RCKakashi14's GT Sport Fanfiction - ON HOLD

Page 12 - Stream Is Live

The race begins after the short qualifying session. with the Dream Alliance Japan not too far behind the pack.

20190320171632.jpg

Nobuyuki takes the first stint, then will be followed by Kevin after the pit in.

20190320171641.jpg

While Vincenzo takes the helm of the Ferrari F50.

20190320171655.jpg

And Rebecca Crewe driving the 996 GT3.

Meanwhile, the idle drivers spend time looking at the race progress. Suddenly... Pietro had an idea that entered his mind, and approaches Kevin.

Pietro: "Hey, I've got an idea. You want fun, right? I heard you say that earlier."

Kevin: "Yep, I do!"

Pietro: "Let's make this race interesting, shall we? Why don't we have a little contest?"

Kevin: "Sounds interesting indeed. What is it?"

Pietro: "When it's our turn to run, we shall have a cockpit livestream contest!"

Intrigued, Kevin crosses his arms.

Pietro: "We install the cameras as we get in our cars, then stream our run to our respective team accounts! Most views wins this duel."

Kevin: "Hehehehehe. All right. Do count me in. After all, I'm also doing my other part of the job. You're on."

A couple of laps later, the cars enter the pit lane for a driver change. The social media stars begin their duel as they enter in their respective cars and begin their livestreams. They then state their own greetings for their millions of fans watching the race from across the globe.

Pietro: "Welcome everyone! Pietro here and I'll be bringing you exciting race footage live from the cockpit!"

Kevin: "Hello, Dreamers! Kevin Kern here bringing you excitement, live from the race track!"

And a three-way battle is underway.

(Background Music: Downtown Tokyo Chase - Brian Tyler)

20190320171741.jpg

Their view numbers increase at a blitzing rate even just seconds after leaving the pits.

However, another challenge presents to Kevin - the Supra's extra power makes it peaky, making it a struggle to manage in the turns.

20190320171751.jpg

Kevin: "It turns in well, but the extra power and torque makes this finicky. The increased weight by the BoP adds insult to the injury."

20190320171802.jpg

The two supercars would set considerable distance from the Supra as a result.

But Kevin would keep up at the small port area where it's a roundabout turn.

20190320171808.jpg

Kevin would exclaim short lines so as to keep the excitement flowing for the Dream Alliance fans.

Kevin: "That yellow GT3 sure is fast!"

20190320171815.jpg

Pietro would do the same too, albeit gloating about his rival - a trait he still carries on despite his change of perspective. That's what a rivalry would bring.

20190320171822.jpg

Pietro: "And where's my best buddy?! Hey, what happened back there?! Man, you gotta represent the Dream Alliance PROPERLY!"

20190320171828.jpg

The hairpin would prove to be another hindrance for the Supra.

Kevin: "Scheisse! Understeer then would lead to another oversteer!"

He would treat the latter as an additional show for the viewers, though.

20190320171835.jpg

Kevin: "A little drift here folks! That's the magic of rear-wheel drive for ya!"

20190320171842.jpg

With a little bit of accelerator work, Kevin would keep the Supra's rear in check. Something that a mid or rear engined car would find it easy.

Kiehl, meanwhile, just focuses on winning the race at hand. He doesn't crave any sort of attention at all.

Kiehl: "I'm sometimes irked by people calling me the "Yellow Flash". But I just don't get why a lot of people nowadays would kill for Likes!"

20190320171848.jpg

Kiehl: "Despite that, I can't back down on someone like Kevin Kern. We have crossed paths multiple times and I am always at the receiving end. He may have a goofy personality but he's an elite behind the wheel. I will the turn the tide today!"

20190320171855.jpg

Even though they can't see the view count as they are to concentrate on what's ahead, both can be assured that their views are rapidly rising, perhaps to an all-time high.

20190320171903.jpg

Kevin: "Listen up, Dreamers! From this moment on, you'll see a glimpse of Kevin Kern, at full blast! Get ready and strap on to your seats!"

End of Page 12

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

- Here's another entry submitted by @Turbotwin01

6278107011890545720_23.jpg

You can download the livery here if you wish.

- And the duel between social media THOTs continues. :lol:

Page 13 - One Two Three

20190321080232.jpg

Social media rivalries are pretty much the norm nowadays. From petty arguments to serious wagers, the internet is the most ideal platform.

(Background Music: Everybody's Looking - Paul Harris)

The battle for livestream views still wages on, lap after lap view counts are on the incline.

20190321080241.jpg

The race is drawing to a close, however. Kevin has to step it up. The two cars in front of him are obviously are of a different class from his.

20190321080247.jpg

Pietro: "Ladies and Gentlemen, as you see I'm still hugging the lead. And speaking of hugs, I will surely give you one! That's long overdue!"

20190321080254.jpg

Kevin: "I'm reeling them in."

20190321080300.jpg

Meanwhile, Kiehl is fed up with the pettiness. Even though he's not part of the challenge, he feels that he is ought to leave them behind.

And so he rushes in at the side for a pass.

Kiehl: "Go settle your rivalry somewhere else!"

20190321080306.jpg

The overtake was swift and done with precision as expected from The Yellow Flash.

Pietro: "Oh rats! I've been overtaken by the Porsche!"

20190321080312.jpg

Kiehl: "I'll leave you two clowns behind to savor your fans or whatever. I'm done."

20190321080318.jpg

Kevin makes light of the situation, however.

Kevin: "Look here, everyone! And here I thought horsey boy here is the fastest! Whew!"

20190321080325.jpg

20190321080331.jpg

Second to the last lap. Kevin has to make a move... and to increase his view count, of course.

20190321080336.jpg

Kevin: "Here goes!"

(Background Music: Love And Gold - Yuzo Koshiro)

His first attack sets on his rival. Time to get serious.

Kevin: "Ein..."

20190321080342.jpg

Pietro: "The Supra is making a move!"

Then he switches lanes to further dawn on confusion.

Kevin: "Zwei..."

20190321080348.jpg

And then approaching the roundabout turn, Kevin gets the inside and moves in to push.

Kevin: "DREI!"

20190321080354.jpg

Even Takanori is wondering what Kevin just said, as he is watching the stream too.

Takanori: "Why is he counting in German?"

Pietro is stunned by the attack made by his rival. Having the outside, he cannot do anything but watch his position taken away.

20190321080400.jpg

Pietro: "Shoot! I wasn't prepared for that! Did he just switch lanes to confuse me?!"

Kevin: "All right! One down!"

20190321080406.jpg

Kevin: "Ready to be at the receiving end again, Muller?"

The bout between German racers begin as they outrun the Italian social media star.

20190321080412.jpg

Pietro: "Un... believable. Now... you do know about their rivalry, right? Yeah, those two are nutjobs."

Kevin's constant pressuring breaks Kiehl's mental wall.

20190321080418.jpg

Kiehl: "Crap! Has the wind taken on a different direction?!"

20190321080424.jpg

The final lap begins. The Porsche maintains a strong lead. But that won't last for long...

20190321080430.jpg

Kevin: "As a Porsche owner myself, I won't deny any 911 can be a monster on the track. But that doesn't mean they're gods, either."

A fact that was supported as the lap is about to get to a close. A rear-engined car has a strong tendency to understeer upon entry.

20190321080436.jpg

Kiehl: "The 911's quirks are starting to show now. I merely have to hang on until the end!"

20190321080442.jpg

Kevin spews out another commentary for his viewers.

Kevin: "A simple lecture for you, Dreamers! Tickle a 911 and it'll guarantee to lose its balance! That's what pressure does to ya! I know that, BECAUSE I OWN ONE!"

Approaching the final leg, Kevin performs his confusion tactic once more.

Kevin: "Ein..."

20190321080448.jpg

Kevin: "Zwei..."

20190321080455.jpg

Kevin: "DREI!"

20190321080501.jpg

That tactic would cancel out though, as the 996's brakes suddenly locked out. Or one could say it worked... the pressuring took its toll on Kiehl.

Kiehl: "Nein! The brakes!"

20190321080507.jpg

Kevin: "Whoa... that was unexpected, folks. I hope he's fine."

20190321080513.jpg

Dream Alliance Japan soldiers on to victory. The fans have clearly witnessed a never-before-seen battle.

20190321080518.jpg

Kevin: "DEUTSCHLAND POWER! Oh wait... no... this is a Toyota. My bad. My bad! Oh, thanks for watching and DON'T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE!"

Dream Alliance Japan's maiden race was a success. Takanori and the rest of the crew are euphoric.

Takanori: "Banzai! We won our very first race! I'm glad Kevin-san is with us!"

He then checks the view count on their livestream. The final view count are as follows:

Dream Alliance Japan: 1,620,525 views.

Rosso Pista: 1,610,423 views.

***************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Time: 7 am, the next day

The week starts anew. In the bustling borough of Manhattan, the sun rises, illuminating the notorious Manhattan rush hour. People are once again out and about starting their daily routines.

However, outside the busy metropolis, a maroon Honda NSX parks at the mouth of the Hudson River. Coming out of the car is none other than...

20190321090913.jpg

...Julie Meade. The businesswoman was cleared of her Tax Evasion charges and is once again a free person walking among many. She enjoys the sunrise, and makes it a point to look at it every day. Plus, she also owns a penthouse in Manhattan, and stays there on her visits.

She looks by the river, and after a brief gust of wind and seeing a ferry pass by, she gets her phone and picks a contact to make a call.

It's none other than Hiroyuki Hiramoto. What a very unlikely call, knowing the feud between them. It's 12 pm in Germany, and Hiroyuki is about to have his lunch.

Julie: "Good morning, or should I say afternoon? I'm not good with time zones."

Hiroyuki: "Julie Meade? Oh dear... let me guess, are you free as a bird now?"

Julie: "Of course! And a piece of advice, make sure you check your taxes, okay? It's a pain for big company owners, must be a mistake in accounting or something."

Hiroyuki: "What do you want?"

Julie: "First, I must congratulate your new division on their maiden race victory. That was to be expected, for sure. And secondly... I need one of your drivers."

Hiroyuki: "And why would you need a driver?"

Julie: "Because I'm the only one who can help you get Alan Long out of the way and pay for what he did. I even know where he is at the moment."

Upon hearing that name after a long time, Hiroyuki is now willing to hear her out. He still hasn't forgotten the atrocities that man did to his team, particularly to Andy.

Hiroyuki: "Alan Long.... that man. All right, I want that huge thorn to be taken out, now that you've mentioned him."

Julie: "Very well then. I'm glad we're on the same page. The driver I need? His name is..."

End of Page 13

Pretty sure "Deutschland Power" would also apply to the new Supra since it shares the same platform with the new BMW Z4. :lol: Not in a bad way, of course!

Great chapter nonetheless!

Page 14 - The Consultant

Time: 11 am, the next day

Mila decides to return to the Polyphony Digital Headquarters to speak with Kazunori once more. Though she expects him to be preoccupied along with the fact that she didn't set an appointment with him, though she believes a small glimmer of chance may be looming around.

As she is just meters away from the building, she sees a black Toyota Century sedan. Coming out of the car are two men - Kazunori Yamauchi and a guest, a tall Caucasian man who looks in his 40s, with short brown hair with considerable amounts of facial hair wearing a brown leather jacket with jeans. She stops briefly on her tracks, and upon seeing the guest, she immediately recognizes the man.

Mila: "No way. that's..."

Instead of entering the building, Mila heads over to a coffee shop right in front. She definitely won't be able to talk to Kazunori, but rather she helps herself with coffee and browse the internet through the laptop to kill some time. She definitely recognizes the man, and is now deep in her thoughts.

Mila: "That man. Dr.Eng Abel Kern. What is he doing here in Japan? I'm pretty sure he knows his son is here, but why is he seeing Kazunori-san?"

The waitress then serves her order - a hot cup of coffee with a large ham and cheese croissant. That will be her lunch for today.

Mila: "Dr. Eng Abel Kern - Kevin's father. Kevin and I knew each other since kindergarten. Kevin's parents divorced when he was 5, and he has resented him ever since and would make it a point to tell his friends never to mention his father, not even the name. His parents are both Doctors of Engineering. That family maybe impressive on paper, but clearly it isn't close knit. For 22 years, Dr. Eng Alicia Kern raised her son until her passing very recently."

She then reaches for her smartphone, about to check the vgtmurder Instagram account. However, she sees a Direct Message notification, and upon opening it, the sender was none other than vgtmurder himself.

The first message reads:

vgtmurder: I know you've been searching for the truth too. I even admire how you do it, going directly to the man himself.

Mila: "How does he know what I'm doing?! This is creepy... but I cannot pass up an opportunity."

She then replies:

Mila: The truth shall one day come out. That I can be sure of. But who are you, really?

And a reply comes immediately.

vgtmurder: I aim to fix the future of racing. I believe that paving the path to the future should never be drenched in blood.

Mila: "He's active right now. Good."

She then asks the whereabouts.

Mila: Where are you currently? Can we meet up?

But then the user would clearly keep himself anonymous.

vgtmurder: I can be anywhere. However, you ought to do your job right now. I shall send coordinates to a location you should go to... immediately.

The mysterious person then sends the coordinates. Mila copies and paste it on the navigation app, and it apparently is a warehouse nearby Fuji Speedway in Shizuoka.

Mila would then respond back.

Mila: Thank you for sending the coordinates, but what's in that location?

Then vgtmurder responds with:

vgtmurder: You may find some car blueprints with technology that will completely change the face of racing, and not with the best intentions. It's one of the warehouses set up by Kazunori Yamauchi. He clearly will not tell you directly, so it's time to do some searching.

After eating her fill, she quickly puts her laptop inside her backpack. Then she takes a bus heading to Shizuoka, and the trip would take almost two hours.

************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Time: 2 pm

With some difficulty, Mila locates the warehouse solely by her navigation app. Strangely, the front door is open. She would then head inside anyway.

It looks far from abandoned. The pieces of equipment are free of dust. Blueprints are seen scattered on a long table. But a particular car captures her attention.

20190322171431.jpg

A black Audi Vision Gran Turismo greets her sight.

Mila: "One of the Vision GT cars, I presume."

But then she would hear a car approaching. She runs and ducks behind some boxes at the corner. Upon peeking, it apparently is the same Toyota sedan, with the same two men, plus Marina getting out from it.

The three then look at the race car. Abel Kern would walk around it.

Kazunori: "This is what we're going to pit in Group 1 category races. 3.4 liter twin turbo V6 with an electric motor up front."

Abel: "So it's a hybrid, then?"

Marina: "Your expertise in electronics should be a great asset for us."

Abel: "Where's the electric motors mounted? It shouldn't be detrimental to the weight distribution."

Kazunori: "Nearby the front wheels."

Abel: "Good strategy."

Kazunori: "I want to undo the damage done by Alan Long. But clearly it isn't an easy task."

Abel: "That's noble of you. Meanwhile, I want to make up for someone."

Marina: "Shall we go to the testing?"

The three agree, and Kazunori instructs his crew to load up the car. The men would push the car all the way to the outside. Mila would then move away, still slowly moving while crouching her way to the blueprints. She then would wait for the truck and the sedan to leave. When the vehicles leave, she finally stands up, and focuses her attention on the blueprints, now that no one is around.

She is astounded by what she's looking at. Self-driving technology has made its way to them, but the cars themselves are still missing.

Mila: "Self-driving tech. But where are the cars? SRT Tomahawk Vision Gran Turismo, Alpine Vision Gran Turismo for Ravenwest. Both of which were modified to meet Group 1 specifications."

Little does she know that right above her, perching on the horizontal steel beam is the man in the black suit. His goggles are as clean as ever...

***************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Time: 3 pm

The testing goes underway. Marina is at the helm of the Audi VGT while Kazunori and Abel are in the pit garage.

20190322171443.jpg

Kazunori: "I've seen your son winning his first ever race yesterday.

Abel: "I'm happy for him. Even though he will never ever forgive me."

20190322171504.jpg

Abel: "But at the very least, I want to do something that will finally give him peace."

20190322171511.jpg

Abel: "He may be a happy man outside, but deep down he is severely troubled. I am to blame for that."

20190322171517.jpg

Abel: "At one point, I heard that he even has plans to pursue a PhD in Mechanical Engineering, but that fell apart."

20190322171523.jpg

Abel: "It's all right that you can call me the worst father in the world. I deserve that."

Kazunori: "One day your son will appreciate your efforts. It can wait, but he'll definitely see it."

20190322171529.jpg

Abel: "How I wish I could turn back time, twenty-two years in the past. I should have listened to my wife. That has been in my thoughts ever since she died. Just to make sure I make it up to her..."

20190322184836.jpg

Abel:
"...I took the liberty on finishing her creation."

End of Page 14

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

- That red e-Tron VGT? That's the main star for the VGT-centered story arc coming right after this one.

Page 15 - Autonomous

Time: 9 pm

Kevin unlocks the door of his home and enters. He is slightly drowsy, as he came from his daily Japanese language tutorial. But before he could even go to his room, he places his backpack on the sofa and proceeds to the kitchen, taking out some ingredients from the refrigerator.

He starts chopping vegetables, and then some pork cutlets as he intends to cook Katsu Curry - he fell in love with that dish the moment he arrived in Japan and had that dish as his first meal. Then he prepares the curry mix.

But just as he is about to light up the stove, he hears someone knocking on the door. He lets his hand go of the knob.

He doesn't expect a guest at this hour, but he opens up the door anyway.

And then it was the shock of his life - it's his father, Abel. Kevin clenches his fist, as if all of his anger and resentment suddenly came rushing back.

Kevin: "How did you find me here?"

Abel: "I asked your teammates. Plus, I've been watching your so-called live streams and video posts so definitely it's easy to track you down."

(Background Music: Roxas's Theme - Kingdom Hearts II OST)

Without any further response, Kevin lunges his right fist onto his father's nose. Abel falls on to the ground, but Kevin follows it up, pummelling his fists over and over to the fallen man. All those feelings pent up for over twenty two years...

Kevin: "HOW DARE YOU EVEN SHOW UP HERE! YOU'RE DEAD TO ME! DO YOU REALLY WANT TO BE DEAD?! I CAN DO IT FOR YOU!"

Kevin keeps on punching, while tears come out from his eyes.

Kevin: "YOU DIDN'T EVEN BOTHER SHOWING UP ON MOM'S FUNERAL! TELL ME, DO YOU HAVE A NEW FAMILY?! HUH?! DO I EVEN HAVE A HALF-SIBLING?! MY MOTHER RAISED ME ALL BY HERSELF FOR TWENTY-TWO YEARS! YOU DIDN'T EVEN BOTHER CHECKING UP ON US!"

His punches would then come in slower, and weaker. Tears and blood are all over Abel's face.

Abel: "If it feels any better... you can keep on going. Don't stop."

Kevin musters up his strength in his right fist, about to deliver his final blow.

Kevin: "RAAAAHHHHH!"

But that fist would end up slamming on to the pavement, inches away from Abel's ear, creating a slight crack on the concrete.

He hyperventilates. There's pretty much no sense in beating his father even further. Rather, he stands up and delivers a kick as the final straw. Kevin then points his finger down to his severely beaten father.

Kevin: "Get up. And don't bother showing your face ever again. Or else I'll do much worse. GET UP!!!"

Abel struggles to get back on his feet. He first starts to crawl, and eventually gather strength to stand up, albeit at a snail's pace. When he finally is able to stand up straight, he utters a sentence.

Abel: "Just to let you know... I'm trying to make everything up to you... both of you... but..."

Kevin clenches his right fist again, agitated once more.

Kevin: "What did you say?!"

Abel: "I wish... time would have turned back. I'm... sorry."

Abel simply leaves his devastated son, holding on to his beaten face.

Kevin, meanwhile gets back inside, slamming the door. He leans on it and continues on crying. A stream of tears just keep on flowing. Having the very source of one's sadness or anger suddenly come back would surely trigger bad memories; and even someone happy and positive like Kevin is no exception.

***********************************************************************************************************************************************************

Time: Sunday, 12 pm

It's another race day for Kevin. Despite what happened on that night, he has to keep his spirits up, and treat that one as a nightmare. Thankfully, the drivers' turns were switched this time. Nobuhiko would have to do the final run.

And a new adversary presents: the self-driving Peugeot Vision Gran Turismo Gr. 3 joins the fray to showcase the new technology by Petroheads Racing, despite them being ineligible for points for now.

Takanori: "That self-driving Peugeot is something else, huh?"

Nobuhiko: "Oyaji has once mentioned that tech, but we all dismissed that as a rumor."

20190323165610.jpg

However, his encounter with his father still left a hint of displeasure evident on his pace.

20190323165616.jpg

Even Takanori notices this slump on Kevin's performance which is unexpected from him, prompting him to radio in.

Takanori: "Kevin-san, are you okay? Your pace is slower at this lap."

Kevin: "Yeah! Don't worry much about me! My run is about to end, anyway."

20190323165622.jpg

Kevin would then lament on his own weak show of performance.

Kevin: "Dammit.... don't let that monster ruin your performance, Kevin! Forget the past! You've got a much better life ahead of you right now! You don't need him anymore!"

20190323165628.jpg

Kevin used his own reprimand to step up his game, and so he buries the throttle.

20190323165634.jpg

His sector time improves, and manages to overtake another competitor.

But then that would be his last run, and is now going to enter the pit lane.

Kevin: "I'm going in. Driver change, refuel and tire change please."

Takanori: "Copy. Nobuhiko-san, get ready!"

20190323165640.jpg

The Supra now enters the pit lane, with Nobuhiko ready for the switch. Kevin gets out as the car is raised up for the tires to be changed. As Kevin enters the pit garage, he removes his helmet and fixes his spiky hair. Takanori would then approach him.

Kevin: "Gomennasai, Takanori-san. I'm a little off today."

However, knowing Takanori, he would just give the new racer a pat on the shoulder and smile.

Takanori: "That's okay, Kevin-san! Whatever it is you're going through right now, it'll feel better."

Kevin would smile back.

Kevin: "Thank you, Takanori-san. You're like... a brother to me."

Takanori: "Now that you've mentioned that... you reminded me of a half-brother who passed away a year ago or two. He's German too... and knows so much stuff about mechanics. I wish you two would have met."

Takanori would then give another pat on Kevin's shoulder before he could join the crew. Then Kevin would go at the back to reach for his laptop and earphones, opening up a song that would hopefully drown out his sadness. Kevin would then hum at the tunes.

Back in the race, Nobuhiko finally spots the self-driving race car.

20190323165646.jpg

Fritz is still behind the wheel of the Peugeot, monitoring every single movement.

Nobuhiko: "Let's see how this technology would do."

20190323165652.jpg

The Peugeot would follow the ideal line for the course as programmed.

Nobuhiko: "Interesting. It takes the ideal lines for this course. Pretty sure it needed driver input first before being put into a program or something."

20190323165658.jpg

Nobuhiko: "This could potentially change the face of racing forever! And not in a good way..."

20190323165704.jpg

End of Page 15

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

- I miss Axel Eisenberg and his SLR McLaren 722 Edition. :(

- Tomorrow shall be the day that I'll announce the winner of the livery contest! You can still submit your entries, up until 12 pm (GMT+8) tomorrow.

- This arc will end on Monday, and you'll definitely found who is the man in the black suit, and as well as the remainder of MJ's interview with Kazunori.

Page 16 - Glitch

20190324154822.jpg

Man versus Artificial Intelligence - which shall prevail?

(Background Music: Brain 21 - Something For Your Mind)

Nobuhiko: "That tech is promising indeed. But definitely it's going to be monopolized!"

20190324154832.jpg

Nobuhiko: "Pretty soon, even clowns can get in the world of racing. I can't even imagine..."

The Peugeot race car shows impeccable racing lines that only professionals can devise.

20190324154838.jpg

Meanwhile, Fritz is utterly confident that the tech will change everything in the racing world. Progress is something he believes in.

Fritz: "Progress is imminent. Plus, human beings have a threshold. You can't be a superhero! This tech removes the element of fatigue among drivers! All they can ever do is watch!"

20190324154844.jpg

Even the timing of the throttle usage is programmed. Fritz's feet aren't even close to the pedals either...

Fritz: "The system also adjusts the throttle input based on the variables such as tire grip, corner angle, and cornering speed. One could no longer need to think when to bury their foot on the pedal!"

20190324154851.jpg

Another lap has passed, and it seems that Nobuhiko is found his match - an autonomous driving technology.

Nobuhiko: "Gotta give props to the person behind this. But I still believe what a human being can do!"

20190324154857.jpg

However, upon traversing through the first hairpin, luck seems to have fell on Nobuhiko's favor. The VGT would input excessive throttle...

Fritz: "What the...?!"

20190324154903.jpg

Fritz would then step on the brake in an attempt to correct the car out of the turn. Nobuhiko is then bewildered at the glitch.

Nobuhiko: "Huh? What just happened?"

After the hairpin, there's a gentle mid-speed turn that relies on throttle control and weight transfer. But then the Peugeot would exhibit another peculiar behavior. It went full throttle, which sends Fritz into frenzy as he has never experienced a glitch in the system.

Fritz: "What is going on?! That shouldn't be! It isn't how you take this turn!"

20190324154909.jpg

The car would eventually correct itself at the exit.

20190324154915.jpg

Nobuhiko: "Even machines would make mistakes. They're not something built to replace manpower entirely."

At the second hairpin, the system would show another glitch. Excessive throttle input plagues the car.

20190324154922.jpg

Fritz: "No!"

Fritz would then apply the brakes, but clearly even the system would override it and continue on applying the throttle.

The VGT would end up in the ditch, handing over its position to the Supra.

20190324154928.jpg

Fritz: "I can't believe this..."

Then on the screen at the dashboard, a message suddenly pops up.

"You murdered them and their dreams. But justice shall be delivered soon."

Fritz is distraught by the message. Clearly someone is at play, messing around the system all this time.

Fritz: "Someone sabotaged the system! Argh!"

Nobuhiko: "That system may be great on paper, but clearly it's not perfect. After all, a human being was the one who created it."

20190324154934.jpg

Nobuhiko would then soldier on, with the race is nearing in its final leg.

Time: 9 pm, the next day

Mila is hard at work at her laptop, piecing together the information she gathered at Shizuoka. She also checks Instagram, especially vgtmurder's page.

Three new posts were made, each containing brief information about the persons mentioned in the previous post.

But before she could check the first one, a Direct Message notification suddenly appears. Once again, it's vgtmurder.

vgtmurder: I assume you're piecing together the juicy information you earned from Shizuoka, am I right?

Mila then replies:

mj996: Yes. That's right. Thank you for your assistance. This is unprecedented. I can't believe this is happening in the racing world all along.

To which vgtmurder responds with:

vgtmurder: This has been in progress for years now. Even lives were to be paid in the name of change. But even the savviest of technologies have its weaknesses. I'm currently working on that. For now, you deserve a reward for your hard work. Let us meet up right now in Nihonbashi, under the bridge popularly known as the Kilometer Zero. I'll send you a photo of the location and a car you will spot.

The anonymous account would send the photo of the location, with the black 911 RS Hybrid in it.

20190324154953.jpg

Mila:
"That black Porsche. No doubt about it.

She then would respond:

mj996: Okay. I got it.

And then vgtmurder would give another instruction before she could leave.

vgtmurder: Bring NO ONE. Do not worry, treat this as a casual meeting. I wish you no harm.

Mila then puts her jacket on and wears her boots. She then exits the hotel in haste. An opportunity like this is golden, to finally meet the person behind all of the social media attacks on Kazunori Yamauchi. Being a journalist for years, she is used to meeting even the most dangerous of people in the name of information.

Almost an hour later, she makes it in the meeting location. She sees the black Porsche parked exactly the same location she sees in the photo. A gust of wind blows, and Mila clenches her fist, a sign of anxiety but also mixed with courage.

The man in the black suit finally comes out in the open, walking towards Mila. She would then put up a brave front as she sees the man coming to her.

And then, the man would start to unstrap the goggles...

End of Page 16

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

- The winner of the first ever story livery contest is:

Congratulations! You get this very coveted trophy!

bb2.png

- And stay tuned as we finally find out who truly is vgtmurder as the arc comes to an end! Who could that be?!

Page 17 - The Road to Justice

Time: 10 pm

Meanwhile, Kazunori is the only person left in his office since the employees have gone home hours earlier. The city skyscrapers are still well-lit. One would say that a person like him must enjoy rest. But then his will is indomitable.

He would then look at vgtmurder's Instagram page once more, only to find three new posts posted seconds from each other. Seeing those posts, he would then just lean down on his chair and close his eyes.

He reminisces the remainder of Mila's interview.

Mila: "On to the next question, then. What about these three German scientists that were murdered on separate occasions? One of the perpetrators was sent to jail, but the other two are still on the run.

"Dr. Matthias Muller...

Dr. Heinrich Altenbach...

and...

Dr. Eng. Alicia Kern.

Dr. Muller was ruled out as "accidental", even though most believed it was intentional. Dr. Altenbach's murder was solved in an instant as the killer was put to justice. But for Dr. Eng. Kern... the murderer is still at large. Those three have clearly stepped on something they shouldn't have. And they... were just working for the future of racing.

They had left behind families, families who depended on them. And these murders happened during the time you were still partnered with Alan Long. People are starting to point fingers at you. Have you ever thought of a possibility that this "vgtmurder" person could be one among those left behind, seeking for answers?"

Kazunori: "Ah yes... I would never thought a day would come that one would ask those questions. The truth will always come to haunt you, am I right? Well, Like what I said, I follow up on their cases, but it seems that they end up as dead ends. And as for Alan Long...

...I wouldn't rule him out as the one behind all of this. He's very ambitious, but clearly he had been strayed away from his path. Dream Alliance has thwarted his plans more than once, and when that happened, he simply disappeared.

Yet he would still associate me in his rogue works. I even had the Interpol run after him, and so far...

...nothing ever came out of this. I simply cannot waste my money on searching for just one person hiding in some corner.

Mila: "So... you just gave up on your search?"

Kazunori: "I decided to take a different direction. Start a new program. Organize major events concerning Vision Gran Turismo cars. I believe that once I do all of these, he will come out of hiding. He is still a business-minded person, and for him, all that matters is profits.

He will not pass up an opportunity when there's money involved. He will monopolize the one thing I've been working hard for years.

And I...

...cannot accept that.

I will put this project on a step to the right direction. Little by little. Let the right people hunt him down, but definitely not me. I'm not a hunter.

My cars against his. That is my battle. The battle for the ultimate vision.

************************************************************************************************************************************************************

20190324154953.jpg

Mila finally meets the man responsible for social media attacks against Kazunori. He had then decided to unmask himself, starting with the unstrapping of his goggles. He would then drop them on to the pavement.

Next, he slowly pulls out the mask covering his entire head, tucked in underneath the neck portion of his leather jumpsuit. When the mask finally comes off, Mila cannot fathom at who she is facing with. She would gasp, and cover her mouth in shock.

Mila: "K... KEVIN?! Why?!"

Kevin: "MJ... I told you before. I will never ever stop on my path to justice. I can't just let my mother's death go unsolved."

Mila: "I can't believe this... out of all people. Why you?! Why do you have to attack Kazunori-san for this?!"

Kevin: "Because he let this happen! He didn't even bother looking for the persons responsible for the murders. HE TREATED THEM LIKE GARBAGE! And also..."

page17flashback1.jpg

page17flashback2.jpg

Kevin: "I took the liberty of playing their proud little toy on that race yesterday. For fun. And to show what an angered man can do."

Mila: "Leave Kazunori-san out of this! I spoke to him, and he has new plans. He thinks Alan Long was the person responsible for all of this. He will try to lure him out! You're raiding Kazunori-san's office and yet you missed out on that?!"

Mila would then take a deep sigh.

Mila: "Listen, you don't have to do this. May I need to remind you why we broke up? Your stubbornness is what brought this relationship down. I sincerely hope that stubbornness of yours won't end up killing you. Look, we can do this together. We can put Alan Long to justice. But it has to be the right way."

Kevin would then briefly look down, being hit with Mila's statement. He would have to let his pride down for her.

Kevin: "MJ.... I'm sorry. I was blinded by anger. The very person who I considered my life was taken away. And it devastated me. The wounds are still fresh. I cannot simply sit this one out. I have to do something. I have to. The authorities can't give a solid answer, so I took matters to my own hands. I have to get to the truth, and therefore raiding Kazunori's office is one thing I know that will get me closer to it."

Mila would then put her hand on Kevin's shoulder.

Mila: "I know what you're going through. I see your mother as a role model for me too. Having lost a very important person in my life also devastated me. You're not the only one who's hurt deeply. I owe so much to your mother too, you know? We can do this together. Also, Vincenzo is finally out of jail, and is eager to help us again. Let's start over. Can we?"

Kevin would then look straight at her, and show a smile.

Kevin: "Yeah... let's start over."

The two would then close their eyes and press their lips against each other.

Location: Dream Alliance Global Headquarters, Nurburg, Germany
Time: 7 pm, one week later

Kevin was summoned by Hiroyuki to Germany. Not only he is give a summary of his adventures there, but also he is to meet up with someone...

Hiroyuki: "It looks like your social media expertise is truly magnificent. We have acquired 2 million followers ever since you came to us. And it's still gaining traction as we speak. Plus, I am genuinely impressed by your performance too, based on Takanori's reports.

Kevin: "Thank you, Hiroyuki-san. But I believe I can still do better. There's still things that I have yet to learn. But... let me ask, why did you summon me here?"

Hiroyuki: "I'm sending you to a "special mission". Someone needs your help. I told Takanori-san that you'll be taken off the team for a while and put you under my jurisdiction."

Hiroyuki leads him to the guests. They look at a red Audi e-tron Vision Gran Turismo.

20190325085325.jpg

Coming out of the car are two people - Julie Meade and Abel Kern. Kevin's eyes widened upon seeing his father once more.

Kevin: "They're..."

Hiroyuki: "I believe they need your help."

Julie would then approach Kevin, and the two would shake hands.

Julie: "Guten abend, Kevin Kern. My name is Julie Meade. You've definitely heard of my arrest, but let me assure you that was an entirely different reason. And I believe you recognize my companion."

Kevin briefly looks at his father who is merely leaning on to the car. The patriarch would simply wave his hand as a greeting.

Julie: "You see, we need your expertise for this very important mission. And it has to be you. I can help you get to Alan Long, and have your sweet revenge... the right way, that is."

Kevin would then put up a smile and nod upon hearing the proposal.

Kevin: "Sounds splendid to me."

Julie: "So technically, you will be working for Kazunori Yamauchi. But that's the only ticket to fun."

Kevin: "But do take note, I also have two people aiding me in my quest. I hope you don't mind."

Julie: "The more, the merrier, as they say. Good."

The next day, Kevin takes his free time getting the grips of his new car. His father is at the passenger seat.

20190325085336.jpg

Abel: "Kevin... I know you still won't forgive me, but please allow me to help you."

Kevin: "If it means getting closer to my goal, then I would."

Kevin buries the throttle. The electric motors would unleash all 800 horsepower the instant the accelerator was stepped. No lag can be detected whatsoever.

The electric supercar would then immediately hit 300 km/h at a moderately lengthy straightaway, but the car's brakes also are up to the task.

20190325085342.jpg

Abel: "I know how much your mother doted on you back then, and in turn you revolved your life around her. Having that taken away truly was devastating."

20190325085350.jpg

Abel: "But let me assure you, I truly regret what I have done. How I wish I could have saved her. To make it up, and I'm pretty sure this won't be enough, I finished this car for both of you. She created this in hopes of fighting Alan Long's twisted ambitions... for you. She knew all along that you were into racing."

Kevin sheds a single tear from his eye, knowing the history behind the car he's driving. Then he tightens his grip on the wheel.

Kevin: "Alan Long will see the error of his ways. And I will make sure that happens, even if I stake my life!"

THE END

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

- Damn! Who could have thought that a weaboo/cosplayer/generally happy-go-lucky guy would turn out to be MORE DANGEROUS than Rob Hatch? :eek:

- Originally, Kaz and his new VGT program would also be part of this arc, but I decided that it has an entirely different theme, therefore splitting it into a new arc which would definitely be the next one.

- Expect another livery contest for the next arc. So please stay tuned!

- And also, do check out my latest post in the GT Sport Community News Feed of another upcoming car. :sly:

DUEL VOLUNTEER REQUEST!

Tomorrow, the first page of the 4th arc will be posted. In the meantime, I do need just one volunteer to drive these cars:

7133772189321396232_23.jpg

4764839267390194224_23.jpg

We'll do two races, basically. And as mentioned before, these liveries are private, so if this is your first time doing this, please send me a PSN friend request first.

I'll open the lobby at 6 am (GMT+8) tomorrow.

Or if possible, 9 pm (GMT+8) later. Whichever one would work just fine.

VISION

20190326161208.jpg

Faced with numerous challenges, Kazunori Yamauchi now stands up and takes his newly-formed Vision Gran Turismo Project to a new direction, aiming to correct his wrongs and take down his former partner.

He now finds an unlikely ally, the very person who was bent on putting him down - Kevin Kern.

The two will then have to work together to protect the future of the racing world.

New Characters:

Marina Ohno:

Nationality: Japanese
Occupation: Race Car Driver under the Vision Gran Turismo Project

Car/s: Owned: IsoRivolta Zagato Vision Gran Turismo

Background: Marina Ohno got in the world of racing in the tender age of 14 when her father introduced her in karting events. She would then eventually have a knack in it for years until she competed at a professional level. Her skills would then lead her to Kazunori Yamauchi, and would then be a staunch supporter of him ever since.

She knows very well the controversies the project has been surrounded with, but her unwavering loyalty to Kazunori will ensure a smooth sail to redemption.

Park Ji-Soo:

Nationality: Korean
Car/s Owned: Hyundai N 2020 Vision Gran Turismo

Background: Park Ji-Soo has made a name for herself in the online community for make up tutorial videos. She has a vast array of sponsors and as well as fans from around the globe.

She does have a new gig, apparently. Ji-Soo takes on a role as "The Voice of Mr. A", announcing the intentions of Mr. A to the racing world. To aid her on that task, she would promote Mr. A's racing team via her Hyundai N 2020 Vision Gran Turismo and would also perform her live stream make up tutorial videos while the car is driving by itself.

And also... she has a crush on Kevin Kern too, and claims herself to be his number 1 fan.

Mr. A

Background:
Mr. A could very well be a mysterious yet worthy rival to Kazunori Yamauchi's Vision Gran Turismo project. He also has VGT cars in his arsenal, but it turns out all of them have self-driving technology, and has a team of not just race car drivers, but also some armed men.

You could definitely guess who this guy is...

Timeline: A direct sequel to "Dream Alliance Japan".

Page 1: The Team

Time: 7 pm; one week later

Another day has ended for the employees of Polyphony Digital. They just came from a meeting discussing their future E-sports plans.

Marina and Kazunori would stay, and would instead go to the office to wait for someone.

Marina helps herself with a cup of coffee, but upon offering the same thing to Kazunori, he would decline otherwise.

Kazunori: "This meeting will be brief anyway. I will be going home right after."

Marina: "Okay then. This guest of yours is taking a bit long, don't you think?"

20190326161221.jpg

The guest in question is a Korean social media celebrity named Park Ji-Soo. She is on her way, but seemingly lost in the city.

20190326161229.jpg

Her hands are off the wheel, indicating her car has self-driving technology. She is facing at the camera, talking to her fans pretty much about everything...

Ji-Soo: "Well, as you see, I'm in Tokyo now. But I'm kinda lost. I want to go to Polyphony Digital Headquarters, but since I just got this car, I haven't yet fiddled much in the controls. In the navigation, there's an option to put the coordinates, so can you please send me through the comments section the coordinates for Polyphony Digital headquarters? I would so appreciate it! I'm waiting!"

She then pulls over, browsing through the endless stream of comments that keep coming in, until one fan sends her the coordinates. She inputs them right away in the navigation system and the location was detected as Polyphony Digital.

Ji-Soo: "Oh thank you KevJi99! Oh by the way, I like your handle! KevJi! Oh how I wish that would come true! Kevin Oppa... I would love to kiss you someday! Anyhow, I'm on my way!"

With the car doing all of the work, she finally arrives at the destination. She exits the car, with her crystal-laced boots stepping on the pavement.

She waits in the reception area until the secretary guides her on the way to his office. Upon entering, Kazunori would then stand up and the two would exchange bows for the greeting.

Ji-Soo: "I've finally gotten to meet you in person, Kazunori-san."

Kazunori: "A pleasure to meet you too, Ms. Park."

Ji-Soo: "I got lost on the way here, I'm sorry. But anyhow, I'm here to deliver some information as instructed by "Mr. A". He basically said that he's up to the challenge. He is ready. He's asking if the events are already organized."

Kazunori: "Tell him that everything is falling into place. All he needs to do is to make sure his team shows up."

Ji-Soo: "Gotcha! And by the way, have you found out who is this "vgtmurder" guy? He's annoying as heck."

Kazunori: "With all due respect, it's none of your concern. What you should be doing is watching over Mr. A and his actions."

Ji-Soo: "Oh okay, sir. The battleground is set! The world is ready to watch! Oh, I will do some race commentary too, and the usual plugging in of some sponsors of mine. Ta!"

Ji-Soo would then bow once more and then takes her leave.

Marina: "Wow. What a girl."

Kazunori: "Pardon her attitude, but she's definitely important."

Marina: "Why so?"

Kazunori would only give a smirk on his face.

Kazunori: "Hmph. Anyway, get that Audi VGT prepped. Our first Group 1 race is just around the corner."

Time: 12 pm, two days later

Situated nearby the ever famous Nurburgring circuit complex, is a warehouse that may seem abandoned...

...but it's actually being used by none other than Kevin Kern, and his newly-formed crew composed of Julie Meade, Abel Kern, Vincenzo Romano, and Mila Janson.

Kevin is busy screwing tightly the new electric discs he made. He then throws one to the wall, and upon a finger snap, it sends a larger shockwave than the previous ones he deployed. Mila steps back reflexively.

Kevin: "Much better."

Mila: "Isn't that a tad too dangerous?"

Julie steps in to answer Mila's question.

Julie: "We need that little toy if we are to stop Alan Long. Kevin knows the intricacies of the self-driving technology."

Vincenzo: "If we could disable one of his cars, we can get information as to where they are coming from. That way, we could hunt down Alan."

Julie: "Last time I checked, one of his self-driving prototypes are in New York. But I need confirmation from my mole I dispatched there."

Kevin: "Any information?"

Julie: "Not yet so far. That mole should work on submitting within the deadline. Time is of the essence."

Kevin stands up, and gets the key fob of his Audi e-Tron VGT.

Kevin: "I'm going out for a drive. I ought to get familiar with the car once more."

Kevin sets off, with the car quietly exiting the warehouse.

While driving, he sinks into his thoughts, especially knowing that he's now working for the very man he's bent on putting down.

Kevin: "Who would have thought I would work for Kazunori Yamauchi."

20190327135256.jpg

Kevin: "But despite what had happened, he is aiming to right his wrongs. I guess one could call that a penitence."

As he wanders further, he is then followed behind...

20190327135307.jpg

...by none other than Ji-Soo.

Ji-Soo: "Oh look! What a bizarre looking car! Hehe! As bizarre as mine, I suppose. It's quiet too!"

End of Page 1

IT'S TIME FOR ANOTHER LIVERY CONTEST!

20190327135423.jpg

This time around, you'll be submitting TWO entries. As you can see, here are two beastly SRT Tomahawk VGTs waiting for a makeover!

Rules:

Cars: SRT Tomahawk GTS-R VGT and SRT Tomahawk VGT Gr.1

Livery: Ravenwest Livery

IMPORTANT: PLEASE KEEP THE LIVERY FREE OF ANY OFFENSIVE CONTENT.

I will be judging the entries individually, not as a group. So it could be possible that there are two winners for this contest!

Submission Date: April 6, 2019 (12 PM GMT+8)

SUBMIT YOUR ENTRIES EITHER BY PM OR BY POSTING HERE.
Please post the photo and the link of the liveries.

LET YOUR CREATIVE JUICES FLOW! LOOKING FORWARD FOR YOUR ENTRIES!

Page 2: First Mission

Ji-Soo intends to play around with what it seems a car as unique as hers. But upon going by the side and clearly sees Kevin, her heart beats twice the rate, and her excitement rises all throughout. She then quickly turns her livestream camera on.

20190327135317.jpg

Ji-Soo: "OH MY GOD! I'M FINALLY SEEING MY ULTIMATE OPPA! Kevin Kern! Ladies and gentlemen, this is one moment we cannot miss!"

The Hyundai blasts away, and Kevin treats it as a sign of challenge.

20190327135323.jpg

Kevin: "You wanna play? I'm kinda bored."

He goes on full throttle. All 800 electrical horsepower unleashed in a blink of an eye.

20190327135329.jpg

Kevin: "That car's quiet too. Electric, perhaps?"

But Ji-Soo says otherwise in her stream.

Ji-Soo: "Oh, his car is also quiet. Definitely electric! But mine is Hydrogen powered! The only high-performance machine in the world carrying that honor! Can he keep up? Oh he must be! He's very skilled! We are destined to be together!"

20190327135335.jpg

She then proceeds to ask her fans.

Ji-Soo: "Oh hey! Is my make up okay? DO I LOOK CUTE IN FRONT OF HIM?! Oh my god! What will I say?! I'm so nervous and excited at the same time!!!"

Little does she know, the red Audi is right behind her tail for drafting.

20190327135342.jpg

Kevin: "You're quite fast. But I'm afraid that's the only good thing I can say."

20190327135348.jpg

Kevin would waste no time observing his pursuer. He makes a quick work of his self-proclaimed number one fan. Ji-Soo frantically pleas to not leave her.

Ji-Soo: "Don't leave me, OPPA!!!"

20190327135354.jpg

She would then grasp the wheel, in an attempt to control the car by myself.

20190327135401.jpg

But then her intervention would cost her run. The hydrogen supercar sends itself to the ditch.

20190327135407.jpg

Ji-Soo: "Oof!"

Kevin would notice his pursuer crashing into the ditch. He would then pull over.

Kevin: "Is the driver okay?"

20190327135416.jpg

In a brief moment, the Hyundai VGT pulls over as well. Ji-Soo would then hurriedly exit the car, and rushes to meet her ultimate crush.

Ji-Soo: "Oppa!!!! Oh my god!!!

She then proceeds to smooch his face as she got close to him.

Kevin: "Uhhhh..."

Ji-Soo: "I'M YOUR NUMBER ONE FAN! Oooh! Selfie time!"

Kevin could do nothing but comply with his fan's request. After the gesture, Ji-Soo composes herself.

Ji-Soo: "I actually came here to meet Julie Meade. I assume you've already been recruited."

Kevin: "Yes. And how do you know her?"

Ji-Soo: "You'll know when you take me there. I have to see her. Can we have a convoy?"

Kevin: "Uh... sure."

Ji-Soo would then excitedly get back to her car, giggling and screaming as she finally meets her crush.

Kevin leads her back to the warehouse. Julie would then approach the Korean social media celebrity upon their arrival.

Julie: "Oh finally."

Ji-Soo: "Oh finally too! I was quite lost, until destiny led me here! Who would have thought my ultimate crush would lead me here?!"

She then proceeds to hug Kevin, much to the chagrin of Mila, prompting her to cross her arms upon watching her boyfriend being hugged.

Julie: "Just so you know, Kevin's been taken. Hands off."

Ji-Soo: "Oh..."

Ji-Soo would then let go of Kevin. For now, it's time for business. She has a serious reason for meeting with Julie.

Ji-Soo: "Let's cut to the chase shall we?"

Julie: "Any update on Mr.A? Or should I say... Alan Long?"

Ji-Soo: "Oh! He is serious on locking horns with Kazunori-san. To think the whole world will be their battlefield. Even the FIA got intrigued."

Julie: "As usual... Alan Long would never pass up an opportunity for profits. And he can buy off one's dreams for his own ends."

Ji-Soo: "And to confirm your suspicions.... Yes, he is in New York at the moment. His team is currently testing a road car fitted with self-driving tech. Then their first ever duel would involve Group 1 category cars. Kazunori-san and his drivers would participate, obviously."

Julie: "Then that's our cue. We will go there. With Kevin's little discs, we can immobilize the said car and get its ECU. We can track down "Mr. A" using it."

Kevin would then display an impish grin on his face while crackling his fists.

Kevin: "Time to pack up then. Time to ambush an autonomous car."

End of Page 2

Page 3 - New York Heist

Time: 8 am, three days later

The city that never sleeps, or so they say...

The team arrived last night, gathering first at Julie's penthouse in Manhattan for a mandatory rest.

The next day, everyone wakes up early for the mission. Julie would then get a bottle of water from the refrigerator. She would then cook breakfast for the team.

Abel couldn't help but be impressed by the penthouse's architecture while sitting on the sofa.

Abel: "This can only be a dream for me... and Kevin."

Julie: "Well, you would have a life like this if you stayed with your wife, won't it?"

Abel: "I guess so."

Julie: "Trust me, you can and will patch up things with Kevin. It's not too late. I'm a mother too... well, I was a mother."

She would then serve the meals and summons everyone to the large dining table. It's time to brief them.

Julie: "Everyone, listen up. Ji-Soo is currently where Alan is. She has to do her job as my mole, sucking the information out of him for us. And for us, we can pull this off if we follow every single step I gave to each of you.

Ji-Soo will give me a call as to when you'll trail the car in question. Vincenzo and Kevin will be on standby. While Mila and Abel will go to the headquarters, get a scoop and post what you find in the "vgtmurder" Instagram account.

Kevin, what you'll be driving is my NSX. Please take good care of it. I don't want to see any nicks or scratches. We will meet at a certain garage in Queens after you acquire the target car.

Kevin: "Understood. But do take note, I may go a little nuts."

An hour later, the entire team dispatches. Kevin and Vincenzo in the NSX trails a green Honda Sports Vision Gran Turismo.

20190401162005.jpg

Kevin allows himself to set a considerable distance so as not to alert their target.

20190401162012.jpg

Meanwhile, Abel and Mila are at the compound where Alan is currently staying. The duo are in a rental car.

20190401162018.jpg

They see an abandoned building, but for Mila this clearly isn't a location to be taken lightly. She would then prepare her smartphone, and as well as her DSLR camera.

Abel: "This may house some very impressive cars, no?"

Mila: "Yeah. And Ji-Soo can snuff out Alan Long long enough for me to take a snapshot.

Abel: "Oh... by the way. I've heard you and my son have started over."

Mila: "Yes. And this isn't just because for your wife's justice. It's for real. But of course we'll take things slowly. He hasn't yet forgotten what we've planned... for life."

Abel would only react with a smile, knowing that his son is ready and set for his future. He now believes that he has nothing to worry about.

But the pair would now catch a glimpse of Alan and Ji-Soo walking outside. The former now has crutches, having been injured lately. Mila takes it as a sign, and would then roll down the window to take shots using her digital camera, and as well as with her smartphone.

Mila: "Hehe. Gotcha. Thanks, Ji-Soo. You are pulling your weight. But keep your distance, okay?"

And then she would receive a text message from Ji-Soo as well, containing the information they need. And now on to the other team...

Kevin and Vincenzo lock on to the Honda VGT's trail. It turns out, it is undergoing testing at a newly-built race track. While it is autonomous, there are two men in its cockpit, gathering data for future updates and as well as for reconnaissance purposes for the upcoming race.

Kevin would then floor the throttle upon entering the race track.

Kevin: "Time to do a heist. Are the discs ready?"

In response, Vincenzo opens the glove box contained with Kevin's improved electric discs.

20190401162032.jpg

(Background Music - Initial D Fourth Stage Sound Files Volume 1: Attack! II)

Kevin: "Very well. I can't guarantee a smooth ride, though. I'll keep it close."

20190401162038.jpg

The Honda VGT would prove to be a nimble adversary even in autonomous mode.

Vincenzo: "For something controlled by lazy bums, it sure has potential."

20190401162045.jpg

The NSX would make it up on the main straight, an opportunity for Kevin to close in.

Kevin: "I'm moving in! Prepare the discs!"

20190401162050.jpg

The NSX's combined power output shines, and is lining up alongside the VGT car.

20190401162056.jpg

Kevin would swerve a little to the right, close enough for Vincenzo to throw the discs. The two men in the other car are wondering.

20190401162103.jpg

Vincenzo rolls down the window, and throws two discs right on where the car's engine is located.

Then he presses a button to trigger the electric shockwaves that will immobilize the car.

20190401162108.jpg

The Honda VGT halts to a complete stop, prompting the two men to go out. But just as they could find out the source of the immobilisation, Kevin and Vincenzo rush to them, with Kevin throwing discs once more on to the men and the shock incapacitates them.

Vincenzo: "All right. They're fried."

The pair would then drag the two incapacitated men back to the pit lane. Vincenzo would then return to the VGT and takes the helm. He is surprised by the amount of technology at the cockpit for such a lightweight roadster.

Vincenzo: "Oooooh... so fawn-zee. Lives had to be sacrificed for this?"

Then the two cars are at a convoy, heading back to New York to meet at the specified garage that Julie had set up.

An hour later, the entire team finally had rendezvous. They all focus on the car.

20190401162116.jpg

Julie: "Impressive work, guys. Now we can finally track down the source as to where the rest of the cars are stashed."

Mila: "Ji-Soo texted me that the car's ECU also keeps the navigation, so it should be easy for Kevin to track down where it came from."

Vincenzo: "Surely it isn't in New York."

Mila: "New York is just one of Alan's hideouts. We have to get to the real hideout, even if that's an hornet's nest. Plus, check this out."

Mila shows the photo of Alan she had taken earlier.

Mila: "He's in crutches. I wonder what had happened to him, but even then, he still has the guts."

Abel: "A person's will is never to be underestimated."

Julie: "We'll discuss our next plan based on Ji-Soo's text. She had acquired quite a juicy piece of information."

However, Kevin excuses himself and once he got out of the garage, he calls someone...

(Background Music - Initial D Fourth Stage Sound Files Volume 1 - Project D I)

Kevin: "Hello... oh I just got your text. Don't worry... I haven't forgotten that. I'll be back in Germany soon enough. The other half of the payment is ready. It'll be paid once I'm done testing it. I can assure you, I'm a man of my word. Thank you for understanding."

Kevin would then show his impish grin once more. Who is he talking to?

End of Page 3

AUTHOR'S NOTES

- Oooooh... Kevin is cooking up another bombshell. What could it be?

- And time for a duel volunteer request:

4836950737563944488_23.jpg

Audi VGT (Marina) vs. Alpine VGT (Francois Montagny) Group 1 duel at Blue Moon Bay.

Setup will be on your own preference. BoP will be on, and we'll use Racing Medium tires. Livery is shared already, but privacy is set to Friends Only.

I'll be available at 6 am (GMT+8) tomorrow.

Page 4 - Commentary

Time: Sunday, 12 pm

It's a race day weekend at the newly-built Blue Moon Bay Speedway in Long Island, New York.

A Group 1 category race is in order. While privateer teams linger around, the event is attended mainly because of the new rivalry spawned between Kazunori Yamauchi and Mr.A's racing teams of Vision GT cars.

The ever-popular game producer is definitely present, facing the multiple media outlets while in the pit garage. Marina, on the other hand, is preoccupied with setting up the car.

20190402155456.jpg

To her surprise, Julie's team arrive to support, naturally. Kevin isn't going to race, though. Upon seeing Kazunori, Kevin clenches his fist, but Mila quickly just gave him a pat on the shoulder.

Marina: "The whole gang's here."

Julie: "We came here to cheer for you, obviously. And Kevin... is going to do a live commentary with Ji-Soo."

Marina: "I thought he's going to run. I was actually looking forward for a duel. Well... he's a social media celebrity too, so I understand."

Then another team arrives, in the form of Ravenwest. Even Julie is surprised to see that team making a comeback.

The crew unload the a grey Alpine Vision Gran Turismo from the truck and push it towards its respective pit garage. The drivers follow suit, with one of them being Francois Montagny.

20190402155503.jpg

He is seen being interviewed by Ji-Soo. It was a brief one, as she is to join Kevin. She would then head out of the pit garage to rendezvous with Julie's team.

Ji-Soo: "Sorry, I am a bit late! Mr. A's kind of paranoid in preparing for Ravenwest's return."

Julie: "Doesn't matter. Cameras are ready for your live commentary. Head upstairs to a room reserved for you both."

Upon seeing Kevin, she would then grip his arm and pull him towards her.

Ji-Soo: "Let's go, Oppa! We've got a job to do!"

Kevin can only scratch his head knowing well of his fan's advances.

Kevin: "Uhhhh...."

Ji-Soo: "The world is watching! I wonder how our fans would react to our collab! It's a dream come true for me! Ayieeeeee!"

The two proceed to a room where cameras are set along with a round table and microphones. They decided to start the live stream an hour before the race starts.

Ji-Soo next proceeds to do her own make up, with Kevin being assisted by her make up crew.

With the remaining lights being turned on, it seems that everything is ready. Ji-Soo would then sneakily insert a smartphone inside Kevin's knapsack.

With make up done, they are all set. Cameras are ready and both are prepared to face the millions of racing fans watching the stream.

Ji-Soo: "HELLO RACING FANS ACROSS THE GLOBE! My name is Park Ji-Soo, the Voice of Mr. A! And today I have a very special guest with me! A social media celebrity just like me and currently has over 8 million followers on YouTube and Instagram! Kevin Kern a.k.a. dascosplayer!

Kevin then delivers his piece.

Kevin: "Hi everyone! Nice to see you all and I'm honored to be a part of this racing commentary. I haven't done this before, just so you know. I've done commentary on E-Sports, Cosplay, and even Gymnastic events. But racing? This is the first time."

Ji-Soo: "Oh great! But I'm pretty sure stage fright isn't part of your vocabulary. This is pretty much the same as your other prospects. So, let's read some comments!

Oooh... there's a lot of them already! The race hasn't even started!

KevJi for life! Says rastapasta900. And... ooh! Look! Haha! I dare Ji-Soo to kiss Kevin! Says wafflez72!"

The two commentators would briefly look at each other, but they just laugh it off.

Ji-Soo: "Well... let's see! Haha! We're here to do our job first, okay? So, it's just a few minutes left before the race starts! Today is a Group 1 category race!"

Kevin: "Group 1 category, huh? Look at that grid. Filled with serious racing machinery!"

(Background Music - Gran Turismo Sport OST: Powerless - Vanquish)

Ji-Soo: "Having to work closely with Mr. A and his team, I've gotten to know various racing car types. Group 1 is the ultimate level, offering an entirely different dimension of speed and aerodynamics! FIA has grouped LMP1 Hybrids, Group C cars ran by privateer teams, and of course, the Vision Gran Turismo cars into one category!"

Kevin: "Wow, that's impressive! Group C cars capture the most interest and I'm legitimately curious how would they stack up against its modern rivals. By the way... who is this Mr. A? He's very enigmatic for me. Can you at least shed light on this? Everyone is dying to find out who he is."

Ji-Soo: "Good question! Actually, Mr. A is a mysterious guy, honestly. Even I don't see his face. The closest thing I've been to him is just through voicemails. But he is a guy with a vision, just like Kazunori-san. He wants to totally innovate the racing world and make it accessible for EVERYONE! Such a noble goal, if you ask me."

Kevin: "So, he's like Big Brother of sorts?"

Ji-Soo: "You can say that. But trust me, he's a philanthropist I would love to follow! Doing for the good of the world!"

Then they hear the engines revving, a sign that it's only a few seconds left before the race begins.

Kevin: "I hear engines roaring. It's only a few seconds left!"

Ji-Soo: "I'm sooooo excited! Particularly the rivalry between Kazunori-san and Mr. A!"

A rolling start is in order. Marina could only wait for the go signal.

20190402155511.jpg

Marina: "Mr. A... Or Alan Long. Pretty sure you will come out in the open. My team is devoted to put an end to your travesty. Kazunori-san may be a meek man, but we can play dirty too, just like you always do."

And the race begins. Marina makes swift work on to the competition.

Kevin: "Wow! Check that black Audi Vision Gran Turismo! Marina Ohno is one woman not to mess with!"

Ji-Soo: "Yeah! Girl Power! And to think she placed second overall in the Japan Super Formula series last year! That achievement alone is enough for one to take her seriously!"

(Background Music: Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune 6 OST - Love My Own Life)

20190402155517.jpg

Then the commentators place their focus on Ravenwest.

Kevin: "And Ravenwest is serious on winning too! Check out that Alpine's speed!"

20190402155524.jpg

Ji-Soo: "You may not have heard from them for a while, but they definitely are just preparing for big comeback! You've gotta do it with style, you know?"

20190402155530.jpg

Kevin: "Yep, just like anything else in life! A little spice won't hurt."

20190402155537.jpg

Meanwhile, Marina makes her way up through the ranks, battling her way through Group Cs and hybrid prototypes as laps go by.

20190402155543.jpg

Marina: "Sorry, you're just easy pickings. That Ravenwest team is my target."

20190402155549.jpg

The GT-R LM Nismo sends itself to the ditch.

Kevin: "Ooooh!!! Look at that GT-R go. The problem of being front wheel drive."

Ji-Soo: "Though I don't see any plans of retiring, yet."

20190402155555.jpg

While the 787B's speed may cause a concern for Marina.

20190402155602.jpg

Ji-Soo: "That 787B may be old, but it's definitely a fan favorite because of its lovely sound! I gotta admit, it has the best exhaust note among the competition!"

She would then go back to read the comments.

Ji-Soo: "Oh lord, look at the comments! KISS KISS KISS! WE CAME HERE FOR THE KISS! DO IT! says imajo123!"

She would then stand up, and would proceed to smooch Kevin's cheek. Kevin could only show a smile, but deep down he's definitely uncomfortable. The sense of awkwardness is strong between the pair.

Ji-Soo: "There! Happy now?! Hahahahaha! Sorry Kevin."

Kevin: "Hehehehe... it's okay. We social media celebrities gotta please."

That simple gesture immediately raked in multiple reaction comments in just a few seconds. The views are increasing as well.

A few laps later, the legendary Group C machine suddenly slows down.

20190402155608.jpg

Marina: "Impressive speed, but clearly the car's age betrays you. Bye."

20190402155614.jpg

Marina: "I've gotten word that Ravenwest pit in for a change of tires. Must be a mistake on their part. Anyhow, I've got to step it up!"

Lo and behold, the swoopy Alpine is right in front of her eyes as it exits the pit lane.

The commentators would then pry their eyes on the duel ensuing between the Audi and Alpine.

Ji-Soo: "Look! Marina catches up to Francois there! This will be an interesting bout!"

Suddenly, Ji-Soo takes off her microphone and proceeds close to Kevin's ear, about to whisper something.

Ji-Soo: "Hey... I've inserted something in your backpack. Check it out later."

Kevin can only nod as she returns in front of her microphone.

Ji-Soo: "Sorry everyone! Just had to say something. A little error on my script, I suppose!"

20190402155620.jpg

Marina: "Must have been a costly mistake for a wrong set of tires, huh?"

20190402155626.jpg

Kevin: "My eyes are definitely on the two! Look at their lap times! They're the fastest ones in the competition!"

Ji-Soo: "I so agree! Both are experts on their craft and had numerous wins on their belts. Who will prevail?!"

20190402155635.jpg

End of Page 4

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

At this point, you may be wondering what truly happened to Alan Long (as there is a big plot hole after I've stopped writing for the GT6 Era).

I'll leave this here:

After Hiroyuki beats Ryuji in their duel in Suzuka, Rob grabs word that Alan Long is hiding somewhere in India. But he simply cannot do it alone knowing the man's resources. He recruits an unlikely ally - Louis Montagny to track Alan down in India. Little do they know, two people are hot on their trail as well - Andy and Russell Midfield (though both are following them separately). Andy eavesdropped Rob's phone conversation, apparently; while Russell was on the hunt for Alan knowing the threat he could pose to his son.

In India, Rob and Louis proceed to their plan, and manages to find the hideout. However, Rob encounters Russell in a twist of fate, and the two would fight not knowing that Andy has slipped in to the warehouse as well. Russell eventually grabs the upper hand, injuring Rob and continues to search for Alan.

Andy has finally encountered his long-lost friend. But the reunion wasn't the ideal one. Andy's pleas fell on deaf ears, and Alan shot Andy in cold blood, proclaiming that his friendship with him is what will cost Andy's life; and that he's no longer the man Andy once knew. However, Russell manages to catch up and manages to injure Alan by crippling his legs. Russell would then carry his unconscious son, with Rob observing what had happened. Louis helped Rob out and escaped the premises. Andy would then wake up in a hospital, unfortunately not knowing that his long-lost father had saved him.

This is supposed to take place using Driveclub photos. But apparently taking photos in Driveclub wasn't as rosy as I thought, so I decided to simply drop this arc altogether.

Hopefully this would cover this huge plot hole I've created. I'm sorry if I wasn't able to work that out.

Page 5 - Payroll

20190403155655.jpg

Marina is on the chase.

20190403155708.jpg

She then manages to strike an impression to Francois.

Francois: "Hmph! She's from Kazunori's team, no doubt. Might as well step it up."

20190403155714.jpg

The Audi grabs the position in the first corner.

20190403155720.jpg

Back in the commentary booth, Kevin and Ji-Soo were given the cue for a mandatory break.

Ji-Soo: "That was an exciting turn of events, with Marina finally keeping up! In the meantime, please enjoy these race highlights as we take a little break. Please stay tuned after a few announcements!"

As the director gives them the permission for the break, Kevin goes to his knapsack immediately. He then sees a smartphone tucked in, remembering what Ji-Soo whispered to him earlier.

Then Ji-Soo urges Kevin to come with her outside the room. The camera crew are also coming out for their much needed break. And when they're just alone...

Ji-Soo: "Listen, I tucked in that smartphone earlier in your backpack. I stole it from one of the honchos."

Kevin: "What's this for?"

Ji-Soo: "Open it. You'll find something very incriminating."

Kevin accesses the smartphone.

Ji-Soo: "Head over to this app."

Kevin sees an app named "Atkinson Motor Technology". He presses the screen to open the application. It then leads to a menu showing a list of features such as the Vision GT cars and the status of the ongoing self-driving technology. There is also a list of all the locations where the cars are stashed, across the globe.

Ji-Soo: "Ravenwest is now under the payroll of Alan, not just the Petroheads Racing. He intends to buy off teams and fix races all for entertainment, alongside getting sponsors, of course. It's like your dreams can be easily bought and will turn you into his puppet."

Kevin: "Wow... I can't believe it's this vast. And I also can't believe you're... risking your life doing this. What if they find out?"

Ji-Soo would then show another side that only a trusted few can see.

Ji-Soo: "Listen to me, beyond this glamorous make up and a lively persona, is a person willing to do what's right. Julie briefed me about you and your mother. At first, I thought she's not making sense, but working closely with Alan Long now makes it. Slowly, he reminded me of my father, who was very controlling and dictating me at what should I do in life. I ran away, cut off my ties and lived off with the little money I saved until my make up tutorials made ends meet. I have a dream of my own too, and I will not let someone take that away. I may be your number one fan, but not a blind one. I can also see what you're going through, and I believe it's my obligation to help you stop this menace before he can control everything that's not his.

I don't need someone else's approval for me to do the right thing. That's what true heroes do, am I right?"

Kevin would now smile at her. He would now give her utmost respect.

Kevin: "I'm glad to hear everything from you. Now it makes sense why you work for us."

Ji-Soo smiles back.

Ji-Soo: "Hold on to that phone until you finish your mission. But since it's stolen, the app may cancel itself out. Might as well do your magic. Heehee."

Kevin: "Don't worry about it. And I'll make sure you get the credit."

The pair would see the camera crew returning to the booth. Ji-Soo reverts to her lively self.

Ji-Soo: "All right! Let's continue the stream!"

The pair returns to the room and continue the coverage. The director gives them the cue to start.

Ji-Soo: "And we're back! We're still live at Blue Moon Bay Speedway in Long Island, New York, covering the Group 1 race! Now, let's see what's going on!"

20190403155726.jpg

Kevin: "Seems that Marina is proving to be a tough to beat opponent. Well, if she can pilot a formula machine, then there's no reason why would she back off in a Group 1 specification car."

Ji-Soo: "I totally agree!"

But then Ravenwest strikes back, taking advantage of the Alpine's weight advantage.

20190403155732.jpg

Kevin: "Would you look at that! That's the advantage of being light."

20190403155738.jpg

Ji-Soo: "Just allow me to sneak a little background about Francois Montagny. He's apparently a cousin of Louis Montagny, the Blue Streak of France."

Kevin: "Really? I've heard of Louis' exploits, but not of Francois."

Ji-Soo: "The two are bitter rivals. And I've heard that he's coming back to take a shot of his cousin once more. Now, I'm more interested on how the two would interact should they meet in the race track once more."

Kevin: "That's going to be a drama, then."

Ji-Soo: "Big drama, that's for sure."

20190403155744.jpg

Marina would take back the lead as she switches her tactic to an aggressive one.

20190403155751.jpg

Marina: "I've heard you're a condescending buffoon. Don't you ever dare show that attitude to me."

The Audi's electric motors provide the extra power needed to get out of the corners much faster.

20190403155757.jpg

Francois: "That Audi gets out rapidly. Pfft... hybrid systems. Well, mine isn't hybrid, but I don't care. I can't lose to a woman!"

His edginess pays off, the Alpine swoops past by the understeering Audi at the first corner.

20190403155803.jpg

20190403155808.jpg

Francois: "Audis are nothing more than understeering barges!"

But Marina clearly does not show any signs of backing off.

20190403155814.jpg

Marina: "All right, you Canadian b***h, don't cry when I get serious."

Marina would enter the corners more aggressively, mimicking the speeds of the Alpine as much as she could.

20190403155821.jpg

And her aggression finally pays off. She gets her payback as the Alpine overspeeds in the next corner.

Francois: "Arrrgh!!!"

20190403155827.jpg

Marina: "Oh please. This is normal in Super Formula. If you can't handle this type of aggression, then you don't belong in F1!"

The pressure finally takes its toll on Francois, and his edginess would prove to be a double-edged sword as the Alpine spins out at the hairpin.

20190403155833.jpg

Kevin: "Ooooh! The Alpine spins out! Looks like we have a winner of this duel."

Ji-Soo: "Well, girl power wins this round!"

Kevin: "The race still has a few laps left, but I think this will be smooth-sailing for Marina."

20190403155839.jpg

Marina: "Once I find out that Ravenwest is being pulled by Alan's strings, I will not show any mercy next time."

20190403155845.jpg

Time: 8 pm, three days later

Kazunori's Team Vision wins the race, but they have little time to celebrate as on Julie's orders, her team returned to Germany to plan their next move.

Meanwhile, in a dark pit lane at the Nordschleife...

20190403155853.jpg

A mysterious, swoopy racing car stops. A small crew attends to it, including Mila and Vincenzo.

As it turns out, Kevin is the driver of the said car, and he opens the glass cockpit door... and suddenly passes out. Mila and Vincenzo quickly run to his aid.

Mila: "Kevin!"

Kevin, wearing a special suit, lost his consciousness. Vincenzo uses the kill switch to shut off the engine and unstrap Kevin from the bucket seat. He then carries his unconscious friend.

Vincenzo: "Even with that special suit, the immense G-forces and his non-stop hotlapping took a toll on him. Stupid little guy. Knowing your limits does not take away your manliness."

Kevin's efforts were not in vain though. The fastest lap he recorded was...

...4 minutes and 49 seconds.

End of Page 5

Page 6 - Transition

Time: 12 pm, the next day

In a warehouse situated in the suburbs of Croatia, mechanics are doing about their chores, and as well as being in front of the computer analyzing the settings.

Walking through them are Francois and Ji-Soo, who are to meet with Alan Long.

Ji-Soo just keeps her usual cheerful self, to cover up the fact that she stole a vital item for Kevin.

The two would then enter the room, with Alan behind the desk, with his crutches on the side.

Alan: "Before I could eat lunch, let me just give you some grim news."

Francois: "What is it?"

Alan: "The FBI has seized our compound in New York and confiscated some of our cars. Lucky for us, we weren't there. Plus, the chief mechanic's phone was stolen. That could be related."

Francois: "No doubt."

Ji-Soo: "Maybe we should beef up our security, then! Surely the thief could have been that vgtmurder guy. He even had the audacity to steal Kazunori-san's files in the office. He has some serious vendetta."

Alan: "If that's the case, then we could finally rule out Kazunori sabotaging us. But I don't think he has the capacity to do such thing, either."

Ji-Soo: "What are you suggesting, then?"

Alan: "We can shut down and clear out other facilities before the Interpol can snuff them out. We'll have to narrow them down."

Francois: "Could be a good idea. Anyhow, is my new toy ready?"

20190404192332.jpg

Alan: "Testing will be done soon. And also, a replacement for the Alpine VGT in the Group 1 class is also underway."

Francois: "I don't mind the other teams. As long as I get my revenge on Louis, that's all that matters."

Meanwhile, Kevin and the rest of the team are to lay low as per Julie's instruction. They simply have to wait for her next call.

Kevin and Mila are in the home, specifically in Kevin's room. Mila is seen typing on the laptop, while Kevin about to dress himself up after coming from the shower.

Kevin: "Oh, what are you doing?"

Mila: "Ah, I'm writing a book."

Kevin: "A book? Sounds interesting."

Mila: "It's titled - Blinded Vision. It's basically our adventures in searching for the truth, and as well as giving closure to those murders."

Kevin: "Speaking of... I've also gotten contact as to where to find her."

Mila: "You mean, Dr. Altenbach's daughter?"

Kevin: "Amazingly enough, she's also a race car driver."

Mila: "The children of three murdered engineers turn out to be race car drivers, huh? That's a fairy tale I can put in the book."

Mila would then stop briefly to caress her head. She had been feeling under the weather lately, starting from dizziness. At this point, Kevin finally notices.

Kevin: "Something wrong, MJ?"

Mila would then put the laptop aside, then turns the chair to face Kevin and would then look down briefly, then right and left while playing with her fingers.

Mila: "I guess it's time for me to tell you this."

Kevin: "Tell what?"

Mila: "You see, I wasn't feeling well lately. Maybe because of our constant travelling, but it's not just that."

Kevin: "Are you sick? I'll definitely drop you off at your home while on the way to Nurburg later. We can go now if you want to."

Mila would then place her hands on to Kevin's, tightening their grip on them.

Mila: "Kevin... remember the night you unmasked yourself in Japan? The night that we started over?"

Kevin: "Then we went to my home and..."

Mila: "Exactly. Here goes."

She would then breathe out a deep sigh.

"...I have a bun in the oven."

Kevin, in shock, would then drop the shirt he's about to wear. But that shock turned into joy as he shows a big smile.

Kevin: "That's great! We can finally settle down, like we planned years ago."

Mila: "Yeah, I know. It's a great thing you haven't forgotten, despite our break up back then."

Kevin: "Of course I didn't! It's just that things started to mess up."

Mila: "Kevin, just promise me one thing."

Kevin: "Sure. What is it?"

Mila: "I want this child to see his father upon delivery. No more crazy stunts after this mission, okay? If you are to mess up Alan or whatever, please stay alive doing so."

Kevin, in turn, would also tighten his grip on Mila's hands.

Kevin: "I promise."

The two would then kiss.

Time: 5 pm

At the Green Hell, a high pitched noise echoes all throughout the hills.

20190404192350.jpg

As it turns out, Takuma is at the track for the whole day, honing his skills for the upcoming FIA WEC season. The LM55 is chosen to represent the Dream Alliance Global Division.

20190404192357.jpg

Little by little, Takuma is getting the grips on taming the beast. For now, it runs in its Balance of Performance setting laid down by the FIA upon registering.

However, Nigel radios in the middle of the practice.

Nigel: "Takuma-san, Mr. Kevin Kern wishes to see you."

Takuma: "Oh okay. Besides, I'll be pitting in too, for a break."

20190404192403.jpg

Kevin, meanwhile, is waiting at the pit garage, wearing his race suit.

Takuma approaches him, and the two would then greet each other with a brotherly hug.

Takuma: "Oh hey! It's been a while. I've heard you're on fire in Japan."

Kevin: "Ah yes. But your twin was of great help."

Takuma: "Glad to hear it. So, what brings you here?"

Kevin: "I'm on a little break. So... care for a little run?"

Takuma looks at Kevin's all-electric racer.

20190404192410.jpg

Takuma: "That yours?"

Kevin: "Yep. And it's all-electric."

Takuma: "Heh. That's interesting."

Kevin: "It has the pace of a Le Mans Prototype race car. I'd wager it can be as fast as that Mazda of yours."

Takuma: "There's only one way to find out."

Kevin shows his impish smile.

Kevin: "See if you can catch me, then."

Takuma: "I love a good challenge. You're on."

After half an hour of setting up, the two set off, with Kevin being the leader.

20190404193504.jpg

The Audi's instant power delivery immediately puts Takuma off guard.

(Background Music: Initial D Fourth Stage Sound Files Vol.1 - Todo-Juku)

Takuma: "No way... can an electric car be THAT fast?! Did aliens make that?"

20190404193514.jpg

Suddenly, Kevin would transform his persona... into a new one. With his plans finally setting in motion, it's time for him to take off what's restraining him.

Kevin: "Takuma-san, let me now be true to myself. Starting off, I'm disappointed..."

20190404193522.jpg

Kevin: "You're no longer the hero I aspired to be. You've gotten... soft."

End of Page 6

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

- With the introduction of the Chaparral 2X VGT, let me now cross off the SRT Viper GTS-R. Meaning, you can only submit the Group 1 version in the livery contest. Deadline of entries is at April 6.

Page 7 - Finish

20190405152249.jpg

Takuma may have recognized Kevin's scope of abilities, but now it's as if he has seen him in a whole different level.

(Background Music: Initial D Fourth Stage Sound Files Vol. 1 - Todo Juku)

Takuma: "Never knew an electric car can be capable of such speeds. But more importantly... how did he able to source that?!"

20190405152258.jpg

Kevin, meanwhile, proceeds to air his disappointment.

Kevin: "What happened to the Dream Alliance that used to stand up for what's right?"

20190405152305.jpg

Kevin: "Is it because the racing world sees you as vigilantes? You're trying to clean up your act, is that it?!"

20190405152311.jpg

The Audi would then instantly get out of the corner thanks to the immense electric power that sends to all four wheels.

Takuma: "No way! Are you freaking serious?!"

20190405152317.jpg

Takuma manages to shorten the gap, albeit temporarily. He would shorten his braking distance and access the throttle earlier than usual.

20190405152323.jpg

Kevin: "Where's your team's moral stance now, huh? Have you given up on searching for one man who almost killed one of your own?"

20190405152329.jpg

Kevin: "Maybe because you're concerned of your image?"

20190405152335.jpg

Takuma is slowly, but surely starts to see Kevin's true demeanor.

Takuma: "For Kevin to be this aggressive, I think my fears are starting to come to light. Am I the only one thinking Kevin's goofy self is just a facade?!"

20190405152342.jpg

Kevin: "Or perhaps do I need to wake you up? I joined your team believing that you would realize it on your own!"

Takuma's late braking would cost him, as the LM55 went in too fast at the Karusell.

Takuma: "Shoot! I was focusing too much on him!"

20190405152348.jpg

And then Kevin remembers the one line that Ji-Soo said that struck his chord.

Ji-Soo: "I don't need someone else's approval for me to do the right thing. That's what true heroes do, am I right?"

Reflecting on that quote briefly, Kevin decided to go full swing with his plans - aside from the fact that he is about to be a father soon. All of these must happen, and so Kevin goes on to show off a bit of his true skill.

Kevin: "Let me wake you up, Dream Alliance!"

(Background Music: Initial D Fourth Stage Sound Files vol.1 - Attack! II)

20190405152356.jpg

Kevin: "To think a make-up celebrity knows better than you. How shameful."

Takuma could no longer see even a speck of the electric supercar. He was outran, and completely realizes Kevin's never-before-seen driving ability.

20190405152402.jpg

Takuma: "I've thrown completely off guard. That smile of his is completely a mask. Why haven't I realized it sooner?"

20190405152408.jpg

Kevin: "I'm sure there's more where that came from. And I'm definitely sure that's not your 100%, Takuma-san."

Kevin would then back off on the throttle, deducing that their run has ended. He would then contemplate on his early rantings.

Kevin: "Why am I mocking you like this? I still have respect for you, you know?"

20190405152414.jpg

Kevin: "My respect for you has no bounds. So much so, that I have decided to finish the job you've abandoned, and you'll see how much the racing world would have changed if you haven't stopped."

The two would meet up once again at the pit garage. Kevin removes his gloves and helmet and breathes out a sigh. Takuma approaches him next.

20190404192410.jpg

Takuma: "Impressive show of skill. No wonder Takanori felt depressed upon finding out you left the team."

Kevin: "I only did this... to wake you up."

A bewildered Takuma would then pose a question.

Takuma: "Wake up? What are you talking about?"

It's time to throw away the facade. Kevin now takes a gulp to deliver what he truly feels.

Kevin: "You've been playing around lately, not realizing that your inaction caused new problems."

Takuma: "You're not making any sense right now, to be honest."

Kevin: "You gave up your fight. And because of that, some lives were lost, including my mother's."

Takuma's eyes widened upon hearing the cold answer.

Kevin: "Why don't you ask Hiroyuki-san about it? He's the one who will spill the beans. Plus. weren't you even worried that Andy almost lost his life in trying to save his "friend"? Oh I bet you're oblivious to it."

Takuma: "How did you know?"

As the final straw, Kevin points his finger out at Takuma, with a serious and determined expression on his face.

Kevin: "If you keep this up, sooner or later even the FIA will be Alan Long's toy. Don't worry, I will be the one finishing the battle you've started. Or better yet, let's see who topples Alan Long first."

Kevin would then gather his belongings and get in his car, but before he can start it off...

Kevin: "How ironic, the man who had a very strong conviction is one of those who chickened out."

He would then press the start button, then he inches the car slowly to Takuma's side.

Kevin: "Auf wiedersehen, mein freund. Es war schön dich kennenzulernen." (Farewell, my friend. It was very nice to meet you.)

The car leaves a trembling Takuma who had dropped his handkerchief.

Takuma: "Kevin.... I've never trembled like this since I first saw Hiroyuki-san got angry. He's a monster behind that smile! I KNEW IT!"

Time: 10 am, the next day

Julie once again summons the team, and all are present, except for some such as Mila, and Ji-Soo.

She then lays out some pieces of paper on the meeting table, and then pass them on to Kevin.

Julie: "I've gotten the information you need."

Kevin: "Thank you."

The papers are a dossier of female racer named Janine Altenbach. Her appearance in the photo is a woman with long blond hair, others would have her hair tied to a bun.

Kevin:
"Janine Altenbach. The daughter of Dr. Heinrich Altenbach."

Vincenzo: "Isn't she called the "Black Mist" in Germany's racing circles?"

Julie: "Correct. After her father's death, she was taken in by her aunt who apparently owns one of the most successful German hotel chains and acts as her major sponsor in racing."

20190405153229.jpg

Julie: "Her latest exploits are in rallying. But her major focus is on GT racing. Her next stint would be in Sardegna hills in Italy. I suggest you make an impression, Kevin."

20190405153239.jpg

Kevin would then look at Vincenzo and give a smile.

Kevin: "Vincenzo, please prep my 997 GT3 for rallying."

Vincenzo: "You're crazy as ever, Kevin. A 911 for rallying?"

Kevin: "Why not? Plus most retired GT3 Cup cars are converted to rally specs. Plus, don't forget, Louis Montagny defeated Sebastien Loeb in a 911. On snow."

Abel would then raise his hand.

Abel: "Mind if we bring back the topic we're supposed to discuss on our previous meeting?"

Julie: "Ah yes. Thanks for reminding me, Dr. Kern. As he was saying, we have yet to form a name for our team. After all, we have to protect Kazunori-san from Alan's suspicions and eventually, threats. We are the ones who will do the dirty work and he must relay the blame to us. Basically, to finish the battle that Dream Alliance started."

Kevin: "I've already thought one. We shall name this team..."

20190405154131.jpg

"...Geschwindigkeit."

Vincenzo: "W-W-Wait, what?! Sorry, I'm Italian. How do you pronounce that? You Germans come up with crazy long names."

Kevin: "GESH - VIN - DIG - KITE. It ain't that hard. You want a real crazy name? Ask our German meat regulatory board."

Julie: "Now let's move on to another agenda. Ji-Soo confirmed that there is a unique experimental car - as she puts it - housed in a warehouse in Croatia where apparently, Alan Long hides currently."

Vincenzo: "Ah, Croatia. Such a wonderful country to hide something dirty. The place most likely a cliche villain would make his lair."

Kevin: "I'm going there. I will do my thing and get vital info on that car."

Julie: "You're going to face Alan directly?"

Kevin: "Not yet, but I will leave just a three-word message...

"...WE HAVEN'T FORGOTTEN."

End of Page 7

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

- Oh Kevin... I can pronounce "Porschedoppelkupplungsgetriebe" without much effort. Don't make me say this:

Rindfleischetikettierungsueberwachungsaufgabenuebertragungsgesetz :dunce: :lol:

- There are now two people who can make Takuma tremble in his feet. First is Hiroyuki. And now, add Kevin to the list. :nervous:

And of course, it's another duel volunteer request!

20190405153229.jpg

The race will take place in Sardegna Windmills. As usual, follow the setup:

ttsetting1.jpg

ttsetting2.jpg

Livery is shared for Friends Only, as is the norm.

Lobby will be open at: 6 am (GMT+8) tomorrow, or tonight at 8 pm (GMT+8), depending on who's available.

Page 8 - The Black Mist

Time: 1 pm, the next day

It's a typical work day, and mechanics are setting up the racing Vision GT cars that will soon hit the race tracks.

Francois and Ji-Soo are absent, leaving just Alan alone in the room.

He would then grab his crutches, and stands up slowly but surely to keep traction. He would then move himself out of the room for a little lunch break.

Unknown to him, Kevin is at the air vent observing him. The laptop on the table is open. But Kevin can hack that on later.

He then proceeds to crawl further, until he reaches the room where the said experimental car is stashed. He then breaks open the grilled exit and jumps out.

In front of him is a swoopy, low-slung car.

20190406150947.jpg

Thanks to the smartphone that Ji-Soo had stolen, he accesses the database and browses through the photos, one of the photos match the car right in front of him.

Kevin: "Chevrolet Chaparral 2X Vision Gran Turismo, huh? Specs are unknown... but nothing can hide from me."

He would then open the door slowly, once the coast is clear, he goes back to Alan's room and hacks through the laptop. He then plugs the flash drive and then starts copying the data he found from a folder containing the complete specification of all Vision Gran Turismo cars.

Kevin: "You haven't updated your database in your app, huh? Well, too bad it's easy to hack and copy files."

While the flash drive is copying the data, Kevin leaves a piece of paper on the laptop's keyboard for Alan to read later on. He then hears footsteps the moment the copying was finished. The dialog box closes and then Kevin hurriedly presses the keys to return to the laptop's lock screen. He then crawls on to the wall and back up in the air vent to crawl himself out quietly.

Alan enters, and upon sitting on his chair, he spots the piece of paper. Upon unfolding it, he sees the three photos of murdered engineers, with the caption underneath saying:

"WE HAVEN'T FORGOTTEN."

Alan would then access the intercom, and alerts the security.

Alan: "We have an intruder."

But the chief security officer would then report something alarming.

Chief Security Officer: "Affirmative. Our men at the front gate were electrocuted! And all the security cameras were overloaded!"

Moments later, the electric Audi quietly speeds its way out of the city. Kevin puts it in self-driving mode as he takes off his goggles, mask, and gloves.

20190406150957.jpg

He would then insert the flash drive and uploads the contents he had copied from Alan's laptop, the dashboard screen rises up, and he then fiddles through the touchscreen to access the file.

He then accesses a video regarding the car, it shows a 3D sample, with the driver lying flat similar to that on a superbike. Then the information comes out, the horsepower rating, the airflow around the car, and something that intrigues Kevin the most - laser propulsion.

Kevin: "Laser propulsion? The car's shape makes me wonder where the engine was. Apparently there isn't one. It's powered by laser?"

20190406151004.jpg

While returning back to Germany, Kevin would have no choice but to ask his father. He still hasn't completely forgiven him, and only accepted him merely because of his help.

Kevin: "I've got no choice but to ask that old man. Gotta give him credit for his scholastic achievements."

Kevin then uses the bluetooth function to contact his father.

Kevin: "Abel?"

Abel: "Kevin? Oh, where are you now? Are you heading back?"

Kevin: "Yes I am. I called because I want to know something, and I believe you're the only person who has the answers."

Abel: "What is it, then?"

Kevin: "The car that Ji-Soo mentioned is powered by laser propulsion. How does it work?"

Abel: "Laser? Is that a spaceship?"

Kevin: "Spaceship on four wheels, that is. 900 horsepower and weighs lighter than a formula one car."

Abel: "I'll just explain this to you in the simplest way I can come up with. Laser propulsion is basically space tech, and uses laser to produce thrust. Naturally, it has to be aided with lithium-ion batteries to be able to produce power."

Kevin: "And also has an air-powered generator. Aside from that, it has four-wheel steering and active aerodynamics. Projected performance figures of 0-100 kilometers per hour in 1.5 seconds and a top speed in excess of 380 kilometers an hour."

Abel: "That sounds like an incredible machine."

Kevin: "Don't worry, I already have a countermeasure against it. Plus, with access to Alan's database, I can even tell when they will test it. I'll play around with it."

Abel: "So... how do you deduce its weakness, then?"

Kevin shows his trademark impish smile.

Kevin: "The driver itself. Heh. They have failed to consider one important factor."

Abel: "What is that?"

Kevin: "Well, it's apparent that..."

Kevin calls for a meeting as soon as he arrives in Nurburg. The people who only turned are Julie and Abel, as Vincenzo returns to Rosso Pista to avoid suspicion and as well as to continue aiding Pietro.

Kevin would then relay the information he gathered from Alan's warehouse.

Julie: "Chevrolet Chaparral? Oh that's interesting. Now that you've mentioned GM, I'll give them a "courtesy call". I'll do my sweet-talking."

Kevin: "You do that, and also... what about Janine?"

Julie: "She would have her practice by the weekend in Sardegna. It's the only opportunity for us to talk to her. Plus, I've got a business deal for her aunt as well."

Kevin: "Well then, let's go."

Julie: "I've arranged for a flight that will carry us and the car to Italy. We can't just drive there. It's a 20-hour drive along with a ferry ride, apparently."

Time: 4 pm, Saturday

The pair arrive in Italy by lunch time, but they checked in a hotel for some rest.

After recuperating, they then head over to the rally stage where Janine Altenbach is taking part. Upon arriving, they see the crew hard at work. The next day would be the main event.

20190406151011.jpg

As planned, Julie heads over to talk to Janine's aunt - Maris - while Kevin directly approaches Janine. Janine is seen tying her hair to a bun as she is about to enter her car.

Kevin: "Excuse me, Janine Altenbach, am I right? Kevin Kern. Nice to meet you."

The woman would then turn her back and face Kevin. She would then smile and reach out her hand. The two proceed to do a handshake.

Janine: "Nice to meet you too. And aren't you a social media superstar?"

Kevin: "That's right. 8 million followers and counting."

Janine: "Sorry, I'm not a follower, but what brings you here?"

Kevin: "I believe you and I have one thing in common - our loved ones were taken away."

Janine's eyes widened as she hears the revelation.

Janine: "How'd you know?"

Kevin: "Because I'm still seeking for justice. And upon doing so, this led me to you."

Janine: "I'm afraid I already found one. I'm at peace."

Kevin: "Is that so? Are you satisfied by the arrest of a mere scapegoat? The true mastermind is still at large. I'm the only person who can help you dispense true justice."

Janine turns her back, and her eyes are tearing up. But she fights the emotion and faces back to Kevin.

Janine: "Please, don't bring this up. The case was already closed."

Kevin: "And what? You believed the words of that murderer? He clearly covered up for one Alan Long."

Hearing that name prompts another surprised reaction from Janine.

Janine: "Alan Long? My father worked for him. I even met him once, and he's pretty straightforward."

Kevin: "Your father worked for a murderer, and his life was a payment for this so-called "progress" that Alan is wishing to achieve."

Janine: "Okay, then. What do you know about this?"

Kevin: "The three engineers died on separate occasions, all because they were doing the right thing by NOT giving Alan what he wants. If you keep this up, your future can be easily bought someday. Don't give that man a quarter. I am for progress, but not when lives are involved. Alan is merely out for money, and he's the man desperate for success."

Janine: "Is that so? Prove to me your conviction. Let's have a little run, shall we? Are you running with that 911? Overtake me, and I might even reconsider."

20190406151011.jpg

Kevin shows his trademark smile.

Kevin: "Absolutely. I'm up for fun."

Once the course is cleared from other practicing cars, both Janine and Kevin enter, and their run begins. The spectators quickly gather to witness a quick race.

(Background Music - Dancin' In My Dream)

20190406151019.jpg

Janine: "I am the so-called "Black Mist" of Germany. I've been racing for years now. How about you? Just became famous over the internet?"

20190406151026.jpg

Kevin: "I can't let Herr Rohrl down. I haven't done rallying for quite a long time, but it would be a shame if I'd mess up!"

It shows that Kevin struggles due to his absence in rallying for such a long time.

20190406151032.jpg

Janine: "Social media stars are trying too hard to be the Jack-Of-All-Trades."

The Porsche's rear engine layout has the tendency to wiggle its tail also known as the Pendulum Effect. But Kevin quickly catches on.

20190406151038.jpg

Kevin: "Stay with me, little 911. You are also a proper rallying toy."

Julie and Maris are also spectating.

Maris: "Seems that your friend is struggling back there."

Julie: "Gotta admit, he hasn't done rallying in a while. But, never ever underestimate someone who was under the tutelage of Walter Rohrl."

Maris: "Walter Rohrl?!"

20190406151044.jpg

Kevin: "I hope Herr Walter Rohrl is watching. Or maybe not... I don't know!"

But even then, Kevin's penchant for impressing the crowd is apparent.

20190406151050.jpg

20190406151057.jpg

The aggressive corner entries pay off.

20190406151103.jpg

Janine: "Hmph. Impressive. I was actually worried that you'll crash. Being rear wheel drive and all..."

However, the Audi enters the next corner with too much speed, leaving an opening.

Kevin: "The biggest misconception among rally drivers is that 4WD is the most ideal layout! You rely on technology too much!"

20190406151109.jpg

The overtake surprised the spectators, with the common knowledge of the four wheel drive's superiority on low grip surfaces.

20190406151115.jpg

Kevin: "Even Walter Rohrl had to wrestle with a rear-wheel drive Opel to beat Michele Mouton's four-wheel drive Audi!"

20190406151122.jpg

End of Page 8

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

- I'm afraid only one had submitted an entry for this arc's livery contest. That makes @MrWaflz55 the winner by default, then.

8f70e6fc-9ebe-4f45-aba4-b26b3bb9d037-jpeg.811538

This will be seen on the next arc. Thank you for joining!

Page 9 - Playing With Aero

20190406151122.jpg

Even though the main event takes place the next day, the spectators treat this as a full-on race with how Kevin demonstrating what he learned from the legendary Walter Rohrl.

This would surely attract him more followers, even though he wasn't streaming. Until now, no one not even his staunchest of followers has ever seen his prowess in rallying.

20190407165020.jpg

Julie would then cross her arms and smile as she sees Kevin now turning the tables.

Julie: "Seems like our efforts here paid off, then."

However, her new business partner would then say otherwise.

Maris: "My niece isn't swayed so easily. Even I had a hard time convincing her to join my side after her father's demise."

Julie: "Kevin's social media exploits naturally made him a good talker. He will be able to win her over."

20190407165030.jpg

Julie: "It doesn't have to be now. But considering the two had similar circumstances, you wouldn't imagine her declining such offer, no?"

Maris: "But the perpetrator has already been incarcerated."

Julie: "Heehee... I'm afraid you got the shorter end of the stick. Her fight for justice is not yet over."

In the run, Janine has gotten intrigued by her opponent's capabilities.

20190407165036.jpg

Janine: "Not bad... not bad at all. But I'm afraid this isn't enough to convince me."

20190406151011.jpg

The two cars would then head back to the paddock. Janine's crew would then proceed to attend to the car.

Upon heading out, Janine takes off her helmet and approaches Kevin and Julie, who are about to leave.

Janine: "I'm rather impressed by your performance. But I'm afraid this isn't enough. Yet."

Kevin: "I wouldn't expect you to say yes in an instant anyway. But I hope you heard me out. I'll give you time to think things over."

Janine: "Hmph. Thank you. And actually, there is a Group 3 race in Nurburgring GP a few weeks from now. Prove your true mettle to me, and then we'll talk."

Kevin would react with a smile as he is handed over with a challenge.

Kevin: "Very well then. See you at the Nurburgring. Let's go, Julie."

Julie and Maris would then shake hands, as a business deal was made between them, apparently.

During the flight back to Germany, Julie would then notice Kevin looking at the night sky. She would then strike a conversation.

Julie: "Looking at the sky again."

Kevin: "Just one of my quirks I've created."

Julie: "We will be able to achieve victory soon. I'm also dead set for justice. Alan took away my opportunity for being a mother. His doings... took away my chance of having a happy family."

Kevin would then face her, seemingly caught by her plight.

Kevin: "What did he do?"

Julie: "My husband and I entered a deal with him, but it went sour. His endless threats cost me my pregnancy... and eventually my marriage. I blamed my husband for trusting him, but I then realized, I should have directed all my rage to Alan. That is why I approached Kazunori-san and help him sort out the mess he unintentionally created. I even had to cross Dream Alliance for this, and even got to jail in the process. But I am doing it all for the sake of justice.

We share the same pain. I just didn't tell you earlier. Emotions merely get in the way, but every time I see you work on those gizmos, it reminded me on how much should I go for my goal. To an extent, I see you as my child. A mother would have discouraged her child to do such rash things, and I bet even your mother would do the same if she's still alive. But... you're a grown man. At this point, I think your mother would be happy seeing you do the RIGHT THINGS. That's all that matters."

She would then clasp Kevin's fist tightly.

Julie: "We can do this. We will win. And by the way, congratulations. I am looking forward to seeing you having a very happy family, a family being led by a man finally being freed from pain and will lay down a path of eternal happiness."

Kevin sniffles and sheds a single tear, being touched by Julie's words and given another reason to fight all the way until the end. Plus, he got to witness another side of Julie known only to a select few.

Time: 10 am, two days later

It's the beginning of the week once again, and as usual things go back to working order. Kevin calls for an early meeting. Mila, Abel, and Julie turn up at the meeting room.

Kevin: "I've gotten information yesterday about the final schedule of the Chaparral 2X's testing in Dragon Trail Seaside circuit in Croatia. It will take place this weekend. I will simply crash their party by joining in like a casual track day customer."

20190407165052.jpg

Abel: "With your so-called "Red Bull X2014", I presume?"

Kevin: "Correct. I'll test it in the Nurburgring GP by noon."

Julie: "By the way, after I've done talking to GM, expect a bombshell to be dropped while you're messing with the 2X. Alan will not see it coming. Heh."

Mila also speaks up.

Mila: "On my end, the vgtmurder Instagram account now has over a million followers. Even the FBI contacted me regarding the information we gathered so far. They are raiding each property that Alan owned in the USA, including the warehouses where the VGT cars are kept. They are now working in close contact with the Interpol as to how they'll track down Alan. Plus, I'm about to finish the book I'm writing. I will have it published once we're done with this."

Kevin: "All right, then. It seems that we are getting close. Soon enough the racing world will know it is in chaos. Mr. A will now be seen as a supervillain. Ha."

Mila: "And what are you, the Friendly Neighborhood German superhero?"

Kevin: "Heh. I'm getting there."

Time: 12 pm

20190407171246.jpg

As scheduled, testing of the Red Bull X2014 is underway. But before Kevin could suit himself up, Abel shows him a brand new race suit.

Abel: "Wear this. This will be very vital once you drive that car."

Kevin: "What's that?"

Abel: "After finding out that you passed out on your first testing of that machine, I contacted Red Bull immediately and asked them to make a new suit. I also took part in its creation. The extra padding will work in tandem with the specially padded bucket seat. The G-Forces that car can create are truly immense."

Kevin takes the new suit and finds difficulty in wearing it, but Abel willingly assists.

Abel: "Let me help you. I'll do everything I can... you're still my son."

Kevin shows a slight smile, genuinely appreciating his father's help.

Kevin: "Thank you."

Abel: "I remember that time when you were so little. Your mother would always insist on letting her put on the jumper jeans because you always trip down. Now, it's me doing this. How we wish your mother was still here."

After zipping up, Kevin would then proceed to walk to reach for his helmet. He straps in the race car and starts up the high-revving turbocharged V6 engine. Upon grasping on the wheel, Kevin smiles.

Kevin: "I should be the one saying sorry... Dad."

The car exits the pit garage and enters the track.

The loud roar still echoes all the way to the pit garage.

Julie: "What a magnificent sounding beast. Kazunori-san should be seeing this."

Abel: "Kazunori-san? Why?"

20190407171210.jpg

Julie: "Allow me to tell you a little story behind its creation. You see, the moment that Kazunori-san detected signs of Alan's treachery, he decided to meet up with Adrian Newey in secret. This, basically, was a backdoor project."

20190407171220.jpg

Julie: "Kazunori-san knew all along that someday his project will be slowly taken away from him, hence coming up with a program that will ultimately combat the Vision GT project should it turn against him."

The Red Bull race car easily tops at over 300 kilometers per hour and would corner at the same speeds in some gentle corners of the track. Not even the current specification Formula 1 car can achieve such.

20190407171226.jpg

Julie: "But unfortunately, as you see, Kazunori-san still holds on to the VGT program because of the new sponsors he have and as well as the sales of his video game. And so, the Red Bull X Program is currently at a standstill, with generous donors keeping the project alive. Your son is one among them after finding out its origins. You must be aware how much one can earn from posting videos and live streams. Social Media can be considered as a workplace nowadays."

In just a moment's notice, they see the car once more blazing through the main straight.

20190407171232.jpg

Julie: "But with partnership with Aston Martin, things have gotten brighter. They're even working on another prototype powered by the Aston Martin's legendary V12 motor. Though I'm not sure if Kevin had tried out the "Fan Car" version."

20190407171238.jpg

Julie: "I've heard on some accounts that the Standard version - the one your son is driving right now - is quite a tricky car to master. The driver must be knowledgeable on the principles of downforce in order to bring out the car's true potential. One tester even noted that it understeers heavily on hairpins."

Abel: "Of course. The faster you go, the more downforce it generates. Trouble is, there are corners that are deceptively easy that you can either understeer or you're too slow to take them on. But either way, it's the perfect weapon indeed."

Julie: "That laser-powered rocket ship has found its match."

Abel: "Kevin told me he knew the weakness. It's not on the machine itself, but on the driver. Kevin passing out back then supports his theory."

Julie: "The driver, huh?"

End of Page 9

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

- We're nearing the end of the arc. Again, let me remind you that this is the second half of a bigger arc. The first half is Kevin's foray to the racing world and the second half is putting his plans into motion.

- Think of Kevin as the second generation Takuma Kanonji. Both are bold, brazen individuals with troubled pasts eager to prove themselves to the world and break free from the shackles. Plus, we are now entering a new chapter of the entire story - when rivalries start to form, and the bond that united the Dream Alliance will start to break. Expect battles between the major characters, hence I would need more volunteers in the future. To give you a hint, a showdown between Group 1 machines will ensue, involving our heroes.

- And time for another duel volunteer request:

5989815074429075504_23.jpg

Livery is shared, restricted to Friends as usual. The volunteer must equip the car with Racing Super Soft tires.

I'll be available at 6 am (GMT+8) tomorrow.

Page 10 - Beginning of The End

Time: 3 pm; the next day

It's an afternoon with temperatures of a cool 18 degrees Celsius. But even then, the circuit is seeing two cars with blazing speeds.

20190408074205.jpg

A McLaren Vision Gran Turismo...

20190408074247.jpg

...and an F1 GTR.

20190408074222.jpg

20190408074216.jpg

20190408074241.jpg

Apparently, Team Storm is once again setting lap records in each category they can get their hands on. Though the car roster has seen the change. They'd done away with the 650S GT3 seen in their previous stints.

20190408074229.jpg

20190408074253.jpg

20190408074235.jpg

And their testing days are getting more frequent. It seems that they are ready to take on the racing world...

Meanwhile, back in Kevin's home, camera equipment is seen at the garage. The lighting equipment are turned on as well. It seems that Kevin will do another video post. However, this isn't just done for fun...

...it's actually a major announcement to his fans. He hasn't done a video post in quite some time, and he had definitely noticed his fans wondering and even making speculations as he discreetly wanders around the world of social media.

A veiled car is the centerpiece for today's video. Kevin now sits down on a chair, facing the cameras. He then presses the button to start recording, and clears his throat.

"Hello, what's up, Kevin here! I haven't been posting a lot lately since my excursion in Japan. Right now, I'm back home in Germany to do some important stuff. I want to first apologize to having kept you guys out of the loop because...

...a lot of things happened. I don't even know where to start explaining. But you do deserve an explanation. I always take care of my fans.

Okay, so here goes... You may have noticed why I wasn't posting much in the Dream Alliance Instagram page, with only Takuma-san doing all the posts.

That's due to the fact that my priorities aren't exactly in line with the Dream Alliance. I've talked to Hiroyuki-san and he respected my decision of...

...leaving them.

Out of respect for the man and the team that inspired me to take on the world of racing, I will not divulge the circumstances that brought upon the decision I've made. Rest assured, I don't burn bridges and I have always look up on them for inspiration. It's a very short time, and it's quite depressing, to be frank.

Dream Alliance is truly the best team you can ever work for. If you're an aspiring racer, I suggest you apply to them and they will assure you that you'll be having the best experience of your life.

And now... on to this veiled car right behind me, this is another point of discussion. I have decided to start my own racing team. I've gathered more than enough funds and considered plenty of customer racing car options.

Time to unveil...

Kevin grabs the car cover and pulls it away to unveil the car. It's a red Audi R8 LMS with sponsor decals and the team logo.

20190408074630.jpg

"Voila! Here it is! It's an Audi R8 LMS, and as you can see, the team logo is clearly seen. The name of my team is Geschwindigkeit. For non-German fans, the name means "Velocity" or "Speed". I have scouted potential drivers, hence why I'm so busy! Once I'm done with everything, I will make another video like this.

Thanks to Audi Sport for giving me the best deals and pretty soon you'll be seeing more of my fleet. Yes. You've heard me. I have a fleet coming soon. Audi Sport is preparing them, and I will be tight-lipped on that one. I want to surprise you all!

And I shall end it from here. Thank you for watching and as always, don't forget to subscribe and also follow me on Instagram, that's "dascosplayer", you will see the link on the description below. Bye! And see you next time!

Time: 4:30 pm, Saturday

Dragon Trail circuit complex - a brand new circuit that helps boost Croatia's tourism. The Seaside Circuit is large enough to host official FIA sanctioned races.

And as scheduled, Alan Long and his crew are testing the Chaparral 2X VGT car. The car instantly hits 370 kilometers per hour on an otherwise short main straightaway.

Piloting the car in a motorcycle riding position is none other than Francois Montagny.

20190408082901.jpg

The car isn't equipped with self-driving technology to save weight, but Alan Long doesn't mind.

20190408082911.jpg

Francois: "This is perfect for bringing back Ravenwest from the grave. Dream Alliance isn't the only fastest racing team in the world. I aim to break that mold."

In the pit garage, Alan is sitting on a wheelchair, being pushed by Ji-Soo.

Alan: "I do deserve a breath of fresh air. Please bring me to the pit lane."

Ji-Soo: "All right!"

The Korean celebrity happily obliges. Once they're out, Alan could only look at the surroundings.

Alan: "Maybe it's time for "Mr. A" to come out in the open."

Ji-Soo: "But you're aware that Interpol is after you, right?"

Alan: "I meant that I will be more active in guiding the team in racing. Kazunori's team are not to be taken lightly. Plus, those saboteurs... once I found out who they are, they will realize who they're messing with."

20190408082917.jpg

Alan: "I want to change the racing world the way I see fit. I knew all along that lives were sacrificed, but I had no other choice. I, too, deserve even just a pinch of success. That success has always been fleeting away from me. Even my father denied me of it. When will I ever catch a break?"

The laser powered car makes no exhaust sounds. Rather, it makes a ticking sound similar to a card touching the spokes of a spinning bicycle wheel. The immense power propels the car to 300 kilometers an hour in a moment's notice.

20190408082923.jpg

Suddenly, Ji-Soo hears a high-pitch revving sound. She leaves Alan to check it out on the other pit garage.

To her surprise, it's Kevin, exiting the Red Bull race car. His crew are remaining standby in the caravan along with the trailer truck that carried the race car. Julie is inside the caravan, just smiling and tapping her feet.

Julie: "It will only be a matter of time."

20190408082930.jpg

Ji-Soo happily approaches Kevin.

Ji-Soo: "What a surprise! What are you doing here?"

Kevin: "Oh... just wanting to test this thing out. And I've heard that Dragon Trail is a must try race track."

Ji-Soo: "Perfect timing! You'll be able to meet "Mr.A"! You deserve it! Come!"

The two then proceed to meet Alan. Ji-Soo makes an introduction.

Ji-Soo: "Mr. A, I think someone deserves to be at your presence today. Meet Kevin Kern, a popular social media star with over 8 million followers... and counting!"

Kevin and Alan shake hands, with Kevin firmly gripping Alan's hand.

Kevin: "It's finally an honor to meet you in person, Mr. A."

Alan: "Hmph. Just call me Alan."

Kevin: "All right then. It seems that you're enjoying the sunset. The sunset here is beautiful."

They see the 2X blitzing by the main straight.

20190408082901.jpg

Kevin: "Amazing speed. Not even Formula 1 cars make such pace. Is that yours?"

Alan: "Why yes. It's a program I'm currently running. I'm pretty sure you're aware with the Vision GT Project."

Kevin: "Of course I do."

Kevin suddenly stretches his arm upwards and yawns.

Kevin: "What a wonderful sunset, don't you agree? Sunsets do represent the end...

Kevin would show his trademark impish smile.

Kevin: "...The end of a beautiful day, that is. Oh, I must attend to my car now. I've got to practice too. Won't you mind?"

Alan: "Ah yes. Don't worry."

Kevin walks away to return to his pit garage, he then clenches his fist.

Kevin: "Before this day ends, you will witness a taste of my anger. That sunset...

"...means the end of your beautiful days!"

END OF PAGE 10

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

- Kevin rage is twice scarier than Hiroyuki rage. Even more so than Rob rage. :nervous:

Page 11 - The Fight Begins

"I'm ready..."

As Kevin said to himself as he suits up for his "practice" run. Those two words are powerful, and a sign that he is ready to take the fight, and will never look back.

20190408190559.jpg

He then puts his gloves on, after fitting the specialized suit. Finally, he places his helmet on, as he is about to strap into the cockpit.

He fires up the engine, enabling it to roar. Upon moving out, Kevin briefly stops right in front of Alan, staring at him for a few moments.

Alan: "Why... that car looks something familiar. I can't seem to put my finger on it."

Upon seeing the Chaparral pass by the main straight once more, Kevin floors the throttle despite being in the pit lane.

20190408082901.jpg

20190409063004.jpg

The Red Bull X2014's downforce allows it to catch the 2X in a blink of an eye.

Kevin: "Let's play."

(Background Music: Stratus - You Must Follow)

20190409063010.jpg

Francois: "What's that thing behind me?"

The laser powertrain provides instant response and unleashes all of its power in a snap. It immediately propelled the car to over 300 kilometers per hour before abruptly slowing down to the next corner.

20190409063017.jpg

Kevin: "So that's the capability of a laser powered vehicle. What about the handling?"

Without even taking his foot off the accelerator, Kevin steers the wheel with care, so as not to lose much speed while aware of the car's immense downforce.

20190409063023.jpg

This makes Francois intrigued at his chaser, despite only being a practice run.

Francois: "What is that? A new generation formula car? Well then, it's a perfect timing to test how far this 2X can go."

The 2X's speed is as clear as day, in an entirely different level from the Red Bull car.

20190409063029.jpg

Kevin: "The Red Bull X Program was specifically designed to right the wrongs of Kazunori-san. And I will make sure it delivers."

The X2014 makes a short work on the hairpin leading to the main straight, but the difference in power is obvious.

20190409063035.jpg

The 2X instantly hit speeds in excess of 360 kilometers per hour, eating up the main straight in a blink of an eye.

Francois: "You really do want to play, huh? Let's see if you can tag me from here on out!"

20190409063041.jpg

As if responding to Francois' taunt, Kevin is right on the tail after blitzing the first chicane.

20190409063048.jpg

Kevin would apply the brake on the next corner though, to avoid hitting the 2X.

Kevin: "Hey! Haven't you found out what that car of yours can do? Don't waste your day here!"

20190409063054.jpg

To give Francois a little encouragement, Kevin overtakes him at the next hairpin.

20190409063103.jpg

Francois: "You really do want to play? I don't know you, but you'll remember me when this day ends."

The positions have swapped in an instant.

20190409063109.jpg

Kevin: "I'm losing out on power. I bet that 2X can only do pointing and squirting like a typical four wheel drive time attack machine."

But at 300 kilometers per hour, the X2014 sweeps the S turn with ease only a traditional race machine can dream of.

20190409063115.jpg

Kevin: "This suit does the job much better protecting me from the G-Forces this car can muster; works in tandem with the cushioning of this bucket seat. Perfect. I can fully concentrate on kicking his butt."

While the 2X's powertrain gives Francois ample time to breathe as it distances away from its opponent, it is clear that Francois feels the pressure.

20190409063122.jpg

Francois: "This is unbelievable. Not even the latest Formula 1 car can keep up with the 2X! What is wrong?!

20190409063128.jpg

Francois: "I have entrusted my and Ravenwest's future on this. I cannot fail! I have to get revenge on Louis! I cannot be stopped by a mere pet project or whatever that is!"

Kevin breathes out a sigh. But he then tightens his grip on the steering.

Kevin: "Let me show you... how pathetic your toy is. And how you sold yourself and the Ravenwest's integrity for that!"

Kevin would then brake at the 100 meter mark at 350 kilometers per hour, and slowing down from that speed produces neck snapping amounts of longitudinal G-Force. The special grade racing harnesses developed by Schroth Racing and Red Bull were specifically designed to reduce that to acceptable levels similar to that of a GT racing car.

20190409063134.jpg

Kevin: "I know exactly your weakness. I've studied the car all throughout, and clearly the car was designed for the driver to be able take on copious amounts of G-Force."

20190409063140.jpg

Kevin once again overtakes Francois, demonstrating the unity of man and machine.

Kevin: "The trouble is, however, you're scared of bringing your body to its limits. No wonder you take the corners SAFELY! Now, FOLLOW ME! If your body can handle it, that is."

Francois is mesmerized by the cornering speeds of the Red Bull racer. His eyes could only see a red after-image of his opponent.

20190409063146.jpg

Francois: "I'm seeing.... a STREAM OF RED!"

END OF PAGE 11

Page 12 - Lecture

This will now be the point when Kevin gives a sign of his intentions. His fight for justice has now taken to the next level.

(Background Music: Initial D Fifth Stage Sound Files - Project D III)

20190410164128.jpg

Kevin: "Give me everything you got! If you can, that is..."

20190410164138.jpg

Francois once again sees merely a stream of red brought upon by the X2014's extreme cornering potential.

Francois: "I can see nothing more than a stream of red! Just how fast is that thing?!"

20190410164144.jpg

The X2014 is hundreds of meters away from the 2X. While it doesn't have the comparable speed of the latter, it more than makes up for its downforce that is masterfully utilized.

20190410164153.jpg

Francois: "But more importantly, who is that guy?! Surely he isn't from the Dream Alliance!"

The chicane would prove to be nothing more than a walk in a park for the Red Bull X2014.

20190410164203.jpg

Completely vanishing from Francois' sights.

20190410164210.jpg

To the complete shock of everyone in the pit lane, including Alan, they see the Red Bull car first.

Alan: "I know this isn't a race, but what just happened? The 2X should have outran him."

20190410164216.jpg

All of a sudden, one of Alan's men whisper something in his ear. It was a news that he had never expected...

Alan: "WHAT?!"

Alan's staff: "Yes sir. GM had decided to back out of the deal and stop providing us with replacement parts, effective immediately. And we'd better relocate, as Interpol is strengthening their search."

In a fit of rage, Alan drops his phone on the ground.

Alan: "I only one person who can do that. Julie... I thought you were at my side. First, you've left me out. Next, you're in jail... and now... this?!"

Meanwhile, Julie is helping herself with a glass of red wine. She spins around the glass slowly, while giving a smile.

Julie: "Attempting to bribe the FIA and buying off the Dream Alliance back then was my sure fire way of earning your trust. And you fell for it. A desperate person knows no logic. Getting thrown to the jail was sooooooo worth the trouble.
And why would I work with you, anyway? You took away my chance of happiness. It's now my turn to take away yours. Or rather... OUR turn. I'm not the only one with a score to settle. But I gotta respect you; for a man who's crippled, you definitely know how to run away and hide."

20190410164222.jpg

Knowing that he has to keep up and make sure the prototype is a success, Francois increases the throttle input.

Francois: "No, I cannot accept this! I believe in this very machine! It won't lose to some guy's project! I have to beat THAT DOG! Louis has to be in my reach!"

Meanwhile, Kevin slightly drops his pace, in an attempt to let the 2X keep up.

20190410164228.jpg

Kevin: "Where are you now? Crying back there? Fear of failing your lord, Alan? Oh please... you're worth more than that."

Charging at full speed, Francois attempts to brake late in order to catch up, but it was too late to react as the left wheels have touched the grass.

20190410164235.jpg

Slowing down from high speeds in that situation would be far too dangerous...

Francois: "Oh shoot! I can't brake enough! I've touched the grass!"

20190410164241.jpg

The G-Force sustained from a sudden crash in high speeds is more than a human body would take. Francois would then pass out in the ordeal.

20190410164247.jpg

News of the crash breaks out, as one of the marshals report the incident to Alan. The news also reaches to Kevin, as the incident reporting system of Dragon Trail ensures that all cars have to be alerted.

20190410164253.jpg

This prompts Kevin to stop. He then exits the car and runs to the crash site. While doing so, he gets his phone from the pocket and contacts Julie.

Kevin: "Julie! Call the ambulance. Francois has lost consciousness in the crash."

Julie: "Helping the enemy? That's rare."

Kevin: "I can't just leave him be. I still see redemption on him."

He sees the circuit's crew taking the unconscious Francois. The ambulance would then arrive moments later, and places Francois on the stretcher and takes him in.

Time: 12 pm, the next day

Kevin and Julie arrive at the hospital where Francois was rushed into. They ask the reception and they were directed to the room where Francois is staying.

Upon entering, they see Francois watching the television while lying on the bed, with a neck brace strapped around along with a cast on his left arm.

Kevin: "Hey Francois. How are you?"

Francois: "What a surprise... the first people who visit me aren't from my team."

Kevin: "Herr Walter Rohrl taught me to help those who crashed on a race track, even if it costs my victory."

Francois: "Heh. You shouldn't have. A win is still a win."

Kevin: "I don't want to win in life if I knew I left someone who's hurt. I don't want a victory when you leave someone behind."

Francois: "The question is, why are you helping me? And that woman, Julie... why are you with her?"

Kevin: "We're here to check on you. And I'm here to say something very important to you as well."

Francois: "What is it, then?"

Kevin: "I'm here to help you achieve that goal you desperately want to achieve. But the way I see it, you're not on the right path."

Francois: "I don't need someone telling me what to do. All it matters is that I beat that dog.... Louis."

Kevin: "Let me ask - who is the real dog here? You? Or your cousin?"

Francois stays silent, however.

Kevin: "You sold yourself and your team's integrity. And for what, just to be ordered around by a man who's willing to use anyone to get what he wants? He didn't even visit you. If he cares about you, then he should have at least stayed here or even send one of his men to check on you right now. You became a tool. YOU are the dog here. You're willing to sell your team's integrity, what for, to be able to get revenge on your cousin? Have you forgotten? Ravenwest is one of the most premiere racing teams IN THE WORLD. And soon enough, it will fall into disgrace knowing that it is associated with a CRIMINAL!"

Francois' eyes widened in shock upon hearing the revelation. He had almost forgotten how much Ravenwest put in the effort to be one of the most respected teams in the racing world.

Kevin: "Think about your team, the people who created and even suffered for its success. Are you willing to throw that away, just for ONE person? Really?"

Francois clenches his fist, he couldn't take the berating for long.

Francois: "What shall I do?! Louis has taken my life away. I could have been driving that Bugatti! I could have been in that team! I was the deserving one! YOU tell me what to do! I'm completely torn apart!"

Kevin: "Then show your cousin. Do it in the right way. Do it in a way that does not involve trampling other people. Show him your REAL skills. You and Ravenwest are far more worthy than a sum of cash. We're here, not because we want you on our side, but rather to wake you up in reality and tell that you still have hope. It isn't too late to beat Louis. If you keep this up, you'll be disposed of like an outdated gadget. Alan is planning to monopolize the racing world and FIX races solely for entertainment's sake, and it's not too late to stand up for yourself and for your team's sake. Your dreams are priceless! No one can buy it!

I can't believe I'm the one shoving this lecture on to you, when you are a grown enough to realize what's going on by yourself."

Francois would then look at his left by the window. The bright noon sun catches his eye.

Francois: "All right then. I'm tired, to be honest. Alan would just bark around orders anyway. I don't even know what he's planning. He just tells me what to do."

Kevin: "The fact that he doesn't share much of his plans goes to show that he doesn't treat you as a member."

Julie steps in to do her forte.

Julie: "We will actually make it worth your while. I will talk to Ravenwest, and while you are not going to be a part of our team, you have to cooperate with us. I'm pretty sure some higher-ups in Ravenwest are as corrupt. I can even provide you protection for the time being while kissing goodbye to your boss. I can clean up your team and restore its former glory. The Interpol is hot on Alan's heels at the moment, and we don't want you to be involved, that's why as early as now you can leave Alan to the ditch.

Or we can simply leave you be and watch you sink even lower. What's it going to be? Louis is on a hot blue streak."

Julie would then show an impish smile similar to Kevin's.

Julie: "Opportunity is knocking! I can even hear it."

End of Page 13

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

- You may have seen two upcoming cars I've posted in GT Sport's Activity Feed. :sly:

- Next page would be the last one. And I might post a duel volunteer request for the first act of the next arc.

- And because of Kevin's pep talk, a Ravenwest arc is a HUGE possibility.

Page 13 - Kevin's March

Time: 7 pm

Meanwhile, in the streets of London...

A man is seen walking towards the street lined with boutiques and cafes. He is none other than Owen Hatch, who has fully integrated himself to the Hatch family and as well going to be a father any day from now, as his wife Maria is about to give birth soon.

But even with the possibility of Maria's sudden delivery, he has to meet up with Rob at a cafe.

He then sees his half-brother's McLaren P1 modified by Lanzante Motorsport.

Owen: "I'm late..."

20190411163848.jpg

He enters a cafe, and sees Rob raising his hand to call out Owen's attention. Owen joins his half brother on the table and is handed over the menu by a waitress. He makes a quick browse and immediately picks a meal. The waitress leaves the duo to process the follow up order.

Rob: "Glad you came. I thought you'll get lost forever."

Owen: "Sorry, bro. I can't just leave my wife. We're expecting our baby as we speak. Gotta make a quick munch, even."

Rob: "Once that kid reaches 7, hand him over to me. I will teach him our ways. Heh."

Owen: "Why did you summon me?"

Rob: "Just a brief but important reminder - I will be speaking to Hiroyuki-san soon, but in the meantime, you'd better play daddy. Once I'm done, we can go back to business."

Owen: "While on the subject of "business", we do have a new threat - Kevin Kern."

Rob: "I've mistakenly dismissed him as an attention-seeker. Turns out he isn't. His lap times are proving to be a pain in the arse."

Owen: "According to some rumors, he is apparently a student of Walter Rohrl. That man's happy-go-lucky demeanor threw me off."

Rob: "He left Dream Alliance for unknown reasons, and Hiroyuki-san is tight-lipped about it. I'd rather not go into that, though."

Owen would then show a face of worry.

Owen: "I'm... honestly scared."

Rob: "Why so?"

Owen: "Whatever the outcome your meeting with Hiroyuki-san will be, something tells me that it'll change the course of the team... permanently."

Rob: "I'll be the one doing the talking. Just do what you are supposed to do, all right?"

Time: 1 pm, two days later

Kevin, Abel, and Julie are at a certain meet up location set up by Audi Sport. A presentation is in order. All three are in their corporate attires.

Shortly, Audi Sport's crew show up and immediately unveil two cars that Geschwindigkeit will also run with.

20190411163858.jpg

An R18 diesel hybrid for Group 1 category and a Sport Quattro S1 for Repecharge races.

Abel: "Those two are impressive cars."

Julie: "They should be able to fulfill Kevin's needs. After all, both had made a mark in the racing world in their respective categories."

Kevin: "She's right. It took me a lot of time to decide on the cars, though. Once I've decided on them, I've then came up liveries for each."

Julie: "No turning back now, huh?"

Kevin nods with a smile, and then the executives offer a toast. After the gesture, they proceed to drink and chat among themselves.

After the brief celebration, Kevin would then make a video selfie for his fans.

"Hello guys! What is up? So I'm here at Ingolstadt for a presentation of my newly bought customer racing cars. As you see right now, it's the R18 and the Sport Quattro S1, of which both made history in their respective careers. I'm truly excited on the races in store for the upcoming FIA World Endurance Championship series. Check out the two right now!"

He finishes recording, and proceeds to record a brief walk around footage of the two cars for the video he'll be making once he arrives home.

A few days later, Kevin makes a test run of the R18, at the Nordschleife out of all places...

Julie: "Nordschleife is an odd place to test an LMP1 racer."

Abel: "He's truly bold, isn't he?"

Julie: "Couldn't agree more."

Abel: "My wife was just as dynamic as he is. I wish I could have seen more of that."

20190411163909.jpg

(Background Music: Rage Your Dream - m.o.v.e)

Julie: "But you know what? This day keeps getting better and better. One of Ravenwest's mechanics informed me that they have pulled out on Alan's partnership. Oh how powerful words can be. What's even better, is that it was done, wait for it, out of Francois' insistence."

20190411163915.jpg

Kevin: "The road to justice is an arduous one. But I'm ready for it."

20190411163921.jpg

Kevin: "Come on, Alan Long. Throw whatever you want at me. I will fight valiantly as much as my mother did!"

20190411163927.jpg

Kevin: "It will be lights out for your ambitions. You will never ever see this beautiful sunset ever again. The jail will be your next destination. Savor your freedom while it lasts.

I'm not the only one coming after you. The people you've hurt also demand their justice. WE HAVEN'T FORGOTTEN."

Time: 9 pm

Nigel is seen replenishing supplies at the stock room nearby the dining area. He then hears a phone ring. It was Hiroyuki's phone. But as he is about to notify him, Hiroyuki manages to pick it up and Nigel returns to his task.

Much to Hiroyuki's shock, the person on the other line is none other his old friend - Zhang Long. Zhang is in Beijing, China, having expanded his business venture there.

Zhang: "Hello, old friend. How are you?"

Hiroyuki: "Ah... Zhang Long. It's been quite a while."

Zhang: "What are you up to, lately? It seems that your team is in a bit of trouble."

Hiroyuki: "We've managed to recover, thankfully. But as for me, though..."

Zhang: "Huh? What's wrong?"

Hiroyuki breathes out a sigh. He's ready to deliver a bombshell...

Hiroyuki: "My end... is near."

Zhang: "W-What? What are you talking about?"

Hiroyuki: "Come over here and ease the problem for me, will you? Your son can still be saved. If there's one person who can change him, it will be you."

Zhang: "I'll see what I can do. I frankly do not know what to do with Alan. But really, what's wrong with you? Your end, is near?"

Hiroyuki: "The truth is..

...I've got prostate cancer. And it's is in its 4th stage for years. I've never ever told everyone including my children. Only you and my wife know about this. I will leave the world of living soon enough. I have to prepare everyone for my departure. I'm now merely a decoration in the team."

"I've done everything I can for the Dream Alliance. The rest... is up to them."

THE END

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

- What an ending. And the beginning of an end of an era. The new chapter for this story starts in the next arc.

- Hiroyuki already had cancer waaaaaaaaaaay back in the GT5 era. He just chose to keep mum about it as he was fearful of what it can bring to the team since it was just newly formed at the time.

Damn ninjas cutting onions.

And let's move on to another volunteer request. I need two volunteers.

4827947944829288480_23.jpg

m6gt3setup1.jpg

m6gt3setup2.jpg

Gearbox tuning steps:

1. Set top speed
2. Set individual ratio
3. Adjust final drive

8287218221650544137_23.jpg

911rsrsetup1.jpg

911rsrsetup2.jpg

Gearbox tuning steps:

1. Set top speed
2. Set individual ratio
3. Adjust final drive

As always, the liveries are in private.

Duel time: 6 am (GMT+8) tomorrow, or on the weekend. The battle will serve as the first act for the next arc.

Uh oh, the DA would fell under Mr. A's hands it seems like! Or is it? Which is probably why the DA is about to get fractured...

That's a
medium-yikes-critical-high-yikes-low-yikes-41361113.png

I think the trigger that fractures Dream Alliance will be from a lack of strong and cohesive leadership because they will be so unprepared from a lack of appointing a successor to Hiroyuki.

I fear that Takuma will end up bearing the brunt of attacks coming within Dream Alliance for failing to step up, likely with attacks coming from Nobuhiko, Rob, and possibly even Takanori.

Well, one thing is for sure.

Hiroyuki had already prepared his last will and testament. He has prepared much for his passing, but of course that will send huge shockwaves to the team.

GESCHWINDIGKEIT

20190405153326.jpg

A new chapter in this long-running series unfolds.

T
wo like-minded racers join Kevin as he assembled a team in which its main goal is to topple Alan Long's Vision Gran Turismo program for good.
His quest for justice is coming to an end. Will he finally be able to stop Alan, and restore the racing world as it used to be?

Timeline: Direct sequel to Vision.

New Character:

Janine Altenbach:

Nationality: German
Car/s Owned: Audi TTS, BMW M6 GT3

Background:

Janine Altenbach could have been living a perfectly normal life - a solid racing career, and her father getting scientific and engineering merits...

...until her father got murdered, that is. Justice was swift, as the perpetrator was put behind bars in an instant. Even then, her life would never be the same without her father. Her aunt, who owns a popular German hotel chain named Adorf Hotels & Resorts, took her under her wing and became her major sponsor in racing. She was initially satisfied with how the murder case went, until Kevin Kern entered the picture. Kevin's mother was also among those who were killed in Alan's program, and knows very well that Janine's fight for justice is not yet over, and slaps the cold hard truth on to her.

With the old wounds opening up, Kevin's revelation brings back the pain - and she has to close them.

Page 1: Old Wounds

Time: 5 pm; two weeks later

It's a typical Touristfarhten weekend in the Nordschleife loop. Hundreds of car enthusiasts dare to challenge the longest and most dangerous race track in the world.

Among the sea of thrill seekers, a red open-cockpit track day machine blitzes by.

20190414070041.jpg

The other drivers had to make way for it, and what surprises them more is the fact that it's still street-legal.

20190414070051.jpg

The driver is none other than Kevin, who apparently received the car alongside the X2014. It's aptly named Red Bull X Street.

20190414070058.jpg

Kevin: "Haven't taken this car out since I got it for free after getting the X2014. Talk about getting a great deal."

The car's lightweight frame ensures that it will make quick work on the other cars.

20190414070104.jpg

Kevin: "Though in truth, we are to provide feedback on how will they be able to produce another road-legal car that looks believable..."

20190414070111.jpg

Because of the car's blistering performance, his lap is immediately over. But Kevin doesn't mind. Plus, he was already able to harness the car's true potential a week ago.

20190414070117.jpg

Kevin: "Well, at least it's safe to run among the other cars despite its size. Brakes are impressive - that's a given."

Kevin parks the car and gets off to stretch his limbs out. Then he takes off his helmet and places on the seat.

20190414070123.jpg

Being a social media celebrity, his status makes him a magnet to his fans. Naturally, some of them would ask to take a selfie with him. Pleasing his fans is a must for his career, no matter how demanding they are.

While he is basking in the moment, his phone suddenly rings. He excuses himself and answers. It's Julie on the other line.

Julie: "Oh hello, Kevin. Where are you?"

Kevin: "At the Nordschleife, killing some time."

Julie: "Wow, for someone who's dead set to his goals, you do have the luxury of time. Well, the Gr. 3 race is next week. You gotta get that Janine girl to our side."

Kevin: "Leave that to me. Don't worry about it."

Julie: "I am worried. Albeit for an entirely different reason."

Kevin: "Care to share it?"

Julie: "I made an investment in the Hiramoto Estate Corporation after we talked to Hiroyuki-san. I just got the stock market news, and apparently their stocks had tumbled down. I know you're not interested in things like these, but I gotta vent out my frustration to someone."

Kevin: "Hmmmm... doesn't it mean that something is wrong with that company?"

Julie: "Typically, yes. There must be either strange or truly bad going on. I tried to find out, but clearly they're hiding something under wraps. Anyhow, that clearly isn't your thing. But I'm just reminding you to stay sharp."

Kevin: "All right. Thanks for the heads up. My mother would have done the same... if she's still here."

Julie: "We're getting close, Kevin. We will be able to see the light soon enough."

Meanwhile, in the GP course...

20190414070129.jpg

A black BMW M6 GT3 is seen being prepped in the pit lane. A dedicated and well-trained crew is looking after it.

Janine Altenbach is preparing herself for one last time, as she has been in the circuit for pretty much the whole day. After all, she challenged Kevin and they will do it in a Group 3 race taking place in the same track next week.

She then sets off for her last round of practice.

20190414070140.jpg

Suddenly, the revelation Kevin threw at her comes back rushing into her mind.

"Is that so? Are you satisfied by the arrest of a mere scapegoat? The true mastermind is still at large. I'm the only person who can help you dispense true justice."

The words would continue to haunt her.

20190414070146.jpg

"And what? You believed the words of that murderer? He clearly covered up for one Alan Long."

20190414070153.jpg

Janine: "No..."

20190414070159.jpg

"Your father worked for a murderer, and his life was a payment for this so-called "progress" that Alan is wishing to achieve."

Kevin's words were clearly a strong distraction, that it erred her judgement in the throttle.

Janine: "Scheiße!

20190414070205.jpg

"The three engineers died on separate occasions, all because they were doing the right thing by NOT giving Alan what he wants. If you keep this up, your future can be easily bought someday. Don't give that man a quarter. I am for progress, but not when lives are involved. Alan is merely out for money, and he's the man desperate for success."

And a chain reaction ensues, the oversteer is simply too much to bear.

20190414070211.jpg

In a stroke of luck, however, she managed to stop the car before it hits the wall. The whole day's worth of practice takes a toll on her.

20190414070218.jpg

Janine: "This is enough. I want to go home and rest."

She would then inform the crew that everyone should pack up as she is done with the practice run. However, it would seem that a sleepless night is oncoming.

End of Page 1

Page 2 - Velocity Trio

Time: 12 pm; one week later

It could be a typical race day for an average race fan, but for avid ones, it's a hyped one.

They are awaiting for a three-way battle between three of Germany's fastest drivers. The trio representing each color of the German flag is an icing on the cake.

A qualifying session is the first order of business. Every single racing team is hard at work to get the best possible setup for the technical GP layout. And Geschwindigkeit is of no exception.

While Kevin is inspecting each tire of the R8 LMS, Julie receives a call... from Kazunori Yamauchi.

Julie: "Kazunori-san! What a surprise! You're rooting for us?"

Kazunori: "Well, if only I could fly there in Germany in a flash, I would. But I'm currently in the Philippines."

Julie: "Philippines? What are you doing there?"

Kazunori: "I hosted an E-Sports event. And of course, I will bring the winner on to your side... merely for training."

Julie: "You're sending the winner over to our team to have him trained? What? Can't do that yourself?"

Kazunori: "I believe your driver can bring out the best from this candidate I'm sending you. He will be worth your while."

Julie: "Well, if anything, video games are definitely worlds apart from the real thing. I hope he doesn't get overwhelmed. Kevin can be aggressive at times."

Kazunori: "I'm not new on that. Don't worry, I'll do the orientation myself so as for him to get prepared. For the meantime, good luck on your race."

After the call, Julie returns her attention to Kevin and approaches him.

Julie: "This is it. Better win her over."

Kevin: "I might even kill two birds in one stone today."

Kevin points out his thumb backwards, pointing at Blitzgelb's pit garage just beside them.

Julie also sees the presence of Blitzgelb, and would only smile as her reaction.

Julie: "Right. IF you can convince him too."

Kevin shows his trademark smile.

Kevin: "Leave that to me."

The qualifying session begins. Even though it's not yet the main event, all eyes are on the three German racers.

(Background Music: The Fire's On Me - Spock)

20190416192907.jpg

20190416192936.jpg

20190416193013.jpg

The three would post blistering lap times close to each other, and much faster than the rest of the competition.

20190416192943.jpg

20190416192917.jpg

20190416193019.jpg

Kevin would at times wrestle at the R8's dynamics. The car would show its tendency to oversteer at some corners.

20190416192949.jpg

Kevin: "The R8 oversteers a bit. I could use some more strength from the front brakes."

Meanwhile, Janine doesn't let anything interfere her momentum.

20190416193025.jpg

Janine: "Focus on what's ahead. I know you can beat him. But still, he does have a reputation."

20190416192923.jpg

As for Kiehl, it's as if destiny organized this race solely for the three of them.

Kiehl: "Fate found a way for the three of us to clash. The Black Mist has a serious credibility, while the Red Stream... I can't lose to him. YET AGAIN!"

20190416192955.jpg

Despite its imposing size, the M6 GT3 shows remarkable agility and stability through the turns.

20190416193031.jpg

20190416192930.jpg

Kiehl would then set the fastest lap time of 1 minute and 56.1 seconds. The 911 RSR has shown world-beating performance despite the BoP imposed on Porsche cars as of late.

20190416193036.jpg

Janine would then set a lap time of 1 minute and 56.3 seconds. It's still an impressive feat, towering above the other mid-engined and sportier cars in the pack.

However, Kevin's aggression cost him some precious milliseconds, as he cut in the chicane and hit a cone.

20190416193001.jpg

Julie: "Kevin! You will be given a half-second penalty for cutting that chicane. It will be imposed on your fastest time at the end of the session."

Kevin would then hit the steering wheel.

Kevin: "Damn!"

20190416193006.jpg

The fastest time Kevin achieved was at 1 minute and 56.1 seconds, but the penalty would set it back at 1 minute and 56.6 seconds.

End of Page 2

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

- The battle of this three cars is still pending. Two volunteers are needed and the conditions were already posted in the previous page.

- And allow me to share this random thought of mine. First, I will apologize as some statements here may offend some.

I started writing my Gran Turismo fanfiction in 2012, and while it has some traction up to this day, I can’t help but think “if I would have a non-Japanese character taking the lead role in a non-Japanese setting, would it gain the same traction?”

I started it off with a typical Japanese teenager playing the Gran Turismo game who was then discovered by his rich classmate who has a background on professional racing. As pages go by, more Japanese characters are added. I was like, “Wow... I’m delving in too much in the Japanese culture. Why not add a European or American to the mix?” Trouble is, the said new character still has Japanese ancestry! In particular, a half-brother of the lead character!

By the way, I will narrow my observation down to the racing fanfictions. What I’ve been seeing mostly are Japanese characters in a Japanese setting - whether be on touge or highways. At this point, you may judge me as a racist, but let me assure you I’m not. In fact I love the Japanese culture, and sad to say it always has to be the JDM street racing culture that has to be the prime focus. Initial D and Wangan Midnight clearly influenced them. I rarely see racing stories focusing on American or European racing leagues. JDM culture has been portrayed heavily in media, that's why. An argument by some is that street racing is more exciting because of the dangers surrounding it. Let me tell you, a lot of the most exciting and dramatic races in history took place in confined, and controlled environments of racing circuits. Heck, even Ayrton Senna died in a race track, not on the streets. The same drama and challenges one would associate in street racing can also apply in the professional racing leagues. Corruption is even rampant in the world of sport, mind you. There's a lot of material and resources one can work on if one is to write a racing story based on circuit racing! Racing isn't all just about being the best street racer with divine auras and demonic titles (I'm looking at you, Tokyo Xtreme Racer series).

Another thing to note that most of these are written by non-Japanese authors, and sadly some of them don’t even know the nuances of the Japanese culture and language! They even make a mockery of these so-called “gaijin” or foreign characters either by making them villains or joke racers. “Gaijin” is even a derogatory term! The more appropriate term is “Gaikokujin”. Some of them even use casual speech seen in anime!

Japan isn’t the only country in the world that makes the greatest cars and car culture in general. America has drag racing, ALMS, NASCAR, Indy 500. Europe has Formula 1, Formula E, DTM, FIA GT3, FIA WEC, Nurburgring 24 Hours, 24 Hours of Le Mans. There’s so much material one can work on! I don’t know why does it always have to be the mountain passes or the Tokyo Metropolitan Expressway getting the spotlight. Plus, what I’ve also noticed is that Super GT is barely touched upon! The irony...

Right now, my story takes a transition, down to my characters as a German is now taking the lead role leading a new generation of racers. A Filipino race car driver is coming soon, you know?

Or maybe it’s just me. This is merely my observation and I am not discouraging anyone. Heck, I am far from being a writing expert. Hopefully you do get my point.

Back