nigel told me that in the coming days, Hiroyuki-san's last will is going to be read not only to his immediate family, but also to select members of Dream Alliance. I'm genuinely curious as to how it would turn out."

Kevin: "I'm sure Hiroyuki-san has planned his passing very well."

Julie: "I hope so. But the way I see it...

"...Dream Alliance is starting to crumble. I will be so glad to be wrong."

End of Page 13

AUTHOR'S NOTES

- That's just the start of Julie's worries. Next page will be filled with tension.

Page 14 - Broken Bonds

Time: 3 pm, one week later

20190622172727.jpg

With weeks left before the big race, Louis takes the only opportunity he has to practice and get familiar with the newly-opened race track.

20190622172737.jpg

The Chiron LM is running under Balance of Performance regulations. However, mastering the track is Louis' primary concern.

20190622172743.jpg

Louis: "This circuit is big. But strangely it isn't easy to memorize. I've almost crashed a few times during this practice."

20190622172749.jpg

Louis is well aware of the teams competing in FIA WEC series. Big names such as Dream Alliance, Dream Alliance Japan, Team Storm, Team Vision, and Ravenwest will join the fray.

Louis: "And of course... big names are going to clash next week. This is not going to be a smooth sailing race."

***************************************************************************************************************************************************************​

Just a week before the first round, the Hiramoto family, as well as Kanonji Twins and Nigel gather at Hiroyuki's home in Tokyo for the reading of Hiroyuki's last will and testament. Kyoko has prepared snacks. The lawyer arrived shortly thereafter, and everyone sits at the dining table.

Takanori couldn't help but notice the animosity between Nobuhiko and Takuma, as the pair are not on speaking terms since Hiroyuki's passing.

Takanori: "Something's telling me... this day will not end well."

The attorney clears his throat as he opens his briefcase containing the said will.

Lawyer: "Good morning, everyone. Let me now start reading the late Hiroyuki Hiramoto's last will and testament. This shall be brief, but if you have any objections, we can address them later on."

Nobuhiko and Takuma briefly stare at each other, but then the latter quickly turns his attention to Nigel just to avoid as much tension as possible.

Nigel: "Is something wrong?"

Takuma: "Nothing..."

Lawyer: "Let me start first with the Hiramoto Estate Incorporated. Nobuyuki Hiramoto shall now be named the new owner and CEO, with Kyoko Hiramoto as the company secretary. Nobuhiko will also get 30% of the shares."

Nobuyuki: "I see."

Nobuhiko: "No objections to that."

Lawyer: "Next up is the Doumei Incorporated - the official company name of the firm holding two racing teams under its umbrella. Hiroyuki-san has entitled...

...Takuma Kanonji the ownership of the company. The change shall take effect after this statement has been read."

Nobuhiko suddenly gets agitated upon hearing the statement. Takanori looks with concern.

Nobuhiko: "What?!"

Takanori: "I knew it..."

Takuma could only keep on listening and ignore Nobuhiko's protests.

Nobuhiko stands up and gives a cold stare as he points his finger to Takuma.

Nobuhiko: "This man, really? He isn't fit to be one. He broke a promise! If he would pay more attention to my father... he will still be here by now!"

Nobuyuki: "Calm down, little Nobu..."

Nobuhiko: "But... look at him! He doesn't seem to be repentant. He's just there sulking around silently."

Takuma would clench his fists. He's trying to reign in his emotion.

Nobuhiko: "He doesn't even know half of the company's operations. He merely races! Sometimes supervising! I see no doubt of him encouraging the team, but as a leader material? No... just no."

Takuma stands up. He then briefly closes his eyes and breathes out a heavy sigh.

Takuma: "He's right. Well, I don't even know the HR department nor the payroll people. Heck, I don't even know who does the catering. The Hiramotos do. I'm not mad. Just give the damn company to the Hiramotos. They know it way better than I do.

Think of this as a challenge, Nobuhiko. Try to manage a real estate firm and a racing team. I'm barely keeping my adoptive father's real estate afloat back home in London, and sometimes I would even sleep in the office room. Some 300 employees rely their future on me. Go ahead, Nobuhiko. Take it. If you believe I don't deserve to run the Dream Alliance, then take the helm.

And maybe, just maybe, you'll see what I'm faffing about.

Nigel, prepare a written document of me relinquishing control of Doumei Inc. to Nobuhiko Hiramoto. I will sign it, and make sure he signs it as well. I'm sure he will."

Takanori: "Aniki!"

Nigel: "Takuma-san, please..."

Takuma would then let his pent up anger finally out. He could no longer take the guilt, stress, and sadness building up ever since Hiroyuki's passing.

Takuma: "JUST DO IT, NIGEL! Someone here thinks I don't deserve it. Let him have it. I DON'T CARE IF I LOSE A JOB! I'm broken right now! I'd rather manage Sir Ben's company, since I know all of it since my teens. And a leader does not break promises, am I right, Nobuhiko? You could even say I KILLED YOUR FATHER out of negligence. Oh, don't worry Nobuhiko, it will be yours after the first round. I want a final run before I could let everything go."

Nobuhiko would then become speechless. He definitely knew he said too much...

Nobuhiko: "Takuma-san... I..."

Takuma: "Good luck running a large, but tight ship, Nobuhiko. Let's go, Nigel. I'm going back to Nurburgring HQ, clean everything up. And make sure you print that document. I want to see it printed ASAP."

Nigel could only answer weakly, filled with worry and hesitation.

Nigel: "Yes... sir."

Takuma walks out, followed by Nigel. Takanori stands up and would then bow to give an apology on behalf.

Takanori: "Please pardon my twin's reaction. I'm pretty sure he's heavily conflicted right now. I would like to apologize on behalf. Please excuse me."

Takanori heads out as well, and catches up with Takuma who is only staring up the sky. The next thing that would happen...

...is to bend on his knees on the grass and cry.

Takuma: "Forgive me, Hiroyuki-san. I failed... I'm so... pathetic..."

Takanori would bring Takuma up. And the twins would face each other.

Takanori: "Aniki..."

Takuma: "Takanori... I'm okay. Leave me be. I'm sure you'll be fine with Nobuhiko taking charge. He's not going to abandon you. He's a good man."

Takanori: "Are you giving up?"

Takuma: "I'm... tired. Really tired. And now I'll run the entire Dream Alliance? Is that a joke? No offense to Hiroyuki-san, but I'm not suited to run it. I'd rather focus on the real estate in London. One failure is all I could stomach. I can't afford another one.

Once I'm done with the race, I'll let everything go. Good luck to you..."

Takuma and Nigel leave the premises, while Takanori merely looks on with worry. The Dream Alliance is now facing a new dilemma after Alan Long's incarceration.

The alliance...

...has finally been shattered. The team has now entered in its darkest phase.

End of Page 14

I guess I sorta called it when it came to the trigger that would shatter the Dream Alliance. I now think Takuma will go into exile again following the Gr.1 race to avoid the attacks from what's left of the team.

Page 15 - Qualifying of Fury

Time: 11 am, the next day

Life goes on... I guess. Even though I'm no longer affiliated to Dream Alliance, Hiroyuki-san's passing left a profound impact on me too.

He's an inspiration. He guided the team to their glory. He's the brains, while Takuma-san is the brawn.

Speaking of, I haven't heard much from him. Julie is trying to find out.

Today, I am orienting Isaiah to how the team works, but that will be cut short as Julie and my father called us to the meeting room to discuss the championship structure.

As we enter, I see another man at the boardroom table. New member? And he looks very young...

Abel: "Son, we have a new member. His name is Benjamin Kanonji."

Kanonji, huh? Related to Takuma-san? Buuuuuut... he doesn't look Japanese.

The man in question stands up and we proceed to shake hands. He smiles for a bit, but I can also see he's slightly troubled.

Benjamin: "Hi there. My name is Benjamin Kanonji. Nice to meet you."

Kevin: "Kevin Kern. A pleasure to meet you as well. And welcome to our team."

Julie: "Benjamin is the adoptive son of Takuma. He's only 14, but he has skilled hands on formula machines. He has grown fame from karting and is moving up to open cockpit racing. He shall be Isaiah's teammate on our formula division."

Takuma-san's adoptive son? AND HE'S ONLY FOURTEEN?! Surely he'd done a lot of training.

Benjamin: "I also have been granted with a special FIA license for young drivers like me. It gives me the right to own and drive a car on public roads... though buying one would require a parental consent."

Julie: "I believe Benjamin here can coach Isaiah better when it comes to formula one machines."

Kevin: "Ha! Give me a little credit here, Julie."

Julie: "Everyone sit down. Let me discuss the championship schedule, and it piqued my interest."

Julie shows me a chart flashed on the screen. It isn't a typical list of rounds. There are various categories too.

FIA WEC Championship Table

Group 1 - Round 1: Circuit Sainte Croix C / Round 2: Tokyo Expressway East Outer Loop / Round 3: Circuit de La Sarthe

Group 4 - Round 1: Suzuka Circuit / Round 2: Nurburgring GP / Round 3: Brands Hatch Circuit

Group 3 - Round 1: Circuit Sainte Croix B / Round 2: Tokyo Expressway South Outer Loop / Round 3: Willow Springs International Circuit - Big Willow

Hyper Class - Round 1: Dragon Trail Gardens / Round 2: Kyoto Park Yamagiwa Miyabi / Round 3: Nurburging Nordschleife

Round Points:

1st place: 1000 points
2nd place: 750 points
3rd place: 500 points
4th place: 350 points
5th place: 250 points
6th place: 100 points
7th place and below: 50 points

Teams can now participate in any of the classes they desire. There will be a winner for each category, but of course the ultimate goal may as well be the OVERALL CHAMPION as all points for categories joined will be added.

The racing schedule would be as follows:

Group 1 Round 1
Group 4 Round 1
Group 3 Round 1
Hyper Class Round 1

Hence, Group 1 Round 2 would take place after Hyper Class Round 1.

All participating cars are subject to Balance of Performance regulations, including the road-legal Hyper Class category.

For further details regarding the championship, please refer to the document sent to you by the FIA to see the full set of rules and regulations.

Wow... that seems... complicated. And the Hyper Class? Do we have a car for that?

Julie: "They're going for something new this year. Well, that is interesting. Although the Hyper Class... I'm working on that."

Abel: "No need, Ms. Meade. I have already taken care of that. You see, I think you will all be pleased with it. The testing was a success."

Kevin: "What car is that?"

Abel: "You'll find out soon."

Okay... cliche parents surprising their kids. Whatever. I'm ready for that. But one thing suddenly concerns me. Benjamin.

He isn't too... enthusiastic. Something wrong? It's your first day here...

Julie: "Something the matter, Benjamin?"

Benjamin: "Ah... I'm sorry. It's just that I'm worried for my father."

Julie: "What about him?"

Benjamin: "I just had a talk with him yesterday. He's depressed. Apparently he is to control the Dream Alliance after being chosen by the late Hiroyuki-san according to the will, but Nobuhiko clearly objected. To be honest, I am finding it impressive for my father to manage two things at a time. His adoptive father's company is starting to recover from its losses, and now the entire Dream Alliance which... you know. He dropped the ownership of the team after a tension in the residence. He felt that he failed on fulfilling a promise. Now I told everything.... oh bugger."

It must have been too tough for someone like Takuma-san, huh? Even men like him have limits. Now I know why...

Julie: "Well, no need to call on Nigel, then. But I wonder what will happen to the rest of the racers? There could be a re-organization. Something like that."

Benjamin: "That's a possibility."

Julie: "Let's not worry about that, okay? You made a decision to join us, and not your father's team."

One week left before the big day. I gotta get answers from Takuma-san...

Time: 9 am, one week later

It's the big day. The FIA WEC is officially started. Look at all the major sponsors! And my followers have flocked all the way to see me! A group selfie is in order!

Kevin: "All right! Say cheese!"

Gotta post that to my Instagram. As of today, I have garnered 8.5 million followers.

Before we could start racing, a qualifying session takes place, naturally. And I am seeing big names in motorsport. Such as Ravenwest.

(Background Music - Stratus: You Must Follow)

20190623164109.jpg

They're hard at work setting the best qualifying lap times. It's going to be tough. The two Dream Alliance teams are here too... as if no tension happened between them.

20190623164137.jpg

20190623164202.jpg

20190623164237.jpg

And Takuma-san is piloting that glorious Mazda LM55. Gotta hear that 4 rotor scream.

Next, is the crowd favorite of Group 1 class, Louis Montagny from the Blue Streak racing team.

20190623164301.jpg

Meanwhile, Kazunori-san may not be here, but the Team Vision Gran Turismo has finally taken back what was stolen from them. Marina Ohno is at the helm of that Audi Vision Gran Turismo. Mine is better, of course! Ha!

20190623164332.jpg

And then on to our team. I trust Kiehl so much when it comes to precision driving. He had beaten Dream Alliance's lap times back then.

20190623164356.jpg

20190623164407.jpg

Seems like Ravenwest has re-organized yet again. Apparently some of its top brass were arrested for involvement with Alan Long.

And Francois Montagny is in his road to redemption.

20190623164119.jpg

I was also surprised that Rob Hatch exited from Dream Alliance too. Though it happened before Hiroyuki-san's passing. I guess Hiroyuki-san and Rob had a hearty talk back then.

20190623164143.jpg

Takanori-san is at the helm of the Toyota TS050 Hybrid. I guess the twins are having a little contest now.

20190623164207.jpg

20190623164243.jpg

I wonder if the Bugatti Chiron LM could pose a threat considering that a top Group 1 contender is behind the wheel.

20190623164307.jpg

You gotta praise electric motors, they're doing an effective job of helping the car coming out of the corners for brief bursts.

20190623164338.jpg

I know you could this, Kiehl. Though I wonder if we could be the fastest today.

20190623164402.jpg

However, both the SRT Tomahawk and the Mazda LM55 have the highest speeds on the track. The track has a mixture of long straights and tight bends.

20190623164126.jpg

20190623164249.jpg

Will Bugatti make an epic comeback in the racing world as well?

20190623164313.jpg

Dream Alliance Japan has shown a solid performance even without me.

20190623164213.jpg

20190623164219.jpg

20190623164225.jpg

Pretty much everyone is giving everything they got. Relax... lap times do not always reflect how fast one is. They do not determine who wins in a dogfight.

20190623164344.jpg

20190623164149.jpg

20190623164319.jpg

Even Kiehl knows that...

20190623164413.jpg

The qualifying session is about to end. Let's see those lap times!

20190623164132.jpg

Ravenwest:
2:57.409

20190623164156.jpg

Storm: 2:59.366

20190623164231.jpg

Dream Alliance Japan: 2:57.505

20190623164255.jpg

Dream Alliance: 2:56.358

20190623164326.jpg

Blue Streak: 3:01.616

20190623164349.jpg

Team Vision Gran Turismo: 2:56.209

20190623164419.jpg

And finally! We did 2:56.411. Great job, Kiehl. You can recuperate. The race shall start at 1 pm.

The standings:

1. Team Vision Gran Turismo: 2:56.209

2. Dream Alliance: 2:56.358

3. Geschwindigkeit: 2:56.411

4. Ravenwest: 2:57.409

5. Dream Alliance Japan: 2:57.505

6. Storm: 2:59.366

7. Blue Streak: 3:01.616

We're in third. But the most shocking is the Blue Streak placed in 7th. A lot of racing fans are rooting for Louis. I guess BoP doesn't always favor the bold.

A pre-race orientation will take place at 11 am. But before that, we have little time to relax.

As I head back at the paddock, I see Nobuhiko alone, just sitting down. I would approach him, just to give my condolences.

Kevin: "Nobuhiko-san. I heard what happened. I'm sorry. I'm here to give my condolences."

Nobuhiko: "Thank you. But I guess we have to move on and give it all to this race. There's no time for grieving. Especially that..."

Kevin: "I also know what happened to the team. Did you try reaching out to Takuma-san again?"

Nobuhiko: "I didn't. I don't want to."

He would then stand up. By the way, the way he said that was in a rather condescending tone.

Kevin: "Why?"

Nobuhiko: "It's just right for him to give up the leadership. He failed. He didn't live up to his promises."

What?! What are you saying? Woah woah... hold on. I suddenly feel...

Nobuhiko: "A good leader must live up to his word. Sorry to say, but Takuma-san is... spineless."

Hearing him say that... I never expected that. I'm clenching my fists. Takuma-san is not like that! Are you even aware of what's going on with him?!

Nobuhiko: "And now he has the audacity to show up here to race as his final act. He could have just skipped this race, if has truly lost his face. My father could have lived... if he kept his word."

Are you hearing yourself talk?! YOU'RE TALKING NONSENSE! Is your grief taking over your head?!

Kevin: "Nobuhiko-san..."

And out of the blue...

...I punch him. With all my anger, that is. It's so strong, that he fell down on his chair. But as he stands up, I gave him another punch.

Kevin: "HOW DARE YOU! IS THAT YOUR GRIEF TALKING?! DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT TAKUMA-SAN IS GOING THROUGH?!"

Nobuhiko: "K-Kevin..."

Kevin: "SHUT UP! YOU'RE THE SPINELESS ONE! OUT OF ALL PEOPLE, YOU SHOULD BE THE ONE TAKING CARE OF YOUR FATHER! ALL YOU CARE IS BEING THE FASTEST IN JAPAN, AND YET YOU WEREN'T AWARE YOUR FATHER WAS AT DEATH'S DOOR! WHAT KIND OF A SON ARE YOU?!"

I don't care if I attract attention here.

Kevin: "YOU'RE BLAMING EVERYTHING ON ONE PERSON, WHO SHOULDN'T EVEN BE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR FATHER'S WELL-BEING IN THE FIRST PLACE! IT SHOULD BE YOU! YOU!!!"

Nobuhiko stands up once more, and as he is about to push me, I give him another punch on the other side of the face. I don't mind doing it again and again until all your teeth fall out.

Nobuhiko: "Ah..."

Kevin: "STAY DOWN THERE. Hah... hah... "

I would then point my finger at him as he is struggling to stand up.

Kevin: "Don't you ever dare encounter me on the race later. You will not like it. Your mere presence now offends me. If there's anyone breaking the team apart, IT'S YOU."

I would then storm out, through the crowd who witnessed the exchange.

And next... I'm trembling. I'm trembling with rage.

Takuma-san... hang in there. Please...

End of Page 15

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

- Wow... never expected Kevin to lash out like that. But still, Hiroyuki Rage™ for the win. And we'll miss that.

- And with that, Takuma has found an unlikely pillar of support.

- To those who are available as a duel volunteer, please do PM me.

Page 16 - The Beginning Hours

I was really shocked. Really... really shocked. How could Dream Alliance enter in such discord? Nobuhiko-san is blaming Takuma-san for his father's death.

Out of all people, why trust someone who isn't even your relative to watch over your family member's well-being? And it's should even be just a family issue, right? Nobuhiko-san is the one who should be doing that. Or... even Hiroyuki-san should have just returned to Japan and have him monitored by his family.

Ah... whatever. I'm still trembling. Though of course it's subsiding as the pre-race orientation takes place. The race is going to last for 6 hours. And those who have joined the Repecharge will automatically be eligible for the 2nd round of the Group 1 class, regardless on how they finished or even retirement.

Today is going to be a tension-filled event. This is when war between rivals will truly ensue.

As we return to our respective pit garages, Takuma-san suddenly approaches me.

Takuma: "Kevin, may I have a word with you?"

Kevin: "Uh.. sure. What is it?"

Takuma: "I saw what you did earlier."

Is he talking about that skirmish a while back? And oh look... he actually smiled.

Takuma: "Am I cruel if... I said "thanks" to you?"

Kevin: "Ummm... not at all. I just did it because he said too much."

Takuma: "I'm trying to keep my emotion in check, actually. I could have done the same to him, you know?"

Kevin: "You don't deserve the blame, Takuma-san. That Nobu guy is just... irresponsible."

Takuma: "But you can't blame him either. He never knew his father for much of his life, and after their reunion he tried his very best to bond with him. So you can really see where he's coming from."

Kevin: "What are you going to do next? You've relinquished control of the Dream Alliance..."

Takuma: "After the race, I shall make an announcement. But I have to make sure that this final race of mine be a swansong. Give your best, will ya?

"Your fire reminds me of the flame I once had, Kevin. Keep it burning..."

After mentioning that, he simply pat on my shoulder. Keep it burning, huh?

********************************************************************************************************************************

The race has finally began. Just an hour after, however, we encountered a brake problem.

But Kiehl is as cool as ever. He merely waits for the crew to replace all four brakes.

20190630185646.jpg

We're cleared for taking off. I trust Kiehl's precision to make up the ground we lost. We are clearly behind from our rivals.

20190630185653.jpg

20190630185659.jpg

20190630185943.jpg

Rob: "Alan Long has been dealt with. Time to move to the second phase..."

20190630185953.jpg

20190630190016.jpg

Dream Alliance Japan's TS050 pits in. Takanori-san is at the helm. I try my very best not to have even an eye contact to Nobuhiko-san.

20190630190032.jpg

And it actually enters the pit garage! Mechanical issues, that's for sure. Well, they were trying to overtake Takuma-san's LM55.

20190630190016.jpg

The Vision Gran Turismo team still going strong.

20190630190025.jpg

A few laps later, I am watching a duel... it's Francois vs. Louis. I just hope Francois behaves like a true racer this time.

(Background Music: Pompeii (Kat Krazy Remix) - Bastille)

20190630190038.jpg

Francois: "I've been waiting for this, Louis. Today, what you're seeing is a changed man."

20190630190045.jpg

Louis: "Well well well... I've heard Ravenwest has an entire new set of employees. Have you truly changed?"

20190630190052.jpg

Francois: "I gotta admit I'm still lusting over that Bugatti. However I accept the fact that I can merely look at its beauty."

20190630190058.jpg

20190630190104.jpg

Looks like Louis still has the edge. After all, he has to make an epic comeback after having a lackluster qualifying time.

20190630190110.jpg

20190630190117.jpg

Francois: "Yes, finally!"

However, it seems that Francois' braking needs work...

20190630190123.jpg

Louis: "Too early!"

20190630190129.jpg

Francois: "You really are the Blue Streak of Europe... But that will soon be erased."

20190630190135.jpg

20190630190141.jpg

Louis: "I need no hybrid system to get me out of corners. I trust this Bugatti's traditional four-wheel drive!"

20190630190149.jpg

Louis: "But I gotta admit, Francois is getting better. Plus, the SRT's speed is definitely faster than mine."

20190630190155.jpg

Louis: "But I can block his overtakes by hugging the outside after the braking. Patience pays off, Francois. Ha!"

20190630190201.jpg

Francois: "Another passing attempt! Let's see if you can reverse this one!"

20190630190207.jpg

Judging from the footage, it seems that I'm seeing a pattern. Louis takes the outside lane and brake late to compensate the Bugatti's lack of speed. He would then use his position to block every passing attempt his rival makes.

20190630190213.jpg

Something I'd take note of for later. If I get to trifle with him.

It's not yet the halfway point, and I can already feel the tension at its highest level! How am I going to fare once its my turn?

End of Page 16

LIVERY CONTEST!

That's right! It's once again your time to show your creative juices!

This time around, you will give these babies a makeover:

20190701195443.jpg

F1500T-A and the new Red Bull X2019 Competition!

Here's the team logo:

formulageschwindigkeit.png

(SVG file can be downloaded below)

Rules:

Participants must send to me photos and the link of the two cars. However, car liveries are judged individually.

Team Number: 97

Color Scheme: Blue, Red. and White

No offensive decals allowed. Please keep it clean. Simple as that.

Submission Date: July 13. 2019

Winners will be announced at the end of this arc.

The winning cars will be featured in a future story arc.

Attachments

• formulageschwindigkeit.svg
    14.3 KB · Views: 9
Page 17 - Blue Smudge

My eyes are still glued on the screen as the camera focuses on the duel between Ravenwest and Blue Streak. I'm definitely interested on Louis Montagny's driving style.

20190707081720.jpg

(Background Music: Pompeii (Kat Krazy Remix) - Bastille)

Julie would then fill in my curiosity, as she has been keeping tabs too.

Julie: "It's the perfect opportunity to witness the wrath of Zephyr."

Kevin: "Zephyr?"

Julie: "Before Louis became a seasoned racer as he is like now, he was the most ruthless street racer in Canada."

20190707081726.jpg

Julie: "Hmph! Even someone like Rob Hatch tips his hat over that French racer. You'd best fight him prepared."

20190707081732.jpg

Louis is that fast, huh? Rob Hatch is a badass in whatever he does, and he can be humbled by Louis...

20190707081738.jpg

Seems like the SRT Tomahawk is struggling. It no longer shows its consistency through the corners.

20190707081744.jpg

Francois: "The tires are starting to give up on me. I've pushed too much."

But he went on and charged anyway. The long straight is perfect for the Tomahawk. And I think that killed the Bugatti's qualifying time.

20190707081750.jpg

But Louis is moving in once again, and I think Julie's words are starting to become concrete.

20190707081756.jpg

20190707081803.jpg

Francois: "What?! He's diving to that corner too fast?! Are your brakes okay or something?!"

20190707081809.jpg

Louis: "Maybe you've forgotten who I once was, eh?"

On the final corner, the SRT understeered and scrapes on the guardrail.

20190707081815.jpg

Francois: "Forget it. At least I've put up a decent fight with you, right? This is just the beginning, Louis!"

20190707081822.jpg

Louis: "Hmph... you have gotten better. That's all I can think of you for now. I think we can play again sometime."

End of Page 17

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

- I'll probably post the Audi VGT vs. R18 duel by tomorrow.

- Here's another Team Neo car that is coming soon:

20190707081656.jpg

20190707081702.jpg

20190707081828.jpg

What is Team Neo? Feel free to put in some theories.

Page 18 - Eight Rings

One more hour has passed, and thankfully done without incident, we managed to slowly climb up the ranks.

20190708194618.jpg

While we do have a livestream cockpit view for our fans, I still have my eyes on the race cam. It seems that Janine has drawn Marina in.

20190708194628.jpg

This is no ordinary catfight, that's for sure!

(Background Music: Wings of Fire - Jee Bee)

20190708194635.jpg

This one definitely deserves a highlight since it's rare in this field to see women duelling like this.

20190708194658.jpg

That Audi VGT is seriously fast though...

20190708194704.jpg

Janine relies on drafting to keep up. Diesel engines can only dream of having a strong top end.

But Marina would eventually mess up.

20190708194710.jpg

Janine: "Whew, and here I thought you have no blemishes."

Marina: "Dammit, I kicked in the accelerator way too early."

Much to the delight of the spectators, the two Audis are neck-in-neck at the main straight.

20190708194717.jpg

20190708194724.jpg

But the VGT's more powerful electric motors give it more edge on cornering exits.

20190708194730.jpg

Our car fights back with faster cornering speed, though...

20190708194736.jpg

20190708194743.jpg

Janine: "You were quite consistent in your laps earlier, Marina. Seems like your car has to go to the pits."

Janine gives it another go at the long straight. Yes, she takes Marina's spot again!

20190708194749.jpg

However, that was short-lived. But that went down without a catch, either.

20190708194756.jpg

Janine: "The VGT overshoots the hairpin! Excessive speed entry!"

20190708194802.jpg

Seeing the advantageous situation, I phoned in.

Kevin: "Janine, put pressure on her. Keep at it and she will snap."

20190708194808.jpg

Janine: "No need to tell me, Kevin. That's exactly what I'm doing!"

20190708194814.jpg

She said it in gusto. I'm happy that she, and Kiehl have decided to stay with us even though that Alan is behind bars. I've got to make their stay very worthwhile.

Time to think of a reward...

20190708194820.jpg

That would be set aside for later, though. Marina is still pushing it.

Marina: "Backing down is the last thing I'll ever do!"

Janine: "Persistent wench, aren't you?"

20190708194827.jpg

Persistence has its limits, you know? But hey, Marina wasn't recruited by Kazunori-san for nothing.

20190708194833.jpg

At this point, however, it's clear that we have the better weapon. And with a matching driver.

20190708194839.jpg

All Janine needs to do is one simple overtake...

20190708194845.jpg

And just like that, the VGT understeers, the front tires finally taking its toll due to the immense power of the electric motors. The R18 has a similar setup, and the same can be said, but the power delivery is better managed.

20190708194851.jpg

Janine: "Status report. Fuel 62%, tires are still okay. Batteries are performing at full capacity."

Kevin: "Got it. Don't worry, we should be able to fix the transmission of the telemetry data. Could be a broken antenna. Let's sort that out later."

End of Page 18

Page 19 - Rupture

Janine's stint has finished after she pitted in two laps after that brief duel against Marina.

It's now my turn...

After strapping in and all the necessary replacements were done, I'm all clear to go.

And as it turns out, Dream Alliance Japan's TS050 Hybrid is not that far away from us. To top it all off, it's Nobuhiko taking the helm.

I left the pit lane... triggered. I knew this is going to happen.

20190710173941.jpg

Hey... didn't I tell you to stay away from me? Fine, since you didn't listen, allow me to show the consequence. I don't care if this will be seen by my fans. This is personal.

20190710173952.jpg

If there's someone to blame for tearing the Dream Alliance apart, IT'S YOU.

20190710173958.jpg

Takuma-san did everything... EVERYTHING, including your father, to keep the team from falling apart. Your father even had to make a separate division to inspire the young generation of racers! What did you do, huh?!

My first sign of attack - brake checking.

20190710174004.jpg

20190710174010.jpg

Nobuhiko: "Brake check! Good thing I reflexively avoided it... whew. What are you doing?!"

Sorry if I act like a petty brat from this moment on. If only I could get out and punch you again, I would. That's a much better option.

20190710174016.jpg

You... you only cared being the fastest in your country. You are even tagging yourself to your father's achievements and his past exploits. What have you achieved for yourself?! Being the GT500 Legend? I'm afraid...

...that's WEAK!

20190710174023.jpg

This is the global stage, Nobuhiko! You think you're the greatest just because you're fast in your country? That's wishful thinking.

20190710174029.jpg

At least the Kanonji Twins did something far more than you ever did.

20190710174036.jpg

I attempted another brake check, but Nobuhiko managed to slip past.

20190710174042.jpg

20190710174048.jpg

I'm not done yet, you silver-haired S.O.B.

As to wake him up, I punted him a bit.

20190710174055.jpg

Nobuhiko: "AH!"

Feel that? Or perhaps my punches to your face made you numb?

20190710174102.jpg

He's going to pass me yet again...

...but I am blocking his attempt by scraping paint with him. I briefly looked to my right, with my eyes squinting in anger. I then steer the wheel to the right, in order to bring the TS050 to the wall. But of course he slowed down to prevent further damage.

20190710174109.jpg

Nobuhiko: "What the hell is his problem?! I thought Geschwindigkeit peeps race precisely..."

20190710174115.jpg

I told you to stay away from me, right? You will truly not like what's going to happen. Like I said earlier...

20190710174122.jpg

...your mere presence now offends me.

20190710174129.jpg

You have the audacity to blame your father's death to Takuma-san... when in fact he did everything he can in his power to keep the team alive and afloat.

Maybe you should ask yourself. Why did your father entrust the team to Takuma-san, and not to you? Poor entitled brat.

20190710174136.jpg

If he truly loved you, then why did Takuma-san deserve the helm? And now he gave it up to you. I know what it means. What about you? Do you know the meaning behind what Takuma-san did?

20190710174142.jpg

Nope, you're not passing me. One move and I'll end you.

Nobuhiko: "I don't care who you are. I won't yield today! I gotta win this... for my father. I know he's watching up there."

20190710174149.jpg

You're such a Papa's Boy. Your world revolves around him. I get it, you were apart for most of your life, but that doesn't mean you are going to spin around him and ask for good graces. Being the fastest is more than just running circles around Suzuka Circuit! Who truly neglected your father? IT WAS YOU!

20190710174155.jpg

At the corner exit, I smashed the throttle to exit the corner with much gusto. I took back the position swiftly.

I took the next set of corners with my foot buried on the throttle. Downforce is your best friend in this section.

20190710174202.jpg

Nobuhiko: "I knew it... the way he threatened me earlier. It's Kevin-san. You clearly are on Takuma-san's side, and I do get why. I admit, I may have said too much to him."

20190710174208.jpg

Nobuhiko: "But if anything, I am the one who can run the team better than he does! I have the resources, the people, and the know-how on how the team runs! My father gave me the logistics. He taught me everything!"

Running the team doesn't just involve resource management. You've got to have the heart too. And it's clear that Takuma-san has a bigger one than yours.

Nobuhiko: "Tell me, Kevin... what does it take to run a team? How do you run yours?!"

Nobuhiko is aiming squarely at me. I did a slight mistake of entering the corner too fast, that the R18 understeered.

20190710174214.jpg

However, as if fate is ganging up on him, the TS050 spins out. You buried the throttle too early, Papa's Boy. You've got to worry about the power surge from the batteries too.

Nobuhiko: "ARGH! I was too feisty on the pedal!"

20190710174220.jpg

Hmph. Serves you right, moron. Don't worry though, I'll behave nicely the next time we meet.

20190710174226.jpg

Auf Wiedersehen.

Kevin: "Hmph! Scheiße!"

I meant that to be heard by my livestream viewers. And Julie suddenly phoned in.

Julie: "You know, I don't actually approve of what you just did."

Kevin: "Sorry, but I've got a lesson to teach. And I have to get it off my chest the soonest way possible."

End of Page 19

Page 20 - Next Phase

Two hours has gone by without an incident. Geschwindigkeit is still in 2nd place, with Dream Alliance surprisingly sitting on the lead despite Takuma's slump.

In the Team Storm's pit garage, things are pretty much normal and routine. Owen is recuperating, covering his ears with a headset to listen to the tunes. A woman, hailing from Hong Kong, named Tammy Xiang, a new member in the ranks, approaches him. She would then tap his shoulder to get his attention.

Tammy: "Excuse me, may I ask something?"

Owen pauses the music and takes off his expensive headset.

Owen: "Yes?"

Tammy: "I couldn't help but wonder about Rob's "next phase" of his plan? What is that?"

Owen: "My half-brother can really be enigmatic. Even I am kept in the dark. Don't worry though, you deserve to know, and once I got hold of any info about it, you'll be the one to find out first. Trust him. He knows what's best."

20190711204330.jpg

Meanwhile, the McLaren VGT and Bugatti Chiron LM are having a showdown... seems like the rivalry between Rob and Louis has once again kicked off.

20190711204340.jpg

Rob: "How cute, Bugatti returning to racing after decades of being forgotten?"

20190711204346.jpg

But Louis is definitely eager to outshine his nemesis.

Louis: "What a weird-looking car, mon ami. Did a five-year old kid design that?"

20190711204352.jpg

Again, the positions have constantly swapped.

20190711204359.jpg

But suddenly... it seems that Louis has shown some concern.

Louis: "Oh Rob... how long can we keep this charade?"

20190711204405.jpg

Louis: "We have clearly used our rivalry to put everyone's attention on it... and make sure you can move without any hint of suspicion. And now, what is this "next phase" you're talking about?"

20190711204411.jpg

Louis: "May I need to remind you... that I poured most of my funding to form Team Storm because you need my help. Don't keep me in the dark, baldy."

Rob has suddenly lost control, as if to create excitement among spectators. But it wasn't intentional, either...

20190711204417.jpg

Rob: "Don't be so smug, Frenchie. I have yet to control this cheeky little thing. Don't worry as well, you'll be hearing from me what I'll be doing next. So keep up with what we're supposed to do."

20190711204422.jpg

Rob: "We have to keep appearances for now. Only you and Owen know what's TRULY going on. My wife will know it soon as well."

20190711204429.jpg

The McLaren displays its speed advantage over the Bugatti, thanks in part to its minuscule, but powerful electric motors.

20190711204435.jpg

However, the Bugatti's sure-footedness compensate. In fact, out of all the cars in its class, it has the fastest time in the final sector of the course.

And then... the McLaren has started to lag at the corner exit of the first turn.

20190711204440.jpg

Rob: "Whoa... something's not right. Why did it turn laggy?"

The car's LCD display at the driver windshield conveys a following message:

"Secondary Turbine Malfunctioned."

20190711204446.jpg

Rob: "Bloody hell... really? You're gonna cost me the Group 1 category?"

This prompts Rob to slow down. He has no choice but to enter the pit lane.

20190711204452.jpg

Louis: "Au revoir, mon ami. See you soon. Fix that thing before you can fix bigger problems. Toodaloo!"

End of Page 20

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

Rob: "We have to keep appearances for now. Only you and Owen know what's TRULY going on. My wife will know it soon as well."

- Ooooh... what is Rob now implying? You'll find out more as the story progresses into its new chapter. With the Dream Alliance breaking apart, this is may as well be the new dilemma that everyone in the racing world will face.

Page 21 - The Torch

It's only half an hour left before the race ends. It's all up to me to make the win. The entire crew has done everything they could to keep the R18 running. And for that, I will make sure their efforts will pay off!

Thankfully, I finally managed to keep up with the leader. It's Takuma-san. And to think, he's giving up everything he fought for...

20190714071019.jpg

...yet he runs like it's his last. Please, Takuma-san... think this through.

We may have a little dispute back then, but my respect to you will never waver.

Takuma: "Is that Kevin? Well, I think he is, judging how he keeps up. Only he can pull that off. Fine then, let me see the fire you have."

20190714071026.jpg

Is he challenging me? Well, I'm afraid I will have to grab the top spot. I've got to win, respect notwithstanding.

20190714071032.jpg

Wow...

...the LM55 corners flat. It just goes through the bends with very little understeer. Although I make ground thanks to the extra boost that the batteries provide.

20190714071039.jpg

And that screaming 4 rotor noise will tell you that car and driver's intention to win.

(Background Music: Breaking Out - Ace)

20190714071045.jpg

Takuma: "Where is it, Kevin? Didn't you use to have this brave persona? Or maybe perhaps my situation pulled you down as well?

THEN DON'T! RACE FOR YOUR FUTURE! DON'T YOU WORRY ABOUT ME!"

20190714071051.jpg

Unbelievable speed! That LM55 makes mincemeat of this straightaway!

Takuma: "I don't need any complicated batteries. It's just me and the car in sync! Both of us compensate for that lack of extra juice that you hybrids have."

20190714071057.jpg

20190714071103.jpg

Takuma-san is definitely egging me to give him a challenge. I'm already struggling. I thought you're giving up?!

20190714071110.jpg

Takuma: "Hiroyuki-san saw a great deal of potential from you. Don't disappoint him. And to think, he asked ME to take care of you."

20190714071116.jpg

Whew... I managed to hang on the LM55's tail again. But I could have killed the tires at this point. Well.. they still grip, thankfully.

20190714071122.jpg

At this point, I can only rely on the batteries to provide the juice I need to exit the turns much faster. But the trouble is, I can only recharge only a tiny bit of power because of the gentle turns that require little braking.

20190714071128.jpg

On the long straight, I managed to corner just as fast in order for me to catch his slipstream. I'm still hanging.

20190714071134.jpg

Takuma: "Good. Very good, in fact. You do remind me of the fire I once had."

But then again, the LM55's cornering puts me back at square one.

20190714071140.jpg

Takuma: "Kevin... I think you can shape the future of racing much better than I can do. I know you have it. All I need to do now, is to fan your flame. Make it bigger, and burn brighter."

20190714071146.jpg

Takuma: "COME ON, KEVIN! YOU HAVE THE FIRE!"

20190714071152.jpg

The gap is widening! Takuma-san is giving everything he got!

20190714071158.jpg

This bright sunset... symbolizes Takuma-san's final stint of greatness. His fire burning brightly before it goes out. What a depressing sight.

20190714071204.jpg

20190714071211.jpg

Looks like I can't stop you, Takuma-san. Maybe you do deserve rest. You've done a lot, and you're no superhero either.

20190714071216.jpg

Takuma: "I'm passing the torch to you, Kevin. Or rather, I'll give my flame to strengthen yours. I guess this is a fitting end to my racing career..."

After a few more laps, the race has come to an end. Takuma-san deservedly takes the victory.

20190714071222.jpg

While I finished 2nd, around 15 seconds away from him.

20190714071228.jpg

Blue Streak finishes 3rd, not too far away from me, either.

20190714071235.jpg

Team Vision GT finishes 4th, while Dream Alliance Japan gets 5th and then Ravenwest on 6th. Team Storm retired after a malfunction, apparently.

The top 10 finishers would be able to move on to the next round of this category, which will take place some time later.

**************************************************************************************************************************************************************

After the awards ceremony, we head back to our respective pit garages. As expected, Dream Alliance is not in a celebratory mood. A post-race conference shall take place shortly.

I then removed my gloves and placed them on the table. I took a deep sigh. Why do I feel depressed? I should be happy that we finished 2nd. Is it because of what will happen next?

Julie: "Great work, Kevin. Though I'm surprised that Dream Alliance isn't too happy."

Kevin: "I'm pretty sure Takuma-san will drop a bombshell in the conference later. I wonder how will the racing world react."

Julie: "It's his call. Not ours. We can't do anything about it."

An hour later, the conference takes place. Takuma, Louis, and I are at the long table being interviewed by various sports media outlets. While Louis and I answered questions smoothly, Takuma-san, on the other hand...

Takuma: "Let me just take this opportunity to make an important announcement. Surely you know what the team is going through right now. The death of our precious racing chief has left a profound impact to all of us in the organization. First of all, I want to thank everyone who has supported us in the past five years. We fought not only for glory, but also for the betterment of the racing world. We faced numerous struggles, but in the end we always spring back up and ready to take on the next.

And without further adieu...

...from this moment on, Dream Alliance Global has been dissolved.

The team has been re-organized after Hiroyuki-san's death, and I have decided to step down to pursue an entirely different venture. We've been through countless meetings and have decided to take on this route. Again, I want to thank everyone, including our sponsors, who have tirelessly lent their support for five years. Please do believe in the new leader of the team - Nobuhiko Hiramoto - who I believe will carry on his father's legacy. Rest assured, he will bring the new organization to new heights."

And just like that... the whole world witnesses a star's fall from grace. I remained calm, but deep down, I'm weeping. Takuma-san stands up in front of the crowd and bows. He then leaves, being followed by a few reporters who want to get more information.
Louis is even surprised at the revelation. What a day it is. It marks an end of an era.

Immediately, I also stood up and make a quick sprint to Takuma-san.

Kevin: "Takuma-san! Hey!"

He's stopped on his tracks and turns his attention to me.

Takuma: "Kevin."

Kevin: "You've finally said it, huh? No turning back?"

Takuma: "I've made up my mind. I've done enough, Kevin."

Kevin: "Think of the mess it would create..."

Takuma: "Let Nobuhiko clean it up, then. He's capable, as all. That's the challenge I'm giving to him."

Kevin: "Then they will judge you. They'll call you a quitter."

Takuma: "Call me what they want. I don't care. They can't sway me back, either. I want this burden to be taken off. I'm tired of carrying it."

Then he smiles, and pats his hand on my shoulder.

Takuma: "You've got the fire, Kevin. Keep it burning for me, will ya? I entrust you the future of the racing world. Allow me to rest... please."

Then it's a challenge I'm willing to take. All right, Takuma-san. I won't stop you. Thank you for trusting me. I won't break it.

Kevin: "All right, Takuma-san. Just sit back and watch."

Takuma: "And this is just between us, okay? Hiroyuki-san told me on his deathbed to take care of you. And since I'm entrusting everything to you, I will help you to fulfill it. That's a promise to him that I intend on keeping. I broke one promise, and I can't afford breaking another one. Just... give me some room to breathe."

Kevin: "Take as much time as you want, okay? My team and I will handle this. You can count on us!"

He then extends his hand and closed his fist. I then proceeded to bump it with mine. He would then smile again. How I wish to see more of that proud smile of his.

Get some rest, Takuma-san. You definitely earned it. It's my turn to shine, and make you proud. I will keep the fire burning!

End of Page 21

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

- Next page shall mark as the conclusion of this arc. And prepare for a bombshell...

Back