RCKakashi14's GT Sport Fanfiction - ON HOLD

Page 17 - Training in Hell

Time: 7 pm; the next day

Vincenzo makes it back to the team he once raced for... unofficially, that is. However, Pietro is optimistic that his father would accept him back, believing that the two will bury the hatchet.

The pair picks up the repainted (and re-registered by Russell) Enzo and head back to Modena.

20190210211241.jpg

Upon arriving the mansion, Vincenzo smirks upon seeing the foyer for the first time since his incarceration.

Vincenzo: "I kinda miss being treated like royalty."

Pietro: "You'll have that back."

Vincenzo: "Heh. Who says I need it?"

The duo then enter the mansion. Vincenzo looks around, up and down the hall, still marvelling at the Renaissance-style flair that the mansion exudes.

Vincenzo: "This mansion... or should I say, palace... hasn't changed one bit."

Giorgio meets the pair, but the animosity between him and Vincenzo is still apparent. But the latter would only show a smile to quickly ease the tension.

Giorgio: "Good to see you again, Vincenzo."

Vincenzo: "Much like this place, you haven't changed too."

The dinner then has been served. The trio head over to the large dining room and sit down and wait as the servants lay down the meals on the table. The butler then pours wine to each one of the glasses.

Vincenzo: "Rosso di Montalcino... oh how I miss the taste."

Pietro takes a big gulp, as he is prepared to deliver his piece to his father. He had to provide an explanation to appease,

Pietro: "Papa... I brought him back to the team... because I believe he has the skills needed for the VLN. I know both of you aren't in the best of terms right now, but..."

Giorgio then interrupts, however.

Giorgio: "I know. But I cannot stop you, am I right? You call the shots now..."

He then pauses to look at his former racer, giving him a serious look.

Giorgio: "...and I believe you can make the best decisions."

Pietro: "So, it's okay with you? Just like that?"

Giorgio: "Whatever works for you, son. I am for your best interests."

Pietro is delighted to hear his father's quick approval.

Pietro: "Great! Oh, shoot... Can I just go to the bathroom? You two go ahead and start eating."

Upon starting to dine, Giorgio clearly still hasn't gotten over the mess back then. He gives Vincenzo the mean look.

Giorgio: "All right, what do you want?"

Vincenzo: "Oh... I miss looking at that scowl of yours. Like seriously, would you lie to your son? If he finds out, he'll fly away from the coop again."

Giorgio: "I haven't forgotten what you've done."

Vincenzo: "Look who's talking. As if you're the cleanest person in this room. May I need to remind you who you partnered with? A woman named Julie Meade?"

Giorgio: "And what about her? How do you know?"

Vincenzo: "I'm merely concerned on where you put your money. I just want to make sure, if your investments are on the... legal side."

Giorgio: "What are you talking about?!"

Vincenzo: "Interpol is chasing after her right at this moment. Are you even sure that your money is in a legitimate organization?"

Giorgio: "The Vision Gran Turismo Project? Oh certainly it is!"

Vincenzo: "Are you even aware who's running it right now? Kazunori Yamauchi is lying low as we speak. You're out of the loop, old man. What if she got caught? She'll definitely talk and spill the beans."

Giorgio: "Why did my son bother recruiting you back? What did you do to him? And how do you know all of this?!"

Vincenzo: "He'll be disappointed if you don't approve of me. Much more if you're caught lying. He needs me. Don't you ever dare think the Nurburgring is a playground much like how you treat other race tracks. I can see genuine change from that kid, and don't you dare deny him of it. Your intervention only slowed his growth, and yet you fail to see that. I will toughen him up, as opposed to pampering him like you used to.

Oh, and how I knew your shenanigans? Jail time. I happened to share a cell with someone who worked on the project who apparently has a hand on murdering one of the researchers. A scapegoat, in short.

You don't have a choice at this very moment, old man. All you can do... is shut up. Wrongly accusing me isn't going to put me down."

But just as the tension is about to go out of hand, Pietro returns, and is shocked to see that they haven't started eating yet.

Pietro: "You haven't started?"

Giorgio smiles as he faces his son in order to shake off the tension.

Giorgio: "It would be rude if we went ahead, wouldn't it? Let's start."

The trio finally starts eating. However, a tinge of tension is still present...

***************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Time: 12 pm, two days later

Since the VLN is coming, Vincenzo and Pietro decided to head over the Nurburgring to start their training. The former suggested the move, and the entire crew follows suit with the 458 GT3 all set up for the upcoming race.

Vincenzo suggested that they should enter the track, and it happens to be a tourist session for today.

Vincenzo: "This is your first time in the Nurburgring, isn't it?"

Pietro: "Only in the GP. But the Nordschleife? I haven't..."

Vincenzo: "How surprising. Oh well, take this as a perfect opportunity."

With Pietro behind the wheel of the heavily-modified Enzo, the pair enters the track along with other drivers who want a taste of the infamous Green Hell.

(Background Music)

20190210211254.jpg

Vincenzo: "Think of this as the VLN. You've got a roster of equally fast, and also slower cars ahead of you. Overtaking at the Nordschleife is definitely a dangerous task."

Pietro floors the throttle, and manages to overtake some cars easily at the end of the long straight, but as they enter at the technical sections....

20190210211301.jpg

Pietro: "It's narrow!"

Vincenzo: "The VLN takes four hours. That's actually a plenty of time to overtake everyone in the class... only if you're patient, that is."

20190210211308.jpg

The Enzo manages to overtake a black 458 that took the corner slowly. After all, the 458's driver skill could be best described as casual.

Vincenzo: "There are good enough drivers who let you pass... only because they know you're much faster and you're running in a higher class."

Entering the high speed Flugplatz section, it is deceptively easy to make a pass.

20190210211314.jpg

Seeing it as an all clear to go, Pietro once again buries the throttle. However, the other cars are wide enough to block the road.

Vincenzo: "Back off. Never ever make a pass at this short stretch. I'll tell you when."

Pietro: "Oh okay."

Pietro backs off half of the throttle input.

20190210211320.jpg

When the pavement becomes descending....

Vincenzo: "You're clear to go. Floor it."

Pietro obliges. The descending angle along with the Enzo's extra power over the GT-R Nismo makes for an easy pass.

20190210211327.jpg

20190210211333.jpg

Clearing the Aremberg hairpin, the steep descent along with the narrow track makes Pietro cower in fear.

Vincenzo: "Don't chicken off the pedal here. You aren't that close to that car over there."

20190210211347.jpg

Pietro: "This track... is the epitome of terror. No wonder Papa discouraged me going here."

Vincenzo: "And that is the sole reason why you got stuck in your progress. He didn't want you to get out of your comfort zone."

The anxious driver makes a slow but steady progress on overtaking the other cars, using small windows of opportunity with the guidance of Vincenzo.

20190210211353.jpg

Vincenzo: "Consider yourself the victor if you survive here. Legends here didn't win on one try. It takes a thousand, if not a hundred laps to completely master the Green Hell. Ask any driver who competed in the 24 Hours of Nurburgring. They will all tell you the same thing."

20190210211359.jpg

Pietro: "This is definitely a much higher level of racing. The one I've never set foot on!"

20190210211405.jpg

Vincenzo: "I couldn't agree more. Welcome to real racing, Pietro."

End of Page 17

20190210211340.jpg

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

- "I happened to share a cell with someone who worked on the project who apparently has a hand on murdering one of the researchers. A scapegoat, in short."

That over there, will be the driving force of the next arc. But why?

Page 18 - Cracks

Time: 7 pm; one week later

It's the VLN weekend, however in Japan things are pretty much out of the ordinary.

Takanori Kanonji was sent on an errand by his mother, Tomoko. He was asked to buy some mochi ingredients just a few blocks away.

The street was surprisingly devoid of cars. However, the wind blows right by, prompting the young man to quickly fix his hair as he holds on to the wares.

As he is crossing, he then sees a black Porsche GT3 RS turning right. For the many, supercars are a common sight in Tokyo's streets. But for a car enthusiast like Takanori, it's an interesting find.

20190217195801.jpg

However, seeing the car reminds him of his twin, who will compete for tomorrow's VLN.

Takanori: "Aniki... I know you can do it. The team has been through so much, and yet we always prevail. Am I right?"

With brisk walking, Takanori manages to return in just a few minutes. He has always keeping himself fit and healthy as his job demands, even though he also pulls the strings of the newly-formed Dream Alliance Japan racing team.

He then stores the ingredients in the store's stock room. After that, he returns to his home. He resumes his maintenance work on the Nissan 2020, as Takuma requested.

20190217195812.jpg

Takanori: "All right then, back to work."

Just as he is about to get a wrench, his mother suddenly calls him.

Tomoko: "Takanori! Someone wants to see you at the shop!"

Takanori: "Oh great... coming!"

He'll resume the work after such notice. Upon entering the store, he sees Kevin Kern looking at the various mochi flavors.

Takanori: "Kevin! Guten Abend!"

The young German newbie racer turns his attention to Takanori. He happily returns the greet.

Kevin: "Oh hey! Konbanwa! Hehe! Finally, I reached this store! I've been looking for this since I arrived here. It took me effort to find it though..."

Takanori: "Hole in the wall places are always the best! Hehe!"

Kevin: "Mind if I take a selfie?"

Takanori: "Sure, no problem!"

Kevin takes out his smartphone, he then activates the selfie camera feature. He then extends his arm out, aiming the phone high up. When the pair are ready for their smiles and poses, Kevin presses the snap button. After that quick shot, he then goes to Instagram to make an immediate post of his find.

Kevin: "Finally... found... this place! Ticked off my bucket list! Hashtag greatfinds, hashtag KanonjiMochiShop, hashtag DreamAlliance."

After that brief upload, Kevin returns to his order. Just as he is about to choose the desired flavor, a surprise visitor arrives. Who could that be?

He's none other than... Kazunori Yamauchi.

Takanori: "Yamauchi-san, bikkuri shimashta. Konbanwa." (What a surprise, Yamauchi-san. Good evening.)

Kevin turns back again, then he smirks upon seeing the head of the Vision Gran Turismo project.

Kevin: "Good evening, Kazunori-san. My name is Kevin Kern."

Kazunori reaches out his hand first, intending on shaking hands. Kevin got surprised, but returns the gesture anyway.

Kevin: "Pleasure to meet you, sir."

Takanori: "Kazunori-san, he's one of the new members of the Dream Alliance Japan."

Kaz: "Ah yes. I've heard so much about your team. Good job putting the effort on promotions. How about your twin?"

Takanori: "He'll be racing tomorrow's VLN. I definitely believe he can pull through."

Kazunori smiles upon hearing the confident answer.

Kaz: "There's no reason to believe otherwise."

While Takanori and Kazunori are having a hearty chat, Kevin focuses on Kazunori. But then... he almost forgotten what to order. So he turns his attention back to the cashier and finally picks his desired flavor.

Kevin: "Oh shoot, I almost forgot! I want chocolate mochi, please."

************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Time: 2:30 pm, the next day

The big event finally unfolds. VLN is expected to attract hundreds of thousands of racing fans spanning across the globe. Sponsors of varying sizes and origins also make their presence along with their promotions.

Team Rosso Pista (the name of Pietro's racing team) is obviously well-prepped for the race thanks to Giorgio's backing. While Vincenzo and the rest of the team are hands-on on their final setups for the car, Pietro still has some anxiety. He used the week to practice, and yet...

20190217195821.jpg

Pietro: "This is the first big racing event I've ever joined. This isn't just a rich guy's casual race gathering."

Vincenzo notices his partner's anxiety, and approaches him.

Vincenzo: "What's eating you?"

Pietro: "As usual, I'm nervous. This is my first foray to the big leagues, after all."

Vincenzo: "You'll get over it eventually."

Pietro: "Hope so. In fact, I even made a post on my new Instagram account about my excitement, just for me to relieve the tension."

Vincenzo: "Do what suits you."

Pietro: "You will run first, right?"

Vincenzo: "Yes. And with that, you gotta observe how pros do it. Heh."

With only half an hour left, the teams were then asked to form for the rolling start, as the track is long after all.

As all the cars have left, Pietro takes some time to check back on his Instagram. His post garnered a thousand likes in an instant. And while it made him satisfied, he then scrolls down until he sees a random Sponsored post made by an account named vgtmurder.

The post has multiple stock photos of Kazunori Yamauchi, presumably just sourced from the internet. While it does seem ordinary, the caption isn't...

"Kazunori Yamauchi. A man of vision? Or...

...a murderer?

Follow this account as we unravel the hidden truths behind what could have been the future of racing. You will never view him the same way ever again.

Unnerved, Pietro scrolls down once more and finds some funny videos to shake off that cryptic post. He is aware that his father contributed some funds for the Vision Gran Turismo Project. But now is not the time for interrogation.

Pietro: "No... gotta focus on this race. My dad surely has clean intentions."

And indeed it is time to focus for the race. The battle finally begins. This may well be Pietro's toughest four hours yet. He'll be watching for now...

20190217195833.jpg

The Group 3 class starts off with blazing speeds and none giving their quarter. Vincenzo knows that experience very well...

20190217195841.jpg

But his aggression truly helps him climb up the ladder.

Moments later, the Group 4 class begins as well, with Dream Alliance trailing behind.

20180318202658.jpg

20180318202712.jpg

20180318202721.jpg

Giorgio heads outside the pit lane as well, observing the various racing cars starting the race.

Giorgio: "We have ventured on to unknown territory, my son."

Pietro: "Yeah. But I'm ready for it."

Giorgio: "I gotta be honest. I was initially displeased when you let Vincenzo back to the team. My blood was boiling and I haven't forgotten what happened back then. But I am for your best interests, so I had no choice but to accept."

Pietro: "At least you got that off your chest. But..."

That cryptic Instagram post from earlier suddenly plagues Pietro's mind. This is an easy distraction for someone who's very well-versed in social media.

Pietro: "Papa, mind if I ask you something?"

(Background Music)

20190217195848.jpg

Giorgio: "Sure. What is it?"

Pietro: "Have you gotten any updates from your investment in the Vision Gran Turismo Project?"

Giorgio: "Why ask that? But anyhow, I'm surprised that I haven't heard from Julie Meade lately. She used to keep me in the loop."

20190217195856.jpg

Pietro: "Well, just concerned. Because... it seems that the project is in some sort of a scandal."

20190217195903.jpg

Giorgio: "Sigh... I guess you have caught wind of it too, huh?"

Pietro: "Dad... I don't want you to worry too much. But I am worried that you might get in trouble. Is it true that someone got... murdered?"

Giorgio: "Just focus on today's race, my son. We can talk about that later on. One thing you should know - that racing isn't all just fast cars and drivers."

20190217195910.jpg

Giorgio: "But rest assured. You are not going to be affected at all. "

End of Page 18

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

- Think of this page (particularly the last part) as a prelude for the next arc. Little does Takanori know that the black Porsche he saw will play a big part.

- Kazunori Yamauchi will be more involved in the entire story later on. He's officially an antihero, no longer a villain.

- And we are nearing the end of this arc. Next page I will post another duel volunteer request.

Man,

I will say I was on the verge of actually writing up a GT-based series myself a while back (around August I guess) and I guess this series of yours has me really wanting to start my own one too - maybe launching up in March!

BTW, seeing the "duel volunteer request" thing, I will say I wouldn't mind having one of my cars being featured as a part of this particular series - this one of yours is quite interesting to read so far!

Also will say I might be taking my series in a different direction but wow yours has the detail I was hoping to really see; especially them scape shots!
(PSN = warcraftGT47)

Man,

I will say I was on the verge of actually writing up a GT-based series myself a while back (around August I guess) and I guess this series of yours has me really wanting to start my own one too - maybe launching up in March!

BTW, seeing the "duel volunteer request" thing, I will say I wouldn't mind having one of my cars being featured as a part of this particular series - this one of yours is quite interesting to read so far!

Also will say I might be taking my series in a different direction but wow yours has the detail I was hoping to really see; especially them scape shots!
(PSN = warcraftGT47)

Thanks for reading and following through this long-running series. I was on the verge of giving it up, but new cars and tracks did give me more ideas (and playing other games also provided me some fresh thoughts for the story).

I might post tonight, though. Not sure. Hopefully I’m not at all busy.

And also, if you haven’t, please take time to read my previous arcs from the GT5 and 6 era.

Page 19 - First Taste

An hour has passed, and it's time to switch drivers.

This is it. This is the moment Pietro has been waiting but also anxious for. During the switch, he turns on a special camera installed in the cockpit. It will serve as a device for his live stream on his new Instagram account, which thankfully garnered half a million followers because of his loyal fans discovering it.

Tires have been swapped, and fuel has been replenished. Vincenzo can take a break.

Pietro: "All clear to go..."

And all clear it is. The 458 GT3 braves past the competition, both low and of equal class alike. Upon entering the Nordschleife...

20190220180103.jpg

Pietro: "I've been practicing here for a week. Somehow I know where and when to go all out. Thanks, Vincenzo."

20190220180113.jpg

Suddenly, Vincenzo radios in, to deliver a bit of a good news.

Vincenzo: "Blitzgelb's 911 RSR has slowed down its pace. Use that opportunity well. You've got two M6 GT3s standing in your way."

Pietro delights on that news. He steps on further.

20190220180119.jpg

Pietro: "Blitzgelb shows a very strong run. But I think even the Nurburgring spooks them. Or maybe...? Oh what the heck! Seize the opportunity, Pietro!"

20190220180125.jpg

Pietro: "Through this live stream... I have to show the world... that I'm no longer a rich brat who just race cars for fun."

The first M6 is now on his sights. Pietro takes advantage of the racing brakes and slows down as late as he feasibly can.

20190220180133.jpg

The high speed Kesselchen section opened the gateway for the 458's high-revving motor to show its true strength, albeit briefly.

Even then, the Italian racer manages to join the pair of M6s, disturbing their seemingly serene run.

20190220180143.jpg

Pietro: "These two Bimmers are huge. I'm like squeezing myself through a wall!"

Clinging on to Vincenzo's pieces of advice, he lays back on his aggression. The Nordschleife never provides the safest avenues for an overtake.

20190220180207.jpg

However, knowing all well the superiority of the mid-engined layout, Pietro uses his traction advantage to slingshot past the other M6 GT3.

20190220180216.jpg

He closes on the 911 RSR, heeding the news earlier.

20190220180230.jpg

Pietro: "Here it is!"

Closing in to the slowing Porsche, Pietro once again waits for the perfect opportunity to overtake.

20180318202903.jpg

However, his lucky streak has ended as he feels dullness in braking. He repeatedly steps on the brake pedal, but he can barely feel the stopping power. Endurance races are indeed unpredictable, and not all odds are always in favor.

Pietro: "The brakes!"

He immediately opens up the communication.

Pietro: "I'm going to pit! The brakes seem malfunctioning. I have to play safe, I'm afraid."

Giorgio: "All right all right. Be careful."

Pietro could only rely on engine braking and a slight tap on the brakes to slow him down. This hurt his chances of taking the lead, especially that the RSR is slowing down its pace.

Slipstreaming somehow reduces the gap, but...

20180318202912.jpg

Pietro: "I'm being too fast. No use locking horns with the top dogs. Dammit. Do these things happen in a real race?"

Both the RSR and the 458 enter the pit lane.

20190220180242.jpg

While the RSR could only use a change of driver, tires and refuelling, the 458 had to enter the pit garage to change the brakes. Rosso Pista would have to once again take back the positions they had grabbed for the last hour.

Pietro would only watch his crew swap all four brakes as fast as possible, while Vincenzo enjoys his much needed rest by helping himself with refreshments. He grabs a can of cold orange soda from the refrigerator.

He then notices some armed men running as if there's a commotion going on. Pietro got intrigued as well.

Vincenzo: "Huh?"

Pietro: "What's going on?"

With intrigue in his mind, he sets out at the back and sees Julie Meade running away, but tripped down by one of Blitzgelb's racers named Rebecca Crewe.

It turns out that the armed men were Interpol agents, with the assistance of Rob Hatch, seeking to arrest Julie of tax evasion from the USA. Upon seeing the whole commotion, Vincenzo could only react with a smirk. Giorgio also caught wind of it.

Vincenzo: "So... the cat will soon be out of the bag."

Pietro: "What a takedown. What's she running away from, anyway?"

Giorgio:
"Julie got arrested, huh?"

Vincenzo: "Well, as far as I know, she ran away from a completely different crime. Just pray to the heavens that she won't spill anything about the Vision GT Project."

The patriarch could only look back and return to the pit garage. The heir obviously looks on to his father with concern.

Pietro: "Papa..."

Giorgio: "Just focus on driving, son. You are here to redeem yourself to the world, am I right?"

End of Page 19

DUEL VOLUNTEER NEEDED:

This will be the last duel for the arc. I have already shared the 4C Gr. 3's livery (but it's restricted to Friends Only, so you have to add me on PSN if you wish to join in)

The tune is as follows:

4cset1.jpg

4cset2.jpg

4cset3.jpg

We will run with BoP in Monza. For the gearing, follow these steps:

1. Set Top Speed
2. Adjust individual ratio
3. Adjust Final Drive

I will announce when will I open the lobby room. Again, it will only be set in Friends Only privacy. I may open one at 8 or 9 pm GMT+8. Or 5 pm GMT+8.

Its kind of difficult for me with the times zones to help unless I'm not working in the morning but ill be happy to help where and when I can.

Page 20 - Worries

The Rosso Pista crew managed to replace all four brakes in a nick of time. However, it set them back almost far back of the Group 3 roster. This is a tall order for Pietro, who is fresh in cruel reality of racing. In addition, he also noticed his father getting to grips on the commotion earlier.

20190222190438.jpg

Pietro: "I have to take back what was lost. And papa seems worried..."

Shortly after leaving the pit lane, Vincenzo opens up the radio communication.

Vincenzo: "Those are newly-installed brakes. Don't just be aggressive on them. I know we're far behind, but patience pays off."

20190222190449.jpg

Pietro: "Roger that."

Even with that initial but temporary setback, the 458 maintains its agility and speed that managed it to overtake its rivals.

20190222190512.jpg

Pietro couldn't help but be wary of his father.

20190222190528.jpg

Pietro: "Vincenzo... is my father, okay?"

20190222190547.jpg

Vincenzo: "Don't. Just don't. He will be okay. We'll talk about that issue after the race. What's important is we make it into the top 10 if we are to compete in the 24 Hours. Do not let that issue go to your head. You're not in the legal department, and so it isn't your problem."

20190222190601.jpg

Pietro: "All right. Got it."

Vincenzo: "I may not have gone off the right foot with your father, but l gotta admit he is a decent man."

Upon hearing that reassurance, Pietro buries the throttle. Taking back what's lost is in the agenda at the moment...

***********************************************************************************************************************************************************

Time: 12 am

Meanwhile, in Japan...

It's the middle of the night. Most of the populace are off to their beds and take their much needed rest to face the next day. However, some are clearly night owls.

20190222190613.jpg

A futuristic-looking supercar is at idle at Shiodome. The driver, a woman named Marina Ohno, is at the helm. The car in question is a IsoRivolta Zagato Vision Gran Turismo.

She then takes her smarphone from the center console, and calls a person none other than Kazunori.

Marina: "Hello, Kazunori-san?"

Kazunori is at his office in Aoyama, watching the live stream VLN race through his laptop.

Kazunori: "Marina-san. Why call at this hour?"

Marina: "Where are you? Are you still in your office?"

Kazunori: "Yes. Watching the VLN race AND sorting out a big problem."

Marina: "It really isn't healthy to work for far too long."

Kazunori: "Julie is arrested, but on a different crime. Then there is this Instagram account bent on tarnishing my name. And then this... someone broke in the building."

Marina: "What?!"

Kazunori: "While I was walking around about to go home, I saw an unconscious man in the IT department, apparently electrocuted. Someone must have used a taser gun on him. While nothing was stolen and surprisingly everything was in order, I checked the database and found out that someone copied valuable data. That's why I'm still here, finding out who broke in and what data was copied."

Marina: "Oh no... did you check the camera footage in the security?"

Kazunori: "Unfortunately, some cameras were overloaded and hence got broken. Clearly the intruder isn't to be taken lightly."

Marina: "You should report it to the authorities!"

Kazunori: "I'll try keeping this issue within the company first. I simply cannot let the authorities be involved. I'll keep you and the rest of the team on the loop."

Marina: "What about the data?"

Kazunori: "The data copied was the contents of what was once my research with Alan Long. I slowly resume it on my free time, but it could still pose a threat to our plans."

Marina: "I think even I would have a sleepless night. I even encountered a black Porsche 911 GT3 RS earlier and I was outran by it. I have to take this car back in and do some more adjustments."

Kazunori: "All right, I'll inform the mechanics by tomorrow morning. Have a good night."

The call ends, and Kazunori looks out at the window. He leans back on his chair and briefly closes his eyes and takes a deep breath.

Unknown to him... someone is outside, leaning beside that window.

He's a man wearing a black jumpsuit and a mask only exposing his eyes. He's adhering on the wall without any rope to support. His fingertips and boots are the ones adhering on to the wall by special means. He turns his head right, briefly. And then he takes out a flash drive from his pocket.

The man in a black suit looks at the drive. He tightens his grip on it, clenching it. Then he returns it to his pocket.

He then performs a somersault as he leaps off. Upon landing on the alleyway, he then runs and performs several parkour techniques to get through whatever obstacle laying in wait. The final one is a high wall, but thanks to his adhesive boots he climbs through it with speed and then performs another somersault to be able to land on the other side.

The mysterious man then starts to walk casually once he walks down the street devoid of bystanders.

End of Page 20

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

- Seems like the story is taking into a dark turn. It will even be darker once the next arc starts.

- The final duel for this arc is wrapped. Thanks to the volunteers.

Page 21 - True Winners

It has been the final hour. Vincenzo's skill proved to be a great asset for recovering the team. They then switched drivers once more, with Pietro once again taking the helm for the last run.

Some cars have broken down and have retired... a depressing moment for the drivers who had put in all their efforts only to be shattered in the last leg.

20190224211946.jpg

20180505204303.jpg

20180505204315.jpg

(Background Music)

Pietro will have to recover the positions he lost after the final pit lane stop.

20190224211956.jpg

Pietro: "Gotta catch Blitzgelb. I have to!"

Late braking, instant acceleration, slipstreaming...

Pietro performs every trick he knows in the book to gain. But clearly the yellow 911 RSR is still not in plain sight.

20190224212002.jpg

Pietro: "Just how far am I away from Blitzgelb's 911?"

Vincenzo: "Focus more on keeping the car on the tarmac. Remember, your goal is to qualify for the 24 Hour race."

And just to remind Pietro of his task, another car messes up on its line, the M6 GT3 M Power.

20190224212008.jpg

A yellow flag has been raised by the marshals. Pietro slows down to make a careful and legal overtake, which costs his chances at the top even more.

20190224212014.jpg

Pietro: "Damn... seems like our chances of winning are getting slim."

20190224212021.jpg

Pietro: "I think only a miracle will take me to the top!"

Despite pulling every best trick he knows, the German racing team is clearly out of reach for Pietro. Their victory in this race is secured.

20190224212027.jpg

With doubts, Pietro radios in.

Pietro: "Is it okay... to settle for second?"

Vincenzo: "Why ask that in the heat of the moment? In your current situation, I would say yes."

20180520181111.jpg

20180520181122.jpg

Vincenzo: "True winners don't win in their first battle. Heck, I even settled for a sixth in my very first real racing battle."

20180520181142.jpg

Vincenzo: "Legends had to expend blood, sweat, and tears to become one. They had to suffer major losses too. No matter where you came from, success isn't going to approach you like an appointed meeting. It does not work that way."

20190224212034.jpg

Vincenzo: "Consider yourself a winner right now. The fact that you conquered this gruelling race track against all odds is considered a major victory. Just ask someone like Sabine Schmitz. She'll tell you the exact same thing.

Right now, your fans will love you even more now that you've proven yourself to be capable of handling situations like this. And who doesn't love the Nurburgring? Only James May, perhaps. You've done what others can only dream of. You're an inspiration right now."

Pietro has now come to a realization. He used to grow up that victory is all that matters, as what his father drilled on to him and as well as the vast resources his family has.

But in the world of real racing... everything is on the even ground. Only the most determined, and skilled come out on top.

20190224212041.jpg

Vincenzo: "And don't forget, we still have another duel. I now have no reason to back down."

Pietro: "Right. Thanks for the advice, buddy."

Pietro finally settles for second place. His podium finish for a major event will surely attract more followers.

20190224212049.jpg

He now revels at the fact that he had proven himself to the world that he can take on the next level of racing. He is no longer just a condescending brat who only toys around with Ferraris on track days. He has now gotten way past that.

The VLN ends with Rosso Pista securing their spot for the Nurburgring 24 Hours, which has now been moved for another week. Three weeks of preparation will be a short one...

************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Time: Two days later

The VLN Weekend left a mark on Pietro's memory. It will be the day that he finally graduated from his childish ways. He has then garnered a million followers, but is sure to attract more.

And of course, there is their second bout. The GT Italia race in Monza in the next weekend will serve as their battleground. The event is a short sprint charity race for the refugees.

Just as Pietro is about to prepare himself for the upcoming duel, he gets a call...

...from Russell.

Pietro: "Hello? Oh Mr. Russell! I'm surprised! Why'd you just ran away?"

Russell: "I have no time to explain. But I knew what happened, and it's high time to congratulate you."

Pietro: "Thank you. I used what I've learned from you."

Russell: "Appreciate it. Right now, I'm outside the gate of your lovely mansion. I want to see you. Get out."

Pietro: "Oh.. okay."

Pietro quickly gets out of the mansion's garage and sees a van waiting outside. He then tells the guard to open it and he advises them to tell his father that he'll return by dinner.

Getting in the van, he sees Russell taking the wheel. The pair then sets off.

Pietro: "Good to see you again."

Russell: "Color me impressed, young man. Even though our time together was short, you have matured so much."

Pietro: "It was a roller coaster ride. And even though I'm worried about my dad back there, I still prevailed. Well... second place."

Russell: "Speaking of your dad's worries, Julie Meade was arrested on tax evasion charges all the way back from the US. But I did use some of her dirty work she'd done for the Vision GT Project to lead the Interpol to her. Yep... it was me."

Pietro: "Really?! So... that's why you just disappeared?"

Russell: "It's more than that, young man. But I don't want you to be further involved in it, so I can only tell you this much."

Pietro: "Okay then. Where are we going?"

Russell: "In a small garage. I want your opinion on something."

Not too far away, they arrived at a small warehouse that Russell rented that acts as a garage. Pietro is greeted by a sight of a bright blue SRT Viper GT3.

Pietro: "What's that?"

20190224212100.jpg

Russell: "Don't you remember? That's my son's car."

Pietro: "Ohhhh right! Yeah! So you converted it into a race car as a gift to him, I presume?"

Russell: "As a a way of making it up to him. But I don't think it's enough."

Some men and women then show up, holding various decals about to be installed on the car as final touches. They then circle around it and get to work.

Pietro: "I'm sure he'll appreciate it."

Russell: "It will be one hell of a reunion. But I still have to go under the radar..."

Pietro: "You can't just go hiding forever. Remember, I'm a son. I know how children feel when they don't see their role models for far too long. I've been there once. Papa used to go around the world for his business. I used to see him only in Christmas back then. That feeling of longing...

...can also turn into pain."

Russell: "I'll sort that out, then. Anyhow, there's not much you can see here. I'm glad to be seeing you again. You come back here tomorrow, okay? You get to see the car in full glory first before Andy does."

The next day...

Pietro: "What... the... hell?"

20190224212107.jpg

20190224212113.jpg

Pietro: "Are you serious about this? Can't imagine an old man coming up with a theme like that."

Russell: "Gotta go with the times. I am enamored by what your generation call "memes". What a time we all live in."

End of Page 21

Page 22 - GT Italia

Time: 8 am

The pressure is on to Pietro... well, even before the VLN he already felt it. Vincenzo is now his next rival. He can't just sit still knowing he's his team mate.

Clearly a man with numerous racing experiences on his belt would be a tall hurdle to overcome, right?

That's one question that Pietro has in his mind for today. He is to head to Monza with the crew. As for Vincenzo, he returned to Alessandro's place for preparations.

After a hearty breakfast, the young heir leaves the mansion. The trip to the circuit will take 2 hours at least.

Clouds seem to dictate the weather forecast, but strangely chances of rain are low...

Two hours later, Rosso Pista has arrived at Monza Circuit.

20190226173021.jpg

Pietro spared little time for himself and he goes on to personally go around the car while his crew are working on it.

But, they're not alone...

He then hears another car making the rounds at the track.

20190226173041.jpg

Pietro: "Who could that be?"

Pietro leaves the crew working as he heads out the pit lane to see what's going on.

20190226173047.jpg

As if the answer is given on cue, Pietro immediately discerns the other guest on the track.

Pietro: "Mr. Russell, huh?"

20190226173053.jpg

Russell is putting the car on a shakedown, gathering data as to what he can do for improvements.

20190226173059.jpg

While not a professional racer, he does has his way with cars brought upon his teenage street racing days in Los Angeles.

20190226173106.jpg

Hence. therefore, he knows what's best for a car that shall be tailored for its purpose. He has knowledge on aerodynamics as well.

20190226173112.jpg

The Viper is set up to follow the Balance of Performance (BoP) rules, and Russell plans to make it stick. It makes LESS horsepower than the road-going version, but compensates obviously with its weight and downforce.

20190226173118.jpg

The Viper crosses the line, and a time was displayed which Pietro can see. It lapped 1 minute and 51.4 seconds.

Pietro: "Huh. Quite impressive."

Pietro then returns to the pit garage and sees the crew done with the initial setup. The 458 also complies with the BoP rules, and will initially run on a hard tire compound.

They push the car out of the pit lane, and then the Viper arrives, stopping right in front of the Ferrari.

20190226173031.jpg

Russell exits the car, and puts his helmet on the car's roof as soon as he removed it.

Pietro: "Mr. Russell!"

Russell: "Oh it's you. What a surprise."

Pietro: "I'll be having a practice for the whole day. GT Italia will be on the weekend. Are you going to watch?"

Russell: "I'd love to, but I have a lot going on that day. I'm sorry."

Pietro: "No hard feelings."

Russell: "But hey, you got second in the VLN, am I right? I want to see it now."

Pietro: "Huh? What are you talking about?"

Russell: "That GT Italia thing... you'll be racing, right? Why don't you show me your chops? Beat my time. Simple as that."

Pietro: "Oh. Hehe. I've been waiting for the day I show you how much I've improved."

Russell: "Let's see if you've graduated from being a whiny, attention-seeking brat."

Pietro then racks up his confidence after hearing the challenge.

Pietro: "Oh, you're on!"

Pietro quickly suits up and puts on his helmet. Without any last words to say, he jumps in to his race car.

A warm up ensues. But Pietro is fired up.

20190226173124.jpg

Pietro: "Mr. Russell is watching in person now. Gotta be honest, I'm nervous. but at the same time... I'm fired up."

(Background Music)

Pietro buries the throttle as soon as he exits the last corner. The 458's high-revving engine wails with glee at the main straight.

20190226173130.jpg

Pietro uses the newly installed brakes to slow down as late as possible for the first chicane. After flicking the downshift paddle until second, he turns the wheel and feathers the throttle simultaneously.

At the exit, he applies full power on the throttle, taking advantage of the superiority of a mid-engined layout.

20190226173137.jpg

The close gearing allows for rapid acceleration after that massive slowdown. But another chicane welcomes the car.

20190226173143.jpg

The 458 tackles it with gusto, much like the first one.

Pietro: "All good. I can smell victory."

His anxiety has obviously worn off. After all, he is just fresh from a gruelling race and he expects the upcoming race to be no different, even if it only lasts for just an hour.

20190226173150.jpg

Pietro: "I can tackle the world now. I'm feeling it."

The 458 GT3's aerodynamic package takes advantage of Monza's high speed turns along with slick tires. Pietro uses every bit of that knowledge as much as he possibly can.

20190226173156.jpg

The timer has stopped. One of the crew members reports the lap time.

20190226173202.jpg

Pietro reacts with glee. As it turns out, he blitzed Russell's lap time by 1.3 seconds.

Pietro: "Wow. Just wow!"

Russell smirks upon seeing the lap time displayed above his.

Russell: "You've grown way past my expectations, boy. I tip my hat off to ya. But this is just the beginning..."

End of Page 22

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

- Doge Viper is best Viper. :lol:

- There's only a few pages left before the next arc starts. And also, do check out my Activity Feed in GT Sport from time to time as I am planning to post upcoming cars for the story (not only on the next arc, but also for the future arcs.)

Page 23 - Monsters of Monza II

Time: 3 pm, Sunday

GT Italia...

A race-for-a-cause event aimed to gather funds for feeding, sheltering and eventually integrate the immigrants who came from the ravages of civil unrest. It may only be a short sprint race that lasts only for 30 laps, but its purpose clearly attracted even the most affluent of racing teams. Social awareness has been an all-time high lately. Plus, FIA has also been involved in the organization of the event as well.

Proceeds from the ticket sales will also go to the funding as well. And as of the moment, the audience attendance is high.

20190303170510.jpg

All thanks to Pietro, who now takes advantage of his social media presence to convince his fans to attend the event... and additional views are an icing on the cake.

He places his camera in the corner of the pit garage recording the live stream via YouTube. His YouTube account was still the one he made ever since he first ventured into racing, so his subscriber count remained and is definitely much higher than his newly formed Instagram one.

He is seen talking to the mechanics for the car's setup. It would be quite a while to finalize it since the race will be a short one. The racers have half an hour left for qualifying.

Meanwhile, at Vincenzo's pit garage...

20190303170517.jpg

Alessandro once again joins Vincenzo in his crew composed of former Rosso Pista mechanics. Though some were actually lent by Pietro as a form of good gesture.

Vincenzo: "That Pietro boy is no longer a brat. I have to step it up."

Alessandro: "Well, you're the one who created a monster out of him. Having regrets?"

Vincenzo: "Nope. I basically achieved my goal of spiting that old man Giorgio, using his son, that is."

Alessandro: "Hehehehehe... never knew you had a hidden agenda."

Vincenzo: "It's going to be a lot deeper than you think. I've got a lot to do now that I see the light of day."

The qualifying session had ended, and pretty much to everyone's surprise, Pietro starts at the back of the pack, but not totally dead last. Turned out the 458 slowed down during qualifying which was quickly rectified before the main event started.

20190303170537.jpg

While Vincenzo grabbed the pole position.

20190303170612.jpg

Vincenzo: "What's wrong, pretty boy? Never expected you to be far behind. Anyhow, this will put everything you've learned to the test!"

The bout begins...

(Background Music)

The 458 GT3 makes its way higher in the ranks, applying the aggression techniques he learned from Vincenzo.

20190303170544.jpg

Pietro: "So far so good. No mechanical maladies to report. I will see that 4C soon enough!"

20190303170551.jpg

The consistent overtaking of the 458 delights fans, from the bleachers and even to the smartphone screens. Even the subscriber count rises.

20190303170559.jpg

With the help of the 458's medium compound tires, taking corners is easier for Pietro but at the same time it strikes a good compromise between grip and durability which gave him consistent pace after several laps.

Meanwhile, the 4C keeps a strong lead away from the competition, but he can't discount the 458 either...

20190303170619.jpg

Vincenzo: "Where are you? I expect you to be buzzing around me like a fly. It's been over 10 laps now."

20190303170626.jpg

Vincenzo: "I'm not going to waste my energy dealing with the others. I'm only after YOU."

The Ferrari is inching close behind, as if heeding to its challenger's call.

Pietro: "In reality, this is pretty much just you and me, Vincenzo. The other cars? They're merely from crews who had more money than they can count."

20190303170606.jpg

End of Page 23

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

Vincenzo: "Nope. I basically achieved my goal of spiting that old man Giorgio, using his son, that is."

Alessandro: "Hehehehehe... never knew you had a hidden agenda."

Vincenzo: "It's going to be a lot deeper than you think. I've got a lot to do now that I see the light of day."

- Ohhhhh.... Vincenzo, what are you planning? You'll get a hint of it in the next arc. :mischievous:

Page 24 - Rough Ride

Halfway through the race, Pietro manages to keep up with Vincenzo. This had immediately turned into a dogfight between two racers. instead of a charitable event.

A few more laps have passed and their real bout begins...

20190306174703.jpg

Pietro: "We have the circuit all by ourselves now. Forget the others. I can aim squarely at you."

Full throttle is applied after the chicane's exit. The 458 enters the 4C's draft.

20190306174715.jpg

(Background Music)

Meanwhile, Vincenzo grins with excitement as they can finally battle for real, by the time the race is about to come to a close.

Vincenzo: "Hey, it's what everyone says: Save the best for last! You really do put on a good show, Pietro! No wonder you've got legions of fans."

20190306174722.jpg

The 4C's peaky nature briefly presents itself. Vincenzo treats it as a powerslide.

20190306174728.jpg

That setback is an opportunity for Pietro. However, Vincenzo takes advantage of the 4C's girth to intercept any overtaking maneuver.

20190306174734.jpg

Pietro: "Right... I almost forgot. The 4C is short but wide."

20190306174741.jpg

Vincenzo: "You know, real racing ain't all sunshine and rainbows."

Knowing full well of the 458's advantage, Pietro locks in, and decides to gun down at the main straight.

20190306174747.jpg

The 458 is about to slingshot out of the slipstream.

20190306174755.jpg

However...

Vincenzo: "Time for another lesson in reality, pretty boy!"

Vincenzo veers to the left, to block the 458's passing attempt.

20190306174801.jpg

But since it was fresh from the slipstream, the sudden movement prompted the car to lose its stability.

20190306174807.jpg

Pietro: "What the...?!"

The young racer fights the car's loss of stability by constantly applying slight countersteer and feathering the accelerator.

Vincenzo: "You think one would just give up easily? Life isn't that simple, boy. Not all racers are as gentle as you think. Maybe on someone as affluent as you it is, but I'm completely different."

20190306174813.jpg

An agitated Pietro buries the throttle instantly after the chicane's exit.

20190306174820.jpg

Pietro: "I don't know what you did, but that was completely dirty! This gives me more reasons why I won't lose!"

The duel will reach its conclusion on the next page. Stay tuned...

End of Page 24

Here's the cover photo for the next arc!

20190306174828.jpg

Title would be: Dream Alliance Japan.

Page 25 - La Finale

A few laps are left for Pietro to turn the tables.

He now got the first taste of real racing - the type that everyone would give no quarter and will use every trick in their book to get the trophy.

20190307182142.jpg

20190307182152.jpg

For Pietro, as long as the race lingers, so do the hope.

20190307182158.jpg

Pietro then tries another overtaking maneuver.

But Vincenzo employs a brake blocking technique, to throw off the opponent's balance by sudden application of the brakes.

20190307182205.jpg

Pietro reflexively steps on the brake pedal and keeps the car in check, further agitated.

Pietro: "You're playing rough? Then so am I!"

(Background Music)

20190307182211.jpg

Vincenzo: "How are you going to pass someone who's not willing to give an opening? Huh? Just wait for it?"

20190307182218.jpg

Vincenzo: "You can't go through in life if you're just prim and proper. Being regal can only take you this far!"

20190307182225.jpg

But Pietro isn't clearly going to resort to such underhanded methods.

20190307182232.jpg

Pietro: "I'm not going to copy you. I'm me. I won't stoop down on something that low!"

20190307182239.jpg

Another lap. In what would seem to be a short race, comes a duel equivalent to a days worth of stand-off.

20190307182245.jpg

Pietro employs a similar aggressive tactic, but on the psychological side. He closes in only to the point that it almost hits the 4C.

20190307182253.jpg

Which works... the 4C's balance was thrown off.

Vincenzo: "Tch! What's this? I thought he's going to dive bomb me. Gotta keep sharp until the end!"

20190307182259.jpg

Pietro: "That scare tactic works! Ha! Even someone as experienced as Vincenzo can fall prey! Well, who was the one who taught me a bit of aggression, anyway?"

The final lap. Only one opportunity left for Pietro to turn the tides of battle.

20190307182306.jpg

Continuing to employ psychological warfare, Pietro brakes as he lines up with Vincenzo.

While it did lost some chance for a pass, it sent his opponent into a frenzy...

Vincenzo: "What are you going to do now, boy? You're testing new tricks on the last lap? Too late for that, isn't it?"

20190307182312.jpg

With the final stretch oncoming, Pietro decides to do the unthinkable...

Pietro: "You believe in Karma? Because I do!"

20190307182319.jpg

The 458 slightly taps the 4C's rear. It was a calculated move based on his observation earlier, intending to throw off the balance to open a chance for overtaking.

20190307182326.jpg

Vincenzo countersteers as the 4C's momentum was disrupted.

20190307182333.jpg

Vincenzo: "Damn you... that was unexpected!"

And with that tiny opening, Pietro opens up the throttle, and goes side-by-side with Vincenzo.

20190307182339.jpg

The 4C's peaky nature manifests once again at the final corner, prompting Pietro to bravely take the inside lane at full throttle.

Pietro: "Victory is mine! Forza Ferrari! Well... I gotta thank you for that, though. Thank you for coming back to the team, Vincenzo."

20190307182346.jpg

The checkered flag is waved. Pietro takes the win. And to celebrate the moment, he looks right at the camera that records his livestream.

20190307182353.jpg

Pietro: "FORZA FERRARI! And that's a wrap, folks! That was a truly exciting battle! Thanks for watching and don't forget to subscribe!"

Time: 5 pm, one week later

A week passed by and Pietro's victory in the GT Italia is still fresh. More eyes are on him, not because of his elite status but rather because of his hard work and determination that was not seen from him before.

And so do the sponsors. They kept coming in which Pietro gracefully accepts.

While at the garage, Pietro pulls out his smartphone and starts another video to be shared on both Instagram and YouTube.

"What's up people? I hope you're having a great day as mine as I'm going to unveil my 458 GT3's new livery!

But first of all, I will once again thank you for all the support that you showered on me ever since I went blank. You never left me behind on my journey to change. For that, I will owe you forever, guys. I wouldn't have been the person I am right now without you.

My journey took me way beyond my comfort zone. I've learned so much from it and realized that the world of racing is vast and... unpredictable. Not everything falls into place and we all just have to be ready and sharp. I used to think I have it all. But then it hit me, that success doesn't come easily. You have to work and even suffer for it.

And without further adieu, here it is!"

20190307185312.jpg

"I've recently signed a contract with PFC Brakes as a major sponsor for my up and coming races. Thank you, PFC Brakes for your support and of course I will keep on delivering, I can assure that.

Oh by the way, PFC Brakes offers 10% discount on all of their merchandise if you use this code below, so please check it out as they offer great brakes that rival even the most well-known brands.

And as always, thanks for watching and don't forget to subscribe! Peace!"

The recording then ends and he puts his phone in lock screen.

Pietro: "Time to edit, then."

And a surprise guest arrives... in the form of Vincenzo. He takes a brief look around the race car.

Vincenzo: "Wow... look at that 458. Way better than your own livery."

Pietro: "Heh.. well don't worry I will make a livery that will trump everyone else's."

Vincenzo: "I'm looking forward to that, then. Aaaaaand, more racing, of course. We have a lot of races lined up. Don't let everyone down, boy. You found new success, on your very own. Keep at it."

Pietro: "I won't fail, that's for sure. This new path... I'm taking it with pride."

Vincenzo: "Then I'm interested on how you walk on it. I'm with you."

The two then shake hands. Their friendship will ensure that the new path will be as smooth-sailing as it can be. More challenges await...

Time: 1 am

Meanwhile, on the other side of the world...

The silent expressway has met a rather ubiquitous guest.

20190307191532.jpg

20190307191538.jpg

20190307191522.jpg

The high-revving engine makes its voice heard. But the car's purpose? We'll find out...

...soon.

The End

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

- Oh finally I've got to finish this arc after a long hiatus.

- The new livery for the 458 GT3 is courtesy of @MrWaflz55 - and it gave me an idea. Please read my latest status post.

- Expect the next arc to start this weekend.

RS Hybrid huh? Very intriguing.

Here’s a little tease:

- Vincenzo had a hand in its creation before incarceration, but definitely not its driver. Based on a used GT3 RS. 550 HP + 186 HP electric motor = 736 HP and weighs at 3,067 lbs. as weight reduction was undergone in order to compensate the extra bulk the electric motors gave.

- It preys on road-going VGTs. :mischievous:

Arc 3: Dream Alliance Japan

20190306174828.jpg

A new member enters the world of Dream Alliance. With his promising skill set, he is sure to bring the newly formed team into new heights.

And one heck of an adventure...

Timeline: Set in parallel to Passione Italia III, but majority of the events will take place right after.

New Characters:

Kevin Kern:

Kevin Kern.png

Nationality: German
Car/s Owned: Porsche 911 GT3 (997)

Background: Kevin Kern is what would one say - multi-talented. He is a social media celebrity in the eyes of the world, having multiple social media accounts chronicling him attending cosplay events showing up as various characters from the vast world of pop culture - from cutesy anime characters to comic super heroes - and has amassed 7 million subscribers on YouTube and over 7 million followers on Instagram with those numbers still on the rise. He is also well-versed in acrobatics and gymnastics to compliment his cosplay activities.

Another talent in his repertoire is his knowledge. He has a Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering thanks to being inspired by his mother (who had passed on very recently) who had a PhD in Electrical Engineering. This asset garnered him fans as well. Although his plans of pursuing a PhD would put into a complete halt thanks to his social media activities.

Then on a shocking twist, he applies in Dream Alliance - a team in a completely different world, away from his usual comfort zone. Entering in the world of racing could attract more fans too. Maybe he has another talent his fans haven't seen yet...

Mila "MJ" Janson:

Nationality: German
Car/s Owned: Porsche 911 (996) GT3

Background: Mila Janson (or "MJ" by her friends) works as a sports journalist at Unicorn Media - one of the biggest media outlets in Europe. She is based on the German branch and is assigned to cover on sports events. Her exposure in sports did eventually land her on the interest of racing. She has learned basic driving skills and sometimes enters on track days for fun.

However, she filed an indefinite leave, intending to head over to Japan to investigate on something a lot more serious: a murder case.

Page 1: Social Media Star

Time: 12 pm

It may be a cloudy day in France...

20190308182428.jpg

...but an event still must go on. Set in a newly-formed road circuit similar in nature as Le Mans, St. Croix has immediately attracted numerous racing fans due to its scenery.

The event in question is a charity track day organized by Unicorn Media - one of the biggest media outlets in Europe.

20190308182438.jpg

A lime green Porsche 996 GT3 soars past the other patrons. The whole day would just be a free track day, but a major race event will take place by sundown.

20190308182444.jpg

Driving the car is a woman named Mila Janson. She is an employee of Unicorn Media, working as a sports journalist to cover various sporting events such as this one. Not only she's doing her job, but she's also enjoying the track day. She has learned basic racing skills.

20190308182451.jpg

However, she doesn't intend on joining the racing event to be held on sunset. Also, she has filed an indefinite leave from the company, and today will be her last day of work.

20190308182458.jpg

Mila: "Maybe this is something worthwhile. Though the other drivers are quite average at best."

20190308182505.jpg

Her 911 is tuned to well over 500 horsepower, but she can manage it well, despite the chassis over a decade old.

20190308182511.jpg

Mila: "Thanks to him, I can be this good. It's been the last six months since I last saw him. Though we didn't part away on good terms..."

20190308182517.jpg

20190308182524.jpg

After another lap, she gets off the track deducing that she had enough fun. She has to meet up with the organizers and as well as her boss.

She gets in the pit garage and gets out of her car. She then takes off her helmet, revealing her maple-colored shoulder length hair. Her boss approaches her.

Mila's boss: "Oh, enjoying the track day before you leave?"

Mila: "Of course! Never had this much fun in months... sports-wise."

Mila's boss: "Well, I do hope you use your indefinite leave to do something worthwhile. You do deserve one after all. You've been working too much..."

Mila: "I do enjoy working in Unicorn Media, sir. It's just that the break I need is something... personal."

Mila's boss: "No need to remind me twice. Oh, by the way, how's things with him?"

Mila just giggled upon hearing that question.

Mila: "Oh, we're just... civil. That's the best way I can put it."

Mila's boss: "I see. Anyhow, thank you for helping us organize this big event. We couldn't have done it without your help."

Mila: "Please stop! I think you're giving me too much credit. Hehe. I didn't do much, to be honest."

Mila's boss: "But word of mouth spreads fast. Plus social media too. You're adept at those things."

Mila: "All right. Good point. Anyway, time for me to go. See you soon, sir!"

Her boss waves goodbye as she gets in her car and set off.

Time: 6 pm

The sunset is bright, shining bright at a small home in Stuttgart.

20190308182531.jpg

Stashed in the garage is a Porsche 997 GT3 adorning a livery of a popular comic superhero with a spider motif.

The owner is in his room, filled with sticky notes, various camera equipment and costumes, and a gaming rig.

The man is in his late 20s. He has brown spiky well-kept hair with a slender frame. He sits down in front a personal computer, checking e-mails from various sources. He is exhausted, after coming from a comic book convention.

His name is Kevin Kern. Kevin is a popular social media celebrity not only in Germany, but also to the rest of the world. He is well-known for cosplay activities, showing up in various conventions as popular characters in pop culture from cutesy anime characters to comic book superheroes, with the latter one being his current focus.

Kevin scrolls through the e-mails, and shows a delight on his face as he sees an invitation from the Dream Alliance.

Subject: Invitation

Dear Mr. Kern,

After reviewing your qualifications and thorough deliberation with our team, we decided to cordially invite you to our interview. Please proceed to our headquarters at Nurburg for the interview with our team head - Mr. Hiroyuki Hiramoto.

We are expecting your attendance and are looking forward to our meeting.

Thank you and have a nice day ahead.

Kevin smiles upon reading the e-mail. This has been an opportunity he's been waiting for in months. He has taken interest in entering in the world of racing, and as well as intending to help Dream Alliance to get out of their troubles using his social media expertise.

Kevin: "Oh great! Time for a short vid!"

He switches on his camera located just above the monitor. He presses the record button. After clearing his throat, he's ready to deliver his piece of exciting news to his 7 million fans... and counting.

"Hello guys, what's up? Kevin here. Oh let me just tell you a great news. I have been invited for an interview in a world-renowned racing team. I don't want to spill the beans as to what team it is, but I'm really excited. I'll update you once I'm done with that tomorrow. So hope to you see you guys again and I'll talk to you... later!"

He then presses the record button again to stop. Next, he attaches the camera at the USB cable connected to his CPU and uploads the video file for editing before he can make a post.

End of Page 1

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

- I'm kinda excited to post this page, as I believe this arc will have more exciting events unfolding. Kaz will make a return too! :lol:

- Don't forget to read the character bios at the beginning of this post.

- I might post another duel volunteer request, so please stay tuned.

Last edited:
Page 2: The Interview

Time: 12:30 pm, the next day

Brimming with excitement, Kevin departs for Nurburg, which is 3 hours away from his hometown. He arrives there at 12 in the afternoon, but instead of eating lunch first, he decided to locate the headquarters.

With little difficulty, he finally arrives... an hour before the scheduled interview.

Upon entering the main lobby, he's mesmerized by the size and the number of employees walking around. He approaches the receptionist and informs her that he's here for the interview.

He then sits on the sofa, and decides to play a smartphone app game to kill some time. He is also aware of what happened to the team recently, which is one of the reasons of his application.

Kevin: "This team is too big to fall. Can't imagine them being the prey of sabotage."

Hiroyuki spots Kevin at the lobby. He descends the stairs and greets the applicant. Kevin stands up and does a bow, aware of the nationality.

Kevin: "You must be Hiroyuki Hiramoto-san. Pleasure to meet you, sir."

Hiroyuki reaches out his hand as well, his gesture on meeting Western people. The two then do a handshake.

Hiroyuki: "Nice to meet you too. Oh, there's someone who will interview you too, not just me. In fact, it's sort of a panel interview. Give me a minute, I'll call him."

Hiroyuki reaches for his phone in his pocket and calls Takuma. It turns out that he's on the Nurburgring to kill some time.

20190108202855.jpg

Hiroyuki: "Hello? Have you arrived?"

Takuma: "Since last night, yes. I just checked in at a hotel at the German border."

Hiroyuki: "Where are you right now?"

20190108202902.jpg

Takuma: "Killing time at the Nordschleife."

Hiroyuki: "I see. Well, better get here quick. Our applicant has arrived."

20190108202910.jpg

Takuma: "I hope you don't take this the wrong way, Hiroyuki-san, but... do we really need a social media specialist in our team?"

Hiroyuki: "After what happened to our team, we need to win back the support of our fans. Plus... he is more than just a social media celebrity."

20190108202920.jpg

Takuma: "All right then... I just don't want to make our team look like we're craving for attention."

At 1:30, Takuma arrives. Kevin notices the purple GT3 RS parking beside his car.

Kevin: "Man, that 991 RS is THICK. Makes my 997 slender in comparison."

20190108202817.jpg

Then Takuma goes around inspecting Kevin's ride.

20190108202824.jpg

Kevin: "He's looking around my car. Maybe the livery distracted him."

20190108202833.jpg

Takuma finally makes his way to the meeting room. Upon entering, he sees Hiroyuki and the applicant waiting for him.

Hiroyuki: "Oh there you are. Let's start the interview. By the way, this young man here is named Kevin Kern."

Takuma: "Kevin Kern, huh?"

Kevin stands up and bows in front of Takuma.

Kevin: "Nice to meet you... uh???"

Takuma: "Just call me Takuma. Drop the honorifics."

Kevin: "Right... Takuma. A pleasure and honor to finally see you in person."

The three then sit down. Kevin somehow looks uneasy sitting in front of the two Japanese drivers, but he then takes a gulp to shake off the tension.

Hiroyuki: "All right. I have studied your credentials, and they are all interesting. A cosplayer and a race car driver? That's a fascinating mix."

Kevin: "I do get that a lot. I took up cosplaying and gymnastics since I thought I wasn't able to secure a position in a racing team. But I have studied in a racing academy and... I'm in the same batch as Kiehl Muller. "

Takuma: "Kiehl Muller, huh?"

Kevin then shows a grin on his face upon hearing that name.

Kevin: "Just so you know...

"...I've beaten him. Thrice."

Takuma's eyes widened upon learning that revelation. There's something more on Kevin than meets the eye... definitely a lot more.

Kevin: "Though of course I still sharpened my skills after the academy, I can't just be complacent."

Hiroyuki: "Then you must have encountered one of our members - Nigel Heidelberg - who runs the said academy."

Kevin: "Yes sir. But he wasn't my instructor, though."

Hiroyuki then turns another page on Kevin's resume and briefly reads another set of qualifications.

Hiroyuki: "Hmmmm... so you have amassed over 7 million subscribers in YouTube and 7.5 million followers on Instagram, and counting. It does seem we could use a social media specialist for our team."

Kevin: "Yes sir. And I was aware of your troubles lately, and I believe I can get you out of that thanks to my expertise."

Hiroyuki: "Actually, we're trying to control the damage, but you knowing about what happened clearly shows how bad it was."

Kevin: "Even I would be mortified if the same thing happened to me."

Takuma: "However, we also need a driver, not just a social media specialist. You see, successful applicants land on Dream Alliance Japan first. We decide if we will send you to our Global division stationed here, or you stay in our Japan division. Dream Alliance Japan was created to train our newbie race car drivers for major events. It's not just composed of Japanese members, in fact you're the first foreign member to be sent there if you are successful in our test. However, don't be mistaken that DAJ is just for newbies. In fact, our top racers used to be members of Global. My twin, Takanori, is the head honcho."

Kevin: "I see. Did you mention a test? Ummmm.... does it involve written tests?"

Takuma: "No... it only involves driving. You get to pick where you want to show off your skill."

Kevin takes time to think of a venue.

Kevin: "Oh, really? Well... ummmmm.... how about we go to Lake Maggiore in Italy? I haven't been there."

Takuma and Hiroyuki briefly look at each other, but then the two would immediately nod to the suggestion.

Takuma: "All right. Maggiore it is. We'll let you go now, so once you've headed back home, pack your stuff and we'll meet here by 12 am tomorrow. Lake Maggiore is a 7 hour drive from here, that's why. Then we'll check in a hotel just within the circuit's premises to have some rest before we get into testing."

Kevin: "Got it! See you by midnight!"

Takuma and Kevin meet up at the appointed time. Takuma decides to take the convoy to a scenic route despite the sun not yet rising at the wee hours of the morning. He does love the alps after all.

Kevin: "Takuma-san is known to favor driving around the mountain passes in the Alps.

20190309154355.jpg

Kevin then puts up a sinister smile, however...

Kevin: "I'll make sure even the likes of him will be taken by surprise. He has yet to see my true potential. Heh."

20190309154404.jpg

Despite the little detour on the mountain passes, they managed to arrive at Autodromo Lago Maggiore Circuit at 7:30 in the morning.

20190309154420.jpg

Then the two check in, sharing a room together.

Kevin would hop on the bed immediately after placing his luggage nearby the window. He stretches out his arms upward before shutting himself off.

Kevin: "Ja, Oyasumi!"

This surprised Takuma, not only the Japanese phrase but also Kevin's similarity to Takanori.

Takuma: "Huh... asleep already? He didn't even bother opening his luggage. Perhaps he needs as much energy as he can for the drive later. What a guy. He's a total goofball... similar to Takanori. I would honestly like to keep him in the Global division. But he has to prove his mettle first."

After a two-hour nap, the pair decides to start the testing.

When they arrive at the track, they are not alone. Someone is running around as well.

20190110183317.jpg

It turns out to be Pietro Guidicelli with Russell Midfield as the passenger. The young Italian social media star suddenly disappeared from the social media realm and intends to start a clean slate.

Meanwhile, Kevin and Takuma make some initial preparations at the pit garage.

Takuma couldn't help but ask the reason for the venue.

Takuma:
"Out of all the circuits, why here?"

Kevin: "I haven't driven on this track. I think this is perfect for our "test", am I right?"

20190110183252.jpg

Pietro was struggling to get the grips on the rental 458, a far cry from his very own.

20190110183324.jpg

20190110183331.jpg

The two then decided to get in the track too, as Kevin is done inspecting his 997's tires.

Kevin: "I'm all set."

Takuma notices the 458 passing by the main straight.

Takuma: "We've got company."

Kevin: "I see. Well, I'll chase it."

Kevin floors the accelerator. He revels at the loud, high-pitch roar of the legendary Mezger flat six.

Kevin: "I'm so loving how this beast roars!"

20190110183337.jpg

Takuma takes note of the car's feel and movements as well.

Takuma: "I've never heard of a flat six like this. But surely there's more to this engine than just sound."

Russell now realizes they're not alone as he sees a speck of Kevin's GT3 at the passenger side mirror.

20190110183345.jpg

Russell: "We're no longer alone."

Pietro: "Oh... well, what should I do?"

Russell: "Just focus ahead. You're here only to learn."

Back in the GT3, Takuma makes observations on Kevin's movements - steering, gear shifting, and footwork.

Takuma: "Seems promising so far. He wrestles the car as if it's his routine. Car reviewers noted the 997 GT3 as a raw machine."

20190110183353.jpg

Kevin: "Gotta love the Sharkwerks 4.1 EVOMS kit! Five hundred forty all natural horsepower!"

Takuma: "No wonder this pulls better than my 991 GT3 RS despite the similarity in horsepower. He had the engine stroked to 4.1 liters?"

Kevin: "I wonder what's that car ahead? Seems fast too."

Kevin steps on the brakes rather late, reaping the benefits of having the engine placed far back. Braking is one of RR layout's greatest fortes. The lack of weight in the front would make the front brakes more efficient in stopping and having the majority of the car's bulk at the rear stabilizes braking.

20190110183404.jpg

Takuma immediately notices Kevin's late braking technique.

Takuma: "He definitely knows how to handle a 911. Gotta admit, I may have to take notes from him on how to drive one."

Kevin locks on to his would-be opponent.

20190110183415.jpg

And a duel between social media celebrities would commence...

End of Page 2

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

- Noticed the two scapes of the Porsche convoy? I'm trying something using the in-game filters.

Page 3: Curiosity

(Background Music)

The chase begins, and a perfect opportunity for Kevin to prove his mettle to Takuma.

Kevin performs quick hand movements on shifting down the cogs. Then the GT3 hits the apex with ease, something that piqued Takuma.

Takuma: "All car reviewers criticised the 997 GT3 as having understeer on turn in. From what I'm seeing, Kevin makes sure to eliminate that through sheer skill alone!"

20190110183421.jpg

Takuma: "And that quick shifting... reminds of me rally drivers."

The Porsche inches closer to the Ferrari as the two cars reach the main straightaway.

Takuma: "Now I'll see how he overtakes."

Kevin finally recognizes the car ahead.

Kevin: "Oh! A 458! That car's reaaaaaally gorgeous!"

20190110183430.jpg

Kevin once again takes advantage of Porsche's legendary braking ability as he sets his eyes on the 458 on the first corner.

20190110183437.jpg

The German sports car is just a moments away of overtaking the Italian exotic.

Kevin: "I'm right behind you, horsey!"

20190110183446.jpg

The 997 GT3 breathes down on the 458, as expected by the rivalry of a generation.

20190110183453.jpg

The two cars finally line up next to each other. Its respective drivers look at each other, and to their surprise...

20190110183501.jpg

Kevin: "It can't be! He's... back?!"

Pietro: "Kevin Kern?! What is he doing here?!"

However, now's not the time for nostalgia. Kevin focuses on the test at hand. He buries the throttle and manages to overtake the Ferrari.

Russell: "Why do I have the feeling I've met this man before?"

But he quickly brushed that off the moment he sees the Sharkwerks decal on GT3's the engine cover.

Russell: "Heh. You're in big trouble, boy."

20190110183507.jpg

Pietro: "Eh?"

Russell: "Sharkwerks... a California-based Porsche tuner. They've shot to popularity thanks to that 4.1 stroker kit. They make crazy fast Porsches."

20190110183520.jpg

Takuma then starts to question Kevin about the chance encounter.

Takuma: "You know that 458 driver?"

Kevin: "Wow... I'm surprised you don't know him. His name is Pietro Guidicelli, a popular name in Instagram. He considers himself as my rival, but we did several collabs before. Lately, everyone was wondering where he went. He just disappeared into thin air.

Now that he's back... time to have some fun!"

Kevin pushes his foot down hard on the accelerator, signifying his intentions of battle.

(Background Music)

20190111153703.jpg

Kevin: "Let's see if you can outdo me this time, Pietro!"

Kevin ups his ante, knowing full well his social media rivalry with the Italian racer.

20190111153720.jpg

Meanwhile, Pietro got distracted by the Porsche's outrageous livery.

Pietro: "Still... I can't stand that ghastly livery! Cars are not cosplay playthings!"

Their rivalry starts to push Pietro to his limits.

20190111153726.jpg

Pietro seems to have forgotten the fact that the rental 458 is in its manufacturer specifications, so he simply can't push it the way he wants to.

Pietro: "That didn't work."

Russell: "Stop being stubborn and focus on the car. Leave that man alone, if I were you."

20190111153732.jpg

20190111153739.jpg

However, Kevin's superiority shines in their encounter.

Kevin: "So... where's your pride now, amico mio? Don't tell me you also ditched your driving!"

Takuma, on the other hand, isn't too favorable of Kevin's chattiness.

Takuma: "Oh my god... he's as talkative as Takanori. Good thing he'll be shipped over to Dream Alliance Japan. Those two would be like talk show hosts."

20190111153746.jpg

However, Pietro's edginess proves to be his downfall.

20190111153752.jpg

Which costs him the race...

20190111153759.jpg

Russell: "And here goes the rental car. You'll be cleaning that."

Kevin obviously notices that his rival is no longer chasing him.

20190111153805.jpg

Kevin: "Eh? Where is he? Did something happen?"

Takuma: "Leave him be. We're done with the assessment. Great job so far."

Takuma decides to end the test, but it then raises further questions from him...

Takuma: "His expertise on the Porsche 911 is clearly godlike. I really could use some tips from him. But I don't want to come out as a total dunce. How does he handle it? More importantly, how come someone who does cosplaying and social media for most of the time can get THAT good?"

At the circuit's parking lot, Takuma and Kevin exit the car. The former is ready to hand out his assessment.

Kevin enthusiastically starts the conversation, however. He's eager to know the result.

Kevin: "Well? How did I fare?"

Takuma: "You did a great job. I wasn't expecting someone to be on the track too, but it did provide an opportunity to test your overtaking skill. You did a safe overtake, and that is actually good. We prioritize clean driving among everything else. Plus, I'm quite impressed on how you shift down the cogs there. It reminded me of rally drivers.

Overall, that was a stellar performance. If I had it my way, I would assign you to the Global division immediately. But clearly, I'm not the boss here."

The response is pleasing to Kevin's ears.

Kevin: "Oh I'm so honored to be driving next to you, Takuma-san. And I'm happy that you are impressed with my performance. I was actually anxious earlier until that Pietro guy shows up."

As if on cue, the rental 458 shows up. Pietro and Russell exit the car as well.

20190111153814.jpg

Pietro: "Kevin Kern? What a surprise!"

Kevin would make a good start of their reunion.

Kevin: "Ciao! Pietro's back! So... how's life after running away from the spotlight?"

Pietro: "I'm changing my ways, that's what. How about you? How did you turn from cosplayer to... a racer? Do you even take this thing seriously, or is it another one of those rackets?"

Kevin: "I have a much more serious motivation behind what I'm doing. What it is, is none of your business."

Pietro: "Master of suspense as usual. When will I expect it? On your next livestream?"

All of a sudden, Kevin snaps. His bright demeanour transforms to a darker side - a colder one, and with a hint of sadness.

Kevin: "It's a lot bigger than you think. Don't you ever dare laugh this off."

Even someone like Takuma would react with shock. He did not expect that from the usually cheerful German social media star.

Takuma: "What's going on? I feel tension already... That is not typical of him."

However, Kevin would immediately drop that act and returns to his optimistic self.

Kevin: "Well then, it was nice seeing you again! Good luck on the Nurburgring VLN. Tschau! Let's go, Takuma-san."

The duo from Dream Alliance finally departs. Russell takes more fascination towards that newbie.

Russell: "That brief moment he showed his true colors... clearly there's something I've forgotten. I can't put my finger on it.

But... Takuma is also there. I might have been compromised. Gotta do something."

******************************************************************************************************************************************************************

The pair heads back to the hotel to enjoy lunch and recuperate. In the hotel room, Kevin just lies down on the bed, watching an anime program on the television, showing his fondness on Japanese culture.

Takuma excuses himself and makes a phone call to Hiroyuki outside the room.

Takuma: "Hello, Hiroyuki-san?"

Hiroyuki: "Takuma, it's you. So how did the test go?"

(Background Music)

Takuma: "He's ready to be shipped off to Japan. He performed way past my expectations."

Hiroyuki: "Is that so? I always trust your judgement."

Takuma: "However, something bothered me earlier. It's not his racing skills, though. There was a moment that...

...he showed something different. Like he had a dark side."

Hiroyuki: "Each person has their own faults, Takuma. You can't expect Kevin to be a totally cheerful person."

Takuma: "I know, sir. But that brief transition I witnessed...

...it scared me, to be honest."

Hiroyuki: "It's going to be difficult to judge since I wasn't there. Anyhow, the objective of the test was to deduce if his skills are worthy enough to be a part of us. And based on your observation, I would send him off to start his career. Give me a more detailed report by the e-mail, okay? I'm expecting it by tomorrow morning."

Takuma: "Got it, sir."

The call ends, and Takuma gets back in the room. But his curiosity still bothers him as he looks at Kevin watching on the TV.

Takuma: "He definitely showed a bit of great skill back there. Now... I want to learn more about the 911. Now's my chance to get pointers."

Takuma: "Hey, Kevin."

Kevin looks at his roommate.

Kevin: "What is it, sir?"

Takuma: "I've been thinking. What if we get back on the track for another test?"

Kevin: "Another test?"

Takuma: "I'd call it... a driver shootout. I just want to make sure that you truly have the chops."

Kevin: "What are we going to do?"

Takuma: "This time around, we'll use my GT3 RS."

20190310165211.jpg

Takuma: "I'll first set a lap time while you are the passenger. Then we'll switch places and you have to beat my record. Sounds simple?"

Kevin: "Oh... okay."

By sundown, the pair returns to the track.

20190310165222.jpg

Takuma puts on his helmet and racing gloves. Kevin does the same and straps in the passenger seat.

Then they set off. After a warm up lap, Takuma goes on full throttle.

Takuma: "Let's start."

20190310165238.jpg

Takuma: "I'm trying to break that cheerful facade of yours, Kevin. Surely, you can't be goofing around in a race track, am I right?"

End of Page 3

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

- I'm making frequent posts again. Why? Because I'm heading to Europe (Italy and Spain) by the end of April until the second week of May. I want this arc to be done before I make preparations for my travel. I could start the next arc before that, but definitely there will be a hiatus during the trip.

- You've noticed a bit of Kevin's sudden change of attitude even when he debuted in Passione Italia III. For someone like Takuma to grow concerned to the point of fear is saying something...

Page 4: 911 Meister

(Background Music)

20190310165238.jpg

Takuma's shootout begins. Kevin is at the passenger seat, observing the top driver's movements while holding on to the running stop watch - a chance only a few that deserve.

Kevin: "I'm genuinely curious as to how can I stack up to him. It's an honor riding shotgun with THE Black Dragon."

20190310165244.jpg

Takuma could be feeling humbled too...

Takuma: "Kevin clearly has the know-how on driving the 911. Plus, I'm not yet used to this track."

Kevin observes Takuma's footwork. For him, something is... lacking.

Kevin: "He's too gentle on the pedals. Could it be because this is a brand-new car he bought just recently?"

20190310165250.jpg

Takuma: "I am the more excited one, to be frank. I really want to learn on how to drive a 911. My reference point for now is Nigel's RUF CTR!"

Sure enough, he's using half throttle on mid-corner then buries it fully on the exit. He's used to wrestling peaky cars in his whole career.

20190310165257.jpg

Kevin: "I'd be honest right now. Surely this isn't your best, is it? Or maybe because, you treat this as a difficult to tame monster?"

Kevin stops recording the moment they crossed the line. Takuma completed the lap in 2 minutes and 13.2 seconds.

20190310165303.jpg

Takuma: "I hope you don't misunderstand me, Kevin. I still can't get my grip on this car yet."

And then they return to the pit garage to switch drivers. All of a sudden, Takuma decides to come clean. He rarely breaks his wall, but whenever he does, he doesn't hold back his weaknesses.

Takuma: "Actually Kevin, I will be honest. This Porsche was bought very recently. I taught myself on how to drive this car... on a basic level. So whatever the time I set earlier, it was because I'm still getting the grips. An air-cooled 911 was my basis on driving this. So, I hope you don't take this the wrong way."

Kevin: "No no... not at all! I'm actually impressed that you are putting in a lot of effort in learning new things. I would understand since this is your first Porsche 911. Learning is a never-ending aspect in life."

20190310165222.jpg

Takuma: "You see, I set it in such a way that it's easier to drive. But can you do me a favor?"

Kevin: "Sure, Takuma-san. What is it?"

Takuma: "Since you drive a 911 longer than I do, show me how you do it. It won't matter to me if you use all the tire grip. I give you the permission to go all out."

Kevin steps back a little, obviously astounded by the instruction.

Kevin: "Are you sure? It's your car, and it will be my fault if something bad were to happen."

Takuma: "No, silly. It will be MY fault since I let it happen. I gave the instruction, so therefore it's my responsibility."

Kevin puts up a smile upon being assured. Then he puts back his helmet on and his racing gloves.

The pair once again go back in the car, with Kevin in the helm this time around.

After a brief warm up lap, Takuma starts recording. Kevin places his foot fully buried on the accelerator. The high-revving naturally aspirated flat six engine sings in its full volume on the main straight.

(Background Music)

20190310165309.jpg

Takuma: "All right. Time to see your fangs, Kevin. Surely you're hiding them beneath your impish smile."

On the first corner, Kevin immediately notices the Porsche's compliant handling.

Kevin: "It is indeed well-balanced. A shame that Takuma-san can't push it... for now."

Then on the hairpin, Kevin buries the throttle on mid-corner. The RS' rear buries its tires for immense traction. This widened Takuma's eyes.

20190310165316.jpg

Takuma: "HE BURIES IT MID-CORNER?! Had I done it in Nigel's CTR, I would spin!"

As a result, the corner exit speed is exceptionally faster.

20190310165322.jpg

Takuma: "This rocket-like corner exit... My 911 can do that?! It feels like a 4WD!"

On the other hand, Kevin praises the setup the 911 has.

Kevin: "Only Manthey Racing can tune a 911 like this. I'm loving it!"

At the second hairpin, Kevin takes advantage of the GT3 RS' rear-wheel steering alongside the rear engine traction benefits... by accelerating early on the middle of the bend.

20190310165329.jpg

Kevin: "I don't want to geek out, but the 991 chassis almost has the traits of a mid-engined car. And the steering is as expected - lovely."

On the S bends, Kevin transfers weight by briefly decelerating and going back to the throttle in an instant.

Takuma: "All right. Expect myself to be humiliatingly slow."

20190310165336.jpg

Takuma: "Dream Alliance Japan could definitely use a driver of this caliber!"

20190310165342.jpg

Kevin would open up the throttle in points where Takuma would back off earlier. Modern 911s are now considered precision driving tools, always setting the standard for sports and supercars alike.

20190310165348.jpg

Takuma felt that the lap was done in a flash. And a flash indeed. The stopwatch reveals 2 minutes and 7.9 seconds.

20190310165354.jpg

Takuma: "What the...?! Is this for real?! I'm 6 seconds slower! Kevin, are you...?"

The session has ended. At the pit garage, Takuma flashes the stopwatch right in front of Kevin.

20190310165222.jpg

Kevin: "Wow. Just wow."

Takuma: "That's my line, actually. And you say that you are merely a social media star."

Kevin: "I've been driving around the Nurburgring at times, so..."

Takuma: "And you said before you've defeated Kiehl Muller three times. There's still something I can't put my finger on."

Kevin removes his helmet and gloves, and places them on the table. He briefly looks up at the ceiling, and then faces back to Takuma.

Kevin: "There's something I missed out on the interview."

Takuma: "Which is?"

Kevin: "After my stint at Nigel's racing academy, I polished my skills further. But clearly that wasn't going to be easy since there's no one to tutor me."

Takuma: "There are indeed people who can't learn stuff on their own. And it's no bad thing."

Kevin: "Ever heard of... Walter Röhrl?"

Takuma's eyes widened once again upon hearing the revelation.

Takuma: "The legendary Walter Röhrl took Kevin under his wing?! No wonder Kevin drives the 911 like an absolute madman."

Kevin: "It wasn't because of my social media presence. He simply took interest of me after he saw me drive once in the academy. He gave me a call, and the rest is history."

With Kevin fully confirming on his racing origins, Takuma is satisfied with the answer, and gave him a smile and a pat on the shoulder.

Takuma: "Let me be the first person to say... Welcome to Dream Alliance. Congratulations. No doubt you'll bring the brand new team into new heights. Make them proud."

Upon hearing the acceptance, Kevin jumps once in excitement.

Kevin: "YES! FINALLY! Oh thank you, Takuma-san. This is what I've been waiting for! I will not let you down!"

Takuma: "All right. Let me just finish up on the report and Hiroyuki-san will give further instructions. You have to prepare for your departure to Japan."

Kevin starts a new adventure on his newly formed career path. Dream Alliance Japan is waiting...

End of Page 4

Page 5 - Land of The Rising Sun

Time: 10 pm

It was a successful testing day for Kevin. This might give him a sleepless night. A new path awaits him.

While Takuma is sleeping, Kevin goes out the balcony, to make a quick video post delivering the great news to his fans. He then faces the phone camera to himself and starts recording.

"Hello guys, dascosplayer here. I am so excited right now tell you guys...

...I MADE IT! Yes, I finally entered the Dream Alliance racing team! I never thought I'd see this day. I'll be going to Japan to undergo training and take part in races as well. I'm so excited to meet Takanori-san and the other legends there. This is a HUGE step forward. Expect me to share you some track day action! And about my Porsche 356 resto-mod... hmmmm...

...I'll update you on that as well. It may have come to a temporary halt, but I'll make sure to finish it and unveil for all of you to see!
Oh man... I'm so excited. Japan is a dream come true for me, not only as a cosplayer, but also as a racer. I've been dreaming of going there since I started wearing anime costumes. I wonder what will I do in Akihabara... hmmmm... let me know any suggestions, guys.

Anyhow, it's such a great day for me and I think I won't be able to sleep with all this excitement. I'll catch you guys later!
Peace out!"

After that brief video recording, he posts it in the Story board of his Instagram account.

He then looks up at the starry night sky. He even moves his hand around, drawing constellations using his imagination. A slight gust of wind blows, and then suddenly...

...a single tear flows from his right eye.

Kevin: "Look, Mom... I see a Big Dipper! We used to this before, mother. But I can no longer look forward to it... I miss you..."

He then bends down on the railing and breaks down, moaning.

Takuma turns around, slightly opening his eye. He sees Kevin sobbing on the balcony. But he shuts himself immediately.

Takuma: "Whoa... that's the side of Kevin I didn't expect to see. I guess even the happiest of people have the saddest of memories."

The next day, the pair checked out early and head back to Germany. However, upon arriving there they had parted ways since Kevin will go back to his home in Stuttgart as instructed by Takuma to pack his things as he'll be spending a few days in the Dream Alliance headquarters for orientation before being sent off to Japan.

Time: 6 pm

Kevin arrives at the Dream Alliance HQ by sundown. He brings a big bag and a luggage containing all his things needed for his stay. He is then directed to his sleeping quarters.

He'll be staying for a couple of days for the team's orientation of new members. After settling, he goes out and meets Takuma in the lobby.

Takuma: "All good? I'll give you a little tour."

As they walk around, Kevin notices Takuma's LM55 outside, ready to be pushed in to the garage.

20190312175559.jpg

Kevin: "Is that your...?"

Takuma: "Ah... my LM55. I might pit this in the Gr.1 category. Haven't decided yet. But Dream Alliance Japan already has confirmed joining there."

Kevin: "Gr.1, huh?"

Takuma: "Dream Alliance Japan currently has a roster of N500, Group 3, and Group 1 cars."

While the mechanics push the LM55 in, the pair then looks at the recently repaired BMW M6 GT3.

20190312175610.jpg

Kevin: "You're joining the 4-hour VLN with the M6?"

Takuma: "Nope. Just the M4 in Gr. 4 category. We're contemplating if we will still run with this. But one breakdown shouldn't stop us, right?"

Kevin: "Have you found out who was responsible on sabotaging your major sponsors?"

Takuma stops his walk briefly and turns to Kevin.

Takuma: "As much I appreciate your concern, let me say to you that you should focus more on racing for Dream Alliance Japan. We will handle this."

Kevin: "Okay, then."

Hiroyuki and Nigel arrive. The team head and Kevin shake hands once more.

Hiroyuki: "Congratulations. I'm happy that we have a driver like you joining our ranks. You'll be spending three days here for your orientation and then you're off to Japan."

Nigel: "Since you will also act as our social media specialist, I made an Instagram account. You and Takuma-san will have access for it. Takuma-san will post on behalf of Global, while you will be posting for DA Japan."

They all head to the board room to start the orientation proper.

Time: 10 am, four days later

Kevin has finally set foot on the Land of The Rising Sun the day before, and he's living in a home provided for by the team. He's currently roaming around the vibrant metropolis with Takanori.

Brimming with excitement, the pair goes to Akihabara, a mecca for anime lovers like Kevin.

akihabara.jpg

He stops by at every character shop and revels at whatever he sees. He takes photos and records videos for his own Instagram account. Takanori is just behind, observing Kevin.

Kevin: "It's so kawaii!!!"

Takanori: "All right... he's a total weaboo. But hey, can't blame the popularity of anime!"

Then they stop by at a shop in which Kevin researched its address through the Internet. It's a shop that sells cosplay goods that Kevin buys online. Since he finally arrived at the store, he takes this opportunity to buy various character costumes.

Kevin: "I'll take that... I'll also buy that... Oooh, I've been looking for this for a long time! I'm loving this!"

Takanori could only scratch his head but smile as he sees Kevin in utopia. Kevin even takes a selfie, a landmark moment of him finally reaching the very store he sources all his cosplay needs.

Takanori: "Wow! You could have just bought everything in the store!"

Kevin: "I can't help it! Gotta seize the opportunity!"

Kevin made a bulk purchase, in which he even gained a discount knowing he's a frequent buyer not to mention his celebrity status.

They get out of the store, with Kevin carrying all the purchased items on his back.

As expected, though... some of the locals who turn out be fans recognize him, and asked to take a selfie with him. To top it off, he even performs a handstand break dancing pose which is his trademark move whenever he visits anime or comic conventions. This prompts his fans to take a photo of that pose.

Takanori: "Wow. Yep, we really could use a good PR stunt for the team."

By lunch time, they enjoy their meal at a popular maid cafe. Of course, Kevin asks for a selfie, which one of the waitresses complies. A peace sign is in order.

After a wonderful day spent in Akihabara, they head over to Dream Alliance Japan's recently finished headquarters in Yokohama.

Takanori leads Kevin to their garage, and presents two cars:

20190312175618.jpg

A pair of Toyota GR Supras, in road and Gr.3 trims.

Takanori: "Dream Alliance Japan has signed a contract with Toyota. Though the road car had to be purchased by our own as per the N class rules."

20190312175625.jpg

Takanori: "It's modified to meet N500 regulations, with Balance of Performance applied."

Kevin: "Really cool. It's a wonderful piece of German... I mean... Japanese... no, German... engineering."

Takanori: "G-German?"

Kevin: "Das auto ist Bayerische Motoren Werke, ja?" (That car is a BMW, am I right?)

Takanori:
"Ah... okay, okay. I get the meme. Well, anyway, let's take it for a drive. You take the helm."

They set off for a shakedown in Tokyo Expressway. The modified BMW twin scroll turbocharged inline six picks up immediately upon application of the throttle.

(Background Music)

20190312175633.jpg

Though of course they had to be discreet about it, hence Kevin can only do short bursts on chosen portions of the elevated highway.

20190312175650.jpg

Takanori: "How does it feel?"

20190312175657.jpg

Kevin: "This suspension is tuned well, considering the increase in power. It tucks in line neatly."

Exiting the tunnel, Kevin gives it another push at the short straight.

20190312175704.jpg

Takanori: "That surge of boost is addictive, isn't it?"

20190312175642.jpg

Kevin: "Ja, wunderbar! Freude am fahren!" (Yes, it's wonderful. It's the Joy of Driving!)

******************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Time: 3 pm

In a luxurious hotel located in the equally posh Ginza district, Mila Janson arrives at the front desk for a check in. After a brief processing, she heads over to her room, with a bellboy assisting with her luggage.

After setting in, she opens her trolley where she gets her laptop. She then sits down by the desk and opens her laptop.

Immediately after warm up, she composes an E-mail. A letter of request for an interview to be sent to...

...Kazunori Yamauchi.

Mila: "This should do it. I too, have a mission to fulfill. You're not going through with this alone. I'm just as stubborn as you are."

End of Page 5

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

- Kevin went from sad to total weaboo. And that BMW joke... :lol:

- Who is Mila referring to? Hmmmm.... :confused:

VOLUNTEERS NEEDED!

- It will be a three-way battle in Tokyo Expressway: South Inner Loop. Sports Soft tires, N500 BoP on.

I need a volunteer each for driving these:

blitzgelb996.jpg

roosopistaf50.jpg

Liveries are shared, though restricted to Friends only. If this is your first time doing it, please send me a friend request first.

PSN ID: RCKakashi14

Here are the settings for each:

996setup2.jpg

996setup1.jpg

f50setup2.jpg

f50setup1.jpg

Gear ratio setup steps:

1. Set top speed
2. Set individual ratios
3. Adjust final drive

Lobby will be open at 5:30 am (GMT+8) tomorrow.

From the cars of the main rivals that Kevin/Takanori would be facing, I assume that would lead to a battle with drivers from Team Blitzgelb (Porsche) and Rosso Pista (Ferrari) respectively.

Oh and hello my old friend. I do remember you from my old PSN ID (razaqafazran1103). But since then I've retired that in favour of my current PSN ID (razaqa11). I do occasionally see your N-class lobbies and remembered you joining in my failed GTP Sunday Cup opening lobby where I told you to join said Livery Editor Competition round, plus that Le Mans Gr.4 race with some extreme tyre wear and no tyre restrictions made to trap those who just go to the lobby with a car fitted with the ultra quick-burning Super Softs.

I do also remember being the driver of the green Ford GT back when I was doing some volunteer stuff where I accidentally ran away to the point that the story changed from "The GT driver toyed with some guys in an FD and an R30" to "the GT has completely vanished once they're onto a straight section following their race on the loop section."

I'm liking where the story goes so far, sad that I stopped reading the Takuma Gaiden GT6 series at some point way before the LFA's Song page...

Oh and will Kevin get to drive an itasha at some point as and extra filler showing more of his weebness?

Page 6 - Investigative Journalist

Time: 9 am, the next day

It's a cold spring morning in Tokyo, but the hotel room where Mila is staying at is warm and cozy.

She is at her laptop, waiting for the Polyphony Digital's response. No such e-mail has arrived, but she's patient and is willing to wait another day.

She could use this day to roam around the streets of Tokyo once more.

And so she heads outside, to enjoy breakfast. She's had enough with hotel breakfast that she didn't even take up the breakfast vouchers while booking. She appreciates local cuisine in wherever country she goes to.

She knows of a convenience store just a block away, and while walking among the bystanders, she sees a black Porsche parking on the side.

20190313205347.jpg

However, a particular Instagram account grabs her attention, located on where the license plate should be.

20190313205358.jpg

Mila: "vgtmurder? Huh... someone had an audacity to put up an Instagram account to be seen on public. Must be an attention seeker, pretty much what people do nowadays for fun. It has the word "murder" in its handle. Gotta check that out."

She immediately carries on her way, but she would set aside that curiosity later. Hunger strikes, so she has to reach the store.

Mila arrives at the convenience store. It's teeming with patrons and the cashier line is long. But she doesn't mind at all. She takes some time in choosing her breakfast. She browses through the packaged meal section and sees a variety of Japanese snacks such as rice balls and even a full meal such as ramen and bento lunch sets that can be re-heated upon purchase.

She picks the bento set, now she heads over the drinks section. She could use a warm can of black coffee. But just as she is about to grab it, another hand is seen taking it. She looks at her left....

...and it turns out Kevin is taking the can. The two briefly look at each other, in shock.

Kevin: "M...Mila?"

Mila: "Kevin?"

Kevin would smile at her, and offers to give the can to her.

Kevin: "Here, take it."

Mila: "No no no... you got it first. It's okay."

Kevin: "I'm... surprised to see you here."

Mila: "Me too. So, what brings you here?"

Kevin: "I'm a race car driver now. I belong to Dream Alliance Japan."

Mila: "I see. I'm happy for you. Well... gotta queue up now."

Kevin insists on offering the coffee to her.

Kevin: "You sure you're not taking this coffee?"

Mila: "I will have a complimentary hotel room coffee instead. Thanks."

Mila joins the queue while Kevin looks around the store for provisions. He sees Mila leaving the store after making the purchase. Kevin clenches his grip on the coffee can.

Kevin: "I'm sorry... MJ. I hope we can mend things someday."

Meanwhile, as Mila heads back to the hotel, her eyes tear up, but she fights it and just sniffles instead.

Brushing off the encounter earlier, Mila opens the bento set she purchased. It's still searing hot so she let it cool for a moment while helping herself with coffee from the mini bar.

She goes back to her laptop and opens her e-mail once more. And to her surprise, she sees a response from Polyphony Digital.

"Dear Ms. Janson,

Kazunori Yamauchi is available at your preferred schedule. He is ready and looking forward to your interview.

Have a nice day."

Mila: "Oh great!"

She pretty much prepared all the questions, so that's taken care of. But now her curiosity strikes back, she goes to Instagram and checks the "vgtmurder" account. The account already has gained traction as it has 5,000 followers, but it only has one post.

The post in question is a stock photo of Kazunori Yamauchi, presumably grabbed from an internet search engine, but the caption takes a cryptic tone:

"Kazunori Yamauchi. A man of vision? Or...

...a murderer?

Follow this account as we unravel the hidden truths behind what could have been the future of racing. You will never view him the same way ever again."

Mila gets unnerved by the cryptic post, but this definitely holds a great importance for her, as she will be interviewing Kazunori by tomorrow.

Mila: "This is a bombshell. I definitely gotta add this to the questionnaire. Does he even know about this?"

Time: 10 am, the next day

Mila arrives at the appointed time. The receptionist takes her to Kazunori's office. She sees the development team at work in their respective cubicles, typical to a workday.

They finally make it to the room. Kazunori is seen looking at his personal computer. But the receptionist gets his attention by knocking on the door and letting him know that Mila has arrived. He stands up and proceeds to shake hands with the journalist.

Kazunori: "Nice to meet you."

Mila: "A pleasure to meet you to, sir. Thank you for giving me this opportunity."

The receptionist leaves the two and closes the door.

Kazunori: "Please, have a seat."

Both Mila and Kazunori seat on their respective chairs. Mila opens her bag and takes out her questionnaire.

Mila: "Good morning, Mr. Yamauchi. Once again, let me thank you for giving me this opportunity for an interview. I am a freelance investigative journalist, and I have prepared these questions for you. I do hope that this session will go smoothly."

Kazunori: "Sure. No problem. I'm not going to hold back with my answers."

Mila: "Okay, first question: What is your current status regarding the Vision Gran Turismo Project? Sources say that you have revived it."

Kazunori: "You are correct that I have revived it. But we are taking it to a completely different direction. As you may be aware of, it has gotten a bad reputation in the past."

She takes down notes as what a journalist should do.

Mila: "All right. Let's move on to the next one: What are your plans regarding this project? Now that you have mentioned that you are taking it to a completely different direction."

Kazunori: "I have assembled a new team of racing car drivers who have illustrious careers, and of course we are to showcase new cars along with their innovations. I shall make an opening event in Kyoto in a few weeks time. I am inviting you to watch it."

Mila once again jots down his answer.

Mila: "Oh thank you, sir. I am looking forward to it. And on to the next question: What's your connection to Alan Long? And how are you updating yourself with his sudden disappearance? And what about Julie Meade? Julie is apparently on the run from her tax evasion case in the U.S.A and yet she ran an event in Alsace, France promoting your project."

Kazunori leans on his chair, aware of the fact that he cannot escape his previous stints.

Kazunori: "Alan Long was a good investor and colleague, but...

...allow me to be honest with you. He's... no longer associated with us. And I... currently don't know what he's up to. As for Julie Meade, her case is completely unrelated to us. She admitted that it's her own problem and she's ready to face it. But she is very hands on regarding my new project and is very supportive."

Mila then goes deeper, asking a heavier follow-up question.

(Background Music)

Mila: "But you do know, that there were a group of people who got murdered during your partnership with him. Have you conducted your own investigation regarding this matter?"

Kazunori: "Well, I did. But the problem is, all of them are still unsolved up to this day. I've contacted some of their families and I assured them that I will follow up on their cases. This responsibility is heavy for me to bear, but I must not run away from it. I was deeply shaken and even appalled with what has been done to them. They all happened under my watch, so therefore I'm responsible."

Mila: "What's your reaction towards this? You see, an Instagram account was created as an attempt to expose you."

Mila hands over her smartphone to Kazunori, showing the said Instagram account.

Mila: "Yesterday, it only had 5,000 followers. But now, it has grown to 150,000. And mind you, this only has one post, and yet it's powerful enough to gain the account a strong traction. Who knows what impact could the second post make?"

Kazunori could only shake his head as he sees that one cryptic post.

Mila: "Soon enough, people will see you as a murderer. How would you control this?"

Kazunori: "Sigh.... well, first of all, thank you for making me aware of this. This is the first time I've seen this account. But how did you manage to find it?"

Mila: "I've seen a black Porsche 911 with that handle seen on its license plate. Rather than sporting a Japanese license plate, that Instagram account was laid there, clear enough for the public to see. You gotta respect the audacity of the creator. Plus, that post is now Sponsored, so therefore it could randomly pop up in anyone's news feed."

Kazunori: "This could be one of my greatest challenges. I say... I accept it."

Mila: "That's an equally audacious answer, having to face something very serious."

Mila then proceeds to the next question....

Time: 12 pm, the next day

Kevin and Takanori take the bullet train to Mie Prefecture, intending to head over to Suzuka Circuit to meet the Hiramoto brothers.

Inside the train, Kevin is astounded by the train's world famous speed, running in excess of 300 kilometers per hour.

Kevin: "Wow... a first-timer in Japan should definitely not miss this!"

They arrive at Mie Prefecture at 12 in the afternoon. Next, they head over to the Hiramoto rest home just nearby Suzuka Circuit. They are welcomed by Nobuhiko and Nobuyuki Hiramoto, who also prepared lunch.

Kevin: "A pleasure to meet you, guys, Yoroshiku Onegaishimasu."

Kevin is also to learn the Japanese language during his tenure, and he had learned a few words a few days after his arrival.

The four sit by the dining table. The lunch is a traditional Japanese Kaiseki multi-course meal. It is an equivalent to the Western's Haute Cuisine. Nobuyuki has a penchant for cooking, and has insisted to prepare such special meal.

Kevin: "This is awesome! A traditional Japanese meal."

Kevin takes out his phone and takes a photo of the meal tray in front of him, as usual to post in his Instagram account. After that, they start eating.

Nobuhiko: "You are our new member, then? Surely you must be very fast. My father briefed us about you."

Kevin: "I wouldn't go as far as saying that I'm very fast. I'm still eager to learn. I can't be complacent after I got out of Nigel's racing academy."

Nobuyuki: "I like your humility, Kevin-san. And I've heard, you're... an anime fanatic. I've also checked your Instagram and it shows. I'm finding it hard to believe that a cosplayer would turn out to be a fast driver."

Kevin: "Gotta explore a lot of things while we're alive, am I right? I took interest in driving, and the rest is history."

Nobuhiko: "Oh, by the way, we're heading to Suzuka after lunch. You'll get to see Dream Alliance Japan's Group 1 representative. It's there at the moment, being taken care of our crew."

20190313205405.jpg

Nobuhiko: "I'll do some testing, while you can immerse yourself on how our crew works."

Takanori: "Sounds like a good plan! Right, Kevin-san?"

Kevin responds with delight, always looking for a worthwhile adventure.

Kevin: "Sure! I'm looking forward to it!"

End of Page 6

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

- The other part of MJ's interview would be revealed at the END of this arc (along with the vgtmurder's creator who obviously owns that black Porsche).

- The interview is also a part of another arc: A story arc focusing on the VGTs, and how Kaz would lead his brand new team while facing hurdles such as those murder cases. The arc in question will be the next arc, and some events would run in parallel with this arc.

- Expect the next page to have another lap shootout.

Last edited:
Page 7 - Genius

Time: 2:00 pm

After spending some time in the Hiramoto rest home, the group head to Suzuka Circuit, where in the Dream Alliance Japan crew has just finished their rest and back in working the Toyota TS050 Hybrid.

20190313205405.jpg

Kevin is mesmerized by the LMP1 racer's stance. It dons the famous Castrol livery colors, as personally preferred by Nobuhiko.

Kevin: "This is awesome! You know, your fans ought to know what you're doing and what your roster is."

Doing a part of his job. he takes a photo of the LMP1 racer and posts it in Dream Alliance's Instagam.

Takanori: "Oh yeah... I almost forgot what you're also supposed to do."

Nobuhiko puts on his race suit and helmet, as he finds out that the car is prepped to go for a practice lap.

He then gets in the cramped cockpit, and puts the steering wheel in place. Next, he performs the starting procedure by pressing certain buttons in order. The twin turbo 2.4 liter V6 roars to life.

Then the mechanics help in pushing the car out to the pit lane. The TS050 sets off for a warm up lap.

And then the recording starts once the race car crosses the line.

(Background Music)

20190313205448.jpg

Takanori breathes out a sigh, however.

Takanori: "Sigh... VLN race will be tomorrow. I'm actually worried for aniki..."

Kevin: "You mean, Takuma-san?"

Takanori: "Yeah. It will be up to him to bring the Global division back on track."

Kevin: "I'm definitely confident he'll pull through. He's been through a lot, right?"

Takanori: "That's what I always think. But this is about the team's future, not just him."

Clearing the first turn, the electric motors provide instant surge of boost upon application of the throttle.

However...

20190313205457.jpg

Nobuhiko: "Something is not right. The boost feels... awkward."

20190313205506.jpg

The car behaves well on the corners, on the other hand. The massive downforce makes it all possible.

Nobuhiko: "No problem on the cornering side, though. But still... burying the throttle could be risky."

20190313205512.jpg

Exiting the hairpin proved to be troublesome, as the sudden surge causes the tail to slip out.

20190313205519.jpg

Nobuhiko: "Ugh... this isn't right. Something could be wrong on the electrical system."

The TS050 instantly reaches 285 km/h on the back straight.

20190313205525.jpg

And the lap is completed in 1 minute and 47 seconds.

20190313205531.jpg

But clearly, this is something that could be scratched off. A glitch in the system, perhaps?

The car returns to the pit garage. Nobuhiko exits the car, shaking his head upon removing his helmet.

Nobuhiko: "Something is not right with this car. The handling is perfect, but the electric motors, on the other hand..."

Takanori: "Shall we replace the system again? It may take time and money to get a new one."

Nobuhiko: "Is there any way to recalibrate it? Oyaji strictly wants us to be thrifty."

Kevin overhears the conversation, prompting him to take out his laptop and cords from his backpack and approach the pair.

Kevin: "Maybe I can help."

Takanori: "What are you going to do?"

Kevin: "I can recalibrate the system. This will save time and money for us."

Nobuhiko: "Okay... just show us how."

Kevin gets to work by placing first the laptop on the table. He then connects the cords to the car's ECU located nearby the cockpit. He swiftly types on the keyboard and he analyzes several parameters and functions to find out the root cause of the problem.

Kevin: "Ah... I get it. This is simple. This happens over repeated use. What happened is that the system acted like an on-off switch, or to put it another way, similar to the old-school turbo lag. There is a waiting time until the system unleashed its full power, which it shouldn't be. The electric motors should provide all the power in an instant. Don't worry, it will take a few simple keystrokes. But of course, you have to replace the system after a long time."

Nobuhiko: "Amazing! This saved us from a lot of trouble."

Takanori: "Did you go to college? Seems like you can explain this to us casually."

Kevin: "Ah yes! I have a Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering. However, my mother had a PhD in Electrical Engineering, and so she would lecture me at home after school. It's as if I was studying two majors everyday. I would sleep late because of her lectures, but hey, I learned a lot about electronics too... free of charge."

Takanori: "Brilliant! So... how's your mother now?"

Kevin, however, answers in a depressing tone...

Kevin: "She... passed on."

Takanori: "Oh... I'm sorry to hear that. What about your father, then?"

Kevin presses the Enter button with agitation.

Kevin: "Oh... calibration is done. By the way, can I take it out for a spin? After all, I fixed it for you. And maybe you could make the final drive ratio a bit taller?"

Nobuhiko and Takanori briefly look at each other, with a hint of doubt on their faces. But the former quickly brushes it off.

Nobuhiko: "Sure. No problem. Be my guest."

After adjusting the gearing and change of tires, Kevin now takes the helm of the hybrid LMP1 race car. After another warm up lap, Kevin unleashes the beast.

(Background Music)

20190314153246.jpg

Kevin: "This feels all right now. The boost is predictable."

20190314153256.jpg

Meanwhile, Takanori gets a long-distance call from Takuma.

Takuma: "Hey, Takanori."

Takanori: "Aniki! What's up? Preparing for the 4-hour VLN?"

Takuma: "Obviously. And how's the newbie? I mean... the new guy?"

Takanori: "He has an impressive portfolio. He even saved us money from getting a new electrical system for the TS050 by recalibrating the motors like paperwork."

20190314153303.jpg

Takuma: "Never ever underestimate him. He was under the tutelage of Walter Röhrl and he has an FIA S-CLASS LICENSE. He didn't put that in the resume, but I found out after I did some digging on the FIA's database."

Takanori's eyes widened.

Takanori: "What?! For real?! He should be on YOUR side!"

Takuma: "If I have it my way, I would. But your team needs someone like him. I can vouch for him all day."

Back on the track, the TS050 now points straight after exiting the hairpin, which Nobuhiko struggled earlier.

20190314153310.jpg

Kevin: "Very well then, it can now go straight after the exit. The slightly taller gearing helped too."

20190314153316.jpg

After the Spoon Curve, Kevin confidently applies full throttle. The instant surge of power can now be felt easily, and the rapid acceleration prompts him to pay attention to the rpm gauge to switch gears rapidly.

Kevin: "These things are addicting! Hehe!"

Meanwhile, back in the phone conversation between the twins...

Takuma: "Takanori, there's something you must do."

Takanori: "What is it?"

Takuma: "Watch over Kevin, okay? He's skilled and kind of a goofball, but there is something from him that I saw briefly. It honestly scared me."

Takanori: "He's okay in my book. What should I do? Stalk him?"

20190314153322.jpg

Takuma: "Not stalk him, baka. Observe him as discreetly as possible. That "something" I mentioned could go off like a ticking time bomb."

Takanori: "All right then. Whatever you say. Good luck on the race tomorrow. Keep up the good fight."

The improved TS050 set a lap time of 1 minute and 45.1 seconds.

20190314153334.jpg

Nobuhiko smiles upon seeing the result.

Nobuhiko: "He's the real deal, all right. Thankfully my father assigned him over to us."

End of Page 7

LIVERY CONTEST TIME!!!

As appreciation for reading this story, I now launch my first ever livery contest!

So here's the car you would be working on:

20190314154125.jpg

And the team logo in SVG will be uploaded here too, as a zip file. Please check below.
For some reason, when I shared the decal in the game, it's in private and the tags I put in are not seen.

logo.png

Geschwindigkeit is also the title of a future arc, not just a team name. Basically it's the German Dream Alliance of sorts, composed of the Red Stream (Kevin), the Yellow Flash (Kiehl) and the Black Mist (to debut in the said arc).

RULES:

- The car must be the R18 2016 model.

- Color scheme would be the colors of the German flag.

- The team logo must be seen, and the car's number is 96, as seen above. The "HY" logo must be intact as well.

- The four ring Audi logo must be seen on the car's nose.

- No offensive features, please. Keep it clean.

- Submit your entries here, with a photo and the link for download. Only one entry is allowed and no editing after you make the submission.

- The winner would be announced at the END of this story arc, and of course will have the honor to be featured in the story!

LET YOUR CREATIVE JUICES FLOW! AND GOOD LUCK!

Attachments

• Geschwindigkeit logo.zip
    3.6 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Page 8 - RS Hybrid

Time: 7 pm

Kevin and Takanori return to Tokyo after a brief but meaningful stint in Suzuka. Kevin cherished the experience earlier in Suzuka, and is tired from the trip back.

But he still has energy left, and he feels that he must fulfill an obligation - to visit the Kanonji Mochi Shop in Aoyama. He researched the shop's address and followed the directions going there.

He managed to locate the shop, and sees Takanori's mother - Tomoko - sorting out the ingredients that Takanori bought as an errand a just a few moments ago.

Next, he browses through the display of available mochi, and naturally Kevin is drawn by the colorful assortment of flavors.

However, he comes face-to-face with Tomoko over the counter.

Tomoko: "May I help you?"

Kevin: "Oh... you're Takanori-san's mother, am I right? My name is Kevin Kern, a new member of your son's team."

Tomoko: "Oh you're the new racer? Wait a minute, I must call my son."

Just as Takanori is about to resume his maintenance work on Takuma's Nissan 2020, he hears his mother's call.

20190217195812.jpg

He'll resume the work after such notice. Upon entering the store, he sees Kevin Kern looking at the various mochi flavors.

Takanori: "Kevin! Guten Abend!"

The young German newbie racer turns his attention to Takanori. He happily returns the greet.

Kevin: "Oh hey! Konbanwa! Hehe! Finally, I reached this store! I've been looking for this since I arrived here. It took me effort to find it though..."

Takanori: "Hole in the wall places are always the best! Hehe!"

Kevin: "Mind if I take a selfie?"

Takanori: "Sure, no problem!"

Kevin takes out his smartphone, he then activates the selfie camera feature. He then extends his arm out, aiming the phone high up. When the pair are ready for their smiles and poses, Kevin presses the snap button. After that quick shot, he then goes to Instagram to make an immediate post of his find.

Kevin: "Finally... found... this place! Ticked off my bucket list! Hashtag greatfinds, hashtag KanonjiMochiShop, hashtag DreamAlliance."

After that brief upload, Kevin returns to his order. Just as he is about to choose the desired flavor, a surprise visitor arrives. Who could that be?

He's none other than... Kazunori Yamauchi.

Takanori: "Yamauchi-san, bikkuri shimashta. Konbanwa." (What a surprise, Yamauchi-san. Good evening.)

Kevin turns back again, then he smirks upon seeing the head of the Vision Gran Turismo project.

Kevin: "Good evening, Kazunori-san. My name is Kevin Kern."

Kazunori reaches out his hand first, intending on shaking hands. Kevin got surprised, but returns the gesture anyway.

Kevin: "Pleasure to meet you, sir."

Takanori: "Kazunori-san, he's one of the new members of the Dream Alliance Japan."

Kaz: "Ah yes. I've heard so much about your team. Good job putting the effort on promotions. How about your twin?"

Takanori: "He'll be racing tomorrow's VLN. I definitely believe he can pull through."

Kazunori smiles upon hearing the confident answer.

Kaz: "There's no reason to believe otherwise."

While Takanori and Kazunori are having a hearty chat, Kevin focuses on Kazunori. But then... he almost forgotten what to order. So he turns his attention back to the cashier and finally picks his desired flavor.

Kevin: "Oh shoot, I almost forgot! I want chocolate mochi, please. Take away box."

The waitress obliges, and she gathers a dozen of chocolate mochi. Upon making the payment, Kevin receives the box adorned with chibi characters along with the store's logo.

Kevin bids goodbye to Takanori and Kazunori, then leaves the store.

Now, the pair resume their chat.

Kazunori: "Now, where were we? Ah! I'm here to invite you on my launch event in Kyoto next week."

Takanori: "Launch event? What's that?"

Kazunori: "I shall officially launch my new Vision Gran Turismo project. One that has started with a clean slate. I've seen that dark purple Nissan earlier..."

20190217195812.jpg

Kazunori: "I believe in the supernatural, and I designed this as per your father's request. To think it was only done in a small piece of paper."

Takanori: "And kind of creepy too. To think his will had driven this car once."

Kazunori: "I expect to see that car in the event. Would you come by?"

Takanori responds with no reservation, after all he still is a huge fan of Kazunori despite the altercation back then.

Takanori: "Of course! Me and my team will be at full attendance!"

Kazunori: "Glad to hear it."

Takanori: "Oh... I'm actually planning to take the car out for a spin. Want to ride?"

Kazunori: "I don't mind. Let's go."

The pair set off after helping themselves with some mochi. Takanori decides to head over the expressway for a warm up. However, curiosity springs in to Takanori's mind, regarding their conversation earlier.

20190315171351.jpg

Takanori: "Kazunori-san, about what you said earlier..."

Kazunori: "What is it?"

Takanori: "You will revive the Vision GT Project? But it had a rough start back then and was embroiled in controversy, how would you go about it?"

Kazunori: "I've completely changed the team. My new racers are composed of men and a woman coming from elite racing schools around the world. They do have the cleanest of intentions, and share my goal of creating a new future of racing... without disregarding the lessons learned from the past."

Takanori: "Without disregarding the lessons learned from the past? What do you mean?"

Kazunori: "Simply put, no careers nor lives will be put in jeopardy."

20190315171406.jpg

Takanori: "I guess you would pay respect to the people who made the racing world great, but also paving the way for the future. Sounds unique to me."

Kazunori: "That really was my intention from the very beginning, but it seemed that it was seen in a negative light."

However, before they can resume their chat, both men hear a high-pitched noise coming their way.

Takanori: "I hear something very loud."

20190315171414.jpg

Little do they realize that they're being tailed by the same black Porsche that Mila had encountered in Ginza.

(Background Music)

20190315171420.jpg

20190315171426.jpg

Takanori: "It's tailgating us. Normally, I don't really mind these types of street racers, but something tells me that I can't chicken out."

Takanori buries the throttle, a sign of accepting the challenge.

20190315171432.jpg

However, it seems that the Porsche is souped up to take on even the fastest of hypercars. It easily ate up the gap between the two.

And makes a quick work.

20190315171439.jpg

Takanori: "It's fast! This car's electric motors can make it accelerate equally to a hypercar! Can a 911 be the same?"

The 911 gets in front. And what they see baffles them but also piques their curiosity.

Takanori: "RS... Hybrid? Did Porsche make a hybrid 911? As far as I know, there isn't one currently on sale!"

Obviously, Kaz could not help but clench his fist upon seeing the car's license plate - the Instagram account bent on tarnishing his name. But of course he keeps his composure.

Takanori: "And... vgtmurder? Plus that Instagram logo. Okay, this is peculiar."

20190315171446.jpg

Kazunori: "Concentrate on driving if I were you."

Takanori saves the curiosity for later. And the Porsche is inching away.

20190315171452.jpg

Takanori: "R... Right!"

The custom 911 has electric motors that provide extra power on demand. Whoever thought of such concept clearly has studied the car inside and out.

20190315171458.jpg

Takanori's only saving grace is drafting behind.

20190315171504.jpg

Takanori: "I'm gaining somehow, but..."

The GT3 RS chassis promises unparalleled agility, despite the extra bulk of the electric motors.

20190315171510.jpg

Thanks to the hybrid system, the 911 accelerates out of the corners similar to that of the 918 Spyder. The car itself is even lighter than the said hypercar.

20190315171517.jpg

Takanori: "That rocket-like acceleration! I think that's even faster than a 918!"

The car's rear wheel steering aids further in cornering, which has now been a staple among current Porsches.

20190315171523.jpg

Takanori: "Am I seeing a four-wheeled alien ship in action?"

Kazunori: "The owner of that car must be a tuning genius. And definitely affluent."

20190315171530.jpg

Meanwhile, in the Porsche... a black leather glove is seen pressing something in a custom made Sport Response button located on the steering wheel.

It triggers a sudden surge of extra electric boost, then the words "Hot Lap" display on the gauge on the right beside the central tachometer. This mode was copied off from the 918 Spyder's setting of the same name. All combustion and electric resources are dedicated solely to provide maximum propulsion.

20190315171536.jpg

As a result the gap between the two cars widened exponentially after exiting the ramp leading on a long straightaway.

Takanori: "What in blue blazes! I've already expended the electric boost of my car...."

20190315171542.jpg

Takanori deduces that it's time to back off, and give the batteries a good recharge.

Takanori: "Aniki will kill me once he finds out I break this car. Man... what an encounter."

Kazunori: "This world is filled with plenty of interesting people, isn't it?"

Takanori: "Definitely will agree on that, Kazunori-san. I'll now take you home."

End of Page 8

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

- This is just the beginning of the RS Hybrid's stints. On the next arc, it will prey even more road-going VGTs from Kazunori's team.

- Of course, you will find out who drives this car at the end of this arc. Whoever this guy is, he has some serious issues with Kaz, eh?

Page 9 - Shocker

Time: 12 pm, the next day

Sunday...

...a rest day for many, and the time when families gather together and spend the most of the day eating at restaurants or shopping.

But for a certain team, it's still time to work.

20190316143547.jpg

Petroheads Racing is back. Back from the humiliation from the Suzuka race back then, and of course, with Fritz Schmidt taking the helm of the the Peugeot Vision Gran Turismo modified to meet Group 3 specifications.

However, while he is at the helm...

...he is not lifting a finger at all. In fact, his arms are crossed, and he's merely watching the steering wheel tilt on its own.

20190316143557.jpg

Fritz: "Thanks to Alan Long... this car has been finally completed. Julie is on the run, though. Hopefully she's fine.

The car's throttle, braking, and steering are all autonomous. The team is testing out the self-driving technology that Alan pursued while hiding from the authorities.

20190316143603.jpg

Fritz: "Its maiden race would be a few weeks away, and we will show to the world the true future of racing!"

20190316143609.jpg

The technology does seem to show promising results. The car is constantly sticking to the racing line based on driver input.

Fritz: "The technology is actually two seconds faster than the lap I've done on my own. This is revolutionary!"

20190316143615.jpg

Fritz: "It's time for Dream Alliance to stop their vigilantism. They have to accept the reality. Change is inevitable!"

Time: 8 pm

To officially celebrate Kevin's entry to the Dream Alliance Japan, Takanori decides to have a barbecue dinner at a popular barbecue joint in Shinjuku. The Hiramoto brothers were invited as well.

Though they are also aware that today is the four-hour VLN race, but it seems they have little to worry about...

The four are waiting for their meat to cook, hence having a conversation.

Nobuhiko: "Today's the VLN race in Nurburgring, right? How's your twin?"

Takanori: "I made a call earlier, and he told me that there's nothing to worry about. They're all set."

Nobuyuki: "I find it strange that they had to use a detuned BMW M4."

Takanori: "And last night..."

chaseflashback1.jpg

chaseflashback2.jpg

chaseflashback3.jpg

Takanori: "...Kazunori-san and I encountered this very fast Porsche. And get this, it's a 911 hybrid! But here's the serious part. The car's license plate has an Instagram handle named "vgtmurder". Upon checking it, it only had one post, but it has 200,000 followers."

Nobuyuki: "What's that singular post, then?"

Takanori opens the said Instagram account via his smartphone and presents it to Nobuyuki.

Takanori: "It's a post showing Kazunori-san, labelling him as a murderer. Someone has the audacity to do such an accusation. Sure, his project did have controversy, but wasn't Alan Long creating a big mess back then?"

Nobuyuki: "And to think Rob Hatch even single-handedly destroyed a headquarter out of revenge. Hearing that sends shivers down my spine, up until this day."

Takanori: "This could be a huge blow for Kazunori-san's plans. But I believe he's clean. He has the noblest of intentions."

Meanwhile, Kevin takes a piece of meat and dips it on one of the sauces on his saucer. He takes a bite, and is delighted with the marinade and the dip that gave it a unique flavor. It was mildly sweet, but the black pepper on the marinade gave it a kick.

Kevin: "Mmmmm! I'm loving this kind of barbecue. Plus, it's all you can eat!"

Takanori: "Yep! This joint is where we usually hang out to talk about pretty much... anything."

Kevin: "Back home we don't really have places like these, unless you live in Berlin."

Kevin takes another piece, and repeats the dipping procedure before he puts it in his mouth.

Takanori: "Oh! By the way, Kazunori-san invited us for his event in Kyoto next Sunday. It's a race, and it will be comprised of VGTs owned by rich clientele and some members of his team."

Upon hearing the announcement, however, Kevin slightly clenches his left fist. He had gone completely silent, as if the statement triggered him. He looks at his left, at the window. He sees a child walking along with his mother. The moment made Kevin shed a tear from his eye.

Nobuhiko who is sitting in front of him, immediately notices Kevin.

Nobuhiko: "Uh... something wrong, Kevin-san?"

Kevin got his attention, and quickly looks at his teammates.

Kevin: "N-nothing at all. It's just that..."

Takanori: "Did I say something offensive?"

Kevin: "No. It's just that... next Sunday will be my mother's birthday. This will be the first time I'll be spending it without her."

Takanori remembers what Kevin had said in Suzuka. He might have said something offensive, and is about to apologize.

Takanori: "I'm sorry... you know, if it will make you feel any better, you may not join us on that day."

Kevin: "No no no! That would be wrong! Plus, I'll be missing a huge part of my job. I've got to cover the event too, for our fans to see!"

Takanori: "All right, then!"

Kevin: "Sorry for the way I acted. Let's eat. The food will get burnt."

***************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Time: 11:30 pm

Once again, the mysterious hybrid 911 prowls on the night.

20190316151820.jpg

With no traffic, the Porsche speeds through the streets at 150 km/h.

20190316151830.jpg

However, it did not enter any expressway entrance. It instead heads over to Polyphony Digital headquarters in Aoyama.

The car parks at a street two blocks away from the headquarters, at a dark corner. Coming out of the car is a man of a slender frame, wearing a black leather jumpsuit, with a black mask concealing his face save for the eyes. He walks casually, until he reaches the alleyway.

He performs swift parkour moves such as jumping, and cat leaping over boxes and other obstacles. And thanks to his adhesive boots, he runs upwards on the wall and then performs a somersault roll upon jumping to the other side. He lands on the concrete, rolling over upon landing.

Upon reaching the building, he displays another unique ability: to be able to adhere on the wall, crawling upwards thanks to his small but powerful suction cups on each of the fingertips.

He climbs up and sees the security room. He sees an air vent right above the window of that room. The vent is big enough to fit a man of his build, and enters in it effortlessly. Crawling through the air vent, he manages to locate the said security room and breaks open the vent opening and then jumps in.

The intruder then takes out a disc from his pocket. He throws it on the monitors. Next, he snaps his fingers. The snap is a trigger response for the disc to send an electric shockwave to overload them.

Having succeeded in disabling the monitors, he heads out to the corridor. The corridor was slightly lit.

In one of the rooms is an employee, who volunteers to work for today along with Kaz to finish some of the projects. He also intends to watch the VLN livestream with Kaz, who is in his office watching the race at the moment.

The employee then heads out to have a cup of coffee, but upon exiting the door, he sees the electric disc dropping right in front of him. But before he could look up the ceiling, the intruder (who is adhering on the ceiling) snaps his fingers once again, triggering the disc to send the electric shockwave to incapacitate the employee. The victim then drops on the floor, unconscious. Next, the intruder lands on the corridor and enters the room.

Upon entering, he then inserts a flash drive on the PC. He copies certain files. Clearly the intention of the intruder is data robbery... not the typical robbery.

Meanwhile, Kaz exits in his office to get a cup of coffee too. As he walks down the corridor, he sees the unconscious employee. He runs quickly and checks on him.

He sees the door open, but upon entering, no one is inside.

Kazunori: "This is bad. I've got to bring this man to the hospital."

Kazunori dials 119 to call for an ambulance. Minutes later, paramedics rush in to take the electrocuted employee and give medical treatment. The ambulance leaves with the employee on its way to the hospital, and Kaz worryingly enters back in his building.

Kazunori: "There's an intruder here. I ought to check the security footage."

Upon entering the security room, however, he cannot access the video feed since the monitors are busted.

Kazunori enters back to the room where the employee was stationed. Upon checking the computer, he does see a dialog box stating that the copy of data is successful.

He still keeps his cool, despite the serious nature of the break in. He goes back to his office and resumes watching the VLN race live stream.

However, he gets a phone call, from a person named Marina Ohno, one of his race car drivers.

20190222190613.jpg

Kazunori: "Marina-san. Why call at this hour?"

Marina: "Where are you? Are you still in your office?"

Kazunori: "Yes. Watching the VLN race AND sorting out a big problem."

Marina: "It really isn't healthy to work for far too long."

Kazunori: "Julie is arrested, but on a different crime. Then there is this Instagram account bent on tarnishing my name. And then this... someone broke in the building."

Marina: "What?!"

Kazunori: "While I was walking around about to go home, I saw an unconscious man in the IT department, apparently electrocuted. Someone must have used a taser gun on him. While nothing was stolen and surprisingly everything was in order, I checked the database and found out that someone copied valuable data. That's why I'm still here, finding out who broke in and what data was copied."

Marina: "Oh no... did you check the camera footage in the security?"

Kazunori: "Unfortunately, some cameras were overloaded and hence got broken. Clearly the intruder isn't to be taken lightly."

Marina: "You should report it to the authorities!"

Kazunori: "I'll try keeping this issue within the company first. I simply cannot let the authorities be involved. I'll keep you and the rest of the team on the loop."

Marina: "What about the data?"

Kazunori: "The data copied was the contents of what was once my research with Alan Long. I slowly resume it on my free time, but it could still pose a threat to our plans."

Marina: "I think even I would have a sleepless night. I even encountered a black Porsche 911 GT3 RS earlier and I was outran by it. I have to take this car back in and do some more adjustments."

Kazunori: "All right, I'll inform the mechanics by tomorrow morning. Have a good night."

The call ends, and Kazunori looks out at the window. He leans back on his chair and briefly closes his eyes and takes a deep breath.

Unknown to him... the intruder is outside, leaning beside that window.

The intruder turns his head right, briefly. And then he takes out a flash drive from his pocket.

The man in a black suit looks at the drive. He tightens his grip on it, clenching it. Then he returns it to his pocket.

He then performs a somersault as he leaps off. Upon landing on the alleyway, he then runs and performs several parkour techniques to get through whatever obstacle laying in wait. The final one is a high wall, but thanks to his adhesive boots he climbs through it with speed and then performs another somersault to be able to land on the other side.

The mysterious man then starts to walk casually once he walks down the street devoid of bystanders, on his way back to his equally enigmatic black Porsche.

End of Page 9

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

- Man... this black leather jumpsuit guy could be Rob Hatch's worst nightmare. :sly:

- By the way, the deadline for the submission of the livery entries will be on March 24. Entries beyond the date will no longer be accepted.

DUEL VOLUNTEER REQUEST!

Here's another volunteer request. The volunteer is to drive this:

20190316143557.jpg

The settings are here:

]
peugeotvgtsetup1.jpg

peugeotvgtsetup2.jpg

Livery is shared, though restricted to Friends only. If this is your first time doing it, please send me a friend request first.

Gear ratio setup steps:

1. Set top speed
2. Set individual ratios
3. Adjust final drive

Lobby will be open at 6:00 am (GMT+8) tomorrow.

Page 10 - Sparks

Time: 5 pm, the next day

Takanori calls on a meeting of the racers of the team. The tabs are on him, hence the various mochi flavors being served on the reserved table.

The three arrived on time, with the Hiramoto brothers coming from their home while Kevin came from his daily Japanese language tutorial and a brief stint in Harajuku.

Kevin is posting something in his smartphone while sitting down, apparently ecstatic from his visit to Harajuku.

Kevin: "Kakkoii jan! Harajuku is LIT!"

Takanori: "Hehehehe! Yep! Harajuku is truly a wonderful place! I know of a good restaurant there."

Nobuyuki: "Ummmm... what are we here for?"

Takanori: "Lots of announcements. First, Dream Alliance Global got the class victory in yesterday's VLN. And second..."

Takanori then gets his smartphone, looking at the schedule written on the notepad app.

Takanori: "We will have a packed schedule starting next weekend! All right, so first we were invited to Kazunori-san's launch event in Kyoto as I have announced last night, then we will have a gala dinner after that. Next would be our maiden race in the N500 category in Tokyo Expressway which will take place after the Nurburgring 24 Hours. Expect some foreign teams joining the fray such as Rosso Pista. Then the week after that, we will have a Group 3 race in Autopolis in Oita. Oita is an hour and a 40-minute flight from Tokyo, by the way. The next one would be two weeks away, because it will take place in Circuit de St. Croix in France, a Group 1 category race. As usual, we will have practice days before the race days, so that justifies the packed schedule."

Kevin raises his hand, while eating a piece of mochi.

Kevin: "So who will be racing in Kazunori-san's event?"

Takanori: "Just me. It's only a short sprint race. Everyone else can just sit back and relax."

Nobuyuki: "Oh okay. We can pack light, then."

Meanwhile, Kevin pretty much consumes almost all of the mochi.

Kevin: "I would so bring a truckload of these back to Stuttgart and stuff myself with them in my home!"

Time: 4 pm, weekend

A huge turnout is expected in Kazunori's launch of his new Vision Gran Turismo Project. Before the race would start, fans flock around the futuristic Vision Gran Turismo cars approved for road use, owned by the rich and loyal clientele of respective brands, and of course some do belong Kazunori's racing team, which shall make its debut in the race and the dinner tonight.

In the pit garage, Takanori is being interviewed by a media outlet, while Kevin stares at the purple Nissan 2020.

20190318144014.jpg

His face turns into a serious one, but that would wear off quickly as he sees the cameramen circling around the car, prompting himself to get out of their way of their coverage.

The event would go on smoothly, and so does the race proper.

20190318144026.jpg

The 2020 would have no problems overtaking the VGT cars. Takanori spent an entire week making sure the car is prepped for the event.

20190318144033.jpg

20190318144040.jpg

Meanwhile, Mila is also at event, walking around observing the crowds buying merchandise. She can't take a look because of the volume of the crowd, but she decides to do so later. She instead heads to the pit garages.

She sees Kevin talking to his teammates, but would distance herself so as not to get noticed.

Mila: "I think that will be better off for him to have joined a new crowd. I'd be happy to live with that."

She would then scurry off to the bleachers, finally settling on the seat reserved for her.

Back in the race....

20190318144046.jpg

Marina is also in the fray, and quickly spots Takanori pouncing on her.

20190318144052.jpg

Marina: "Dream Alliance seemed to have soften their stance on the Vision GT Project. That's a welcome progress."

She was quickly overtaken, but that didn't bother her as it is merely a track day event.

20190318144058.jpg

Marina: "Still, I'd better be on my guard. They might drop a bombshell. That Instagram account is already a huge thorn..."

20190318144105.jpg

While watching the cars speed by, Mila then checks the vgtmurder Instagram account. She follows it for the sake of uncovering its mysteries.

And lo and behold, a second post was made, just a few seconds ago.

It contains a photo of the Peugeot VGT Gr. 3's blueprint. Then the caption is written as follows:

"Self-driving Technology.

While it may be harmless, it will HARM every race car driver's dream. Would you let this man take away your hopes and dreams?

Better think twice before calling him a visionary."

#MurdererOfDreams

Mila: "Self-driving tech? Kazunori-san never mentioned that in the interview. Though it could possibly be linked to his former partnership with Alan Long. The question is... how does this account get its information? Clearly the owner is something to be taken seriously."

The post quickly gained 100 likes in mere seconds. Currently, the account now has 175,000 followers.

***********************************************************************************************************************************************************

After that quick race, a gala dinner follows through. Esteemed guests arrive and as well as Kazunori's new racing team drivers. Marina takes the lead as she present herself and her teammates on to the stage with Kazunori standing right in between them.

He then makes a speech, in front of the various gaming and media outlets taking photos of them.

Mila makes her way in to the dinner, on an evening dress. But she once again sees Kevin on his way to his teammates' table. But the two would eventually make eye contact, stopping them on their tracks.

Kevin: "MJ..."

(Background Music)

Seeing an empty table, the two would sit down together. An awkward phase settles in, but Kevin would look and instead shifts his focus towards her rather than the speech.

Mila: "How do I look?"

Kevin shows a smile as a reaction to her looks.

Kevin: "Dazzling... as always."

Mila: "It's... nice seeing you again. It's been six months."

Kevin: "Yeah. Me too."

Mila: "Seems like you're happy with this new lease in life."

Kevin: "Well, it's all part of my plans of... moving on, anyway."

Mila: "Guess there's no stopping you, huh?"

Kevin: "Much like what my fans say, I'm unstoppable."

Mila: "Good to know. At least it reminds me why this didn't work out."

Kevin: "If you had listened back then, then maybe things would have turned out differently."

Mila: "Listening has always been my forte. It's an integral part of my job. But the problem is...

...you made this seem like it's all about you."

She then stands up, her eyes once again about to tear up. But she remains composed as she is about to join the media circus.

End of Page 10

Page 11 - N500

Time: 8 pm, the next day

After hours, a time of day in which a restaurant thrives. Employees stop by to eat down their stresses from work.

And the Kanonji Mochi Shop is no exception, despite being a dessert place. The shop employees are preoccupied, including Tomoko.

However, a familiar face joins the queue.

Rob Hatch.

Rob doesn't mind waiting. After all, he's still full from the noodle house where he ate dinner. He arrived just last night.

Tomoko immediately spots Rob, and approaches him gleefully.

Tomoko: "Oh Mr. Hatch! What a surprise!"

Rob: "I miss this lovely place so much. And your charm too."

Tomoko: "Hehehe. Oh, do you want something?"

Rob: "I can wait in line, do not worry. Plus, I'm here to see your son, Takanori."

Tomoko: "Perfect timing! He just arrived from Kyoto a few hours ago. I will call him."

Tomoko heads outside the restaurant and rings the doorbell of Takanori's home just right in front. Takanori opens the door and is notified of Rob's presence.

He then meets up with the British racer. The two men then find a table to settle in, while Tomoko is preparing tea for them.

Takanori: "What a surprise visit!"

Rob: "I miss your faces here, gotta admit."

Takanori: "So you're not racing in the Nurburgring 24 Hours, huh?"

Rob: "Takuma and the rest can handle it. I'm here for a different reason."

Takanori: "What for?"

Rob: "Investigation. This isn't MI6, but on my own. I do want to see if Kazunori is cooking up something once more."

Rob presents the second post from the vgtmurder Instagram page.

Takanori: "Ugh... I don't know what to do with that."

Rob: "Hmph. Better. You may be his fan, but clearly this is a territory you must not step in. Leave him be, if I were you. He can handle this."

Takanori: "But you're stepping in. What's your deal?"

Rob: "Because that self-driving tech was once proposed by Alan Long. Rumor has it a Group 3 race car is equipped with it, and that provided me the reason to come here. I will personally ask Kazunori about this. I will meet him tonight."

Takanori: "But what about that account itself? Who could be behind that?"

Rob: "Maybe I could kill two birds in one stone. And I love it when it happens."

Tomoko then serves tea to both men. Rob would smile back at her.

Time 9:30 pm

After a brief chat with Takanori, Rob heads over to the Polyphony Digital headquarters to meet up with Kazunori. All of the employees have gone home, but Kazunori remains as he is to finish some work along with that appointment.

Kazunori stands up as he sees Rob at the corridor, walking towards his office. The two men then shake hands and sit down.

Rob: "You seem to be calm despite being in hot water."

Kazunori: "There will always be detractors. That's what popularity brings."

Rob: "But this lone detractor has some serious issues. And that self-driving tech..."

Kazunori: "Oh, you've heard of that rumor too? My sources say that it was seen doing testing in Autopolis."

Rob: "I see. Well, you've already put Alan under the bus, and that's a good move. Now, I'm here to help."

Kazunori: "Despite what happened to your brother, I'm surprised you didn't even lay a finger on me."

Rob: "But I did lay bombs in one of your headquarters back then. I'm simply making it up to you right now. Do you now trust me?"

Kazunori: "All right... follow me."

The two men stand up and leave the room. Unbeknown to them, the mystery man in black suit is outside, adhering himself once more on the wall, having listened to their conversation. This time around, he now has goggles strapped around his mask to completely conceal his eyes. Seeing an air vent, the man crawls upwards to reach for it and sneak in.

Back inside, Kazunori leads Rob to a room filled with blueprints of past VGT cars. Some of them were eventually finished and are completely functional, but one particular blueprint stands out - the Peugeot VGT Group 3 with the said self-driving technology equipped.

Kazunori: "This is just one of the blueprints that have the self-driving tech. The rest were probably stolen by Alan when he disappeared into thin air."

Rob: "Steering input, throttle response, braking, racing lines...."

Kazunori: "The device would record them according to driver input then applies it once the data is collected. Then it improves the lap times through an algorithm."

Rob: "This is one serious bit of kit."

Kazunori: "And now fingers are starting to point at me. What's worse, there are Group 1 specification VGTs equipped with the tech too."

Rob: "I'll make sure those fingers would point to Alan."

The pair would then leave the room to return to the office. Upon entering, Kazunori sees the window completely open, with curtains moving around. He rushes to his computer, and once again sees a dialog box stating that the copy of files are successful.

Kazunori: "No..."

Rob: "We'll talk again soon!"

Rob would then jump out of the window. He was able to land safely since the height isn't all that high. The chase is on. He sees a glimpse of the intruder running, and the running begin.

Rob takes out his gun, he sees the mysterious intruder turning left to the alley. Rob would then fire a bullet at one of the objects, prompting the intruder to stop and face Rob.

Rob: "You're quite bold, aren't ya?"

???: "Oh no... I got caught! What to do? What to do?"

Rob is perplexed by the man's talkative trait.

Rob: "For a stealthy person, you sure are talkative. You don't look the part!"

(Background Music)

In an instant, the man would then jump to the wall on his right, and then jumps again to throw an electric disc at Rob. Rob manages to jump back, but upon the snap of a finger, the device's electric shockwave would reach Rob's gun, prompting Rob to throw it reflexively.

That moment prompts the mystery man to jump on the air and land a punch on Rob's face. Rob is thrown back a few inches, but manages to spring himself back up.

???: "Oh wait, I forgot.."

Rob would then proceed to his fighting stance, ready to bout.

Rob: "This would be fun."

???: "Sorry! As much as I would love to have a mano e mano, I've gotta run."

Rob would take this opportunity to strike, and about to dish out a punch. But the opponent clearly is much more agile, evading the punch easily and retaliates with Capoeira style kicks. A handstand kick manages to hit Rob's face, then the man backflips until he adheres on to the wall.

Rob: "Heh... you're "Spider-Man" now? I don't see webs."

Then his opponent would spring from the wall and performs multiple aerial roundhouse kicks which are all blocked by Rob. Rob would then finally land a hit on the man's face, but just as he is about to unmask the man, the mystery man would attach an electric disc on Rob's sleeve and quickly snaps his finger. Rob is stunned, and the man would use the opportunity to escape by performing multiple backflips and finally making a huge leap over the wall to the other side of the alley.

After receiving a dose of electric shock, Rob falls down on to the ground.

Rob: "Oh.... damn you."

Rob goes out cold.

Time: 1 pm, three days later

Kevin, Nobuhiko, and Nobuyuki gather to their headquarters in Yokohama. They are to meet with Takanori, but....

Nobuhiko's phone rings and the call is immediately picked up.

Nobuhiko: "Hello? Takanori-san?... Really?!... Is he okay?... Oh well... I'm glad he is.... Don't worry, we'll still push through with the meeting."

Nobuhiko worryingly ends the call.

Nobuhiko: "Something's up. Apparently Rob-san is in the hospital."

Nobuyuki: "Huh?! What happened?!"

Nobuhiko: "Takanori-san hasn't told me the details yet, but Rob-san is okay. We have to go through with this meeting as scheduled."

Kevin: "Rob Hatch? Isn't he a member of the Global division?"

Nobuyuki: "Yes. And a total badass. But I'm shocked this happened to him."

Kevin: "The most important thing is, he's okay. Anyhow, I've got to show you something. I'm sure you would like it!"

Kevin would then lead the brothers to the cars. What they saw is something that would prompt a comical surprise to their faces.

20190319142129.jpg

Kevin: "Ta-da!!! I've worked an entire week for this!"

20190319142140.jpg

Kevin's obsession with the Japanese culture would extend to the cars, applying a popular trend called the "Itasha".

Kevin: "Takanori-san asked my opinion about to livery, and I thought it would need some tweaking! Plus..."

Their back up car is also adorned with the Itasha livery.

20190319142147.jpg

Nobuhiko: "Oyaji paid for that car... He used to drive it around during his visits here until he gave it to us."

Nobuyuki had no choice but to scratch his head and laugh it off.

Nobuyuki: "Ehehehehehe... well, that's great! Ummmm... I'm sure Takanori-san would like that too!"

Kevin: "This would give our team proper cred! And to represent the Japanese culture too! And check this out, I posted a photo of the cars to our Instagram page and racked up a million likes in just a few hours! Oh, and your father liked it too!"

Time: 12 pm; two weeks later

Two weeks later, and Dream Alliance Japan's maiden race is underway. Rob has been discharged since then, and has returned to UK.

Huge preparations are being done, while Kevin is busy doing promotions, even showing off his break dancing moves to the fans who are taking videos of him doing the stunt.

The expressway's main parking building is used as the hub for all the teams to prepare the car's setups.

After a brief dance show off, Kevin goes back to his team, and then to his surprise...

20190319142200.jpg

...he sees familiar faces.

Kevin: "Kiehl Muller... and Pietro Guidicelli?! Oh great! This day would be truly fun!"

20190319142207.jpg

Pietro also spots his social media rival, and approaches him in an ecstatic mood.

Pietro: "HEY KEVIN!!! Nice to see you again!"

Kevin: "What's up, amico mio!"

Pietro: "Oh well, let's see... I didn't make it through the Nurburgring 24 Hour race. Had to retire on that night. But what the heck, life goes on, right?"

Kevin: "I agree."

Pietro: "How 'bout you?"

Kevin: "Having a great time with my team! This is my greatest step towards my career. I'm taking racing seriously for good."

Pietro: "Me too. And I'm looking forward to our clashes... this time in the world of racing."

Kevin: "I'm always up for fun."

Meanwhile, Mila is observing Kevin from afar. But... someone approaches her.

It's Vincenzo. The two have known each other as well, from the not so distant past.

Mila is greeted by shock upon seeing the man.

Mila: "Vincenzo?!"

Vincenzo: "Free as a bird now. How about you? Did you patch things with him?"

Mila: "Not yet, but at least we're talking."

Vincenzo: "Baby steps, then. That's good."

Mila briefly looks at the vgtmurder account once more. No new post was done, but she apparently keeps on viewing the third post made a week ago, which gained 200,000 likes. The mystery account now has half a million followers.

The third post shows a picture of three people, two men and a woman. The caption states:

"These three people laid down their lives in paving the future. The road to the future of racing has a trail of blood...

...apparently."

#NeverForget
#MurdererOfDreams

Mila: "When will this stop?"

Vincenzo: "What are you looking at?"

Mila: "Ever heard of this vgtmurder Instagram page?"

Vincenzo: "Ah yeah... pretty bold, isn't it?"

Mila: "I don't think Kazunori-san should take the blame for all of this."

Vincenzo: "But you gotta admit, he does have his shortcomings. He trusted the wrong person. And when you're the leader, expect all eyes and fingers on you."

While having the conversation, the qualifying begins.

20190319142217.jpg

Blitzgelb's GT3 sets the fastest lap time of 2 minutes and 8.8 seconds.

20190319142224.jpg

While Rosso Pista managed a 2 minute, 9 second lap time.

20190319142230.jpg

Dream Alliance Japan clocks in at 2 minutes and 9.8 seconds. While being the slowest among the trio, this did not deter Kevin.

Kevin: "I'll turn the tables soon enough. Just you wait."

End of Page 11

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

- Rob now has another person in his rival list - "Spider-Man". The mysterious man did prove himself to be Rob's worst nightmare, for now... :sly:

- I can't imagine Hiroyuki driving that Itasha-fied Lexus LC500. :lol:

- And time to share one entry submitted for the contest today:

2373df0e-7eaa-450e-b409-9d192836fbca-jpeg.807770

Entry by @MrWaflz55 . Deadline of submission is until March 24.

Livery can be downloaded here.

Called it, Kevin will ride an Itasha at some point. Kinda coincindental that I did a Reimu FT-1 VGT Gr.3 and seeing her on DA Japan's GR Supra RC seems...enticing...

Latest Posts

Back